Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-18-2009, 02:59 PM   #961  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I didn't have the munchkins, tomorrow would be a perfect day to go shopping. I used to do that all the time when people freaked out over the 1/2" we got hammered with. Although, I don't have 4WD any more either. Oh well. I think we have enough milk to get us through, and if not I have a thing of soy milk for back up.
Old 12-19-2009, 03:16 AM   #962  
Pearl-ExPert

Wow! Winter Wonderland. I didnt think there was much on the ground but when Toby went out, he sunk down about 2". I just saw some pics from Pasadena - you guys tothe South (I think) are having a lot more snow! Hope everyone is able to keep warm and cozy. Off to get another cup of coffee.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2009, 03:24 AM   #963  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rose0165View Post
Wow! Winter Wonderland. I didnt think there was much on the ground but when Toby went out, he sunk down about 2". I just saw some pics from Pasadena - you guys tothe South (I think) are having a lot more snow! Hope everyone is able to keep warm and cozy. Off to get another cup of coffee.
Yes it is a winter wonderland here in Pasadena & still snowing. Everyone keep safe & warm today!

The best things in life are the people we love, the places we've been and the memories we've made along the way - unknown

SCS Gallery

Check out my blog!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2009, 03:59 AM   #964  
Gallery Gazer

I'm out for lunch! LOL Wow we have some snow. I think we have about 8-9in and 1-1.5 feet in the drifts. Anyone else woke up several times but the beepin snow plows?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2009, 04:04 AM   #965  
Pearl-ExPert

Good Morning Stampers. It snowed last night, yep. I am your forcast update and I am telling you it snowed. Really, honest, I wouldn't lie. I just didn't want you to be surprised. I plan to clean, the final cleaning before Christmas. The BIG One............may even get the floor washed. See, this is what happens when it snows. You have to clean and finish up "stuff" and you really want to be out playing. Oh well, I hope you are all warm and cuddly. Me, I am having some Amanda Hot Chocolate, a special brand I got for Christmas! Hugs to all and big smiles to the retired lady....don't lose the pup in the snow. I am going to make some chili!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2009, 04:11 AM   #966  
Pearl-ExPert

Hi everyone;

Looks like we have to put off lunch. We are burried here, and they haven't began to plow.

Please pray for me, I woke up very nauseated this morning and have a horrible headache!

Hugs,
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2009, 04:36 AM   #967  
Hardware Hotshot

GOOD MORNING MARYLAND!

Lots of snow and still coming down. Time to put some potatoe soup in the crock pot.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2009, 04:39 AM   #968  
Watercolor Wizard

It's hard to tell how much snow we have here so far because of the drifting. No sense in even starting to shovel out till it stops...think I"ll be wrapping and cleaning today! I'll probably even get to stamp alittle! I need some thank you cards for school...guess we'll finally have a white Christmas!

30"+ is what they're calling for now!!

Tracy, you're soup sounds delicious! I'm making chili!

Ya'll take care and stay safe!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2009, 04:45 AM   #969  
Forum Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmandaWView Post
I'm out for lunch! LOL Wow we have some snow. I think we have about 8-9in and 1-1.5 feet in the drifts. Anyone else woke up several times but the beepin snow plows?
Yea, I don't think I'm gonna be able to make lunch today either! LOL I don't know why but we were up around 4 this morning and had about 4 inches then and then at 8 when I let the dogs out we had around 8 inches already. It was up to the big dogs' knees! No snow plows here and probably won't see any until it's all over.

Stampin' Up! Demonstrator

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2009, 04:52 AM   #970  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by harrahx2View Post
Good Morning Stampers. It snowed last night, yep. I am your forcast update and I am telling you it snowed. Really, honest, I wouldn't lie. I just didn't want you to be surprised. I plan to clean, the final cleaning before Christmas. The BIG One............may even get the floor washed. See, this is what happens when it snows. You have to clean and finish up "stuff" and you really want to be out playing. Oh well, I hope you are all warm and cuddly. Me, I am having some Amanda Hot Chocolate, a special brand I got for Christmas! Hugs to all and big smiles to the retired lady....don't lose the pup in the snow. I am going to make some chili!
I was thinking the same thing Jane about doing my big final cleaning and washing the kitchen floor but now that I think about it I think I would just be spinning my wheels, as the dogs will be tracking lots of snow in and the floor is just going to get more messy! I think I'll do my baking this weekend instead and save the cleaning for later in the week since I'm off work now until after Christmas! I'm making chili today too!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2009, 04:53 AM   #971  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by ms.rhettaView Post
Hi everyone;

Looks like we have to put off lunch. We are burried here, and they haven't began to plow.

Please pray for me, I woke up very nauseated this morning and have a horrible headache!

Hugs,
Awww Loretta, I'm sorry we have to postpone your lunch! And sorry you're not feeling well, hope you feel better soon!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2009, 04:55 AM   #972  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmGee458View Post
It's hard to tell how much snow we have here so far because of the drifting. No sense in even starting to shovel out till it stops...think I"ll be wrapping and cleaning today! I'll probably even get to stamp alittle! I need some thank you cards for school...guess we'll finally have a white Christmas!

30"+ is what they're calling for now!!

Tracy, you're soup sounds delicious! I'm making chili!

Ya'll take care and stay safe!
Sounds like a few of us had the same idea!! LOL

Aren't you glad you got the new bike home earlier this week?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2009, 04:56 AM   #973  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by tracyltrippView Post
GOOD MORNING MARYLAND!

Lots of snow and still coming down. Time to put some potatoe soup in the crock pot.
That sounds yummy! Please share the recipe!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2009, 04:58 AM   #974  
Forum Fanatic

Jeaneen, did you guys make it home before the snow got into VA? I've been thinking about you guys this morning and hope you made it home safe before the storm hit!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2009, 04:58 AM   #975  
Pearl-ExPert

I am thinking maybe about 4 inches here so far. the street behind us got plowed just now( really poorly, but at least it got plowed right?) but if this is anything like last year's ice storm our development won't get ANYTHING done at all.. ever.

looks like we will be calling off the Mids' visit, which sucks.

in other news.. looks like you are gonna be stuck with me for 2 more years. not that I can actually GET the EFMP screening done as the person who signs off on them currently has a 4-6 week turnaround, but assuming it ever happens we expect that I wil fail it and NOT be allowed to go to Okinawa.

John is leaning toward going over anyway unaccompanied. If that happens I will either stay put and be hiring myself a chauffer, or moving to NY to live with my dad for 2 years so that I can get the hip replacement done.

as you can imagine I am NOT happy about this in any way shape or form, but I gotta suck it up and deal. Half tempted to see if moving into On base housing is an option. might help in a few areas...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2009, 05:05 AM   #976  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrsjvbView Post
I am thinking maybe about 4 inches here so far. the street behind us got plowed just now( really poorly, but at least it got plowed right?) but if this is anything like last year's ice storm our development won't get ANYTHING done at all.. ever.

in other news.. looks like you are gonna be stuck with me for 2 more years. not that I can actually GET the EFMP screening done as the person who signs off on them currently has a 4-6 week turnaround, but assuming it ever happens we expect that I wil fail it and NOT be allowed to go to Okinawa.

John is leaning toward going over anyway unaccompanied. If that happens I will either stay put and be hiring myself a chauffer, or moving to NY to live with my dad for 2 years so that I can get the hip replacement done.

as you can imagine I am NOT happy about this in any way shape or form, but I gotta suck it up and deal. Half tempted to see if moving into On base housing is an option. might help in a few areas...
Oh no DM, I know you are so disappointed! Since I'm not familiar with military terms can you explain what the EFMP screening is and why you would fail it?

Well, you know if you stay put here you've got lots of friends who will help! I'm always willing to chauffer when I can!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2009, 05:06 AM   #977  
Stazon Splitcoast

I can't believe that for once the snow predictions were an UNDERSTATEMENT. WOW! I was going to get boots yesterday for the girls, but Mack was home sick so they don't have any. One of the neighbors may have one pair we can borrow
Old 12-19-2009, 05:07 AM   #978  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathi127View Post
Sounds like a few of us had the same idea!! LOL

Aren't you glad you got the new bike home earlier this week?
Yeah, but now it looks like it'll be April before I can ride it! BUT the snow IS pretty!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2009, 05:08 AM   #979  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Aw, DM, that stinks! I know you were so looking forward to the move to Okinawa! Well, whatever happens- if you stay here, you know we're all here for you whenever we can!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2009, 05:22 AM   #980  
Gallery Gazer

Ah DM I know your so disappointed just remember everything happens for a reason. I think moving onto post would be a really good idea. I'm always here if you need me you know my number. I'm always happy to help. (Boob) (Hugs)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2009, 05:23 AM   #981  
Gallery Gazer

I think today is a good day to work on my all white card!

Yep chili here to! LOL It's in the crock pot and starting to smell good!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2009, 05:38 AM   #982  
Embossing Fanatic

Sorry Loretta your not feeling well. Hope it passes quickly. Bummer on lunch today.

DM, Hoping you won't fail your EFMP screening so you can travel with your hubby.

I snapped some pics for my family that doubted our weather reports..This is what I found outside my door at 9am
Attached Thumbnails
MD * Maryland Anyone........?III-dscf4366.jpg   MD * Maryland Anyone........?III-dscf4361.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2009, 06:02 AM   #983  
Crimping Master

Quote:

DM - sorry things are not looking good for going with your DH. I know you are disappointed. Remember I'm just around the corner & retired so if you ever need anything just holler.

The best things in life are the people we love, the places we've been and the memories we've made along the way - unknown

SCS Gallery

Check out my blog!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2009, 06:04 AM   #984  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by tracyltrippView Post
GOOD MORNING MARYLAND!

Lots of snow and still coming down. Time to put some potato soup in the crock pot.
That sounds yummy. Potato soup is one of my favorite soups. I'd love the recipe too.

SCS Gallery

Check out my blog!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2009, 06:25 AM   #985  
Pearl-ExPert

gee those pics look like MY deck. I opened the door and the cats were NOT happy, they got all whiny and was like.. what IS that crap?!

Kathi: EFMP is Exceptional Family Member Program. it has five categories which are based on the level of medical care you regularly need. It is also set up for learning and developmental issues for kids like anyone needing speech therapy or on the Spectrum. Category one means no restrictions at all. Cat 2 means a few remote locations are off limits, but Cats 3 and up really limit you to larger areas where ample civilian and/or military treatment facilities are available. Unfortunately, Okinawa CANNOT accept Cat 3 people, and it looks like that's my category. the Hip thing.

ten years ago it was not mandatory to go on EFMP plus Yokosuka is set up for Cat3 patients.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2009, 06:57 AM   #986  
Glitter Guru

Good (?) Morning Maryland!

We made it home yesterday around 5. When we were about to leave the condo, DH stepped on his glasses, so upon arrival at home, we unpacked the van and went to Columbia Mall to get his glasses fixed and get a back-up pair for me (I had been puttng off going to to the mall to do so, but while we were already there...)

We had a great time and didn't want to leave Williamsburg - sign of a wonderful vacation, huh? Before we drove home, we stopped in the outlet mall. I was dreading the crowds, but we were pleasantly surprised that there were no crowds until around noon. We did a very good job of stimulating the economy and filled up the back seat of the van. We only had one line to wait in and that was only 2-3 people ahead of us, all other stores, we walked up to the cashier and paid - no waiting at all. We drove to the different parts of the center and parked in front of each store we visited and didn't even use the Handicap pass to do so! Now Columbia Mall was a completly different story!

After we were safely and warmly inside, the snow started.

DD, SIL and dog drove from Fort Bragg through the snow (it began when they hit the VA/NC border) and arrived around midnight. The dog is loving running in the snow...

Other (silly!) DD drove to NJ yesterday (yes, she knew the weather prediction!) and thinks she will come home tomorrow morning (hmmmm)

Will go and catch up. Stay warm all...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2009, 06:59 AM   #987  
Glitter Guru

DM - big bummer for you! Very sorry to hear the news, know you are very disappointed. Do hope you get things worked out.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2009, 07:43 AM   #988  
Pearl-ExPert

Loretta - hope you are feeling better.
DM - Sorry you are having relocation problems. Maybe it will work out somehow. I certainly hope so.
Gosh, I need to dig out my crock pot I guess so Im not the only one cooking something. Dont have beef for stew but could cook up some spiceless chili I guess. Maybe I could use taco seasoning in it??????
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2009, 07:46 AM   #989  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

DM - Sorry you are having relocation problems. Maybe it will work out somehow. I certainly hope so.
Gosh, I need to dig out my crock pot I guess so Im not the only one cooking something. Dont have beef for stew but could cook up some spiceless chili I guess. Maybe I could use taco seasoning in it??????
Taco seasoning might work. I make a taco bean soup that uses taco seasoning and ranch dressing mix...it's spicy enough for chili!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2009, 07:53 AM   #990  
Pearl-ExPert

Hey Tracy, remember last year when you came by with a baggie full of Ice melt after the ice storm? Guess what was in the back of the garage buried behind the car? 2 FULL BAGS of the stuff!!

John did take off about an hour ago to go get the Mids. hoping to get a call soon saying he has them and is on the way back.

the guy across the street has never seen snow before.. him and the kids are actually having fun the crazy lunatics....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2009, 07:55 AM   #991  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Rose, taco seasoning or just all kinds of spices: pepper, garlic, cumin, chili powder - etc., just taste and go!!! I put a roast in the crockpot this morning, myself.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2009, 08:10 AM   #992  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by devonsmom98View Post
Rose, taco seasoning or just all kinds of spices: pepper, garlic, cumin, chili powder - etc., just taste and go!!! I put a roast in the crockpot this morning, myself.
Ooh...I love pot roast...on my way over for dinner- should arrive by next Saturday!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2009, 08:12 AM   #993  
Watercolor Wizard

On the news, they were talking with a woman who is stranded on one of the interstates (not sure which one). They've been stranded for 18 hours already! She used her phone to take a picture and you could see the stranded cars all lined up...I'm SO glad that we're home and not stuck out in this!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2009, 08:16 AM   #994  
Pearl-ExPert

Jeaneen, I am relieved to know you made it back before the snow. Glad you had a wonderful trip despite the glasses..but things happen for a reason and maybe the reason was you needed your glasses too. Dawnmarie, I was so sad to read your post. I know how much you want this. Maybe you can work it through and come out as a 2? (Or whatever is good enough?) You use a lot of military terms that I don't always understand but I do hope it works out for. I know you face some difficult choices.
My chili is started and the upstairs is done. The family room floor is done and we just have the main level to dust! Wow, I am impressed with myself. Hugs to all and we are in a white out in Laurel so I am content to stay in. As I said, there is a reason for everything and I think the snow was to make us all slow down and appreciate the season. Merry...........
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2009, 09:16 AM   #995  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmGee458View Post
Ooh...I love pot roast...on my way over for dinner- should arrive by next Saturday!
I'll be looking out for you!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2009, 09:16 AM   #996  
Pearl-ExPert

Taco Bean Soup sounds so good.....need a recipe~

We are pretty lucky, we are not only home but still have internet chatting!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2009, 09:29 AM   #997  
Pearl-ExPert

John is stranded in Severna Park. He pulled into a gas station to clear off his windshield and now he can't move. he doesn't know what to do or how long it will be before he can get home

umm err scratch that.. just called. 2 large strapping young men pushed him to a flat stretch and now he is on his way...

so he gets his homemade turkey soup after all....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2009, 09:32 AM   #998  
Pearl-ExPert

Woohooo, party at Cherie's..............think we can all make it?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2009, 09:34 AM   #999  
Pearl-ExPert

I take it back.., he's stuck again over by the Kohls in Severna Park. He may not get home at ALL today.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2009, 10:07 AM   #1000  
Insane Embellisher

The snow goes past my knees - OK, IIII know, I am vertically challenged - but THAT is a LOT of snow!!! Haiku wore himself out trying to bound and jump through it - not to mention the glove wars. He LOVES the snow. Jim just went and broomed it off of the shed. The front porch covering is sagging a wee bit... Roast is starting to smell sooooo good...
Reply With Quote Likes