Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-08-2010, 02:40 AM   #3921  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lucky Girl! Cherie and I are still wanting to try out that place. Maybe that can be a girls day out location sometime.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-08-2010, 03:20 AM   #3922  
Watercolor Wizard

Monday...already? How did that happen so quickly?!?

MSA starts this week...oh, joy...

Hope you all have a great week!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-08-2010, 03:48 AM   #3923  
Gallery Gazer

Wow Monday already?! Not a good one here...off to take my oldest to the Doc.

Have a good day everyone! I'll check in when I get home.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-08-2010, 04:12 AM   #3924  
Crimping Master

Morning All! well Ariel is off being shaved today...me and the groomer are not speaking the same language so there is no telling what my dog is going to look like
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-08-2010, 04:41 AM   #3925  
Pearl-ExPert

poor nekkid puppy...

Yoikes.. I spent the weekend on the couch.. Headache the size of Manhattan plus girly parts being blecchy. This morning I took stock.. my house looks like an earthquake hit...

Empty boxes and scattered crap everywhere between the Packers coming last Thursday to stuff John did before he left to me being a lazy SOB. You know its bad when you have to clean the house before the housekeepers come.

Luckily tomorrow is Garbage Day so It will be gone soon enough.

Guess John had to move from where he was to a new location, I am unsure if he is going to end up having to move in town after all or not. him being 14 hours ahead and working from 7 to 7 daily makes it hard to connect just now.

Amanda, May call you later this afternoon to finalize Thursday Plans. Hope Doc visit goes smoothly.

Off to pretend to clean....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-08-2010, 05:27 AM   #3926  
Crimping Master

at least you have the excuse of hubby and movers LOL I have no excuse for my mess! I am trying to figure out what happened in here LOL I had my table cleared off but somehow it is covered again!!

I think next weekend i am going to go confiscate the file cabinet hubby said I could have, I need to hide my ribbon problem LOL

I dont know what they are going to do to her but she kept saying shave, and i said i wanted some hair so then she said 1/4 inch, I am like that is fine then she went back to shave...so she may look funny LOL big body little head...once the mane is shaved off her head looks rather small compared to her oh so round frame LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-08-2010, 06:04 AM   #3927  
Stazon Splitcoast

Stacy, even when they shave dogs they don't shave down to bare skin...or at least they never did to my dog growing up. Have you ever seen a German Shepherd shaved??? We threatened to do it to Maggie a few times, then saw my cousin's dog and vowed we would never make her look that goofy. It is BAD...they need hair.

So I am getting breakfast ready this morning and had to close my eyes....The sun was TOO bright in the kitchen. I had windows open yesterday and apparently forgot to turn the heat back on last night, and it's still 67 in the house. That's perfect. Ready to start saving on the electric bills the next couple of months.
Old 03-08-2010, 06:15 AM   #3928  
Crimping Master

Good morning. Looks like it's going to be a nice day weather-wise.

Thanks for all the info about Nestibilities. Now to check them out & decide if I really need/want them. I'm trying hard to use the stuff I have but new stuff is so appealing!

The best things in life are the people we love, the places we've been and the memories we've made along the way - unknown

SCS Gallery

Check out my blog!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-08-2010, 06:26 AM   #3929  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emerald77View Post
Morning All! well Ariel is off being shaved today...me and the groomer are not speaking the same language so there is no telling what my dog is going to look like
Finding a groomer is like finding a hair stylist! It's great when you find one that knows what you want done without a lot of explanation. I loved the groomer I had for Molly. I would just tell her do what she always did and Molly always looked cute afterwards. Unfortunately she retired & moved away! Now I need to find one for Sadie. I know I need to take her soon for a puppy groom so she gets use to the process. Anyone have any suggestions for a groomer in this area?

I'm sure Ariel will look cute no matter what.

The best things in life are the people we love, the places we've been and the memories we've made along the way - unknown

SCS Gallery

Check out my blog!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-08-2010, 06:39 AM   #3930  
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning girls! We had a nice busy weekend at home. Felt nice to stay home for a change and work around the house. And I did find a few minutes last night to actually stamp. We have stamp club tomorrow night and we do swap cards amongst 4 of us, so I figured I'd better get something made.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-08-2010, 06:41 AM   #3931  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by devonsmom98View Post
Cindy, Thank You!, the stamps did get here today

Glad they arrived. Have fun creating her invitations.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-08-2010, 07:01 AM   #3932  
Mad Swapper

What a wonderful day today is. No Hubby, no kids, sun shining, just me all alone. It is so quiet. I love it. I was going to do some much needed cleaning but you know what I think I will take my book and read on the sofa in the living room where the sun is shining the most. Talk later.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-08-2010, 07:30 AM   #3933  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by tracyltrippView Post
Lucky Girl! Cherie and I are still wanting to try out that place. Maybe that can be a girls day out location sometime.
Tracy;

I am sad to report, don't bother. They have totally changed the joint from a CiCi's like pizza place to an Old Country Buffette type. The food was pretty tasteless and the prices too high. We won't be going back. Its back to Cici's for us. Worth the drive!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-08-2010, 07:33 AM   #3934  
Pearl-ExPert

Good afternoon ladies. Like I said yesteray I finished up my 12 BRAK Cards and now they need to be addressed and go postal.

I'm selling two SU Sets if any one is interested "For the Love of Chocolate" and "Land that I love" $20.00/each. Also I have wood blocks for FREE if any one is interested.

Have a great afternoon. Trying to clean up for company then go to my violin lesson this afternoon.

Hugs,
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-08-2010, 09:43 AM   #3935  
Forum Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmandaWView Post
Wow Monday already?! Not a good one here...off to take my oldest to the Doc.
Have a good day everyone! I'll check in when I get home.
Oh no! I hope it's nothing real serious! Keep us posted!

Stampin' Up! Demonstrator

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-08-2010, 09:51 AM   #3936  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by heyheypaulaView Post
Finding a groomer is like finding a hair stylist! It's great when you find one that knows what you want done without a lot of explanation. I loved the groomer I had for Molly. I would just tell her do what she always did and Molly always looked cute afterwards. Unfortunately she retired & moved away! Now I need to find one for Sadie. I know I need to take her soon for a puppy groom so she gets use to the process. Anyone have any suggestions for a groomer in this area?
I'm sure Ariel will look cute no matter what.
Paula, I've always used "It's a Dogs World" in Glen Burnie. They do a great job and are very reasonable and they could handle Rusty who was definitely a handful when he went there. He used to get so excited and would knock stuff over and couldn't be crated due to his phobia so they always worked with me. They are on the corner of Aquahart Rd. & Crain Hwy. in a little white house. The address is 1012 Crain Hwy. S.W., Glen Burnie, MD 21061 and their number is 410-760-3666.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-08-2010, 09:53 AM   #3937  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by MelenaPrincessView Post
Stacy, even when they shave dogs they don't shave down to bare skin...or at least they never did to my dog growing up. Have you ever seen a German Shepherd shaved??? We threatened to do it to Maggie a few times, then saw my cousin's dog and vowed we would never make her look that goofy. It is BAD...they need hair.

So I am getting breakfast ready this morning and had to close my eyes....The sun was TOO bright in the kitchen. I had windows open yesterday and apparently forgot to turn the heat back on last night, and it's still 67 in the house. That's perfect. Ready to start saving on the electric bills the next couple of months.
We had windows open yesterday and today as well! It's so nice to have the fresh air coming in and freshening the house after being closed up for so long the past few months!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-08-2010, 09:58 AM   #3938  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ougot2View Post
What a wonderful day today is. No Hubby, no kids, sun shining, just me all alone. It is so quiet. I love it. I was going to do some much needed cleaning but you know what I think I will take my book and read on the sofa in the living room where the sun is shining the most. Talk later.
I'm with you Gloria! I took a personal day today, I just needed some time to myself, it is nice and quiet here too. I sat outside on the deck in the sun with the dogs for a while, it was sooooo nice! I need to do some cleaning too but I think I will stamp instead!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-08-2010, 10:01 AM   #3939  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by ms.rhettaView Post
Tracy;

I am sad to report, don't bother. They have totally changed the joint from a CiCi's like pizza place to an Old Country Buffette type. The food was pretty tasteless and the prices too high. We won't be going back. Its back to Cici's for us. Worth the drive!
The Cactus Willie's in Glen Burnie has always been a buffet type place and we have never been disappointed in their food or their prices, not sure why the Laurel one is so bad.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-08-2010, 10:12 AM   #3940  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathi127View Post
The Cactus Willie's in Glen Burnie has always been a buffet type place and we have never been disappointed in their food or their prices, not sure why the Laurel one is so bad.
You walk in to the remodeled Cactus Willies and think "Yum", this looks great! Smells great. The only thing with any flavor was the fried chicken. Mash potatoes where bland and the two pizza's that they had out where boxed, greazy and really not flavorful at all.

I think Glen Burnie probally has a better deal. The joint sure was buzy!

Off to my lesson then to home to stamp!

Hugs,
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-08-2010, 11:36 AM   #3941  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathi127View Post
We had windows open yesterday and today as well! It's so nice to have the fresh air coming in and freshening the house after being closed up for so long the past few months!
So why is it that all winter my house SEEMED to smell fine, and now that the weather breaks and you crack a few windows every time you walk in the door you are hit with the smell of stale air? I feel like it smells like an ashtray and we don't smoke, dh never smoked in the house when he did smoke, and the previous owners were non-smokers. But really, this is what our #2 house smelled like when we were both smoking in it. YUCK! At least I always attributed it to the smoke. Must break out my big Scentsy since the Hubs is gone and I have an open outlet in the family room.
Old 03-08-2010, 11:38 AM   #3942  
Crimping Master

Quote:

So why is it that all winter my house SEEMED to smell fine, and now that the weather breaks and you crack a few windows every time you walk in the door you are hit with the smell of stale air? I feel like it smells like an ashtray and we don't smoke, dh never smoked in the house when he did smoke, and the previous owners were non-smokers. But really, this is what our #2 house smelled like when we were both smoking in it. YUCK! At least I always attributed it to the smoke. Must break out my big Scentsy since the Hubs is gone and I have an open outlet in the family room.
do you have neighbors that smoke? maybe it is blowing your way? I can tell when my neighbor lights up if my window is open!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-08-2010, 12:03 PM   #3943  
Stazon Splitcoast

It's a smell that is coming from IN the house. It could be something else that I just always assumed was smoke before. Maybe I should clean a little???
Old 03-08-2010, 12:11 PM   #3944  
Stazon Splitcoast

So...corporate Micheal's has changed their coupon policy to Only 1 coupon per day per customer. I said to the girl, "So if I come back later you wont let me use a coupon?" She said that corporate is reviewing all the store sales receipts to check on this and they have been told that if they see a customer return they are obligated to tell any other cashiers not to take a coupon or they can lose their job. Now that seems a bit severe don't you think? And unless you use a credit card, how could they check it?
Old 03-08-2010, 01:15 PM   #3945  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

It's a smell that is coming from IN the house. It could be something else that I just always assumed was smoke before. Maybe I should clean a little???
It may be a case of clothing (like a caot) that has been around a smoker. Last time I visited my mom, I had to air everything including my suitcases out, just a few hours in her house my car, my person == everything smelled like cigarette smoke. ICK!

I suggest that the scentsy is a good call to freshen things up, but personally I'd douce everything with a heavy hand of Febreeze. With three dogs, it is certainlly a refreshing way to clean up the air and furnishings while complimenting the home with my scency warmers!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-08-2010, 01:34 PM   #3946  
Crimping Master

ah my poor dog...she looks like a little black lamb that has been fleeced LOL Okay maybe not "little" so now the vet,the vet tech, and now the groomer has called my dog fat LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-08-2010, 01:40 PM   #3947  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

ah my poor dog...she looks like a little black lamb that has been fleeced LOL Okay maybe not "little" so now the vet,the vet tech, and now the groomer has called my dog fat LOL
She isn't fat she's just happy with her pillow.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-08-2010, 01:45 PM   #3948  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by ms.rhettaView Post
It may be a case of clothing (like a caot) that has been around a smoker. Last time I visited my mom, I had to air everything including my suitcases out, just a few hours in her house my car, my person == everything smelled like cigarette smoke. ICK!

I suggest that the scentsy is a good call to freshen things up, but personally I'd douce everything with a heavy hand of Febreeze. With three dogs, it is certainlly a refreshing way to clean up the air and furnishings while complimenting the home with my scency warmers!
Yep me to! Febreze is good stuff love it I'm always running around after the boys with it! Do love my scency to. Have you tried the Spring Clean? It's really nice! I know you and I like a lot of the same and I do really like this one.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-08-2010, 01:51 PM   #3949  
Crimping Master

I am dropping in a PC replacement parts order and regular order this week...email or pm me if you need anything.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-08-2010, 01:53 PM   #3950  
Crimping Master

I ought to febreze ariel's pillow! I used to use it on the furniture before we went to leather....If I ever get a large stockpile I now know who to share with LOL I can see it now instead of favors a bottle of febreze with ribbon tied to it
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-08-2010, 02:00 PM   #3951  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

I am dropping in a PC replacement parts order and regular order this week...email or pm me if you need anything.
Next time your out and about can you drop off a PC cat? Please!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-08-2010, 02:06 PM   #3952  
Pearl-ExPert

Amanda, how is your son? Stacy, I heard your friends have said your dog was uh, plump so maybe not just the vet? Gloria and Kathie, sounds like a great way to spend a day....just quiet. Kimme, I'm with Fabreze and Scentsy. Doctor tomorrow for the Vertigo. Let's hope he can figure out why it keeps hanging around. Looking forward to our class.......can't wait.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-08-2010, 02:36 PM   #3953  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by harrahx2View Post
Amanda, how is your son? Stacy, I heard your friends have said your dog was uh, plump so maybe not just the vet? Gloria and Kathie, sounds like a great way to spend a day....just quiet. Kimme, I'm with Fabreze and Scentsy. Doctor tomorrow for the Vertigo. Let's hope he can figure out why it keeps hanging around. Looking forward to our class.......can't wait.
Don't know we have more ?'s now then we did when we went into see the Doc today. Boys!

I have one more thing to get cut before the class on the 20th. Then I can really look forward to it! I need another day of fun! The class is full with 9 don't think I can fit anymore. I just hope everyone likes what I'm doing! lol

Really hope the Vertigo lets up for you and soon. No fun!

HUGS!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-08-2010, 03:18 PM   #3954  
Pearl-ExPert

Off to stamp some favors for my glitterbee girls who updated their blogs this week. It was my personal challenge to get many to post this last week. I had so much fun with the challenge.

Have a great night, I need stamp therapy!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-08-2010, 03:25 PM   #3955  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

do you have neighbors that smoke? maybe it is blowing your way? I can tell when my neighbor lights up if my window is open!
they may just be residual from the fire....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-08-2010, 03:34 PM   #3956  
Pearl-ExPert

arrgh.. I have a decision to make and I am not sure which way to go..

John gave me the 'safe' times to come out. I can get flights from Dulles direct to Narita (and then on to Naha)..

one safe month.. is $2k. the other.. is $5k. the more expensive month is preferred, for a variety of reasons(timing, etc) but man.. we can get a veranda and a 9 day Bahamas cruise for the difference!.

my head says.. go the cheap month, so I can save money.. if I went the other month we'd only see each other the one time , most likely the entire 2 years. if I go cheap, we can meet at least one other time...and possibly be able to swing Hong Kong.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-08-2010, 04:26 PM   #3957  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrsjvbView Post
arrgh.. I have a decision to make and I am not sure which way to go..

John gave me the 'safe' times to come out. I can get flights from Dulles direct to Narita (and then on to Naha)..

one safe month.. is $2k. the other.. is $5k. the more expensive month is preferred, for a variety of reasons(timing, etc) but man.. we can get a veranda and a 9 day Bahamas cruise for the difference!.

my head says.. go the cheap month, so I can save money.. if I went the other month we'd only see each other the one time , most likely the entire 2 years. if I go cheap, we can meet at least one other time...and possibly be able to swing Hong Kong.
I think you answered your own question.....

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-08-2010, 04:58 PM   #3958  
Watercolor Wizard

Wow, you girls have been chatty! Just got a new cell phone- a Blackberry Tour- now I just need to learn how to use the thing!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2010, 03:13 AM   #3959  
Forum Fanatic

Happy Birthday Rose!!!!!!!!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2010, 03:41 AM   #3960  
Stazon Splitcoast

Happy Birthday Rose!