Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-23-2009, 05:39 PM   #1201  
Forum Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmandaWView Post
Oh Jeaneen! I'm so sorry! I'm having one of those days to.

I woke up the house is 50 deg no heat....

Now I have no hot water.....

and our smoke alarm is going off every 5-10 min. I'm thinking we may have a C02 issue. M/man is on the way so they said 30min ago.

So wanna go have a drink?
Oh No! Not you too! I hope you get heat and hot water soon! And find out why your smoke detector keeps going off! Maybe it just needs batteries!

Stampin' Up! Demonstrator

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-23-2009, 05:40 PM   #1202  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmGee458View Post
Question of the Day:

What is your favorite holiday TV show/movie?

My all-time favorite holiday TV show is Nestor, the Long-Eared Donkey...they don't seem to play that on TV anymore, but thankfully DS gave it to me for Christmas on VHS years ago, so I can still watch it.

My all-time favorite holiday movie is The Night They Saved Christmas. It's a cheesy made-for-TV movie with Jaclyn Smith and Art Carney as Santa Claus. I just love it...again, they don't play it on TV anymore, but I have the tape. I watched it yesterday afternoon when I should have been cleaning!

I also love an old movie called It Came Upon A Midnight Clear with Mickey Rooney. Again, not on TV anymore and I can't find it anywhere on VHS or DVD. I'll just have to keep trying...oh, and I love the 1950's version of Scrooge with Alastair Sim as Scrooge. I DO have that on DVD! I always watch that Christmas Eve while I'm waiting for Santa to come.
I must have been living under a rock all these years, I've never heard of any of these!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-23-2009, 06:17 PM   #1203  
Glitter Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fun night! The kids and I played Scrabble and then Rubbicube... Not sure who won Scrabble, but I won Rummicube! Now off to work on redoing mom's cards... The wax came off, but left a red stain - on bashful blue cardstock - not pretty! It also left a not pretty stain on the oak dresser, Longaberger basket and liner and beige rug. Fortunately some of the other stuff was wrapped in plastic so it wasn't ruined, but looks like it was near a very messy battle! Oh, well, I'm done crying and moving on...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-23-2009, 06:52 PM   #1204  
Embossing Fanatic

http://houseostamps.wordpress.com/20...mas-card-poem/

This was one cute poem.

Sorry about the wax..

Happy day-and-a-half before christmas.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-24-2009, 04:21 AM   #1205  
Pearl-ExPert

Amanda...........heat? Is everything okay? Need help? Let me know.
Jeaneen, love Rummicube! Such a fun game.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-24-2009, 04:27 AM   #1206  
Insane Embellisher

Default Merry Christmas

I hope everyone has a wonderful day today. And, tomorrow, I hope you and yours have an even better Christmas. Enjoy your time with your loved ones.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-24-2009, 05:02 AM   #1207  
Watercolor Wizard

Good morning!! Happy Christmas Eve! Not so happy for DS- someone cut him off this morning on the DC Beltway on his way to work and he went into a snowbank. Thankfully it wasn't too bad- the car is drivable and he's fine, but he's leaving for California in 11 days and now needs to get this taken care of...

And...I think I might have pink eye...not sure...one eye is red and it feels 'dry'...no goo or tearing...hopefully eye drops will take care of it.

All my wrapping is done. I decided NOT to bake anything this year...we get enough goodies from others. Still need to vacuum, clean the bathroom and scrub the kitchen floor. Later I'll bake the ham and make potato salad, and then I'm done...

Enjoy your day!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-24-2009, 05:05 AM   #1208  
Gallery Gazer

Merry Christmas Eve!

Yep the M/Man came and fixed everything. Our smoke co2 are all in the same unit and they are all wired together so if one goes off they all go off and the bright flashing lights go off to. They didn't find anysign of co2 but couldn't tell me why it was freaking out.

Anyhoo it's fixed and we have warmed up so all is well.

Thanks for thinking of us everyone!

I'm off to get some last min holiday stuff done.

Christmas Hugs to all!
(( . )) (( . )) for you Jane!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-24-2009, 05:12 AM   #1209  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Good morning!! Happy Christmas Eve! Not so happy for DS- someone cut him off this morning on the DC Beltway on his way to work and he went into a snowbank. Thankfully it wasn't too bad- the car is drivable and he's fine, but he's leaving for California in 11 days and now needs to get this taken care of...

And...I think I might have pink eye...not sure...one eye is red and it feels 'dry'...no goo or tearing...hopefully eye drops will take care of it.
All my wrapping is done. I decided NOT to bake anything this year...we get enough goodies from others. Still need to vacuum, clean the bathroom and scrub the kitchen floor. Later I'll bake the ham and make potato salad, and then I'm done...

Enjoy your day!!

Mary sorry to hear about your son. Glad he is okay.

I went to the Doc not to long ago with this type of eye issue they looked at it and gave me allergy drops that I have to use at least a couple times a month. It's pretty much the same as visine allergy drops (sp). She told me if you don't have the nasty yellow/green gunk coming from your eye to use the drops. I hope this is all you have going on!

Hope it gets better soon!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-24-2009, 05:20 AM   #1210  
Pearl-ExPert

Hi everyone!

Whew, sorry about the heating issues, eye issues and cold issues! Hope everything gets resolved.
Mary, glad to hear DS is ok, I know that is scary especially when you have other plans in the works.
Amanda, its 9:15 am, and I'm close to needing that drink. What a morning so much to do and so little time left. Now to lug out the vacuum and fold the last load of clothes.
Have a great Christmas Eve, please be safe and warm.

Keeping Christ in Christmas!

Hugs,
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-24-2009, 06:23 AM   #1211  
Pearl-ExPert

Morning all. Amanda, so glad you got everything repaired.
Well, I got the stockings filled and hung, which is the last thing I usually have to do. The den looks like it was ransacked. Cant find the pens I got for the stockings, but thats no big deal as I didnt get the little notebooks covered and stamped anyhow. Now, on to the dining rm table clearing and setting. I dont have any decorations in the dining rm. Wonder if anyone will notice. Boxes of unused Christmas decor sitting around. Have to put them away somewhere. Then onto cleaning. We do our gift exchange Christmas Eve and we are just getting Chinese take out.
Have a good day everyone and a wonderful holiday!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-24-2009, 08:05 AM   #1212  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmandaWView Post
Mary sorry to hear about your son. Glad he is okay.

I went to the Doc not to long ago with this type of eye issue they looked at it and gave me allergy drops that I have to use at least a couple times a month. It's pretty much the same as visine allergy drops (sp). She told me if you don't have the nasty yellow/green gunk coming from your eye to use the drops. I hope this is all you have going on!

Hope it gets better soon!
Allergy, huh? Well, maybe it's the Christmas tree? We got a different kind than we usually get. We always get a Douglas Fir. This year I wanted something different and we got a Scotch Pine. I usually don't have allergies...but my eye is defintely NOT gunky, so I doubt it's pink eye. Visine does help...or maybe it's a Yankee Candle that I'm burning- I just started burning it a couple days ago and that seems to be about when the eye started...whatever- I like the smell- it's Holiday Wreath and smells 'pine-y'. Thanks for the input, Amanda! Hope everything is getting back to normal for you!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-24-2009, 08:07 AM   #1213  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rose0165View Post
Morning all. Amanda, so glad you got everything repaired.
Well, I got the stockings filled and hung, which is the last thing I usually have to do. The den looks like it was ransacked. Cant find the pens I got for the stockings, but thats no big deal as I didnt get the little notebooks covered and stamped anyhow. Now, on to the dining rm table clearing and setting. I dont have any decorations in the dining rm. Wonder if anyone will notice. Boxes of unused Christmas decor sitting around. Have to put them away somewhere. Then onto cleaning. We do our gift exchange Christmas Eve and we are just getting Chinese take out.
Have a good day everyone and a wonderful holiday!
...but...isn't SANTA supposed to do that???????

Don't worry about cleaning...5 minutes after everyone gets there it'll be a mess again, anyway!! At least that's how I see it!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-24-2009, 08:09 AM   #1214  
Watercolor Wizard

Tracking Santa- he's in Russia right now!

http://www.noradsanta.org/en/index
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-24-2009, 08:29 AM   #1215  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Tracking Santa- he's in Russia right now!

http://www.noradsanta.org/en/index.html
Ah!! Ochen Khorosho!!! (Very Good!!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-24-2009, 08:30 AM   #1216  
Glitter Guru

Making progress...

I made blueberry pancakes for breakfast. Got everything cleaned up, took two leaves out of the dining room table, put on a new Christmas tablecloth, got out the Christmas dishes, etc. and got them loaded in the dishwasher as they have been stored for a year...Found the candlesticks and candles and they are set up next to the poinsettia plants.

Made more cards for mom, got them boxed and wrapped!

Have Christmas CDs going...

Gathered the last minute things and looks like the guys are *needing* a few little goodies, but I am NOT going out - sorry guys!

I even dyed my hair this morning!

I can feel it - it's going to be a great day!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-24-2009, 08:44 AM   #1217  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by jtaxView Post
Making progress...

I made blueberry pancakes for breakfast. Got everything cleaned up, took two leaves out of the dining room table, put on a new Christmas tablecloth, got out the Christmas dishes, etc. and got them loaded in the dishwasher as they have been stored for a year...Found the candlesticks and candles and they are set up next to the poinsettia plants.

Made more cards for mom, got them boxed and wrapped!

Have Christmas CDs going...

Gathered the last minute things and looks like the guys are *needing* a few little goodies, but I am NOT going out - sorry guys!

I even dyed my hair this morning!

I can feel it - it's going to be a great day!
Whew! I'm exhausted just READING that!! Sounds like you've had a VERY productive morning!

I finished up all the laundry- well, all that I'm going to do...baked the ham. DH ran to the grocery store for me...risking life and limb- or so he said! He said he had to park in a snowbank because the parking lot was so full...whine, whine, whine! Geez, I do ALL the Christmas shopping AND wrapping and he whines about one little trip to the grocery store!!

I still need to pull out the holiday placemats...DS will come for breakfast tomorrow morning- I'll make an egg-potato casserole. We'll eat lunch/dinner at my parents'.

Well, back to work....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-24-2009, 09:37 AM   #1218  
Pearl-ExPert

Default Birthday Bash Reschedule

How about Sunday Jan 3, at say 12:45- we can do Cici's since that is closer to most people, I certainly don't mind.

What do you guys think?

Hugs,
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-24-2009, 09:42 AM   #1219  
Pearl-ExPert

Mary, I spoke to Santa last night and he told me it would really be helpful if I went ahead and filled the stockings. Always gotta check w/the big man first! Im glad he is in Russia now and on his way. He did mention that he was really looking forward to my homemade cookies. uh oh....
Jeaneen, you wear me out just reading what you do. Hope your day is much better than yesterday! And Im sure you are lookin smokin hot w/your hair color!
Have a great day everyone.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-24-2009, 10:10 AM   #1220  
Pearl-ExPert

Default How I spent My Christmas Eve

Got my boobs squished. way less painfull/uncomfortable than my mother ever told me. I spent the last 20 years DREADING this time because of all her tales of doom and gloom.

got blood tests done

got vaccinated for: Hep A and B, Japanese Encephalitis and Tetanus.

went to the Commissary.

still have to make the Roast Beast, stuff John's stocking and generally get ready to open pressies tomorrow.

we have made a decision regarding the orders: he will report as scheduled. IF I pass the the screening, I will follow along when it is all taken care of. If I don't, then he will get them changed to unaccompanied and I will have to decide whether to stay here or move to NY for 2 years.

a most productive day. John is napping upstairs. Think I may just watch a few DVDs.

Hope Santa Claus is good to everyone who deserves it....Tracy, are the kids getting coal this year or not?!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-24-2009, 10:21 AM   #1221  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rose0165View Post
Mary, I spoke to Santa last night and he told me it would really be helpful if I went ahead and filled the stockings. Always gotta check w/the big man first! Im glad he is in Russia now and on his way. He did mention that he was really looking forward to my homemade cookies. uh oh....
Jeaneen, you wear me out just reading what you do. Hope your day is much better than yesterday! And Im sure you are lookin smokin hot w/your hair color! Have a great day everyone.
It will take a lot more than hair color...but I do feel better not seeing all those 'blonde' roots!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-24-2009, 10:31 AM   #1222  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrsjvbView Post
Got my boobs squished. way less painfull/uncomfortable than my mother ever told me. I spent the last 20 years DREADING this time because of all her tales of doom and gloom.

got blood tests done

got vaccinated for: Hep A and B, Japanese Encephalitis and Tetanus.

went to the Commissary.

still have to make the Roast Beast, stuff John's stocking and generally get ready to open pressies tomorrow.

we have made a decision regarding the orders: he will report as scheduled. IF I pass the the screening, I will follow along when it is all taken care of. If I don't, then he will get them changed to unaccompanied and I will have to decide whether to stay here or move to NY for 2 years.

a most productive day. John is napping upstairs. Think I may just watch a few DVDs.

Hope Santa Claus is good to everyone who deserves it....Tracy, are the kids getting coal this year or not?!
Busy, busy DM! Glad your appt went better than anticipated! My SIL says her radiologist warms the plates which makes the mammo a bit less uncomfortable...Of course mine keeps them in the freezer until I come (or at least it feels that way!)

Gee, that's a lot of vaccines for one trip!

Good luck with your screening and your decisions regarding John's orders.

Enjoy those DVDs...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-24-2009, 03:52 PM   #1223  
Embossing Fanatic

Have you guys played Scrabble Slam. It's a lot of fun. My son got it for his birthday from his aunt and we have so much fun with it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jtaxView Post
Fun night! The kids and I played Scrabble and then Rubbicube... Not sure who won Scrabble, but I won Rummicube! Now off to work on redoing mom's cards... The wax came off, but left a red stain - on bashful blue cardstock - not pretty! It also left a not pretty stain on the oak dresser, Longaberger basket and liner and beige rug. Fortunately some of the other stuff was wrapped in plastic so it wasn't ruined, but looks like it was near a very messy battle! Oh, well, I'm done crying and moving on...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-24-2009, 05:47 PM   #1224  
Pearl-ExPert

Have a wonderful Christmas!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2009, 03:54 AM   #1225  
Pearl-ExPert

Good Morning Meade Ladies and a Very Merry Christmas to You!

May the day hold wonder and laughter and delight and friends and family and everything that is important to you. May the year ahead hold health, stability and happiness!
Remember, When the cookies are passed, take one! Attitude is a choice made daily. Make the right choice. Life's a rummage sale, no returns........

(These are from AARP! Love to all and Merry/Happy.

Last edited by harrahx2; 12-26-2009 at 04:51 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2009, 03:56 AM   #1226  
Glitter Guru

Merry Christmas!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2009, 04:49 AM   #1227  
Pearl-ExPert

Merry Christmas everyone. Hope all your dreams and wishes for a wonderful holiday have come true!
We had our gift exchanges last night. Everyone seemed to be happy w/what they got. Of course, took several trips to the car to get everything out!. As it should be in a grandmother's world right? Everyone got a laugh at the hulking beanbag chair wrapped in the gold tablecloth! I got a new printer as well as some nice jewelry, one-cup coffee maker, Susan Boyle CD and aAndrea Bocelli CD. Other stuff too of course! I am SOOOO special. Today, weather holding, I will go for dinner at my sons. If it ices up, I will cook my turkey! Yay! Have a wonderful day with your families and friends!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2009, 06:23 AM   #1228  
Gallery Gazer

Good morning and MERRY CHRISTMAS!

I've had so much fun getting to know all of you! I'm really blessed to have so many good friends in my life! I have a great family, great friends, and new toys what could be better in life! Thank you all for being such good friends!

Christmas Hugs to all!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2009, 06:37 AM   #1229  
Pearl-ExPert

Hope Santy Claus was good to everybody. got all the non crafty stuff I asked for. was going to buy all the crafty stuff I wanted afterward.. but just found out we've been overpaid about a grand or so over the last few months( Family Sep never stopped) so January's paychecks are gonna suck.. ah well...

hope everyone has a nice day with friends and family....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2009, 07:04 AM   #1230  
Pearl-ExPert

Merry Christmas everyone!

Tracy, thank you for the cute snow man cookie platter, yes I actually waited until this morning to open it, and LOVE it, DH thinks its perfect for the cookies Imade last night.

Stay warm and dry!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2009, 11:09 AM   #1231  
Embossing Fanatic

Merry Christmas everyone.

Santa was very nice to our family. Smiles all around. Off to my moms for dinner.

I opened my gift as well. Thanks for the Snowman platter. I'm taking it tonight to serve some goodies on.

Ta-Ta.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2009, 12:38 PM   #1232  
Pearl-ExPert

I hope you are all doing well! I'm starting to get the muchies again!

Hugs,
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2009, 12:39 PM   #1233  
Pearl-ExPert

PS did I tell you guys I received the new milk carton die from SU? It is fantastic!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2009, 03:36 PM   #1234  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by ms.rhettaView Post
Merry Christmas everyone!

Tracy, thank you for the cute snow man cookie platter, yes I actually waited until this morning to open it, and LOVE it, DH thinks its perfect for the cookies Imade last night.

Stay warm and dry!
Glad you liked it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2009, 03:38 PM   #1235  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by HobbyaholicView Post
Merry Christmas everyone.

Santa was very nice to our family. Smiles all around. Off to my moms for dinner.

I opened my gift as well. Thanks for the Snowman platter. I'm taking it tonight to serve some goodies on.

Ta-Ta.
Glad you are able to use it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2009, 05:03 PM   #1236  
Forum Fanatic

Merry Christmas Everyone! I hope all of you had a wonderful Christmas with your families! And I hope Santa brought you everything you wished for! We had a fabulous Christmas Eve with dh's family, so much fun and laughter and a great day today with my family, albeit a little quieter! Wishing all of you all the blessings of Christmas!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2009, 06:19 PM   #1237  
Stazon Splitcoast

Merry Christmas girls! We just got home from Mom and Dad's, and before heading to bed, I wanted to hop on here and wish you all a Merry Christmas. Hope you all had a wonderful day with family and/or friends. Thanks for the great Christmas cards too. They are beautiful. Enjoy your weekend!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2009, 06:25 PM   #1238  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Question of the Day:

What is your favorite holiday TV show/movie?

My all-time favorite holiday TV show is Nestor, the Long-Eared Donkey...they don't seem to play that on TV anymore, but thankfully DS gave it to me for Christmas on VHS years ago, so I can still watch it.

My all-time favorite holiday movie is The Night They Saved Christmas. It's a cheesy made-for-TV movie with Jaclyn Smith and Art Carney as Santa Claus. I just love it...again, they don't play it on TV anymore, but I have the tape. I watched it yesterday afternoon when I should have been cleaning!

I also love an old movie called It Came Upon A Midnight Clear with Mickey Rooney. Again, not on TV anymore and I can't find it anywhere on VHS or DVD. I'll just have to keep trying...oh, and I love the 1950's version of Scrooge with Alastair Sim as Scrooge. I DO have that on DVD! I always watch that Christmas Eve while I'm waiting for Santa to come.
My favorite is How the Grinch Stole Christmas. I like the cartoon version better than Jim Carrey's version even though DH and I watched both of them last week. We had a Christmas movie marathon last weekend when it snowed.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2009, 04:40 AM   #1239  
Watercolor Wizard

Good morning, all!! What a wet one!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. Our was very nice. Santa was very good to all of us. DS even game me a set of round Nesties AND a cute wooden table-top cabinet to store my Copics! He really DOES listen!

It's hard to believe that Christmas has come and gone...all the anticipation and then it's gone so quickly!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!! I'm hoping to finally be able to stamp a little today!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2009, 04:40 AM   #1240  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by CindyLView Post
My favorite is How the Grinch Stole Christmas. I like the cartoon version better than Jim Carrey's version even though DH and I watched both of them last week. We had a Christmas movie marathon last weekend when it snowed.
I like the original Grinch, too. I've never watched Jim Carrey's version...
Reply With Quote Likes