Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-27-2007, 08:36 AM   #1  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Anyone in or around South King or Pierce Counties, WA up for Stampin' workshops?

I am a demonstrator in the South King County area of WA state and am looking for others interested in hostessing workshops, attending workshops or Stamp camps...perhaps even a ten's club. I have been a Demonstrator since January and still have not had my first workshop. I was wondering if there is anyone here at SCS that would be interested in being a hostess or just getting together. I have amazing ideas for WS demonstrations, prizes and hostess gifts...the problem is I have noone to book a workshop...I am dying to have my first one and have SO much to share. Anyone interested? Contact me! Have a wonderful day!

Stephanie Vittorio

Stuff I've Stamped
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2007, 08:03 PM   #2  
Kookie Creator

Default I am on Vashon... would enjoy getting together

Hi Stephanie!
I am on Vashon, and if you are at all interested, I would enjoy having you come to Vashon and we could talk and stamp and get to know one another. I do a lot of workshops and stamp camps, and if you wanted to work together to support one another I bet we could come to some terms.

Please PM me about this if you are interested in talking or typing further.

Julie
http://inkingitup.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2007, 08:24 PM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

Oh I would love to get together. If you want to e-mail me I would love to give you my number and chat a little. [email protected] is my e-mail. I have been really in the dumps today...feeling as though I am alone in this endeavor, finding little support from my upline, not really knowing how to productively reach out and share my passion for Stampin' Up! and just generally feeling as though it may have been a waste to sign up or maybe that I should be a Hobby Demo when I really deep in my heart want to make a wonderful business out of my hobby...I would love to have someone to share with as it seems that my upline is too busy for me. Take care talk to you soon. I really look forward to hearing back from you.

Stephanie Vittorio

Stuff I've Stamped
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2007, 06:03 AM   #4  
Rubber Obsessor

Smile From Longview, Wash!

Hi, Stephanie!

I'm down in Longview, WA, a couple hours south of you, so getting together would not be too handy, but I DO have an idea for you!!! I actually don't do workshops, but AM doing what I call "Stampin' Oases" and a "Stampers' Season of Growth Club"!!! This latter the same basic idea as a Hostess Club, but instead I focus on "growth" in two areas: in their knowledge of stamping skills and techniques, and in the growth of their tools and supplies! I did one of these a few years ago, and am just now starting up another!!! The first one went VERY well!!!! I have a letter I can send you that explains everything to potential participants (much too long to post here, I'm sure!), which you would then edit to your own preferences and info, and send out to all the gals you can think of!!!

This last one I did not even intend to start!!! I had a stamping event where the gals came to make a "Mini CD Calendar". You can see these at the StampinArt website! They are SOOOOO cute!!!!! (I created my own, but you can see a few samples there!) The COOL thing about this is that it was an AWESOME intro to stamping!!!! Each month is a different project, so they get TWELVE good "intro's" to the wonderful variety of stamping skills and techniques!!! By the end of the day ~ and it *is* a long one!!! ~ several of the gals, who had NEVER stamped before, were saying "This was SOOOO fun!!!!! How can we learn MORE about stamping!?!?!!?" So that's when I said "Wellllll, we could start a "Stampers' Season of Growth Club" if enough people are interested! And they WERE!!! It took a few more than than, as you have to have enough participating to make it come up to $150. But within a few days we had that, and we are now starting!!!! This way you are not having to LOOK for people!!! You just get several committed ones, and some of them end up becoming very solid stampers with a wide variety of skills!!!

Hugs,
Barb
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2007, 06:08 AM   #5  
Rubber Obsessor

Wink One more quick thing!!!

I wanted to explain a bit more about how the money end of these Hostess Clubs works... One way to do it is to have 10 gals each commit to buying $15 worth of merchandise each time. That takes it up to $150. However, the way *I* do it is to let the gals commit to varying amounts. Like a couple of my gals have committed to $30; another two to $25; another few to $20, and several to $15 ~ which is the minimum. So ALL TOGETHER it still comes to $150+. Yes, some of the gals are paying way more than the others, but they all understand (because it was all explained in my Intro/Invitational Letter) that they all still get their one month as being hostess. So there is no "benefit advantage" to committing to spending more; they just get more STUFF! ;-)

Hugs,
Barb
Reply With Quote Likes