Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-01-2009, 02:40 PM   #481  
Gallery Gazer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

DM welcome home! Glad the fur kids welcomed you home.

Rose I'm sure your card is great! Glad the floors are almost done. One less stress in life is a good thing.

Paula is Molly still doing ok?

Off for my TV time. Chat with you all tomorrow. Can't wait to see all of your buckle cards tomorrow!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2009, 02:46 PM   #482  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrsjvbView Post
been back about 2 hours now, the cats forgave us immediately. Survived visits with both sides of the family but truth be told I am glad we won't be back for a few years....

already have one load of laundry done but will do the rest tomorrow while I attempt to make all the various and sundry doctor's appointments I need for the overseas screening...

there was snow on the ground in NY when we left but it was gone by Scranton. Thank goodness...

Hope everyone had a good holiday....
Welcome back! Sure glad you didn't bring any of that snow back to MD with you... Good luck tomorrow making your doc appts!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2009, 02:48 PM   #483  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rose0165View Post
Hi all - my new floors are down and look good. They have to come back tomorrow morning to do the shoe molding. Hope it doesnt take too long - it is the day of my "girls" retirement luncheon.
Paula - so glad Molly is doing ok. Whew! Close one huh?
Jane - love your card
I finished mine but of course it didnt turn out like I wanted it to. Duh! I didnt think about how far in the punch would go so the buckle slot is not as far into the card as I wanted and one corner is bare looking. I will upload it later.
Bet your floors are lovely! Enjoy. Sure hope they get the molding done in a speedy fashion so you can get to lunch! Enjoy

Can't wait to see your card. Guess I had better start thinking about mine, huh?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2009, 02:53 PM   #484  
Glitter Guru

Whew! Today I feel very close to being a (healthy) human again! I ate a burger for lunch (first food other than rice and toast since Thanksgiving dinner) and attended a class this afternoon. BUT, of course, guess who is now sick? I share much too much...poor DH! Also got a call from oldest DD this morning and she's now not able to leave the bathroom...poor kiddo! Sure hope all the others stay healthy. Sure hoping we are all done and can be healthy for Christmas!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2009, 03:52 PM   #485  
Stazon Splitcoast

Glad you are feeling better....and boy isn't it nice that you shared with your loved ones
Old 12-01-2009, 04:09 PM   #486  
Crimping Master

Molly update - she's still eating & she's more her sweet self so we'll keep our fingers crossed.

Rose - glad your floors are almost done. I love my new kitchen floor. Now I need to look for appliances. Does anyone have stainless steel? I think that's what I want but I'm wondering if it shows alot of fingerprints.

Don't forget your buckle cards. Mine's finished but I need to upload it which I'll probably do tomorrow because I'm too lazy to go downstairs to the PC tonight! Can't wait to see all of them. The cards posted so far are great. We're all so talented, aren't we!

Knitting tonight. I'm working on another friendship shawl for my best friend for her 60th birthday. Her party is Dec. 12th & I'm not even close to being done!

Enjoy your evening.

The best things in life are the people we love, the places we've been and the memories we've made along the way - unknown

SCS Gallery

Check out my blog!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2009, 04:29 PM   #487  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by heyheypaulaView Post
Molly update - she's still eating & she's more her sweet self so we'll keep our fingers crossed.

Rose - glad your floors are almost done. I love my new kitchen floor. Now I need to look for appliances. Does anyone have stainless steel? I think that's what I want but I'm wondering if it shows alot of fingerprints.

Don't forget your buckle cards. Mine's finished but I need to upload it which I'll probably do tomorrow because I'm too lazy to go downstairs to the PC tonight! Can't wait to see all of them. The cards posted so far are great. We're all so talented, aren't we!

Knitting tonight. I'm working on another friendship shawl for my best friend for her 60th birthday. Her party is Dec. 12th & I'm not even close to being done!

Enjoy your evening.
So happy for you and Molly!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2009, 07:17 PM   #488  
Forum Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmGee458View Post
Yes, DEFINITELY a bit 'nippy' out there this morning, but at least the sun is shining!!

I made a card purse with cards to match for the Sherrod Studio Tuesday Throwdown in case you're interested in looking. I posted it to my blog.

Hope you all have a great day!
Mary, the card purse and cards are adorable! What a cute idea for a gift for someone!

Stampin' Up! Demonstrator

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2009, 07:24 PM   #489  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Good morning everyone. Welcome back all of you turkey day travelers. Glad you made it home safely.

Yesterday was very stressful day here at the Riley's. My Molly dog has not been eating very much this past week. For those of you who don't know, she has bladder cancer. I called the vet & he said bring her in at 3. Needless to say DH & I were very upset all day thinking that we might not be bringing her home. Even my 88 year old mom cried & said goodbye to her before we left.

Good news - she came home with us! My vet checked her over & said she was in good shape except she had lost a few pounds. He gave me an appetite stimulant, a special high caloric dog food, and lots of suggestions to entice her to eat. I think the trip to the vet scared her into eating! She came home and ate some pieces of chicken breast ( which I had been offering her all weekend!) even before she took the appetite stimulant. At 5 this morning she woke me up to go out & when she came in she headed right for the kitchen & gave me the "feed me please" look! She ate some of the special dog food from the vet. So keep your fingers crossed that she is on her way to eating again.

I know there is no cure for the tumor she has in her bladder, so we'll keep on spoiling her and enjoying the time we have left with her.
Paula, I'm so glad Molly is doing better! You feel so helpless when they are not eating no matter how much you try to find something they will take. I'm glad the appetite stimulant is working for her and she seems back to herself again! She is such a sweetie, I so enjoyed meeting her!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2009, 07:33 PM   #490  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Hi all - my new floors are down and look good. They have to come back tomorrow morning to do the shoe molding. Hope it doesnt take too long - it is the day of my "girls" retirement luncheon.
Paula - so glad Molly is doing ok. Whew! Close one huh?
Jane - love your card
I finished mine but of course it didnt turn out like I wanted it to. Duh! I didnt think about how far in the punch would go so the buckle slot is not as far into the card as I wanted and one corner is bare looking. I will upload it later.
Rose I just love hardwood floors, I'll bet yours really look nice! We have hardwood floors in the living and dining rooms but they really needed refinishing when we bought the house 5 yrs. ago so we put wall-to-wall down over them. Someday I would love to get rid of the carpet and redo the floors but I don't know how they would hold up with the dogs.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2009, 07:36 PM   #491  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by jtaxView Post
Whew! Today I feel very close to being a (healthy) human again! I ate a burger for lunch (first food other than rice and toast since Thanksgiving dinner) and attended a class this afternoon. BUT, of course, guess who is now sick? I share much too much...poor DH! Also got a call from oldest DD this morning and she's now not able to leave the bathroom...poor kiddo! Sure hope all the others stay healthy. Sure hoping we are all done and can be healthy for Christmas!
I'm so glad you are feeling better Jeaneen! Sorry that your hubby has it now and that your DD isn't feeling the best either. Hope they both recover quickly!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2009, 03:19 AM   #492  
Gallery Gazer

Default Buckle Card

Thank you Paula for hosting!

Here is my buckle card.
Attached Thumbnails
MD * Maryland Anyone........?III-ponyparty01.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2009, 04:05 AM   #493  
Pearl-ExPert

Default Talent Will Out

you all made some great cards....belated HB to PAULA! Rose, you crack me up with your crack a page or two ago.....Jeaneen, not good to share some things, kind of like STD's, you don't want to share these types of things! Tell DH I send him regards....seems like he has been at it for awhile. DM going over the sea..........to get us Copic deals. How very considerate. Mary, it really looks like you and Amanda have class work.....to do for us........love to learn....want to make the card holder and the little calendar note pad. Jeaneen already has her class assignment....the note pad holder and Paula gave me the 411 on the notepad holder which I hope to find some time this week or next to try! Holiday gift giving at it's best. Now I just need to learn how to use the Bind It All and I am rolling. I had to put away Fall stuff today at work and I don't have a Christmas note pad holder (hint hint Amanda!) so I guess I will pout for awhile and just be tacky with the fall one....Now, Let's see, what did I forget? Anyone else have gift giving ideas? Tracy is doing the tag dance.....I love crafts! Sara is quiet and Kathi is running with the Big Dogs. Stacy, where are you and Kimme, that baby should be mine. I want her!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2009, 04:40 AM   #494  
Pearl-ExPert

Default card upload

Mornin all. Waiting for the floor guys. I will try to upload my card. If it doesnt work, I sent it towork and hopefully it will work there. Boy, am I going to miss that computer. Its so fast.
Attached Thumbnails
MD * Maryland Anyone........?III-buckle-card-moose.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2009, 04:41 AM   #495  
Pearl-ExPert

it worked it worked! Ta da. My day is now complete!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2009, 04:54 AM   #496  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Mornin all. Waiting for the floor guys. I will try to upload my card. If it doesnt work, I sent it towork and hopefully it will work there. Boy, am I going to miss that computer. Its so fast.
Rose, your card is adorable!!!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2009, 05:04 AM   #497  
Forum Fanatic

Good Morning Ladies! Off to work this morning and will probably have to take Sammy back to the vet this afternoon. He won't stop rubbing the wound on the outside of the ear so he may have to wear the dreaded lampshade to keep him from messing with it. We were putting vit.E on it and it was healing really well then last night he kept rubbing on it and got it all open again. I hate making him wear it but it's probably the only way it's going to heal completely. Poor baby, he's already been through so much.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2009, 06:05 AM   #498  
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm here. I have been lurking...not much to say, and less time to say it. I've been busy busy busy since last Wednesday. I'm doing a project a day with the girls and some on my own through the month....I have several blog posts to prepare. You will all be tired of me by the end of the month (if you follow my blog that is.)

If any of you want to do the little Chipboard calendars or post it not holders let me know...I have LOTS of the calendars and the small white post it pads. I thought I was going to do a craft fair this year, but never found one I could get to and was reasonable. If anyone is interested in making the treck out here on the 12th we can have a gift making day. PM me, if we have enough interest I'll set a time and get you the details. Just a warning....Hubby has to work that day, so the kids will all be around.
Old 12-02-2009, 06:06 AM   #499  
Stazon Splitcoast

I hope Sammy is feeling better soon. Have you seen the movie UP? On there the dogs put the "cone of shame" on Dug. hehehe. The girls couldn't figure out why the dog was wearing a lamp.
Old 12-02-2009, 07:15 AM   #500  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Enjoy your evening.
Paula, they do show fingerprints, my neighbor has a set. When we did our kitchen, we went with black appliances, easy clean up and in our 'tuscan' kitchen they work beautifully.

Sears and Lowe's often have sales where they are not only on sale but if you go with their credit card it is no interest for one year, making paying it off much easier.

Hugs!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2009, 07:31 AM   #501  
Pearl-ExPert

I won't be on much during the day today, so I hope you are all doing well.

DM welcome home
Paula glad you are better
Jeaneene glad you are better
Amanda I'm still jealous of all the Christmas trees!
Everyone; Hugs to you all!

Off to have lunch with my BFF!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2009, 07:34 AM   #502  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by MelenaPrincessView Post
I'm here. I have been lurking...not much to say, and less time to say it. I've been busy busy busy since last Wednesday. I'm doing a project a day with the girls and some on my own through the month....I have several blog posts to prepare. You will all be tired of me by the end of the month (if you follow my blog that is.)

If any of you want to do the little Chipboard calendars or post it not holders let me know...I have LOTS of the calendars and the small white post it pads. I thought I was going to do a craft fair this year, but never found one I could get to and was reasonable. If anyone is interested in making the treck out here on the 12th we can have a gift making day. PM me, if we have enough interest I'll set a time and get you the details. Just a warning....Hubby has to work that day, so the kids will all be around.
I may be able to make it! If I'm feeling better. I was so tired when I woke up today that after getting Evan off to school I went back to bed and just got up. I still feel like I could go back to bed. Really weird for me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2009, 08:06 AM   #503  
Crimping Master

Default Challenge Card

Rose, your card is so cute. Gotta love that Riley Moose!

Here's a link to my buckle card. I used shimmery white cardstock so IRL it has a little more glitz to it!

Joy Buckle Card

The best things in life are the people we love, the places we've been and the memories we've made along the way - unknown

SCS Gallery

Check out my blog!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2009, 08:12 AM   #504  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathi127View Post
Good Morning Ladies! Off to work this morning and will probably have to take Sammy back to the vet this afternoon. He won't stop rubbing the wound on the outside of the ear so he may have to wear the dreaded lampshade to keep him from messing with it. We were putting vit.E on it and it was healing really well then last night he kept rubbing on it and got it all open again. I hate making him wear it but it's probably the only way it's going to heal completely. Poor baby, he's already been through so much.
Not the Cone of Shame!!!!! poor little guy....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2009, 08:19 AM   #505  
Pearl-ExPert

oie vey.. I just realized that I have got to get cracking on stuff.. still have less than half of the candy made, I need to send out Christmas cards, need little trinket gifties for my houskeepers by the 16th plus send out th elast boxes of gifts to family and friends.. all in between scheduling Overseas screening crap.

Luckily I got 2 appointments made already( anybody gonna be around on base Friday? I have an appointment at 1030 but will be stuck on base either before or after til Squidward can come get me. )

Gonna go look now for a template for a box or something I can stash some homemade cherries in for the housekeepers....Prolly don't have time to order cello bags and make a topper.. not that I have the right die anyway( memo to self.., buy Top Note Die before PCSing....)

Still undecided as to whether I will actually put up a tree.. I'd like to if for no other reason than having the Mids over before we run away in March.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2009, 08:52 AM   #506  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Oh that sounds like a fun time. Let me know what time works for you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2009, 12:23 PM   #507  
Crimping Master

Here are links & the post numbers of all the buckle cards uploaded so far, Hope I didn't miss anyone.

Loretta #91
Hobbyaholic #304
Gloria #356
Jane #454
Amanda #492
Rose #494
Paula #503

SCS Gallery

Check out my blog!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2009, 12:42 PM   #508  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Kimme, as of right now, I can come. Would be fun. I meant to order some calendars...

~Cherie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2009, 12:59 PM   #509  
Pearl-ExPert

Looks like you guys are busy!

Amanda, sorry you aren't feeling up to par, hopefully you will feel better soon.
BFF Barb and I went to DOn Pablo's. Oh the food was so good! THen we can back to my home for visiting and play time.

BTW, don't be real surprised, I chopped some more of my hair off yesterday, love the new cut, the girl who cut it for me is awesome!

Hopefully I'll catch up soon, I'll PM my vote later on!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2009, 01:39 PM   #510  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Here are links & the post numbers of all the buckle cards uploaded so far, Hope I didn't miss anyone.

Loretta #91
Hobbyaholic #304
Gloria #356
Jane #454
Amanda #492
Rose #494
Paula #503

Good luck ladies you all did a wonderful job!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2009, 01:40 PM   #511  
Hardware Hotshot

Mary,

Order should be here tomorrow. They deliver late to me so I should be able to drop it off friday.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2009, 03:23 PM   #512  
Stazon Splitcoast

I have until midnight to post my buckle card...right? I hope so, I need a few more hours in the day today.
Old 12-02-2009, 03:48 PM   #513  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by tracyltrippView Post
Good luck ladies you all did a wonderful job!
Hey Tracy, I didn't see yours! Is it where mine is? NOWHERE! I just couldn't get my act together with company and being sick, I just got to admire everyone else's work (and these ladies sure did a great job!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2009, 04:46 PM   #514  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by jtaxView Post
Hey Tracy, I didn't see yours! Is it where mine is? NOWHERE! I just couldn't get my act together with company and being sick, I just got to admire everyone else's work (and these ladies sure did a great job!)
I think mine is the same place as yours and Tracy's! I just couldn't get my act together either with everything that's been going on. And I've got to go to bed early tonight, I have to have Sammy at the shelter tomorrow morning in Upper Marlboro at 6:30 to be neutered so that means I've got to leave the house at 5:30 a.m. I could have had my vet do it and the shelter would reimburse me $100 but since I already paid it as part of the adoption fee I figured I would just let them do it. So I'll drop him off and go on to work. Can't pick him up until 6:30-7:00 p.m. though so it's gonna be a very long day!

And I agree, those of you that did submit cards did an awesome job!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2009, 04:49 PM   #515  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmandaWView Post
I may be able to make it! If I'm feeling better. I was so tired when I woke up today that after getting Evan off to school I went back to bed and just got up. I still feel like I could go back to bed. Really weird for me.
Hope you're not coming down with anything! Get whatever rest you need and hope you feel better soon!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2009, 04:51 PM   #516  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Rose, your card is so cute. Gotta love that Riley Moose!

Here's a link to my buckle card. I used shimmery white cardstock so IRL it has a little more glitz to it!

Joy Buckle Card
Paula, what a beautiful card!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2009, 04:58 PM   #517  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrsjvbView Post
Not the Cone of Shame!!!!! poor little guy....
As it turned out I didn't have to take him to the vet, I called them and they told me I could put neosporin on it and that I could buy the lampshade at PetsMart cheaper than what they have at the vet and a nicer one to boot. The thing still cost me $35, but it is much nicer, it's like a mini inner-tube, you blow it up so it's soft and squishy and not that hard plastic like the ones the vet has. Of course now that I went and bought the thing he hasn't messed with his ear all day! I guess just the threat of having to wear the collar made him decide to keep his paws off it!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2009, 01:43 AM   #518  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathi127View Post
As it turned out I didn't have to take him to the vet, I called them and they told me I could put neosporin on it and that I could buy the lampshade at PetsMart cheaper than what they have at the vet and a nicer one to boot. The thing still cost me $35, but it is much nicer, it's like a mini inner-tube, you blow it up so it's soft and squishy and not that hard plastic like the ones the vet has. Of course now that I went and bought the thing he hasn't messed with his ear all day! I guess just the threat of having to wear the collar made him decide to keep his paws off it!
Too funny!! - Not only is he CUTE ~ he is SMART, too!!!

~Cherie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2009, 02:15 AM   #519  
Pearl-ExPert

Morning.

Once Chad is off to school, I'm gonna snooze. Pray for Craig he takes his final and graduates today, pray he passes with no problems, I need him home for a while.

I'll be spending a bulk of my day at the MVA, need to get two tags renewed and the title for the 98 (paid off the car) and handicap information turned in on DH's disability.

Take care !
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2009, 03:09 AM   #520  
Gallery Gazer

Good morning ladies! Hope you all have a great day.
Reply With Quote Likes