Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-15-2008, 06:34 PM   #1081  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampin8momView Post
I *heart* this thread, too!

But y'all have been too generous, and I am now in bed, having thrown up all last night. I tell ya, this virtual virus is contagious and yucky!

And to top it all off, my 13 year old DD, who has loved me and shown me great kindness as a teenager until this week, has decided that I am now the mother from you-know-where and is mad at me all the time! I can't do anything right.

She is my 6th teenage daughter. I'm tired. I'm too old to be a mother to teenagers anymore!

Thank goodness I am already in bed and have a good excuse to pull the covers over my head and hide!
Kathy
Oh, Kathy, I'm sorry you're sick! And I'm with you on the 13 yo daughters. LOLOL I'm only on number 3 of 4, but <sigh> I have been heard to say that same thing! I'm too old to do this again! {{Hugs}}
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2008, 06:52 PM   #1082  
Pearl-ExPert

Kathy, so sorry you are not feeling well! {hugs} Feel better soon and sharing of this type is not necessary, really.

I have been fortunate not to have contracted any of the crud going around here...now that I said that...

No progress on swaps today - had lunch with DH, ran errands, finished up other household chores and hopefully will get to make some progress tomorrow. Going to Women of Faith Friday evening and hope to finish all 4 of my swaps this weekend (lofty goal considering I have no design yet for 2 of them, but the other 2 will be able to go postal on Monday realistically).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2008, 08:02 PM   #1083  
Polyshrink Goddess

2nd interview went GREAT - It was actually quite nice to hear a director tell me what the top level leadership in our organization thinks about me and I thought I was the one that was supposed to talk! I have another one at 7:30am tomorrow and then the final one at 3:30. I'm getting done first out of the group that is interviewing so it will be nice to get focused back on the work but I'm more excited than ever about the job!

i'm going to finish my swaps and get them out this weekend. Sorry for the delay but they are cute. Just too much other stamp work but hubby has a bachelor party on Saturday so I get Saturday and probably Sunday to myself.

Someone mentioned sending Chrsitmas cards to one another - what a great idea. What is the best way to exchange addys?

I'll check in tomorrow! And Jen, I'm totally in on your PM to me - I'll send that card in my pack!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2008, 02:22 AM   #1084  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by mischief732View Post

Angie - can you point me in a good direction for a web site to find the pathophysiology of drugs? I need to do a power point on Aricept, concentrating on how it works. Thanks!
Missi-I would use the Aricept web site. Go to the professional side (you have to create a free account to see the pictures and detailed info). I hope the cool pharmacology pictures are still there. They had pictures of neurotransmitter activity in a person with Alzheimer's and then it showed how Aricept comes in to help "fix" the problem. I think this would be what you want to use in your presentation. Good luck with that!

Angie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2008, 03:59 AM   #1085  
Stazon Splitcoast

Kathy,

I highly recommend pulling the covers over your head!! I do it often!! It's very soothing and nice and warm and comfy under there.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2008, 03:59 AM   #1086  
Stazon Splitcoast

My poor son is on a field trip today...it's cold and rainy. Should be fun! LOL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2008, 04:00 AM   #1087  
Stazon Splitcoast

I dread the teenage years, I was truly a horrible person when I was 13.

I am loving the elementary years (probably why I'm an elementary teacher ). It's just fun. Not too much attitude, they say funny things and well, are so joyous about everything! (except vegetables!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2008, 04:12 AM   #1088  
Mad Swapper

Kathy, I hope you feel better! I am dreading the teenage years, but my daughter is only 3, so I have a while

Just a quick cute story - last night my sister called (she is in North Carolina) just as I was getting ready to put DD to bed. We talked for a little bit while I put DD's jammies on and then I sat on the floor with DD to read her a book, but my sister was still talking so DD just sat in my lap, before I knew it she was asleep! I love those moments! Every know and then I would say something to my sister and wake DD up and she would just kind of blink, smile and fall back asleep! Those are the things that make life good!

Now depressing me this morning is the fact that one of the blouses that was too big last year is now to tight! Unfortunatly (but good for me) is that I realized this after putting it on after my work out at the gym! So bad, I can't change it and have to wear it all day at work, good that I went to the gym!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Good luck Stacy on your last two interveiws!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2008, 04:33 AM   #1089  
Stazon Splitcoast

Crissy - well at least you went to the gym! I went for a walk/run yesterday - it was beautiful out here! I ran about 1.5 miles all told....it's amazing how painful my ankle still is! Guess I better get that x-ray! LOL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2008, 06:08 AM   #1090  
Crimping Master

Angie - Thank you! I'll check that out tonight.

Kathy - Sorry to hear you're not feeling well.

Jen - I hope your ankle feels better.

Stacy - It's so nice to hear good things from your supervisors! Congrats. Good luck on your last two interviews. I can't wait to hear the outcome.

Since I've shared my complaints about school with you, I thought I'd shared my success as well. I got an A in one of my classes! (it's a compressed course, a 15 week class in 7 weeks). I told my mom and she asked me if I was still expecting $5 for an A

I've also sold $95 in cards this week at work and have 5 people signed up for a mini class during lunch at work next week. I'm only charging $2.50 a card, but it's more for fun.

Enough from me - have a great day!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2008, 08:14 AM   #1091  
Mad Swapper

just chiming in to say hi!

I finally got my swaps this week for the Big shot swap and the Belinda Mini swap.. a few of my SA friends also were in there... I loved so many of them GREAT ideas. lovely stuff ladies.

Kathy- Sorry you are sick.. but maybe this will brighten your yucky day.. your card was my favorite from the swaps. I think it was the BS one.

And Paula- I loved yours as well. I can't remember them all, but those two stuck out in my mind.

ahh. I love this thread as well.

Trina- how long are you going to be in Houston?

have a great day all
Liz
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2008, 08:48 AM   #1092  
Stampin' Fool

I love this thread too! I love hearing everyone's achievements and struggles. Sometimes we just need a 'yes, I understand' without any solving of any situation.

Kathy: Feel Better...can't say I have experienced the 'teenage' thing although I do have a DD (14), people keep telling me to just wait but so far so good! She is an absolute doll. But then again there were four girls in my family, very close in age and 2 gave trouble and 2 didn't. I didn't, so hears hoping.

Jen: Totally understand the whole ankle thing. I fell and bashed my leg pretty bad. I have a pretty high tolerance for pain and keep using it. With four very active kids (in many activities) and being a basketball coach, kind of hard to stay off of it. It's been two weeks and it is still really badly bruised (and ugly) and there is a hard lump where there shouldn't be. I should have had it x-rayed but I'm thinking what are they going to do now.

Stacy: Best wishes on your future interviews. It's great when you can be excited about your work!!

Crissy: Don't get me started about the clothes thing. You have to love those moments with your kids. That's what it's all about, right!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2008, 08:59 AM   #1093  
Stazon Splitcoast

I have a funny gym story today!!

So, I go up to go for my swim and I am getting dressed after showering and I have no bra or underwear!! They were sitting, at home, on the dining room table! And wouldn't you know it, I was wearing a white shirt!! AND it was pouring out when I left!!! LOL!! I don't think anyone noticed, but it sure is funny!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2008, 09:14 AM   #1094  
Stazon Splitcoast

Sharon,

Your swaps have arrived safely! They are awesome!! You guys will die when you see them! Why don't my cards look that good?!! LOL!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2008, 10:28 AM   #1095  
Mad Swapper

I'm back among the living today. My DD apologized to me and we had a little chat about being the MOM, and all is well (at least until the next time that I tick her off!).

I was very surprised last night when my 15 year old DD, who doesn't talk to me very much right now, came in after my episode with the 13 year old. She was very tender and asked if she could get me anything. She gave me some advice for the 13 year old and then she told me she had missed me while I was in MO last week and, in an off-the-cuff kind of way, told me she loved me! You could have blown me over! Small miracles.

Stacy, I hope your interviews are going well today.

Crissy, you were at the gym! You go girl!

Missi, $95.00!!!!! Wow, wish I could build that kind of customer base!

Jen, great story - I know that if I forgot my bra, it would NOT be un-noticable, LOL!

Liz, Amy and Paula, I got my BS cards back and yours were all fabulous! (Thanks, Liz, for liking mine! I feel like I'm a little kid again sometimes when I send in swaps - "please like mine, please, please!!!!")

It is so fun to do swaps with people I KNOW!

And I think I finally have an idea for the SA swap - so I've got to get those done and in the mail ASAP.

Well, until later,
Kathy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2008, 11:41 AM   #1096  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenguinView Post
I have a funny gym story today!!

So, I go up to go for my swim and I am getting dressed after showering and I have no bra or underwear!! They were sitting, at home, on the dining room table! And wouldn't you know it, I was wearing a white shirt!! AND it was pouring out when I left!!! LOL!! I don't think anyone noticed, but it sure is funny!
That is funny! I am always afraid I will forget something, I live about 30-45 minutes away from the office and the gym is in our building. I have forgotten my bra and had to wear my sweaty sports bra (not the end of the world, but not ideal either!) I have forgotten knee highs and had to go without, now I usually have xtra in my gym bag. I would keep a spare in the locker, but I am only here two days a week and I just don't want to take up a locker for that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2008, 03:30 PM   #1097  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi everyone. Long day.

I wanted to tell my SA sisters that their swaps are the BEST! Swappers Anonymous rocked the Sizzix Swap! And I definitely learned my lesson about other swaps. <roll eyes>

Hope everyone is doing well. I've had a second round of something--feels like bronchitis, but I'm treating it with my inhaler. I'm sure I will feel better when I have more oxygen.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2008, 03:38 PM   #1098  
Polyshrink Goddess

Thanks everyone for the positive thoughts. I came out of the first interview to find that 3 of the members of our team were laid off today. Our team is only at 8 so that's a big hit. Still having a hard time processing it now that I'm home but hopefully I'll get my spirits back. Hard to go from such a high as I had leaving my interview and then hit rock bottom moments later. Needless to say, my last interview got moved until next week. I don't think they thought any of us had the heart for it today - that was nice. Or they didn't want to face us - not sure if my glass is half full or empty at the moment but my heart hurts.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2008, 03:50 PM   #1099  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by smccainView Post
Thanks everyone for the positive thoughts. I came out of the first interview to find that 3 of the members of our team were laid off today. Our team is only at 8 so that's a big hit. Still having a hard time processing it now that I'm home but hopefully I'll get my spirits back. Hard to go from such a high as I had leaving my interview and then hit rock bottom moments later. Needless to say, my last interview got moved until next week. I don't think they thought any of us had the heart for it today - that was nice. Or they didn't want to face us - not sure if my glass is half full or empty at the moment but my heart hurts.
I am so sorry to hear this. I'm glad your last interview was postponed, I'm sure that was best for everyone involved.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2008, 03:55 PM   #1100  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by smccainView Post
Aw, Stacy, that's too bad! But you know Micron--they'll hire everybody back in 6 months. <roll eyes> Good luck in your interview!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2008, 04:02 PM   #1101  
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh dear...I hate hearing about all these layoffs! This economy is terrible and people are really hurting. It's so sad....I hope your job is safe and the interviews comtinue to go well.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2008, 04:05 PM   #1102  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndyCrissyView Post
That is funny! I am always afraid I will forget something, I live about 30-45 minutes away from the office and the gym is in our building. I have forgotten my bra and had to wear my sweaty sports bra (not the end of the world, but not ideal either!) I have forgotten knee highs and had to go without, now I usually have xtra in my gym bag. I would keep a spare in the locker, but I am only here two days a week and I just don't want to take up a locker for that.
BTW, I thought I'd share that I also have the problem of things fitting and then not fitting. It usually hits me in spring - I'm active, so I lose weight during the summer and then gain it back during the winter...it really sucks! The worst part about swimming is remembering things - I usually wear my suit to the pool to save time changing. Then I have to remember the underwear, a towel (that's what I usually forget), all my swim stuff - cap, goggles and a hairbrush - if I take it out of my bag to clean it, I'm in trouble, since it never gets back in!! I'm thinking of buying a cheap bra and panties to keep in my bag now!! LOL!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2008, 04:17 PM   #1103  
Stazon Splitcoast

Kathy, your kids sound just precious, and I can tell you are a great mom! I think we all have to go through those hormone terrible years and then it works itself out eventually. Gosh, when I think about all I did back then, I'm lucky I made it this far!

Amy, I hope you feel better and the inhaler works. They gave me an inhaler when I've had bronchitis the past 2 years, but I don't think it works well. They also think I have exercise asthma. I'm sure all the swimming all winter doesn't help either, between all the water I manage to inhale/swallow/get in my ears and all the chemicals! I

I too am slowly learning my lesson about swaps. I don't mind if cards are simple - mine are! But, I've gotten some real doozies lately - all SU swaps with lots of non-SU stuff - and no embelishments!! What's up with that?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2008, 05:24 PM   #1104  
Hardware Hotshot

Hello All!

I have been trying to keep up with all the chatter here so that I am not completely behind when I get back to reality next week. We are still in sunny San Diego and spent today at the Zoo and yesterday at Sea World. Tomorrow we are going on a Harbor Cruise and to do some misc. stuff.

Thanks to those who commented on my BS swap. I hope you got that the front pocket is to hold a gift card (or a small note). I will post pictures of it to my gallery here soon.

Kathy and Amy- get well soon. I don't want it again!

Stacy- Glad to here your interviews went well and sorry about the layoffs. I feel blessed that my DH is a federal agent and as long as people keep breaking the law, he will have a job. (How's that for job security?)

Crissy- Those are the moments to treasure. Most of my clothes that used to be too big barely fit me too. Maybe keeping up with two active boys will help me shed those pounds.

Missi- Congrats on the A and the business successes! You rock!

Jen- You make me laugh. I forget things all the time so nothing surprises me. I know this is a couple days behind, but I also wanted to comment on dealing with the downs. I have found that until I take the time to really feel the bad stuff, I can't move on with my life. I've been the one hiding behind the smile before and been afraid to start crying because I was afraid I would never stop. Once I took the time to be honest with my feelings with myself and those close to me, I was able to move beyond them and find some measure of happiness in my life again. Don't know if that helps or not, but I thought I would share.

Liz- Have a great time in London.

I am sure there are other things I should comment on, but its time for dinner! I'll check in again soon!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2008, 06:26 PM   #1105  
Mad Swapper

I just popped on here for a minute to catch up on the day - and guess what the ad at the bottom of the page was for???? Women's Bras!!!!!! Hysterical! Don't know if that's the one that shows up for y'all, but 'someone' is watching.
Kathy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2008, 07:03 AM   #1106  
Mad Swapper

Did I do something with the 'bra' post???? No one has posted since. Sorry if I offended anybody.

Late yesterday afternoon I talked to my DD that just had her baby. Long story that I won't go in to, but she has cataracts because of a rare eye condition when she was younger. She was scheduled for cataract surgery next week. (She's legally blind right now because of the cataracts). And because of insurance reasons, they are trying to get the cataracts taken care of ASAP.

Well, over the weekend her retina started to detach. That makes for more blindness in her 'good' eye. The doc feels like they caught this in time and moved her surgery up to Wed. I was already planning to go back up and stay with her, I just have to leave a couple days earlier and stay longer.

I'm trying not to freak out - my DD is calm and the doc is calm. It's just that it's her EYES that are involved here.

Stacy, sorry to hear about the layoffs. We've been thru it 4 times in my DH's career, and my heart hurts for anyone who has to go thru the experience!

Paula, it's so good to hear from you. I hope your family is having a blast and really enjoying your vacation.

Amy, are you feeling better today? Did the inhaler work?

Happy Friday!
Kathy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2008, 07:12 AM   #1107  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampin8momView Post
Did I do something with the 'bra' post???? No one has posted since. Sorry if I offended anybody.

Happy Friday!
Kathy
LOL first off happy Friday! AND NO I was giggling when I read that.. I have been busy w/inky fingers trying to finish our swap here I just need to add the ribbon to all 18 (finished my full card first) and then I will be down to 7 swaps! GO ME GO ME! lol then I have to get my Big Shot out and start cutting away for the Reg.! I CCAANNNNN DDOOOO IT!

Happy Inky Fingers Friday to all!

-Ellie

My Little Rambling World
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2008, 07:29 AM   #1108  
Stazon Splitcoast

LOL Kathy. Yup, you know us. We're all so easily offended. Bwahahahaha!

I'm so sorry about your daughter--I would be freaking out, too! It's good that she and the doctor are so calm. That's a really good sign, right?

I'm much better today. I think I just need to take it easy today, and I'll be all better. My ribs don't hurt nearly as much today!

I have to get our local SCS swap moving. And I'll get to see Stacy there, so *that's* very exciting!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2008, 07:33 AM   #1109  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scrapbookmama_14View Post
then I will be down to 7 swaps! GO ME GO ME! lol then I have to get my Big Shot out and start cutting away for the Reg.! I CCAANNNNN DDOOOO IT!
Ellie, shades of convention! How are you doing it all???? Good for you! and happy cutting.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2008, 07:38 AM   #1110  
Mad Swapper

Hi Amy!
Glad you're feeling better. The SCS swap sounds FUN!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2008, 08:01 AM   #1111  
Stazon Splitcoast

I can't even remember how many years we've been doing our swap. LOL It's almost 3, I think. We used to have 3 a year, but we're down to 2 now. Just too much work! Somewhere a couple years ago, I ended up in charge.

Lots of helpers this time, though. And lots of great companies sending doorprizes. That has been exciting!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2008, 08:43 AM   #1112  
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm not offended!! Internet was down this a.m. for a bit and little guy and I made a Trader Joe's run. I have to drive down to Massachusetts for one - it's about 20 - 25 min. away. I wish they were closer. I love their frozen convenience foods - healthier and cheaper too! I picked up some all natural crab cakes (I love these over a salad for dinner), some potstickers, some Thai noodles, and lots of other goodies.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2008, 08:52 AM   #1113  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenguinView Post
I'm not offended!! Internet was down this a.m. for a bit and little guy and I made a Trader Joe's run. I have to drive down to Massachusetts for one - it's about 20 - 25 min. away. I wish they were closer. I love their frozen convenience foods - healthier and cheaper too! I picked up some all natural crab cakes (I love these over a salad for dinner), some potstickers, some Thai noodles, and lots of other goodies.
your making me hungry.. hmm Trader Joe you say.. hmmm I see one everytime I go to M's but have NEVER stopped in.. and you said its cheaper really?? hmmm I can't eat the crab cakes cause I'm allergic to seafood but everything else sounds soo yummy.. or is it cause I'm hungry?? lol

-Ellie

My Little Rambling World
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2008, 08:53 AM   #1114  
Crimping Master

Amy - I hope you're feeling better! I think a trip up north for one of your SWISS events might be just what I need. Maybe if you have one next summer, when I'm not in school!

Kathy - I'm sure all will go well with your daughter. Concentrate on the positive - more time with your new grandbaby!

Stacy - layoffs are awful, so demoralizing. I remember when my DH was waiting for "the ax to drop". I don't think I slept well for a month. Hopefully things will look a little brighter next week.

Ellie - you Rock! I haven't even started on my SA swaps (it's going to be a long night!)

Paula - I'm glad to hear from you. It sounds like you're having fun!

Jen- I thought about your impromtu "wet T-shirt" contest when I was out for my walk last night, and I thought, "another good reason not to join a gym". You might go before work and forget your underwear ,I'm always looking for plausible excuses for my laziness

Has anyone heard from Rhonda? I've been wondering how her parents are.
Missi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2008, 08:56 AM   #1115  
Mad Swapper

Kathy - I was very offended by your bra remark! Oh wait, I talked about bras too, never mind I hope all goes well with your daughter's surgery. I don't blame you for being freaked out! But eye surgery is so much more comon now adays!

Jen - I LOVE Trader Joe's! The closest one we have is about 30 minutes away. I was just thinking yesterday that we hadn't been there in so long!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2008, 10:05 AM   #1116  
Mad Swapper

I was intrigued and googled Trader Joe's. No Trader Joe's in OK. Too bad! I love seafood and crab cakes sound really good today.

Guess I'll just have to be content with PB&J today.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2008, 10:53 AM   #1117  
Stazon Splitcoast

Kathy - how is your daughter doing today? Any new news? I will be sending some prayers her way!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2008, 10:59 AM   #1118  
Stazon Splitcoast

For all natural/organic, Trader Joes is definitely cheaper.

Like for instance, I bought a loaf of "soft" whole wheat bread - no high fructose corn syrup/fillers, etc. for $2.49. At the grocery store a comparable bread - maybe Pep. Farm is at least $3.49, probably more. I bought a box of spanikotipida (sp?) - the spinach puff patry triangles for $3.49 - grocery store is at least $4.99 - same size box. The canned pasta sauce I bought - organic vodka sauce was $2.99 - maybe a touch more expensive than say Classico on sale, but probably the same reg. price, plus it's organic. The organic instant oatmeal was more expensive than store brand, but I'm trying to be better about my breakfast choices.

I do like the idea of convenience foods - I'm not going to make my own crab cakes for instance! - but I hate the idea of all the other stuff they put in them - so I'm trying some new things. My kids are happy with fishsticks, so to splurge a bit on crabcakes isn't too much of an issue - though they were cheap too - I want to say $3.49 for 2?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2008, 11:00 AM   #1119  
Stazon Splitcoast

and they also sell fish sticks for kids. Didn't buy them this time - have a huge box full, but I will next time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2008, 11:01 AM   #1120  
Stazon Splitcoast

I also picked up some pumpkin spice whoopie pies that look heavenly. Little guy begged, and I gave in! LOL!! There are 6 in the package - that's 2 each!!
Reply With Quote Likes