Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Get it Together! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/get-together-67/)
-   -   NY * Do we have any Stamping fanatics in New York? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/get-together-67/ny-%2A-do-we-have-any-stamping-fanatics-new-york-377/)

ginapier 02-29-2004 06:04 PM

NY * Do we have any Stamping fanatics in New York?

It seems to me that the stamping bug has not hit the East Coast as big as it has the rest of the country. I would love to have stamping nights and classes and just share but it appears I am alone here :(

JK703 03-01-2004 05:45 AM

Your not alone! LOL

Hi! You are not alone...I am in NJ....there are lots of people who love to scrap, and stamp! :D

I have met people at Micheals, or just going to any scrapbook store! I also found a fellow scrapper at Creating Keepsakes.com...and she was only miles awa from me!

I'm, sure someone is closer to you, but you are more than welcome to join in, in NJ.

:wink:

Krazy4Bears 03-01-2004 02:22 PM

Long Island

You aren't alone there are tons of us here on Long Island.....where are you. I am in Lindenhurst.

Bear Hugs,
Terry~~

ginapier 03-01-2004 04:01 PM

WE"RE NEIGHBORS! :shock: I'm in south Amityville! If you ever hear of stamp classes or get togethers PLEASE let me know! :lol:

ibbie 05-03-2004 03:20 PM

Stamping Fanatics in New York

You're not alone - there are many stampers out in Long Island. In fact, there are three demonstrators right here in our little village of Floral Park. You're welcome to come to any of my stamp camps or open stamping nites! Stamping with fellow demonstrators and my customers is lots of fun. :D

somall 05-03-2004 05:06 PM

I'm from Long Island also, Brentwood. We should plan a get together to stamp.

ibbie 05-04-2004 05:04 AM

Stamping fanatics in New York

Sounds like fun to me. Any reason to stamp is a good reason. Feel free to email me, maybe a group of us can meet and stamp. [email protected]

toni102 07-28-2005 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ginapier
It seems to me that the stamping bug has not hit the East Coast as big as it has the rest of the country. I would love to have stamping nights and classes and just share but it appears I am alone here :(

Hi,
I'm a Long Islander also and my upline is in AZ. So I feel your pain. I have put together a small Stamp a Stack once a month, if you are interested let me know. Otherwise we could try to get together just to talk about stamping. Did you go to convention???

bschneider5 07-28-2005 05:39 PM

Well, I know it is quite popular around where I live (Hamilton, Oh)

Kath 07-28-2005 07:19 PM

Capital area of NY has stampers! We have SU, Ctmh, and

our favorite stamp store Stampassions!

bschneider5 07-29-2005 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kath
our favorite stamp store Stampassions!

Never heard of it.

Anushki 07-29-2005 01:44 PM

Hey all - my WAY cute little sister (she's 19) just moved out to Long Island just 3 days ago - she is working as a mother's helper and she's already a little homesick. She likes to stamp and such...she's in Greatneck.... Anyone close to there?

Kath 07-29-2005 06:09 PM

Stampassions is on Route 9 in Latham, New York just

a few miles beyond Sienna College on your way out of Albany toward Clifton Park. Hope it is ok to post website for directions:

http://www.stampassion.com/

luvnailart 07-29-2005 06:56 PM

Hi I am in Carmel NY which is 1 hour North of the city. I have one stamp store near me that is ok. There is one in Goshen I would like to check out. I also heard from one of my clients that the Stamp store in Mystic Conn. is really good. I really want to go there!!!

Disneywed 07-29-2005 08:01 PM

Quote:

It seems to me that the stamping bug has not hit the East Coast as big as it has the rest of the country. I would love to have stamping
nights and classes and just share but it appears I am alone here :(

Hey Gina....come stamp with me in Bohemia!!!!!!!!

Disneywed 07-31-2005 10:29 PM

Geez, I hate thread killing!!! C'mon....nobody else on this board that knows from real pizza and bagels?? Where are all the rest of you??

redapron 08-01-2005 04:41 AM

So you are not the thread killer...

I'm not in NY, but central NJ and I feel your pain.

I started as a demo because I live in a vast wasteland--stamping and scrapping stores are few and far between.

Love getting those boxes from Brown!

Anyway, just wanted to say hi from across the river

lmstamper 08-01-2005 05:12 AM

Hello! I don't live in New York, but I recently visited and went to Kate's Paperie on the Upper East Side. How can you not be into stamping after going into that place?!! I loved it! It was very inspiring! I'm sure there's more stampers around and in Long Island. Good luck with your search!

norsky stamper 08-04-2005 03:27 AM

I'll try to extend the thread:)

I live in Sound Beach and my Upline lives in Smithtown. She is making me a stamping machine!! The only stamp store that I know of is her house :D

Edie32 08-04-2005 04:15 AM

Sorry, I'm not in NY, either (RI) but I'm going to NY this weekend to visit a good friend - non stamper, *GASP*.

I'm going to Troy. I'm going to see if she'll take me to Stampassions!
Now, how are we gonna do that w/ 3 kinds 4 and under???

Thanks for the link info.

Moosekrazy 08-04-2005 05:34 AM

Stampassion ROCKS!!!!! Its not too far from Troy. I'm about 2 hours from there. Don't get into Albany often anymore!

conductorchik 11-04-2006 03:37 PM

I am in NY, upstate, near Binghamton

chrissym 11-04-2006 04:21 PM

I live an hour south of Latham. A few months ago I was going up to Latham to AC Moore and stumbled across Stampassions. Also there is a scrapbooking store in the crossgates mall on the upper level near build a bear. Don't recall the name of the store though.

TeeGeeDee 11-04-2006 09:15 PM

Dutchess County Stamper

Quote:

I live in Dutchess County (about 30 minutes from Carmel / Putnam County and 40 min. from Danbury, CT).

I have stamping friends that live in Pawling and the Bronx.

Most of my relatives live on Long Island but none of them stamp (at least they appreciate the time, effort and thought that goes into the cards I make for them). We visit Bay Shore fairly often. I think someone else posted they live in Brentwood. Feel free to email me and perhaps I can arrange an "escape" next time I'm on Long Island.

I do think there are stampers in the NY area but it seems more popular in other areas of the country (whenever I swap my cards seem to come from states like Wisconsin, Ohio, California or Maine).

Nice to "meet" you all and hope to see some of you IRL.

PS - Did anyone attend the stamp expo in Lake Grove? How was it? My friend (the lady in the Bronx) went but I was unable to go.

TeeGeeDee 11-04-2006 09:17 PM

Kate's Paperie

Quote:

Originally Posted by lmstamper
Hello! I don't live in New York, but I recently visited and went to Kate's Paperie on the Upper East Side. How can you not be into stamping after going into that place?!! I loved it! It was very inspiring! I'm sure there's more stampers around and in Long Island. Good luck with your search!

I've never been in the NYC Kate's but went to on in CT (Greenwich?) many years ago. I'm still hoarding some notecards/envelopes I received as a gift. Very nice stuff!

Disneywed 11-05-2006 11:31 AM

I was there! Very cool stuff, did talk to a few people ( one did the SU make and take with me, from CT, I think) and one local to me. They both said they were SCS gals too. It was a good show, lots to see ( and buy$$$$$) I spent about 2 hours there and got out with my wallet intact!

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeeGeeDee
PS - Did anyone attend the stamp expo in Lake Grove? How was it? My friend (the lady in the Bronx) went but I was unable to go.

njbaker 11-06-2006 12:33 PM

We just had a CNY (upstate) SCS event in Morrisville NY. 38 registered. 35 attended. We had a BLAST. We did have some come from VT and PA, but mostly NY, all over the state. We'd welcome you if you don't mind a little travel. Check us out.

This event is over, but we are planning 2 more already!!

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...d.php?t=178884

evelynh 11-14-2006 12:21 PM

Staten Island Here

I live in Staten Island, NY. We have a group here and we used to get together, but haven't in a while. I'm traveling to Binghamton in February to get my fix of getting-together.

Scrapjanny 11-25-2006 09:01 AM

Hi, I'm in the Bronx, but I know "the Island" very well. I'd love to get together to stamp! I used to work in Kate's Paperie in SoHo.

Scrapjanny 11-25-2006 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Disneywed
Geez, I hate thread killing!!! C'mon....nobody else on this board that knows from real pizza and bagels?? Where are all the rest of you??

Oh I know real pizza & bagels! I'm from the Bronx!:p

I'm TeeGeeDee's friend - hi, Tina!

TeeGeeDee 11-25-2006 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scrapjanny
Oh I know real pizza & bagels! I'm from the Bronx!:p

I'm TeeGeeDee's friend - hi, Tina!

Hello Scrapjanny and everyone! I'm glad to see you found this thread. Hopefully a gathering happens and I'll meet you at your house and "bum a ride" the rest of the way - or at least have a navigator (I'm awful with directions). Hope everyone enjoyed their Thanksgiving celebrations.

We were out all day yesterday (actually on Long Island - not shoppign but doing stuff connected to a nephew's upcoming wedding). So, now instead of stamping I'm doing laundry and surfing SCS.

Happy Crafting!

Tina / Tina D. / TeeGeeDeeDutchess County, NY USA

Disneywed 11-26-2006 10:29 AM

how bout a "southern NY" gathering after the holidays? In the city maybe?

Scrapjanny 11-26-2006 11:37 AM

Sounds good to me!

TeeGeeDee 11-26-2006 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scrapjanny
Sounds good to me!

I'll be with Scrapjanny :cool: so if she'll drive there (or navigate) I'll be there too.

There's another thread in this forum with folks in / near Hamden, CT and we may end up taking a special (i.e. just for us) class at the Great American Stamp Store in Westport. Next time I'm on that thread, I'll copy / paste the link here.

If we join up with them we'll meet even more new people / friends so it gets my vote. But I mainly just want to meet new people that are interested in stamping and live reasonably close.

And the CNY folks seem like lots of fun too - I'm hoping to go when they meet in the Spring but they're getting together before then too.

Meanwhile, I hope everyone finds time to craft - I'm about to make a few thank you notes and start on my holiday cards. I also keep putting off a card for a nephew's wedding. There are so many images / products / techniques I want to use that I am stumped on an actual design. I only need it for this Saturday so it isn't like I have lots of time left. But most of the cards I really like were made (literally) hours before they were needed so ...

Happy Crafting!

resqbarbie 11-27-2006 03:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Disneywed

I'm here! I'm here! LONG ISLAND IN DA HOWSE! Eating my pizza and bagels for breakfast...no not really (just the pizza).
I had started a new thread looking for Long Islanders, but I had to branch out to all of NY I guess, not much action in just LI. Anyone interested in an all day crop in Westchester County, NY? Here's the link, the girl who runs it does an AWESOME job! I go every other month pretty much...

http://www.scrap4memories.com

Disneywed 11-27-2006 06:22 AM

I have never been to a formal gathering....just our monthly stamp camp and free table time at my LSS, would be interested in seeing what goes on. I would need a " Shoebox swap for dummies" lesson though. New to me.

TeeGeeDee 11-27-2006 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by resqbarbie
I'm here! I'm here! LONG ISLAND IN DA HOWSE! Eating my pizza and bagels for breakfast...no not really (just the pizza).
I had started a new thread looking for Long Islanders, but I had to branch out to all of NY I guess, not much action in just LI. Anyone interested in an all day crop in Westchester County, NY? Here's the link, the girl who runs it does an AWESOME job! I go every other month pretty much...

http://www.scrap4memories.com

Westchester gets my vote - it seems like a good compromise (everyone travels but nobody travels really far).

I looked at the site provided - it seems like a good deal. $38 for 13 hours of cropping (lunch and dinner included!). I doubt I can make the January date and February is also iffy but if I'm available I'm definitely interested.

Happy Crafting!

resqbarbie 11-27-2006 10:01 AM

it's easy...just bring your supplies and go! I'll keep posting to this thread when she has an upcoming crop....

aridg 11-27-2006 01:32 PM

It's nice to see that there are stampers in NY!!!! I am originally from Westchester and moved to the Capital Region (Albany) and now to Memphis, TN, where I found SU and may be moving back to the Capital Region area!

TeeGeeDee 11-27-2006 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aridg
It's nice to see that there are stampers in NY!!!! I am originally from Westchester and moved to the Capital Region (Albany) and now to Memphis, TN, where I found SU and may be moving back to the Capital Region area!

Congrats on being a new demo!