Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-19-2008, 07:45 PM   #1201  
Crimping Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TSS

Just a quick post to say that I have TSS! Toxic Swap Syndrome. Every idea I've tried has turned out bad. It's like the paper and ink are against me! I think I'd just better go to bed and look at things tomorrow to see if I can salvage any of my ideas.
(Jen- my swaps will be there by Friday, I promise!!)
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2008, 08:19 PM   #1202  
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh, Missy! I'm sorry! I'm sure everything will look better tomorrow! :-)

I just finished blogging for the week, and CARP, I've gotta get some new stuff made! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2008, 05:47 AM   #1203  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by amysingsView Post
Great blogging, Paula! And your AJ is adorable!
And it looks like you had a marvelous time at Disney! How fun. I love Disney, but have not been in years. No kids here so DH doesn't think that qualifies us to go!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2008, 05:49 AM   #1204  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by mischief732View Post
Just a quick post to say that I have TSS! Toxic Swap Syndrome. Every idea I've tried has turned out bad. It's like the paper and ink are against me! I think I'd just better go to bed and look at things tomorrow to see if I can salvage any of my ideas.

{hugs} I was in the same boat! If I can do it, you can! I know whatever you come up with will be wonderful! Today is a new day!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2008, 06:12 AM   #1205  
Stazon Splitcoast

Paula,

Your son is adorable!! I can't believe you packed all of those trips into your vacation! You must be exhausted!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2008, 06:13 AM   #1206  
Stazon Splitcoast

See, I posted the SA Christmas Elf swap now, so we'd have time to make stuff. I mean, it's so easy to make one extra of stuff, as you're going along, you know!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2008, 08:03 AM   #1207  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Oklahoma...State (OSU) We love 'em even when they lose, and we're never disappointed!

Hi girls! DH vomited (sorry!) before I could go back to my parents' house yesterday after we brought him back to go to work. I waited to leave and then I was also equally sick unfortunately. Hoping to be cool with my breakfast today , and if so I'll leave about 1 p.m. or so.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2008, 08:23 AM   #1208  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hello all.. its a VERY CHILLY day here in NY.. I'm still in my P.J's! lol.. and although I do have to go outside .. I don't want to! lol.. BUT I will push my BUM out the door... Hopefully.. I ran out of ink!! GRRRR... and its going to hurt my pocket some GRRR cause why is it like 50 for it.. so I am wondering if I will get away w/just getting the black color ink! lol.. I was going to get my inks refilled but the store that use to do it closed sooo now I have to go to Staples.. BOOOO.. or I might wait for Hubby to take me to Office Depot.. ok rambling....

Didnt get to go Pumpkin Picking cause my 15mth old nephew broke his little arm!!! My SIL and her hubby were away at his parents house and some way some how he fell off the sofa.... they thought he was ok but he was cranky all day he came home (to my MIL) around 4:30 and my MIL said what wrong w/Nate why isn't he moving his right arm.. oh he's fine my SIL said he was cranky all day.. I said hmmm being that my oldest had gotten Nurse's Elbow when he was around 2 because my cousin jerked him (playing around) and he wasn't moving his arm and I ran w/him the ER.. I looked at Nate and tried to give him the cell phone he was trying to pick up his arm but it was taking longer then it should me and my hubby said hmmm it might be that? we asked if he had fallen or something they said no he was fine(they told us he fell when they got back) so long story short they got back from the ER at 9:30 only to have him in a sling till this AM and I just called and my MIL said my SIL called and they said they were putting a cast on him.. which he will have to wear for 4 weeks :( :( :( my poor cutie...

So needless to say we didn't go pumpkin picking and were are suppose to take Halloween pics him and my DD on Wednesday at Picture People so my cutie is going to have a cast in the pic! OH MAN.. :(

Ok that is my story of the day.. no did I read somewhere on this thread another post... SEEEEEE I NEED HELP (as I sit with my Big Shot next to me cutting out for one of my many swaps! lol)

-Ellie

My Little Rambling World
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2008, 08:33 AM   #1209  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Oklahoma...State (OSU) We love 'em even when they lose, and we're never disappointed!

Wonderful pics Paula!

Hugs to you and your girls Kathy!

So sorry about your little nephew Ellie! Poor little guy!

I hope I'm allowed in the secret sister thing since I had to flake on this swap?!

I'd love a monthly swap if we could sign up for it separately each month. (I love themes where it is technique or a holiday theme or mini 3-D whatever. I'm in an off board monthly swap now, and some months I just don't need swaps at all while other months I could use more swaps.

My mom is about to be released from the hospital to a rehab or nursing home (if she isn't ready for rehab) or whatever. I'm going this afternoon (assuming I continue to feel okay) so I can go with Dad tomorrow to get things figured out.

My dad is having his knee checked out well this morning. He's had an ultrasound etc.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2008, 08:37 AM   #1210  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hope you feel better today, Rhonda! And I'm *sure* you're still welcome in the 12 days swap!

I think having separate signups for each month would be great! I know I probably would miss some months, too. Love the idea of different themes.

Give your mom a hug for all of us!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2008, 09:08 AM   #1211  
Stazon Splitcoast

Of course you're still allowed in!!

I don't consider giving us advance notice and having something so stressful happen in your life "flaking". You told us you weren't going to be able to do it, so quit worrying!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2008, 09:18 AM   #1212  
Glitter Guru

Good to hear from you Rhonda. Sorry you are sick too. On top of everything else! Hope the transition with your mom goes well and that you will get better fast.

Ellie- That is really sad about your nephew. Hope he's on the mend soon.

Glad you all liked the pictures and blog.

Talked to our caseworker this morning and the goal is to have Spencer in our home by the end of the week. My DH's trip for next week has been postponed a week so that is a big help.

But I came home to a few other small headaches that need to be taken care of too. Nothing major, just straightening out AJ's immunization records with the school district so they don't kick him out. And I am going to the Doc this afternoon to get a prescription for this rash on my arms. I didn't sleep well last night because of it and that's the last thing I need this week. (No sleep that is.)

And I have got to stamp tonight. Club is in two days and I still don't have projects ready.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2008, 09:22 AM   #1213  
Stazon Splitcoast

Paula--if there is anything you want to copy from me, PLEASE do it! My stuff is up for card buffet (Oct and Nov), and if it would help you out, I would be so pleased to have you use it!
http://cardbuffet.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2008, 09:27 AM   #1214  
Glitter Guru

Hi all,
I'm back from my scrapbook retreat and had a fabulous time but I'm exhausted from lack of sleep. I tried to sleep in this morning but it didn't work too well. I'm proud to say that I got 40 (12x12) pages done this weekend! I also entered one of my layouts in the Picture Perfect art show contest and won 1st place! That was fun. I plan to post my winning layout on my blog at some point today. I have so much to catch up on here on the list and hope to settle down this afternoon and just read! Jen, I do want to make sure that my swaps made it to you. I'm only home until Thursday when I leave for San Antonio and the regional. This is going to be a short week. Tomorrow I take my "grandson" to school as his Mom (my friend) is going to court to try for full custody of him. It's a very long, complicated story which I'll share with you'll once it's over but please say a prayer for the little guy and his Mom. He's been with her since he was 8 weeks old (he's now 5 1/2). He was removed by CPS at 6 weeks and was in a group facility for 2 weeks before she got him. So much has happened over the last 5 years and once it's all over I'll share their incredible story/journey. I work all day tomorrow and then on Wednesday I'm helping a friend/customer with some shower invitations all morning before heading to a training class at 2 p.m. Then home to pack up before I leave on Thursday. No rest for the wicked I guess! Can't wait to catch up on everone else. Be back later on.
Sharon
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2008, 09:30 AM   #1215  
Stazon Splitcoast

Yes, Sharon they made it here fine and they are awesome!!
BTW, I have a good friend in Grapevine!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2008, 09:30 AM   #1216  
Stazon Splitcoast

Congratulations on winning first place!! I can't wait to see it!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2008, 09:32 AM   #1217  
Stazon Splitcoast

Paula,

I can't believe how quickly the adoption is going. Yea for you and Spencer! And AJ too - I bet he can't wait to have a brother!

Soon, you too, will be cleaning up floods in your kitchen! It's amazing the trouble two litle boy brains get into!! LOL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2008, 09:35 AM   #1218  
Glitter Guru

Sharon- Congrats on getting so much done and winning first place. Sending prayers and hugs for your friend and her son. I hope it all works out. Adoption can be such a great thing but dealing with the state can be a nightmare. Hope it's better in Texas than it is here.

That's one of my fears. Spencer originally came from the foster system and I really don't want them involved in our lives. Not that I have anything to hide, it just gets so complicated.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2008, 10:06 AM   #1219  
Kookie Creator

Jen - A box will be on it's way to you today including my swap. Just need to get it to the PO!

Sounds like a crazy week for so many of you! I've got another swap due, a card class (fortunately prepaid!), and samples to complete for the upcoming card class all for tomorrow. Then a stack to cut for (120 cards tally so far) for Saturday. And our halloween costumes to make. And I'm sitting here on the computer instead.

Paula - good luck with the placement. I'm sure it will all go well.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2008, 10:43 AM   #1220  
Stazon Splitcoast

Yay!

I don't think the mail has come yet today....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2008, 10:59 AM   #1221  
Chattin' & Sippin' in SPAM-Land

Jen- my swaps just went postal! I was a little worried as I apparently ate something REALLY BAD on Saturday and spent all day yesterday in bed or in the bathroom, but I actually got up, showered and went to the post office this morning! I've also worked my way up to jello and crackers, so things are looking up.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2008, 11:03 AM   #1222  
Chattin' & Sippin' in SPAM-Land

Quote:

Originally Posted by mischief732View Post
I have that too! The other swap I have that's due this week I thought I had all figured out. Cut all the pieces, scalloped a million edges, put the first one together and EEEEEEEEEW! The colors do NOT work. Now how can Ruby Red and Cameo Coral look SO BAD together? Seriously GROSS. So starting all over again today. SIGH.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2008, 11:06 AM   #1223  
Mad Swapper

Hello All from London! flight went well and the first afternoon at work was productive.. but I am POOPED!

just dropping a note to all the SA swappers that my swaps don't have any info on them! so sorry. I ran out of time to get them out the door before I got on the plane. If you have questions, let me know. I will say this though... I used the baby wipe technique to do the christmas tree..

have a good day all. I'm off to have a hot bath and BED!

Cheerio!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2008, 01:11 PM   #1224  
Glitter Guru

Wow. Sounds like we're spreading a little something around virtually again with the stomach bug. Hope its a quick one and that you are all back on your feet soon.

Liz- London. How exciting! Have a great trip and I hope you get to see a show and catch the sites while you are there too.

Back from the docs and I am officially *sun sensitive.* Just something else to be allergic to I guess. The story of my life!

Happy Stamping everyone!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2008, 01:39 PM   #1225  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey Paula,

My friend is also sun-sensitive and is going to a dermatologist to get rid of it. She rubs on this cream and stands in a light booth. You start very small - like one minute or something silly and work up to it. She said, so far, so good, big test will be next summer!! And get this - she's not fair -she's dark -she's from Puerto Rico!! Who would figure??
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2008, 02:04 PM   #1226  
Stazon Splitcoast

Lisa,

Your swaps have arrived safe and sound! I'm lucky I went out, since the PO leaned them up against the garage - when I have a farmer's porch! My regular guy just puts everything on the porch, so I guess he was out today.

Another gorgeous card ladies! Stunning, I shall say. I always have so much trouble using that color, but it looks perfect! And the watercoloring! OY!

Thank you too for the card donations. I am going to work to put together packs to send to moms in the hospital with their little ones. At first, I thought we'd send cards to the kids, but I realized that even when Drew was in the hospital at 6 months, and his various ER visits, they always go out of the way for the kids - toys, videos, activities, etc. But, the mom is always there - with no support. So, my goal is to support the moms in this endeavor. I was going crazy sitting in the hospital for 3 days - I can't imagine the months long waits for hearts.

So, thank you again!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2008, 02:48 PM   #1227  
Glitter Guru

Jen- The doctor mentioned something about light therapy if it continues or gets worse. I don't spend a lot of time outside. My little brother had melanoma at 19 and my BFF had it this summer so I am a little freaky about it. I think that maybe one of the reasons it flared up so bad. I was inside all summer (doing convention swaps) and then outside in the CA sun for a whole week straight.

Can't wait to see all the swaps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2008, 03:04 PM   #1228  
Stazon Splitcoast

Have you tried Vitamin D and calcium? I'm outside all summer, so fall comes around and bam! I sink into depression and my skin goes crazy. So, I am now on mega doses of both. Even in the summer, my blood tests as vit. D deficient!

I'm sorry to hear about the melanoma history. That's scary. A friend of mine's husband had it.....on his hip - where the sun never shined! It was very strange...they said it could be a genetic mutation? He's OK now, but boy, was it scary. You are right to be cautious. I need to be more cautious, but I tend to slack off.

BTW, I can't wait to see pictures of Spencer!!! Two boys are a handful, but as a mom to two boys myself - 6 1/2 and 4 1/2, I can't tell you how happy I am (most of the time!). They are wonderful - all boys love their mommies and it is just so much fun doing soccer, baseball, etc....talk to me in a couple of years though!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2008, 03:36 PM   #1229  
Die Cut Diva

Hi All!
Busy chatty day here. Rhonda good to hear from you. I hope the recovery for both of your parents is going well and I hope you feel better! Sheesh, when it rains it pours.

Kathy you have an amazing schedule going there. Wow.

Jen, you are very welcome for the card donations. I will keep you in mind when I get a new collection going.

Amy - thanks for the info. Cannot wait to post the photo for everyone.

Liz, Hope you get some time to enjoy London while you are there. Sleep well!

Lisa, sorry you are being challenged with your idea...I usually like those two colors together with a little caramel. It will all come together.

*amy - sometimes you just need to pop in here for sanity Sounds like you have a busy week.

Paula, your blog is great! Let us know if we can do anything for you long distance. Happy to help if I can.

Sharon - Awesome job on the scrap pages completed! Wow, I don't have anywhere near that goal for my weekend retreat coming up in Nov. It would be really great to finish this trip though...And very cool winning a contest!!! I will be praying for your friend and the little one.

Ellie, so sorry about your nephew's arm. Little guys heal fast and he will be good as new in no time. Sorry you missed the pumpkin patch! I was thinking I would go and pick a fresh pumpkin for pies...I really don't do Halloween, but pumpkin is yummy in pies and bars and bread and muffins etc.

Missi, did you get past your TSS???
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2008, 03:41 PM   #1230  
Die Cut Diva

DH oral surgery today went okay...took longer than expected, but all is well now. He got home and wanted to go work in the shed...such a man! He lasted about 10 minutes and decided that the doctor was probably right that he should take it easy today. Go figure on that!

I finished my cards for Jami's swap in the waiting room. The receptionist was in awe (but not interested) and one of the other patients that came in was a demo in my area. They both really liked my card so that was nice.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2008, 04:23 PM   #1231  
Pearl-ExPert

Rhonda - I hope your feeling better!

Missy - I hope your TSS is better The best cure for that is to sign up for another one! So we can count you in for the 12 days of Christmas swap..he he!

Ellie - I hope your nephew is feeling better. I broke my arm twice as a kid and it is not fun!!! (OK, it's never fun, but especially as a kid)

Paula - Good luck this week! You seem like a very well rounded person, so I know you will get through everything fine. Just take it one day at a time and don't be afraid to ask for help! Even far away we may be able to help in some way! And sorry about your sensitve skin, hopefully you can find some treatment that works for you!

Liz - Hope you are able to enjoy London while you are working.

Lisa - I hope you are feeling better and get to move up from jello and crackers.

:-D
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2008, 08:42 PM   #1232  
Stampin' Fool

Jen/Crissy: I want to do the secret elf swap!! I must be the lone Canadian!! Where did the rest of you go? I thought there was four or five of us from Convention. I definitely want to do SA swaps at Convention and a dinner!! I am already excited.

Paula: Loved looking at the pictures. Brings up fond memories of our family California travels.

Everyone that is ill: I hope you feel better!

Even if I don't get a chance to post as often as I'd like. You are all in my prayers and I am glad that I can read when others are struggling and I know I am not alone or my struggle really is quite small in comparision.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2008, 01:56 AM   #1233  
Matboard Maniac

Thumbs up We have a Stampers Showcase card from a SA sister!!

Congrats to Paula for having a card on Stampers Showcase today. It's cute, go and check it out!

I have to come back and check on everyone's news in a bit, but I just had to pop on and say Congrats! Have a great day!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2008, 03:06 AM   #1234  
Glitter Guru

Thanks Angie! I submitted a few at convention and have tried to watch for one to show up. That was my SCS dinner swap. Woo Hoo!

And thanks for all the nice comments on my blog.

Awake at 4:30 and itchy and it's too late to take more benedryl. But I can tell it is getting better already with the new steroid cream.

I'm taking A.J. to meet Spencer this morning. He had some issues yesterday with the whole thing. I think I've done too good a job warning him about being a good big brother and not enough talking about all the good. We'll focus on that this morning. Goal is for placement on Saturday.

Off to stamp. Have a great day ladies!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2008, 04:04 AM   #1235  
Stazon Splitcoast

Congrats Paula! I'll have to go look it up.

Lisa, glad the surgery went OK. Yes, you really do have to rest afterwards! LOL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2008, 04:05 AM   #1236  
Stazon Splitcoast

OK, so anyone wanting to play, make sure you PM myself or Crissy, just to keep things simpler. Then, you should post a mini wish list to the thread, so we have some ideas. Please feel free to ask for certain techniques, images or projects, as well as "stuff"!

I'll try and do mine later - have exercise playgroup coming today so I've got to make the house look presentable!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2008, 04:15 AM   #1237  
Stazon Splitcoast

12 Days of Christmas Secret Elf Swap

Deadline to Sign Up: October 31st

Names to You: November 2nd

Mailing Deadline: December 2nd (or so )

PM Jenguin or IndyCrissy to sing up!! Please include your SCS name, real name, address and an email addy.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2008, 05:04 AM   #1238  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenguinView Post
OK, so anyone wanting to play, make sure you PM myself or Crissy, just to keep things simpler. Then, you should post a mini wish list to the thread, so we have some ideas. Please feel free to ask for certain techniques, images or projects, as well as "stuff"!

I'll try and do mine later - have exercise playgroup coming today so I've got to make the house look presentable!
Re: the mini wish list...I was wondering if we should include that in our sign up PMs? My concern is if they are posted on this thread they may get missed or it may be hard to find later on if you misplace it. If they put it in their sign up PM we could just copy and paste all the information when we are handing out names? What do you think?:p
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2008, 05:47 AM   #1239  
Stazon Splitcoast

Sure!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2008, 06:04 AM   #1240  
Pearl-ExPert

Default Advice re: class

Good morning ladies! I need some demo advice! Sorry if this is long:

So I was all gung ho after convention and set up dates for classes for each month since convention (yay me). My next class is November 8th and although I don't have any official RSVPs I have had several people tell me they are interested in coming. I just found out that November 8th is a date for a craft event at my daughter's preschool that I attended last year and was looking forward to attending this year. (It is a fundraiser for a local charity and we spend the day making crafts and having fun. There is a silent auction and entertainmnet - this is something for me to do personall, no business involved, except last year I donated some handmade things and a catalog for the silent auction). Anyway, most of my class attendees are either really good friends or co-workers and very understanding. I would like to change my date to the following week. Here's the question...I have 3 people on my mailing list that do not have email and I always mail them a flyer. Two of these are people that I met at a friends workshop I did and have not attended any classes in my home, the 3rd is an old family friend that has only attended 1 class. How should I handle this? The people I know are going to be fine with it (i've already talked to 2 of the people that want to come and they are ok with either date). Should I just send out a new flyer saying that I had to change the date? I was going to send an email out to my email list and appologize and if anyone has a problem with the new date and wanted to come, I could work something out. I just don't want to upset anyone, but I really don't want to miss out on this fun day.

What do you think?

On the plus side my daycare provider asked me if I wanted to hold a class at her church! I thought this was great! She wants to do it before Christmas so I am going to come up with some ideas and work on that too!
Reply With Quote Likes