Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-12-2009, 04:48 AM   #2921  
Forum Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good Morning! I haven't even started thinking about my swap card! I guess I'd better get busy on that soon!

Stampin' Up! Demonstrator

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2009, 04:59 AM   #2922  
Forum Fanatic

I got some good news last night from my dd, Alan is happy with being back in his old school and was able to get back into JROTC which he loved. That definitely makes me feel better as he needs the structure and discipline. And he was able to get some other classes that he was taking at North County as well. So grandmom is feeling more relieved but I still miss the brat!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2009, 05:01 AM   #2923  
Insane Embellisher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmGee458View Post
Good moring! I have my SBS card planned but now I just need to find the stamp set in the mess of my stamp room!
Ew. Don't even mention that!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2009, 05:04 AM   #2924  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathi127View Post
I got some good news last night from my dd, Alan is happy with being back in his old school and was able to get back into JROTC which he loved. That definitely makes me feel better as he needs the structure and discipline. And he was able to get some other classes that he was taking at North County as well. So grandmom is feeling more relieved but I still miss the brat!
I am glad to hear things are turning for the better. He is lucky to have someone who cares about him, unconditionally.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2009, 05:46 AM   #2925  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Oh, Kathi, I'm so glad to hear that he's happy! I know you will miss his terribly but at least you have the peace of mind to know that he's doing well and doing the things he loves.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2009, 06:11 AM   #2926  
Pearl-ExPert

Good morning! Off to clean up and stamp. When will it clear up for a day or so?!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2009, 06:12 AM   #2927  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Good news indeed! Thanks for sharing! Glad you are feeling better too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2009, 07:47 AM   #2928  
Pearl-ExPert

Kathi; So glad to hear your grand kid is doing well. I'm also glad that fur baby Rusty is still seizure free!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2009, 08:40 AM   #2929  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Glad to hear that. It will sure make your heart ache less.
Old 09-12-2009, 08:53 AM   #2930  
Stazon Splitcoast

I just got back from the StampScrapArtTour and still have mixed feelings about it. I spent some $$$ there mostly at Inky Antics and Rubber Cottage. There are a lot of stamps there, I just don't think that most are my style which is why I get so disappointed. A lot of vintage and artsy and some country stuff which I have enough of There wasn't anything cutting edge there, kwim? If you want to save on shipping at Inky Antics, Our Daily Bread, Purple Daisy etc, then it is worth it.
Old 09-12-2009, 09:18 AM   #2931  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by MelenaPrincessView Post
I just got back from the StampScrapArtTour and still have mixed feelings about it. I spent some $$$ there mostly at Inky Antics and Rubber Cottage. There are a lot of stamps there, I just don't think that most are my style which is why I get so disappointed. A lot of vintage and artsy and some country stuff which I have enough of There wasn't anything cutting edge there, kwim? If you want to save on shipping at Inky Antics, Our Daily Bread, Purple Daisy etc, then it is worth it.
Glad you got to go! I was hoping to get up there, but last night DH took the van to Walter Reed (for the Friday night support our soldiers rally which he attends most Friday nights) and it overheated, so no driving for me today! I really didn't *need* anything, but thought it would be fun to see what is new and see some stuff in person that I had only seen on line, and possibly see some of my on line stamping friends too! Enjoy your purchases!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2009, 10:01 AM   #2932  
Pearl-ExPert

I would love to go, but am finishing up my house hold chores. Should hear from DH in about 1 1/2 hours, We'll actually be in the same time zone.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2009, 11:32 AM   #2933  
Watercolor Wizard

Tracy- the check for my mom's order went out in today's mail...you should get it on Monday. Thanks, again, for ordering for her!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2009, 11:33 AM   #2934  
Watercolor Wizard

Stacy, did you get my check for my Scentsy order?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2009, 11:49 AM   #2935  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

I would have liked to have gone because I love Rubber Cottage and Inky Antics and would have liked to see more stuff from Purple Daisy. I've got a few stamps on order from PD at Create It Crafts and would love to see more of her stuff in person. But since I just had to spend some $$$ for a new battery for my car I didn't have any extra funds to spend. We are going back to OC in the spring for the big car show so hopefully some of the same vendors will be at Stamping by the Sea.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2009, 11:53 AM   #2936  
Forum Fanatic

Thanks everyone for your kind words of support! With having him live with us for almost two years I was starting to feel more like his mom than his grandmom so I think that made it doubly hard to see him go. Now I can go back to being a grandmom again!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2009, 11:55 AM   #2937  
Stazon Splitcoast

Funny, I just got a new car battery this week too. Let me tell you how much fun it was to realize your car was dead when trying to get the girls to school. After assessing the situation and calling the school to say we would be late, I put P'nut in the stroller and walked. We were only 15 minutes late, but then Kerri and I had to walk home. The teacher said I was crazy At that point though when they are dressed and at the car if we didn't go to school there would have been a MAJOR melt down. Thank goodness we just got AAA.
Old 09-12-2009, 11:58 AM   #2938  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Funny, I just got a new car battery this week too. Let me tell you how much fun it was to realize your car was dead when trying to get the girls to school. After assessing the situation and calling the school to say we would be late, I put P'nut in the stroller and walked. We were only 15 minutes late, but then Kerri and I had to walk home. The teacher said I was crazy At that point though when they are dressed and at the car if we didn't go to school there would have been a MAJOR melt down. Thank goodness we just got AAA.
I'll bet the girls enjoyed the walk, it was probably a new adventure for them! How far did you have to walk though?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2009, 12:30 PM   #2939  
Stazon Splitcoast

I think I measured it once to be 0.6 miles. I realized half way into it that I should have put them in the double stroller and Kerri in my baby pack. It may have been a little bit faster, although pushing 60+ pounds and wearing 20+ I'm not sure how much faster it would have really been, or if I would have made it.
Old 09-12-2009, 01:41 PM   #2940  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

I think I measured it once to be 0.6 miles. I realized half way into it that I should have put them in the double stroller and Kerri in my baby pack. It may have been a little bit faster, although pushing 60+ pounds and wearing 20+ I'm not sure how much faster it would have really been, or if I would have made it.
I see you're using the kids as your personal trainers again!

No wonder you look so good. That is work girl!

Hope everyone is doing well. Updated the blog if you're interested. An ATC spinner and Christmas card (yes Christmas)

DH is in the same time zone! Gonna clean up and finish up some more cards. If I don't pop back in, have a great night!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2009, 06:17 PM   #2941  
Stazon Splitcoast

Good evening girls! Sitting here granny sitting - first time she's up for the potty. I'm hoping she sleeps the rest of the night, or I'll be grouchy in the AM. She wasn't too bad today, so that was good.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2009, 06:28 PM   #2942  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Glad he is happy being back in his old school. Maybe the structure and discipline are the answers to prayer. I'm sure you miss him tons.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2009, 06:31 PM   #2943  
Stazon Splitcoast

I did bring some stuff over to Mom and Dad's to try and design my SBS card. I also brought the laundry basket full of cards collected at my SBS for the card ministry to work on. I did get them celebrated into b-day, holidays, get well, sympathy, etc. Now I can raid Mom's verses and stamp the insides.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2009, 08:06 PM   #2944  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by CindyLView Post
Good evening girls! Sitting here granny sitting - first time she's up for the potty. I'm hoping she sleeps the rest of the night, or I'll be grouchy in the AM. She wasn't too bad today, so that was good.
I hope she sleeps through the night too Cindy so you can get some sleep as well! I'm glad today was a good one for her! It just seems so unfair for someone to be struck with Alzheimers after spending their whole life either working or raising a family only to have their golden years pretty much stolen from them. I know your parents are glad to have your help so that they can get a little break once in a while.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2009, 08:07 PM   #2945  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Glad he is happy being back in his old school. Maybe the structure and discipline are the answers to prayer. I'm sure you miss him tons.
I think you are right, I sure have been doing a lot of praying for him the last few days!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2009, 03:59 AM   #2946  
Watercolor Wizard

Good morning!!! The sun is shining and it's a perfect day for a football game! We have company coming over to watch the Ravens' game and dinner...I'm just throwing together a big pot of chili and making some corn muffins...but first, I MUST go to the grocery store!!!

Have a great day!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2009, 04:39 AM   #2947  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Good morning!!! The sun is shining and it's a perfect day for a football game! We have company coming over to watch the Ravens' game and dinner...I'm just throwing together a big pot of chili and making some corn muffins...but first, I MUST go to the grocery store!!!

Have a great day!!!
It sounds like f-u-n!!! I l-o-v-e football - but L-O-V-E hockey more! I am not a huge Ravens fan, though - Denver Broncos is our team. But, I will watch any game - as long as it is a good one! Have fun!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2009, 04:50 AM   #2948  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by devonsmom98View Post
It sounds like f-u-n!!! I l-o-v-e football - but L-O-V-E hockey more! I am not a huge Ravens fan, though - Denver Broncos is our team. But, I will watch any game - as long as it is a good one! Have fun!!
I don't mind the Broncos- now that Elway is gone...

I don't watch hockey too much anymore- I went through a BIG hockey 'phase' when I was in middle school- the New York Rangers was 'my' team at the time! Not quite sure WHY, though! I even wrote an end-of-year essay on hockey and got an A+ on it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2009, 05:00 AM   #2949  
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning chickies! She had me up three times, so I'm exhausted. Have to get her up in a few minutes for the day too. I don't know how Mom can do this day after day. My butt is dragging.

On a happier note, DH called from his hiking adventure and found a shelter along the Appalachain Trail last night to stay in instead of putting up his tent. If you ever saw The Blair Witch movie, he stayed in Burkittsville last night. Too creepy for me. He said all the noises in the woods drove him crazy. He's ready to eat his powdered breakfast and head north this morning. I'm glad the sun is shining for him.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2009, 05:01 AM   #2950  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I hope she sleeps through the night too Cindy so you can get some sleep as well! I'm glad today was a good one for her! It just seems so unfair for someone to be struck with Alzheimers after spending their whole life either working or raising a family only to have their golden years pretty much stolen from them. I know your parents are glad to have your help so that they can get a little break once in a while.

It does suck. She worked for the state for 30 years as an accountant, and now can't add two numbers together. So sad to watch her go down hill so rapidly. I get tickled pink when she says my name, because some days, she doesn't know who I am. Mom and Dad are enjoying their weekend away - she called last night and said they might not return. LOL

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2009, 05:02 AM   #2951  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Have a great day!!!
That's my annual meal I always make on Super Bow Sunday. Enjoy your friends and yummy dinner! Go Ravens!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2009, 05:12 AM   #2952  
Stazon Splitcoast

I know I have been here for 12 years and that I live minutes from training camp, but I cannot watch the Ravens. My family has had Brown's season tickets since before I was born. I got out of the football spirit when the Browns moved here and we went without a team for a few years. (Coincidentally right at the same time we moved here.)

I do love me some hockey, but I don't really follow it. The only thing we really follow around here is NASCAR and a little baseball.
Old 09-13-2009, 05:30 AM   #2953  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

I know I have been here for 12 years and that I live minutes from training camp, but I cannot watch the Ravens. My family has had Brown's season tickets since before I was born. I got out of the football spirit when the Browns moved here and we went without a team for a few years. (Coincidentally right at the same time we moved here.)

I do love me some hockey, but I don't really follow it. The only thing we really follow around here is NASCAR and a little baseball.
Yeah, but now you know how we felt when the Colts moved to Indy...AND took our name and history...at least the Browns got to keep their name and colors. We were without football for over 10 years...we tried to get a team without 'stealing' someone else's team but the NFL wouldn't give us one...

Training camp is fun...usually HOT but fun!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2009, 05:40 AM   #2954  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

That's my annual meal I always make on Super Bow Sunday. Enjoy your friends and yummy dinner! Go Ravens!
Each Sunday during football season I make a big pot of some sort of soup for dinner...I love soup!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2009, 05:41 AM   #2955  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

My son is really into NASCAR- I don't get it...I get bored watching them go around in circles making left turns.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2009, 06:07 AM   #2956  
Stazon Splitcoast

I sympathize with you all for not having a team. And it was WRONG the way the Colts were stolen from you. In the end we were happy to get rid of Art Modell.
Old 09-13-2009, 06:20 AM   #2957  
Rubber Obsessor

Default Ready for some football

It is so odd, because we view Modell as our savior bring football back to us. Now if we could get rid of Angelos, not the Orioles, just Angelos! I do the same chili thing on Sunday too Mary, it goes so well with football. Have a great day everyone and GO RAVENS!!!

Lynn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2009, 06:29 AM   #2958  
Pearl-ExPert

Good day foloks! Hope you are doing well! Mike is home, spending the day helping him with his expense reports. The per diem food was wonderful! Hugs,
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2009, 06:34 AM   #2959  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by craigsgirlView Post
It is so odd, because we view Modell as our savior bring football back to us. Now if we could get rid of Angelos, not the Orioles, just Angelos! I do the same chili thing on Sunday too Mary, it goes so well with football. Have a great day everyone and GO RAVENS!!!

Lynn
I agree- each town has a different perspective of the owner...wonder what Indy thought of Irsay?? And I totally agree about Peter Angelos!

BAD mistake to go to the grocery store the morning of the game! It was a sea of purple- at least I only needed a few things!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2009, 06:37 AM   #2960  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by craigsgirlView Post

Lynn
...and I haven't forgotten about the stamp set!! I just need to get upstairs in the mess of my stamp room and FIND it!
Reply With Quote Likes