Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-14-2008, 03:48 PM   #401  
Crimping Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am happy to get more than one card of a set, that way I can show the sets versatility.

I would like to use merry and bright, does it have to be a card?
Missi
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-14-2008, 04:28 PM   #402  
Pearl-ExPert

Okay, so I should have gotten caught up on the thread before replying to Jen's pm about the swap. I also said Scandinavian (being the true Norske I am), but I will go with my second...Holy Tryptic...I better get started as I see a lot of watercoloring in my future...or not...I have a couple of ideas in mind. I am certain that whatever ya'll do they will be fabulous (as I have seen evidenced by the current swap).
Will let you all know as soon as they are postal.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-14-2008, 06:54 PM   #403  
Mad Swapper

Jen,
I got Two Cool Dudes for being a M & T helper at convention. Put me down for that one and I'll see what I can come up with.

Kathy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-14-2008, 08:11 PM   #404  
Chattin' & Sippin' in SPAM-Land

Quote:

Originally Posted by biffsbeeView Post
Off to cut out more flowers...and throw something on for dinner, DH just called on his way home. Good thing he calls me everyday when he leaves work or he may never get dinner!
He he he.... Yeah, I have mine trained to do the same. If he wants to eat within an hour of getting home, I need to know when he leaves! LOL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2008, 02:59 AM   #405  
Stazon Splitcoast

Wow!
You guys are speedy! We already have 11 in our swap!! Yippee!

Micshief732 - No,it doesn't have to be a card, but for purposes of mailing, it has to be something that can lay flat, you know? Technically it is a card front swap, but if you've got a great idea, go with it! Merry and Bright is fine....

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2008, 03:00 AM   #406  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Okay, so I should have gotten caught up on the thread before replying to Jen's pm about the swap. I also said Scandinavian (being the true Norske I am), but I will go with my second...Holy Tryptic...I better get started as I see a lot of watercoloring in my future...or not...I have a couple of ideas in mind. I am certain that whatever ya'll do they will be fabulous (as I have seen evidenced by the current swap).
Will let you all know as soon as they are postal.
You can still do Scandinavian if you want.....only one other has claimed it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2008, 06:24 AM   #407  
Hardware Hotshot

Crazy me. I got up at 1:30 am this morning to finally place my mini/DE pre-order. I really wanted that "Wise Men Still Seek Him." But I can wait til Oct 1. The only ones I ended up ordering were the Seasons of Thanks and a Welcome.

And I did break down yesterday and add the Happy Heart Day stamp set to my order too.

Liz- I didn't thank you for your nice comments about my card. I loved yours too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2008, 08:02 AM   #408  
Stazon Splitcoast

Ok, Ladies...here's where we stand as of noon east coast time today, the 15th....

Season of Joy - 2
Christ is Born - 1
Two Cool Dudes - 1
Scandinavian Season - 2
Holy Triptech - 1
Snow Swirled - 1
Merry and Bright - 1
Cheerst to You - 1
Deer Friends - 1

We're off and running!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2008, 11:22 AM   #409  
Stazon Splitcoast

Checking in to see if my SA new cattie swaps were received. I had to go to the dinky PO in the grocery store so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2008, 11:33 AM   #410  
Stampin' Fool

Smile

Jen:

I am going to do 'A Cardinal Christmas'! unless I get inspired in another direction. If I do I'll pick a set that's not being used as I really do have quite the collection to pick from!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2008, 12:17 PM   #411  
Stazon Splitcoast

Got it, thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2008, 01:46 PM   #412  
Pearl-ExPert

I'll stick with Holy Triptych Not sure which you have me down for - there is 2 Scandinavian on your list and 1 for Holy T...

Still waiting for the post to arrive today! Sheesh, it is almost 5:00!!! I called the post office at 4 to ask if we were getting mail today - poor Dori, I think she had gotten many calls about that today from how she sounded. Tough Monday over there. Maybe I should RAK a card for her.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2008, 01:59 PM   #413  
Pearl-ExPert

Hooray! The post has finally appeared and the last 3 swaps were all there!

SA New catalog swap will be on return post to ya'll tomorrow! They are all fabulous, thank you for playing with me! Hugs! The plus one will be going to my RMH lead demonstrator on Thursday next week. Thank you all again!

Off to sort the swaps and prepare to post.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2008, 02:25 PM   #414  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Tough Monday over there. Maybe I should RAK a card for her.
Wait a minute. We're supposed to SEND cards????? For something other than swapping????
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2008, 02:38 PM   #415  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I'll stick with Holy Triptych Not sure which you have me down for - there is 2 Scandinavian on your list and 1 for Holy T...

Still waiting for the post to arrive today! Sheesh, it is almost 5:00!!! I called the post office at 4 to ask if we were getting mail today - poor Dori, I think she had gotten many calls about that today from how she sounded. Tough Monday over there. Maybe I should RAK a card for her.
that's what I put down for you...Holy Triptych.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2008, 02:39 PM   #416  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by amysingsView Post
Wait a minute. We're supposed to SEND cards????? For something other than swapping????
SPEW!!! You owe me a new monitor for that one!!! Me too BTW!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2008, 03:26 PM   #417  
Pearl-ExPert

Ah, yes, send cards...although my husband thinks I just swap...

Went to 5th level uplines today for a class she is offering...a scrapbook for a year (she does this every year) so this year is using our 5" chipboard book and punches - really cute. I have to print out my months yet, but when I get it done I will take photos and prolly post a couple to my blog...I will let you know when I get that done. She offers the class to her downline at cost. It was really fun and fast. I was done in just over an hour and I dawdled along.

Saturday is my All Birthday Card class and I hope to post those after the class too. It was a pre-purchase of Best Ever Kit and uses Party Hearty (duh, goes on sale in October - wish I had known that before doing this class!).

Off to HOME group tonight.

Happy Stamping.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2008, 03:30 PM   #418  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Ah, yes, send cards...although my husband thinks I just swap...

Went to 5th level uplines today for a class she is offering...a scrapbook for a year (she does this every year) so this year is using our 5" chipboard book and punches - really cute. I have to print out my months yet, but when I get it done I will take photos and prolly post a couple to my blog...I will let you know when I get that done. She offers the class to her downline at cost. It was really fun and fast. I was done in just over an hour and I dawdled along.

Saturday is my All Birthday Card class and I hope to post those after the class too. It was a pre-purchase of Best Ever Kit and uses Party Hearty (duh, goes on sale in October - wish I had known that before doing this class!).

Off to HOME group tonight.

Happy Stamping.

It's all good. You are just whetting their appetite for Party Hearty in Oct!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2008, 04:06 PM   #419  
Stazon Splitcoast

Something I've been thinking about for awhile is staring a "card ministry" for lack of a better term for the kids and parents of the heart disease support group I am part of. These children - babies many of them - all have a form of cardiomyopathy. While common in adults, it is fairly rare in children and the prognosis isn't great. 1/3 get better, 1/3 stay the same and 1/3 need a transplant and/or die. I don't know if I've shared, but my son, Drew, was diagnosed with two heart conditions, one of them a type of cardiomyopathy when he was 6 months old. He is now 4 and for the time being, is part of the first 1/3 and I am very grateful. He will definitely need a catheter procedure someday and we will always be on guard for the return of the really serious, life-threathening heart disease. Unfortunately, we have several members of my support group in hospitals awaiting transplants, recovering from feeding tube placements and other struggles. Well, I thought I'd start a card drive or something where I could send the child and the parent a card or something to brighten their day.

So, when you're making cards, especially stuff for kids or thinking of you for adults, make an extra or two and put them aside and maybe every once in awhile you can send me a batch to send out to others. Or maybe I could PM you if the need arises and you can send a card directly.

I know it's a lot to ask, but I just feel like I need to do something. Thankfully our hospital stays have been short, but even over the 2-3 days while inpatient, I was going crazy and I can't help but wonder what a card would do to lift the spirits of a mom or child.

Please feel free to send some with your swaps and please proudly sign them with your name and city/state. You don't know how much it means to hear that people all over are pulling for you! Full cards and envelopes are appreciated, but even card fronts will be great - I will turn them in to full cards.

Thanks in advance!
Jen - proud mom of Drew - hypertrophic cardiomyopathy - resolved (for now) and WPW arrythmia syndrome
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2008, 04:30 PM   #420  
Hardware Hotshot

Jen - as another mom who has spent some scary time in the local children's hospital with my DS, I will for sure be putting some in for you to do with as you see fit when I send my swaps. I hope that your son stays in that first 1/3 for a long, long time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2008, 04:39 PM   #421  
Matboard Maniac

Jen-I think this is a wonderful idea as well. I too have spent quite a bit of time in the Children's hospital (and RMH which was great!!) with my son. This is really how I got involved with SU, in a backwards sort of way. I will be sending a few cards for you with my swap as well and please let me know when you need others.

BTW, I loved the PM for the Christmas swap...too cute!! So, I guess you are enabling me to join another swap, but I really NEED to do this so I can send you some cards for the kids and parents, right?!?

I am not sure which set I am using yet, thinking of Punch Pals, but this may change. I will work on my prototype and let you know.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2008, 06:52 PM   #422  
Mad Swapper

Angie- look at it this way... if you do this swap, you are getting your christmas cards done early... at least that is how I am looking at it. I will be sending these out come December 1st.

Jen- I will definitely include a few cards for you for your friends. I will keep your son in my prayers and thoughts to stay in the 1st 1/3.

Well the flood waters receded and no damage done here. i was really worried about it over night.. thanks for the good thoughts all! Only 5 more working days at my old job.. I can't wait until this week is over..

anyone have any advice on BST or ebay for stamp sets? I have so many to get rid of. I need to make room for all my new goodies, and these have to go. I haven't tried ebay before and I am a little nervous to take the first step.

hope you all have a good night all.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2008, 07:28 PM   #423  
Pearl-ExPert

Jen - That is a fabulous outreach. From the sounds of it, you will be receiving a stash with our swaps (mine included). It is truly amazing what a huge impact a little paper and ink can have. Happy to help you out!

P.S. My back-up set is Spotlight on Christmas as this is my class set for October and I will already be working with it...maybe...since there aren't any of this on the list yet.

Liz, I have tried both and have had some sucess with both, but it is not at all predictable...depends on what people are looking for and timing. The upside to BST is no fees to post. There is also webstore http://auctions.webstore.com/index.php you can try. No fees there either. Or if you are in a major metro area, Craigslist...be wary and do not post your personal info there, but again, hit or miss. Check with LSS, there is one here that holds a swap meet - you rent a table and it is like a huge stamp garage sale...it is really crazy, people line up at the door and rush in when they open. They do this a couple times a year. It is $20 and my friend and I split the table cost and well, at least we are guaranteed to get traffic. We did the best there and are planning on doing it again this Oct. Best of luck no matter what you try.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2008, 08:08 PM   #424  
Hardware Hotshot

Liz - glad to hear you were spared the floods. Sounds like the whole middle of the country has really had it this week.

I put some stuff on the BST this weekend for the first time. None of my stamp sets have sold. But I have sold a bunch of Cuttlebug stuff and a few accessories. I really would like to get rid of some of these stamps so I can get new ones. (Or repay my general fund for the ones I've already bought.)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2008, 08:09 PM   #425  
Kookie Creator

Jen - I would be happy to send you some cards with my swaps! Sounds like a fantastic thing you will be doing!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2008, 06:32 AM   #426  
Mad Swapper

Hey Jen, I would like to be in the Christmas swap. Can I do Snow Swirled too? Also, I will send you xtra cards for your card ministry.

You guys I have been so busy! I thought life would calm down but it seems to be busier! I am having a Christmas Card Extraveganza on Saturday and am having my biggest turnout yet! 10 people and 4 are new customers! I am so excited to have such a big turnout! I'm hoping to get a few projects completed that I will offer at my World Card Making Day Event in October, to intice!!!

Speaking of my WCMDE...I was thinking of doing sort of a Card Buffet, but throw in 3D maybe 6x6 scrapbook page, etc. I get the basic consept of the card buffet, but how do you prepare for it? Say I have 10 people coming, do I cut enough of each project so that all 10 could do one of each? What do you do?

I'm having a hard time keeping up with you guys. I wish I could find time to visit every day!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2008, 06:40 AM   #427  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndyCrissyView Post

Speaking of my WCMDE...I was thinking of doing sort of a Card Buffet, but throw in 3D maybe 6x6 scrapbook page, etc. I get the basic consept of the card buffet, but how do you prepare for it? Say I have 10 people coming, do I cut enough of each project so that all 10 could do one of each? What do you do?

I'm having a hard time keeping up with you guys. I wish I could find time to visit every day!
That would be because you are working your business, while I am sitting on my cardmaking tushie at the computer!

My card buffet always includes some 3D items. Those are my money makers. The cards are my "loss leader." Although I don't really take a loss, I just don't make much.

I require people to sign up for the projects they want and prepay--all at least a week in advance. I may make one or two extra of each card/project, depending on how rushed I am. I have a tracking sheet for me, where I list each person and what they signed up for. I print one and cut it up--put each person's "order" on the front of a 6x9 cello bag. I put all the supplies and envelopes in their packet. (Bits and pieces go in clear envies, in front of the card base sheets.)

My events are at my house, so if I need to cut more, I can. On the back of my sample, I have a post-it with all the measurements. I usually put extras in the box of any piece I think they might mess up. Just easier. They always feel bad when they mess up. LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2008, 07:01 AM   #428  
Hardware Hotshot

I basically took my "project" buffet directly from Amy's card buffet. For my WCDE, I am offering 4 cards for $5 and then four 3D items (three of them are $3 each and then there is the spooky spider jar that I am only charging $20 for). The $3 projects have little product in them so they are my money makers here. But the spooky spider jar will help with my sales numbers.

I plan to do my Christmas one in early November with more emphasis on letting them pick what cards to make. I will also offer four or five 3D items they can add on. I really want to offer the "Seasons of Thanks" DE on a frame for one of the projects, and also do a Christmas DE project, maybe the small "Jingle All the Way" on a glass brick? A scrapbook page would be a great idea too. Hummmm. I'll have to start adding those to my project buffets too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2008, 07:59 AM   #429  
Crimping Master

Jen - Count me in for extra cards!

Sounds like you are all busy!

I've got my club this weekend. We're doing 3 projects this month. A mini box in a bag (with a cute shrinky dink embellishment), the broomstick treat bag and a card. I'm happy with how they all turned out.

Back to work! Have a great day!
Missi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2008, 08:04 AM   #430  
Pearl-ExPert

Talking

For those in the new catalog swap...they are officially postal! And as a RAK for the day they have all been upgraded to priority mail (if they weren't already). Thank you all so much for playing with me I had a great time hosting and cannot wait to play again.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2008, 08:16 AM   #431  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

For those in the new catalog swap...they are officially postal! And as a RAK for the day they have all been upgraded to priority mail (if they weren't already). Thank you all so much for playing with me I had a great time hosting and cannot wait to play again.
Wow Lisa! That is very kind of you. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2008, 08:47 AM   #432  
Stazon Splitcoast

Wow, Lisa! Thank you! That was very sweet!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2008, 10:04 AM   #433  
Stazon Splitcoast

Crissy,

Of course you can be in the swap! Did I miss you somehow?! Terribly sorry about that! I'll put you down for Snow Swirled....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2008, 10:09 AM   #434  
Stazon Splitcoast

You gals are the bestest!! Thank you in advance for sending some cards my way...no rush. It's amazing what happens once you reach out to people. I hope the cards will brighten the days of those in the hospital for longer stays. The wait for a heart can be long and recovery from other heart operations lengthy, so I'm sure some cards will cheer and lift some spirits! Whatever you have will be great!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2008, 10:12 AM   #435  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

That is very sweet of you! You didn't have to do that. In fact, I have a feeling I owe YOU money. I found my return envelope on my dining room table (which got cleared off in anticipation of my Fri. night class) with a $5 in it, so at the very least I am sure you didn't receive a return envelope from me, and in my haste, I have no idea if I threw another $5 in the envelope! Please let me know.....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2008, 10:17 AM   #436  
Stazon Splitcoast

Woo Hoo! Looks like we are up to 15 for the Christmas card swap!
I'll PM everyone next week with names/sets chosen, once the sign up deadline has passed. We have a nice assortment! AND I've started mine already!! tee-hee-hee!!!

Nothing like procrastinating getting ready for my Fri. night class. But, really, I'm in good shape. Only one more card to design (idea in head) and cut. All other supplies, cut and scored!! I also have to type up directions, but that can be done on Fri if needed!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2008, 10:33 AM   #437  
Hardware Hotshot

Procrastinating. . . . I have two ladies coming to make calendars in 90 minutes and I still have to go buy some ribbon that I ran out of.

Leaving right now!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2008, 11:18 AM   #438  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by amysingsView Post
I require people to sign up for the projects they want and prepay--all at least a week in advance. I may make one or two extra of each card/project, depending on how rushed I am. I have a tracking sheet for me, where I list each person and what they signed up for. I print one and cut it up--put each person's "order" on the front of a 6x9 cello bag. I put all the supplies and envelopes in their packet. (Bits and pieces go in clear envies, in front of the card base sheets.)
How many projects do you usually offer? I was thining of charging a flat fee to come (around $15) and then they could pick each project they wanted to do at the time of the event. The downside would be having to prepare enough for everyone. I like your idea better!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2008, 11:19 AM   #439  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenguinView Post
Crissy,

Of course you can be in the swap! Did I miss you somehow?! Terribly sorry about that! I'll put you down for Snow Swirled....
Yay! I don't think you missed me, I think I expressed interest on the last thread we had!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2008, 12:32 PM   #440  
Stazon Splitcoast

OMG!! Out of the blue, Jack just came up to me and said he thinks he's decided who he wants to marry!!!! A girl, Nicole, he sits next to!!! He said that she's his best girlfriend!!!!!! ACK!!!! (He's 6 by the way!)
Reply With Quote Likes