Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-05-2009, 07:30 AM   #601  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmGee458View Post
No snow here, yet...

Woke up with a killer migraine this morning and it doesn't seem to want to go away. Not going to the stamp-a-stack It's hard to stamp when you sometimes see double!

Hope you all have a great day...drive safely if you're going out...
that sucks Mary. hope you get to feelin' better soon!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2009, 07:34 AM   #602  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by devonsmom98View Post
I hope you feel better soon, Mary. My grumpy gf in Pasadenda said it was just raining there...That is how it started here, too. The snow is making me think - THINK about making Christmas cards...
Cherie: mine have been done since September..except for the insert of CS light enough to write on.. gotta cut 40 of them this morning.. if I ever get off my butt that is. Family and non ,ocal friends are all written up/addressed. Today will be the Meade Gang and my fellow Mods from Mil.com. Then I will send Squidward to get me nice festive holiday stamps. I am bit depressed i didn' get any freebie holiday address labels from anybody this year.. but I can at least use up the ones I do have since we won't be needing them after February. John wants to be out of here by the 19th of February!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2009, 08:37 AM   #603  
Watercolor Wizard

It's snowing! We have about 1/4" on the ground, but the roads are still clear...it sure looks pretty falling!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2009, 09:35 AM   #604  
Forum Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

No snow here, yet...

Woke up with a killer migraine this morning and it doesn't seem to want to go away. Not going to the stamp-a-stack It's hard to stamp when you sometimes see double!

Oh no Mary! I'm so sorry you're feeling bad enough not to go stamping! I know you were looking forward to it! I hope your headache goes away soon!

Stampin' Up! Demonstrator

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2009, 09:37 AM   #605  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

It's snowing! We have about 1/4" on the ground, but the roads are still clear...it sure looks pretty falling!
Snowing here too! It really does look pretty and helps put me in the mood to decorate! The Weather Channel is now saying 2-4 inches accumulation with another inch tonight!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2009, 09:40 AM   #606  
Forum Fanatic

I am taking a little break, my back is killing me from carrying boxes upstairs and then I decided to try to organize the basement a little before I got started on the tree. That was a mistake, I ended up being down there for over two hours! I made a very small dent in the clutter but it's a start! After the holidays we've got to get down there and get to work, it's so bad there's hardly enough room to walk!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2009, 10:16 AM   #607  
Pearl-ExPert

Feel Better Mary!

HI everyone! Been doing BRAK cards al morning, now they are ready to go into their envelopes and go postal on Monday.

Pics on the blog!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2009, 10:32 AM   #608  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathi127View Post
I am taking a little break, my back is killing me from carrying boxes upstairs and then I decided to try to organize the basement a little before I got started on the tree. That was a mistake, I ended up being down there for over two hours! I made a very small dent in the clutter but it's a start! After the holidays we've got to get down there and get to work, it's so bad there's hardly enough room to walk!
Sounds like you have you been in my basement!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2009, 03:18 PM   #609  
Pearl-ExPert

Default Hello All You Snow Bunnies

Kathi, I had to laugh when I read about you in the basement...yesterday I was planning on doing the 1 hour thing, 1 hour of cleaning and 1 hour of stamping etc. That is the best way for me to get some cleaning done. Well, I went in the basement at 1:30 and next thing I knew, it was 5:30! I was beat. I was so tired. But at least my little room was straight and we could get to the Christmas stuff. Today, went out for a bit of a quick errand, had some hot chocolate with friends and then came home and got the tree up with help from DH and the lights on! Now I am beat again. Too tired.....to even stamp! Now that is tired....and I haven't stamped in forever. Enjoy the snow all, congrats Amanda on your WIN and go safe out there.
Mary, hope you are feeling better. Kimme, I heard you all got more snow than we did!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2009, 03:26 PM   #610  
Pearl-ExPert

got all my christmas cards addressed, all they need are stamps and John can get those Monday. I have extras so if anyone wants some for a favorite cause, lemme know. have to start clearing out my stash.

He put up the tree for me. so I at least have SOMETHING other than my Lone Holly Scentsy warmer vaguely resembling something seasonal.

Got way overwhelmed with other stuff today.. I really only have like 5 weeks to get EVERYTHING done I need to get done since John will be gone half of January, half of February and he wants us to fly to Oki the week of the 19th.

I hope to at least figure out the sandwich for the Top Note die in the CB tonight so I can make all them tomorrow.

at least I didn't have to look at the ugly white stuff today...or worse, go out in it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2009, 03:46 PM   #611  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrsjvbView Post
got all my christmas cards addressed, all they need are stamps and John can get those Monday. I have extras so if anyone wants some for a favorite cause, lemme know. have to start clearing out my stash.

He put up the tree for me. so I at least have SOMETHING other than my Lone Holly Scentsy warmer vaguely resembling something seasonal.

Got way overwhelmed with other stuff today.. I really only have like 5 weeks to get EVERYTHING done I need to get done since John will be gone half of January, half of February and he wants us to fly to Oki the week of the 19th.

I hope to at least figure out the sandwich for the Top Note die in the CB tonight so I can make all them tomorrow.

at least I didn't have to look at the ugly white stuff today...or worse, go out in it.
Try this sandwich:

Plate B, Cardstock, Die (cutting side down), Plate B
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2009, 03:57 PM   #612  
Pearl-ExPert

Its officially Christmas season! Lights are on, beds made/dressed. And we watched "A Christmas Story" classic Christmas movie!

Our little buttercup is loving the snow, running circles in the yard and barking at the sky (only one of our dogs).

Hugs,
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2009, 04:05 PM   #613  
Glitter Guru

I'm off for the night. Heading to the hospital for part 2 of my sleep study...Good night all!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2009, 04:37 PM   #614  
Pearl-ExPert

Mary: that was the sandwich I found and it worked great.

in fact I am hooked. I WILL be buying this die before I leave! I just hope I will have time when the new mini comes out 1 January to order and get it in in to be packed. Otherwise I will need to get me an address ahead of time to mail myself some boxes...I need a Mist refill at minimum to go with it.

The whole thing went much quicker than I expected, and I actually finished the three for my housekeepers. If I have some free time tomorrow I will cut a bunch of spares just to have until I can get it myself.

Jago is having a greand ole time playing in all the discarded papers from the ornaments that John put up. Sachiko is pouting though.. she ended up locked into one of the kitchen cupboards!. I had to pull out my extra large stock pot to make salt potatoes for dinner and she musta snuck in while I wasn't lookin. I kept hearing her whine, but couldn't find her... shoulda seen the look of reproach she gave me!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2009, 05:16 PM   #615  
Pearl-ExPert

Ok, gang... played with my new pop up Christmas tree die.

After the first (total mishap) I figured out what went wrong, now I'm waiting for a sandwich of paper to dry (I wanted patterned paper for my tree so I could address decorations accordingly. So love the idea. Found a great how to video right there on you tube!

Have a great night!

Hugs,
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2009, 07:44 PM   #616  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by jtaxView Post
Sounds like you have you been in my basement!
That makes me feel a lot better that it's not just our basement!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2009, 07:53 PM   #617  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by harrahx2View Post
Kathi, I had to laugh when I read about you in the basement...yesterday I was planning on doing the 1 hour thing, 1 hour of cleaning and 1 hour of stamping etc. That is the best way for me to get some cleaning done. Well, I went in the basement at 1:30 and next thing I knew, it was 5:30! I was beat. I was so tired. But at least my little room was straight and we could get to the Christmas stuff. Today, went out for a bit of a quick errand, had some hot chocolate with friends and then came home and got the tree up with help from DH and the lights on! Now I am beat again. Too tired.....to even stamp! Now that is tired....and I haven't stamped in forever. Enjoy the snow all, congrats Amanda on your WIN and go safe out there.
Mary, hope you are feeling better. Kimme, I heard you all got more snow than we did!
Wow Jane, you persevered a lot longer than I did! My back doesn't hold up very well anymore so 2 hours down there was all I could handle. After a little break I finally got the tree up and decorated! Now I'm ready for bed!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2009, 07:58 PM   #618  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by jtaxView Post
I'm off for the night. Heading to the hospital for part 2 of my sleep study...Good night all!
Good Luck, I hope things go well for you!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2009, 08:08 PM   #619  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrsjvbView Post
Mary: that was the sandwich I found and it worked great.

in fact I am hooked. I WILL be buying this die before I leave! I just hope I will have time when the new mini comes out 1 January to order and get it in in to be packed. Otherwise I will need to get me an address ahead of time to mail myself some boxes...I need a Mist refill at minimum to go with it.

The whole thing went much quicker than I expected, and I actually finished the three for my housekeepers. If I have some free time tomorrow I will cut a bunch of spares just to have until I can get it myself.

Jago is having a greand ole time playing in all the discarded papers from the ornaments that John put up. Sachiko is pouting though.. she ended up locked into one of the kitchen cupboards!. I had to pull out my extra large stock pot to make salt potatoes for dinner and she musta snuck in while I wasn't lookin. I kept hearing her whine, but couldn't find her... shoulda seen the look of reproach she gave me!
DM, I had that die for about a year and just used it recently! I never Knew what sandwich to use with it either and once I found out I was hooked on it too! I sure wish I had started using it a lot earlier!

Poor Sachiko, I'm glad you found her! I am waiting for one of the cats to lay under the tree anytime now, Milo is my usual culprit! But Snickers is my little bad boy so I expect to see some of the ornaments on the floor by morning! I just hope the dogs don't find them and think they are toys to chew on!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2009, 06:11 AM   #620  
Pearl-ExPert

Good Morning!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2009, 06:27 AM   #621  
Watercolor Wizard

Good morning!! Boy, it's cold out there! My driveway is like a skating rink...guess once the sun hits it it'll melt. The snow sure was pretty last night! I'm ready for more!

I have to go to the grocery store this morning- we have NO food in the house! Gotta get a chance to stamp today, too. Sherrod Studio is having a couple sneak peeks this week plus a release on Thurdsay, plus I need to get my Christmas cards ready to mail...probably won't go get the tree till next weekend. That'll give me some time to clean a little before we get it.

Enjoy your day today!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2009, 07:10 AM   #622  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

No snow here, yet...

Sorry to hear about your headache. Hope you are feeling better today. We made some cute cards. I will take some pics to show you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2009, 07:19 AM   #623  
Gallery Gazer

Good Morning Ladies!

Hope you are all cozy warm today!

Ok for the card challenge.....

Step One I want you to dig around in your stamp area....Scary enough yet? I want you to find a stamp that you "just had to have" and are yet to use....

Step two....Follow this http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...d.php?t=470824
ALL WHITE CARD It DOES NOT have to be Christmas.

Here are your requirements and limits:

1. Only White Cardstock!

2. Only White or Clear embellishments

3. No patterned paper, unless it's all white!

4. You may use any color ink you wish, but only ONE color.

5. No coloring (i.e. copics, watercolors, etc)

6. Limit your layers/embellies (I'll leave that to your discretion, but ya'll know what I mean)

Post your card by midnight Dec 21st. Vote until midnight on the 22nd. Best of LUCK!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2009, 07:33 AM   #624  
Stazon Splitcoast

Great Challenge Amanda!!

OK, I'm going to throw this out there again....

Anyone who would like to come make some gifts on Saturday around 11am let me know. I will send out directions. I will post some samples of things I'm making soon.
Old 12-06-2009, 07:38 AM   #625  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ougot2View Post
Sorry to hear about your headache. Hope you are feeling better today. We made some cute cards. I will take some pics to show you.
I really hated to miss it, but with a headache like that, I didn't think I could stamp straight! I'm sure all of the cards were fabulous!!

I'm taking off tomorrow to go shopping and to (hopefully) finish my shopping...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2009, 07:39 AM   #626  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmandaWView Post
Good Morning Ladies!

Step One I want you to dig around in your stamp area....Scary enough yet? I want you to find a stamp that you "just had to have" and are yet to use....

1. Only White Cardstock!

6. Limit your layers/embellies (I'll leave that to your discretion, but ya'll know what I mean)

Post your card by midnight Dec 21st. Vote until midnight on the 22nd. Best of LUCK!
Well, this IS a challenge!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2009, 07:40 AM   #627  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by MelenaPrincessView Post
Great Challenge Amanda!!

Anyone who would like to come make some gifts on Saturday around 11am let me know. I will send out directions. I will post some samples of things I'm making soon.
Sounds like fun, but I have a hair appointment at noon for the "works". I won't get done there till about 2pm. Hope you all have a great time!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2009, 07:52 AM   #628  
Pearl-ExPert

Default Wicked Challenge

Sounds like wicked fun this challenge does! Can't wait to try it. Loved that posting on SCS and think it was one of the best challenges ever!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2009, 07:54 AM   #629  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Good Morning Ladies!

1. Only White Cardstock!

--- shaking in my boots here!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2009, 07:57 AM   #630  
Pearl-ExPert

Off to tidy up before Mike gets home... he bought another guitar. Man only has two hands and now owns four of them. Oh my, my last words to him before he left for Lexington, VA this morning was "Happy Christmas" and "Merry New Year", yes I was being a smart butt!

I hope you are having a good day, now to tidy up my stamping hole and get started.

Looking forward to seeing everyone at Tracy's and then again on the 19th to celebrate my birthday!

Hugs,
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2009, 08:26 AM   #631  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Great Challenge Amanda!!

sorry that's Game day!!!! I'd lose my Navy Spouse Credentials. BEAT ARMY!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2009, 08:27 AM   #632  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by ms.rhettaView Post
Off to tidy up before Mike gets home... he bought another guitar. Man only has two hands and now owns four of them. Oh my, my last words to him before he left for Lexington, VA this morning was "Happy Christmas" and "Merry New Year", yes I was being a smart butt!

I hope you are having a good day, now to tidy up my stamping hole and get started.

Looking forward to seeing everyone at Tracy's and then again on the 19th to celebrate my birthday!

Hugs,

Friend of ours has 250 of them..and he PLAYS THEM ALL.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2009, 08:28 AM   #633  
Pearl-ExPert

Amanda: AWESOME challenge. I have clear buttons, Snowflake Ghosties and I think I may even have a sheet of DP that meets the requirements! Methinks that new script Embossing Folder is calling, too....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2009, 09:19 AM   #634  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Good Morning Ladies!

1. Only White Cardstock!

Can't wait to try this one!

The best things in life are the people we love, the places we've been and the memories we've made along the way - unknown

SCS Gallery

Check out my blog!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2009, 09:29 AM   #635  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Great Challenge Amanda!!

Wish I could come, but I already have plans. It's such a busy time of year.

The best things in life are the people we love, the places we've been and the memories we've made along the way - unknown

SCS Gallery

Check out my blog!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2009, 09:33 AM   #636  
Pearl-ExPert

Does anyone know if the SU pop up tree die is different from the one Sizzix sells? I watched a You Tube video and it looks like there is one more piece on that die than the one I own.

I want to make one to include with my DSS reveal package.

I hope you are all having a great day!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2009, 12:07 PM   #637  
Pearl-ExPert

Finally got my 3D pop up tree die to work, it was all about putting in the last two tabs, but I couldn't see that, DH finally showed me my mistake!

Tree is done and the layers of stickles, metalic dew drops (ornaments) and little crystals (lights) are drying will post a picture when I've completed the card.

I hope you are all doing well!

Hugs,
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2009, 12:17 PM   #638  
Gallery Gazer

Ladies I posted Christmas pics on my blog. Sorry it took so long Cindy!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2009, 02:48 PM   #639  
Glitter Guru

Good challenge Amanda! (both parts!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2009, 03:16 PM   #640  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Great Challenge Amanda!!

Sounds like fun! I do have to check my work/class schedule tomorrow when I go to the office. I will let you know tomorrow evening (can't view SCS or access email from the office!)
Reply With Quote Likes