Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-29-2009, 05:03 AM   #401  
Forum Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Happy Birthday Paula!!!!

Stampin' Up! Demonstrator

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2009, 05:03 AM   #402  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question of the day....

Your Christmas tree- live or artificial?

Since we moved into this house in 1992 and had so much more room, we go with a big live tree. I just love the smell of it!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2009, 05:10 AM   #403  
Stazon Splitcoast

Kimme, that video was too cute with Kerri.

Glad everyone had a great Thanksgiving.

Mom and I have been busy the past 2 days attempting to clean out my grandmom's house starting in the attic. 30+ bags of trash later and we've only made a tiny dent in the place. She never threw anything out - I guess since she lived during the depression period maybe?? So much stuff to go through. Today we are taking a break, heading to church, and then to the movies to see Blindside.

Loretta, I'm not sure about CW yet. I'll have to let ya know closer to the date.

Tracy, darn, I doubt I can make it to your tag making night. I won't get out of work until 4:00 or 4:30 and then the drive down there in rush hour might get me there by 6:00 if I'm lucky. Poop!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2009, 05:10 AM   #404  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmGee458View Post
Question of the day....

Since we moved into this house in 1992 and had so much more room, we go with a big live tree. I just love the smell of it!!
Live...we usually cut it down at the same tree farm my grandfather took us to as kids.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2009, 05:46 AM   #405  
Pearl-ExPert

Paula have a great birthday!

Does anyone know a Laurel stamper named Susan? If so let me know, I need to get her some info, she left a question on my blog that is super easy to answer.

Off to help DSD with her lights, hope you guys stay warm and have a great day!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2009, 05:54 AM   #406  
Stazon Splitcoast

Happy Birthday Paula. Please send me your info...I need to get you your prize from the last challenge.
Old 11-29-2009, 05:57 AM   #407  
Glitter Guru

Hello again...

Unfortunately I have been sick. That bad cold was a real kicker, but then after Thanksgiving dinner I got slammed with a 'tummy bug' and couldn't stray too far from the bathroom. Since Thursday afternoon I have managed to drink one can of Diet Coke, a few sips of water and I ate one piece of toast and a very small bowl of rice. Feeling much better, but still a bit week (maybe if I eat something...but the thought of eating does not settle well) I am sipping some tea as I sit here. I missed out on shopping Black Friday with the kids and spending time with them Thursday through yesterday when they all left. The kids had a very successful BF shopping trip and even bought my present to give DH!

I will try and catch up - you have been quite chatty these last few days...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2009, 06:07 AM   #408  
Glitter Guru

WooHoo Kathi! Enjoy your newest family member - he is a cutie! I am sure with all your love and attention, he will be happy and healthy in now time. Glad to hear that Dusty passed his vet visit with flying colors too! Enjoy!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathi127View Post
Tom Turkey is in the oven, I'll have to start getting the sweet potato casserole ready soon and peel all those potatoes for mashed potatoes! Everything else will be pretty easy. My son-in-law is bringing his homemade sweet potato pie, yummy!!!

Ok, I've got some good news to share! I wanted to wait until today to tell you because it is making our Thanksgiving extra special!

We have another Golden!!!! His name is Sammy (we named him), he was picked up as a stray and was at the PG Cty. Animal Shelter. I visited him last Friday and applied to adopt him and everything was finalized on Monday and he came home with us! He's very underweight, only weighs about 50 lbs., he should weigh around 65-70. He also has a severe ear infection in both ears which we are treating and another issue with his left ear with a lot of scar tissue due to untreated hematomas over the years. He will have to have surgery eventually. We think he is around 5-7 years old. He and Dusty have bonded already, they sleep next to each other and follow each other around. They both went to the vet yesterday to be checked out, Dusty passed with flying colors, he is doing very well and has gained weight! Sammy just needs some extra care for a while but he will be as good as new once he gains about 20 pounds and gets his ear issues cleared up. We feel so blessed to have these two precious dogs in our lives along with our little boys! Here's some pics of our sweet boy Sammy:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2009, 06:09 AM   #409  
Glitter Guru

Kimme, what an adorable message! Thanks for sharing Kerri with us!

Quote:

Originally Posted by MelenaPrincessView Post
Kerri has a Thanksgiving Evening Message for everyone

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2009, 06:11 AM   #410  
Glitter Guru

Great card Gloria!

QUOTE=Ougot2;15617172]Congratulations on the new puppy, Kathi. I know he will be loved and well cared for. Dinner was wonderful and I have to say the gluten free dressing was delicious. I really was surprised. Really, I was surprised. I wasn't expecting a whole lot from it.

Shoot. Kimmie, we could have gotten together and made some cards sense I was right down the street. I love it out there. My daughter and husband bought an old house and are fixing it up. That is right up their alley.

Guess I will post my buckle card if it isn't too early. If it is let me know and I will post it again closer to the time (I wonder when that was. Guess I will have to look back to see)[/QUOTE]
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2009, 06:13 AM   #411  
Glitter Guru

What fun, Rose!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rose0165View Post
Hi all, the gkids came over this morning and made some cards. Seemed to enjoy themselves. I got ingredients to make snowman soup and printed the poem but they didnt seem interested in them. Its so funny, Ryan's stuff is so different than the girls. He uses about 6 different stamps tomake one card, front and back. He doesnt like to color tho. Im glad he comes and he's happy. They didnt stay as long this year tho, places to go and people to see. Had a good time anyhow. Ryan took Toby outside and played kickball with him for a long time. Toby is on the couch asleep now.
Kathi - Toby had two terribly infected ears and horrible skin infections. He doesnt seem to have any problems now, an occasional ear infection but we catch it early. One of the ears they were afraid might have hearing damage but he seems ok. Hope the doggers got a nice tgiving dinner too.
I am combining my buckle card w/the one for my daughter's monthly card thing so mine
will be Christmas or Winter.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2009, 06:14 AM   #412  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Question of the day....

Artificial for us! We went with a 4ft. tree several years ago especially with the critters. I'm afraid if we had a live tree the cats would be climbing up inside it! As it is they still like to lay underneath it on the table that we put it on! And since I'm the one that has to put the lights on and absolutely hate it I made dh buy me a pre-lit one! So much less work and stress!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2009, 06:17 AM   #413  
Glitter Guru

Amanda, that sounds like a wonderful day!

Happy B'day, a bit belated to Nate!

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmandaWView Post
It was great! I orderd lots of stuff from OT and I did projects with the kids they made Turkey hats and a gift for their parent. They loved it and it warmed my heart even more. Keith Helped in the kitchen and then we all went to the donation room and matched wish lists to available items. We only stayed a few hours but it was the best thing we have ever done as a family. We plan on going back on/around Christmas and several times during the upcoming year.

We came home made some Thanksgiving dinner and had Nate's birthday. It was a full day but a great one! If anyone wants to give a few hours this upcoming holiday season let me know I'll point you in the right direction. You won't be sorry it's such fun.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2009, 06:19 AM   #414  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by jtaxView Post
Hello again...

Unfortunately I have been sick. That bad cold was a real kicker, but then after Thanksgiving dinner I got slammed with a 'tummy bug' and couldn't stray too far from the bathroom. Since Thursday afternoon I have managed to drink one can of Diet Coke, a few sips of water and I ate one piece of toast and a very small bowl of rice. Feeling much better, but still a bit week (maybe if I eat something...but the thought of eating does not settle well) I am sipping some tea as I sit here. I missed out on shopping Black Friday with the kids and spending time with them Thursday through yesterday when they all left. The kids had a very successful BF shopping trip and even bought my present to give DH!

Oh Jeaneen, I'm so sorry you've been sick and didn't get to enjoy Thanksgiving dinner or go shopping with the kids. I hope you feel better soon and maybe can enjoy some leftovers from Turkey Day!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2009, 06:19 AM   #415  
Glitter Guru

WOW - no wonder you wish you were going - what a beautiful place! Hope he has some time for a little fun amidst the work...

Quote:

Well, DS leaves tomorrow for Hawaii (for work!). Check out the place they'll be staying:
http://www.ihilani.com/ Now, I DEFINTELY wish I was going!!! And the temps will be in the mid 80s all week!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2009, 06:21 AM   #416  
Glitter Guru

Sounds like a lot of work, but the result will be well worth it I am sure!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rose0165View Post
Sounds like everyone had a great day. You guys are working too hard! Where do you get your energy????? Im waiting for the flooring guys to deliver their supplies and they will do my floors on Tues. So Im packing up the china cabinet and putting the boxes in the bathroom. Trouble w/a condo is there is no extra room to put the stuff. Have a good day everyone. Off to pack more glassware.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2009, 06:22 AM   #417  
Glitter Guru

WOW these dies are cool! Why did I look???

Quote:

Originally Posted by ms.rhettaView Post
Have you guys seen the new sizzix scoreboard xl dies? Oh my!

They have a blog hop going on, here is where I started:

http://karenburniston.typepad.com/i_...with-flap.html

Be sure to watch her videos, what she has done with the Christams tree 3D die is amazing!

DH gave me the "all clear" to go ahead and buy the rest of the XL dies I have been wanting, so I made my purchase last night. I am still looking for the scoreboards sizzix die box with flaps and handle and the box, triangle ones.

They even have a gable box! Sizzix.com is the best source for the ones coming out, I did a google search to find the best prices for my list!

Who else is turkey'd out? We decided to go out to Cactus Willies this afternoon, can't wait, I'm getting hungry.

Stamp Happy!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2009, 06:24 AM   #418  
Glitter Guru

Sounds like fun! At this point in time, I think I am able to come. What shall I bring?

Quote:

Originally Posted by tracyltrippView Post
Hey Ladies,

Thought I should plan a get together with the Holiday fast approaching. I was going to mail invites until I realized I don't have everyone's mailing addresses and thought posting it here will be the easiest way to reach everyone. So here is the info.

Holiday Tag Making Open House

When: Weds, December 9, 2009
Time: 4:30pm - 6:30pm
Where: My stamping pit!

For: So we can socialize and get our Christmas tags done.
RSVP: Let me know on the thread, pm or phone if you will be attending so I can have plenty of supplies ready for all to let with lots of tags.

Off to finish cleaning up the living room since DH and kids are putting up the tree tomorrow! Then I think I'll go make some cookies. Have a great day ladies.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2009, 06:28 AM   #419  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by CindyLView Post

Mom and I have been busy the past 2 days attempting to clean out my grandmom's house starting in the attic. 30+ bags of trash later and we've only made a tiny dent in the place. She never threw anything out - I guess since she lived during the depression period maybe?? So much stuff to go through. Today we are taking a break, heading to church, and then to the movies to see Blindside.

Loretta, I'm not sure about CW yet. I'll have to let ya know closer to the date.

Tracy, darn, I doubt I can make it to your tag making night. I won't get out of work until 4:00 or 4:30 and then the drive down there in rush hour might get me there by 6:00 if I'm lucky. Poop!

Cindy, I'm afraid we will be going through the same thing with my Mom, she keeps everything!!! I can't tell you how many margarine, cottage cheese, etc. food containers she must have crammed into her kitchen cabinets. She'll never use all of them! I can't imagine what's in her attic, I've never been up there since she doesn't live in the same house I grew up in. And yes, I do think it has a lot to do with growing up in the depression. She also stockpiles food in her spare room. The grandkids counted 17 boxes of cereal in there one day!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2009, 06:32 AM   #420  
Glitter Guru

Much to the disappointment of our kids, we bought an artificial one a few years ago. Our DD told *everyone* at school how her family ALWAYS has a real tree - never any fake ones at her house. She brought a few friends home with her just before Christmas just to prove it and to her dismay, she discovered we had 'gone to the bad side" and bought an artificial tree. But, at first she didn't even realize it, as I was burning a Chistmas Tree candle, so the room smelled of pine and we have so many ornaments, it was hard to tell at first. We even had an artificial wreath on the front door - she was totally devastated!

This weekend we found out that our oldest DD just bought an artifical tree. She, too, always thought a real one was the only way to go - even when they were living in Hawaii and very hard to find, not to mention super pricey!

Quote:

Question of the day....

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2009, 06:42 AM   #421  
Glitter Guru

Oh, Cindy, I do not envy you at all going through Grandmom's things! I know what my mom has accumulated and I have been a great learner and have followed in her footsteps (there, I admitted it!), hoarding and collecting (not just stamp stuff either!) But, yesterday we did put out several boxes and bags of stuff for AmVets to come and pick up. Now when I feel better, I will gather some more and get it out of here.

Quote:

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2009, 06:43 AM   #422  
Glitter Guru

What a great tradition!

Quote:

Live...we usually cut it down at the same tree farm my grandfather took us to as kids.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2009, 06:46 AM   #423  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Oh Jeaneen, I'm so sorry you've been sick and didn't get to enjoy Thanksgiving dinner or go shopping with the kids. I hope you feel better soon and maybe can enjoy some leftovers from Turkey Day!
Thanks Kathi! I am feeling better. I did enjoy Thanksgiving dinner, just not for long... I am not a fan of black Friday shopping, so the kids were semi-joking that I got sick so I could get out of it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2009, 06:47 AM   #424  
Glitter Guru

Paula, Happy Birthday! Hope you have a wonderful day! Enjoy!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2009, 08:28 AM   #425  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

I remember helping my MIL clean out her mother's house when she passed away...she had SO much stuff- bread bags, bread ties...I told my mom that I didn't want to have to go through that with her...but she still hordes...so I know it'll be that way with her, too.

The Blindside is on the top of my gotta-see list. I've heard it's great! Enjoy!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2009, 08:30 AM   #426  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Hello again...

Oh, Jeaneen, I'm sorry you were sick over the holiday! Take care and try to eat so you can get your strength back!

I never go out on Black Friday. Too many crazies out there for me!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2009, 08:33 AM   #427  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Artificial for us! We went with a 4ft. tree several years ago especially with the critters. I'm afraid if we had a live tree the cats would be climbing up inside it! As it is they still like to lay underneath it on the table that we put it on! And since I'm the one that has to put the lights on and absolutely hate it I made dh buy me a pre-lit one! So much less work and stress!
The first year that Brian and Sara were married- Reagan climbed the tree all the way to the top (AND knocked it down!). They then tied the tree to the wall. Both kitties loved to sleep under the tree...

Since they've divorced, Brian doesn't even put up a tree since he's not home that much...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2009, 08:35 AM   #428  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

WOW - no wonder you wish you were going - what a beautiful place! Hope he has some time for a little fun amidst the work...
Oh, they'll have plenty of time for fun in the sun! The training that they're doing only lasts about 2-3 hours a day...then they're done till the next day!
They were planning on going skydiving while in Hawaii, but unfortunately they won't have time for that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2009, 09:18 AM   #429  
Gallery Gazer

Does anyone know when we are to upload our buckle cards? Just posted mine on my blog but will load here when it's time.

Paula HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Mary's question of the day: I have 5 soon to be 6 artificial trees up! Having trouble finding my little stamp room tree. Crazy yes I know but we have fun with Christmas. I'll post some pics on my blog as soon as it's all done. Hubbs in on the roof now getting the outdoor lights up.

Jeaneen hope your feeling better.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2009, 10:49 AM   #430  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Does anyone know when we are to upload our buckle cards? Just posted mine on my blog but will load here when it's time.

Paula HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Mary's question of the day: I have 5 soon to be 6 artificial trees up! Having trouble finding my little stamp room tree. Crazy yes I know but we have fun with Christmas. I'll post some pics on my blog as soon as it's all done. Hubbs in on the roof now getting the outdoor lights up.

I THINK it's upload on Wednesday and vote on Thursday, but I might be wrong. I still need to make my buckle card!! After seeing Amanda's, though, I don't know why I'm going to bother! WOW!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2009, 10:50 AM   #431  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Paula HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

@@! I have trouble getting ONE tree up and decorated!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2009, 11:48 AM   #432  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

WOW these dies are cool! Why did I look???
OOPS! LoL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2009, 11:52 AM   #433  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Paula HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Good question about the buckle card. I need to re-upload for voting. I'll check out your blog in a bit. Now I have the "NEED" for a tree in my stamp area, I just have no idea where I'll put it!

Tracy, I can bring my 6 ft folding table and four chairs on make our tags night if needed. Just let me know, I'm looking forward to some stamping time!

I also updated my blog yesterday, I'm working on my own version of a Christmas planner for 2009, so far its adorable!

Stamp Happy!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2009, 11:59 AM   #434  
Pearl-ExPert

Tracy add to the list two maybe's
Amanda Rodger, April, Cindy L.

Last edited by ms.rhetta; 11-29-2009 at 12:04 PM.. Reason: addition
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2009, 12:45 PM   #435  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

I THINK it's upload on Wednesday and vote on Thursday, but I might be wrong. I still need to make my buckle card!! After seeing Amanda's, though, I don't know why I'm going to bother! WOW!

Ahhhh Thank you! I like the way it came out.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2009, 12:46 PM   #436  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by ms.rhettaView Post
Tracy add to the list two maybe's
Amanda Rodger, April, Cindy L.
Oh yeah I hope we finally get to meet April! It's always so nice to put a face to the name.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2009, 02:09 PM   #437  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Oh yeah I hope we finally get to meet April! It's always so nice to put a face to the name.
She is a really sweet girl! I had a blast stamping and having lunch with her! Can't wait for you guys to meet her as well!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2009, 02:24 PM   #438  
Pearl-ExPert

OK, I'm going to describe a dessert (not necessarily for the holidays) that I would love a recipe for;

It is kinda a bar thing, with chocolate, chocolate chips, caramel and coconut on the top. Its too sinful to be even partially redeming, but I want it... and I want it bad!

Hopefully my poor instructions will help you guys out, but hopefully some one will know what it is. I know it has condenced milk as one of the ingridents.

Speaking of which what type of treats/deserts do you guys enjoy making for the holidays?

Hugs,
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2009, 02:31 PM   #439  
Pearl-ExPert

Amanda - you are my new Christmas idol! I used to really do up my house for Christmas. I love it. I have 2 trees in my condo, or did until last year. Now Im down to one. Depends how I feel. I have a red/green/white one with lots of santas, snowmen, etc and a victorian one, pink, purple, white, blue.
Jeaneen - sorry you were so sick. Glad you are on the road to recovery. Don't push it. Sounds like it hit you hard.
Paula - Hope you had a wonderful birthday and a wonderful year ahead.
Have a good evening everyone! Back to work tomorrow. But not for long!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2009, 03:10 PM   #440  
Stazon Splitcoast

No tag making for me

Loretta~ Those are Seven Layer Magic Bars or my family called them Dolly Bars. You can sometimes find a kit for them in the grocery store now. They do seem to be a Christmas thing around here, but we grew up with them in the summer.