Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-13-2009, 06:38 AM   #2961  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can someone help me explain how the DVR works to a 3 yo? I had rewound the tv earlier so they could watch one of their shows that we record from the beginning. Since the show was still recording when we started we were able to watch the rest of the shows too and just FF through the commercials. We were within 3 minutes of being current while watching a new episode of Imagination Movers. We were right at the end when Reganne climbed onto the chair and sat on the remote changing the channel. Since we were not watching a recording, but just a rewinding it was canceled when the channels changed and we weren't able to watch the end of the show. This has caused a total melt down by the child who changed the channel in the first place. Life was so much easier when we didn't have a choice, you watched what was on and you liked it.
Old 09-13-2009, 06:39 AM   #2962  
Gallery Gazer

Morning ladies! Not much going on here. I'm off to clean the house and get ready for the week.

Tracy I'm going to bring some cash by for my SU order. Are you going to be home today?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2009, 06:40 AM   #2963  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by MelenaPrincessView Post
Can someone help me explain how the DVR works to a 3 yo? I had rewound the tv earlier so they could watch one of their shows that we record from the beginning. Since the show was still recording when we started we were able to watch the rest of the shows too and just FF through the commercials. We were within 3 minutes of being current while watching a new episode of Imagination Movers. We were right at the end when Reganne climbed onto the chair and sat on the remote changing the channel. Since we were not watching a recording, but just a rewinding it was canceled when the channels changed and we weren't able to watch the end of the show. This has caused a total melt down by the child who changed the channel in the first place. Life was so much easier when we didn't have a choice, you watched what was on and you liked it.
I tell the boys the truth......I have no idea go ask your Daddy.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2009, 06:53 AM   #2964  
Pearl-ExPert

I much prefer collegiate football over the Pro stuff. I only go out of my way to watch one game though....it's played in December....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2009, 08:08 AM   #2965  
Pearl-ExPert

Oh boy, I'm the odd person out again. I loath football. Think it is stupid boring and pointless.

Finally cleaned out my email inbox and re-created folders. Now to do my challenge card!

Hugs!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2009, 08:14 AM   #2966  
Gallery Gazer

Nope I really don't like to watch football on TV. I love going to games just don't like to watch it on tv.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2009, 08:31 AM   #2967  
Hardware Hotshot

Hope everyone is enjoying their football day...DH is gone so I'll be watching Lifetime.lol

GO CHEIFS!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2009, 08:47 AM   #2968  
Forum Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not a huge football fan but I do support the Ravens. Since dh is at the track testing his rebuilt Camaro today I probably will put the game on but do something else at the same time, like stamp! I used to be a huge Oriole fan but can't get as interested in them as when I was younger, it just seems all big business anymore. I love the Blast and really enjoy going to their games but dh isn't into sports much so I don't get as involved in any of the teams like I used to. Now I'd love to go to a Nascar race rather than going to the drag track! It's boring to watch someone do the 1/4 mile over and over!

Stampin' Up! Demonstrator

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2009, 08:50 AM   #2969  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Oh poor Reganne! I would be very unhappy too if I didn't get to watch the end of my show!!!! Yes, life was much easier when we only had a few channels!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2009, 08:55 AM   #2970  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by CindyLView Post
Good morning chickies! She had me up three times, so I'm exhausted. Have to get her up in a few minutes for the day too. I don't know how Mom can do this day after day. My butt is dragging.

On a happier note, DH called from his hiking adventure and found a shelter along the Appalachain Trail last night to stay in instead of putting up his tent. If you ever saw The Blair Witch movie, he stayed in Burkittsville last night. Too creepy for me. He said all the noises in the woods drove him crazy. He's ready to eat his powdered breakfast and head north this morning. I'm glad the sun is shining for him.
So sorry Cindy! It really is like having an infant to take care of but at least they start sleeping through the night eventually. I would be dragging too if I had to do it everyday like your Mom. It's bad enough when the little dogs get me up in the middle of the night to go potty, at least that's only once in a while not every single night.

Glad hubby was able to find shelter and is having a good time hiking!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2009, 08:58 AM   #2971  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

It does suck. She worked for the state for 30 years as an accountant, and now can't add two numbers together. So sad to watch her go down hill so rapidly. I get tickled pink when she says my name, because some days, she doesn't know who I am. Mom and Dad are enjoying their weekend away - she called last night and said they might not return. LOL
Awww, that's so sad and I'm sure feels so unfair for all of you. Glad your parents are enjoying their time away! I hope for your sake they do come back! LOL

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2009, 09:55 AM   #2972  
Pearl-ExPert

Whew! I think I finally came up w/a design for the SBS Laurel card. Not thrilled but it is what it is at this point. I had a cute design then I thought it had too many punches involved and was a little more complicated. Figure it has to be somewhat clean and simple w/30 cards to do. Hope everyone is having a good day.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2009, 11:16 AM   #2973  
Pearl-ExPert

Default Sparkle N sprinkle

Quote:

Originally Posted by tracyltrippView Post
Hope everyone is enjoying their football day...DH is gone so I'll be watching Lifetime.lol

GO CHEIFS!!!!!!
I hear you Tracy! I love watching life time. I have a question for you. On average from the time you place an SU order until the time you receive it, how long does it take?

I am selling off my sparkle and sprinkle stamps. Since I no longer do design stuff for them, I really need to de-clutter and pair down the things I am no longer using. Most sets that cost $15.00 on line I'm selling for $7.00. Many things to choose from. Local girls get first choice. Just PM me so we can set up a time to get together.

I hope every one is having a good day. Mine is (so far) productive. I organized my studio G holiday stamps, and some new Recollections stamps I purchased now they are neatly put away. Now to work on my swap. I'm still clueless! Oh my, I'm in big trouble here.

DH has an appointment at the VA on Friday. I'll tag along and we'll go see Poe's grave sight again and eat at the local market. Last year was a nice time. It will start getting cooler and the fall weather is so nice for an afternoon out.

Hope you are all doing well.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2009, 01:25 PM   #2974  
Rubber Obsessor

Default Stuff

Mary, like your new avatar. Do not worry about the stamp set, I'm not in a hurry. I'm leaving for Lost wages in the morning, so I won't be around this week anyway. Hope I can bring home enough money for my Christmas SU order.

Ravens game not real satisfying, but a win just the same, you may have heard me screaming at the TV since we are both in the Dena. They better play with less mistakes next week in San Diego

Anyway, have a great week. I am going to try to get to Viva Las Vegas stamps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2009, 01:42 PM   #2975  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by craigsgirlView Post
Mary, like your new avatar. Do not worry about the stamp set, I'm not in a hurry. I'm leaving for Lost wages in the morning, so I won't be around this week anyway. Hope I can bring home enough money for my Christmas SU order.

Ravens game not real satisfying, but a win just the same, you may have heard me screaming at the TV since we are both in the Dena. They better play with less mistakes next week in San Diego

Anyway, have a great week. I am going to try to get to Viva Las Vegas stamps.
Yes, not quite the game I was expecting!

Have a great time in Vegas!!! We'll get together after you're back!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2009, 01:44 PM   #2976  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathi127View Post
I'm not a huge football fan but I do support the Ravens. Since dh is at the track testing his rebuilt Camaro today I probably will put the game on but do something else at the same time, like stamp! I used to be a huge Oriole fan but can't get as interested in them as when I was younger, it just seems all big business anymore. I love the Blast and really enjoy going to their games but dh isn't into sports much so I don't get as involved in any of the teams like I used to. Now I'd love to go to a Nascar race rather than going to the drag track! It's boring to watch someone do the 1/4 mile over and over!
I'd rather watch drag racing than NASCAR. At least with drag racing there is an end and a winner after each 1/4 mile...NASCAR goes on forever...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2009, 02:12 PM   #2977  
Stazon Splitcoast

Here's the deal with NASCAR. It's not even about watching the race, if you just watch the cars as a group going around, then yes it is boring. You need to watch it and get to know the personalities involved and then you realize it's a redneck soap opera It's less about the who wins the race and more about who beats who. Your driver can finish in 10th and you are still excited because his arch nemesis blew an engine on the first lap. That's where it gets exciting. Now if the driver you root for wins and does well often, then it is more fun.
Old 09-13-2009, 02:35 PM   #2978  
Pearl-ExPert

Kimme: you have just described the ENTIRE mentality of one branch of cousins. It's sad, really.. but my Aunt went to high school with Jack Roush so it's all about him and any teeny tiny link to him she can glom on to.

two had escaped Redneck-dom, but alas, both are slipping back..one is out of money for college and can't get a co signer( don't get me started on her mother's choices over the last 20 years, she may be my oldest cousin but she ain't the smartest) and the other lost his job for just that much too long and has lost his home.

Of course, this is coming from a person who can declare with utmost conviction that a 1-10 season is a winning season.. so long as the win ..is against Army....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2009, 02:55 PM   #2979  
Pearl-ExPert

Default Challenge card

Like the avatar Mary! I'll route for them, just not a fan of football.

I sent in a different direction than I first thought I would but here are a few pics of my challenge card with pink ribbon. I can share ribbon if needed. Goodness knows I have plenty!

more pics on my blog!
Attached Thumbnails
Maryland Anyone...........? II-zoo1.jpg   Maryland Anyone...........? II-zoo2.jpg   Maryland Anyone...........? II-zoo3.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2009, 02:57 PM   #2980  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Here's the deal with NASCAR. It's not even about watching the race, if you just watch the cars as a group going around, then yes it is boring. You need to watch it and get to know the personalities involved and then you realize it's a redneck soap opera It's less about the who wins the race and more about who beats who. Your driver can finish in 10th and you are still excited because his arch nemesis blew an engine on the first lap. That's where it gets exciting. Now if the driver you root for wins and does well often, then it is more fun.
The thing that bugs me most abous NASCAR is that they change the rules in the middle of the game! If the driver that they want isn't winning, they'll change the rules right then and there instead of waiting till the next season. I guess it's a good thing we all don't like the same things- that would make for a very boring world!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2009, 03:07 PM   #2981  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by ms.rhettaView Post
Like the avatar Mary! I'll route for them, just not a fan of football.

I sent in a different direction than I first thought I would but here are a few pics of my challenge card with pink ribbon. I can share ribbon if needed. Goodness knows I have plenty!

more pics on my blog!
Cute card! I have an idea for my card, just haven't made it, yet...my stamping calendar is getting full- Wednesday is the Bombshell Hump Day Hop, the 17th through 19th I have sneak peeks for Sherrod Studio, I need to make my challenge card for here plus come up with a card for the Maryland City SBS. Guess I really should get busy!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2009, 04:00 PM   #2982  
Forum Fanatic

Ladies, Cathleen7 has posted her shoebox swap that is being held on Saturday, Oct. 31st in Reisterstown if anyone is interested. Tracy, Jane, Sara and I went last year and came back with great cards! Here's the link:

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...d.php?t=458618

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2009, 05:15 PM   #2983  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by tracyltrippView Post

GO CHEIFS!!!!!!
Tracy, this channel is what I mostly watched all weekend with my grandmom except last night when I watched several episodes of True Blood on HBO. She eithers like the Lifetime channel or Animal Planet or anything playing Bonanza.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2009, 05:17 PM   #2984  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Awww, that's so sad and I'm sure feels so unfair for all of you. Glad your parents are enjoying their time away! I hope for your sake they do come back! LOL
They did come home. LOL Got back around 4:30. Enjoyed their couple days away and the wildlife park they went to today.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2009, 05:24 PM   #2985  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Ladies, Cathleen7 has posted her shoebox swap that is being held on Saturday, Oct. 31st in Reisterstown if anyone is interested. Tracy, Jane, Sara and I went last year and came back with great cards! Here's the link:

I just signed up!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2009, 05:26 PM   #2986  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Gonna have to miss this one. I'm helping at White Oak Campground that weekend with their Halloween activities. I love Halloween and figured what better way to celebrate it than to be surrounded my kids having fun. Just hope it's not a really cold weekend, since we'll be in the tent.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2009, 06:42 PM   #2987  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmGee458View Post
I just signed up!
Oh goodie, I'm glad you're going!!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2009, 07:17 PM   #2988  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmGee458View Post
I just signed up!
me too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2009, 07:36 PM   #2989  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by jtaxView Post
me too!
Yippee!!! More Meade Girls!!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2009, 07:37 PM   #2990  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Gonna have to miss this one. I'm helping at White Oak Campground that weekend with their Halloween activities. I love Halloween and figured what better way to celebrate it than to be surrounded my kids having fun. Just hope it's not a really cold weekend, since we'll be in the tent.
Awww.... sorry you won't be there, we will miss you!!! I hope it's a nice weekend for you too!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2009, 07:41 PM   #2991  
Forum Fanatic

I worked on my Pink Ribbon Challenge card today, I wanted to get it out of the way so I can start on my SBS card for the 26th. Here's my card:
Attached Thumbnails
Maryland Anyone...........? II-000_0549.jpg  

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-14-2009, 01:45 AM   #2992  
Insane Embellisher

Cute challenge cards!!...I seriously think Mondays should be outlawed...I hope everyone has a good day.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-14-2009, 02:49 AM   #2993  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

I worked on my Pink Ribbon Challenge card today, I wanted to get it out of the way so I can start on my SBS card for the 26th. Here's my card:
Great card, Kathi! I really need to get busy on mine!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-14-2009, 03:33 AM   #2994  
Pearl-ExPert

Default Glad and sad

Cindy, I am so sad you won't be coming....but I understand. I will truly miss you and mom. Mary, Kathi, Jeaneen, whew, glad you all signed up. Hope we get some more Meade ladies. Nice swap cards ladies. Mine will be posted later today I hope. Have a wonderful (ugghh) Monday.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-14-2009, 03:56 AM   #2995  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by devonsmom98View Post
Cute challenge cards!!...I seriously think Mondays should be outlawed...I hope everyone has a good day.
I'm with you!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-14-2009, 04:51 AM   #2996  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by devonsmom98View Post
Not me, It's pre-school day. Wahoo Monday, Wednesday and Fridays!!!
Old 09-14-2009, 05:34 AM   #2997  
Crimping Master

Morning All!!! LOL Kimme Love your explanation on Nascar...it now makes sense...also I have had that same dillemma with DVR; I nearly was the one in tears once when I accidentally hit channel instead of volume LOL

Well we have all been sick!! Amanda got it passed it to me, I passed to Dan, someone passed it to Ashley...so needless to say it is working thru the house!!! We are all doing better though except for poor ashley and i am loving that i can take medicine this time woohoooo for not being preggo!!!

I wish I could make the swap but I will be in a frenzy with costumes that day!! Autumn is a goth vampire (dont ask) this year so I have to work on her makeup...wait til you see lil ashleys costume!!!

Regarding football GO BUCS!!!! hmmm looks like I need to change my avatar LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-14-2009, 05:44 AM   #2998  
Stazon Splitcoast

Is that Go Bucs! (Buccaneers) or GO BUCKS!! (The Ohio State Buckeyes)? If it's the later than I wholeheartedly agree, although the lass this weekend was a bit disheartening.
Old 09-14-2009, 06:03 AM   #2999  
Crimping Master

buccaneers - sorry we are from florida LOL...actually you might be interested in some of scentsy's new stuff...I will go have to check it out but they are doing warmers in college football themes...they only have a couple out right now but I think it is mainly out west like ohio, etc.

changed my avatar to eliminate confusion til i find a better pic to put up LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-14-2009, 06:28 AM   #3000  
Pearl-ExPert

Stacy; Sorry to hear you guys aren't well. Unfortunately, you kow how you feel right before you get really/really sick? My throat is scratchy and its hard to swallow. My head hurts. This isn't good. Don't colds know you have better things to do?

Kathi; Love your ribbon challenge card! Very pretty. Your color combo and layout are perfect for the pink ribbon.

Kimmee; The discription of Nascar is dead on. They do change the rules to have their favorites win. I grew up in the deep south where they live, breath and die for Nascar.

Have a good morning. Need to scoot off and help Mike out the door. No worries, he is just going to his office in Virginia for a few hours.
Reply With Quote Likes