Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-18-2008, 07:50 PM   #521  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Sharon - hope your allergies are better soon. DH has some mild allergies and I know what a bear those minor things can make him feel.

I must be insane! I did manage to get my class prepped, and feel like it is so elementary...anyway...just got an email from one of the Ministry team from Zimbabwe (we served with him on a mission trip April 2007 there), he is in the US and will be here in Minneapolis on Sunday/Monday. Good grief, I just invited him to church with us on Sunday and I am not even planning on going because I am supposed to be at BFF at 9am to go to the RenFest. Sheesh, now what did I go and do!!! Hoping he already made plans...how terrible for me to say that! DH and I will still find a way to meet with him, but Monday would be better...we have bible study at our house Monday night and both work...we can squeeze in dinner right?! OiY! Reaching the point of cerifiable soon...
Off to bed now. Nite Nite. I did not have any wine...maybe I should...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2008, 08:01 PM   #522  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Oklahoma...State (OSU) We love 'em even when they lose, and we're never disappointed!

Sharon, everyone says this week flew by, but it has been dragging for me! I got through my scrapbook in an evening class tonight...thank goodness. I think they had a good time and were able to see how wonderfully easy the SS kits are. Feel better soon with allergies!

Train=me Lisa....

Lisa, I think you are over-doing it! You need some relax time! Hugs! (gentle so as not to hurt your shoulder!)
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2008, 02:20 AM   #523  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrapshappenView Post
Angie - I always smile when I see you pop in here. Miss my convention buddies! I hope you and Amy will let me hang out again, even if I don't walk with ya in the mornings.
((HUGS)) Paula! I miss you too! Convention wouldn't be the same if we didn't sit with you. I have been thinking of you often, especially that 1st day of school, it was hard for me with only one child! And, I hope your headaches are better! Too bad I'm not better about staying in touch...you'd think I could at least send a card or something!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2008, 04:23 AM   #524  
Stazon Splitcoast

Just a quick update...if you sent me a PM you are in on the swap.

Monday is the deadline to sign up and on Tues I will PM everyone with the number, address, everyone's stamp set choice, etc.

We have a nice selection of sets!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2008, 04:58 AM   #525  
Pearl-ExPert

Woohooo swaps will be a welcom respite after getting all these tomatoes canned.

Did not sleep very well, but not really any worse than the past two weeks either, so off I go to another day. At least I know work will be a breeze. Then off to Wally world to get some more jars and some other grocery stuff (hope they have - not a super wal), then to Pop's for the maters and off I go home to slave at the stove.

Happy Friday everyone. I will pop back this evening, maybe with a photo of my progress.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2008, 05:38 AM   #526  
Mad Swapper

Sharon, I hope your allergist can give you some relief. Sounds like you are really suffering!

Lisa, can you cram anything more into your schedule????? I wish I were closer and as much as I HATE canning, I would be there to help with the tomatoes. (I can feel the juice running off my elbows already!) Will life settle down after the weekend so you can rest?????

Liz, how many more days until you're done at your job? I know you have to be excited. (p.s. I was going thru pics on your blog and saw your great stamping area. I am SO jealous!)

Rhonda - it's Friday. That means you survived. Hope your weekend is better than your week.

Jen - how's the homework? Hope you felt all our hugs during the past few days. Tough to go thru all of that. I hope it turns around soon for you. You are one tough cookie. I admire you for al you are doing.

Amy - I hope your cards come today. You're right - no fair that you get to be the last to see them! And I've never said, but I love the new avatar.

Paula - enjoy your company this weekend. My parents are coming next week. My weekend will be spent putting all my stamping stuff away so we can actually have a table to eat at while they are here.

Here's a big hello to all the rest of you. I hope we all have a great weekend. I actually get to go on a date with my DH tonight! Woo-hoo!

Kathy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2008, 06:14 AM   #527  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey Kathy,
I wanted to say how much I loved your swap too! It is so gorgeous! So detailed and coordinated. I absolutely love it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2008, 06:17 AM   #528  
Stazon Splitcoast

I wish I knew how to can! It sounds like a lot of work, but the rewards must be plentiful!

Today I am making zucchini bread. I begged people for their big zucchinis and they have responded! My kids love it, so it's a great way to get some veggies in their diet. I'll make some muffins too and it freezes beautifully.

Lisa, I hope your arm is feeling better! Rest up!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2008, 06:18 AM   #529  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thank you for all your well wishes. We got the homework done last night without any tears, though we did skip reading and word/spelling practice. Not enough time in the day. And it was so gorgeous I made him play outside with his brother for a bit - not too many days left of this gorgeous weather, I'm sure.
STBX is mad at me, since I was mad at him, which is how it always used to go, but now it doesn't affect me as much. OK, so what?! Be mad at me....whatever. It's all his fault anyway!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2008, 06:26 AM   #530  
Crimping Master

Hi Everyone!
It sounds like you are are busy, recovering from life's stresses, etc. When I read Jen's comments on your swaps, I'm so jealous I can't see them!
School has been busy this week along with work. I spent 2 hours yesterday picking apples, plums and pears off the ground to throw away. I feel guilty throwing away all that fruit, but there's only so much we can eat, and canning just isn't going to happen this year!
Have a great day!
Missi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2008, 06:31 AM   #531  
Mad Swapper

Hi Missi,
School + work = be glad you have time to EAT fruit! I can't even imagine. Just do what you can do and let the rest of it go. (Easy for me to say, much harder to do!)

Kathy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2008, 07:09 AM   #532  
Chattin' & Sippin' in SPAM-Land

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenguinView Post
STBX is mad at me, since I was mad at him, which is how it always used to go, but now it doesn't affect me as much. OK, so what?! Be mad at me....whatever. It's all his fault anyway!
This just made me laugh.....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2008, 07:14 AM   #533  
Chattin' & Sippin' in SPAM-Land

OK! I'm finally all caught up! YAY! And to any of you that voted for Charlie, THANK YOU - Morgan WON!!!! They let her stay up last night till it was over (10PM our time) and she was SOOOOOOO excited! I'm betting she was one hard kiddo to get out of bed this morning.... LOL!

Rhonda - that train is GORGEOUS.... I want that stamp so bad, but I have NO CLUE what I would do with it other than the 3 male birthday cards I need a year.... LOL!

ALL the cards were fabulous.... and I SO THANK YOU ALL for NOT USING THE SOCK MONKEY! LOL! That creepy dang stamp..... ROFL!

I've been eyeing Season of Joy and trying to decide what I want to do with it for the Christmas Swap.... I have a couple of ideas..... LOL!

Everyone have a great Friday!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2008, 07:17 AM   #534  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by mischief732View Post
Hi Everyone!
It sounds like you are are busy, recovering from life's stresses, etc. When I read Jen's comments on your swaps, I'm so jealous I can't see them!
School has been busy this week along with work. I spent 2 hours yesterday picking apples, plums and pears off the ground to throw away. I feel guilty throwing away all that fruit, but there's only so much we can eat, and canning just isn't going to happen this year!
Have a great day!
Missi
I'm not sure where you are, but I was just reading in the NYTimes, I think, about community harvest programs where you can take all that fruit to food banks, etc. They might even come pick it up for you. It was a really neat program. I think the one they wrote about was in California.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2008, 07:17 AM   #535  
Stazon Splitcoast

Well, see if I actually read, I would see you are in Northern Utah! Maybe you can google and see if something comes up close to you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2008, 08:43 AM   #536  
Pearl-ExPert

Lisa...I was planning on using Sock Monkey for my Christmas cards...not really

Thanks for all the well wishes for my shoulder. Now that I am up and around today it is a bit better. It seems to be at its worse when I first get up.

Canning is not all that hard, just a lot of work. But it is rewarding to have food that tastes good and you know whats in it. Missi, I wish I could help with the fruit. That I don't get anymore since Pops cut down his apple trees. And well I could get them from the uncle, but I think I just gave up on those...still time to change my mind though for those this year...

I am off to start my canning day - ta til later.

P.S. I could have crammed more in today...Sen McCain and Gov Palin are here today for a rally - close by too. I had to work this morning, otherwise that was a thought...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2008, 11:30 AM   #537  
Mad Swapper

<---- jealous girl here since I didn't do the SA swap that everyone is raving over.. so glad i got in on the Christmas one!!

Jen- vent any time... the swappin' sistas are always willing to lend an ear to listen. my sister went through some horrible times with her ex. She could right a book about his nastiness. all things get better with time.

Sharon- I am right there with you on the allergies. My head is about to pop off from all the sneezing.. I am praying for the first frost. that usually settles it back down again.

Lisa- glad the shoulder is better. I think you need a hot tub and/or a massage. Find a Massage Envy by you and do it.. it's yummy!

Kathy- Thanks! My stamp room was a lot of work to set up.. but I love having everything at my finger tips. I am currently reorganizing my stamps and taking them off the wood blocks so I have more room in my drawers for new stamps.. vicious cycle isn't it? There are more pictures in my gallery of my stamp room. It's funny. It was one of the stamp room pictures at the SCS dinner up on the big screen. I saw it and said, "what a nice room!.. oh wait! that's my room up there!!" I can be such a dizzy lizzy sometimes!

I have TWO days at my old job left. My desk is cleared of all personal items. I am working on my filing.. my brain has left the building. I have little enthusiasm for this place. BUT I have been getting some lovely emails from people that I work with overseas. Apparently, I will be missed after all. It's nice to hear that my work was valued.. even if it wasn't my boss that valued it.

anyway, going to be a lovely weekend here in Chicago. maybe a little golf, dinner with my parents, spend time with my niece working on her college scholarship applications.. busy but good. maybe I'll sneak in a little stamping too. hasn't been much of that lately.

later ladies!
Liz
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2008, 11:32 AM   #538  
Stazon Splitcoast

Bad news: My sons and I have eaten 2/3 of the loaf of zucchini bread that was suppossed to be for class tonight!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2008, 12:15 PM   #539  
Hardware Hotshot

Sharon and Liz- I can so sympathize on the allergy thing. Today is the first day I have noticed my fall ones, but I get them really bad from about April-July. I just hate them. And now my DS has them too. I feel so bad because it's a life sentence.

Lisa (biffsbee)- I thought I was the queen of over committing. I hope you get a chance to take Liz's advice and get a massage soon.

Lisa (Crazycatstamper) - I am right with ya on the monkey. I just don't get it. But I am so glad your little friend won! I'm guessing it wasn't my votes that put her over the top, but I was glad to help.

Kathy- I've thought about you a lot in the past few weeks. When do your parents leave for Samoa? I am sure my dad would want me to tell you to tell them hello from him. I still marvel at what a small world it is.

Angie and Amy- glad you'll still let me hang out next year at convention. Can't wait.

Jen- That's why I don't bake often. I love to do it, but I eat the whole thing myself. Then I feel sick and but I just can't stop eating. It's kind of like buying stamps and supplies. Good luck with your class tonight.

My brother just called and they are only staying with us tonight and next Saturday night. That means that I either have to keep the house clean for a whole week (ya, right!) or clean it twice. Ugh. My DS is off-the-charts excited about seeing his cousin though.

My DH gets home tomorrow and then leaves again on Tuesday for quick trip to El Salvador of all places. Funny, he goes to Arizona for seven days, but he goes to El Salvador for three.

And I have one brother that lives relatively close (about 45 minutes away). His wife is the SIL that drives everyone a little batty and she hurt her ankle this week. They are coming up for dinner on Sunday and I fear she will be insufferable. I have a lot of stairs at my house and I can just hear the complaining now.

But I am going to stamp this weekend! Right now I am going to clean my DS's bathroom, make beds and finish tidying a bit.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2008, 01:15 PM   #540  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazycatstamperView Post
.... and I SO THANK YOU ALL for NOT USING THE SOCK MONKEY! LOL! That creepy dang stamp..... ROFL!
I'm so glad I'm not the only one that thinks the sock monkey is creepy.....those black staring eyes...........makes me shiver!!!!

Jen, your comment about your son eating the zucchini bread you made for class made me giggle. My friend brought me a loaf the other day, and I had to point out the "nibbles" on one end. Her son had gotten into the loaves she put aside for friends because he didn' think he'd get caught eating those loaves!
I wish I could get some one to come and get this fruit, but we live near old family orchards and everyone in the neighborhood is trying to unload fruit Unfortunately we didn't get our act together and get it picked, or I would have just pureed the whole lot and made fruit "leather". Now it's too gross for anything but the garbage. We have nut trees too and so soon I'll be adding walnuts and hazelnuts to my gathering. The pecans don't come til later. I don't know what we we're thinking when we bought this place!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2008, 01:21 PM   #541  
Stazon Splitcoast

Wow, I'd love to live there with all those goodies!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2008, 01:47 PM   #542  
Stazon Splitcoast

My swaps came today! Yay! Of course, they arrived while I had some good friends here! LOL But she loved me enough to help me admire them for a minute before I put them away!

Thanks everyone! They're great!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2008, 04:23 PM   #543  
Stampin' Fool

Okay, I am so jealous I missed out on the first post convention SA swap. And being KimC lives in the same city as me(and my bestest downline...okay my only downline, but still the bestest!!!) and I know bestest is not a real word! I will get to see them eventually (the whole living North of all of you fellow SAers). Questions:

Lisa- How much was return postage to Canada, so I can include that in my Christmas SA swap for Jen?

I will have to send my swaps earlier as KimC told me it took over 2 weeks to get to Lisa for the other swap. I have my stamp set but as my kids get older my life is much much more busy. I am doing my first outside workshop in a very long time next friday. For the past couple of years I have only done clubs, classes and camps. I do not have any clubs currently going on as I have just have been focusing on my family. But right now I am loving online ordering. It seems to be working for me! My friends and family are just as busy as I am.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2008, 06:31 PM   #544  
Pearl-ExPert

Amy - glad to hear your swaps arrived!

Liz - the just recently opened a Massage Envy nearby...may have to check that out, thanks.

Jen - was it chocolate Zuc bread? Yummy. Every year I trade the zucchinis to my bff mom and she gives me back choc zuch bread - no nuts I love to bake myself, but she does that for me. Best part is, I am only the middle man - my FIL does the garden where I am getting all these goodies. Until he quits, no reason for me to do it. We get sweet corn, green beans, green peppers, tomatoes, zucchini, butter nut squash and cucumbers. We also toss in misc other hot peppers for DH and one of his brothers. We make spicy hot dill pickles.
Well, the canning report for the evening is: picked up 2 bushels of tomatoes...got one bushel made into 25 1/2 quarts of spaghetti sauce. Tomorrow is my card class and then on to chili sauce and stewed tomatoes. I am still hot bathing so will be up for a while, but done with all the "work" (which my MIL calls theraputic...hmmm). I will post a photo on my blog later when they are all done.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2008, 06:31 PM   #545  
Pearl-ExPert

Smile

Quote:

Originally Posted by amysingsView Post
My swaps came today! Yay! Of course, they arrived while I had some good friends here! LOL But she loved me enough to help me admire them for a minute before I put them away!

Thanks everyone! They're great!
Yea!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2008, 06:33 PM   #546  
Pearl-ExPert

Erin- good luck on your upcoming workshop!

maybe a roadtrip to Utah this time next year for fruit...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2008, 07:03 PM   #547  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by biffsbeeView Post
Erin- good luck on your upcoming workshop!

maybe a roadtrip to Utah this time next year for fruit...
Come on out. I am sure Missi, Amystamps and I would be happy to have you! And there is usually a shoebox swap in September. And while you are at it, you could swing up to Boise and go to one of Amysings' card buffets.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2008, 07:45 PM   #548  
Pearl-ExPert

Now that sounds like a wonderful invitation...I will put on the calendar...at least in pencil. Convention is also on the calendar (in pencil too). Right now the year is starting out with a mission trip to Ukraine Feb 27-Mar 11.

I posted the days bounty on my blog. The kitchen is semi clean and will have to do as is for my class tomorrow. I will have a little time in the morning to run to the store and set up. Scratched the farmers market - sheesh, do ya think?! Class starts at 11 and DH has his father and BFF coming at 10 to work on a retaining wall. DH was a huge help with the tomato canning so I let him of the hook for housecleaning. I can run a quick vaccum and swipe the bathroom after we are both ready for the day and call it good.
Time for bed!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2008, 08:00 PM   #549  
Stazon Splitcoast

Wow Lisa!

You amaze me!!!

Your FIl sounds like my dad. He grows everything! But, my mom can't can - has bad arthritis. Gardening is his therapy, his zeal for life. My fav. thing he grows - garlic!!! OMG - you can so taste the difference! I only get a couple of cloves though - it's really expensive to grow and he has frequent crop failures - thus the expense! You plant in the fall and hope and pray you get garlic come spring! He also grows: eggplant, Jersey tomatoes -several varieties and some heirlooms , peppers - hot and green and frying, broccoli, brussel sprouts, green beans, zucchini, lettuces, herbs, pretty much everything! The groundhogs and rabbits keep eating his stuff though. He gets so angry! He didn't have any beans this year because of them. And he wouldn't care if the rabbits took one or two veggies - the biting and moving on to bite and taste all of them is what gets him. And, he is an expert animal trapper - but those groundhogs get him. Sometime I'll have to tell you about his "squirrel relocation program".
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2008, 08:01 PM   #550  
Stazon Splitcoast

I so wish I had 25 quarts of spaghetti sauce in my freezer!!

I think my goal for next year will be to learn to can...I bet I can get some friends interested too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2008, 07:48 AM   #551  
Pearl-ExPert

The tomatoes are canned in jars, no freezer space required. You could freeze it all as well though. I don't have any room for it in the freezer - it is plum full right now, we just bought a 1/4 cow. Canning is not difficult, just a labor of love...a lot of labor. The end result though is good food that you know where it came from and what's in it. The taste is soooo goood. I never learned this at home growing up. My BFF taught me after high school when she got married. We did strawberry jam and applesauce that year. Wow was that yummy! Then when I got married, the in-laws taught me the tomatoes and such. We freeze corn and beans, and cold pack the pickles - DH's great grams recipe, and hot bath tomatoes. I moved on from there myself with Grandpa Jesse's salsa (he is the patriarch of a large family at church) and now I decided it would be a good idea to make the sauces and then can them instead of just canning tomatoes and making sauces out of them later.
Pop's can tell you the animals are getting worse over the years. And he lives in the city. He now fences his garden and last year DH helped him electrify it. Here, out in the farm country, I have pocket gophers that destroy my yard and rabbits and deer that eat my flowers even! It will be war when I start to garden here after Pop's decides he is done. He is 77 and this is a labor of love for him.
I am all set for my class (I hope) and then back to canning.
Have a great day!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2008, 08:57 AM   #552  
Stazon Splitcoast

I haven't done a garden the past two years (one year we were in Spain for 3 weeks and this year with the divorce I wasn't sure I would be here) and I do miss it. It's funny, I live in a subdivision where it used to be woods. So, we have coyotes, deer and the occasional moose wander through, along with fisher cats. Not too many rabbits and gophers, as the coyotes tend to keep those in check.

The last year I had my tomatoes, I had an early variety and the plant was just about done. Well, either a deer or moose came along and ate a bunch of the ends of the plant and low and behold, it spurred the plant to regrow and I had a whole new bunch of tomatoes! It's amazing how nature works - that deer nibbled at the exactly right time and the weather cooperated, etc. It was amazing.

I wholeheartedly agree about knowing where your food comes from. I just wish I had more time/resources to do it. I try to stick to a Mediterranean style diet, but sometimes the Fritos just call my name too loudly and I must comply.

I have another batch of zucchini coming from another friend, so I'll be baking again tomorrow or beginning of the week. I don't put chocolate in my zucchini bread, because the kids will eat it without, so we count it as a "vegetable". I like putting the loaves in the freezer to have on hand.

Tomorrow another divorced friend and I are taking the boys (she has twins) to a winery in Massachusetts. They are having a kids festival and apple picking and wine tasting. Sounds perfect to me!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2008, 09:01 AM   #553  
Hardware Hotshot

Hi gals,
Just popping in as I wait for my first clubbers to arrive! I made Frankie Boo boxes for them yesterday. I'll put a picture in the post so you can see them. I spent almost 2 hours at the allergist yesterday. I'm on so many medications it isn't even funny plus a steroid so I'll be eating like a horse but I have to say I do feel so much better today already. I actually sat down and stamped a card today and enjoyed that. I love doing the sketch challenges because it takes so much of the "work" out of creating a card! Anyway, I'll pop back in tomorrow and catch up on the posts. Have a super Saturday everyone!!
Sharon
Attached Thumbnails
Swappers Anonymous-frankie-boxes.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2008, 09:03 AM   #554  
Stazon Splitcoast

OMG!! Sharon those are wicked cute!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2008, 09:10 AM   #555  
Stazon Splitcoast

Soooo cute! Love Frankie! Glad you're feeling better, Sharon.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2008, 09:53 AM   #556  
Hardware Hotshot

Holy Cow Sharon! You are killing me! Those are so cute. I am going to figure out a Frankenstein something today. My DH will be home in 2 hours and then I get to stamp!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2008, 10:06 AM   #557  
Polyshrink Goddess

So much going on - I HAVE to make sure I get on her daily no matter how crazy work has been! I had my Ronald McDonald camp. Besides one customer that made my other ones feel rushed, it all went well. Picked up two new customers from a friend of mine that dropped her demonstratorship. Now i get to start prepping for the crazy October, after the shower I'm throwing in two hours.

I have to say that I am jealous as well about all your swaps. I did get back my 100 card fronts and they are pretty amazing. I can't believe some of the detail that went into them.... crazy.... Glad I found them before they got caught in the downpour here (I know, relative to some of the rains others have had the last few weeks!) Now I know why people should send their swaps in baggies or clear envelopes - saved me some angst!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2008, 05:59 PM   #558  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Oklahoma...State (OSU) We love 'em even when they lose, and we're never disappointed!

He's adorable Sharon!

Go Stacy with the new customers!

I'm still so behind, but at least I finally got my email sent for my technique class on October 2nd...I finally finished my last card (using Grand Soiree)....now I have to design Stamp a Stack cards...ack!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2008, 06:11 PM   #559  
Pearl-ExPert

Sharon, so glad you are feeling better! And Frankie is absolutely adorable!

Amy and Paula thanks so much for commenting on my blog. I posted todays bounty as well. Today was 10 pints of stewed tomatoes and 12 quarts of chili. I left some tomatoes on the counter for DH to munch, some went home with my sister and half doz will go to work with me Monday for my boss's wife. That takes care of the second bushel.

I decide while piling all these jars on my buffet that the wall there could use a little DE. So I will have to peruse the DE line some more and decide what I want to put there.

I also held my card class today. That went well. They really liked the easy cards and left over materials to take home with them to make more. Just shy of a workshop for the orders they placed, but I made up the other $25 for the hostess bennies for myself. (like I need any more stuff...)

Tomorrow is relaxation at the Renassiance Festival and it is supposed to be really nice weather. Hanging out with my BFF. A much deserved day.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-21-2008, 05:20 AM   #560  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekends!

I wanted to share that my class loved your cards! I was showing them off and they were ooohing and aaahing!

Today we have DS's soccer game at 10:30 and then we are heading down to a winery/brewery for some apple picking (and hopefully wine tasting!) with friends. It is absolutely beautiful here today!
Reply With Quote Likes