Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-13-2010, 04:11 AM   #4641  
Forum Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by MelenaPrincessView Post
Howdy, remember me? I was in Ohio with no cell coverage or internet access all weekend. They might as well have cut off my left arm while I was there. How do people survive like that? You know, the way we did 10-15 years ago.
Welcome home Kimme! Glad you made it back safely!

Stampin' Up! Demonstrator

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2010, 04:11 AM   #4642  
Gallery Gazer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ohhhhh VERY GOOD! Can't wait I'm going to mark this on my to do list so I don't forget again.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2010, 04:23 AM   #4643  
Forum Fanatic

Good Morning Everyone. I'm off to the doctor this morning before heading to work. Seems my depression meds aren't working too well anymore and I've been having some rough moments lately. I'm hoping we can find something else that will get me back on track. Wish I didn't have to take them at all but then I wouldn't be able to get out of bed in the morning! Wish me luck!

Hope the rest of you have a great day!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2010, 04:26 AM   #4644  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Howdy, remember me? I was in Ohio with no cell coverage or internet access all weekend. They might as well have cut off my left arm while I was there. How do people survive like that? You know, the way we did 10-15 years ago.
I feel your pain although this time with verizon I did have cell phone coverage( the only one of us who did. My cousin was able to get a really really REALLY crappy WiFi signal if she sat in a certain spot and did.not.move but my laptop couldn't find it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2010, 04:28 AM   #4645  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathi127View Post
Good Morning Everyone. I'm off to the doctor this morning before heading to work. Seems my depression meds aren't working too well anymore and I've been having some rough moments lately. I'm hoping we can find something else that will get me back on track. Wish I didn't have to take them at all but then I wouldn't be able to get out of bed in the morning! Wish me luck!

Ahhh I'm sorry Kathi. Best of luck I'll email you later I'm running out now but will talk to you soon.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2010, 04:59 AM   #4646  
Crimping Master

wow where to begin you guys have been busy since yesterday LOL

Kimme! Welcome back and I totally can feel your pain I go nuts without my technology now...I hope you had a wonderful trip!!

Jane - Love the challenge!!! I think I may try one of those crumpled flower thingys (wish me luck LOL) and arent all the colors retiring LOL I need to mark it down too or i may forget

Kathi - Oh No!!!! I hope the doctor is able to adjust your meds to get you feeling okay.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2010, 05:35 AM   #4647  
Stazon Splitcoast

Kathi~It sucks when your meds aren't quite right, so sorry. I finally found one that worked for 5 years (well, they finally made one that worked great for me) and sometimes now I think I need to switch, but am trying to figure out which is worse, switching or not switching. I certainly need to have dh around while I'm switching just so that there is one sane person around with the kids.
Old 04-13-2010, 05:53 AM   #4648  
Stazon Splitcoast

The visit with the family was mostly fun. I wont be driving back with the kids by myself if we go to the same location next year. That extra hour in the car killed us. A couple funny moments....

*My niece (16) and her friends were supposed to be doing research for a paper and instead they were looking up some ASL signs and came up with a very practical phrase to learn, "I'm sorry your sea turtle died in the microwave." She did it twice in front of the girls and yesterday when I was buckling Reganne into her car seat she says and signs, "I'm sorry your ocean turtle was dead in the microwave." I lost it.

*My brother Kent was teasing the girls and made Reganne cry (that's what he does best, growing up with him was not fun.) A nephew told the girls that you sign Uncle Kent by making an L on your forehead (looser). The twins have no idea why it is so funny, they now just think that's how you sign his name Sunday we found out that his wife and kids make a K on their forehead when he is having "Kent Moments."

Mom was actually getting around quite well. She got the boot off her foot and was switched to an air cast on Wed so she was able to get around surprisingly well. She didn't use her walker while inside at all, and since it was all rocks outside we wouldn't let her go out.

Oh and you all are going to laugh. It was a stamping food weekend.
I made spinach dip, cake balls, and Tijuana Tidbits (a recipe I got from another group here on SCS) then my sil made crack dip. It was the first time anyone in my family tried it, and it was gone in 30 seconds. So I did think of you all as I ate my way through the weekend.

and speaking of food.....
We had a genius idea. I was dipping the cake balls and grabbed some pretzels to use up the left over chocolate, then we decided to dip grahm crackers in the chocolate for the s'mores. I just spread a layer of chocolate on each one, the chocolate wen further, it was less messy and you got some chocolate with each bite.
Old 04-13-2010, 10:33 AM   #4649  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by harrahx2View Post
I'm laughing Kimme because I swore I never wanted a cell phone.........now....a totally different story!

Okay ladies, good morning. Your challenge this go round will honor Gloria. If you look at her gallery, you will see the beautiful flowers she makes. So, in honor of her and her flowers, you MUST make a card with a home made flower. Now, as an added bonus, if you use any of the retiring colors....well, that is an added bonus for points! Let's have some fun with this. Post your card on the 24th or 25th. Voting will be the 26th. That way, all the cards will be easily found. I have a hard time tracking the cards if they are scattered through the postings and I think it will be easier for everyone to vote. I hope you will participate and have some fun with it.

Still looking forward to lots of fun on Saturday! I just know the cards will all be beautiful!

Gee, Jane I am so honored. lol Your a hoot!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2010, 10:35 AM   #4650  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Kathi~It sucks when your meds aren't quite right, so sorry. I finally found one that worked for 5 years (well, they finally made one that worked great for me) and sometimes now I think I need to switch, but am trying to figure out which is worse, switching or not switching. I certainly need to have dh around while I'm switching just so that there is one sane person around with the kids.
Well, went to the doctor and she gave me a prescription for Remeron to add to what I am currently taking. She said it would help with my insomnia and also lift my mood. Got to work and looked it up online (I always want to know what I'm taking and what the side effects are first) and it says it causes increased appetite and SIGNIFICANT weight gain! I will be even more depressed if that happens! So I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I may give it a try and if I see my weight going up drastically I will have to stop taking it. I can't see where adding 30 extra pounds is good for my health either! And I sure can't afford a whole new wardrobe to accommodate extra lbs.!

She did say if that didn't work she would recommend a psychiatrist who has much more experience with prescribing the best meds for people suffering from depression. Funny, my mother always did say I needed a psychiatrist!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2010, 10:36 AM   #4651  
Pearl-ExPert

Hey G, you know I admire talent, everyone else seems to have it. I just enjoy it! Found a new flower I need to share with you. The young lady is supposed to do a video on how she did it. It was quite pretty...hope I can find it again!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2010, 11:01 AM   #4652  
Pearl-ExPert

Default feel better

Quote:

I here you Kathi. It is pretty bad when you have to change a medication or increase.

My depression issues are currently resolving with a double in the dose of cymbalta I take. It has a wonderful side effect, it helps with the pain in my feet due to the diabetes.

My doctor called this morning with my latest lab results and my creatine level is elevated. Most likely due to the diabetes, but probally brought on by hypertension. My last BP was 168/98 way high. That medication got raised from 5 mg to 20. I'm only 45 -- I'm to young to start falling apart.....

Please know if you need to talk with someone, I'm here for you. I know it can be a struggle when other issues seem to be in the foreground.

Hang tight, you are in my prayers!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2010, 11:06 AM   #4653  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Well, went to the doctor and she gave me a prescription for Remeron to add to what I am currently taking. She said it would help with my insomnia and also lift my mood. Got to work and looked it up online (I always want to know what I'm taking and what the side effects are first) and it says it causes increased appetite and SIGNIFICANT weight gain! I will be even more depressed if that happens! So I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I may give it a try and if I see my weight going up drastically I will have to stop taking it. I can't see where adding 30 extra pounds is good for my health either! And I sure can't afford a whole new wardrobe to accommodate extra lbs.!

She did say if that didn't work she would recommend a psychiatrist who has much more experience with prescribing the best meds for people suffering from depression. Funny, my mother always did say I needed a psychiatrist!
Or maybe you just need more playtime....or wait maybe that's just me.

Really hope your feeling better soon. We will try our best to make you smile, laugh till it hurts and work on getting that weight gain started on Saturday.

( . ) HUGS ( . )
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2010, 11:40 AM   #4654  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by ms.rhettaView Post
I here you Kathi. It is pretty bad when you have to change a medication or increase.

My depression issues are currently resolving with a double in the dose of cymbalta I take. It has a wonderful side effect, it helps with the pain in my feet due to the diabetes.

My doctor called this morning with my latest lab results and my creatine level is elevated. Most likely due to the diabetes, but probally brought on by hypertension. My last BP was 168/98 way high. That medication got raised from 5 mg to 20. I'm only 45 -- I'm to young to start falling apart.....

Please know if you need to talk with someone, I'm here for you. I know it can be a struggle when other issues seem to be in the foreground.

Hang tight, you are in my prayers!
Loretta, I'm sorry you are dealing with depression as well and glad that you have found something that works for you. It makes all the difference in the world when the depression meds are working, that's for sure! And glad that the Cymbalta is helping with the pain as well! I really thought she could just switch me to something else but she seemed to think that since I've been on so many different ones that switching wouldn't help.

I sure hope they can get your BP under control, that is rather high and yes you definitely are much too young to be dealing with all those issues. Unfortunately doesn't diabetes and high blood pressure go hand in hand though? I seem to recall several friends who have both.

I will keep you in my prayers as well! Maybe we need to form a mental health support group!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2010, 11:43 AM   #4655  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmandaWView Post
Or maybe you just need more playtime....or wait maybe that's just me.

Really hope your feeling better soon. We will try our best to make you smile, laugh till it hurts and work on getting that weight gain started on Saturday.

( . ) HUGS ( . )
LOL, I just knew I could count on you!!!!

I am definitely looking forward to Saturday, I'm sure it will play a big part in lifting my spirits!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2010, 11:47 AM   #4656  
Forum Fanatic

Kimme, it sure sounds like you had a great weekend with your family! That is too funny about Reganne signing to you about the sea turtles dying in the microwave! She really picked up on that quickly!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2010, 01:55 PM   #4657  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Loretta, I'm sorry you are dealing with depression as well and glad that you have found something that works for you. It makes all the difference in the world when the depression meds are working, that's for sure! And glad that the Cymbalta is helping with the pain as well! I really thought she could just switch me to something else but she seemed to think that since I've been on so many different ones that switching wouldn't help.

I sure hope they can get your BP under control, that is rather high and yes you definitely are much too young to be dealing with all those issues. Unfortunately doesn't diabetes and high blood pressure go hand in hand though? I seem to recall several friends who have both.

I will keep you in my prayers as well! Maybe we need to form a mental health support group!
I hear you! I have a great counselor I see when I need a "tune up" great listening ear. Yes, BP and Diabeties go hand in hand. The good news is they are both reversable. I get to start some Physical training in May. Once my lungs are clear the doc gave the OK to go to the gym. I'm so thrilled about that .... not.

Hugs my friend, hang in there!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2010, 02:40 PM   #4658  
Stazon Splitcoast

Good evening girls! Long time no chat! Mom and I had a great weekend away up in Amish Country and at the stamp convention. I kept enabling Mom at the convention and she kept yelling at me about it. I love spending quality time with her and making her laugh so hard.

Jane and Stacy, I got some of the cookbooks you requested. They didn't have the Center County one on the shelf and said they had ordered more, so I'll have to pick that one up at another time. I'll bring what I did get on Saturday.

My card is partially designed for Saturday. Still have to finish it up and cut cardstock. Mom is pretty much ready to go.

Off to catch up a bit...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2010, 02:42 PM   #4659  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by craigsgirlView Post
Enjoy your post birthday lunch Mary!

Loretta, sorry you won't be at Allentown, will miss seeing you there.

Happy Saturday everyone. Off to the stamp show
Mom and I looked for you and JoAnn, but it was kinda crowded when we got there Saturday afternoon. Sunday was so much nicer - we even got to do some make & takes. Hope you both had a great time and picked up lots of neat goodies.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2010, 02:43 PM   #4660  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by devonsmom98View Post
For those of you headed to Amanda's SBS next Saturday, you should come onto base a little earlier. 7-3 at the big white Pavilion is the first flea market of the season! It's free to get in. Anyone can attend. I am debating gathering up my stuff and getting a table there. (Think that might be too much work, though!)
I'll keep this in mind and see what time Mom gets here to leave.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2010, 02:45 PM   #4661  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Cindy, you don't need to stress over a card, as long as you bring the mac'n'cheese! Have fun today and tell your mom I said to behave better than I do and don't spend too much money. Kathi, I know you will have a great time. Thanks for the info Cherie, I do love to come early, stay late and play hard. So looking forward to a great day.
I'll definitely have the mac & cheese for ya. Mom behaved for the most part. LOL She did spend a lot and got some new Nesties and stamps that go with them. I can't wait to play with those. She kept saying she doesn't know how to use the Nesties and I told her that wasn't a problem - just buy them and I'll show ya. I'm so bad....LOL!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2010, 02:47 PM   #4662  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Gloria, I heard a rumor you made some different flowers.....is it time for a new lesson? Sara and I are making flowers..............so many flowers, we are having a great flowering time! Took Amanda's idea for ghost flowers and made them also. Glad you all had a good lunch and Mary, glad you got to have a fun birthday time this week. I will celebrate with you next week. First time I have stamped in awhile and I am enjoying it. Almost got my swap ready with Sara's help. Got sidetracked with the dange flowers......so much fun. Gloria, I see another class..............

I think you and Gloria should have a mini tutorial at the swap on Saturday since you want us to use her flowers in the challenge. I have no clue about the flowers.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2010, 02:49 PM   #4663  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ougot2View Post
I don't have any idea what card I am going to make for the SBS. Yikes! I better get a move on. I am so far behind.

Yes, Cherie, it was great to meet you also. I still get everyone confused. I will get it one day. Just bare with me, I will eventually get everyone straight. What am I saying I call my kids by every name except the right one. lol

Ok here goes..... The winner of this months challenge is Jane. Congratulations!!

Way to go Jane!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2010, 02:53 PM   #4664  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Thanks Paula and don't rub it in that you can create a whole NEW card in elss than a week and still be ready for the swap! I need time to do all that, lots of time. I am not as good as you all are at this. I struggle. All the time.
Wish I could do that..........

Oh yeah, and Jeaneen will be BACK with us! The dreaded Tax Man will finally let her go. Yeah!

Oh goody! It will be good to see Jeaneen again.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2010, 02:59 PM   #4665  
Pearl-ExPert

Cindy, I know how much of an enabler you are! You are as bad as Amanda and that is bad. I will stamp out some templates for the Rose and try to show you how Gloria showed me how to make the most beautiful flower, so pretty, the card I used it on is now framed in a beautiful white Ikea frame! I am looking forward to Saturday, can you tell????
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2010, 03:03 PM   #4666  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Welcome home Kimme! I loved the story about the signing about the turtle and the "L" on the forehead. I taught that to my niece too, and Danny and I will do it on occasion if we do something stupid. LOL

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2010, 03:04 PM   #4667  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Sending you hugs and hope the new meds do the trick without the weight gain.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2010, 03:07 PM   #4668  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Cindy, I know how much of an enabler you are! You are as bad as Amanda and that is bad. I will stamp out some templates for the Rose and try to show you how Gloria showed me how to make the most beautiful flower, so pretty, the card I used it on is now framed in a beautiful white Ikea frame! I am looking forward to Saturday, can you tell????

I'm looking forward to Saturday as well. Gonna be a fun day full of laughter, stamping, friends, and yummy food.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2010, 04:28 PM   #4669  
Pearl-ExPert

Hi Cindy;

I was supposed to work with Judith on Saturday at the PA show. Unfortunately, I was too sick to make the drive. I love my nesties, just bought some new ones. I have to HAVE all the new label ones, they are my weakness.

Have a great night everyone. I'm off for tv time and bed. I'll be updated ye ol' blog tomorrow, so stay tuned for my mini clipboard project. It is gaudy, over done and just plain busy,,,,, and I like it!

Hugs,
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2010, 04:54 PM   #4670  
Pearl-ExPert

My question is.. how did the see turtle get in the microwave in the first place?!

My nephew picked up ASL on his own( Non verbal Autistic) in school so now his siblings and parents have a smattering, mostly Billy relevant..potty, go, time for bed, etc.

for you Keurig owners.. I have a bunch of bold/dark roasts that we got for John but since he isn't here right now I don't want them to go to waste. anybody want some? these are all uber strong for those that like it that way( I am a medium roast kinda gal).

Thanks to Amanda( and Nate's patience) I was able to get the final ingredients for the Swap, although it took forever considering the bloody things were hiding. I should probably get the last ones packaged up, huh....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-14-2010, 03:07 AM   #4671  
Gallery Gazer

Good Morning!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-14-2010, 03:44 AM   #4672  
Pearl-ExPert

Good Morning Amanda.......looking forward to the week-end. Hump day is always a hard day!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-14-2010, 04:05 AM   #4673  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Good Morning Amanda.......looking forward to the week-end. Hump day is always a hard day!
Just keep the swap as your light at the end of the tunnel.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-14-2010, 04:16 AM   #4674  
Forum Fanatic

Good Morning Everyone! This beautiful sunny day is really helping to lift my spirits! I hope everyone else enjoys this day too!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-14-2010, 04:59 AM   #4675  
Crimping Master

Morning All!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-14-2010, 05:51 AM   #4676  
Crimping Master

Good morning everyone. Yipee! The sun is shining!

Kathi, hope you're feeling better. Hope this sunshine & the SBS to look forward to lifts your spirits.

Loretta, glad you're feeling better. You sure do stay busy. Post your clipboard...I want to see!

Jane, love the flower challenge & already have in mind what I'm going to try to do. Maybe there will be a flower surprise for you on Saturday! Hmmm!

Waiting for new bedroom furniture to be delivered. Guess what I found under the bed along with many, many dust bunnies? A silver brad & the red plastic from redline tape. I've never stamped in the bedroom. Maybe the dust bunnies were having a SBS!

Got to go...delivery men here!

The best things in life are the people we love, the places we've been and the memories we've made along the way - unknown

SCS Gallery

Check out my blog!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-14-2010, 06:00 AM   #4677  
Pearl-ExPert

'Allo, gang. busy day, want to finish packing up the kits and cleaning my disaster of a Kitchen. Prolly sacred Nate with all the crap that was in there. I know he was upset Jago didn't come to say hello...

Anywho.. for those of you NOT coming on Saturday, I am doing a Scentsy catalog party. Stacy will have the new catalogs out and testers there but she cannot take orders at the swap cuz of Da rools. if any one will be around and wants a catty, stop by and pick one up. or just get one from her later.

To avoid having to pay pesky shipping costs, email her directly with your order.

I will be closing it on the 30th and she is placing the order at like Midnight on the first so those of you who want the May warmer go ahead and preorder it.

I know I am!

looking forward to seeing some of you Saturday and will miss the rest!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-14-2010, 06:32 AM   #4678  
Gallery Gazer

WhooHooo! JoAnn's was good shopping today.

I got 2 packs of Nesties, 4 packs of silver brads, 15 spools of Coats and Clark thread, and a cute easter bunny ready for my total...$37.24! Whoohoo! Less than the reg price of the 2 packs of nesties.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-14-2010, 07:11 AM   #4679  
Pearl-ExPert

Updated my blog. Have a great day. I am going to clean up my stamping area and get a package ready for my DSS little sister.

Chat at you guys soon.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-14-2010, 10:16 AM   #4680  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by heyheypaulaView Post
Good morning everyone. Yipee! The sun is shining!

Kathi, hope you're feeling better. Hope this sunshine & the SBS to look forward to lifts your spirits.

Loretta, glad you're feeling better. You sure do stay busy. Post your clipboard...I want to see!

Jane, love the flower challenge & already have in mind what I'm going to try to do. Maybe there will be a flower surprise for you on Saturday! Hmmm!

Waiting for new bedroom furniture to be delivered. Guess what I found under the bed along with many, many dust bunnies? A silver brad & the red plastic from redline tape. I've never stamped in the bedroom. Maybe the dust bunnies were having a SBS!
Got to go...delivery men here!
Or a little black furry critter who will remain nameless! LOL

Enjoy your new furniture, it's always fun to get new stuff!

Reply With Quote Likes