Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-21-2008, 06:12 AM   #1241  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you have their phone numbers, I would just give them a quick call and let them know of the change. If you don't than mailing maybe your only option.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2008, 06:30 AM   #1242  
Stazon Splitcoast

Crissy, I can't imagine anyone would be upset about you changing the date! I would just contact everyone (however you can) with the new date.

<insert rant of the day>
One of my pet peeves about our schools is the way the dates are not decided upon very far in advance. It's driving me crazy! We homeschool until high school, and then the kids go part time, so I have not been trained very well in this respect. <grin>

My girls are very involved in choir (go figure), and their fall concert date has already changed 3 times. Makes it impossible for me to plan classes and hostess club. Grr. And it makes me wonder about the parents whose schedules are not as flexible as mine. Do they just have to miss? Ok, rant over. LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2008, 06:48 AM   #1243  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by amysingsView Post
<insert rant of the day>
One of my pet peeves about our schools is the way the dates are not decided upon very far in advance. It's driving me crazy! We homeschool until high school, and then the kids go part time, so I have not been trained very well in this respect. <grin>

My girls are very involved in choir (go figure), and their fall concert date has already changed 3 times. Makes it impossible for me to plan classes and hostess club. Grr. And it makes me wonder about the parents whose schedules are not as flexible as mine. Do they just have to miss? Ok, rant over. LOL
OH, that would drive me crazy too! I haven't had to experience that yet because my daughter is only 3. Right now my frustration is with my DH's doctor... he is supposed to have a minor surgery scheduled and it has been almost 2 months since his initial appointment. We are supposed to go to my Dad's in Florida for Thanksgiving, but at this rate I don't know whether or not we are going to be able to go or not. I am the type of person that plans things way in advance!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2008, 06:55 AM   #1244  
Stazon Splitcoast

I am so excited about the Christmas Secret Elf swap! LOL But I have no idea what to put on my wish list! Anybody have suggestions there???

And I need advice about an alphabet for my Big Shot. I am having a hard time convincing myself to spend $150 on the BIG one. But I have 2 Cuttlebug alphas that are smaller. I know, not SU, but really, if it were for a class, I might use them anyway. <don't report me>

Do any of you have one of the SU sizzix alphas? What do you like/dislike?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2008, 07:18 AM   #1245  
Mad Swapper

wish list...good guestion!

I have no idea what to put on my either...I honestly would be happy with anything scrapbook or stamping related...

Now I see the benefit to having everyone post their wishlists on this, because then we can "borrow" ideas from each other...hmmm...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2008, 07:23 AM   #1246  
Stazon Splitcoast

You gals don't need any refills or some new brads or some new ribbon??!!! There must be something!! LOL!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2008, 07:29 AM   #1247  
Hardware Hotshot

Amy- I really want the Serif Essential Alphabet. I also have three of the CB alphabets and find that I really *need* a big one. I'm even considering buying it this month because I am hoping I'll be close to $1000 in sales and that will make my volume rebate that much sweeter. But I do have my vacation to pay for and all kinds of misc. adoption expenses right now so I am not sure I can justify it. I also didn't buy the bag the first time around and I am very tempted. I have a class and a workshop next month out of my home and how handy would it be to have that bag to take it with me. I'd call them my Christmas present but I asked for Wicked tickets and I know they won't be cheap either.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2008, 09:10 AM   #1248  
Pearl-ExPert

Re: wish list...hmmm...that is a problem for another thread me thinks...uh, my name is Lisa and I am a hoarder...sort of...of some things...I even have chocolate stashed in several places in my craft room (never know when you might need a bite and 5-6 feet may be too far to go. LOL!!!

As for the BS alpha...I have a cricut and am having a hard time with spending the money for the Serif Essential (that I want) for the BS. Give me time...I will need it soon enough. That BIA is working its way from want to need too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2008, 09:12 AM   #1249  
Pearl-ExPert

Oh - I forgot to add I already started on ideas for my secret sistah last night...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2008, 09:34 AM   #1250  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by biffsbeeView Post
Oh - I forgot to add I already started on ideas for my secret sistah last night...
You are awesome!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2008, 10:34 AM   #1251  
Hardware Hotshot

Lisa- I have the cricut too, but it doesn't cut chipboard. I need a limitless supply of chipboard letters! And the Serif Essentials is the perfect size for the name swags I've been making for all the babies in my life.

As for my BIA -- well, it's still in the box, never been used, even though I got it for my birthday LAST November. I've seen lots of cool things done with it, I just never quite have time to get it out and figure out how to use it.

Wasn't there a hoarder's anon thread a while ago? I think I posted there too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2008, 10:38 AM   #1252  
Stazon Splitcoast

I can't believe your poor little BIA is all lonely in the BOX!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2008, 10:42 AM   #1253  
Mad Swapper

So, how big is the Serif Essentials? I have a cuttlebug alpha - Oliva, I think. and they are small, but good for what I use them for. I just wonder if I need one of the Sizzix alphabets.

I found some jars and tins this weekend that I would like to use up for Christmas gifts...I also bought some little candy jars at Flower Factory, I have no idea what I am going to do with. I think I might need the HA thread as well. Maybe we could merge the two - Swappers and Hoarders Anonymous. Or maybe it just goes without saying that if you have a swapping problem, you probably have a hoarding problem because who really needs all those swaps?!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2008, 10:51 AM   #1254  
Stazon Splitcoast

[QUOTE=IndyCrissy;11766340]So, how big is the Serif Essentials? I have a cuttlebug alpha - Oliva, I think. and they are small, but good for what I use them for. I just wonder if I need one of the Sizzix alphabets.

I found some jars and tins this weekend that I would like to use up for Christmas gifts...I also bought some little candy jars at Flower Factory, I have no idea what I am going to do with. I think I might need the HA thread as well. Maybe we could merge the two - Swappers and Hoarders Anonymous. Or maybe it just goes without saying that if you have a swapping problem, you probably have a hoarding problem because who really needs all those swaps?![/QUOTE]

So true!!! LOL!!!

Well, maybe we should make it part of the Secret Elf thing to use something from our "hoarded" stash!!! It can be a challenge. Let's say make something for Day 6 from your stash!! NO buying anything (except adhesive) to make it!! How's that??!!!!
You should see my stash too! So much paper it's crazy, Hodgepodge, ribbon, Valentine's mailboxes, candles, boxes, tin containers, brads, you name it....I've got it!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2008, 10:55 AM   #1255  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenguinView Post
[
So true!!! LOL!!!

Well, maybe we should make it part of the Secret Elf thing to use something from our "hoarded" stash!!! It can be a challenge. Let's say make something for Day 6 from your stash!! NO buying anything (except adhesive) to make it!! How's that??!!!!
You should see my stash too! So much paper it's crazy, Hodgepodge, ribbon, Valentine's mailboxes, candles, boxes, tin containers, brads, you name it....I've got it!!
Great idea!!! Now we have to stop talking about all the things we are hoarding because someone with a good memory might remember it and guess their secret sister before its time
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2008, 10:58 AM   #1256  
Stazon Splitcoast

Along the lines of the hoarding thread, I have so many alphabets it's ridiculous.

I have a bunch for the Cricut, which really is my go to machine now.
I have 3 sizzlits for the Sizzix/Big Shot. I find them pretty small and kind of annoying, honestly.
I have two of the original, larger alphabets for the sizzix. I like these better, since they are bigger and easier to manage. And with the extended cutting pads, I can still cut a bunch of letters all at once.
I am probably going to sell the sizzlits alphabets and keep my Cricuit and large sizzix alphas.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2008, 11:01 AM   #1257  
Stazon Splitcoast

I guess I want someone to tell me that if I get the $70 alpha, I'll be happy, and I won't wish I had just waited and bought the $150 alpha. LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2008, 11:08 AM   #1258  
Stazon Splitcoast

I received a PM from pammybaby - Pamela - and she sends along her hellos to everyone! Her swaps should be arriving soon - She misses everyone, but is very busy!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2008, 11:10 AM   #1259  
Stazon Splitcoast

Well, when i was at a crop and using my sizzlit alphabet, it took me over 2 hours to do one page, simply because of the darn alphabet!! I was trying to get the letters to shadow and I kept losing them, and it was crazy!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2008, 11:11 AM   #1260  
Stazon Splitcoast

I did get to stamp today!! I finished the Jami's Christmas/Other Holiday swap! Well, I have a bit of ribbon to adhere, but that I can do tonight while watching tv....no biggie. All the stamping, watercoloring, etc. is done! I realized that I suck at watercoloring! LOL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2008, 11:12 AM   #1261  
Stazon Splitcoast

It is getting ready to pour here - it is so cold and damp, I wish it would just snow instead.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2008, 11:31 AM   #1262  
Mad Swapper

Now now now, lets not get hasty! We want to enjoy fall a little longer before it snows! Of course cold and damp is no fun, but maybe it'll perk up a little.

I think we are getting rain this week to. I hardly remember what its like! But, of course, I wanted to take DD to the Zoo on Friday (they have halloween days this weekend and last weekend), and it is supposed to rain that day. Haven't seen rain since February (mabye we had a few days since then, but you get the idea) and now it is going to rain when I want to do something...pbbbt!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2008, 11:47 AM   #1263  
Crimping Master

No chance to catch up on all the news, but I'll try tomorrow. My new class started this week and the instuctor obviously thinks I have nothing to do in life but massive busy work for her ridiculous 2 credit class! I have a test tonight that I haven't even studied for, ARGHHHHH!!!
Anyway, I am now the official SA flake. My Christmas swaps won't be done until tomorrow evening. I just had to wait until the last minute to do them.......... I will mail them individually because I can't bear the thought of paying to overnight them and even if I get them in the mail priority Thursday morning they won't get to Jen until Monday. I am so sorry!!! So, I need your addresses. If you PM them to me, I will compile a list to send to everyone. that way we can send each other cards etc.
Again, I am sorry!!
Missi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2008, 12:38 PM   #1264  
Hardware Hotshot

Hi ladies!! Ok so I finally just MADE some time today to go back and read the last 3-4 pages of posts. I hate to think how many will go on while I'm out of town for the SA regional. I leave on Thursday and probably won't come home until Monday as I'll be visiting with all the family. That's a discussion for another day and maybe another forum...LOL!

First off thank you for the prayers and well wishes for my friend and her son. I'm happy to report that as of today she has been given the green light by the judge to adopt him!! I can't even begin to tell you what a relief that is to all of us who have been in this little guy's life for the last 5 years. We are all breathing huge sighs of relief. She adopted her other foster son back in August after having him just over a year. This one has been a very strange case and I won't discuss it anymore in an open forum just in case. Let's just say that the judge did the right thing for everyone involved today!!

Jenn--I'm so glad that you are getting out there and dating. It took my sister 5 years after her husband's death (and yes, I know yours isn't dead but none the less) to start dating again and moving on with her life. I applaud you for getting out there and doing it. Thanks for letting me know my swaps arrived. One thing to cross off my long list!

Amy--I can't believe they've changed the choir program dates 3 times. Do they not think anyone has lives or anything else going on during the busy holiday time? Geez! I'd be ticked too!

Lisa--just one message for you my friend, you really do *NEED* a BIA!

Paula--So glad you had a great trip and I just caught on that you are adopting (I know it's been way to long since I caught up on messages). Congrats to all of you and as with my friend, you'll are wonderful people to give these children the home they need and deserve! Do you think the rash might be an allergic reaction to something or maybe it's nerves due to everything that's gone on in your life recently?? I hope it clears up soon.

Rhonda--I'm so sorry you've been sick. I hope you are on the mend soon.

I'm off to get busy on updating my blog and some projects I must get done before regionals. On that note I made NO swaps for regionals. I've been in several here on SCS and decided to just take regionals off (the last regionals I attended the swaps were not great). I'm looking ahead to leadership swaps. I can't wait for those!

Take care all!
Sharon
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2008, 01:12 PM   #1265  
Stazon Splitcoast

SA Christmas Swap Status Update:

biffsbee - received
Texasstampin - received
amysings - received
indycrissy - received
Erin Kyle - received
scrapshappen - received

BevMom - dropped
Rhonda - dropped
Mischeif732 - mailing separately

So, I should be receiving 8 packages soon!! Most of you told me that you mailed....thanks!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2008, 01:13 PM   #1266  
Stazon Splitcoast

And that 8 includes me!! I have to finish tonight!! LOL!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2008, 01:20 PM   #1267  
Stampin' Fool

Amy: you will be okay with the $70 set but the $150 set you will love. I own every die that SU! has to offer, yes, it is true every one of them. Now some I have had for awhile before SU! offered the BS. I have to say that I love my alphabets. I have done them with Balsa Wood and made letters for wood projects and have actually sold 5 sets for this reason. You can not do that with the cricut. My sizzlits alphabets are great for scrapbooking, just because of the size. I have purchased the rolls of double sided adhesive that is 4" in width and then cut out my sizzlits. Makes for easy application.

Paula: I love using my serif alphabet for chipboard. I have some older, smaller (1 1/4"H) sizzix alphabets that I use our chipboard with too.

For classes I have never had anyone not order because I have used another product other than SU! I never demo stuff that is not available from SU! but if it is already in the class kit, no one seems to mind. Some of the old alphabets are close to our On Board alphabets and my customers rather not have to buy the whole On Board for a letter so they take the ones I make.

In order to balance my purchases, I have also sold kits of alphabets cut out of our CS and DSP. This is also a great way to use up your retired DSP. So at Halloween time I would cut out phrases in certain colours and put them into baggies. I find that my customers love this and purchase the DSP and CS to make their cards or scrap projects.

I have a pantry of 'class' items that I have hoarded. I am trying to get better at this and not buy unless I really am going to hold the class. I can come with tons of ideas but actually making it happen is another thing.

Last edited by Panda Express; 10-21-2008 at 01:25 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2008, 01:28 PM   #1268  
Stampin' Fool

[quote=

You should see my stash too! So much paper it's crazy, Hodgepodge, ribbon, Valentine's mailboxes, candles, boxes, tin containers, brads, you name it....I've got it!![/quote]

I could do this with my stash for everyday of the challenge and them help out alot of my fellow SA sisters. If my customers only knew what was behind those closed pantries.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2008, 01:46 PM   #1269  
Mad Swapper

Secret Elf Sign up tip!

Include your favorite color!!

Erin's sign up made me think of that, thanks Erin!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2008, 01:52 PM   #1270  
Stampin' Fool

I am just so excited about the Secret Elf: I have always wanted to do something like this but never had the guts to sign up!! I feel so safe with my SA sisters that I can't wait to get started.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2008, 02:02 PM   #1271  
Mad Swapper

I'm with you Erin! Last year I did the secret santa here at work and it was a bust! My secret santa forgot to give me my gifts!!! I got them all on the last day and they were great gifts, but kind of a bummer!

But this will be way more fun because its with you guys and the gifts will be coming from far away!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2008, 02:27 PM   #1272  
Stazon Splitcoast

I agree!! And I think we should really try and include something from our state - like a magnet, cookbook, food product. How fun would that be!! If you do it, please include a fact about your state too!! Maybe that'll be my last gift, since everyone will know who it's from!! But, I looooove surprises, so even with a box full of 12 presents, I won't open them all at once!! Think about how fun during the stress of the holidays to have a little something to open!! I can't wait to get started!! I have to finish my swaps first though!! LOL!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2008, 02:38 PM   #1273  
Matboard Maniac

Jen,
My swaps and cards for the hospital went postal priority today. Should get them on Thursday from NC. Thanks for the hostess part from you, it is work!

Angie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2008, 02:43 PM   #1274  
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh yeah, any vendor goes for the secret elf, but getting SU stuff is always fun and very much appreciated!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2008, 02:52 PM   #1275  
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh yeah, and on the topic of hoarding, I have so many babysitting co-op tickets it's not funny!! I have never used any, but babysat, like 20 times!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2008, 02:55 PM   #1276  
Stazon Splitcoast

LOL Jen. Cause what if you NEED them later!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2008, 02:58 PM   #1277  
Stazon Splitcoast

See, a woman who thinks like me!!!! I just might need them!!!! Someday.....

when I meet a nice guy.......lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2008, 02:59 PM   #1278  
Stazon Splitcoast

and by the way, you can go into debt in our co-op. one of my best buds, mimi, is in debt so deep, she is now printing her own coupons!!! lol!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2008, 03:34 PM   #1279  
Hardware Hotshot

Too funny. I hoard all kinds of things too but I am not as bad as my mother. But I am a collector too. Think we have enough GeoTrax to run a line to Boise. When I was going through toys last night, I couldn't believe I actually bought all those pieces! (And there are more in the garage that have never been opened!)

I feel bad for my BIA too Amy. Maybe when my life settles down. . .

Quick update. AJ and Spencer met this morning and what a wild time they had. Spencer was much more animated on this visit but I didn't see any behavior from him that I didn't see in AJ two years ago. We get to bring him to our house on Friday for a few hours and show him his room and all the stuff we have here. Then Saturday, he'll come home with us for good. They are moving fast, trying to beat the state from taking action. Our agency keeps assuring us that as a private adoption, they can't butt in, but it isn't keeping them from trying.

I spent the afternoon trying to find a dresser for his room. Thought I would just go to the furniture store and buy the one that matches our bunk beds. But no, they are out of stock until November 30. Guess I will make a trip to IKEA on Thursday.

I got my projects planned for hostess club this morning but these Christmas cards are giving me heartburn. Off to try again.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2008, 03:47 PM   #1280  
Stazon Splitcoast

Paula,

So glad to hear about Spencer!!

BTW, just a friendly bit of advice, from a mom of 2 boys to another mom of 2 boys.......

Buy a plunger for each bathroom. Do not ask why. Do not pass Go. Do not collect $200. Just do it.
Reply With Quote Likes