Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-09-2009, 03:39 AM   #2801  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathi127View Post
Well, when it rains it pours! Since 6:00 last night Rusty has had 3 seizures, the last one being at 5:00 this morning which is why I'm up so early! So it's back to the vet today to get him back on the meds. It's very strange though, he had his first one last year on 9/5 during the time when we were expecting that hurricane (can't remember the name), then had several more that weekend and over the next two weeks. We put him on meds and gradually were able to wean him off them over time. He hasn't had any seizures for almost a year and now all of a sudden here he is again having them almost to the day a year later. And there's a very low pressure system sitting off the coast. Coincidence? I'm wondering if there's something in that little brain of his that is triggered by these low pressure systems during the month of September? Just seems very strange to me!
poor Rusty Pup! and it's also possible he was affected by the recent negative energy in the house too. our furchildren KNOW when we aren't feeling our best.

Non squishy Boob Hugs!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-09-2009, 03:46 AM   #2802  
Forum Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmGee458View Post
Check out my blog (and the other Bombshell DT members' blogs listed there) for the Bombshell Hump Day Hop. If you leave a comment, you'll be entered into a drawing for a set of Bombshell stamps at the end of the month! The more comments you leave, the more chances you'll have to win!
Cool! I'll be checking them out and leaving some comments! I'd love to win a set of Bombshell stamps!

Stampin' Up! Demonstrator

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-09-2009, 03:56 AM   #2803  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by devonsmom98View Post
I think you are correct in making the connection, I really do. Animals sense storms and the change in weather. - Just like people who get weather migraines (me). I used to work underground in HI, when I was in the Navy. I could tell you when it was raining outside - just from the pain in my head. My parents' dogs feel storms waaaay before they arrive. Rusty seems very sensitive to them, in general. Maybe, he could take the medication seasonally, like with allergy meds. I hope he has a better day.
Thanks Cherie for reinforcing what I am thinking! It just seems a little too coincidental for me!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-09-2009, 04:18 AM   #2804  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrsjvbView Post
poor Rusty Pup! and it's also possible he was affected by the recent negative energy in the house too. our furchildren KNOW when we aren't feeling our best.

Non squishy Boob Hugs!
Thanks for the hugs DM! Yes, with everything that has been going on around here the last few days I'm sure it's affected him, he's definitely our more "sensitive" furchild! Snickers, our Siamese, loves Alan and definitely knows something is wrong because he doesn't have his sleeping buddy anymore. He's been walking around crying for several days now.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-09-2009, 04:36 AM   #2805  
Crimping Master

Morning Ladies! Sorry I have been hiding LOL it has been busy!!!

I will try to catch up --- Kathi I did see about Rusty! I hope he has a better day and I think I am going to keep an eye on the storms!!!!!

Kathi - I apologize bout the card challenge I have it colored - I just never got a chance to put it together...I have decided I need a 36 or 48 hour day to get all I need to get done!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-09-2009, 04:38 AM   #2806  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmandaWView Post
It's been a LONG day.... I've been at Walter Reed all day. Good news pre-op stuff is done. Still on for the 21st I have a team of three Doc's doing my surgery who knew it would take 3 doc's? Weird. They are going to make me stay over night....Not happy about that at all. No driving for 2 weeks (we'll see). She said pack an over night bag.....do you think she's talking about clothes or stamps. I think I'll take stamps should be fun stamping on morphine (sp?). I can just see your faces opening those cards.....Having a *** is this moment.

Off to not eat before my WW meeting tonight. We ate lunch at Walter Reed and I used all my points for the day The cake was yummy (hangs head in shame)
dont feel bad look up the points on ribs LOL I made ribs last night and cut into my overage points quite well but boy were they good, then I think they made me ill cause I have gone a week now with little fat LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-09-2009, 05:37 AM   #2807  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Oh darn! I was hoping to smell some of the new scents! I'll be sure to email Stacy my order!
Kathi - If you want we can meet up one Friday for lunch or I can loan you the testers to take home and sniff at your leisure.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-09-2009, 05:38 AM   #2808  
Crimping Master

Okay my physical therapy group is getting ugly with me LOL I had to cancel since it conflicted with me dropping Ali off at school and they do not like that I am working around Dan and Mom's schedule LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-09-2009, 05:38 AM   #2809  
Crimping Master

Congrats Kimme on winning the challenge!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-09-2009, 05:54 AM   #2810  
Stazon Splitcoast

That would have been Ike last year. My mom and sister drove in from Ohio just ahead of it. They were funny, "Wow, I've never seen rain like this." Me, "How many hurricanes have you experienced in Ohio?" Hehe. I was glad that I was in the hospital and didn't have to go anywhere though.

With Rusty...could it be allergies? This is spore season and with the house being closed up for the rains that could be why the trigger is almost the same date too. It could be worth asking the vet about. I would hate to see him on seizure meds if allergy meds would do the trick.
Old 09-09-2009, 06:08 AM   #2811  
Pearl-ExPert

Kathi; sorry to hear about Rusty. I agree about the seasonal thing, poor puppy senses the upheval in the house. Hang in there, I promice it will get better.

Congrats Tracy and Amanda, I'm proud of you both!

Mary, Your blog hop sounds fun, I'll check it out. I draw my blog ***dy today as well. So you still have a chance.

Found an old pair of hubbys light weight fleece bottoms, I was a bit chilly so wore them to bed, Oh it is a size man medium and they are way big! Wohoo what a nice feeling.

Off the computer for a while.

Hugs to all!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-09-2009, 06:18 AM   #2812  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Kunia, Huh? lovely base. I wish John would get sent there permanently instead of just going TAD and graciously allowing me to pay my own way there.
wasn't gonna complain though, his room at the Hale Koa was covered and they paid for a rental car. so after he was doen for the day we explored.
Yep. We lived in Mililani, on the golf course, for the first bit, then moved into Wahiawa. Finally, we ended up in base housing at Helemano, on North Shore. Wasn't bad - brand new, single level duplex. Was sweet when we pulled double the BAH (he's Army, I was Navy) - but, once I got out - couldn't afford the rent!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-09-2009, 06:58 AM   #2813  
Pearl-ExPert

I'd just love to visit some place like hawaii! It is such a beautiful place. Umm maybe one day!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-09-2009, 08:10 AM   #2814  
Pearl-ExPert

Kathi - Keep us posted on Rusty. I do believe animals are like us - allergies, feelings, etc. It definitely is allergy season. My golden many years ago had seizures a few times for a year and then never again. He was on meds but I dont remember what it was.

All you WWs - great job w/the losses!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-09-2009, 08:24 AM   #2815  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by ms.rhettaView Post
I'd just love to visit some place like hawaii! It is such a beautiful place. Umm maybe one day!
Visiting Hawaii is the way to go. We were there for 5 years. I missed having seasons... You do get rock fever, too, after a while. There isn't even a road that goes completely around the island! I would love to go back - show dd the places we would go when she was little - she was born there. But, I would not want to live there again.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-09-2009, 08:28 AM   #2816  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by MelenaPrincessView Post
That would have been Ike last year. My mom and sister drove in from Ohio just ahead of it. They were funny, "Wow, I've never seen rain like this." Me, "How many hurricanes have you experienced in Ohio?" Hehe. I was glad that I was in the hospital and didn't have to go anywhere though.

With Rusty...could it be allergies? This is spore season and with the house being closed up for the rains that could be why the trigger is almost the same date too. It could be worth asking the vet about. I would hate to see him on seizure meds if allergy meds would do the trick.
Kimme, that is a great thought, I never thought about it possibly being an allergy. We're back from the vet and she did mention that there may be a plant in our yard that possibly triggers something this time of year but who knows for sure. Maybe I'll try giving him some Benadryl instead and see what happens, if he continues to have the seizures then I can give him the meds. It's sure worth a try!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-09-2009, 08:32 AM   #2817  
Forum Fanatic

DM, are you home today? I was wondering if I could run down and pick up the tombow since I'm not going in to work this afternoon.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-09-2009, 08:33 AM   #2818  
Insane Embellisher

I hope you figure it out! My parents' dog, Misha...She is insulin-dependent, has Crohn's Disease, AND gets weekly allergy shots! I think Rusty needs a present!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-09-2009, 08:34 AM   #2819  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Visiting Hawaii is the way to go. We were there for 5 years. I missed having seasons... You do get rock fever, too, after a while. There isn't even a road that goes completely around the island! I would love to go back - show dd the places we would go when she was little - she was born there. But, I would not want to live there again.
There's another SCS'er that did not like living there, she really hated it, is now living in CA. I would miss having the seasons too. But I sure wouldn't mind visiting at least once!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-09-2009, 08:39 AM   #2820  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

I hope you figure it out! My parents' dog, Misha...She is insulin-dependent, has Crohn's Disease, AND gets weekly allergy shots! I think Rusty needs a present!!!
Oh my goodness, poor baby! Do your parents give her the shots themselves or have to take her in all the time? Other than his "emotional" problems he's in pretty good health! They are doing bloodwork just to make sure nothing is going on but they did the same thing last year and everything was fine. He's just a crazy, mixed up doggie! LOL

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-09-2009, 08:54 AM   #2821  
Insane Embellisher

They give her two insulin shots a day, 1 with breakfast 1 with dinner. They take her to the vet, though, to get the allergy shots each Friday.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-09-2009, 09:07 AM   #2822  
Gallery Gazer

Tracy & Loretta thanks for a fun lunch! I so needed some FOOD! I feel like I put on 5 pounds. Sorry again that I was holding up lunch with my over the top demands. lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-09-2009, 09:23 AM   #2823  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

There's another SCS'er that did not like living there, she really hated it, is now living in CA. I would miss having the seasons too. But I sure wouldn't mind visiting at least once!
That was Aubry. I think much of it had to do with the fact that she was young a newly wed and her dh deployed shortly after being there. I've known others who have loved it and some who wished they were back on the mainland, but I think some of it has to do with if you take advantage of being there are just wish you were home the whole time. My same friend who didn't like Hawaii also had problems in Argentina because she says she stands out wherever she goes. heck, I've stood out my whole life and never lived outside Ohio or MD. Embrace it!
Old 09-09-2009, 09:35 AM   #2824  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Tracy & Loretta thanks for a fun lunch! I so needed some FOOD! I feel like I put on 5 pounds. Sorry again that I was holding up lunch with my over the top demands. lol
Oh my... it was so much fun! I'm sill full and have left overs for dinner tonight!

It was great to see you both again! Now to try and come up with a project for the SBS. I'm stumped!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-09-2009, 09:55 AM   #2825  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by MelenaPrincessView Post
That was Aubry. I think much of it had to do with the fact that she was young a newly wed and her dh deployed shortly after being there. I've known others who have loved it and some who wished they were back on the mainland, but I think some of it has to do with if you take advantage of being there are just wish you were home the whole time. My same friend who didn't like Hawaii also had problems in Argentina because she says she stands out wherever she goes. heck, I've stood out my whole life and never lived outside Ohio or MD. Embrace it!
Our oldest DD lived there for a little over a year and loved it! She did have a lot of company from home and she loved being tour guide (she only worked part time). There were things she missed, but really enjoyed the experience there.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-09-2009, 09:59 AM   #2826  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Well, when it rains it pours! Since 6:00 last night Rusty has had 3 seizures, the last one being at 5:00 this morning which is why I'm up so early! So it's back to the vet today to get him back on the meds. It's very strange though, he had his first one last year on 9/5 during the time when we were expecting that hurricane (can't remember the name), then had several more that weekend and over the next two weeks. We put him on meds and gradually were able to wean him off them over time. He hasn't had any seizures for almost a year and now all of a sudden here he is again having them almost to the day a year later. And there's a very low pressure system sitting off the coast. Coincidence? I'm wondering if there's something in that little brain of his that is triggered by these low pressure systems during the month of September? Just seems very strange to me!
Poor poor Rusty and his "momma" too! Seizures are scary - hope you get a handle on it soon...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-09-2009, 11:56 AM   #2827  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

No, why thank you two for the wonderful company and goodies. Working on Boo Buckets right now...instead of SBS, since SU order has shipped, will wait for new supplies before deciding what to do.lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-09-2009, 12:06 PM   #2828  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

DM, are you home today? I was wondering if I could run down and pick up the tombow since I'm not going in to work this afternoon.
I am and will be for the rest of the day. sorry I didn't see this earlier!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-09-2009, 01:17 PM   #2829  
Pearl-ExPert

I'm so open to any idea at this point. Still thinking Amanda's little stamped booble eye and test tubes of m&M's. just have to decide.

It was so fun to see Tracy and Amanda. What a hoot. Off to eat my leftovers!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-09-2009, 01:50 PM   #2830  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by tracyltrippView Post
No, why thank you two for the wonderful company and goodies. Working on Boo Buckets right now...instead of SBS, since SU order has shipped, will wait for new supplies before deciding what to do.lol
You are welcome! It was a fun afternoon! It was so nice to not feel like I had to rush off. Can't wait to see your boo-buckets. I have ideas for them but haven't started anything as of yet!

I'm signing off for now, want to do some stamping. Talk to you guys later!

Have a great evening!

Stamp Happy!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-09-2009, 05:34 PM   #2831  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

I am and will be for the rest of the day. sorry I didn't see this earlier!
DM, I'm so sorry, I got so tired and went and laid down and didn't get up until almost 5:00 p.m.! Then it was run to the store for some things I needed for dinner tonight, fix dinner, cleanup, throw some laundry in and now I'm finally getting to sit down and relax! I had tried to call you before I posted on the thread but I got a message that the number was incorrect so I must not have a good number for you. If you can PM me your correct number and if you're going to be home tomorrow around 6:30 or so I could stop by after work and pick it up. If not, we'll work something out for the weekend.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-09-2009, 05:38 PM   #2832  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rose0165View Post
Kathi - Keep us posted on Rusty. I do believe animals are like us - allergies, feelings, etc. It definitely is allergy season. My golden many years ago had seizures a few times for a year and then never again. He was on meds but I dont remember what it was.

All you WWs - great job w/the losses!
Thanks Rose, I'm really wondering about the allergy thing now since it's only happening this time of year. Rusty was on Phenobarbitol to control the seizures. Did your Golden continue to take meds for a long time?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-10-2009, 02:16 AM   #2833  
Pearl-ExPert

Mornin all -
Kathi - it was so funny, Champ was on whatever meds for a little while (less than a year) and then I took him off them and he never had another seizure. The seizure was more like a stiffening than a grand mal type. Loss of body function and he looked so embarrassed. If outside, I'd see him standing like a statue in a trance. Weird. THEN - my next golden had allergies to everything! No seizures, but skin problems, hair loss and he was miserable. Spent a fortune I didnt have on that one to make him comfortable. Nothing helped except steroids. Thats a whole other problem. Hope all is well with the boy.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-10-2009, 02:20 AM   #2834  
Insane Embellisher

What a nice, cool day it is supposed to be today! I was hoping for rain, but I don't think they are calling for it, anymore. I hope everyone has a good day.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-10-2009, 03:58 AM   #2835  
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning girls! We got home Tuesday evening from camping. Had a great weekend - weather was picture perfect. Only hit 3 stamp stores that are close to the campground. Got some pumpkins too even though DH said we didn't need any - silly man! LOL

Hope everyone is doing well. Gonna try and see what I've missed the past few days.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-10-2009, 04:05 AM   #2836  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Fall is officially upon - it is true - Starbuck's has Pumpkin Spice, again!! I LOVE Pumpkin Spice Mochas - don't care for lattes, though. Soooo, for Fall I do them; then, come winter: Peppermint Mochas

I'm not a coffee person, but I love their peppermint hot chocolate. I look forward to that every year. Enjoy your pumpkin spice.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-10-2009, 04:19 AM   #2837  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Well it's been a hell of a night around here last night, won't go into details but the grandson is now back living at home with his mother and step-father, just too many issues for us old grandparents to deal with anymore. I've got a headache too today from crying all night with worrying about his future. Why can't kids realize how good they have it and just do what is asked of them? I wish I had it half as good growing up as the kids today, but maybe that's the problem, maybe they've got it TOO good and don't have any sense of responsibility. Well, one bright spot to the whole thing is that my food bill will go down considerably....
So sorry to hear this Kathi. Sending ya hugs!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-10-2009, 04:21 AM   #2838  
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm so glad I wasn't home to vote for the challenge card, because all of the cards you girls posted were awesome. I would have wanted to vote for each and every one! The talent is absolutely amazing!! Congrats Kimme!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-10-2009, 04:23 AM   #2839  
Stazon Splitcoast

Have a great day girls! Have to finish catching up later today. Work is calling my name!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-10-2009, 04:24 AM   #2840  
Gallery Gazer

Morning everyone!
Reply With Quote Likes