Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-06-2010, 02:48 PM   #2681  
Forum Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmGee458View Post
Yeah, just heard on the news that BWI is closed until Monday afternoon...
Oh, that is not going to make my boss very happy. They were supposed to fly out of BWI this morning for a week in AZ to visit relatives. I wonder if they will be able to get out before the next storm hits....

Stampin' Up! Demonstrator

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2010, 02:53 PM   #2682  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by ms.rhettaView Post
Just checking in.... looks like you guys are hammered

Its 56* and nice out right now with a slight chance of rain tonight.... Mike told me he can't see the tire wheels, and is trying to some what shovel us out. New flight in to BWI is now on Tuesday, hopefully won't have to change it again! I can tell you guys are already throwing snow balls at me!

Hugs stay warm!
Glad you made it to MS safely! Enjoy these few days without snow!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2010, 03:37 PM   #2683  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yikes! I wonder when my dh will be able to get home. Flights will be backed up from here to kingdom com and then more snow on Tuesday may make a Wednesday return kinda difficult. Does anyone know if they give priority to Military Persons when rescheduling flights?
Old 02-06-2010, 03:54 PM   #2684  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MelenaPrincessView Post
Snow stopped here about 3:00 and my yardstick on the back table reads 24". Between shoveling and then sledding with the girls I am pooped and I think I got my workout done for the WEEK. After going up and down the hill with the girls about 100 times to carry the sled back up to the top and giving them little boosts, I finally went into the garage and found some ropes with hooks on them on hubby's shelf. I attached one end to our fence post and now the neighborhood kids can pull the sleds and themselves up the hill a little easier. The hill is so steep there that it is hard to walk up in grass, in snow it was nearly impossible. I did have a little snow path with some foot holds so the girls could get up a bit easier, but once they got tired they needed more and more help. I'm pooped!
Do you live one post? We use to live in McArthur but I am not sure what you call it now. It was up by the high school. There was a great hill for sledding there.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2010, 04:25 PM   #2685  
Stazon Splitcoast

I used to live in McArthur too (that was our second house), that is where Amanda and Tracy live now. I moved off post 2.5 years ago and out to Carroll County. My street is in the middle of a hill and there is a common area behind me, we are up quite a bit on a ridge so there is a good drop from our yard to the common area.
Old 02-06-2010, 05:47 PM   #2686  
Crimping Master

Hey Ladies

I'm at Stacy's for the night. Still no power here on Meade. Hope we get power back soon it's kinda cold out. lol

Amanda
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2010, 06:36 PM   #2687  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emerald77View Post
Hey Ladies

I'm at Stacy's for the night. Still no power here on Meade. Hope we get power back soon it's kinda cold out. lol

Amanda
Good to hear from you Amanda! Glad you were able to get to Stacy's and be warm again! Thanks for checking in...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2010, 08:11 PM   #2688  
Forum Fanatic

Oh Amanda, I'm so glad you are at Stacy's, we've been so worried about you guys all day! I hope they get your power back on soon! Glad you are warm tonight!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2010, 02:27 AM   #2689  
Pearl-ExPert

Morning all...Amanda - I am glad you guys are warm! I cant believe how long your power was out. Hopefully it came on during the night!
Everyone else stay warm and cozy.
I did absolutely nothing yesterday. I dont seem to have any energy but only took a 45 min nap. Sort of wandered around LOOKING at stuff to be done. Oh, wait, I am redeemed - I did some laundry, which is still in the dryer.
Dug out an area for Toby but didnt seem to think it big enough so he pooped on the patio. Guess I will dig a little more today. It's probably frozen solid and will be hard to dig. Dont even want to think about my car. Maybe its time for an assisted living place. hmmmmm. Nah...
Attached Thumbnails
MD * Maryland Anyone........?III-dsci0205.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2010, 04:43 AM   #2690  
Glitter Guru

Good morning! Sure hope everyone has their electric power restored by now. (and that no one else loses theirs!) Sure looks like it will be a long haul to get dug out of this one...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2010, 05:02 AM   #2691  
Watercolor Wizard

I'm SO glad that Amanda is with Stacy! I sure hope that Tracy and Cheri are okay...anyone else live on post that I'm forgetting? I can't imagine being without power in all of this!

I'm heading out into the frozen tundra to help DH shovel out...hope I don't fall into one of those 7 foot snow drift. I'll be lost until the spring thaw!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2010, 05:08 AM   #2692  
Forum Fanatic

Good Morning Everyone! Rose, Toby looks like my dogs, very confused as to what to do, they just stand on the deck looking bewildered, like "where did ALL THAT come from"? LOL

Hope everyone's power gets restored today and we can all get somewhat dug out. I'll post a pic later of the "mountains" in my front yard! I'm sure hoping the gov decides to close state offices tomorrow if the side streets don't get plowed today.

Stay safe and warm everyone!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2010, 05:15 AM   #2693  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

I'm SO glad that Amanda is with Stacy! I sure hope that Tracy and Cheri are okay...anyone else live on post that I'm forgetting? I can't imagine being without power in all of this!

I'm heading out into the frozen tundra to help DH shovel out...hope I don't fall into one of those 7 foot snow drift. I'll be lost until the spring thaw!
Has anyone talked to either of them to see if they have power? I can't imagine being without power all this time either!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2010, 05:25 AM   #2694  
Pearl-ExPert

we are mostly dug out, the contractor is outside now trying to put a dent in the roads. yesterday most of the neighbors kinda shoveled the road themselves. Adam our State trooper actually parked his patrol car across the road at the 7/11. the snow is up to the door knobs of those people who didn't dig out yesterday( Adam included..he works nights)

right now I have issues with the deck being hammered by falling icicles

Not sure what John will do today, I am letting him sleep til he wakes up as opposed to our normal: up by 9 am no matter what. If he wants to watch the game he will either go over to the Brass rail( no beer in the house left) or I will go hide downstairs and possibly do some decluttering in my craft area.

Stacy: how are the girls liking having BOYS over to play with?! and all those cats and dogs and extra adults.. woah!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2010, 05:39 AM   #2695  
Pearl-ExPert

Default Relieved

Thanks Amanda for letting us know you are safe. Any word on Tracy and Cherie? This is some nasty stuff and I believe I hear a reporter say that Pawncetawny was seen in Glen Burnie diggin tunnels under a shed on Mapledale.......which later was reported to have caved in! Now do you believe me about the rat?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2010, 05:45 AM   #2696  
Stazon Splitcoast

Did anyone else hear the news report stating to be sure to shovel your decks. The weight of all this snow can make them cave, especially as it starts to melt and get heavier.

One of my friends in Ho Co had a tree fall on her house yesterday too. They were lucky that only the top couple feet of the tree (a pine) hit and it didn't break any windows or do any damage.
Old 02-07-2010, 06:52 AM   #2697  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Did anyone else hear the news report stating to be sure to shovel your decks. The weight of all this snow can make them cave, especially as it starts to melt and get heavier.

One of my friends in Ho Co had a tree fall on her house yesterday too. They were lucky that only the top couple feet of the tree (a pine) hit and it didn't break any windows or do any damage.
One of our trees fell through our fence and hit our neighbor's deck. Not sure what the damage is yet. Will have to access when we can get over there... The neighbor came over to let us know.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2010, 07:40 AM   #2698  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Thanks for the info. Never thought of the weight of the snow on the deck. Guess I will get out there and do some shoveling. Glad everyone made it throught the storm ok. Sure hope Tracy and Cheri are ok. I can't imagine having no heat in all this.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2010, 07:51 AM   #2699  
Watercolor Wizard

Whew! That's alot of snow to move! We only did the top half of our driveway- we can get 3 cars in so that's all we need...
Attached Thumbnails
MD * Maryland Anyone........?III-diggingout3.jpg   MD * Maryland Anyone........?III-diggingout5.jpg   MD * Maryland Anyone........?III-diggingout1.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2010, 09:17 AM   #2700  
Gallery Gazer

Default I hate snow

Hello and good morning Ladies!

THANK YOU again Stacy and Family! Not only did they open their home to us but even drove over to pick us up. What great people they are. Thanks again Stacy! The cats stayed home and it made them like each other. So some good came of it. Keke had nothing to do with her before now the are sleeping together. Guess we need to think of a name for her.

Okay 3 hours to dig out the drive and another hour to dig out the sidewalk and yes I now HATE SNOW. I'm not sure why but our drive and sidewalk drift up really bad. Everyone else has like 2-3.5 feet we have 5.5-6feet. Just sucks!
Attached Thumbnails
MD * Maryland Anyone........?III-snow01.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2010, 09:21 AM   #2701  
Stazon Splitcoast

Well, the stuff I shoveled yesterday is down to the pavement and drying. I threw some salt down and it is doing the trick rather nicely. I went out and widened the apron so I could actually get my car out. A guy that J has talked to down the street saw me and grabbed his shovel and in less then 5 minutes we had that tackled. I did part of the deck too. We are getting some major sun in the back so the deck was steaming where it was drying up. I went back out and just spread some of the snow around and figured I would let mother nature lend me a hand. I left my yard stick on the table, and the snow has shrunk 3" already, just means it is getting packed in heavier. Better to get to it sooner than later, it's just going to be more and more difficult to do anything. I think we are in good shape to go to our Super Bowl party this evening. Just what we need. Especially since we may not be in school all week, AAAGGGGHHHH!
Old 02-07-2010, 02:25 PM   #2702  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmandaWView Post
Hello and good morning Ladies!

THANK YOU again Stacy and Family! Not only did they open their home to us but even drove over to pick us up. What great people they are. Thanks again Stacy! The cats stayed home and it made them like each other. So some good came of it. Keke had nothing to do with her before now the are sleeping together. Guess we need to think of a name for her.

Okay 3 hours to dig out the drive and another hour to dig out the sidewalk and yes I now HATE SNOW. I'm not sure why but our drive and sidewalk drift up really bad. Everyone else has like 2-3.5 feet we have 5.5-6feet. Just sucks!
Glad you guys are back home and have power now! And it usually doesn't take long for cats to start liking each other, especially when one is a baby! I'm glad they are buddies!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2010, 02:35 PM   #2703  
Forum Fanatic

We are all pooped and sore! I don't want to shovel anymore snow for the next 10years!
Attached Thumbnails
MD * Maryland Anyone........?III-100_0150.jpg   MD * Maryland Anyone........?III-100_0146.jpg   MD * Maryland Anyone........?III-100_0158.jpg  

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2010, 02:42 PM   #2704  
Mad Swapper

But what a great job you did. I want to see a plow or maybe just my street. So far nothing has come up it. You can see where the road is suppose to be at the end of our drive
Attached Thumbnails
MD * Maryland Anyone........?III-dscn1233.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2010, 02:49 PM   #2705  
Forum Fanatic

We were lucky as one of our neighbors has a plow on his truck and he made a couple passes around the neighborhood. But a lot of the people who tried to get up our street still got stuck. We are on a pretty steep hill.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2010, 02:51 PM   #2706  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ougot2View Post
But what a great job you did. I want to see a plow or maybe just my street. So far nothing has come up it. You can see where the road is suppose to be at the end of our drive
Gloria, I don't think you are going anywhere anytime soon!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2010, 04:22 PM   #2707  
Embossing Fanatic

hi everyone, I am still standing. I had to shovel all of the snow solo. Hubby is TDY until the 19th. Thankfully one of my guy neighbors felt pity and helped me clear the front of my car out. I feel like a tree fell on me.. ...... Let alone our house. Yes we do have a tree on our house & deck. Thankfully it just ripped the gutter and soffet on one corner and not our heat-pump. We still have all of the windows and power, so we're blessed. maybe tomorrow I'll clear part of the deck

Gotta scoot, I've got a clingy toddler on my lap3222222222
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2010, 05:44 PM   #2708  
Glitter Guru

Good night all...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2010, 06:03 PM   #2709  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathi127View Post
We were lucky as one of our neighbors has a plow on his truck and he made a couple passes around the neighborhood. But a lot of the people who tried to get up our street still got stuck. We are on a pretty steep hill.
Oh, I can't imagine having to climb your street in the snow and ice! Yikes!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2010, 06:05 PM   #2710  
Watercolor Wizard

For some reason our street has been plowed quite a few times and is really in pretty good shape...not sure why THIS time is any from any other snow storm...we usually have to wait to be plowed...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2010, 06:06 PM   #2711  
Crimping Master

HI All! I spent a very busy day putting up laundry LOL but it is done!!! woohooo! now to tackle the 3 large boxes of shoes next weekend and my garage!

The girls enjoyed having the boys over........I think Autumn's friend that was staying over got a bit jealous over the attention autumn was bestowing on Amanda's oldest son LOL

Not a problem at all, I am happy my house did not break you out in hives LOL I think her hubby was amazed at how everytime he turned around another kid appeared LOL Yeah about the cats - I bet that will get the little one going good having an adoptive mommy!!

I have not heard from Tracy or Cherie either, from what I can tell though base is pretty much dug out today and power seems restored everwhere.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2010, 09:12 PM   #2712  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathi127View Post
Gloria, I don't think you are going anywhere anytime soon!
No I think we are going to be here for a while.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2010, 09:15 PM   #2713  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

For some reason our street has been plowed quite a few times and is really in pretty good shape...not sure why THIS time is any from any other snow storm...we usually have to wait to be plowed...

I think one of those plow trips was ment to be ours.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2010, 09:16 PM   #2714  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by HobbyaholicView Post
hi everyone, I am still standing. I had to shovel all of the snow solo. Hubby is TDY until the 19th. Thankfully one of my guy neighbors felt pity and helped me clear the front of my car out. I feel like a tree fell on me.. ...... Let alone our house. Yes we do have a tree on our house & deck. Thankfully it just ripped the gutter and soffet on one corner and not our heat-pump. We still have all of the windows and power, so we're blessed. maybe tomorrow I'll clear part of the deck

Gotta scoot, I've got a clingy toddler on my lap3222222222
Man that was a lot of snow to shovel by yourself. You will probably feel it tomorrow. Way to go!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2010, 03:31 AM   #2715  
Insane Embellisher

We lost power Friday night....It just came back on at 2am this morning...Once the hubs wakes up, we will start bringing in the groceries from the snow. Am letting him sleep as long as he deems neccessary! After all the snow shoveling and not getting back from the ER until 12:45 this morning, he deserves to sleep...I fell on the ice and landed on my head last night at 8 - had been in the car charging the cell phones. CAT scan says mild concussion and a sinus infection. Glad everyone is warm, or getting there...

Last edited by devonsmom98; 02-08-2010 at 04:20 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2010, 04:12 AM   #2716  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by devonsmom98View Post
We lost power Friday night....It just came back on at 2am this morning...Once the hubs wakes up, we will start bringing in the groceries from the snow. Am letting him sleep as long as he deems neccessary! After all the snow shoveling and not getting back from the ER until 12:45 this morning, he deserves to sleep...I fell on the ice and landed on my head last night at 8 - had been in the car charging the cell phones. CAT scan says mild concussion and a sinus infections - truth be told, I think the hit just knocked everything lose! Glad everyone is warm, or getting there...
I hope you are feeling okay, at least you have power now to relax in. Smart about the groceries in the snow

All be very careful my hubs busted his arse walking the dog last night so it is VERY icy out there.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2010, 04:18 AM   #2717  
Watercolor Wizard

Oh, good grief...from AOL News:

"A combination of heavy snow and strong wind is likely in eastern Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York City, Long Island, and perhaps southern New England from Tuesday night through Wednesday as the storm intensifies along the Eastern Seaboard.

More than a foot of wind-blown snow might accumulate Tuesday into Wednesday, likely snarling transit. As with the recent storm farther to the south, power outages will be possible.

If the storm intensifies a little sooner than Tuesday night, then heavy snow and wind will start a little earlier. In that scenario, heavy snow would extend southward into Delaware and northern Maryland, including Baltimore."

How much more can we take??

Cherie, glad you'r power is back on...hope you're okay after your fall!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2010, 04:22 AM   #2718  
Pearl-ExPert

anybody want more bad news?

apparently back on January 10th my EFMP category was released only nobody bothered to tell me. I am Cat4.. which means. I AM NOT going to Okinawa.

Oh well, on the one hand it now means we know exactly what to expect as far as getting stuff done and he can leave early if he wants to.. don't have to find a renter for the house now.

so you ladies are stuck with me a while longer....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2010, 04:55 AM   #2719  
Pearl-ExPert

Cherie - welcome back. Hope you are feeling ok after your fall. Glad you got tothe ER and got treatment.
DM - Im sorry about your Cat4 and not being able to go w/your husband. I know you must be disappointed. Cant believe they never told you.
Hopefully Tues snow will keep to the north. My sister in Poughkeepsie, NY, didnt get any snow! I couldnt believe it. She'll get this one Im sure.
The sun's out now so maybe some will melt. It wont all be melted until June, especially if we get some more tomorrow. I cant imagine another 10 in on top of this.
Enjoy the day!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2010, 05:06 AM   #2720  
Pearl-ExPert

Cherie, I am glad you are okay. Gloria, you definitely win the prize for truly being snowed in! Larry just called to say our street is an ice slick and I should not even try to go out. My friends in Mass got nothing!
I need to remember that trick about using the snow as a fridge if the power goes out as it did go out for a few minutes this morning. I sure hope it doesn't do it again.
Reply With Quote Likes