Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-29-2009, 02:34 PM   #1321  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's the thread for the Baltimore/Perry Hall SBS on January 30 for those that are interested.

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...1#post15784497

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2009, 03:00 PM   #1322  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by ms.rhettaView Post
umm, what was I going to type here?

Oh I know, DH is driving me nuts, already worried about 2009 tax time, and he can't find our 2009 returns on the computer, I'm not 100% sure I know where a copy is (that ain't good, but can't you order an old return directly from the IRS?).

I still haven't accomplished anyting of meaning, I did attempt to make a pin cusion using material and the top note die, it is cute but my sewing abilities actually need some help!

Have a great afternoon!
The 2009 returns are going to be done in 2010 - you should be looking for 2008 if you want last year's returns...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2009, 03:03 PM   #1323  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by jtaxView Post
The 2009 returns are going to be done in 2010 - you should be looking for 2008 if you want last year's returns...

I'm slowly getting our tax donations together, so I can enter them into a spreadsheet. Can't believe it is tax time again. I'm sure you aren't looking forward to the hustle and bustle of it.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2009, 03:15 PM   #1324  
Gallery Gazer

Jeaneen glad the problem is fixed.

Cindy let me sleep on it tonight....two swaps in a month maybe a little much for me. I'll let you know tomorrow. Glad you had a good time on your trip. Sounds like lots of fun.

I found some really good deals today for the SBS! I can't wait!

Have a good night everyone.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2009, 03:19 PM   #1325  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by CindyLView Post
I'm slowly getting our tax donations together, so I can enter them into a spreadsheet. Can't believe it is tax time again. I'm sure you aren't looking forward to the hustle and bustle of it.
Actually, I love my job (partially because it is only for 3 1/2 months of the year!) and do look forward to it (weird, I know, but someone has to do it!) I just don't love that it consumes my stamping time (but it pays for the supplies...)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2009, 03:42 PM   #1326  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Actually, I love my job (partially because it is only for 3 1/2 months of the year!) and do look forward to it (weird, I know, but someone has to do it!) I just don't love that it consumes my stamping time (but it pays for the supplies...)
I'd definitely love it for the 3 1/2 months too. I know our tax lady hates it when the people come and aren't prepared. Just bring a shoebox full of receipts or stuff. Hopefully you will have well-prepared nice people. LOL

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2009, 03:45 PM   #1327  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

I'd definitely love it for the 3 1/2 months too. I know our tax lady hates it when the people come and aren't prepared. Just bring a shoebox full of receipts or stuff. Hopefully you will have well-prepared nice people. LOL
I have many clients that come year after year and I have been training them since their first visit... There are always the 'shoebox' folks, though...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2009, 03:52 PM   #1328  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmandaWView Post
Jeaneen glad the problem is fixed.

Cindy let me sleep on it tonight....two swaps in a month maybe a little much for me. I'll let you know tomorrow. Glad you had a good time on your trip. Sounds like lots of fun.

I found some really good deals today for the SBS! I can't wait!

Have a good night everyone.
That's fine. I thought about canceling mine this month, but since it was already on the church calendar and a few ladies have asked about it, I'd figure I'd do it. I found some bargains at Michael's yesterday too for a few of the prizes. Some of the after Christmas sales rock!

I wish I could come to your swap, but that's my weekend away with the girls. Speaking of weekend away with the girls, do we still want to try and plan a weekend up in Amish Country or just do another day trip?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2009, 05:50 PM   #1329  
Hardware Hotshot

Hey Loretta,

If you are coming on post sometime this week let me know so I can meet up with you or so you can drop by so I can give you your birthday gift along with the party favors since I will not be able to make your lunch on the 3rd or the 9th.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2009, 05:53 PM   #1330  
Pearl-ExPert

Cindy what a wonderful gift! Glad you had a good time. I keep forgetting about the Natl Harbor.
Loretta - what a mess w/your license plate. 3 1/2 hours - what an inconvenience and it was all because of THEM.
Jeaneen - glad you got your plumbing problem fixed!
Hope everyone had a good day! Talk to you tomorrow.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2009, 06:24 PM   #1331  
Forum Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by ms.rhettaView Post
Rose,

The MVA was interesting.

First off I told the lady at the check in counter (where the line was half way down the mva) that I had a vanity tag with a mis-spelled name, she didn't blink and gave me a misc. number ( I didn't have to stand in line).

So, I turned in the old stauper tag and had to get a second number to re-load the current registration into the computer. Fearing that my number had not been transfered I went to the supervisor station, she was like, 'You should have come to me in the beginning', and put in the correction. I had to go (now to the fifth) station to get the registration re-loaded into the computer so I can leagally drive my car in Maryland. It only took 3 1/2 hours in the mva that was only about 95* inside. No lies, I was melting.

I mean really when you reach 45 years old, some things like oh say hot flashes aren't pretty. I kept thinking I wish I had a bra on so I wouldn't get arrested for indecent exposer. (LOL).

Now to wait again, the people who issue the vanity tags are to do the correction and I should have the correct tags in about 3 weeks. I'm not holding my breath!

I hope you guys are doing well. Verizon fixed my tv's color problem (all the people where green) and will come out to see if they can fix my stereo problem, as of now I don't care if it costs me, I just want it fixed.

Have a great day, off to start my SBS, I've decided on a Valentine goodie of some kind, just need to flush my idea into fruition.

Stamping hugs,
Oh my gosh, 3 1/2 hours in a hot building! I would have been peeling the clothes off too! I have to renew my license next month, I hope it doesn't take that long, but I'll be sure to dress in summer clothes! LOL

Stampin' Up! Demonstrator

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2009, 06:27 PM   #1332  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Hi girls! Finally, a moment to breathe! Work has been crazy. And DH surprised me with part of my Christmas present being the weekend away to National Harbor near DC. We stayed in the Gaylord National Resort and went to their ice sculpture show. I felt like a queen since we normally go on vacation in a tent. LOL
Wasn't the Ice show amazing? We went on Cristmas Eve day and had a wonderful time. Did you find the PEEPS? My granddaughters had so much fun looking for them. Lucky you got to stay overnight!

The best things in life are the people we love, the places we've been and the memories we've made along the way - unknown

SCS Gallery

Check out my blog!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2009, 06:30 PM   #1333  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Looks like the plumbing saga is over and FIXED! Thanks for your support! Kathi, I appreciate the offer of your DH's assistance, but it looks like DH was able to do the job with a little input from the plumbing supply store guy. BUT, DH said it is good to know of a plumber we might be able to call for future issues!
Yay! I'm glad your DH was able to fix it!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2009, 06:32 PM   #1334  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Hi girls! Finally, a moment to breathe! Work has been crazy. And DH surprised me with part of my Christmas present being the weekend away to National Harbor near DC. We stayed in the Gaylord National Resort and went to their ice sculpture show. I felt like a queen since we normally go on vacation in a tent. LOL
What a nice Christmas present! I've heard great things about the National Harbor! Glad you had a nice time!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2009, 06:42 PM   #1335  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Glad to read that everyone had a good Christmas and that Jeaneen's DH fixed the plumbing issue. I'm always the gopher when DH needs something. What a fun job - not! LOL Kathi, hope Sammy is okay too.
Thanks Cindy, he is doing a lot better! The vet thinks he has an allergy to fleas, we found a flea on him while at the vet and he said one flea on a dog with an allergy to them can cause major havoc! He's been on Frontline for fleas and was just due for his monthly application. The vet put him on Prednisone, another round of antibiotics and more cream for the spot on his ear that he keeps messing with. I will have to be extra vigilant from here on out to make sure he doesn't go one day over on his flea meds. He could still have a food allergy as well, we will have to see what happens over time. But even with all his issues we wouldn't give him up for anything! Look at that sweet face:
Attached Thumbnails
MD * Maryland Anyone........?III-100_0094.jpg  

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2009, 06:49 PM   #1336  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathi127View Post
Thanks Cindy, he is doing a lot better! The vet thinks he has an allergy to fleas, we found a flea on him while at the vet and he said one flea on a dog with an allergy to them can cause major havoc! He's been on Frontline for fleas and was just due for his monthly application. The vet put him on Prednisone, another round of antibiotics and more cream for the spot on his ear that he keeps messing with. I will have to be extra vigilant from here on out to make sure he doesn't go one day over on his flea meds. He could still have a food allergy as well, we will have to see what happens over time. But even with all his issues we wouldn't give him up for anything! Look at that sweet face:
So glad Sammy is doing better. He is a cutie. I really miss my Molly girl. Maybe one day soon we'll be ready for another dog.

The best things in life are the people we love, the places we've been and the memories we've made along the way - unknown

SCS Gallery

Check out my blog!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2009, 06:50 PM   #1337  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Here's the thread for the Baltimore/Perry Hall SBS on January 30 for those that are interested.

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...1#post15784497

Cindy, I'm afraid I'm going to have to miss this one, it's the weekend of the Pet Expo in Timonium and I'll be working at the Golden Ret. Rescue booth both days. Hope to catch the next one!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2009, 06:55 PM   #1338  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by heyheypaulaView Post
So glad Sammy is doing better. He is a cutie. I really miss my Molly girl. Maybe one day soon we'll be ready for another dog.
Thanks so much Paula! I know how much you must miss your Molly. If you are anything like me it won't be long before you have to hear the pitter patter of little paws again.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2009, 06:56 PM   #1339  
Crimping Master

Finally uploading some Cristmas pictures. My DH made the cutest doll cradles for our granddaughters. The bumpers from their cribs that we had here were like brand new so I recycled them into bumpers for the cradles. Aren't they cute?
Attached Thumbnails
MD * Maryland Anyone........?III-christmas-2009-076.jpg  

SCS Gallery

Check out my blog!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2009, 07:20 PM   #1340  
Stazon Splitcoast

Wow Paula, your husband does wonderful work. Do you want to adopt another set of twin granddaughters?

Glad Sammy is doing better. I hate that they can't tell you what is wrong.

The Hubs and I were discussing tonight the possibility of a new animal in our future. He seems to think a new cat would be a good fit, but I hate kitty litter and know that I would be the one responsible at this point for all the clean up.
Old 12-29-2009, 07:24 PM   #1341  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Finally uploading some Cristmas pictures. My DH made the cutest doll cradles for our granddaughters. The bumpers from their cribs that we had here were like brand new so I recycled them into bumpers for the cradles. Aren't they cute?
These are adorable! Beautifully done! Lucky girls...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2009, 07:25 PM   #1342  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Kathi, Sammy is adorable!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2009, 07:28 PM   #1343  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Paula, these are gorgeous! What sweet gifts from their grandma and grandpa!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2009, 07:29 PM   #1344  
Glitter Guru

We heard from our DD today. She and her hubby were going to stay at his parents until the weekend, but DD is really missing her dog that she left with us, so they are returning tomorrow...We have been having a good time with her, but we are happy not to have the full time responsibility of a dog. This is a great arrangement - they leave her here for a few days and we play with/spoil her and give her back!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2009, 07:30 PM   #1345  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by MelenaPrincessView Post
Wow Paula, your husband does wonderful work. Do you want to adopt another set of twin granddaughters?

Glad Sammy is doing better. I hate that they can't tell you what is wrong.

The Hubs and I were discussing tonight the possibility of a new animal in our future. He seems to think a new cat would be a good fit, but I hate kitty litter and know that I would be the one responsible at this point for all the clean up.
We have already decided that once all our cats are gone there will be no more, we are tired of scooping kitty boxes! So I know how you feel!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2009, 07:31 PM   #1346  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Kathi, Sammy is adorable!
Awww....thanks Jeaneen! And Sammy says thank you too!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2009, 07:32 PM   #1347  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

We heard from our DD today. She and her hubby were going to stay at his parents until the weekend, but DD is really missing her dog that she left with us, so they are returning tomorrow...We have been having a good time with her, but we are happy not to have the full time responsibility of a dog. This is a great arrangement - they leave her here for a few days and we play with/spoil her and give her back!
Just like grandchildren! LOL

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2009, 07:35 PM   #1348  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Just like grandchildren! LOL
Just what we figure. We are practicing for the day when/if we have human grandchildren...until then, we will spoil the grandpup!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2009, 04:14 AM   #1349  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

That's fine. I thought about canceling mine this month, but since it was already on the church calendar and a few ladies have asked about it, I'd figure I'd do it. I found some bargains at Michael's yesterday too for a few of the prizes. Some of the after Christmas sales rock!

I wish I could come to your swap, but that's my weekend away with the girls. Speaking of weekend away with the girls, do we still want to try and plan a weekend up in Amish Country or just do another day trip?
I would love a weekend trip to Amish Country!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2009, 04:17 AM   #1350  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Wasn't the Ice show amazing? We went on Cristmas Eve day and had a wonderful time. Did you find the PEEPS? My granddaughters had so much fun looking for them. Lucky you got to stay overnight!
Is this still going on? I have lived here for 20 something years and never heard of it. I would love to see this. It sounds like everyone has been busy with MVA or Plumbers or whatever. Hope things settle down. Now to toot my own horn. A member of Our Dailey Bread team saw my card on Splitcoast (the one I did as the challenge card) and is featuring it as the card of the week on their blog. It will be featured next week. Toot toot. I am excited and nervous at the same time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2009, 04:19 AM   #1351  
Gallery Gazer

Good morning ladies. Geee I really need to get off this computer and clean my house before Loretta comes over. My house still looks like Toys R Us exploded in here. Have a great day!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2009, 04:20 AM   #1352  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Oh, my, these are great. My father made my sister and I cribs when we were little. We didn't take care of them. I wish we still had them. What a wonderful gift.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2009, 05:17 AM   #1353  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ougot2View Post
Is this still going on? I have lived here for 20 something years and never heard of it. I would love to see this. It sounds like everyone has been busy with MVA or Plumbers or whatever. Hope things settle down. Now to toot my own horn. A member of Our Dailey Bread team saw my card on Splitcoast (the one I did as the challenge card) and is featuring it as the card of the week on their blog. It will be featured next week. Toot toot. I am excited and nervous at the same time.
Woo Hoo, Gloria! I'm surprised someone hasn't picked up on your cards before! You are SO talented!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2009, 05:26 AM   #1354  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Kathi, is Sammy close to the higher end of the weight range on the Frontline you are giving him? Haiku always teeters that one or two pounds, so we often have to bump him up to the next wieght range, depending on how bad the critters are at any given time. That might would help as extra precaution, with his possible allergy. I couldn't believe Haiku had a tick attached Christmas weekend - would have thought it was definitely too cold with all that snow. Adorable pic of Sammy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2009, 05:32 AM   #1355  
Pearl-ExPert

Wow! Lots going on since I was last on here!
Kathi - Thanks for the Sammy pic. I just want to hug him! He is sooo cute.
Gloria - congrats on the card. I will have to look it up, Im sure its wonderful.
Paula - those cradles are beautiful. What a wonderful gift and beautifully made. I still have a set of little tables and chairs my father made me, probably 60 yrs ago. Very roughly made tho, not finished like your husbands.
Have a good day everyone.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2009, 05:32 AM   #1356  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

It ends the 10th of January. The tix are sold out through the 3rd, though....Congrats on your card! It is pretty.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2009, 06:10 AM   #1357  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

WooHoo - how exciting! Go ahead and toot!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2009, 06:11 AM   #1358  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by tracyltrippView Post
Hey Loretta,

If you are coming on post sometime this week let me know so I can meet up with you or so you can drop by so I can give you your birthday gift along with the party favors since I will not be able to make your lunch on the 3rd or the 9th.
Tracy,

I have to come on post this afternoon for a while, I drop by then if you're going to be home. Let me know and Thanks, I was disappointed we couldn't make the origional date!

Hugs,
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2009, 07:47 AM   #1359  
Watercolor Wizard

Jut got my Nesties order! My inlaws gave me some money for Christmas and I found some Nesties on Overstock.com that I have been wanting- I ordered the poinsettias, one of the snowflakes and the scallop circles to go with the plain circles that DS gave me for Christmas.

Question? How do you store your Nesties? Right now, I still have them in the original plastic containers that they come in, but is there a better storage method?? I can use all the organizational ideas I can get! My room's a MESS!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2009, 07:55 AM   #1360  
Glitter Guru

[QUOTE=EmGee458;15788544]Jut got my Nesties order! My inlaws gave me some money for Christmas and I found some Nesties on Overstock.com that I have been wanting- I ordered the poinsettias, one of the snowflakes and the scallop circles to go with the plain circles that DS gave me for Christmas.

Question? How do you store your Nesties? Right now, I still have them in the original plastic containers that they come in, but is there a better storage method?? I can use all the organizational ideas I can get! My room's a MESS![/QUOTE

Have fun with your nesties!

I store mine in the skinny tins that SU! has on the clearance aisle now. Each tin will hold one of the four packs - plain and scalloped in two sizes, or any other four sets. It's not the most space efficient, but it works for me. I have seen others that use the binder boxes with magnet sheets for nestie storage.
Reply With Quote Likes