Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-15-2009, 09:25 AM   #3041  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kathi;

Thank you so much for thinking of me and sending the beautiful card. The color combo is just beautiful. I'm so glad you enjoyed your challenge win goodies!

Hugs to you my friend!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2009, 09:53 AM   #3042  
Stazon Splitcoast

Good afternoon girls! I so wanna move my desk outside this afternoon - it's so pretty out there.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2009, 10:05 AM   #3043  
Forum Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ladies, I hate to be bearing bad news again but things are not looking very good with Rusty. His lab tests came back showing signs of internal bleeding and we have been back at the vet yesterday for more tests and xrays and today for an ultrasound. The ultrasound showed a completely diseased spleen and also a spot on his liver. They are 98% certain it is cancer, they've seen too many of these, especially in Goldens. We could do surgery to remove the spleen and nodule on the liver but that has its own complications which could result in him not coming out of the surgery. And even if he survived the surgery they still can't guarantee me that he would live more than a few months. He's not in pain and is doing fine right now, he will just get weaker as time goes on. The vet said he has probably a month but I'm determined to prove her wrong. If he makes it through Christmas it will be the best present I'll ever have. We're just gonna love and spoil him as much as humanly possible until he lets us know it is time to go.

Stampin' Up! Demonstrator

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2009, 10:30 AM   #3044  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathi127View Post
Ladies, I hate to be bearing bad news again but things are not looking very good with Rusty. His lab tests came back showing signs of internal bleeding and we have been back at the vet yesterday for more tests and xrays and today for an ultrasound. The ultrasound showed a completely diseased spleen and also a spot on his liver. They are 98% certain it is cancer, they've seen too many of these, especially in Goldens. We could do surgery to remove the spleen and nodule on the liver but that has its own complications which could result in him not coming out of the surgery. And even if he survived the surgery they still can't guarantee me that he would live more than a few months. He's not in pain and is doing fine right now, he will just get weaker as time goes on. The vet said he has probably a month but I'm determined to prove her wrong. If he makes it through Christmas it will be the best present I'll ever have. We're just gonna love and spoil him as much as humanly possible until he lets us know it is time to go.
Oh, Kathi, I'm SO sorry!! Enjoy the time you have with Rusty...and prove that vet wrong!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2009, 10:31 AM   #3045  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmandaWView Post
Uploaded my pink ribbon card to my blog but will upload it here on Friday.

Hope everyone has time to stamp today. It was much needed for me!
Very pretty card! Sorry to hear about your teacher.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2009, 10:33 AM   #3046  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I'm so sorry Kathi. Give him an extra treat and belly rub from me. Hugs!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2009, 10:34 AM   #3047  
Pearl-ExPert

Oh Kathi - I am sooooo sorry about Rusty. I didnt even get to meet sweet Rusty! I didnt know he was sick. That is what got my first golden too. Prove them wrong! Go Rusty go! Geesh! Im tearing up over a dog I never met but I know he is wonderful cause he's "golden". Rose
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2009, 10:40 AM   #3048  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Kathi I am so very sorry to hear this sad news. Yup, give him lots of love (and he in return will give you his love as well!) and prove the vet wrong. Hugs for all of you - enjoy each other as long as you can!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2009, 10:44 AM   #3049  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Kathi, I am so sorry to hear about poor Rusty! Just love him and spoil him and I bet you will make it thru christmas.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2009, 11:03 AM   #3050  
Gallery Gazer

Kathi I'm so sorry. Enjoy him for as long as you can. Give him extra treats and let him know just how special he is.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2009, 11:04 AM   #3051  
Hardware Hotshot

Oh Kathi, sorry to hear about Rusty.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2009, 11:31 AM   #3052  
Stazon Splitcoast

Kathi~That is EXACTLY what happened to Maggie this summer. Did they tell you to put him on a Chicken and Rice diet? It seemed to really perk her up and at least she was able to eat and mostly keep that down. {{{{HUGS}}}}
Old 09-15-2009, 12:41 PM   #3053  
Insane Embellisher

Oooh, Kathi, I am soooo very sorry. I am sitting here bawling over the news. And, like many of us, I have never met him, either. My heart breaks for you. That is always the horrible down-side of owning a special furry one. Love him, even more, now. And, when the time is right, you will give him the greatest gift of all...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2009, 12:42 PM   #3054  
Insane Embellisher

Very nice card, Amanda, indeed...I sense a redo in my future...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2009, 12:48 PM   #3055  
Pearl-ExPert

for all you High Hopes lovers: 7Kidscollegefund is now going to be selling them.

Looks like today is the last day to special order exactly what you want. Info on her blog.

Kathi: I don't know what to say... I had to put my Chopper down when he was nine and it broke my heart.... didn't go to work for three days.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2009, 01:58 PM   #3056  
Pearl-ExPert

((((Kathi))))) So sorry to hear about Rusty. I hope what ever time he is given is happy, pain free and joyous for all of you.

Hell's Kitchen tonight!

Buttercup is back from the groomers, and as predited pracing around. She looks so pretty and smells so nice!

All three dogs are driving me nuts, they must have four balls and other toys strown around my craft desk and behind DH. Theyy are loud and playful for sure!

Hugs to all
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2009, 02:06 PM   #3057  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrsjvbView Post
for all you High Hopes lovers: 7Kidscollegefund is now going to be selling them.

Looks like today is the last day to special order exactly what you want. Info on her blog.

Kathi: I don't know what to say... I had to put my Chopper down when he was nine and it broke my heart.... didn't go to work for three days.
Thanks for the heads up, DM!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2009, 02:38 PM   #3058  
Crimping Master

why would they do this when I have no $$ LOL....do you think they will run this again after xmas when i dont have so many bdays!!! I am sooo tempted though I love the high hopes!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2009, 04:29 PM   #3059  
Forum Fanatic

Thanks again everyone for all your kind words of support, it seems that's all I've done here lately is share bad news with you. I appreciate all of you being there for me. Now that I am over the shock of hearing the news I am focusing on the fact that God has allowed us to have this beautiful boy in our lives for almost 11 years. Any extra time we are given will be a bonus. I talked to my friend in OR today who has lost 3 Goldens to cancer over the last 11 years and she gave me a lot of positive things to think about so I feel better after talking to her.

Guess who's going to work with Mommy the next 3 days????

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2009, 04:38 PM   #3060  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rose0165View Post
Oh Kathi - I am sooooo sorry about Rusty. I didnt even get to meet sweet Rusty! I didnt know he was sick. That is what got my first golden too. Prove them wrong! Go Rusty go! Geesh! Im tearing up over a dog I never met but I know he is wonderful cause he's "golden". Rose
Rose, we didn't know he was sick either until the bloodwork came back showing the low blood count and platelets. The only thing I've been noticing lately is that he was breathing heavier and seemed to be laying around a little more. If the seizures hadn't started back up I guess we wouldn't have known until he was really sick. The vet thinks the seizures were caused by the bleeding depriving his brain of oxygen. I'm sorry to hear you had to experience the same thing with your Golden too. Apparently it's very prevalent in this breed.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2009, 04:47 PM   #3061  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by MelenaPrincessView Post
Kathi~That is EXACTLY what happened to Maggie this summer. Did they tell you to put him on a Chicken and Rice diet? It seemed to really perk her up and at least she was able to eat and mostly keep that down. {{{{HUGS}}}}
Kimme, when I was researching this online I saw where German Shepherds were also very prone to this as well. I didn't realize that's what happened to Maggie too, I'm so sorry. They didn't say anything about the Chicken and Rice but I will definitely give that to him if it will help keep him stronger. Right now he is eating good, he scarfed down two bowls of food tonight when he came home from the vet. He wasn't allowed to have anything to eat this morning because he had to have a little sedation in order for them to do the ultrasound.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2009, 04:51 PM   #3062  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrsjvbView Post

Thanks for the news about High Hopes!

I'm sure when the time comes I won't be able to go to work for a few days and neither will dh.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2009, 04:54 PM   #3063  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Thanks again everyone for all your kind words of support, it seems that's all I've done here lately is share bad news with you. I appreciate all of you being there for me. Now that I am over the shock of hearing the news I am focusing on the fact that God has allowed us to have this beautiful boy in our lives for almost 11 years. Any extra time we are given will be a bonus. I talked to my friend in OR today who has lost 3 Goldens to cancer over the last 11 years and she gave me a lot of positive things to think about so I feel better after talking to her.

Guess who's going to work with Mommy the next 3 days????

FIELD TRIP for Rusty!!!! wahoo!!!!he is soooo gonna get spoiled rotten....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2009, 05:06 PM   #3064  
Stazon Splitcoast

Kathi we were told 3 parts rice to one part chicken. I cooked a bunch of chicken for her and some rice and broke it up into the proper portions in small freezer bags. Since we were feeding her twice a day I kept 6 bags in the fridge and the rest in the freezer and as I used one in the fridge I pulled one out of the freezer to replenish it. My cousin has raised herding dogs and this is the method she uses. She actually makes up a months worth of food at a time, I did about 4 days worth.
Old 09-15-2009, 05:19 PM   #3065  
Hardware Hotshot

GOOD NEW to share!

Amanda lost 2 lbs this week and chucky me lost 4.6 lbs...yay, oh wait NO!...my points drop. I think I might cry.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2009, 05:40 PM   #3066  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by tracyltrippView Post
GOOD NEW to share!

Amanda lost 2 lbs this week and chucky me lost 4.6 lbs...yay, oh wait NO!...my points drop. I think I might cry.
WooHoo! Great Job!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2009, 05:44 PM   #3067  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

GOOD NEW to share!

LOL!! Now, ain't THAT a you-know-what!!!! LOL!! Congrats to both!! I guess WW is a good enough reason to miss back to school night....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2009, 06:06 PM   #3068  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

GOOD NEW to share!

Woo Hoo!!!! Great news, girls!!!

Anyone watch Biggest Loser? I think I cried through most of it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2009, 06:31 PM   #3069  
Insane Embellisher

Naw, was stuck at back to school night, 6:30-9:15. Missed Big Brother, too. Will watch it On Demand, though. My ears are plugged - don't tell me who won!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2009, 06:39 PM   #3070  
Crimping Master

i am watching it now -- had it tivo'd..went for a jog with hubby so watching other people sweat is nice LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2009, 07:35 PM   #3071  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by MelenaPrincessView Post
Kathi we were told 3 parts rice to one part chicken. I cooked a bunch of chicken for her and some rice and broke it up into the proper portions in small freezer bags. Since we were feeding her twice a day I kept 6 bags in the fridge and the rest in the freezer and as I used one in the fridge I pulled one out of the freezer to replenish it. My cousin has raised herding dogs and this is the method she uses. She actually makes up a months worth of food at a time, I did about 4 days worth.
Thanks so much Kimme! I will definitely fix some for him! I know he will love it much more than dry old dog food!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2009, 07:36 PM   #3072  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

GOOD NEW to share!

Way to go ladies!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2009, 03:08 AM   #3073  
Gallery Gazer

Congrats to Tracy she kicked my fat A** this week! Way to go! I was just hoping for not gaining this week.....we had one of those weeks we ate out 3 times. I was just happy to not gain anything.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2009, 03:09 AM   #3074  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by devonsmom98View Post
LOL!! Now, ain't THAT a you-know-what!!!! LOL!! Congrats to both!! I guess WW is a good enough reason to miss back to school night....
LOL! I told Brant I would just weigh in and come home to take him and he told me he really didn't feel up to going. That kid is so mine.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2009, 03:10 AM   #3075  
Gallery Gazer

Very sad news around here......

My sizzix broke.....I almost cried. Guess I need to go find a new baby I do have a 50% off coupon guess that makes it somewhat better. I'll let you all know when the funeral will be.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2009, 03:12 AM   #3076  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Congrats to Tracy she kicked my fat A** this week! Way to go! I was just hoping for not gaining this week.....we had one of those weeks we ate out 3 times. I was just happy to not gain anything.
I fixed cabbage soup in the crock pot last night before going to bed to make up for the ribs I ate.lol You are welcome to come over for low point soup today.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2009, 03:14 AM   #3077  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

My sizzix broke.....I almost cried. Guess I need to go find a new baby I do have a 50% off coupon guess that makes it somewhat better. I'll let you all know when the funeral will be.
So sorry to hear about your loss...you are welcome to borrow one of mine if you want to save money and wait until after all the holidays/birthdays.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2009, 03:16 AM   #3078  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

LOL! It's all that exercise, building muscle. My starving body is just eating it self!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2009, 05:15 AM   #3079  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I fixed cabbage soup in the crock pot last night before going to bed to make up for the ribs I ate.lol You are welcome to come over for low point soup today.
Can I come? That is one of my favorites. Of course, if I am just making it for the heck of it I will add orzo pasta to it I usually make it to jump start losing a few pounds.
Old 09-16-2009, 05:18 AM   #3080  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Sorry to hear that Amanda! I have an extra sizzix big shot if you'd like to borrow it for now.

(yes extra, I saved up and bought myself the express electric one)
Reply With Quote Likes