Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-10-2010, 04:19 PM   #4601  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lunch was super terrific, I had a great time visiting with everyone!

Have a great night,we are very tied, but hey the new dogwood is safely in the ground!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2010, 04:46 AM   #4602  
Insane Embellisher

Headed to my crop in a few minutes. I hope everyone has a good day. Gloria - it was nice to finally meet you, at lunch, yesterday (and to run into you at Great Scraps, too!). Mary, I hope you got a ride in yesteday - or, hopefully today you will.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2010, 04:54 AM   #4603  
Forum Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good Morning Everyone!

Cherie, have fun at your crop today! Mary, glad you had a nice birthday lunch, I'm sorry I had to miss it! Hope you get a ride on that new bike today!

My aunt's birthday was wonderful, she was so surprised, lots of tears! It was almost like a family reunion, I hadn't seen a lot of my family for a number of years so it was even more special! In fact we are all talking about a real family reunion sometime this summer or early fall!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day, enjoy this gorgeous weather! I think I will work on my card for the swap today!

Stampin' Up! Demonstrator

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2010, 05:28 AM   #4604  
Pearl-ExPert

Good Morning! Kathi, glad to hear you had such a good time. I hope you got some pictures. I love getting together with family. It's a great reminder of our roots and our extensions....I can't believe you are so calm about the swap card. I get so anxiety ridden! My crafting area is reconfigured and now the clearing/sorting is about to start. I will bag my card and write instructions today. I hope everyone is having a good week-end. Mary, enjoy your bike. Cindy, hope you and your mom are having a wonderful time at the craft show. Wish I was with you. Gloria, I am getting the stamped pieces together to send to Vicki (This Art That Makes Me Happy) to make the rose. I am totally flower addicted now. Once I make them, I love them so much, I hate to part with them. Sara got me a great frame and I framed the card with the fairy. Smiles and laughter and looking forward to next week-end.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2010, 05:51 AM   #4605  
Pearl-ExPert

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood... (singing)...
*** That is if you're not hacking *** I think I'm worse. I sound like a baby seal getting clubbed to death, that horrible barking cough, and this is day 3 of antibiotics. Probally going to have to see the doc again tomorrow. (make it stop make it stop).

I have a ton of laundry to do and really should try and get some one out to power wash our house, and clean the carpets. Everything has a coat of dusty pollen. Not helping the allergies and cold.

Have a great day, I"m going to *try* and get some more swap cards done.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2010, 06:38 AM   #4606  
Embossing Fanatic

Aww, I've missed so much. I've got to add this thread to my fav bar.

Loretta, it was nice to bump into you yesterday. Hope to get together soon.

Happy Belated birthday to Mary, and everyone else I've missed.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2010, 06:51 AM   #4607  
Pearl-ExPert

all the cardstock is cut but only have 8 complete sets bagged and ready to go. still need to pick some stuff up Tuesday at the grocery store.. yes you are not getting a card from me. deal with it. I figure you won't mind a 5 minute project to take a breather.

also have a bunch of RAKs ready to be signed and mailed plus I have 4 Birthday cards to make. if I am feeling especially productive I may make the MiL's Mother's day card.

Not even noon yet. and all this AFTER I spent an hour with John on Webcam...

Loretta: sorry to hear the cough came back in a big way, you were doing so well at lunch yesterday!.

Kathi: family reunions are fun.. exhausting as all get out, but fun. especially when somebody digs out the photo albums from three generations ago....When I saw my grandparents as Teenagers I was amazed! and now I know what My Brother is going to look like in 30 years..

Mary: hope you are too busy riding to see this!

Everybody else have a great day cleaning.. or farming.. or being lazy.. or whatever...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2010, 07:18 AM   #4608  
Watercolor Wizard

Nope- not out riding...yet. DH had to work today so once he's home, we're going out for a quick ride...

In the meantime, I'm trying to catch up on laundry and clean a little...you know- all the FUN stuff... ~

Hope everyone has a great day!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2010, 07:34 AM   #4609  
Pearl-ExPert

Loretta - you infected me!!!!! Woke up this morning all congested and last night started coughing up a storm. Like I was choking on food. Surprise - I wasnt eating anying, I know, VERY surprising!!! Really, Im sure its allergies. I was outside for a while w/the dog yesterday afternoon.
Have a great day everyone. Now that Im completely anxiety ridden about my non-existent card for the swap, I will head over the that end of the B I G room! Its all of 4 steps!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2010, 07:57 AM   #4610  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by HobbyaholicView Post
Aww, I've missed so much. I've got to add this thread to my fav bar.

Loretta, it was nice to bump into you yesterday. Hope to get together soon.

Happy Belated birthday to Mary, and everyone else I've missed.
It was great to see you as well, I did find two of the new Tim Holtz dies I wanted, used an AC Moore and Michael's coupons to buy them! His new dies and embossing folders are so cute!

Yes, we need a play date for sure!

Hugs,
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2010, 07:58 AM   #4611  
Pearl-ExPert

[QUOTE=Mrsjvb;16485672]

Loretta: sorry to hear the cough came back in a big way, you were doing so well at lunch yesterday!.
QUOTE]

Thanks Dawn Marie. I just can't seem to totally get rid of this crap. I did great at lunch yesterday, and was good until it was time to sleep, woke up 1/2 doz times just hacking. Arrgh!

Hugs,
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2010, 08:03 AM   #4612  
Pearl-ExPert

Red face Oh my!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rose0165View Post
Loretta - you infected me!!!!! Woke up this morning all congested and last night started coughing up a storm. Like I was choking on food. Surprise - I wasnt eating anying, I know, VERY surprising!!! Really, Im sure its allergies. I was outside for a while w/the dog yesterday afternoon.
Have a great day everyone. Now that Im completely anxiety ridden about my non-existent card for the swap, I will head over the that end of the B I G room! Its all of 4 steps!
Slap my butt and call me Frances -- (not). I really hope it is only allergies, Rose, but go to Vitamin C land and rest!

For those of you who where not at lunch yesterday, my big "secret" came out, Frances is my first name. I hate it with a passion, and my middle name is Loretta. Loretta is the only part of my birth name I still have. Maybe one day I'll get brave and have my adoption records unsealed.

I'm heading to Michael's while Mike is heading to Lowe's to pick up some ferns and some other small things to plant in the planters out front. The yard is looking so great. I need to find someone to pressure wash our house, if any one has suggestions, let me know!

Have a great afternoon, I'll catch up soon.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2010, 10:08 AM   #4613  
Pearl-ExPert

The Laurel Michael's has a few (very limited selection) of the new circle g dollar stamps. Very cute, larger fonts like "believe", "I love you", and "Joy". I picked up I think 11 of them.

Off to do some more swap cards.

Hugs,
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2010, 11:41 AM   #4614  
Crimping Master

Howdy All! Swap card done, just have to cut kits and see if nana needs help with hers!

Been busy cleaning, stamping and farming today (virtual farming that is LOL)

Hope everyone has a great day!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2010, 12:56 PM   #4615  
Pearl-ExPert

Hey Stacy, mine is done too! I am so relieved. See you on Saturday. It sure is pretty out there now. We are cooking out tonight.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2010, 01:04 PM   #4616  
Pearl-ExPert

OK. I have 3/4 of the ugliest card on earth designed. Now only a little anxious.
Have to think of another one for Sun for Michelles. Has to be travel or destination types. I have nothing but a car. Thinking maybe beach - fish/octopi, etc. My brain is exploding.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2010, 02:22 PM   #4617  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rose0165View Post
OK. I have 3/4 of the ugliest card on earth designed. Now only a little anxious.
Have to think of another one for Sun for Michelles. Has to be travel or destination types. I have nothing but a car. Thinking maybe beach - fish/octopi, etc. My brain is exploding.
Rose, you say that everytime and your cards are always beautiful! I know it is just fine and we will all enjoy making it! Hope you are feeling better!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2010, 05:57 PM   #4618  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by harrahx2View Post
Good Morning! Kathi, glad to hear you had such a good time. I hope you got some pictures. I love getting together with family. It's a great reminder of our roots and our extensions....I can't believe you are so calm about the swap card. I get so anxiety ridden! My crafting area is reconfigured and now the clearing/sorting is about to start. I will bag my card and write instructions today. I hope everyone is having a good week-end. Mary, enjoy your bike. Cindy, hope you and your mom are having a wonderful time at the craft show. Wish I was with you. Gloria, I am getting the stamped pieces together to send to Vicki (This Art That Makes Me Happy) to make the rose. I am totally flower addicted now. Once I make them, I love them so much, I hate to part with them. Sara got me a great frame and I framed the card with the fairy. Smiles and laughter and looking forward to next week-end.
Jane, you are so funny. Little did I know you would be come addicted to flower making. I wonder if they have a 10 step program for that?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2010, 06:07 PM   #4619  
Mad Swapper

I don't have any idea what card I am going to make for the SBS. Yikes! I better get a move on. I am so far behind.

Yes, Cherie, it was great to meet you also. I still get everyone confused. I will get it one day. Just bare with me, I will eventually get everyone straight. What am I saying I call my kids by every name except the right one. lol

Ok here goes..... The winner of this months challenge is Jane. Congratulations!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2010, 06:57 PM   #4620  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ougot2View Post
I don't have any idea what card I am going to make for the SBS. Yikes! I better get a move on. I am so far behind.

Yes, Cherie, it was great to meet you also. I still get everyone confused. I will get it one day. Just bare with me, I will eventually get everyone straight. What am I saying I call my kids by every name except the right one. lol

Ok here goes..... The winner of this months challenge is Jane. Congratulations!!
Woo Hoo! Congrats, Jane!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2010, 03:44 AM   #4621  
Pearl-ExPert

Uhh, I think that's because I am the only one that posted.......hello............ where were you all? I will come up with a challenge and you can bet it will have flowers! I am addicted and Sara is too. I think Amanda might be also! LOL......too funny. Thanks Gloria!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2010, 04:16 AM   #4622  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Uhh, I think that's because I am the only one that posted.......hello............ where were you all? I will come up with a challenge and you can bet it will have flowers! I am addicted and Sara is too. I think Amanda might be also! LOL......too funny. Thanks Gloria!
Addicted! I'm NOT Addicted!.....Yeah okay so I am but it's so fun!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2010, 04:21 AM   #4623  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Congratulations Jane!!!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2010, 05:35 AM   #4624  
Pearl-ExPert

Congratulations Jane! You deserve it!!!! Beautiful card.
See you Sat. Cant wait.
Kathi - no,this time is really bad. Maybe its because they're not my colors, but I keep trying to change it and it just gets worse. Nobody's going to tell anyone they dont like their card tho, so Im ok w/that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2010, 05:58 AM   #4625  
Pearl-ExPert

Aww, thanks everyone, the only reason I won is I was the ONLY CARD! Rose, your cards are great. I am really excited about the swap. It seems like such a long time. I won't miss Cindy's next time, it just makes it seem a much longer time between swaps. Amanda, I totally agree, flowers are fun but because of Gloria, I now have the Tim Holtz flower die, the Sizzix flower die and the stamp set for the Rose...........Gloria is a very bad girl. And I am still waiting on the punch from Kim's store!

LMAO
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2010, 06:21 AM   #4626  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Ok, I'm confused, I know I didn't vote, when where we supposed to vote? Where is the post with all the entries?

Hugs,
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2010, 06:22 AM   #4627  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Aww, thanks everyone, the only reason I won is I was the ONLY CARD! Rose, your cards are great. I am really excited about the swap. It seems like such a long time. I won't miss Cindy's next time, it just makes it seem a much longer time between swaps. Amanda, I totally agree, flowers are fun but because of Gloria, I now have the Tim Holtz flower die, the Sizzix flower die and the stamp set for the Rose...........Gloria is a very bad girl. And I am still waiting on the punch from Kim's store!

LMAO
No, I entered a card as well, here it is again....
Attached Thumbnails
MD * Maryland Anyone........?III-dream-001.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2010, 07:20 AM   #4628  
Crimping Master

to all of you that have finished your card for the SBS - there's still 5days left! I have a card half finished but don't like it so I think I'll do another! My goal today is to finish so I can cut & bag!

Congratulations Jane!

Hope you feel better Loretta.

Mary - Hope you get to ride soon. Stop by on your bike sometime when you're out riding.

Everyone - Enjoy this beautiful day!

The best things in life are the people we love, the places we've been and the memories we've made along the way - unknown

SCS Gallery

Check out my blog!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2010, 07:56 AM   #4629  
Pearl-ExPert

Thanks Paula and don't rub it in that you can create a whole NEW card in elss than a week and still be ready for the swap! I need time to do all that, lots of time. I am not as good as you all are at this. I struggle. All the time.
Wish I could do that..........

Oh yeah, and Jeaneen will be BACK with us! The dreaded Tax Man will finally let her go. Yeah!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2010, 08:44 AM   #4630  
Forum Fanatic

My card's not done yet! I thought I would get to it yesterday but it didn't work out that way so I'll be scrambling this week to get everything done! I have a picture in my head, now just have to figure out what colors to use (depending on how much of each I have on hand) and I'll be ok. I do work better under pressure though!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2010, 08:45 AM   #4631  
Forum Fanatic

Oh, almost forgot! YAY for Jeaneen!!! Can't wait to see you again tax lady!!!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2010, 10:04 AM   #4632  
Gallery Gazer

I'm tellin ya' about time H&R gives our friend back! Ahhh to funny the bottom banner add on this page now is from H&R Block! lol Must be a sign...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2010, 10:49 AM   #4633  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by heyheypaulaView Post
to all of you that have finished your card for the SBS - there's still 5days left! I have a card half finished but don't like it so I think I'll do another! My goal today is to finish so I can cut & bag!

Congratulations Jane!

Hope you feel better Loretta.

Mary - Hope you get to ride soon. Stop by on your bike sometime when you're out riding.

Everyone - Enjoy this beautiful day!
I FINALLY got out on my bike yesterday afternoon...I almost stopped by last night while we were out riding!
One of these days I will!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2010, 10:50 AM   #4634  
Pearl-ExPert

Congrats Jane on the Challenge Win!
I'm looking forward to a play date April!
I'm looking forward to our Jeanne to come back so we can all have a fun get-to - gether again!

Hi everyone. I just finished up three sets of swap cards. Only six sets left to do (of six cards each) -- oh my!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2010, 02:34 PM   #4635  
Pearl-ExPert

Where is everyone?

I hope you are all outside enjoying beautiful weather. We are grilling hamburgers for dinner!

Have a great evening!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2010, 04:34 PM   #4636  
Stazon Splitcoast

Howdy, remember me? I was in Ohio with no cell coverage or internet access all weekend. They might as well have cut off my left arm while I was there. How do people survive like that? You know, the way we did 10-15 years ago.
Old 04-12-2010, 05:09 PM   #4637  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by MelenaPrincessView Post
Howdy, remember me? I was in Ohio with no cell coverage or internet access all weekend. They might as well have cut off my left arm while I was there. How do people survive like that? You know, the way we did 10-15 years ago.
Welcome back, Kimme! Isn't it amazing at all the things that we used to live without!!!??
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2010, 05:23 PM   #4638  
Pearl-ExPert

Default Welcome home

Quote:

Originally Posted by MelenaPrincessView Post
How did we live without them? Welcome home.

How did the kids do with the road trip! Glad you are safe and sound, relax and stamp!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2010, 03:28 AM   #4639  
Gallery Gazer

Welcome home Kimmie!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2010, 03:55 AM   #4640  
Pearl-ExPert

I'm laughing Kimme because I swore I never wanted a cell phone.........now....a totally different story!

Okay ladies, good morning. Your challenge this go round will honor Gloria. If you look at her gallery, you will see the beautiful flowers she makes. So, in honor of her and her flowers, you MUST make a card with a home made flower. Now, as an added bonus, if you use any of the retiring colors....well, that is an added bonus for points! Let's have some fun with this. Post your card on the 24th or 25th. Voting will be the 26th. That way, all the cards will be easily found. I have a hard time tracking the cards if they are scattered through the postings and I think it will be easier for everyone to vote. I hope you will participate and have some fun with it.

Still looking forward to lots of fun on Saturday! I just know the cards will all be beautiful!
Reply With Quote Likes