Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Get it Together! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/get-together-67/)
-   -   Northern Alabama? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/get-together-67/northern-alabama-329910/)

LDSDinks1993 03-04-2008 06:52 AM

Northern Alabama?

Anyone from Northern Alabama interested in a get together this spring? I would be happy to organize since I will be back stateside soon :)

** I added a poll...

Kristykins 03-04-2008 09:46 AM

I'm in Middle Tn...where at in Bama country are you thinking? My Mom and I just attended the KY/TN one in Clarksville - it was GREAT...a lot of work - but TOO much fun!!! We're thinking of hosting one in our area - but we may want to come to yours and bring a group too....let me know an area and an estimated date - and I'll see what I can drag up for ya....

LDSDinks1993 03-04-2008 07:12 PM

I was thinking in the Huntsville area - I would have to find a place. I have a camp ground membership in Langston on Guntersville lake - they have a "bunkhouse" that I could rent and facilities where we could stamp/scrapbook - as well as an indoor and outdoor pool, putt putt, ping pong - and I don't remember what else. It would be cheap - but the only problem is it is out in the middle of nowhwere :( so I am thinking people would probabaly prefer Huntsville. It is just over the TN/AL state line (about 1/2 hour).

Kristykins 03-05-2008 04:57 AM

We LOVE the drive to Huntsville! It's such a welcomed drive after traveling TOTAL interstate to Nashville...it takes us about an hour and a half to get to Huntsville from here - so lets keep this thread pumping to see if there's any other interest - and I'll pass the word on to my fellow stampers locally...The hotel we went to last weekend for a shoebox swap gathering was a very nice place - but the room was pretty small and lacked adequate table space. We did fine with the arrangement, but it would have been so much better with elbow room!! Have a wonderful day! How's the weather in Germany?? It's cold here in TN!!

LDSDinks1993 03-05-2008 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kristykins (Post 9029746)
We LOVE the drive to Huntsville! It's such a welcomed drive after traveling TOTAL interstate to Nashville...it takes us about an hour and a half to get to Huntsville from here - so lets keep this thread pumping to see if there's any other interest - and I'll pass the word on to my fellow stampers locally...The hotel we went to last weekend for a shoebox swap gathering was a very nice place - but the room was pretty small and lacked adequate table space. We did fine with the arrangement, but it would have been so much better with elbow room!! Have a wonderful day! How's the weather in Germany?? It's cold here in TN!!

It snowed last night here! Weird - because just a few days ago, it was spring like weather and we just wore sweatshirts... I am looking forward to the weather back home - we should get there just in time for spring weather!

There are a few hotels right off the exit in Athens (off 65) I think a couple of those may be an option. Would you rather a scrap retreat type get together - or a shoebox swap - or - ????? I am open to anything actually...

Kristykins 03-06-2008 05:38 PM

hhhmmm I'm up for either, but let me check with my ladies and see what they prefer...I won't see them until Monday - so it'll be Tuesday before I'm able to get back with ya on this...but I'll be on during the weekend, if ya wanna chat....

It was close to 70 here today (Thursday) BEAUTIFUL...but we're suppose to get ice/snow on Saturday...aaaahhh TN Weather - so unpredictable! (Guess it's the same for Germany, huh??!!)

LDSDinks1993 03-06-2008 10:17 PM

No one else? Where are all the ladies from Alabama - i know there are several of you...

Kudzu 03-07-2008 01:24 AM

depending on the date my 3 friends and I would be interested.

CandD 03-14-2008 11:28 AM

Northern Alabama?

How far from Memphis TN is your campground membership? I haven't been to a swap since I moved here, and I have finally gotten my stamping stuff unpacked :)

LDSDinks1993 03-14-2008 01:51 PM

I think Memphis is about 4 hours *maybe a little less* from me. The campground is WAY out in Langston - at least a good hour or hour and half from me. I am thinking a location that is easier to get to would be more suitable. I will be back in the states next month - I will start looking for a place. There does not seem to be much interest thouhg :(

CandD 03-16-2008 12:00 PM

Oh, that is a little bit too far from Memphis. I'll keep an eye out for something closer though. :)

austamper 03-16-2008 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LDSDinks1993 (Post 9058860)
No one else? Where are all the ladies from Alabama - i know there are several of you...

There are several of us in this area but this is about 3 hours away. :( Otherwise I'd be all over it!

LDSDinks1993 03-16-2008 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by austamper (Post 9170174)
There are several of us in this area but this is about 3 hours away. :( Otherwise I'd be all over it!

well - if huntsville is too far - maybe we can meet in Hanceville or Hartsell? Or somewhere even closer to you...

craz4stampin65 03-19-2008 06:37 PM

I am just getting started. I live in Montevallo which is about an hour from you AUSTAMPER.

jaeup51 03-21-2008 01:49 AM

Hi I just saw your post. Sounds like a great idea. There are me and about 5 or 6 ladies here in Centre, Al that love doing rubber stamping. I think we are about an hour or so from huntsville. So we would all probably like to come. So we will wait to hear what you decide. Jaeup51

nelsonwoman 03-25-2008 07:36 PM

Count me in . . . I'm in H'ville

of course I went to college in M'vallo so that would be awesome to!

Let me know what I can do to help!

nelsonwoman 03-25-2008 07:41 PM

what about cullman? since it's on 65 might be an easier drive for everyone and if we get it a little further south of h'ville could more of the b'ham/shelby county gals make it?

LDSDinks1993 03-26-2008 01:03 AM

Has Anyone Heard of the Red Rooster? It is kind of in Cullman - it is ay out though.... they do retreats there and it is AWESOME. I am going to another one in May (can't wait). Anyway, last one I went to, the owner said they were booked EVERY weekend until for 3 years! If we decided to do something during the week, we may be able to get in there. What is better for everyone? Weekend? Weekday? Do we want just a one day get together? Or a couple days?

LDSDinks1993 03-26-2008 01:16 AM

Here is the Link to Red Rooster

http://www.redroosterretreat.com/

I knew they were looking for another place - but it looks like they finally opened a second one as well. Check it out and see if anyone is interested.

Kristykins 03-26-2008 09:28 AM

I'm still here ladies...just waiting on final plans to be made so I can pass the info on to my local buddies....That rooster place looks pretty neat - but a little on the steep side...

Marine Mom 01 03-26-2008 01:39 PM

Hey there!

Just found this. I would love to stamp with everyone! Someone please give me more info. I'm in Hazel Green north of Huntsville.

Pam

LDSDinks1993 03-26-2008 03:04 PM

Does anyone have a place we can meet for free? Like a community clubhouse or church building?

Marine Mom 01 03-26-2008 03:34 PM

What area are we trying to meet at? Are we more from Northern Alabama? Some from B;ham way I thought I saw? Grand Oaks Retreat is in Scottsboro area. It's like the Red Rooster. Went there back in February. Very nice. Put more idea's out there and let's work on this. Got to be some place to have it.
Pam:)

nelsonwoman 03-26-2008 06:25 PM

I've got friends in Cullman, let me do some calling. . . If we meet on a monday I know a place just off the interstate we can meet. It's a friend of mine's restaurant. Not sure we could get the back room for an entire day on the weekend though. I'll let you know. I'm up for a one day thing and FREE is always good! :D

nelsonwoman 03-26-2008 06:38 PM

http://www.cullmancountymuseum.com/pages_p/meeting.html

Museum is Downtown cullman just about 2 miles off exit 208 on I-65.

$40 for large space with kitchen all day. . . We could either pass the hat for money and pay for our own lunches or when we get a final head count I would be willing to organize lunches and pay for the facilities but charge each person a small amount for lunch and facility. . . 10-20 people around $10 per person (looks like with room size 20 would be the max number of people we could fit comfortably)??? What do you guys think?

LDSDinks1993 03-26-2008 10:35 PM

hmmm..... Cullman..... There seem to be a couple options there. I lived there for a couple years a while back - is it still the same racist town as it used to be? Although I think it is geographicly an ideal location, I am starting to have reservations about it. Do you have any insight on how the area has progressed (or not progressed?). I know my boss would not ever stay at my site past dark - he always wanted to be far away from there before dusk. I don't mean to sound mean or offend anyone, but I would hate to plan an event that may end up being unsafe for some who may attend. Feedback?

Marine Mom 01 03-27-2008 05:32 AM

If Huntsville is okay I will see if the church that lets us meet will do it or my church will in Hazel Green as long as we are not selling. (FREE)

nelsonwoman 03-27-2008 06:33 AM

I've never known Cullman to be unsafe especially at a venue like the museum. You guys decide and just let me know.

AubrieB 04-04-2008 06:11 PM

Count me in! I would love it!

AubrieB 04-04-2008 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LDSDinks1993 (Post 9294905)
hmmm..... Cullman..... There seem to be a couple options there. I lived there for a couple years a while back - is it still the same racist town as it used to be? Although I think it is geographicly an ideal location, I am starting to have reservations about it. Do you have any insight on how the area has progressed (or not progressed?). I know my boss would not ever stay at my site past dark - he always wanted to be far away from there before dusk. I don't mean to sound mean or offend anyone, but I would hate to plan an event that may end up being unsafe for some who may attend. Feedback?

I don't think that Cullman is like that anymore. I don't think it has been that way in a long time. I have a couple of friends from there, so I'll ask them and find out.

susiestampr 04-04-2008 06:20 PM

Subscribing to thread, my friend and I are in Gadsden. We might be interested in a weekend (Sat)..
Susie

LDSDinks1993 04-06-2008 02:33 PM

OK - as of now, here are two options....
the place in cullman that was mentioned earlier -
or
My friend owns a scrap book store in Madison - we can go there for $5 a piece.

Any preferences?

nelsonwoman 04-08-2008 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by susiestampr (Post 9407136)
Subscribing to thread, my friend and I are in Gadsden. We might be interested in a weekend (Sat)..
Susie

Susie - you guys should DEFINATELY GO!!! I would love to see you guys again!

Marine Mom 01 04-08-2008 07:54 AM

I'll come the one in Huntsville for sure.

Pam

AubrieB 04-09-2008 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LDSDinks1993 (Post 9424886)
OK - as of now, here are two options....
the place in cullman that was mentioned earlier -
or
My friend owns a scrap book store in Madison - we can go there for $5 a piece.

Any preferences?

I will do either.
Marine Mom, if we have it in Cullman and want to go, you can ride with me.:mrgreen:

Marine Mom 01 04-10-2008 08:13 AM

Hey Aubrie! I'd be glad to hook up with you and go! My only thing would be if I have to work that day.

AubrieB 04-10-2008 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marine Mom 01 (Post 9466116)
Hey Aubrie! I'd be glad to hook up with you and go! My only thing would be if I have to work that day.

K - we can figure it out when we set the date.

cflathem 04-10-2008 04:04 PM

I'm in Hoover. Let me know if things come together. I have a total of 3 folks who would be interested if the dates are right.

AubrieB 04-11-2008 11:50 AM

BUMP

AubrieB 04-15-2008 03:53 PM

BUMP