Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-24-2008, 10:28 AM   #161  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

okay - for those that attended the HPC in NJ - can you give us non-attendees an idea of what your costs were (outside of transportation there since that will vary....) I need an idea of what to start taking out of my paychecks for the next HPC (wherever it is)........and I am sure I am not the only one who might be interested....

Oh we don't need to know about the $300 booze tab....we got that figured in already right gals????
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2008, 10:47 AM   #162  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

speaking of TX- where is mama ho hiding?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2008, 10:47 AM   #163  
Stazon Splitcoast

LJ- I think it will vary b/c a couple drove there and the rest of us flew in.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2008, 10:52 AM   #164  
Glitter Guru

I prefer not San Antonio especially in the summer. I was working there one day, my wallet was in the car and the credit cards melted! American Express had a good laugh when I called and said why I needed a new card.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2008, 10:54 AM   #165  
Stazon Splitcoast

BTW- kellijo, love your new location!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2008, 10:57 AM   #166  
Stazon Splitcoast

Not counting transportation flight and personal shopping, and with sharing a room, I expect my total bill was about $100 per day.

But that had a LOT to do with Scrappy, SuG, Bonnie and Michele willing to drive us back and forth from the airport and to diffrent locations. Scrappy got almost all our snacks and drinks; Michele also plied us with snacks and drinks; breakfast either came with the room or Scrappy plied us with pastries. Then the crop was $30 and came with lunch, dinner, drinks and snacks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2008, 10:58 AM   #167  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by daiseyfreakView Post
speaking of TX- where is mama ho hiding?
She's got that crazy project until Friday.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2008, 11:18 AM   #168  
Stazon Splitcoast

do we have an idea of dates yet? cause I will book my airfaire as soon as we get location and dates.. the earlier the cheaper..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2008, 11:19 AM   #169  
Stazon Splitcoast

oh and I will be willing to share a room with anyone.. my only thing would be if I have to take Sami with me, that you wont mind her in the room as well..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2008, 11:27 AM   #170  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweetpea111403View Post
oh and I will be willing to share a room with anyone.. my only thing would be if I have to take Sami with me, that you wont mind her in the room as well..
I would never mind sharing with a room with Jessica & Sami.....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2008, 11:31 AM   #171  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

LJ- I think it will vary b/c a couple drove there and the rest of us flew in.
Yea I was wonderin without the airfare for that reason. I usually spend $75-$100 a day on my baseball excursions (especially out on the east coast). But as far as gettin there if it is in TX I am gonna check into the Amtrak....Always wanted to go on the train somewhere.....(and all those luggage restrictions would not be as nasty!

Scotty wants to go back to DisneyWorld in early 09, but with sista due in feb I gotta be careful on what I plan on doing and when. Cause I gotta be here for the BIG event. That baby is gonna be spoiled rotten by her auntie...I already picked up some baby bucky badger socks for him/her...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2008, 11:31 AM   #172  
Stazon Splitcoast

Just heard from mama, yeah, she's working her tail off at her non-ho job!

It stinks to be back at work, ugh, should've just stayed with scrappy and lil bella....................................
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2008, 11:36 AM   #173  
Stazon Splitcoast

I gotta be careful with my finances right now, so even though I would love for it to be soon, I am hoping that it will be a ways away so I can save up my ho-money, b/c with this trip, my trip in October and the recent events with Chris' job and my medical bills, I have to be UBER careful, I"m already on a stamp buying restriction (although the stamps I bought while on vacation don't count b/c I was on VACATION- and that was part of my vacation money). I didn't even buy anything from the retiring list even though I wanted paper and ribbon like mad crazy. Which reminds me, Does anyone have any wild wasabi ribbon they can send me so I can finish a card I want to enter into a card magazine?????? I would love you forever.............................even though I already love my hos, this would mark it in stone...................
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2008, 11:49 AM   #174  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

I gotta be careful with my finances right now, so even though I would love for it to be soon, I am hoping that it will be a ways away so I can save up my ho-money, b/c with this trip, my trip in October and the recent events with Chris' job and my medical bills, I have to be UBER careful, I"m already on a stamp buying restriction (although the stamps I bought while on vacation don't count b/c I was on VACATION- and that was part of my vacation money). I didn't even buy anything from the retiring list even though I wanted paper and ribbon like mad crazy. Which reminds me, Does anyone have any wild wasabi ribbon they can send me so I can finish a card I want to enter into a card magazine?????? I would love you forever.............................even though I already love my hos, this would mark it in stone...................
How much do you need and where do I send it?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2008, 11:56 AM   #175  
Stazon Splitcoast

oh Meredith, you're a doll, for a minute, I was wondering if you meant money or ribbon, lol. I just need enough to wrap around one card and tie it into a bow! So, now I love Meredith FOREVER.......................you can send it to my addy in the lil ho book, and if you don't have it, it's on my polka dot swap first post!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2008, 12:08 PM   #176  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

oh Meredith, you're a doll, for a minute, I was wondering if you meant money or ribbon, lol. I just need enough to wrap around one card and tie it into a bow! So, now I love Meredith FOREVER.......................you can send it to my addy in the lil ho book, and if you don't have it, it's on my polka dot swap first post!
Double stitched or stripped..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2008, 12:23 PM   #177  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcfaddenView Post
I'm a HOLY, as in Church going, Bible teaching, God fearing, very witty, fun loving HO and I don't care who knows it. Well obviously since I just posted it on the web.

Besides the word "holy" is defined as "set apart", it is not defined as conservative, frowning, no dancing on Sunday's, pious you can't have any fun b/c you've accepted Christ as your Savior. And come to think of it, I don't know any Christians that are like that anyway! In fact my Pastor knows I'm a HO and it cracks him up. I was meeting w/him last night and as we were discussing plans for teaching Romans, DJ called, I glanced on the cell and said, Oh, that just DJ HO, I'll call her later. He busted out laughing!

It's a shame something unpleasant happened to you to turn you off, just remember, Christian's are fallible b/c we are human, we aren't perfect aren't trying to be and never will be, but what sets us apart, what makes us holy is that we've accepted the gift of the Son dying on the cross, that's the gospel and that's what has set us apart.

I'm sure this post will be met w/dead silence, but that's okay, I don't mind.
No dead silence here....I also am the same as you although I prefer the toddler bible teaching to the ones that can ask many questions...LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2008, 12:26 PM   #178  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by LauraJeanView Post
okay - for those that attended the HPC in NJ - can you give us non-attendees an idea of what your costs were (outside of transportation there since that will vary....) I need an idea of what to start taking out of my paychecks for the next HPC (wherever it is)........and I am sure I am not the only one who might be interested....

Oh we don't need to know about the $300 booze tab....we got that figured in already right gals????
My flight was a couple hundred and then I roomed with 3 other ladies so my hotel came out to $120 for all 3 nights. And then the other $700 in stamping items....just kidding about the last one....MAYBE!! I highly recommend roomates.

Last edited by chris1josh2; 07-24-2008 at 12:38 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2008, 12:31 PM   #179  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris1josh2View Post
My flight was a couple hundred and then I roomed with 3 other ladies so my hotel came out to $120 for all 3 nights. And then the other $700 in stamping items....just kidding about the last one....MAYBE!! I highly recommend roomates.
I agree....about the roomates. Before Scotty and I became really good friends we went private on our baseball trips, now we save about $700 a piece by going double-rate. Our september trip was $1695 each, but that includes lodging, game tickets to NINE games, and transportation (once we get to Newark). The tickets for the last game @ Yankee Stadium alone cost the owner $325 on average (per ticket)....so I'm thinking it was a GREAT deal this year....

I'm hoping to hook up with a few ho's while I am out there (Jessica and Sami for sure, maybe Scrappy.....)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2008, 12:34 PM   #180  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweetpea111403View Post
I would not mind sharing a room either.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2008, 12:35 PM   #181  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by MHorne5501View Post
Horney Ho reporting in.

Joy, I am sorry to hear that you had so much bad news when you got home. At least you are going to get your stimulus check (even if it did take fighting with the IRS). I wish I had known that you were stuck at the Atlanta airport I would have come up and kept you company.

My vote for the next convention is either NC, GA, TN, SC (or somewhere around there) because then I would be able to drive to it.

I'm pretty sure that I wouldn't be able to do cali. The airfare would probably be to much even though if we did it in San Diego I would be able to stay with a friend but then I would have to take time out to visit family and they would get mad at me for not having the kids.

I could probably do Texas as well (especially if we had it in the fall or winter) so that it wouldn't be so close to the time that I went to the SU Convention.

Anyway, those are my 2 cents.

I am off to get my kids fed now and my daughter ready to go to dance camp. I will talk to you when I get home later.
Marci
Columbus is about an 8 hr drive during buisness hours. I could leave at rush hour AM and get from one to the other before 5 pm!!! w/ lunch and gas break at the KY/ TN border!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2008, 12:37 PM   #182  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrispy1778View Post
Ditto! There are tons of ho's in Texas or near Texas, and if we do it that close to home, the Mama has no reason to not attend.
For the love of all things holy, just not in July or August. I'm a Yankee puss; that heat would kick my keester! LOL

I would, of course, do a midwest gathering ( MI, IL, MO but I can't deal with Ohio's roach population... I've stayed in four hotels there and they all had bugs.. YUCK!! ) as well if that's where we end up.

Though, and this is mostly aimed at Cheryl, I am not attending the MI Mingle. Paying for Spring now when I don't know where Chris'll be working just doesn't work for us.
Okay, have no idea where you were staying...but I have stayed in several here in Columbus, Cincy, and other Ohio cities and not had that problem.
but Heather and I would do a good search first if it is in Columbus...no roach hotel...promise...and Su, we have mice, not Giant rats!!! so don't worry about trying to turn down a street and having a rat eat the car!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2008, 12:38 PM   #183  
Stazon Splitcoast

double stitched please Meredith! Thank you soooooooooo much!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2008, 12:39 PM   #184  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

double stitched please Meredith! Thank you soooooooooo much!
Joy if you need more I can send it....I have happy mail headed your way tomorrow anyway!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2008, 12:39 PM   #185  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by manda_dexView Post
Okay, have no idea where you were staying...but I have stayed in several here in Columbus, Cincy, and other Ohio cities and not had that problem.
but Heather and I would do a good search first if it is in Columbus...no roach hotel...promise...and Su, we have mice, not Giant rats!!! so don't worry about trying to turn down a street and having a rat eat the car!
holy cow, tell me about it, that was CRAZY!

yes, I've never had a problem with roaches in Cincy either, and I'm only an hour from Cincy!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2008, 12:40 PM   #186  
Stazon Splitcoast

ok just went to Wal-Mart on my tiny break from work- if I don't get out of here, I'm gonna need a therapist soon, and printed off some pictures for my office, and I'm not telling which ones I'm hanging up, lol............................................... .....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2008, 12:40 PM   #187  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by manda_dexView Post
I could even put a few of you up if you didn't mind the kiddos sleeping with you...LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2008, 12:41 PM   #188  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Joy if you need more I can send it....I have happy mail headed your way tomorrow anyway!!!
what, happy mail, oh my gosh, do I ever need it!!! Just knowing it's coming makes me happy, thank you, thank you, I can't wait to get it!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2008, 12:41 PM   #189  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

ok just went to Wal-Mart on my tiny break from work- if I don't get out of here, I'm gonna need a therapist soon, and printed off some pictures for my office, and I'm not telling which ones I'm hanging up, lol............................................... .....
You know you got the poll pics for your wall at work...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2008, 12:42 PM   #190  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

what, happy mail, oh my gosh, do I ever need it!!! Just knowing it's coming makes me happy, thank you, thank you, I can't wait to get it!!!!!
I kinda figured you did.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2008, 12:43 PM   #191  
Stazon Splitcoast

Off to bible study ladies....chat with you all tomorrow. Have a great night!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2008, 12:44 PM   #192  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

You know you got the poll pics for your wall at work...
uuuummmmm, yeah, that one's not printed off yet.............saving that until Chris says ok to the next ho convention!!! and even if it was, I don't think I'd be posting that up at work, would kind of ruin my credibility as a therapist....... I didn't realize I didn't tell Chris that we were ho's, lol, I had to explain my shirt to him...........
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2008, 12:47 PM   #193  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

uuuummmmm, yeah, that one's not printed off yet.............saving that until Chris says ok to the next ho convention!!! and even if it was, I don't think I'd be posting that up at work, would kind of ruin my credibility as a therapist....... I didn't realize I didn't tell Chris that we were ho's, lol, I had to explain my shirt to him...........
Oh no....he's never gonna leave you with us again!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2008, 12:55 PM   #194  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey....
so, I have to get upstairs to get some stuff done before they wake up...but had to say I miss you all
If we do Texas, I am up for roomies
If we do here, I have one spare bedroom,
and a basement with a super great couch that sucks you in... lots of room for a blow up matress, and then another couch our our main floor...if needed another blowup matress can fit in the office w/ room to spare...
I am about 15-20 min tops from Easton Town Center..where there is a M's, J's and Archievers...there are great hotels there, and several between here and there. Plus we are close to the airport..so no problem picking up and dropping off!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2008, 12:55 PM   #195  
Stazon Splitcoast

okay I will catch up LATER I have to go to DMV to get my id-card renewed so I can have a few in Milwaukee this weekend Darn drinkin-ID is gonna cost me $28! They should throw in a 6-pack with that dontcha think????
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2008, 12:58 PM   #196  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by LauraJeanView Post
okay I will catch up LATER I have to go to DMV to get my id-card renewed so I can have a few in Milwaukee this weekend Darn drinkin-ID is gonna cost me $28! They should throw in a 6-pack with that dontcha think????
I'll drink to that!
Attached Images

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2008, 12:58 PM   #197  
Stazon Splitcoast

Joy will just have to bring him. We need technical support for our laptops and a designated driver
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2008, 12:58 PM   #198  
Stazon Splitcoast

ok, so if we do it by Manda and Heather, i could swing that more easily than Texas b/c I can just drive to Columbus!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2008, 01:00 PM   #199  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by yoorahView Post
Joy will just have to bring him. We need technical support for our laptops and a designated driver
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! he did write me a note and leave it on my computer when I got home stating that him and Polo decided that they were going with me next time........................so don't even think that is an option, so don't go encouraging that!!!!!!!!! i'm just gonna ignore you said that.............................................. .......

plus if he goes with me, who's gonna mow the lawn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2008, 01:04 PM   #200  
Stazon Splitcoast

yeah If we do Texas, I want a roomie! But I don't think I could room with a baby b/c I have a baby phobia.........................I can only do kids like 2 y/o and up.........................yeah, gonna be problematic when I have kids someday- do they pop right out being 2 y/o? If so, sign me up.............

ok, puppies, I can handle, but I don't think I can train my kid to go to the bathroom outside with Polo and stuff.........They would probably be made fun of when they got to school...............
Reply With Quote Likes