Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-22-2008, 07:06 PM   #1321  
Kookie Creator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jen - glad everything got there OK! Can't wait to see what everyone else came up with!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-22-2008, 07:28 PM   #1322  
Pearl-ExPert

Crissy, your bags sound really cute. I am sure the kids will love them!

I finished putting together kits to go for a Punch Calendar Scrapbook. It's a lot of pieces, but not really too much for cost and it is a cute project for a class (or a kit to go with no stamping involved). That was not on my last post of list of things to do, although it should have been!

Now off to bed and hopefully tomorrow I can start in on the list.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-22-2008, 07:43 PM   #1323  
Hardware Hotshot

Crissy - Those sound really cute but they also sound like a ton of work! I did a topper for my DS's preschool class last year that needed to be colored. There were only 10 but I remember regretting it. Good luck. And glad to hear that the smell is mostly gone.

I got one Christmas card designed today and another one mostly done. I think I might borrow Stacy's penguin card idea for another. So that leaves me 3 more to design. I've got lots of ideas floating around my head, it's just finding time to apply them to paper that's kickin' my butt right now. I have a class on November 1 at someone else's house and she wants to show the samples of course before.

Tomorrow, I've convinced AJ that he can go to IKEA with me in the morning before school. (He hates to run errands so I usually do that when he is at school.) That gives me all afternoon and evening to work on Spencer's room. Thank goodness we painted it a nice neutral tan color last year so we don't have to do that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-22-2008, 07:51 PM   #1324  
Chattin' & Sippin' in SPAM-Land

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenguinView Post
Girls, We are really spoiling each other with these swaps!! They are ALL awesome!! I have never received swaps of such quality before!!

Stacy's are here!! They are soooo cute!! So caseable!! And again, with the fancy ribbon tieing!!! I am not a fan of that stamp set, but your card sure makes me want to buy it!!

Crazycatstamper's are here - Lisa's are gorgeous! I am loving the colors you used!! And the background is fabulous - the card would be great without it, but it just makes it!! And the ribbon accents are beautiful!
Thanks, Jen! I had originally used the Cuttlebug swiss dots when I made the card for a challenge. I tried it with nothing, but it really needed SOMETHING. You wouldn't believe how many trials I went thru getting the BG just PERFECT. LOL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-22-2008, 07:56 PM   #1325  

Quote:

I love hosting!! I love getting the packages. I love that my dining room table is full of swaps right now!!

My oldest loves looking at them too!! He things they're all beautiful!
LOL! I am hosting a swap currently that is almost all received. It's been fun since I get to see ALL the cards (there were 3 groups of 8 gals). Since I kept the groups small, there is some REALLY great work in these cards! I find keeping the groups at 10 or less really seems to kick the quality up a notch on most of the swaps I've been in.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-22-2008, 07:56 PM   #1326  

Quote:

Originally Posted by amysingsView Post
The applesauce is all done! Yay! 40 quarts! Whew. Sticky, sticky.
HOLY GRANNY SMITH, BATMAN! LOL! That's a WHOLE LOTTA SAUCE!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-22-2008, 08:20 PM   #1327  
Stazon Splitcoast

LOL Well, when you figure in that I have 6 kids, it doesn't sound like so many. (And I only use Golden Delicious! LOL) Two quarts didn't seal, so we had them tonite with dinner. YUM!

I've spent the night re-creating Rhonda's great faux dry embossing for my stamp club on Tuesday. They loved it so much, I didn't dare change it much!

Now I have to choose an ornament for all of them to make. I am trying to have lots of different ornaments to display--one of each type from the Holiday Mini Star Bright DSP ornaments, the small pennant Santa, and a few more I still need to make.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2008, 04:11 AM   #1328  
Stazon Splitcoast

I have soooo much to do over the next 2 days it's not even funny. Must stay off the computer today!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2008, 04:25 AM   #1329  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

I have soooo much to do over the next 2 days it's not even funny. Must stay off the computer today!!!
You and me both. I just don't want to miss anything here.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2008, 05:56 AM   #1330  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrapshappenView Post
Crissy - Those sound really cute but they also sound like a ton of work! I did a topper for my DS's preschool class last year that needed to be colored. There were only 10 but I remember regretting it. Good luck. And glad to hear that the smell is mostly gone.
As I was coloring I was thinking to myself...these kids are 3 years old, they are going to rip this open and toss it aside. Why am I doing this??? Then I saw a finsihed one and thought, that's why...cuz they are cute!

Good luck with your Christmas Cards! Hope you can get your ideas to paper! It is always frustrating when you have these great ideas and do not have time to test them out! and good luck getting Spencer's room ready! They just opened an IKEA in a town a couple hours away from us and I've been wanting to go see what it is all about!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2008, 06:00 AM   #1331  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

YOU BETTER NOT BE READING THIS!!! GO AWAY!!! Just kidding! Only go away if you have to get stuff done But don't stay away too long!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2008, 06:07 AM   #1332  
Stazon Splitcoast

LOL Crissy!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2008, 07:03 AM   #1333  
Crimping Master

Hi, Everyone! Just popping in to say hi to all of you - I've missed you all terribly!! Last night I sat up until midnight catching up on all the posts, and I am just in AWE of everything you all are doing! And I've missed some super big events and news over the past few weeks -

Paula, congrats to you and your beautiful family! I was in tears reading your posts and am so thrilled for you, your DH, AJ and little Spencer, too!

Kathy, you are an awesome mom, and you amaze me with how you are juggling all of your family responsibiities at home and then going to be with your DD and little grandbabies at a moment's notice! There is a reason God gave you 8 kids - he knew he could trust them with you! And prayers for your DD and her upcoming surgeries - ohmygosh, I can't imagine the anxiety you all must be feeling!

Stacy, it sounds like your interviews went very well! Have they made a decision yet? They BETTER pick you! Your love and passion for your work are right out there - they'd be crazy to pick someone else!

Rhonda, so sorry about your parents' accident - they've had a rough year, haven't they. I hope your mom is getting better day by day - you've received good advice from everyone here about being the advocate for your mom, etc. I've worked in nursing homes for 20 years and there are good ones and bad ones. The patients who do best are those whose families are really involved in their care.

So many of you have job happenings - new jobs, worries of layoffs - my thoughts and prayers are with all of you! Having been a single mom of two boys (hey, Jen and Paula - two boys are an awesome duo!) - I spent years sweating about whether I'd be next to get the pink slip! Now matter how hard you try to build a cushion for things like that, the day-to-day expenses of maintaining a home and raising kids ate up every paycheck! Yikes! I'm sure it took years off my life, all that stress!

There is so much more - for those I haven't mentioned, know that I've missed you two, and am thinking of each one of you!

So, where have I been? Um-m-m - working!! I work at home full-time as a consultant to a large nursing home corporation. Long story - basically, those years of hard work and stress finally paid off, and now I'm able to sit at home in my pajamas and do all of my training, education, and quality assurance (chart audits, compliance issues, etc.) over the Internet. Awesome! We post everything to a secure website and it's just like being in the facility, only I don't have to travel all over the country anymore! So, that's great. No problems there. But a few months ago a nursing home near me that I've been closely involved with lost their dietitian in a tragic accident, and they've been trying to get me to come to work for them. I've resisted, because I don't need to be working two jobs! But they are absolutely the sweetest people in the whole wide world, and they haven't been able to find anyone that they were happy with, so . . . I finally caved, and now I'm working TWO jobs, 60 HOURS a week!!! Yikes!!! Like I need that!!!! So - no camping, no stamping . . . I'm just a little worker bee right now! But the patients and staff there are so sweet, how could I resist?

I'm LOVING the ideas for a monthly swap, and the Secret Elves Swap sounds like just too much fun!! For now, I'm going to hold back, 'cause I probably won't have time, but I hope you all post your stuff on your blogs or the gallery! And when things settle down, I'll jump in on some of the monthly swaps.

You all are just the best! What a warm, loving group! I would LOVE it if we would do a SA dinner at convention next summer!

Sorry for the long, long post - if anyone is still reading this, hope you have a great day, and hugs to all!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2008, 07:18 AM   #1334  
Stazon Splitcoast

Pamela--We've missed you! You have such a loving spirit, you brighten the world wherever you go! I bet that nursing home is *SO* happy to have you! {{Hugs}}
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2008, 07:53 AM   #1335  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Pamela--We've missed you! You have such a loving spirit, you brighten the world wherever you go! I bet that nursing home is *SO* happy to have you! {{Hugs}}

Bless your heart Pamela! My mom worked in a nursing home for 29 years! I have seen how hard the people there work and how hard it is to find good people. I am certain you are a blessing for them!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2008, 07:57 AM   #1336  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndyCrissyView Post
YOU BETTER NOT BE READING THIS!!! GO AWAY!!! Just kidding! Only go away if you have to get stuff done But don't stay away too long!
This would be me! I am just getting a quick fix and have to get back to work now.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2008, 08:02 AM   #1337  
Stazon Splitcoast

Me too!! tee-hee-hee...eating my lunch and reading and then back to work!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2008, 09:39 AM   #1338  
Mad Swapper

Pamela! I'm so glad you checked in!!! I don't know how you even found the time to do that. You are a wonderful lady and I'm sure the nursing home appreciates you very much!

Come back and visit when you can, we'll be here!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2008, 10:29 AM   #1339  
Hardware Hotshot

So good to hear from you Pamela. We've missed you! Sounds like your life has taken an unexpected twist. Good luck and blessing to you!

Just checking in before I run my son and two others to school. I had a successful trip to IKEA and the stress of the dresser is over. And I found some Mickey Mouse fleece for a blanket for his bed. I really wanted to get a name swag done for his room before tomorrow, but I am handing that off to my dear neighbor. I can't do everything. At least not in the next 27 hours.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2008, 10:31 AM   #1340  
Stazon Splitcoast

Good luck, Paula! Sounds like you are getting LOTS done!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2008, 10:37 AM   #1341  
Mad Swapper

Good for you Paula! You don't have to do everything! You are already Super Woman and delegating a little won't change that title. In my opinion, it only reinforces it!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2008, 10:43 AM   #1342  
Stazon Splitcoast

More swaps arrived today!!

Trina's, Pamela's and Angie's have arrived!! They are all awesome too!!

I will be organizing tonight to get ready to swap and I'll see if I'm missing anyone. I've been storing all the swaps in a big box, out of the way of little hands, so tonight they go to the dining room table!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2008, 01:21 PM   #1343  
Pearl-ExPert

okay so the dentist is never any fun, but the receptionist asked for my SU business card today, so that was pretty cool. I am hungry but cannot feel half my face yet, so I will have to wait.

Going to work on prepping my projects I want done for my class on the 1st.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2008, 01:22 PM   #1344  
Pearl-ExPert

I forgot to add I broke down last night and ordered a BIA...thanks Amy for the link.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2008, 01:30 PM   #1345  
Stazon Splitcoast

Lisa, I think milkshakes are the answer for the numb-and-hungries. And yay for your Bind it all! You're going to love it! It was easy to sell a dozen $5 books to customers to pay it off. LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2008, 01:35 PM   #1346  
Stazon Splitcoast

When it rains, it pours....

Things are really bad over here today....really bad. I can't tell you how much it means to be able to look at all your wonderful art - it's the only thing that gets me smiling right now! I can't post on a public forum, but amysings knows what's up.....just lots of prayers needed for my boys.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2008, 01:36 PM   #1347  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by biffsbeeView Post
I forgot to add I broke down last night and ordered a BIA...thanks Amy for the link.
I am soooooo jealous!!! Have fun with it and post some of the things you make!!

I'm going to make your pumpkin bars next week for my parents' visit!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2008, 02:01 PM   #1348  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

When it rains, it pours....

Things are really bad over here today....really bad. I can't tell you how much it means to be able to look at all your wonderful art - it's the only thing that gets me smiling right now! I can't post on a public forum, but amysings knows what's up.....just lots of prayers needed for my boys.

{hugs} Jen!

Think I will try that milkshake, chocolate of course!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2008, 02:10 PM   #1349  
Stazon Splitcoast

ooohhh a milkshake sounds so good....

i am making poached flounder in lemon and white wine, Spanish fries and brocolli.....and the kids feel my stress and are demanding pizza....i think not!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2008, 02:52 PM   #1350  
Hardware Hotshot

(((hugs))) Jen. Hope there are smoother waters ahead for you and your boys.

And ((hugs)) for Lisa since I hate the dentist! I agree with Amy. Have your DH get you a milkshake. And congrats on the BIA! Always fun to have new toys.

I just gave two box of clothes away. It was amazing to me how many things I had for AJ that he either never wore, or hardly wore. I guess that is what happens when you have a mom and a grandma that like to shop.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2008, 02:55 PM   #1351  
Stazon Splitcoast

Only a couple more days for you and Spencer!! How exciting!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2008, 03:29 PM   #1352  
Mad Swapper

Jen! Hugs to you and your boys. I hope everything works out!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2008, 04:04 PM   #1353  
Pearl-ExPert

Okay, so no ice cream left to make a milkshake, so I made choc pudding instead. Now I am out of milk and need to go to the grocery store anyway. So maybe a milkshake yet tonight (cause I need one) even though I have most of the feeling back in my mouth and can eat normally.

Jen your dinner sounds fabulous! DH does not like fish unless it is batter fried and he thinks broccoli is a martian veggie! LOL. So I eat like that when I am alone.

Paula, sounds like you had a busy day and are making good progress. Is your rash all better now? My mom is allergic to the sun and cannot go out without SPF45 on and long sleeves. Glad I did not get that, but I burn easily.

BIA will be here on Tuesday. I plan on ordering my Serif Essentials after my class...maybe...or I might wait for Christmas...maybe...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2008, 04:21 PM   #1354  
Stazon Splitcoast

Glad you are feeling better, Lisa!

Here is my rationale on the Serif Essentials alpha:

If I am going to get it during this quarter, I should get it now, so I can use it for classes and recoup just a little of the cost.

If I am going to wait, I will wait till SAB, so I can maximize benefits on that.

Come on, someone talk me into buying it now.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2008, 04:30 PM   #1355  
Hardware Hotshot

Ah yes, the rash is sooooo much better. The prescription cream worked like a charm. It still starts to itch about nine hours after I put the cream on, but that is so much better than the 15 minutes I was getting with OTC stuff. My doc suggested easing into sun exposure instead of spending a whole week in it all at once.

And those two boxes (make it three now) that I gave away were all approximately the same size clothes! I still have several boxes of baby clothes to get rid of and a few boxes of clothes that Spencer can grow into. It's funny because AJ has always been off the charts big. Spencer is a bitty thing. He wears the same size shoes as my neighbor's 18 month old (who is also at the top of the charts.) That just means he won't be able to reach as high.

And my dear neighbor has the name swag just about finished. Bless her heart. That's who I gave all the clothes to too.

And Lisa- go get that milkshake!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2008, 04:36 PM   #1356  
Hardware Hotshot

Amy- I originally planned to wait until SAB and now I am kind of back to that. I am sure I will have a good February and will get just as good of a VR then. My club order was smaller than I anticipated (my hostess really wanted to buy the BS but didn't come up with the funds this month). But I am waiting for another order from a customer who is going to get the Big Shot this week and she was planning on hitting the extra hostess benefit. I hope that is still her plan. If her order puts me close to $1000, I am going to get the bag. How is that for rationale.

But I think *you* should buy it now!

Oh golly, my car needs to be registered this month. (I just noticed the form on my desk). At least it doesn't need inspections this year.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2008, 04:57 PM   #1357  
Stazon Splitcoast

Here's another Serif scenario: (can you tell I've been thinking *really* hard about this???)

What if my Oct club hostess (meeting is next Tuesday) doesn't wanna bump the order up to $350??? I think she will, because she told me she wants the Big Shot, but I'm not counting on it. LOL

And, I really don't need any of the "free sets," necessarily. I already have the big ticket ones that I want. <sigh>
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2008, 05:32 PM   #1358  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Glad you are feeling better, Lisa!

Here is my rationale on the Serif Essentials alpha:

If I am going to get it during this quarter, I should get it now, so I can use it for classes and recoup just a little of the cost.

If I am going to wait, I will wait till SAB, so I can maximize benefits on that.

Come on, someone talk me into buying it now.
I figure if I get it now I can use it for my December class and SAB...

And I am going to an all weekend crop 21-23 of Nov where I can use it on my scrapbooking...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2008, 06:04 PM   #1359  
Stazon Splitcoast

Well, there you go! You NEED it! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2008, 06:37 PM   #1360  
Matboard Maniac

Amy,
I got the Go Go Boots, but I really wanted the Serif Essentials...now, I can't cut Chipboard letters for my recipe books for Christmas gifts class, so I am ending up buying it anyway...so really you do need it!!
My rationale...5 sets of chipboard letters that I use once and then I am missing letters and never use them all will pay for 1/3 of the alpha dies. So, I just need to get a few more people signed up for the class, and it pays for itself! My husband says this is not correct accounting, but it works for my head at this moment...
Reply With Quote Likes