Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-28-2008, 11:37 AM   #761  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by InkonmyhandsView Post
Hi Ho's!

Busy weekend again. Friday I went to see the author, Micheal Brown, speak on his book The Presence Process. He was wonderful. Saturday I went shopping for a good part of the day with my daughter. Sunday was not so good. My almost 20 yr. old son was playing with his potato gun and it wasn't working right so I guess he put it up some where close to his face to check out the problem and the back of it blew off lighting his hair, eyebrows, eyelashes, and facial hair on fire. Luckly his friend was there to pat the fire out. He burnt very little of his eye but he now has no eyebrow, eyelashes, facial hair, short shaved hair and a big burned eyelid on his left side. Had to take him to the ER. The doctor said every thing should heal o.k. except he probably won't have a eyebrow or very little. If that is the worst case he is o.k. My son has two fake bones behind his eardrum and they weren't affected either so that was good. If his eyebrow doesn't grow back you may never notice because he has such light colored hair. He is resting as comfortably as he can on the couch with his girlfriend watching movies. I am caught up on everything here.

Bonnie
Bonnie...yikes, glad he will be ok, my well wishes go out to him!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2008, 11:41 AM   #762  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by ckribsView Post
I on for just a minute as I am at work (am I ever anywhere else). Anyway, I didn't get a chance to read all the thread but am I ever excited about the possibility of the next PCH being in Ohio. Since I'm from Michigan, Ohio is very doable. I suppose NC or SC could be handled if DJ Ho would go with me we could drive. But Ohio would be better. I have never stayed in a hotel there as we always had the Motorhome (we don't have it any longer) and I don't like bugs so I would give that a lot of thought but just being there with all the Hos and meeting everyone face to face would be awesome. If it is Ohio I think Fall would be better so we don't hit snow storms. I've done that drive before in the snow and it is miserable. Are any Hos going to the MI Mingle 2009?

Here's a shout out to DJ Ho, did you get that wound cleaned up?????
Yes, I just cleaned it..It was looking pretty bad, but I scrubbed it, and she cried, again, but I hope I do not have to take her back to the clinic..they will really scrub it...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2008, 11:43 AM   #763  
Stazon Splitcoast

To my ho's...I will already be in Columbus, Ohio for my daughters cheerleading convention...i would so be there...of course I have to attend the cheer, but this would actually work for me ..so if you chose these dates...April 3rd thru the 5th or so....I CAN MEET YOU!!MWAH
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2008, 12:01 PM   #764  
Mad Swapper

Beginning of April works for me-whenever!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2008, 12:01 PM   #765  
Stazon Splitcoast

Ok, so I feel like chatting. In between re-decorating my dd bedroom, I am playing on here. We have turned her room into a very cool and hip little place to stay. Matter of fact, I think I would like to hang out in there now. The new bedspread is white with green, pink, purple and light purle polka-dots in it...they curtains match.

The DD took a nasty spill on a crotch rocket, lol..yeah I know, she is a ho in training.( For you that are thinking something else, it is a very fast mini mororized bike, not a hand tool.)
We were at a friends party over the weekend and the big guys were riding the 4 wheelers and bikes all around the back acres and the kids were in the front. So my DD gets on there and comes around street side and "got some air" and flew onto her right shoulder, elbow and knee. Yes this is the same daughter that does cheer. So long story short, she is all bandaged up and I velcroed her to her new bedspread so nothing else happens to her...MEAH
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2008, 12:01 PM   #766  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ang SView Post
Beginning of April works for me-whenever!
Love the proud pics AngS
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2008, 12:03 PM   #767  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherthosestampsView Post
Ok, so I feel like chatting. In between re-decorating my dd bedroom, I am playing on here. We have turned her room into a very cool and hip little place to stay. Matter of fact, I think I would like to hang out in there now. The new bedspread is white with green, pink, purple and light purle polka-dots in it...they curtains match.

The DD took a nasty spill on a crotch rocket, lol..yeah I know, she is a ho in training.( For you that are thinking something else, it is a very fast mini mororized bike, not a hand tool.)We were at a friends party over the weekend and the big guys were riding the 4 wheelers and bikes all around the back acres and the kids were in the front. So my DD gets on there and comes around street side and "got some air" and flew onto her right shoulder, elbow and knee. Yes this is the same daughter that does cheer. So long story short, she is all bandaged up and I velcroed her to her new bedspread so nothing else happens to her...MEAH
OMG!!!! Give Callie a BIG hug from me DJ....

And I Know all about those crotch rockets - my cousins had em when we were kids, a BLAST to ride!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2008, 12:05 PM   #768  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by daiseyfreakView Post
I don't claim my in-laws at ALL. My father in law didn't even come to our wedding because he had to work- seriously, come on now.

Bonnie, take care of yourself, don't forget that!!! Glad he is ok!
I'm with you...my in-laws suck...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2008, 12:05 PM   #769  
Stazon Splitcoast

April is def better for me.....airfares are generally cheaper after spring break is over. I think 4/18 is the 2009 Badger Spring Football game, so either of the two weekends before that will be FINE with me.....WAHOO!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2008, 12:06 PM   #770  
Watercolor Wizard

Did someone say snow storms??? WTH?? Are there really snow storms there in April??
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2008, 12:07 PM   #771  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by LauraJeanView Post
OMG!!!! Give Callie a BIG hug from me DJ....

And I Know all about those crotch rockets - my cousins had em when we were kids, a BLAST to ride!
I sure will...I just opened your card you sent. Thanks, that was so nice. Love the pic..going in my scrappin room! I almost went on this rocket, but I came to my sences real quick.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2008, 12:08 PM   #772  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlandrumView Post
Did someone say snow storms??? WTH?? Are there really snow storms there in April??
Once it snowed on Easter. With the weather we have right now, maybe it will be sunny and hot in winter...lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2008, 12:10 PM   #773  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I sure will...I just opened your card you sent. Thanks, that was so nice. Love the pic..going in my scrappin room! I almost went on this rocket, but I came to my sences real quick.
You are so welcome! Knew you would like the pic I'm still waiting for those darn FB Eyelets to come so I can work on your swap....Geez.

I got a really nice pic of scotty and I @ the game this weekend let me know if you want a copy and I will e-mail it to you. He totally spoiled me for my birthday......$30 JoAnn's GC (which was spent Saturday).

Still waiting for those extra swap cards for Suzanna - what day did you mail them?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2008, 12:13 PM   #774  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

You are so welcome! Knew you would like the pic I'm still waiting for those darn FB Eyelets to come so I can work on your swap....Geez.

I got a really nice pic of scotty and I @ the game this weekend let me know if you want a copy and I will e-mail it to you. He totally spoiled me for my birthday......$30 JoAnn's GC (which was spent Saturday).

Still waiting for those extra swap cards for Suzanna - what day did you mail them?
You should be getting those by Wednesday at the latest. I though Paul dropped them Friday, so I dropped them Saturday. There were 4 more in there, so total of 24. plus I put shipping money back in it. Would you mind putting them in a big plastic bag for me, so she can mail them back to me when she swaps. Thanks. Yes, would love to see the pic.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2008, 12:15 PM   #775  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Love the proud pics AngS
They were! This was Callie's (the youngest) first year as a Cloverbuds (that is for the ages 5-8 that aren't old enough to be in 4-H but they still meet and learn about the program and what different projects are offered) This was Emily's last year next year she get to be in the "big" club. She already has her projects picked out to take next year - Citizenship, Party Planning, Baking, Photography and Beef (she will start out small with a bucket calf at least for her first year) Even though I was that young showing those 2100 pound animals I don't think I could let my little girl do that yet - still alittle protective!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2008, 12:18 PM   #776  
Mad Swapper

Wow all the injuries going on around here:
Bonnie I am soooooooooooooooooooo glad your son is going to okay - OMG that is so scary
Cheryl - your daughter is lucky also - nothing hurts more than a good old road rash - ouch
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2008, 12:21 PM   #777  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

You should be getting those by Wednesday at the latest. I though Paul dropped them Friday, so I dropped them Saturday. There were 4 more in there, so total of 24. plus I put shipping money back in it. Would you mind putting them in a big plastic bag for me, so she can mail them back to me when she swaps. Thanks. Yes, would love to see the pic.
Yup - allready got the others in a big ziploc with your name and addy on em Everything is ready to go - just waiting for the other four to come walkin' in the door and I will mail em out to her priority. I will send you the pic tonight when I get home (around 6pm-ish). I have to go the post office to mail off a canadian swap (and buy some stamps) & then go to aunties to say hello and pick up mail. Our annual church meeting was yesterday so she had no visitors. Usually my mom and dad go visit her Sunday (they went Saturday). So I'll go say hello to her. She never really did get rid of me....

LJ
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2008, 12:22 PM   #778  
Mad Swapper

Joy- IN LAWS - don't get me started on them - good thing my DH doesn't get along much with his mother/sister/and brothers that way I really don't have to be around them that much.
But on the other hand he has awesome aunt and uncles that we love to be around just not his immediate family
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2008, 01:38 PM   #779  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by MHorne5501View Post
Good morning ladies! There sure was a lot of chatter last night after I went to bed. Ok, I was trying to save up all of my comments from all of the posts and just make one post and now I have forgotten what I was going to say to everyone. I am so flaky right now. I am trying to pack for the SU convention and also finish my swaps for it. I can't believe that it's time to go already I am so excited. Sadly I didn't get as many swaps done as I would have liked though.

Manda, I can PM you the page numbers and what not for your swap if you want to get it out there since I will be getting the new catalog tomorrow. I will also try and post some pictures for everyone to see.

Well I better go and work on my packing because sitting here typing is not getting it done.
Marci
Sounds like a winner to me!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2008, 01:45 PM   #780  
Stazon Splitcoast

Attention everyone.
I request a poll be put on this thead

Okay, I am tired...mainly from still trying to catch up on everything from the last trip, then this is still a year away, and I am already tired.

So here is my suggestion to appeal to the masses
I get that other's may not want to come to Ohio
I get that we have ho's all across North America...not just the states, but Canada also.
I get that not everyone has the funds to travel
I get that not everyone wants to host
I get that no time will everyone agree on everything.

So here is a suggestion.
I am withdrawling my name/ and Columbus from being the hosted area

I suggest putting a poll up over the weekend...and between now and then, anyone who wants to host... post on here... then this weekend...put the poll up...which ever location by the end of Aug. has the most votes will host. That way....(as someone suggested) the place that the most people can attend, will host.
That way it is not by Whom, is hosting, but where it is hosted.

Here are what I have read so far on here..but I know I have missed some...so please chime in...Pls also mark it in the title as a Host City, so it does not get missed.

Does this sound FAIR to everyone..since it has been one week since the last one ended, and more drama!!!!

Possible sites:
North Carolina (Elizabeth mentioned)
Indiana (joy' mentioned)
Michigan (cheryl and others mentioned)
California...(sorry, for those that want it here, pls. say which city)
Texas (again, pls. specify which city)

If anyone else wants to throw a city into the ring, you have all week to do so!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2008, 01:50 PM   #781  
Glitter Guru

What does hosting entail?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2008, 01:51 PM   #782  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by InkonmyhandsView Post
Hi Ho's!

Busy weekend again. Friday I went to see the author, Micheal Brown, speak on his book The Presence Process. He was wonderful. Saturday I went shopping for a good part of the day with my daughter. Sunday was not so good. My almost 20 yr. old son was playing with his potato gun and it wasn't working right so I guess he put it up some where close to his face to check out the problem and the back of it blew off lighting his hair, eyebrows, eyelashes, and facial hair on fire. Luckly his friend was there to pat the fire out. He burnt very little of his eye but he now has no eyebrow, eyelashes, facial hair, short shaved hair and a big burned eyelid on his left side. Had to take him to the ER. The doctor said every thing should heal o.k. except he probably won't have a eyebrow or very little. If that is the worst case he is o.k. My son has two fake bones behind his eardrum and they weren't affected either so that was good. If his eyebrow doesn't grow back you may never notice because he has such light colored hair. He is resting as comfortably as he can on the couch with his girlfriend watching movies. I am caught up on everything here.

Bonnie
Bonnie,
OMG< I am so sorry... but I am happy to hear that he is doing alright... sending him well wishes!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2008, 01:54 PM   #783  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlandrumView Post
it's been known to happen... Easter here can either have snow, or beautiful 60 degree weather
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2008, 01:57 PM   #784  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by kafranciView Post
What does hosting entail?
I would say as the hostess of the city, you would work out the hotel, getting group rate pricing, and see if you can locate a place for us all to work/ stamp...whether it be in a conference room, or LSS, or something like that.
then have places printed out, or chosen for food, shopping, etc.
REally, that is it..but you will need to know the dates, and est. number of attending....anything else on top of that is gravy... I know that Yvonne totally out did herself, but I don't think anyone is expected to meet, or exceed what she did...so those are some basics.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2008, 01:58 PM   #785  
Stazon Splitcoast

marking spot read.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2008, 02:02 PM   #786  
Hardware Hotshot

If anyone is for Kansas, I can take a shot at hosting as well... you would have a lot of time to stamp/scrapbook since Topeka is NOT known for sightseeing!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2008, 02:04 PM   #787  
Glitter Guru

I'd be happy to do Raleigh or help cricketeew with Charlotte as much as I can...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2008, 02:08 PM   #788  
Stazon Splitcoast

I agree, we all have to understand that somewhere along the line, probably more than one person is going to be disappointed b/c the date or location just won't be do-able, b/c it's hard to pick a place/date that would accomodate 40 or 50 hos!! Thanks for at least offering Manda, and I understand your decision. Take care of yourself, that is most important.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2008, 02:17 PM   #789  
Forum Fanatic

Topeka not host to signtseeing? Poppy-****! There is the cows, the fields, the barns, the rail road, the capital building, the open space, the roaming hills, Wanamaker along could take you a year and a half of shopping….OMG! There is also a zoo, the Wizard of Oz museum is in Witchatwa (spelling?) I believe, theres the casino that’s only about 30 mins away…and if we go in July I can go to my Great Grandmas house and the fiesta!

Those you that don’t know I have a lot of family out there, in fact I missed the first few days of the first convention due to being in Kansas….LOL

Hobby Lobby, Michaels, Joanns….
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2008, 02:41 PM   #790  
Stazon Splitcoast

We need a little laugh here:

Pregnancy, Estrogen, and Women

PREGNANCY Q & A & more!

Should I have a baby after 35?
A: No, 35 children is enough.

Q : I'm two months pregnant now. When will my baby move?
A: With any luck, right after he finishes college.

Q : What is the most reliable method to determine a baby's sex?
A: Childbirth.

Q: My wife is five months pregnant and so moody that sometimes she's borderline irrational.
A: So what's your question?

Q : My childbirth instructor says it's not pain I'll feel during labor, but pressure. Is she right?
A: Yes, in the same way that a tornado might be called an air current.

Q: When is the best time to get an epidural?
A: Right after you find out you're pregnant.

Q : Is there any reason I have to be in the delivery room while my wife is in labor?
A: Not unless the word "alimony" means anything to you.

Q: Is there anything I should avoid while recovering from childbirth?
A: Yes, pregnancy.

Q : Do I have to have a baby shower?
A: Not if you change the baby's diaper very quickly.

Q : Our baby was born last week. When will my wife begin to feel and act normal again?
A: When the kids are in college.

"ESTROGEN ISSUES"

10 WAYS TO KNOW IF YOU HAVE "ESTROGEN ISSUES"

1. Everyone around you has an attitude problem.
2. You're adding chocolate chips to your cheese omelet.
3. The dryer has shrunk every last pair of your jeans.
4. Your husband is suddenly agreeing to everything you say.
5. You 're using your cellular phone to dial up every bumper sticker that says: "How's my driving-call 1- 800-".
6. Everyone's head looks like an invitation to batting practice.
7. Everyone seems to have just landed here from "outer space."
9. You're sure that everyone is scheming to drive you crazy.
10. The ibuprofen bottle is empty and you bought it yesterday.

TOP TEN THINGS ONLY WOMEN UNDERSTAND
10. Cats' facial expressions.
9. The need for the same style of shoes in different colors.
8. Why bean sprouts aren't just weeds.
7. Fat clothes.
6. Taking a car trip without trying to beat your best time.
5. The difference between beige, ecru, cream, off-white, and eggshell.
4. Cutting your hair to make it grow.
3. Eyelash curlers.
2. The inaccuracy of every bathroom scale ever made.

AND, the Number One thing only women understand:

1. OTHER WOMEN

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2008, 02:45 PM   #791  
Glitter Guru

Default Host city

I would be willing to host if anyone would like to come to Montana!!! If it was during the summer we could do the tourist thing and go to Glacier National Park. Also my parents have a lake lot at Lake Blaine we can go to during the day, or I could find a place at Flathead Lake or another of the many lakes we have near here. As far as a place to gather to stamp, we have a very large scapbook store called All About Memories website address http://www.scrapbookstoremt.com. I also know of several 4-H and Bible camps that can be rented to use for the weekend and in fact thier have been several scrapbook retreats held at them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2008, 02:50 PM   #792  
Stazon Splitcoast

To all the ladies offering to host, a bit THANK YOU!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2008, 02:51 PM   #793  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I would be willing to host if anyone would like to come to Montana!!! If it was during the summer we could do the tourist thing and go to Glacier National Park. Also my parents have a lake lot at Lake Blaine we can go to during the day, or I could find a place at Flathead Lake or another of the many lakes we have near here. As far as a place to gather to stamp, we have a very large scapbook store called All About Memories website address http://www.scrapbookstoremt.com. I also know of several 4-H and Bible camps that can be rented to use for the weekend and in fact thier have been several scrapbook retreats held at them.
ooooh this sounds pretty!!

how do we do the poll thingie???????????? Lol, I probably wont even vote for my state!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2008, 02:56 PM   #794  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by daiseyfreakView Post
ooooh this sounds pretty!!

how do we do the poll thingie???????????? Lol, I probably wont even vote for my state!
Maybe I should play dirty and post pictures from the area It is very beautiful here!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2008, 03:27 PM   #795  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Maybe I should play dirty and post pictures from the area It is very beautiful here!!!!
I love Montana and especially the area you are in. It is really beautiful. I think it's been about 9 years since I was up there. I would love to come again.
Marci
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2008, 03:30 PM   #796  
Stazon Splitcoast

Glacier Park is so on the list of the next National Park I want to visit (preferably before all the Glacier melts)!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2008, 03:47 PM   #797  
Stazon Splitcoast

Evening everyone....

I just got home from visiting with my auntie & got some bad news. My uncle (my mom's brother) has cancer. They found out friday but my auntie is taking it really hard. Her DB means everything to her (as well as the rest of the family ~ he's been a HUGE influence on me) So please say a little prayer for them. He has a wonderful wife, 2 children, and 3 grandsons. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2008, 03:53 PM   #798  
Stazon Splitcoast

ok, if we go to the lake, Yoorah has to cook for us on a huge bonfire!!!! lol Right girls?????????

Karen, so funny, lol, playing dirty by wanting to post pics, I can post pictures of my pole, lol........... as if you guys haven't already seen me pole dancing or somethin.....................
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2008, 03:54 PM   #799  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Evening everyone....

I just got home from visiting with my auntie & got some bad news. My uncle (my mom's brother) has cancer. They found out friday but my auntie is taking it really hard. Her DB means everything to her (as well as the rest of the family ~ he's been a HUGE influence on me) So please say a little prayer for them. He has a wonderful wife, 2 children, and 3 grandsons. Thanks!
LJ, so sorry to hear this, will def. say a lil prayer and more!! Hugs to you and your aunt and uncle.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2008, 04:07 PM   #800  
Glitter Guru

Montana sounds like a good place to take the hubby and kids - let them geocache during the day while I play with you all !
Reply With Quote Likes