Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-12-2008, 08:52 PM   #1001  
Mad Swapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Crissy, I'm so sad to hear about your great Aunt. Even when it is a blessing, death still brings sadness.

If there is anyone still awake out there in SA Land, I need opinions. I got my stationary box done, but I stuck this big T.Tangerine flower on the front and I'm not sure I like it. I'm attaching 2 pics - one with the flower and one without. Please tell me which one you like best. Doesn't matter either way - I'm not going to get my feelings hurt, LOL!
Attached Thumbnails
Swappers Anonymous-stationary-box-003.jpg   Swappers Anonymous-stationary-box-009.jpg  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-12-2008, 08:56 PM   #1002  
Mad Swapper

Here are the innards of the box. I have to say, I'm pleased with the way all this paper and ink came together.
Attached Thumbnails
Swappers Anonymous-stationary-box-002.jpg   Swappers Anonymous-stationary-box-005.jpg   Swappers Anonymous-stationary-box-007.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-12-2008, 08:57 PM   #1003  
Stazon Splitcoast

Oooh, I love the big orange flower! LOL I think it really makes the box pop!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-12-2008, 08:58 PM   #1004  
Stazon Splitcoast

It all looks fabulous! I wanna come to your class!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-12-2008, 09:06 PM   #1005  
Crimping Master

Crissy - I'm so sorry for your loss.

Kathy - I love the big orange flower! I adds some pizzaz to the box. It's all adorable. Too bad Oklahoma is so far away!

Missi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-12-2008, 09:08 PM   #1006  
Mad Swapper

Thanks, Amy! I hope my ladies like it. I think we're going to have a good time.
Kathy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-12-2008, 09:54 PM   #1007  
Mad Swapper

Thanks for your input, too, Missi. We must have been stamping at the same time!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2008, 06:27 AM   #1008  
Pearl-ExPert

Crissy - so very sorry to hear about your Aunt. {hugs}

Kathy - fabulous box! Leave the flower it totally makes the box! Now I am really imtimidated to try this project...you have made it look so beautiful!

Raining here today...from the Northern Utah snow system. It will snow here soon enough. It is still 60 even though it sure doesn't feel like it.

Argh! So I went through the cupboards yesterday before going to the grocery to be sure I had all the ingredients for the pumpkin bars...found a can of pumpkin with a use by date of April 2005! (bought a new can). This morning I am ready to make bars for tonight...I have 3 eggs, I need 4!!! DH took the car today, the pickup is in the pole shed...and its raining...so I have to walk across the wet yard in the rain to get into the truck to go to the store for one stinkin' egg! Think I will just go stamp this morning instead...I have time after work (don't go in until noon) to make the bars.

Made good progres on my SA swap yesterday...now I am stuck with the next element...not sure I am happy with how it is looking...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2008, 06:43 AM   #1009  
Stazon Splitcoast

Crissy--so sorry about your Aunt. I agree with Kathy, even when a death is a kind of blessing, there is still grief.

Lisa--probably a good idea to throw out that old pumpkin! LOL You're so fun!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2008, 07:07 AM   #1010  
Stazon Splitcoast

Chrissy,

Sorry to hear about your great aunt. Don't worry about not getting to see her - she knows you were coming - those things happen.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2008, 07:09 AM   #1011  
Stazon Splitcoast

I got hardly anything done this weekend. I got of had a breakdown weekend. I missed the boys terribly - though I enjoyed the sleep - and just kind of wandered around and slept a lot. I really hate being depressed. I feel a bit better today - they'll be home at 5 and I am cleaning up a storm, as I'm hosting book club tomorrow, which reminds me I need to finish the book tonight!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2008, 07:23 AM   #1012  
Mad Swapper

Kathy - I'm another vote for leaving the flower. But I do like the box either way. I'm with Amy, I wanna come to your class!

Lisa - Don't you hate when that happens? I'm the type of person that would end up making it with the three eggs to see if it would work and then have to go to the store anyway to buy all the ingredients again and make it again

Jen - I'm sorry you had a blah weekend, but I'm glad your feeling better today. I just want you to know that I think you are an amazing woman, just by reading your posts on this thread and see all you do for your children, other people and yourself. You are truly an inspiration to me!

Not to leave anyone out, I do think our little group here is full of amazing woman! I think you all bring something special to the table and I'm glad our "problem" brought us all togehter

Thanks ladies!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2008, 07:35 AM   #1013  
Pearl-ExPert

Jen {hugs} not to be cliche, but it will take some time and you will adjust to it. Hope you have a great book club tomorrow. BTW, what are you reading?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2008, 07:42 AM   #1014  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey Jen! Sorry you're struggling. I thought I was sinking into a terrible depression last week (mainly Thursday night). I just felt like I was a horrible person, and that the only placed I fit in was online. How sad is that! LOL Then the next morning, I thought, "That's not like me. I wonder what's up?" Turns out I had an asymptomatic migraine. LOL No headache, so I didn't realize. But the visual disturbances were there, as well as some other stuff. Once I treated the migraine, the world was only as bad as it really is, not as bad as I can make it.

Anyway, after that long story <grin>, my point is--maybe you were sick, or a bit exhausted? Or maybe you get migraines, too? {{Hugs}} Hope you're doing better!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2008, 12:41 PM   #1015  
Hardware Hotshot

Just popping in to say *HI* from Disneyland. We are having a great time even though I feel like someone is missing. Glad I missed the snow back in Utah. It's windy here, but warm. And crowded. I won't plan a weekend trip again, even if it's "off season".

Crissy- Sorry about your aunt. It's always hard when we lose someone we love because we miss them so much. (((hugs)))

Kathy- Love the box. Let you customers decide if they want the flower or not. I'm guessing most will want it though.

Jen- Our lives take all kinds of twists and turns. I hope your takes a turn for the better soon. You're amazing. Try not to forget that.

I am sure I missed commenting on someone's post. Nothing personal. My love to all!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2008, 12:53 PM   #1016  
Kookie Creator

Default Missing all the news

For some reason I'm not receiving the notifications when a new post is made and I thought it was so quiet - especially for this group! Just checked and sure enough - I miss it all!

Paula - I'm so happy for you! My DS is three right now and it's such a great age! They just take it all in!

Kathy - your grandson is adorable and your box is amazing

Missi - thanks for the "shout out" - I want to see your cauldron!

Jen - hope your week is getting better!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2008, 12:53 PM   #1017  
Kookie Creator

Oh - and need to get busy on my SA swaps - got a great idea in mind!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2008, 12:55 PM   #1018  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks guys, I knew I could share with you and you'd understand. The psychic I saw was almost like a therapist - she said that she could tell I am going through tremendous pain, but I don't tell anyone, I keep it bottled inside and everyone thinks I'm doing fine, but I have to tell people that I'm not-that they will all understand. She said I have to lean on my friends more and not pretend to be Ms. Happy. She also somehow knew that I never broke down and spent days in bed, like most people. I think I kind of took care of that this weekend!

I've been working on decluttering a bit today - I think that will make me feel free too - it's a long process - where does all this junk come from? Can we say kids!! LOL!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2008, 12:56 PM   #1019  
Stazon Splitcoast

Yes, Kathy, I too like the box with the flower and I want to come to your class too!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2008, 12:57 PM   #1020  
Stazon Splitcoast

I tend to hold onto things, so it's so hard to get rid of the stuff the kids bring home, but I did. I had to keep the picture my son drew of me and him that says you're the best and I have boobs!!! It's on my fridge
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2008, 03:06 PM   #1021  
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh, that's precious! LOL One way I can get rid of many of those precious drawings is to take pics of them! Then they are safely tucked away on a cd!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2008, 07:12 PM   #1022  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by amysingsView Post
Oh, that's precious! LOL One way I can get rid of many of those precious drawings is to take pics of them! Then they are safely tucked away on a cd!
What a good idea Amy!

I am so behind on the posts here.. but I wanted to pop in and say hi!

Chrissy- sorry about your aunt.. I'm thinking of you!

Jen- when my sister first started her one week on/ one week off with her kids, she was a wreck. she didn't know what to do with her time. She figured it out with time.. she found herself again. you will too. She began to enjoy going to the library with no one to stop her from wandering the aisles.. bubble baths with no interruptions. Take the time without your kids as time to energize your spirit and then you are with them.. you can focus on them and still be you! does that make sense?

Anyway the decluttering is a HUGE. Use Amy's suggestion. pictures take up way less space. OR buy page protectors and store the favorites in binders for each of your little guys. I recently went through a recent decluttering and it is so freeing! Feel free to vent/ post here when you are feeling in the dumps.. that is what this forum is for.. to build each other up when the rest of the world is bringing you down!

Kathy- leave the flower.. it totally makes it. love the color combo

Hi Paula! hope you are enjoying your Disney break. Can you believe I am 34 and I have NEVER been? I have been to florida at leas 4 times and California.. I have no idea how many times and I haven't been to Disney. It's almost a crime really!

As for me! well my new job is great. It really has been good so far. It appears that I am going to be travelling alot in the next few months. I found out today that I will be in London next week! It's ok.. just a surprise.. on top of my week that I already have planned for November. So not a lot of stamp time in my future...

luckily, I have my SA swap almost finished.. ok, half way finished. and I have two of the five cards for my November 15 stamp-a-stack planned already. I just have to plan the last two and get the paper cut and get the giveaways ready.. ok I still have a lot to do.. NO panicking allowed!

This weekend I am going to an all day crop/stamp at one of my customer's house. She does it every fall for all her friends in her garage. Maybe i'll get a few sales. I doubt it since most of them are pretty loyal to CM.. but we'll see. AND today I signed up for a scrap weekend at the end of November.. it was so much fun back in March. I am totally looking forward to that.

so that's about it from here. sorry for the long post! i'll check back in again soon
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2008, 07:15 PM   #1023  
Mad Swapper

couple more things..

I just went back a few pages.. Ellie joined us over in SA.. yippee! welcome Ellie!

Oh and here's my BIG news.. how could I forget to tell you all! my SA sistas!

I got my first recruit this past weekend. I have been doing this for three years and I finally got my first fish! woo hoo! she was one of my first customers. I can't believe it took me this long to get her over to the good side! AND with my recruit, I became a Supervisor! so yippee for me!!

gnight all! Liz
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2008, 07:31 PM   #1024  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrapshappenView Post
We're back and the meeting went *very* well. Spencer is just adorable and has a great spirit about him. He warmed up to us quickly (even though my clothes weren't made of candy). So we are moving forward.

We didn't take A.J. with us because we didn't want him to get too attached if it wasn't going to go well. But he is so excited about having a brother to play with. He told his best friend this evening that he wasn't going to be able to play as much because he will be playing with his new brother.

They will proceed with legal stuff while we are gone and when we get back, we will start the transition. There will be lots of caseworkers and therapists and such involved a long the way, but I feel very peaceful about the whole situation. I know it is not going to be easy. But whatever he's been through, none of that is his fault and I hope we can help him leave it behind and move forward.

Thank you all for being my wonderful supportive SA sisters. You are all the best!

Paula- I had to go back and find out about your news. This is so wonderful. Best wishes to you and your family. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts so you have an easy transition for your growing family. Congrats. This was the BEST thing I have read today!

on that happy note.. i go to bed!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2008, 10:23 PM   #1025  
Crimping Master

Liz - I'm glad your new job is going well. All that traveling sounds fun, it not hectic!

Paula - We got 10 inches of snow at our house! Be glad you weren't here!

Jen- When I read your posts and think about all the things you do and how much you have been through, I can't help thinking what an amazing woman you are. I think your psychic/therapist is right, let your friends know when you need them. People want to help and feel needed, they just sometimes don't know what to do. Give your friends the opportunity to help you. It will be good for you and for them! And who says an occasional weekend in bed isn't just what you need!
Missi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2008, 03:15 AM   #1026  
Stazon Splitcoast

I received a PM that one person needs to drop from the swap. I will PM Ellie and see if she wants to take the spot, otherwise we are one less.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2008, 04:06 AM   #1027  
Stazon Splitcoast

Looks like Ellie is going to take the spot!! She definitely needs us now!! LOL!!

Thanks, Ellie, can't wait to see your cards!

Jen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2008, 04:34 AM   #1028  
Pearl-ExPert

Happy to hop aboard.. so what if I'm in 9 swaps right! HA!!!... ok so its really 8 1/2 cause I will be done w/one of them today! lol...

"Its beginning to look like Christmas...." lol

-Ellie

My Little Rambling World
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2008, 05:23 AM   #1029  
Mad Swapper

I finished up my swaps last night! Yay!

They will go in the mail tomorrow =-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2008, 07:26 AM   #1030  
Crimping Master

9 swaps! Ellie, you're making my head spin!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2008, 07:28 AM   #1031  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by mischief732View Post
9 swaps! Ellie, you're making my head spin!!
No,no 8 1/2... LOLLOL!!! .. almost 8 if Can just put the pieces together! lol... BUT I LOVE IT paper and adhesive are my friends! lol..

-Ellie

My Little Rambling World
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2008, 08:46 AM   #1032  
Stampin' Fool

Okay, for some reason I stopped getting the updates to my email and thought it was pretty quiet, as there are always some posts. Just checked in and boy have I missed a lot.

I've mailed my SA swaps October 6th and they said it would take 5 to 10 business days. So hopefully they arrive this week Jen!

Been very busy around my house!

Have a great day gals!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2008, 09:04 AM   #1033  
Stazon Splitcoast

So, I'm not clear on this. Does this make Ellie our president or our mascot???? LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2008, 09:31 AM   #1034  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Oklahoma...State (OSU) We love 'em even when they lose, and we're never disappointed!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scrapbookmama_14View Post
No,no 8 1/2... LOLLOL!!! .. almost 8 if Can just put the pieces together! lol... BUT I LOVE IT paper and adhesive are my friends! lol..

-Ellie
Welcome! Still finishing up my pocketober swaps then the SAs are next
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2008, 09:43 AM   #1035  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

So, I'm not clear on this. Does this make Ellie our president or our mascot???? LOL
Ellie for president!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2008, 09:53 AM   #1036  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Oklahoma...State (OSU) We love 'em even when they lose, and we're never disappointed!

Quote:

LOL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2008, 10:41 AM   #1037  
Stazon Splitcoast

Erin,

They have already arrived!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2008, 11:23 AM   #1038  
Stazon Splitcoast

Having a good day today!

Book club tonight: "Born on a Blue Day: Inside the Extraordinary Mind of an Autistic Savant" Good book - just skip the math examples . I picked it so I can understand my little guy a little better, since I know that his brain doesn't work like mine or most others. This was written by a pretty famous savant who also has enough language to communicate with others (and write his own book). I saw him on the Today show - maybe 2 years ago.

Then this happened:
When my kids get home from school I ALWAYS shove them outside or let them watch tv as some downtime before homework, etc. starts. Well, my children are sitting on the sofa........reading. J comes home and says I have to read today. So, he runs upstairs and gets 4 books and plops down on the couch. I am not helping him - he's better when I don't! I think he gets nervous. So, D has to go get books too! So, he is reading Are You My Mother (J is reading Curious George). Turns out they have to keep track of their reading minutes now - for the Book It and also as homework. His goal for this month is 65 minutes - well, he's already at 20 for today! This has made my day! He was so excited to read and so was his brother.

They just finished and are outside playing with chalk in the driveway as I set up for book club. Amazing - the little gifts God gives to us!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2008, 11:36 AM   #1039  
Stazon Splitcoast

Amy-

Your swaps have arrived! They are beautiful ladies!! OMG! Such quality work! So elegant! My mom is going to flip when she sees this card.

From what I've seen so far, you all are NOT going to be disappointed with this swap!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2008, 11:36 AM   #1040  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thank you too for the card donations. They will be put to good use!!
Reply With Quote Likes