Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-03-2009, 04:30 AM   #521  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by jtaxView Post
Hey Tracy, I didn't see yours! Is it where mine is? NOWHERE! I just couldn't get my act together with company and being sick, I just got to admire everyone else's work (and these ladies sure did a great job!)
Why yes! that is exactly WHERE it is...I keep running in circles getting nowhere fast.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2009, 04:32 AM   #522  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathi127View Post
I think mine is the same place as yours and Tracy's! I just couldn't get my act together either with everything that's been going on. And I've got to go to bed early tonight, I have to have Sammy at the shelter tomorrow morning in Upper Marlboro at 6:30 to be neutered so that means I've got to leave the house at 5:30 a.m. I could have had my vet do it and the shelter would reimburse me $100 but since I already paid it as part of the adoption fee I figured I would just let them do it. So I'll drop him off and go on to work. Can't pick him up until 6:30-7:00 p.m. though so it's gonna be a very long day!

And I agree, those of you that did submit cards did an awesome job!
Well, at least you have a good excuse for not getting your card done. Don't run yourself crazy take time to relax.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2009, 04:34 AM   #523  
Hardware Hotshot

Off for now to do a little cleaning, candle making and run to the post office...really need to start getting these boxes out of my house. Stay dry everyone!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2009, 06:31 AM   #524  
Pearl-ExPert

Just got a phone call from Craig. HE PASSED! He has his certificate in hand and will be booking a flight back to BWI sometime next week. He still has to outprocess and put some loose ends together!

I should have him home in time for my birthday celebration. Kinda sad part is even though he will be at Andrews, that means the rest of his personal belongings will leave with him, now what to dowith his room....

Hugs!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2009, 06:44 AM   #525  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by ms.rhettaView Post
Just got a phone call from Craig. HE PASSED! He has his certificate in hand and will be booking a flight back to BWI sometime next week. He still has to outprocess and put some loose ends together!

I should have him home in time for my birthday celebration. Kinda sad part is even though he will be at Andrews, that means the rest of his personal belongings will leave with him, now what to dowith his room....

Hugs!
Good glad he is getting things worked out.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2009, 07:15 AM   #526  
Embossing Fanatic

That's wonderful Loretta. I know Craig is glad to have that over with.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2009, 08:44 AM   #527  
Pearl-ExPert

Oh the jopys of PCSing overseas...

lessee:

Tomorrow: Pap smear at 1045. Will be riding in with John at like 0630 and killing time until then. Amanda, if you are feeling up to it I may take you up on your offer for the afternoon.

Monday: dentist. he's like a mile away on Mountain Road. so if worse comes to worse I can walk it

Tues: Overseas Screening back at Kimbrough at 1 pm. John has to be in Suitland at 9 am so again I may go in with him early and hang around. anybody wanna meet for brekkie at Gurble Bing or Drunkin Donuts on Base?

Friday is the Christmas Party.

still haven't made the Vet appointments for the furchildren but I do have all the required information I need to get that taken care of.

Also need to find a Property Mangement company for the house and start looking at scheduling the packout. Oh happy joy.

and somewhere amongst all this:

send out Cristmas cards, make the peppermint patties and peanut butter cups, mail out at least one package and try not to go insane any more than I already am.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2009, 08:45 AM   #528  
Crimping Master

Hi girls,

Don't forget to PM me your votes by 10 pm tonight. If you posted a card you get 2 votes & even if you didn't participate you get 1 vote - right?

The best things in life are the people we love, the places we've been and the memories we've made along the way - unknown

SCS Gallery

Check out my blog!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2009, 08:47 AM   #529  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrsjvbView Post

lessee:

Tomorrow: Pap smear at 1045. Will be riding in with John at like 0630 and killing time until then. Amanda, if you are feeling up to it I may take you up on your offer for the afternoon.

Monday: dentist. he's like a mile away on Mountain Road. so if worse comes to worse I can walk it

Tues: Overseas Screening back at Kimbrough at 1 pm. John has to be in Suitland at 9 am so again I may go in with him early and hang around. anybody wanna meet for brekkie at Gurble Bing or Drunkin Donuts on Base?

still haven't made the Vet appointments for the furchildren but I do have all the required information I need to get that taken care of.

Also need to find a Property Mangement company for the house and start looking at scheduling the packout. Oh happy joy.

send out Cristmas cards, make the peppermint patties and peanut butter cups, mail out at least one package and try not to go insane any more than I already am.
Wow DM! I think your busy time of the year is going to be even busier.

The best things in life are the people we love, the places we've been and the memories we've made along the way - unknown

SCS Gallery

Check out my blog!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2009, 09:01 AM   #530  
Pearl-ExPert

DM; Just PM'd you....

Still on cloud nine glad his tech school is done!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2009, 09:08 AM   #531  
Pearl-ExPert

Default Birthday list

Loretta
Tracy
Amanda
Paula
Rose
Kathi
Cherie
Mary
Amanda R.
Kris
Stacy
Barb
April

Am I missing anyone? The 19th at Cactus willies!

Hugs!

Last edited by ms.rhetta; 12-03-2009 at 09:12 AM.. Reason: add names
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2009, 09:55 AM   #532  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

lessee:

OMG! Yeah you have a little stuff going on. Geee I'm beat just reading all of that. Yeah let me know I'll be home after 11.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2009, 11:04 AM   #533  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

lessee:

Sound like your wishes are coming true.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2009, 11:26 AM   #534  
Pearl-ExPert

Hi all you dog lovers: FYI there will be two opportunities this week end to get your dog's photo w/Santa. Sunday, Dec 6 at the Petsmart in Laurel, Contee Rd & Rte 1, 11 am - 4 pm. ALSO: Santa Claws Photos / Saturday Dec 5 from 11-4 at Catonsville PetSmart / 6501 Baltimore National Pike / Catonsville 21228. I'll be at the Laurel one from 11-1. Hope to see some of you there! www. Animal-Advocates.org
Almost time to go home! Had a stress test this monring and did very well. Heart is still ticking. I didnt get here until 11 and I was ready to go home by 12. No reason really. It is very quiet here - big all day meeting at the other end of campus.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2009, 12:18 PM   #535  
Pearl-ExPert

Default Off for dinner!

HI Everyone!

Still pretty high on the fact Craig FINALLY graduated. He actually will be in the service 1 year Dec 3. Darn kid... maybe now he'll grow up!

We are getting ready to head out to RamsHead. We are looking forward to it. It should be a great night together. So I'm not sure if I'll be back on again this evening or not.

Have a great night!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2009, 01:02 PM   #536  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi girls! I have missed you!!! I love my new job, but it keeps me really busy learning everything, and I don't really get a lunch hour anymore unless I want to stay until 5:00. I love getting off work between 4:00 and 4:30 and home in 20 minutes. I'd give up lunch for that. I'm gonna check and see what I've missed before we meet Mom, Dad, and my brother at Hibachi Grill up our way for dinner. When I told Rob about that place, he said it was a must before he headed back down south.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2009, 01:06 PM   #537  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmandaWView Post
Does anyone know when we are to upload our buckle cards? Just posted mine on my blog but will load here when it's time.

Paula HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Mary's question of the day: I have 5 soon to be 6 artificial trees up! Having trouble finding my little stamp room tree. Crazy yes I know but we have fun with Christmas. I'll post some pics on my blog as soon as it's all done. Hubbs in on the roof now getting the outdoor lights up.

Jeaneen hope your feeling better.

We'll just call you one of Santa's elves. We only put the one tree up in our house. It's usually around 6' tall and DH puts a ton of lights on it. I love pulling out the ornaments and remembering where they came from. Hoping to do this over the weekend if the weather cooperates to cut down a tree. I'll have to check out your blog to see if you posted pics yet.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2009, 01:09 PM   #538  
Glitter Guru

I had a class this morning. Shortly after returning home this afternoon Mr Brown came and paid me a visit (a day early!) I am so excited to have new rubber, DP, cardstock, ribbon, buttons, brads, and a Sizzix die to play with. Then the Mail carrier came and brought me nesties and some GinaK stamps! Now the sad part is we are going out tonight, so no play time...But the great news is that both DH and I are healthy enough to go out! Still not 100%, but we are giving it a try!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2009, 01:10 PM   #539  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by CindyLView Post
Hi girls! I have missed you!!! I love my new job, but it keeps me really busy learning everything, and I don't really get a lunch hour anymore unless I want to stay until 5:00. I love getting off work between 4:00 and 4:30 and home in 20 minutes. I'd give up lunch for that. I'm gonna check and see what I've missed before we meet Mom, Dad, and my brother at Hibachi Grill up our way for dinner. When I told Rob about that place, he said it was a must before he headed back down south.
Cindy, so happy you are enjoying your new job!

Enjoy your dinner with your family!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2009, 01:11 PM   #540  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

HI Everyone!

Still pretty high on the fact Craig FINALLY graduated. He actually will be in the service 1 year Dec 3. Darn kid... maybe now he'll grow up!

We are getting ready to head out to RamsHead. We are looking forward to it. It should be a great night together. So I'm not sure if I'll be back on again this evening or not.

Have a great night!
Congrats to Craig!

Enjoy Rams Head!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2009, 01:16 PM   #541  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathi127View Post
As it turned out I didn't have to take him to the vet, I called them and they told me I could put neosporin on it and that I could buy the lampshade at PetsMart cheaper than what they have at the vet and a nicer one to boot. The thing still cost me $35, but it is much nicer, it's like a mini inner-tube, you blow it up so it's soft and squishy and not that hard plastic like the ones the vet has. Of course now that I went and bought the thing he hasn't messed with his ear all day! I guess just the threat of having to wear the collar made him decide to keep his paws off it!

Hope he continues to behave, so he doesn't get the inner-tube.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2009, 01:18 PM   #542  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

lessee:

Hang in there!!! It will all work out.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2009, 01:20 PM   #543  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I had a class this morning. Shortly after returning home this afternoon Mr Brown came and paid me a visit (a day early!) I am so excited to have new rubber, DP, cardstock, ribbon, buttons, brads, and a Sizzix die to play with. Then the Mail carrier came and brought me nesties and some GinaK stamps! Now the sad part is we are going out tonight, so no play time...But the great news is that both DH and I are healthy enough to go out! Still not 100%, but we are giving it a try!
Glad you both are feeling better. Have fun playing with your new goodies when you get time. Thanks for the pretty card too!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2009, 01:21 PM   #544  
Stazon Splitcoast

No buckle card from me either. This week I don't even know what a rubber stamp and ink pad are. Hoping this weekend to decorate for Christmas and work on our cards. I need some stamping therapy!

Have a great night girls!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2009, 01:30 PM   #545  
Watercolor Wizard

Paula, I'm sorry I didn't get a buckle card made! I do really want to try making one, though! I'll PM you my vote in a little while...

DM- wow, I'm exhausted just reading your post! Hang it there- it'll all get done!

Cindy, I'm SO glad you love your new job!!

Loretta, congrats on Craig passing! I know that's a relief to you both!

Hope you all have a great evening!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2009, 04:23 PM   #546  
Pearl-ExPert

I {Heart} My spousal unit.

first: he brought me the actual paperwork I need for th eoverseas screening.. the paperwork I googled for hours and could not find.

Second: he downloaded the software for the printer on my new laptop so now I can print out th eOTHER paperwork i DID find

Third: he's going into work LATE tomorrow! Not until 0900 so I do NOT have to be bright eyed and bushy tailed at o dark thirty! he has HIS overseas screening carp to do so is gonna go in at a civiized hour
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2009, 02:30 AM   #547  
Insane Embellisher

Ahhh, finally, Friday Surprisingly, this week seemed to go quicker than I expected. Now, if only the weekend would go slooooowly...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2009, 03:17 AM   #548  
Watercolor Wizard

TGIF!! What a llloooonnnggg week this has been! I'm going to a stamp-a-stack with Gloria tomorrow and I'm really looking forward to it!

I'm thinking of taking off a day next week to finish up my shopping...Monday is looking good to me!

DS is on his way home from Hawaii...he'll have a rude awakening with these temperatures we're having!

Have a great day, all!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2009, 03:58 AM   #549  
Gallery Gazer

Good morning ladies!

Sorry Cindy haven't posted pics yet I'll take them tonight and post them tonight or early tomorrow. Still haven't found my itty bitty tree that goes on my stamp room table. So glad all is well with the new job!

Jeaneen WOW that sounds like lots of New Toys! I can't wait I'm getting a visit from Mr. Brown today as well! WhooHoo! Now If I can get the box before hubbs does!

Mary have fun at your stamp-a-stack.

Kathi how is the pup today?

Everyone else have a good day! Hope we see the sun today.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2009, 05:19 AM   #550  
Pearl-ExPert

Morning all. Off to a sloowww start this morning. I was up lots last night and slept off and on until 8, which is late for me. Now Im sluggish, more than usual that is. I need to go to trainer at 11 so I better eat breakfast now. Not even hungry. Wow, cant believe I said that!
Cindy - Im so glad you like your new job. Short commutes are the best!
DM - you wore me out w/your schedule
Kathi - that collar sounds much better than the plastic ones. My husky mix Avery had one and he kept coming up behind us, rubbing our legs and it hurt. He was probably mad because we were hysterically laughing at him.
Amanda - I cant wait to see pics of your decorations.
Jeaneen - glad you are feeling better and hope you get to use your new toys
Ive got to spend time putting things back in order from the new floors. Tomorrow night g'kids and friends are doing cards for Bethesda Naval Hospital and Sun I do the dog photos. Wish I would have retired the end of Nov.
Have a good day all....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2009, 06:10 AM   #551  
Forum Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Hugs!
That's wonderful Loretta! I know both you and he are happy and relieved!

Stampin' Up! Demonstrator

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2009, 06:11 AM   #552  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmandaWView Post
Good morning ladies!

Sorry Cindy haven't posted pics yet I'll take them tonight and post them tonight or early tomorrow. Still haven't found my itty bitty tree that goes on my stamp room table. So glad all is well with the new job!

Jeaneen WOW that sounds like lots of New Toys! I can't wait I'm getting a visit from Mr. Brown today as well! WhooHoo! Now If I can get the box before hubbs does!
Mary have fun at your stamp-a-stack.

Kathi how is the pup today?

Everyone else have a good day! Hope we see the sun today.
Yeah, well...DH carried the box in for me and asked where it went. Then when the mail carrier came, he rolled his eyes and asked where the boxes went (like he doesn't know!) Now today I am expecting Mr Brown again (his coffee) and FedEx on Monday (his Christmas!). Since he retired and is home all day, he sees it ALL! Thank goodness when the kids were home Thanksgiving, they did the Black Friday shopping thing and bought something for me to give him which is safely hiding (I hope.)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2009, 06:11 AM   #553  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

lessee:

OMG, I am exhausted just reading this! I know you will be glad when it's all over and you're on your way! But I'm sure gonna miss you

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2009, 06:16 AM   #554  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

I'm so glad you are loving your new job! I'd give up lunch too to get off earlier! And I'd give my right arm for a 20 min. commute, now that it's dark so early it takes me a minimum of an hour to get home. I definitely need to retire and find something closer to home! And part-time!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2009, 06:18 AM   #555  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

We'll just call you one of Santa's elves. We only put the one tree up in our house. It's usually around 6' tall and DH puts a ton of lights on it. I love pulling out the ornaments and remembering where they came from. Hoping to do this over the weekend if the weather cooperates to cut down a tree. I'll have to check out your blog to see if you posted pics yet.
Well, if you wait till tomorrow afternoon you'll probably be able to cut it down in the snow! That'll make it REALLY feel like Christmas!!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2009, 06:19 AM   #556  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Have fun with your new toys!!!! I'm glad you and dh are feeling much better!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2009, 06:19 AM   #557  
Glitter Guru

Hoping to get to play with all my new toys this afternoon. This morning I have some quick cleaning to do, we have someone coming over at Noon and then I have to go to the office for a couple of hours. I may stop at Staples on my way home and get some more printer ink (I sure have been printing a lot lately!) DH is meeting some former co-workers tonight and wants me to come along, but I think I would rather stay home and play! I have rubber waiting to be cut and some waiting to be inked up! I also promised 15 cards to DD and I still have 6 to finish (fortunately all cut and partially assembled, just need to stamp 2 images, emboss, punch out and attach them).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2009, 06:23 AM   #558  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmGee458View Post
TGIF!! What a llloooonnnggg week this has been! I'm going to a stamp-a-stack with Gloria tomorrow and I'm really looking forward to it!

I'm thinking of taking off a day next week to finish up my shopping...Monday is looking good to me!

DS is on his way home from Hawaii...he'll have a rude awakening with these temperatures we're having!

Have a great day, all!
Enjoy the stamp-a-stack tomorrow! Sorry I couldn't make it, just have way too much to do this weekend around this house. I took a furlough day today to get some much needed cleaning done, I think I might put the tree up tomorrow while it's snowing!

Oh yeah, Brian is definitely in for a RUDE awakening with snow tomorrow!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2009, 06:37 AM   #559  
Crimping Master

Default Challenge Winner

Sorry to keep you in suspense...the buckle card winner is...

Amanda

Congratulations. Now it's your turn to challenge us!

Thanks for playing along girls. All of the cards were super!

SCS Gallery

Check out my blog!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2009, 06:41 AM   #560  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Hoping to get to play with all my new toys this afternoon. This morning I have some quick cleaning to do, we have someone coming over at Noon and then I have to go to the office for a couple of hours. I may stop at Staples on my way home and get some more printer ink (I sure have been printing a lot lately!) DH is meeting some former co-workers tonight and wants me to come along, but I think I would rather stay home and play! I have rubber waiting to be cut and some waiting to be inked up! I also promised 15 cards to DD and I still have 6 to finish (fortunately all cut and partially assembled, just need to stamp 2 images, emboss, punch out and attach them).
I'm with you, I'd rather stay home and play too!

Jeaneen, are you still wanting some repair work done around your house? I just talked to our friend Eddie yesterday and the dr. has given him the all clear to go back to work full time. I told him I'd check and see if you still wanted to contact him.

Reply With Quote Likes