Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-16-2008, 12:32 PM   #441  
Chattin' & Sippin' in SPAM-Land

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by biffsbeeView Post
For those in the new catalog swap...they are officially postal! And as a RAK for the day they have all been upgraded to priority mail (if they weren't already). Thank you all so much for playing with me I had a great time hosting and cannot wait to play again.
WOO HOO! Thanks!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2008, 12:35 PM   #442  
Chattin' & Sippin' in SPAM-Land

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenguinView Post
OMG!! Out of the blue, Jack just came up to me and said he thinks he's decided who he wants to marry!!!! A girl, Nicole, he sits next to!!! He said that she's his best girlfriend!!!!!! ACK!!!! (He's 6 by the way!)
*****SNORT*****

OMG... I remember when my godson said that he was going to marry a girl in his class...... they were 4 at the time and no grownups were going to be invited to the wedding..... That same kid is now touring colleges and getting ready to accept his Eagle Scout Award.... time flies.....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2008, 12:35 PM   #443  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

OMG!! Out of the blue, Jack just came up to me and said he thinks he's decided who he wants to marry!!!! A girl, Nicole, he sits next to!!! He said that she's his best girlfriend!!!!!! ACK!!!! (He's 6 by the way!)
LOL NOW is your moment to teach your son how a REAL man treats a woman. Perfect opening for that discussion.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2008, 12:36 PM   #444  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndyCrissyView Post
How many projects do you usually offer? I was thining of charging a flat fee to come (around $15) and then they could pick each project they wanted to do at the time of the event. The downside would be having to prepare enough for everyone. I like your idea better!
Here is my card buffet blog:
http://cardbuffet.blogspot.com

I usually offer 5 cards and 1-4 projects, depending on how I feel/what I think my customers will buy/what time of year it is.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2008, 12:41 PM   #445  
Stazon Splitcoast

Amy - great info on your blog....I favorited it so I will hopefully remember where to find it when I need it!! LOL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2008, 12:42 PM   #446  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by amysingsView Post
LOL NOW is your moment to teach your son how a REAL man treats a woman. Perfect opening for that discussion.
oh that day will come, sistah!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2008, 12:44 PM   #447  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazycatstamperView Post
*****SNORT*****

OMG... I remember when my godson said that he was going to marry a girl in his class...... they were 4 at the time and no grownups were going to be invited to the wedding..... That same kid is now touring colleges and getting ready to accept his Eagle Scout Award.... time flies.....
Too funny.....my son starts Tiger Scouts on Thurs!

And one of my friend's son (same age) thinks that whoever he marries - they won't take either name - they will be Mr and Mrs Nice. Kids are so funny!

Open house is tonight, so I get to meet the lucky lady!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2008, 01:49 PM   #448  
Pearl-ExPert

Amy, I want to come to your card buffet...think I can get my DH to let me visit Idaho from MN? Thanks for sharing your creations on your blog. Your darling son is very handsome btw.

Jen, no worries - sent you a pm. Let us know how the introductions to the little lady go tonight

You are all very welcome.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2008, 03:50 PM   #449  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Oklahoma...State (OSU) We love 'em even when they lose, and we're never disappointed!

I'll bite the bullet and do Season of Simple Joy...I've yet to come up with anything especially cool with it though.... hope for good things for me!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2008, 03:52 PM   #450  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by biffsbeeView Post
Amy, I want to come to your card buffet...think I can get my DH to let me visit Idaho from MN? Thanks for sharing your creations on your blog. Your darling son is very handsome btw.
It's all just a business expense, so it's ok, right?

Thanks for saying he's cute! We think he's a doll, but we're prejudiced.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2008, 04:45 PM   #451  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Now that is FUNNY! There is a famous story in my family about my oldest brother (who was probably about 6 at the time) sitting on the steps of a church with his "girlfriend." They refused to leave until someone married them.

Last edited by scrapshappen; 09-16-2008 at 04:50 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2008, 04:58 PM   #452  
Polyshrink Goddess

Wow, I drop out of sight and got really behind! I'm game for the swap - I'll do creepy snowman, I mean, Mr. Twigster. How many are we doing again? I like the idea of having the cards back by the 1st but that's just because after all my October camps, that might be the inspiration for my OWN Christmas cards.

Off to DH's softball game. My update - buried at work, like 10 feet over my head buried, but I'm taking a night to support DH since he's always supporting me in my endevours. I did apply for that mgr. position last night - I'll let you all know how that goes!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2008, 07:09 AM   #453  
Pearl-ExPert

Good Morning everyone!

Stacy - good luck with the mgr position!

Amy - thanks for all your info regarding the card buffet.

I am still working out my last 2 (of 6) designs for Saturday's All Birthday card class (using Best Ever SSK and Party Hearty). On top of that my father in law said he is bringing up 2 bushels of tomatoes on Saturday!!! Wouldn't be such a panic, except I am planning on being gone with friends to the Renaissance Festival. Oi! Guess I will be sure to get my groceries on Friday...maybe I can get to the farmers market early Saturday morning before my class starts at 11 (it's only 45 minute drive one-way...). I was hoping for fresh oregano and such for my sauces...I will be canning spaghetti, lasagna and chili sauces.
Good thing I got the lawn mowed yesterday.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2008, 07:22 AM   #454  
Mad Swapper

Wow Lisa! you will be one busy lady this weekend.

Thanks for the advice on selling stamps. So far I have a had a few nibbles in the BST. I am starting there. If it doens't go well.. then I may sell some of the sets as lots on the bay.. I have heard that is a good way to go. I'll let ya know!

I am in the lame duck phase here at work.. only four more days at this job and then I am finished. I have totally lost all motivation to do this job. it's terrible.. thus I am on SCS!! I am ready to get out of here.. enjoy my mini vacation to Michigan next weekend and then start my new job.. woo hoo!

have a good day all
Liz
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2008, 09:50 AM   #455  
Stazon Splitcoast

It is such a beautiful day out East! My boys will be with their dad for a couple of hours, so I'm going to go for a bike ride before I start my last card for class on Fri night!

I am eagerly stalking the mailman waiting and this thread waiting for word of swaps arriving! I cannot wait for the happy mail!

As for the Christmas swap - looks like everyone is participating! I think we are up to 18!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2008, 10:14 AM   #456  
Stazon Splitcoast

Jen--Wow, 18! Cool!

Kathy--thanks for always commenting on my blog! You are so sweet!

Lisa--you're very welcome. And again, your To Do list is making me tired.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2008, 10:15 AM   #457  
Stazon Splitcoast

I have a non-swapping related question for you all. My very first hostess club is starting next week. Some of these ladies have been my customers for more than a year, but just buy stamp sets here and there. I would really like to get them addicted to inks, papers, etc. One gal is just a friend of one of my customers, so I don't know her at all. I have a few small misgivings about that. I think she'll follow thru, but still a niggle in my brain about it.

I had this brilliant idea that I should make cardstock samplers. Especially after I checked them out online and found they would cost about $9 each with shipping. LOL Last night I printed all the names on them, and today I have them all cut. I am in the process of punching with a Cropadile.

Here is my question (finally): should I give them the whole deal at the first meeting? Or should I give them the In Colors and neutrals this month, then a color family each month?

I have 2 reasons for thinking of breaking it up:
1--one gal might flake (this is not a big deal, but it would irk me)
2--they might be overwhelmed

Opinions? Thoughts? Advice?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2008, 10:20 AM   #458  
Hardware Hotshot

I did CS samplers as a thank you at the end of my Marker Club. Some were excited, but others just didn't get it. I think you need to show them why they need this handy little tool.

I don't have any advice about when to give them out though. The one advantage I can see to giving them out over time, is that you will be able to remind them each time you give them some more pieces of how great the CS and colors are.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2008, 10:23 AM   #459  
Hardware Hotshot

Jen- WOW! 18. That settles it. This is will be one and only Christmas Card swap. I know they will be good so I don't need any more. Right!?!?!?! (She says trying to convince herself.)

Lisa- Your boundless energy makes me tired. Good luck getting it all done!

Stacy- Good luck with your promotion possibility. I will be sending positive thoughts and prayers your way.

Liz- Keep plugging away. It's only a few more days. Do you think anyone would notice if you brought your stamps to work?

Off to check my mail!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2008, 12:39 PM   #460  
Stampin' Fool

Haven't had time to get totally caught up with SA posts but was so excited as I just received my second online order. About a year and a half ago I was contacted through the demo locator and this lady wanted to purchase stuff or have a workshop, well I dropped off the catalogue and never heard from her again (usually what happens). I figured she was one of those who just wanted a free catalogue. I kept her on my email list and so she gets the specials from SU! etc. Well, I emailed everyone that online ordering was available and I noticed she sign up for an account but nothing more. I just got the notice today that she ordered. She ordered $120 (pre tax and shipping) so my thought was since she does live in the same city as myself and that my new decore elements phase 2 and Holiday Minis are coming on Friday that I would give her a new catalogue as a gift for ordering online and put the October specials flyers and minis in a bag with a hand stamped card as a Thank You. If she had called me with that order I would have given her a free catalogue anyways, she just didn't know that because she didn't ever contact me again after receiving the first catalogue. I would just get my DH to drop it off this weekend, when he's back (Hip Hip Hooray!!) Am I doing the right thing or do you think she wants to left alone, that is why she ordered online. I am totally not pushy with my SU! business (I know I should be more).

Amy: I think CS sample rings are great! I usually use them as incentive to join the club but if you haven't already gave them an incentive I would probably give the complete CS ring so that they can use it right away. I also love to incorporate punches with my CS swap rings. So I would get them to bring their CS samplers each month and then have them punch out the centres with some punches so they can see what stamp sets they can use with the punches. I also like the idea of the DSP with the coordinating CS and Ribbon on piece of CS. They make great gifts. Even if you don't give each of them one but they had one to look at each month when they came. I find these really help my paper and ribbon sales.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2008, 01:09 PM   #461  
Stazon Splitcoast

Amy,

I think I would give them a little each month AND try to be super-organized and use the colors you are giving out as part of your samples! Maybe give them out by color family. I keep meaning to do something like this, but never get around to it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2008, 01:12 PM   #462  
Stazon Splitcoast

I also need some advice from my wise friends. I am undecided as to the fourth card for my cards that move class. Here's the scoop:

A. Shaker card using Merry and Bright OR
B. Free standing pop up similar to example here on SCS

What we ARE doing is this:
1. Bear card from convention with coils/swirls inside (two techniques - one card)
2. Double slider
3. Tilt card

I know that whatever I do they will be fine, but what do you think rounds out the class best? The class fee is $15 and I'm hoping to be done in 2 hours! HA-HA!! I have 9 coming, so doubtful.....that's why I combined techniques instead of adding a 5th card.

Please help!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2008, 01:54 PM   #463  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks Jen. I was thinking the same thing--since the scrap page we're doing is with Kiwi, RH Red, and Chocolate. Then next month, it would be easy to do Earth Elements for Halloween.

Hmmm. Still thinking. LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2008, 01:55 PM   #464  
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh, and I meant to add that I like the free-standing pop-up cards! I think it is easier to be successful with them. Maybe I am just bad at making shaker cards??? LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2008, 02:10 PM   #465  
Hardware Hotshot

Jen - I vote with Amy. I need to try one of those and maybe do it at club next week.

Erin- Take her a catalog. What can it hurt? If she likes the products enough to place that big of an order, than she will certainly like having the catalog.

I am trying to get my craft room clean today. My brother and his family are arriving from Houston on Friday night and I need a place to put the play-n-pack for my niece. Since it's right next to the guest room, I guess my craft room it is.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2008, 02:48 PM   #466  
Stazon Splitcoast

I am pissed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I gave Jack's dad his math homework to complete with him tonight. Well, he just returned the children and no homework. So, I called him and asked where it was. "OH, I didn't know it was due so soon." ***???!!! So, the math homework I handed to you and said, please do this with him tonight is due....next week? Because you are going to be too busy cavorting with your slut down in Orlando this weekend? Give me a f-in break. So, now I'm in the position of explaining to the teacher what happened, doing a TON of homework tomorrow before cub scouts and making sure my son doesn't end up in tears over this.
I am so done with that man..........
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2008, 02:53 PM   #467  
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh, Jen, I'm so sorry. Good luck "cleaning up."
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2008, 02:58 PM   #468  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks. I just needed to vent. I can't get the homework now and I don't believe in doing homework at 7 at night, 15 min. before bed. Tomorrow is going to be a long day, since he has OTHER homework I was saving until tomorrow.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2008, 02:58 PM   #469  
Stazon Splitcoast

You know, I do my best. I'm a former teacher and I try to plan it out and space it out over the week...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2008, 03:07 PM   #470  
Hardware Hotshot

(((hugs))) Jen. Sorry you have to deal with that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2008, 03:10 PM   #471  
Hardware Hotshot

Now I need help/advice. I have a Cricut. (I know, not SU!). At that calendar class I did for my upline's church a few weeks ago, a gal asked me if I would cut letters out for her on occasion. She's willing to pay me, but I have no idea what to charge. Is $.10 a letter ridiculously low if she provides the paper. Too much? Someone help!

She's called me today about this so I need a quick answer.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2008, 03:12 PM   #472  
Hardware Hotshot

And while I'm being needy. Anyone have any dinner ideas or just want to make dinner for me and my DS?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2008, 03:21 PM   #473  
Stazon Splitcoast

I would have no idea what to charge? Yikes!!

BTW, Cricut cartridges are only $40 at Mike's this week!! OY!

As for dinner - in a pinch, breakfast is always a hit!
We also do BLT's - except the kids have just the bacon and english muffin and I have all the rest. English muffin pizzas - make your own are a fast one too.

Now, I looooooove to cook, and could give you so many ideas, but l don't know what you have in your fridge!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2008, 04:41 PM   #474  
Polyshrink Goddess

Paula - My DH is golfing with friends while I work and then they are all coming for dinner. I'm making roasted vegetable and a simple pasta with garlic butter sauce. Not sure if that fits your fancy or matches what is in your fridge but it sounded nice and easy for me. Plus I have wine for it which is what I'm really looking forward to tonight.

Jen - So sorry for the homework mess. I can't imagine what you are dealing with but hang in there. The amount you care for your family shows through in every post! (and we all have to vent sometimes - makes me happy to know we are such a good group of gals that someone can have one and everyone jumps in with support instead of judgement!)

Back to Paula - I think the price depends on how close you are to the customer and how much work it takes you to complete. My friend (and customer) was over here Monday cutting multiple tags and flowers with my Big Shot. Since she did it herself, I didn't charge her anything - after all, she bought all the paper from me. Maybe you tell her it's xx a letter but only xx a letter if she buys the paper from you?

Everyone else - HI! I'm off to finish something for work and then do some cleaning. Family is in Payette from Delaware and is coming over tomorrow. I hate having a house that motivates my mother-in-law to clean versus relax even though she says she doesn't mind (but I do!!!) So I have to get that done tonight!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2008, 07:06 PM   #475  
Hardware Hotshot

Thanks Stacy and Jen for the dinner ideas. I found some frozen chicken fingers and a box of mashed potatoes and gravy from a mix. Not cooking, but no one is going to bed hungry either. I have this problem every time my DH is away. I get pretty sick of PB&J but it isn't worth it to cook a full meal for my DS when he is so picky.

My craft room is almost clean and my guest room is almost ready too. I had to dig the bed out from underneath all my convention swaps.

Maybe I will actually stamp for a little while tonight. I just rented the TV show "Pushing Daisies" on DVD. Very clever, cute, and quirky show. (That's how I like them.) It's kind of making me want to stamp. But I keep thinking of my order that is finally coming tomorrow too. Can't wait to get my hands on new stamps and DSP!

Now I'm just rambling. Have a great night everyone.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2008, 08:03 PM   #476  
Mad Swapper

Paula, I don't know if this will help, but here is a link to a blog of a gal here in OK that sells lettering. If you scroll down until you get thru the posts, she has a price chart for lettering. I don't know what the going rate is in UT, but hers seems to be pretty reasonable without being taken advantage of, KWIM?

http://lovelettering.blogspot.com/

Jen, sorry for the homework mess! Puts you in a hard situation, doesn't it? Hope it all gets done without tears and stress.

Stacy, hope you enjoy your company. I know that the biggest stress in my life is when my MIL comes to visit. Don't know why, especially at my age, I feel like I still have to prove that I am good enough for her son.

Amy, it's EASY to comment on your blog, 'cause I like your stuff! I'm in the process of getting my own blog up and going. It just all takes time!

I did a boatload of stamping today - I finished the cards for Michelle's swap that I had messed up the dates on and I got my big shot swap cards in the mail. I have 3 swaps to finish up, including the SA swap, and then I just can't do any more until after Christmas.

Ooh, did I really say the 'C' word? How can it be that time of year already????

'Nite, all!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2008, 07:43 AM   #477  
Stazon Splitcoast

The SA swaps came!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just opened the package...haven't even looked yet!!!

I am sooo excited!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2008, 07:45 AM   #478  
Stazon Splitcoast

OMG!!!!!

These are the best swaps ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2008, 07:51 AM   #479  
Stazon Splitcoast

You gals have seriously made my day!

There is going to be some serious caseing going on and these are going right up on my board for my class tomorrow night!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2008, 08:07 AM   #480  
Hardware Hotshot

Can't wait until they show up in my mailbox. Maybe today? But I can't complain too much because UPS came around 9:00 a.m. today with my new DE and stamps! It usually doesn't come until around 1:00 p.m. but I had a different driver from a different route today.
Reply With Quote Likes