Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-27-2008, 07:16 AM   #481  
Gallery Gazer

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherthosestampsView Post
Hi Honey, how are you. Looking to help you....
Delfinaus has the pics...thank for the help Daisy...I was ignoring Annie's Pantry...Hey DJ.

Oh my gosh, now I know why I don't cook! I made spaghetti sauce this morning, ate too much and now feel sick to my stomach. I may have to lay down, didn't feel too good yesterday either!
So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. 1 Cor 10:31
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2008, 07:30 AM   #482  
Forum Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey MacHappy~ I haven't chatted with you in awhile. Off to church so I will try and catch up with you! MWAH!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2008, 07:34 AM   #483  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Annie's PantryView Post
Bumping to see if I can join....

My original post in #309...

"oooooooo.....sneaking in for a peek!!!!!

I was posting a new thread for a Scrapbook/Swap/Stamp Fest to be held soon at my house, when I came acrossed this post. So... I done some sneaking around, Hope no one minds???? And I think I am interested in becoming a HO.

At least I think I meet all the right qualifications.... I love to stamp (obsession), I hoard paper, I stash embellies, I buy anything that looks like it would stick on something else, I treasure my family (especially in photos ), I collect shoeboxes and I have swapped with some of the best... (like the Travlin' HO, LynetteA.)

So How do I get a Word with MA MA HO?

I would like to become "THE PANTRY HO" if possible....."

Not that I'm saying that you aren't deserving of being a Ho, but ...

Being a Ho means that you have joined tons of the other Ho's swaps and turned in your exceptional swaps on time and follow all requirements. It also means you are never allowed to flake on a swap -EVER! The Hos protect each other from bad swaps and pretty much close ranks when someone screws up a swap or is rude/nasty to another Ho. Finally, simply asking to become a Ho is not the way to go. Mama Ho has to watch and see herself that you are deserving of being a Ho and then SHE will contact YOU! She chooses your Ho name, based on what she thinks is appropriate. We do not annoy Mama (or her assistants) - EVER! Like any good pimp, she treats her girls great, so long as none of us give her any lip, and continue to peddle a great 'product'. HTH!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2008, 07:41 AM   #484  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey Kash~ Hope you feel better! I'm bouncing with excitement! I can't wait to meet y'all in Austin! (And that is not an affectation...I am from the Northeast and I still say "y'all!"...course, I also say "FUGGETABOUTIT! " ;) :rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2008, 07:46 AM   #485  
Glitter Guru

I've been catching up on all the chatting and all this talk about Ho's and becoming a Ho had to make me think about a couple instances.

Like explaining it to my husband!!! LOL!!! It was really funny!!! He wasn't quite getting it, I thing he was so hung up on the words like Ho and Boinking he couldn't really follow what I was saying!!!

Then I was checking my emails at work one day and a coworker (who is also my BF) was standing by me and asked what Fancy Franci Ho meant so I had to explain. You know it hard to explain to someone who isn't a Ho!!! and especially to someone who doesn't stamp!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2008, 07:52 AM   #486  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by kafranciView Post
I've been catching up on all the chatting and all this talk about Ho's and becoming a Ho had to make me think about a couple instances.

Like explaining it to my husband!!! LOL!!! It was really funny!!! He wasn't quite getting it, I thing he was so hung up on the words like Ho and Boinking he couldn't really follow what I was saying!!!

Then I was checking my emails at work one day and a coworker (who is also my BF) was standing by me and asked what Fancy Franci Ho meant so I had to explain. You know it hard to explain to someone who isn't a Ho!!! and especially to someone who doesn't stamp!!
lol! It is tough, but boy can it be funny to watch the unenlightened twist in the wind trying to figure it out! Ya shoulda all seen the waiter on the first night of the HPC trying to figure out if we were "real Ho's" (which of course we told him we are!), and what a Ho does (with the funny and suggestive answers we gave, he hadn't the slightest idea still when we left!)! LMAO! It can be FUN!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2008, 07:53 AM   #487  
Stazon Splitcoast

my girlfriend just left and when she was looking at my pictures, she asked what the hats were about and I tried to explain it to her, and she said, when you said you were part of a group of ho's, I thought you were joking....................
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2008, 07:58 AM   #488  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by kafranciView Post

Try explaining it to your pastor whom you teach Adult Bible Study w/9 months out of the year. Thankfully Paul has a great sense of humor, loves my cards and has known me (even the bad stuff) for over 20 years. So (as I posted earlier) he just cracks up when a ho calls during an in depth discussion on justification and I say "Oh, that's DJ ho I'll call her on my way home."

NDN (next door neighbor) just shakes his head, what he doesn't get is the sending of stuff (not swaps, he loves those!) to each other. His response is, isn't there a WalMart in Michigan? or New York, why are you sending a dog toy to some woman in NY that you've never met? Aren't there WalMarts in New York? I said straight faced, No she doesn't have one, not even a Dollar General.
So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. 1 Cor 10:31
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2008, 08:02 AM   #489  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcfaddenView Post
Try explaining it to your pastor whom you teach Adult Bible Study w/9 months out of the year. Thankfully Paul has a great sense of humor, loves my cards and has known me (even the bad stuff) for over 20 years. So (as I posted earlier) he just cracks up when a ho calls during an in depth discussion on justification and I say "Oh, that's DJ ho I'll call her on my way home."

NDN (next door neighbor) just shakes his head, what he doesn't get is the sending of stuff (not swaps, he loves those!) to each other. His response is, isn't there a WalMart in Michigan? or New York, why are you sending a dog toy to some woman in NY that you've never met? Aren't there WalMarts in New York? I said straight faced, No she doesn't have one, not even a Dollar General.
wow! really? What's a 'Walmart'? What is "Dollar General'? ....a military surplus store? :rolleyes: ;) :p :mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2008, 08:09 AM   #490  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by urscrappymamaView Post
Hey Kash~ Hope you feel better! I'm bouncing with excitement! I can't wait to meet y'all in Austin! (And that is not an affectation...I am from the Northeast and I still say "y'all!"...course, I also say "FUGGETABOUTIT! " ;) :rolleyes:
Well, I had (insert dejected smilie here) Yankee parents...so I say "you guys" no matter what sex I'm directing the comment to....I prefer Pepsi & Diet RC Cola over ANY Coke product...and truth be known, I really don't like fried chicken or sweet tea.

I ate some chocolate, Reese's miniatures, *swoon* that should make me feel better!

Bounce all ya want, just don't pee in your pants like either Yoorah or Hueara.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2008, 08:13 AM   #491  
Stazon Splitcoast

I say "you guys" so much, even Annabella uses it! lol! HO -EVER...

We love our Coke products., Fried Chixken and Sweet Tea here! Annabellas favorite drink is Sweet Tea! (HEY! She just finished hers and is working on mine! :rolleyes

Chocolate IS def. the cure all!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2008, 08:19 AM   #492  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Splitcoast Challenge Host

OK checking in.... I have to agree with Scrappy!!! Ho's NEVER flake and ESPECIALLY ON EACH OTHERS SWAPS...to do so... **GASP** NO WAY UH UH!!! THUS my $80 shipping fee to be ON TIME....There is NO EXCUSE TO FLAKE!!!! Of course I personally have had to let a hostess know that I wouldn't be able to complete (which killed me) but...KWIM????

We all try SOOO hard to do right by each other and when I hear about someone NOT .....UGH! Makes me SOOO MAD!:twisted:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2008, 08:43 AM   #493  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 68 Likes on 35 Posts

Clarification: If you have a good reason for being unable to complete a swap, (ie intrusion of your "other" life - which some mistakenly label as reality ;) such as kids, work, finances, health, etc.) AND you let the hostess know IN ADVANCE of the due date, THAT is not considered flaking. We Ho's after all are not heartless and frankly, some of the darn nicest people I've come across.

Now just being a bad planner, turning in crappy swaps, not communicating as a swapee or swapor, being inconsiderate enough to be chronically late, etc., and being mean or nasty to the other Hos, just is not allowed and you should just find yourself another sandbox to play in. That by the way, I think applies to life in general, not just to swap Ho ;)

Last edited by yoorah; 07-27-2008 at 08:52 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2008, 08:46 AM   #494  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by yoorahView Post
Clarification: If you have a good reason for being unable to complete a swap, (ie intrusion of your "other" life such as kids, work, finances, etc.) AND you let the hostess know in advance, THAT is not flaking. We Ho's after all are not heartless and frankly, some of the darn nicest people I've come across.
Thanks Yoorah! :mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2008, 08:47 AM   #495  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by KelliJoView Post
OK checking in.... I have to agree with Scrappy!!! Ho's NEVER flake and ESPECIALLY ON EACH OTHERS SWAPS...to do so... **GASP** NO WAY UH UH!!! THUS my $80 shipping fee to be ON TIME....There is NO EXCUSE TO FLAKE!!!! Of course I personally have had to let a hostess know that I wouldn't be able to complete (which killed me) but...KWIM????

We all try SOOO hard to do right by each other and when I hear about someone NOT .....UGH! Makes me SOOO MAD!:twisted:
I know exactly what you mean. I had to back out of a couple of swaps recently and it was the hardest thing that I have ever had to do. I just felt so guilty but I also knew that there was no way possilble for me to get them done.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2008, 08:50 AM   #496  
Hardware Hotshot

Hi guys... how is everyone doing??? I can't wait till this fall to jump back into some swaps when I feel normal again... I am trying to crank out home made thank you cards from my shower yesterday and it is about to kill me... Anyway, I hope is well and I miss chatting with you guys.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2008, 09:01 AM   #497  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning Scrappy! (and for those who don't already know and love Scrappy, she definitely on top of that list of the nicest person I've come across! - I think her heart is actually larger then Alaska!)

Hi Laura!

Mel Mel! I can't wait to meet you in October!

I really really hope you're going to be able to make it Joy Joy!

Kellijo - we still think you were crazy spending $80 for shipping! You know the Hos do allow occasional grace period

HI MA MA!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2008, 09:01 AM   #498  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey there Laura! How are ya feeling?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2008, 09:16 AM   #499  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Morning Scrappy! (and for those who don't already know and love Scrappy, she definitely on top of that list of the nicest person I've come across! - I think her heart is actually larger then Alaska!)

Hi Laura!

Mel Mel! I can't wait to meet you in October!

I really really hope you're going to be able to make it Joy Joy!

Kellijo - we still think you were crazy spending $80 for shipping! You know the Hos do allow occasional grace period

HI MA MA!!!!
Mine was $50.00 for 2 boxes, but that includes return too! So KJ, I hope the return isn't that expensive. But then you also signed up for 2 spots which is a huge committment (like WOWZA!) ...geeze I just shudder at the thought of having to alter 8 containers....you sure went above and beyond on this one! Like a true original ho!

Okay, it's definately the sausage in the spaghetti sauce that I ate for breakfast this morning that is not making my tummy mchappy. So I am going to lay on the couch and watch MI3 since I have made progress on Tracey's creativity swap. I paper pierced for the first time! And used stickles galore (thank you Crunchy for the black diamond bottle, it is comming in quite handy!) on the "Couture" card. I'm so happy that DSS is nearly over, now I can upload all the swap cards I've been making to my gallery. That's another project for another day.....

Later all.....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2008, 09:24 AM   #500  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Mine was $50.00 for 2 boxes, but that includes return too! So KJ, I hope the return isn't that expensive. But then you also signed up for 2 spots which is a huge committment (like WOWZA!) ...geeze I just shudder at the thought of having to alter 8 containers....you sure went above and beyond on this one! Like a true original ho!

Okay, it's definately the sausage in the spaghetti sauce that I ate for breakfast this morning that is not making my tummy mchappy. So I am going to lay on the couch and watch MI3 since I have made progress on Tracey's creativity swap. I paper pierced for the first time! And used stickles galore (thank you Crunchy for the black diamond bottle, it is comming in quite handy!) on the "Couture" card. I'm so happy that DSS is nearly over, now I can upload all the swap cards I've been making to my gallery. That's another project for another day.....Later all.....

Kellijo isn't like an original Ho... She IS one of the original Ho's!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2008, 10:07 AM   #501  

Quote:

Awwww, THANKS! :mrgreen: See Why Yoorah said your heart is bigger than Alaska??? LOL !!!!!

OK, work intruded for a minute BUT the Chain left and I released 6 for Good time/sentenced served....SO..... I get to yak til the oven timer goes off...See Mama! I CAN cook!:mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2008, 10:10 AM   #502  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Awwww, THANKS! :mrgreen: See Why Yoorah said your heart is bigger than Alaska??? LOL !!!!!

OK, work intruded for a minute BUT the Chain left and I released 6 for Good time/sentenced served....SO..... I get to yak til the oven timer goes off...See Mama! I CAN cook!:mrgreen:
lol! What are you making? Nachos? ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2008, 10:13 AM   #503  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Maybe she's making cookies. ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2008, 10:15 AM   #504  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

lmao! That was my next guess, but I doubt KelliJo has the long, dragon nails required to bake like Mama!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2008, 10:17 AM   #505  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

ROTFLMAO! In case the rest of you guys are wondering what we're talking about ask Ma Ma Ho ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2008, 10:19 AM   #506  
Stazon Splitcoast

Whachadoin' today Yoorah?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2008, 10:30 AM   #507  

Quote:

ACTUALLY I am "making" Salisbury Steak, with mixed veggies, marble cake with white frosting and a dinner roll. Topped off with Chocolate Milk!:mrgreen: ALL SERVED WITH A SMILE TOO!!!! No lunch lady Dora here!;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2008, 10:31 AM   #508  

Quote:

sans skin......:mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2008, 10:44 AM   #509  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

ACTUALLY I am "making" Salisbury Steak, with mixed veggies, marble cake with white frosting and a dinner roll. Topped off with Chocolate Milk!:mrgreen: ALL SERVED WITH A SMILE TOO!!!! No lunch lady Dora here!;)
Sounds like a TV Dinner to me! ;):p
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2008, 10:44 AM   #510  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey Yoorah...? Where are you??? Annabella wants to talk to ya! :p
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2008, 10:45 AM   #511  

Quote:

Sounds like a TV Dinner to me! ;):p
:oops: WELL....Mama cant even make COOKIES! AT least I can make a TV Dinner!:twisted: LMAO!!! I HATE COOKING!!!! EVEN THESE DAMN THINGS!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2008, 10:46 AM   #512  

Quote:

Hey Yoorah...? Where are you??? Annabella wants to talk to ya! :p
Yea HEiffow where are ya!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2008, 11:32 AM   #513  
Gabfest Goddess

Hey ya'll...the ghost is here to show her presence. I am SOOOO SORRY I haven't been around...I know many of you already know why I'm in hiding...so you understand (I hope). I hate not being the usual suspect making ya'll laugh and sometimes even blush with my dirty little sense on humor! ;) I've been motivating myself to get off my arse and stamp or I'll iron my hands if I don't! SO...I have been breaking out some stamps little by little to get some August swaps DONE AND OUT!!! Hubby said he'll fund my postage...which is all I really need...so I'm thankful to him for that. I'd hate to think of backing out of swaps (only if I REALLY need to)...I've only done it once and MAN was it hard as HELL!!!

I am a bit sad though because a couple of my Ho's have "flaked" out on me without ANY word even after I sent them PM's...but I wont hold it against them...I am not one of the popular ho's! :(

I am so ready to swap back the cocktails swap...so I'll be doing that in bed with a glass of wine tonight before I go mee mees! I'm slowly coming around...so rest assure you'll have your crazy Gabby back...I would hate to be replaced! :eek: LOL!

I've been reading about possible locations besides TX and I'm liking the NC idea! I have a good friend from way back when we were pregnant with our little girls (2003-2004) who I've been dieing to meet and she lives in Charlotte!!! So that would be a great opp. to meet with her as well! I'm digging in cushions and collecting cans (OH YES I HAVE!!!) to scratch up some change to save...LMAO! You have NO IDEA how hard that was for me to say! I always made fun of my mom when she "recycled" and now look at me!!! Hey...a Ho's gotta do what a Ho's gotta do!!! RIGHT?

Anywho...you see the old me pushing thru a bit?

Be back later to chat! I'm gonna take a dip with the kids in the pool and then grab some stamps and sit here to catch up while stamping!

SMOOCHIES!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2008, 11:35 AM   #514  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Get out your dictionary Scrappy,
Like: adjective, having the same characteristics;, similar; equal
#1. as/it's just like he said (It's just like he said or it's just as he said)
#2. as if/it looks like he's late (It looks as if he's late or It looks like he's late)
KelliJo is like an original ho, KelliJo as an original ho
Like as a noun, an equal or counterpart
#3. and the like: others of the same kind

True: faithful, loyal, real, genuine

Original: FIRST, NEVER HAVING BEEN BEFORE; being that from which copies are made

I am paying her a compliment, "you sure went above and beyond on this one! Like a true original ho! Perhaps if I rephrase it you'll be able to understand, "you went above and beyond on this one! As (like) the real (true) first (original) ho. (Although that makes her sound singular, as if there is only one original which we know there are many original ho's.)

I'm going back to the movie, Tom is about to break loose from a stretcher.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2008, 11:57 AM   #515  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 198 Likes on 165 Posts

Quote:

Dare I ask the definition of "really good friends"? Are there benefits? ;) ;)

(LJ don't you dare answer this question, it's really way to personal and none of my business, seriously.)
McFadden, I don't mind answering. Scotty and I met on a baseball tour in 97 & we have been essentially BEST friends ever since. There are no "strings attached". We just hang out, do things together, spend vacations together. He kids me about Bret (oh he knows all about that and he thinks it's cute!) We have talked about taking that "next"s step (we have NEVER kissed mind you) and we just don't want to mess with what is a perfect friendship If I were find someone (on another level) he would be so happy for me and vice versa.

Oh the benefits? I have someone to go to football games with and he DOES NOT MIND! He's actually becoming a pretty big Bucky Fan
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2008, 12:22 PM   #516  
Stazon Splitcoast

wow I sure miss a lot in 3 hours!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2008, 01:17 PM   #517  

Quote:

Originally Posted by FaieeMomView Post
Hey ya'll...the ghost is here to show her presence. I am SOOOO SORRY I haven't been around...I know many of you already know why I'm in hiding...so you understand (I hope). I hate not being the usual suspect making ya'll laugh and sometimes even blush with my dirty little sense on humor! I've been motivating myself to get off my arse and stamp or I'll iron my hands if I don't! SO...I have been breaking out some stamps little by little to get some August swaps DONE AND OUT!!! Hubby said he'll fund my postage...which is all I really need...so I'm thankful to him for that. I'd hate to think of backing out of swaps (only if I REALLY need to)...I've only done it once and MAN was it hard as HELL!!!

I am a bit sad though because a couple of my Ho's have "flaked" out on me without ANY word even after I sent them PM's...but I wont hold it against them...I am not one of the popular ho's! :(

I am so ready to swap back the cocktails swap...so I'll be doing that in bed with a glass of wine tonight before I go mee mees! I'm slowly coming around...so rest assure you'll have your crazy Gabby back...I would hate to be replaced! LOL!

I've been reading about possible locations besides TX and I'm liking the NC idea! I have a good friend from way back when we were pregnant with our little girls (2003-2004) who I've been dieing to meet and she lives in Charlotte!!! So that would be a great opp. to meet with her as well! I'm digging in cushions and collecting cans (OH YES I HAVE!!!) to scratch up some change to save...LMAO! You have NO IDEA how hard that was for me to say! I always made fun of my mom when she "recycled" and now look at me!!! Hey...a Ho's gotta do what a Ho's gotta do!!! RIGHT?

Anywho...you see the old me pushing thru a bit?

Be back later to chat! I'm gonna take a dip with the kids in the pool and then grab some stamps and sit here to catch up while stamping!

SMOOCHIES!!!
Damn !!!!:twisted:

Whatever Goof Ball!:rolleyes: :mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2008, 02:05 PM   #518  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 198 Likes on 165 Posts

I come back and the chatter is gone....sigh!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2008, 02:13 PM   #519  

Apparently some of you missed this call to work......

Forums at Splitcoaststampers

AND THIS ONE.....

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2008, 02:30 PM   #520  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Apparently some of you missed this call to work......

AND THIS ONE.....

I think I am stalking both of those. I have got to get this Ho swap out the door before I sign on for any more. (I'm a poet and didn't know it!)
Reply With Quote Likes