Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-16-2010, 10:54 AM   #1841  
Gallery Gazer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ougot2View Post
Well, I guess that is out of the question. After asking my daughter I find out that I have a Blue and Gold banquet to go to at 5 that night for Cub scouts. Geez how did that happen. You would think that they could postpone it, knowing how important a trip to Amish country is. Maybe next time.
Ahhh if anything changes let us know. The stores are so fun and really good prices.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2010, 11:51 AM   #1842  
Pearl-ExPert

The prices are really good! I got some nesties so low and hadn't seen before along with some really great buys on stamps.

It was a really fun day! New Plates are now on my car! For those who didn't know it is "STAMPER" . Pretty nifty! Mike was putting them on for me when he put his cigar in the front of his car, looked like the car was taking a smoke, should have taken a picture....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2010, 12:08 PM   #1843  
Mad Swapper

Well, I was just on my way to my daughters house from the Mountain Rd Michaels. I turned off Mtn. Rd onto Edwin Raynor and there about half way down to my daughters drive into her housing developement was a body laying in the ditch. At first I thought it was a dummy but decided to call 911 anyway. Yes, it was a real person. The police came and had the person setting up before the ambulance got there. I wasn't sure if it was a long haired man (because of the clothes) or a woman in a suit. Still don't. It sure shook me up. Not a pretty site. I am still trying to get over it. I think I need a drink. I thought for sure they were dead. Their mouth was open and all crunched up kind of on their side. They must have passed out or something. So after that, how's everyones day. Mines got to get better.

Last edited by Ougot2; 01-16-2010 at 12:11 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2010, 12:13 PM   #1844  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmandaWView Post
Ahhh if anything changes let us know. The stores are so fun and really good prices.
Thanks I will
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2010, 01:17 PM   #1845  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Well, I was just on my way to my daughters house from the Mountain Rd Michaels. I turned off Mtn. Rd onto Edwin Raynor and there about half way down to my daughters drive into her housing developement was a body laying in the ditch. At first I thought it was a dummy but decided to call 911 anyway. Yes, it was a real person. The police came and had the person setting up before the ambulance got there. I wasn't sure if it was a long haired man (because of the clothes) or a woman in a suit. Still don't. It sure shook me up. Not a pretty site. I am still trying to get over it. I think I need a drink. I thought for sure they were dead. Their mouth was open and all crunched up kind of on their side. They must have passed out or something. So after that, how's everyones day. Mines got to get better.
Oh, good grief! What a horrible thing to come upon- even if they were still alive it would be scary!! Go have that drink- have 2! You deserve it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2010, 01:28 PM   #1846  
Crimping Master

OH wow Gloria Definitely go take a breather! What a horrid experience but you handled it well!!

Amanda - Happy to hear about Evan!!

Loretta - Happy so many things are going well for you right now! Son visiting and tags!

Kimme - sorry to hear about your daughter!! How is the DT submissions coming? If there are red spots it is not ink huh LOL talk about putting your "blood" sweat and tears into a project! My hands are not as bad here but in VA I could not keep them from cracking in the winter.

Mindy - Welcome!!! I totally missed your post - probably because I was bantering with Jane! I hope you can make it to one of the swaps in the area - they are tons of fun!

Aside - If you EVER think it is a good idea to rearrange your entire house and totally move around 4 rooms - THINK AGAIN!!! Going nuts here with stuff everywhere!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2010, 01:29 PM   #1847  
Pearl-ExPert

OMG, That is terrible, Have a long stiff one! Hugs!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2010, 02:38 PM   #1848  
Pearl-ExPert

Gloria, that is very scary. We once found a body in the middle of the road on 197 on New Years Eve quite a few years ago. Ours didn't turn out as well as yours. It haunts me to this day. You need a good hot chocolate and some TLC for sure. I hope the rest of your day/week-end is a huge improvement. Hugs to you. Amanda, never been jane-napped! glad the little one is doing better and hope he didn't pass it to Kimme's girls mentally. Kimme, hope they are doing better and you don't get it. Can't wait to see your card!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2010, 04:15 PM   #1849  
Forum Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by ms.rhettaView Post
I should be able to do the 20th of feb. Next week, on the 20th, DH and I celebrate our
9th anniversary!
Congratulations on the anniversary Loretta! Mike is a sweetheart and you two are lucky to have found each other!

Glad you finally got your tags and they are correct! I've got my application ready to go for my Golden Retriever Rescue Tags, I have to get my license renewed this month so I'll take it with me when I go. I think they said it would be 6-8 weeks until I would get them.

Stampin' Up! Demonstrator

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2010, 04:17 PM   #1850  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by MelenaPrincessView Post
I have been working my fingers to bloody stumps stamping the past few days for the Queen Kat Design Call Competition. OK, my knuckles are bleeding from dry skin (I used the wrong soap the other day) and not from stamping, but still, when it stings to move your hands it is not fun to stamp.

I also have a sick kid. Reg woke up the other night and she and I slept half the night in the family room because she said her tummy hurt, she was fine in the morning. Then when I picked her up from school yesterday she had the slightest runny nose, woke up this morning and she looks and sounds terrible. She is staying in her PJ's and just keeps saying, "I don't feel very well." They only have school on Wednesday this week any way, so if she is going to be sick, I guess this is the time to do it. Now if Mackenzie would just get a little sick so she would slow down I would be a happy Mama. It's tough when one is going 110mph and the other is a slug.
Sorry to hear Reganne is sick, it's no fun when you've got one sick and two others to keep entertained at the same time! I hope she feels better soon!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2010, 04:19 PM   #1851  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Ahhh hope she feels better soon!

Evan's feeling better today meds must be working he's off the sofa. Much better than yesterday.
So glad to know he is feeling better!!!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2010, 04:21 PM   #1852  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Well, I guess that is out of the question. After asking my daughter I find out that I have a Blue and Gold banquet to go to at 5 that night for Cub scouts. Geez how did that happen. You would think that they could postpone it, knowing how important a trip to Amish country is. Maybe next time.
Oh rats Gloria! Hope you can make the next trip, I'm sure there will be several more throughout the year!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2010, 04:22 PM   #1853  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Your going! Even if I have to Jane-nap you...your going! lol
I'll help you Jane-nap her! She definitely has to go!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2010, 04:27 PM   #1854  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Oh my Gloria, what an awful experience! It was a blessing that you saw the person though, it would have been dark very soon after and they might not have been spotted at all which could have had dire consequences depending on their condition. I hope you've had that drink by now and feeling better!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2010, 04:33 PM   #1855  
Forum Fanatic

Just got off the phone with my sister-in-law, she called to tell us that Dean's Dad is treating all of us to a 7-day cruise to FL and the Bahamas in August! We leave out of Baltimore on Aug. 8th. DH doesn't want to go, can you believe that? Says he'll be bored (no hot rods on the ship!) I told him I'm going with him or without him, can't pass up an offer like that! LOL

Now I've really got an incentive to drop some pounds!!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2010, 04:44 PM   #1856  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathi127View Post
Just got off the phone with my sister-in-law, she called to tell us that Dean's Dad is treating all of us to a 7-day cruise to FL and the Bahamas in August! We leave out of Baltimore on Aug. 8th. DH doesn't want to go, can you believe that? Says he'll be bored (no hot rods on the ship!) I told him I'm going with him or without him, can't pass up an offer like that! LOL

Now I've really got an incentive to drop some pounds!!!
WOW!!! What a gift. Can't believe your husband doesn't want to go. But now that I think of it Jim probably wouldn't either. Men?? Who can figure them out. Well, you enjoy the trip. I would love to take a cruise. Being waited on and pampered for seven days what a dream vacation.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2010, 04:52 PM   #1857  
Pearl-ExPert

Gloria - what a horror. Thank goodness the person wasnt dead or murdered. I wouldve had to stay and look tho once the police got there. shudder.
Jane - when did you find the body on 197? Ws it around contee rd? Dont know why Im asking, just being nosy.
Hope the kiddies are all getting better. So sad when the little ones are sick.
I got my cabinet built and am now ready to put the stamps in. Im sorting them by things like animals, flower, words/letters, etc. I cant decide how to label the ones that have multiple sayings w/pics. I'll change them around a few times Im sure.
Have a good evening. r
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2010, 07:09 PM   #1858  
Stazon Splitcoast

Gloria~Oh wow! Glad that you were able to call and get help for that poor soul.

Queen Kat Contest stuff is done No more working my fingers to the bone....Hahaha! It's on my blog if you care to look.
Old 01-16-2010, 08:14 PM   #1859  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

OMG! At least you were able to help.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2010, 08:16 PM   #1860  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by ms.rhettaView Post
I should be able to do the 20th of feb. Next week, on the 20th, DH and I celebrate our
9th anniversary!
Have a wonderful anniversary!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2010, 05:15 AM   #1861  
Watercolor Wizard

Good morning. It's a sad day in Baltimore...okay, now I'm ready for baseball!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2010, 05:46 AM   #1862  
Stazon Splitcoast

So sorry Raven's fans.
Old 01-17-2010, 06:13 AM   #1863  
Pearl-ExPert

Watching the Raven's game was just plain sad, so sorry Raven fans!

How is everyone doing on this rainy day? I'm trying to get some new stamps put away and also do a little of the bulkier house work, but I refuse to get out of my jammies.

I'll catch up soon.

Thank you for all the well wishes for my anniversary!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2010, 09:41 AM   #1864  
Hardware Hotshot

All this rain is wonderful...great stamping weather. Hope you all are doing well.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2010, 10:08 AM   #1865  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by tracyltrippView Post
All this rain is wonderful...great stamping weather. Hope you all are doing well.
It's so dark and dreary that I just don't feel like doing anything- even stamping! ::gasp::
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2010, 10:11 AM   #1866  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey Jane....want my monsters for an afternoon? I can get them there in about an hour. Mackenzie is driving me CRAZY, doesn't help that The Hubs is at work and I am supposed to go grocery shopping today, but with this rain I don't wanna, and besides, Reg is having another Jammie Day today.
Old 01-17-2010, 10:19 AM   #1867  
Pearl-ExPert

Been stamping images all morning with my new Whipper snapper stamps, even made a birthday card for a friend out of state, the card is on the blog if you want to see it!

I am admitting I'm getting the tireds this afternoon. NO I have not gotten out of jammies, and I've got a full tummy. Ate breakfast for lunch!

Seems like the kinda day to sleep, stamp, potty, sleep stamp repeat! Have a great afternoon everyone!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2010, 10:50 AM   #1868  
Crimping Master

Hi. Hope everyone is warm and cozy this dreary afternoon. It is a good day to stay in your jammies, but we're having company for late lunch/early dinner. Only my SIL and BIL but I don't think they'd appreciate me being in my PJs! The minestrone soup is simmering and the homemade bread smells delicious. It'll be a nice afternoon.

The best things in life are the people we love, the places we've been and the memories we've made along the way - unknown

SCS Gallery

Check out my blog!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2010, 10:59 AM   #1869  
Gallery Gazer

Hey Ladies!

I just posted my new nestie storage on my blog if anyone want's to take a peek. Thanks Jeaneen for the magnet sheets I've been having FUN!

Hugs to all!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2010, 11:15 AM   #1870  
Crimping Master

Happy Sunday!! Mary - Sorry about your ravens....I like your lighthouse though =0)

Kathi - I am with you - go and have a blast on that cruise with or without hubby LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2010, 11:18 AM   #1871  
Crimping Master

Amanda! Love your nesties storage!!! I will have to try that when I get some more (my nesties supply is rather pitiful right now!

Does anyone have any good ideas for storing punches?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2010, 11:19 AM   #1872  
Gallery Gazer

Hey Stacy

How is the room move going?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2010, 11:21 AM   #1873  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emerald77View Post
Amanda! Love your nesties storage!!! I will have to try that when I get some more (my nesties supply is rather pitiful right now!

Ikea has some really cool storage stuff. Let me know when your free something an we will go. Fun Fun stuff in that store.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2010, 11:36 AM   #1874  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

I keep thinking to just use a curtain rod to store them on. may actually do that in Okinawa...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2010, 11:52 AM   #1875  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Hey Stacy

How is the room move going?
I am in hell LOL room stuff is in right spots but the playroom and my scrap/office room look like something blew the rooms apart!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2010, 11:53 AM   #1876  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Ikea has some really cool storage stuff. Let me know when your free something an we will go. Fun Fun stuff in that store.
I am game for that I love Ikea!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2010, 11:54 AM   #1877  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrsjvbView Post
I keep thinking to just use a curtain rod to store them on. may actually do that in Okinawa...
curtain rods? do you have a pic of someone storing them with the rods?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2010, 12:38 PM   #1878  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

I am game for that I love Ikea!
Pick me up on the way there -- love that store!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2010, 12:39 PM   #1879  
Mad Swapper

Has anyone seen the punches from SU. They can be stored on their end and it has a picture of the punch on the end that will be up. Someone was thinking. I was thinking of storing my punches on curtain rods also. I am just not sure of the weight of the punches on the rods. At Creative Crafts a lady was talking about the storage system she got from Ikea. I wasn't sure what system she was talking about but it sounded great. She was saying she now has four of them. It sounded like it was a cabinet. This looks like a good idea. It is from Ikea
Attached Thumbnails
MD * Maryland Anyone........?III-punch-storage.jpg  

Last edited by Ougot2; 01-17-2010 at 12:46 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2010, 12:49 PM   #1880  
Stazon Splitcoast

I know a few people have these rails from Ikea and hang their punches on them. I want to try that above my counter space since the drawer I had them in is beginning to buckle from the weight, even after selling many of them.

I found samples:
http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...0&ppuser=35303

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...0&ppuser=35303