Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-15-2010, 05:25 AM   #1761  
Mad Swapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmGee458View Post
Didn't get to post this yesterday- my school is doing the Biggest Loser again and yesterday was our first weigh-in and....I lost 5-3/4 lbs! Woo Hoo!! How are you other weight-watchers doing??
Holy Smokes, Mary!!! Thats wonderful.!!!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2010, 05:30 AM   #1762  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

I think there were 2 bird stamps at the swap- mine and Jeaneen's. Jeaneen's was a tall stamp with several cute birds. Mine was just a solid bird with leaves and a branch.
Does anyone know what company made the tall bird stamp?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2010, 05:42 AM   #1763  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emerald77View Post
does pinkish purple count? Morning all and booo I dont get a 3 day weekend lol...I really need to go back to working for a bank
Anything with a purple tone counts!

Working for a band you'd get lots of 3-day weekends!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2010, 05:49 AM   #1764  
Crimping Master

I think the tall stacked bird was unity. and the bird with the swirly butt LOL was something I can find at michaels but cant remember name.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2010, 06:34 AM   #1765  
Pearl-ExPert

Mornin' all. Thanks again for the ride, the food and the conversation yesterday, Tracy.

one step closer to leaving.. yipee skip.

John will be home LATE tonight.. close to midnight probably but it's a three day weekend and the cats have Vet appointments tomorrow.

gonna try and work on projects today.. it's almost warm in my girl cave now that it is no longer below freezing outside.

will also be going through my stamping stuff.. deciding what gets stored, what I want to sell and what I cannot live without while I am in Japan.
I just hope that I will be allowed to bring back more than 4000 pounds( all we can bring over) especially if I find copics and paper and other embellies easily..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2010, 06:36 AM   #1766  
Stazon Splitcoast

The girls are supposed to wear something from their favorite sports team today....I guess they didn't want to restrict it to the Ravens. They have NOTHING. I guess I can dress Mackenzie in purple, that's not hard, but I have to get creative with Reganne. I really can't go out and buy them anything Ravens either for fear of being disowned by my family in Cleveland. Just as none of you from here could ever root from that team in Indy. Sigh. Maybe I can find some scarlet and gray in her closet....Go Bucks!
Old 01-15-2010, 06:52 AM   #1767  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrsjvbView Post
Mornin' all. Thanks again for the ride, the food and the conversation yesterday, Tracy.

John will be home LATE tonight.. close to midnight probably but it's a three day weekend and the cats have Vet appointments tomorrow.

gonna try and work on projects today.. it's almost warm in my girl cave now that it is no longer below freezing outside.

will also be going through my stamping stuff.. deciding what gets stored, what I want to sell and what I cannot live without while I am in Japan.
I just hope that I will be allowed to bring back more than 4000 pounds( all we can bring over) especially if I find copics and paper and other embellies easily..
oh wow 4,000 lbs is tough!!!! maybe you can flat rate some boxes home prior to your arrival? My friend in alaska did that with some of her items prior to her move up there. You could fit a LOT of copics in those flat rate boxes
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2010, 06:54 AM   #1768  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by MelenaPrincessView Post
The girls are supposed to wear something from their favorite sports team today....I guess they didn't want to restrict it to the Ravens. They have NOTHING. I guess I can dress Mackenzie in purple, that's not hard, but I have to get creative with Reganne. I really can't go out and buy them anything Ravens either for fear of being disowned by my family in Cleveland. Just as none of you from here could ever root from that team in Indy. Sigh. Maybe I can find some scarlet and gray in her closet....Go Bucks!
I cheated one day and threw autumn in her soccer jersey lol...we also did the bucs (TB bucs) on her too so if you have to go out of the area go for it!!

So autumn has a twin day coming up have you ever heard of that one? Do friends just dress similar?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2010, 06:57 AM   #1769  
Stazon Splitcoast

Twin Day, yeah, you are supposed to dress the same as your friend.....which is pretty dumb if you ask me. I mean who dresses their twins anything alike? Ooops, that could be me, but at least they wear different colors. And really, on more than one occasion they have ended up matching one of their school mates and they have never matched each other at school
Old 01-15-2010, 07:45 AM   #1770  
Gallery Gazer

morning all

Just got home I've been at Patient First all morning with Evan. He has pneumonia poor kid. They did some breathing treatments and IV meds. Now he's home and resting on the sofa. He has to go back in 3 days for more x-rays.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2010, 09:20 AM   #1771  
Forum Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

does pinkish purple count? Morning all and booo I dont get a 3 day weekend lol...I really need to go back to working for a bank
Love your new avatar Stacy!!! Great picture!!

Stampin' Up! Demonstrator

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2010, 09:22 AM   #1772  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

I think the tall stacked bird was unity. and the bird with the swirly butt LOL was something I can find at michaels but cant remember name.
LOL, the swirly butt bird is from Inkadinkado! It comes in a clear set as well as an individual wood mounted one. AC Moore has the clear set too but I don't know about the wood mounted.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2010, 09:26 AM   #1773  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrsjvbView Post

I know you are happy about that DM!!!

You and I are supposed to pick where we want to go for lunch on the 23rd, do you have anything in mind? I'm up for wherever you want to go, I eat anything! (unfortunately that's what has me in trouble with the scale now!)

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2010, 09:28 AM   #1774  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmandaWView Post
morning all

Just got home I've been at Patient First all morning with Evan. He has pneumonia poor kid. They did some breathing treatments and IV meds. Now he's home and resting on the sofa. He has to go back in 3 days for more x-rays.
Oh no, poor Evan! I'm so sorry to hear that, I hope the meds kick in quickly and he is feeling much better very soon!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2010, 09:35 AM   #1775  
Matboard Maniac

Hi! Anybody on the Eastern Shore? I just moved here from Texas a few months ago. I am actually in VA but the stateline runs right in front of our subdivision.

I'm 20 mins from Pocomoke and 45 mins or so from Salisbury and Ocean City. Any tips on shopping? I'm willing to drive!

Nice to meet you all. Hope to make some new friends. I'm really missing my stamping/scrapping buddies from Texas.

Mindy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2010, 09:46 AM   #1776  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampaHULAgirlView Post
Hi! Anybody on the Eastern Shore? I just moved here from Texas a few months ago. I am actually in VA but the stateline runs right in front of our subdivision.

I'm 20 mins from Pocomoke and 45 mins or so from Salisbury and Ocean City. Any tips on shopping? I'm willing to drive!

Nice to meet you all. Hope to make some new friends. I'm really missing my stamping/scrapping buddies from Texas.

Mindy
Hi Mindy and welcome! Most of us on this thread are on the Western shore, mainly AA County, Carroll County, Baltimore County and Howard County. We may have some PG County people too, I'm not sure. But you are more than welcome to join us at any of our events!

There is a shoebox swap being held on the Eastern Shore in Easton on March 14th if you are interested, here's the link:
http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...d.php?t=472639

There's also a shoebox swap in Baltimore on January 30th, and there will be one coming up in Laurel on February 27th that a lot of us will be attending so there is always something going on! Hope to see you at one of our swaps!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2010, 10:20 AM   #1777  
Matboard Maniac

Thanks, Kathi! I might have some company around that time but I'll do some checking and try to work it out!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2010, 10:26 AM   #1778  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

The one with the "swirly butt" is from Inkadinkadoo and is a set called Birds Galore. I DID, however, get it at Michael's.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2010, 10:28 AM   #1779  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

morning all

Ahh, poor little guy. Hope he gets well soon!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2010, 10:30 AM   #1780  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Mindy
Welcome, Mindy! Hopefully you can join us some day!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2010, 11:51 AM   #1781  
Pearl-ExPert

Welcome Mindy. Hope to meet you soon.

Amanda - Hope Evan is feeling better soon. Poor baby. Pneumonia is not fun thats for sure. Hope he's feeling better soon. Healing pup kisses from Toby.
Did monthly stamping at Michelles last night. There are only 5 of us so my choices of paper, etc is much easier. JANE - used your card from the swap as a start and a couple of the last "in" colors. Cute! I ended up making a template for the punching.
Take care everyone.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2010, 11:55 AM   #1782  
Stazon Splitcoast

Poor Evan....would he like my kids come over to cheer him up...haha. Big Gentle Hugs from us.
Old 01-15-2010, 12:31 PM   #1783  
Pearl-ExPert

Default Poor Kid~

Tell Evan I hope he feels better soon. That is rough when your kids are sick. Give him ice cream! I seem to have ice cream on the brain lately, don't I? I am trying to *figure out* the swing card but I really don't do well with the measurements etc. I have one version but it's rough. I will try another this week-end, I hope. Amanda, are you planning our next swap? I love the 20 card/no vendor limit swaps. I do seem to have less anxiety! Plus, I happen to think we have some pretty fabulous stampers. No pressure.........just suggesting! Jeaneen, are you surviving the back to work blues? Hope everyone has some fun plans for the week-end.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2010, 12:39 PM   #1784  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by harrahx2View Post
Tell Evan I hope he feels better soon. That is rough when your kids are sick. Give him ice cream! I seem to have ice cream on the brain lately, don't I? I am trying to *figure out* the swing card but I really don't do well with the measurements etc. I have one version but it's rough. I will try another this week-end, I hope. Amanda, are you planning our next swap? I love the 20 card/no vendor limit swaps. I do seem to have less anxiety! Plus, I happen to think we have some pretty fabulous stampers. No pressure.........just suggesting! Jeaneen, are you surviving the back to work blues? Hope everyone has some fun plans for the week-end.
Does trashing ones house and rearranging 3 full rooms count as fun? if so then I am going to have a BLAST this weekend

I agree Amanda I think you should have another swap (no pressure hahahaha)

Jane - when you figure out that swinging card let me know how you did it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2010, 12:44 PM   #1785  
Pearl-ExPert

If you saw my first attempt, you would not ask me for advice for sure!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2010, 12:51 PM   #1786  
Crimping Master

Quote:

If you saw my first attempt, you would not ask me for advice for sure!
I will show you mine if you show me yours LOL sorry had to say it
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2010, 12:53 PM   #1787  
Pearl-ExPert

You are a BAD Girl.............................very bad!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2010, 12:56 PM   #1788  
Crimping Master

Quote:

You are a BAD Girl.............................very bad!
It takes one to know one LMAO
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2010, 12:57 PM   #1789  
Crimping Master

Okay I will stop LOL off I go to figure out dinner - seriously though if you get one done any hints would be appreciated! I am going to attempt mine tonight!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2010, 01:21 PM   #1790  
Stazon Splitcoast

Good evening girls!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2010, 01:26 PM   #1791  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Good morning, Maryland! TGIF! I'm SO glad it's Friday AND a 3-day weekend for many of us!! Woo Hoo!

Hope everyone is wearing their purple today!!!
No purple on me today...saving my sweater for tomorrow. It's my favorite color, but I only have one sweater in that color. Strange!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2010, 01:27 PM   #1792  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by MelenaPrincessView Post

I must have been dressed for the Bucks today. Those are the shades I had on at work. LOL

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2010, 01:28 PM   #1793  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

morning all

Oh no! Poor little guy! Hope he feels better soon!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2010, 01:30 PM   #1794  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Mindy

Hi Mindy! Welcome to Maryland. Kathi said it best about where we are all and what is coming up around here. Thanks Kathi for being our spokesperson. LOL

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2010, 01:33 PM   #1795  
Stazon Splitcoast

Planning an impromptu trip to Amish Country on Saturday, February 20th, if anyone would like to go. Probably leave Baltimore no later than 7:30 since some of the Amish owned stores close early. Either post here or PM me if you are interested. Probably hit 6-7 stamp stores if we have time and have some yummy food along the way.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2010, 01:39 PM   #1796  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by CindyLView Post
Planning an impromptu trip to Amish Country on Saturday, February 20th, if anyone would like to go. Probably leave Baltimore no later than 7:30 since some of the Amish owned stores close early. Either post here or PM me if you are interested. Probably hit 6-7 stamp stores if we have time and have some yummy food along the way.
Yep I'm IN! Can't wait! Thanks again Cindy.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2010, 01:39 PM   #1797  
Gallery Gazer

Welcome Mindy!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2010, 01:42 PM   #1798  
Gallery Gazer

Jane, Stacy....Yep another swap is in the works already. My week got away from me but I'm going next week to the N/Hood center and booking the next date.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2010, 01:44 PM   #1799  
Gallery Gazer

Thanks Ladies

Evan's not feeling much better yet but I hope by tomorrow the meds will be working.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2010, 02:13 PM   #1800  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by CindyLView Post
Ahhh, can't go this time That is Thinking Day for scouts. Still enjoying all the goodies, from the last trip, though Hopefully, can make the next one. You are definitely a wonderful tour guide!
Reply With Quote Likes