Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-18-2009, 02:13 PM   #2081  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmandaWView Post
Oh I'm sorry, but 102 years is pretty darn good. Again sorry for your loss.
What she said.

I had School Clothes Shopping to do today. Yay! The girls actually did pretty well, and we got some good deals. I love that Kohl's tells you how much you saved on the receipt, and even better when you save more than you spend Are you proud Stacy?
Old 08-18-2009, 02:37 PM   #2082  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by MelenaPrincessView Post
What she said.

I had School Clothes Shopping to do today. Yay! The girls actually did pretty well, and we got some good deals. I love that Kohl's tells you how much you saved on the receipt, and even better when you save more than you spend Are you proud Stacy?
LOL very good Kimme!!! I am not the best with clothes with my gymbo addiction! Although with coupons I spend less there than many other stores I could be shopping at!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2009, 02:37 PM   #2083  
Crimping Master

I am sorry to hear about your loss J...I want what ever he was eating/drinking! 102 that is amazing!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2009, 03:03 PM   #2084  
Glitter Guru

thanks all for your kind thoughts about Jack! He truely was an amazing man. He even quit smoking at 94 years old because he was afraid if he continued he might die a young man! He had a great mind up until very near the end. Here's one of my favorite pictures of him at his 100th birthday...
Attached Thumbnails
Maryland Anyone...........? II-p9301222.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2009, 03:05 PM   #2085  
Pearl-ExPert

Finally finished up my goodie boxes for Craig and my senior friend (I'm her angel) Vivian. Feels so good to be finished. Wow I've had a creative week! Looking forward to some down time and "Hells Kitchen" -- I'm so addicted.

Anyone else watching it?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2009, 03:06 PM   #2086  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emerald77View Post
I am sorry to hear about your loss J...I want what ever he was eating/drinking! 102 that is amazing!
Jack ate and drank whatever he wanted! Up until very recently he even often cooked his own food, because at the dining room, "they didn't know how to season it."
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2009, 03:12 PM   #2087  
Glitter Guru

[QUOTE=Mrsjvb;14918113]sorry to hear that Jeaneen.

I just got back from the hair salon. about ten minutes before the skies opened up! just squeaked by. But I LOVE my new hair cut( really short) and color(reddishy)

by this time tomorrow I should be talking to John from our cell phones cuz he will actually be on the same continent![/QUOTE]

WooHoo DM! So very happy for you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2009, 03:29 PM   #2088  
Pearl-ExPert

Okay, first, Jeanene, what is the correct spelling of your first name? Second, please convey my condolences to your husband and also my sympathy to you. Your Uncle looked quite chipper and happy so I am guessing he was okay to meet his maker. Hope everyone is enjoying the evening and anticipating the next challenge! I am glad I don't need to do back-to-school shopping, just think how many stamps.................oh never mind..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2009, 03:40 PM   #2089  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by harrahx2View Post
Okay, first, Jeanene, what is the correct spelling of your first name? Second, please convey my condolences to your husband and also my sympathy to you. Your Uncle looked quite chipper and happy so I am guessing he was okay to meet his maker. Hope everyone is enjoying the evening and anticipating the next challenge! I am glad I don't need to do back-to-school shopping, just think how many stamps.................oh never mind..
Jeaneen is the way mom put it on my birth certificate, but I answer to anything close - I think there is only one other (my aunt's best friend, which is where mom borrowed the name) that spells it that way.

Yes, Jack was quite chipper and enjoyed life, but I think he really was ready to go and reunite with his wife of over 60 years who passed several years ago. He was just starting to have some health issues a few months ago and didn't have the fun and freedom he once enjoyed. The last time we were together he was telling stories of his youth (his 70s - 90s!) and what great stories he could tell! He was a lawyer and his mind remained quite sharp - if only I had some of that!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2009, 04:34 PM   #2090  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by jtaxView Post
thanks all for your kind thoughts about Jack! He truely was an amazing man. He even quit smoking at 94 years old because he was afraid if he continued he might die a young man! He had a great mind up until very near the end. Here's one of my favorite pictures of him at his 100th birthday...
Jeaneen, so sorry to hear of your uncle's passing. He sure lived a long life and by the looks of him, I bet he was a real lady's man in his prime!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2009, 05:43 PM   #2091  
Forum Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

I'm off to make some cards...unfortunately I have to make sympathy cards - DH's uncle just passed away. Uncle Jack was a very special guy and sure touched a lot of lives in his 102 (yes that's right!) years here on earth.
Jeaneen, I'm very sorry to hear about Uncle Jack, he sounds like quite a guy! I sure hope I'm doing as well as he did if I get to 102! That's incredible!

Stampin' Up! Demonstrator

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2009, 05:46 PM   #2092  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrsjvbView Post
sorry to hear that Jeaneen.

I just got back from the hair salon. about ten minutes before the skies opened up! just squeaked by. But I LOVE my new hair cut( really short) and color(reddishy)
by this time tomorrow I should be talking to John from our cell phones cuz he will actually be on the same continent!
Hey, we will be twins!!!!

That is great news about John, I know you are on pins and needles waiting for the next few days to pass by!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2009, 05:48 PM   #2093  
Compulsive Stamper

Hello All.
Hope everyone had a fantastic weekend. Celebrating my nephew's 3rd was so fun. I love seeing my dad, "Pop Pop", interact with his grandson. That is some good stuff.
Congrats Kathi on the winning card. These challenges are great and I love seeing all the talent.

Jeaneen, I am sorry to hear of Jack's passing. Thank you for sharing about his enjoyment of life. It is a great reminder to me to cherish our times of fun and laughter with loved ones. A message that is esp necessary after returning to work after a vacation and every e-mail has a not now, right now urgency...

Thank you to all that continue to pray for my friend Kathy's mom. She has had a couple of serious set backs in recovery and remains in ICU as her body struggles to heal. The prayers are much appreciated!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2009, 05:51 PM   #2094  
Crimping Master

L - I am addicted to Hell's kitchen too something about ramsay..I tivo though so I can watch it after cleaning the store of fruit snax LOL (good deals this week!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2009, 08:15 PM   #2095  
Hardware Hotshot

Jeaneen sorry to hear about Jack.

Cherie congrats on getting in the swap. Now if I could only get a card done for it all would be right in my world. Have stamped several hours now trying to come up with a card and what do I have to show for it....CRAP! The ugliest card on the face of the earth ugh. Well better get to bed, maybe tomorrow I will have some stamping mojo back.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2009, 03:50 AM   #2096  
Gallery Gazer

Good Morning!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2009, 04:11 AM   #2097  
Pearl-ExPert

Good morning Amanda. Is anyone else up yet? Im here at work, with some actual work to do for a change. it is sooooo muggy this morning. ick! I have to start thinking about a stamp for my daughter's Tues swap. Im thinking I'll copy one of the ones we did at Tracies. heheheheheh.... I have a favorite and altho I dont have the paper or the stamp, I can make the design work! Have a great day.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2009, 04:14 AM   #2098  
Forum Fanatic

Good Morning Ladies!

Cherie, glad you will be able to join us at the SBS! It will be soooo much fun!

Tracy, I can't believe you can make an ugly card, it's just not possible!!!

Have a great day everyone!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2009, 04:16 AM   #2099  
Pearl-ExPert

Hmm, just checked the ft meade blog and now I think I might have to use the Riley with cupcakes card for my swap Tues. We have to use dp. Of course if I'd stop changing my mind and concentrate I might actually DO something constructive.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2009, 04:16 AM   #2100  
Gallery Gazer

Hey Rose!

No I think we are the only two up and around today. I got your payment yesterday. Thank you! Tracy will have your goodies with your SU order.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2009, 04:16 AM   #2101  
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning! Did you all get those nasty storms last night?? My goodness! I was waiting for the wicked witch to fly by...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2009, 04:18 AM   #2102  
Stazon Splitcoast

Jeaneen, sorry to hear about Uncle Jack. Sure sounds like he lived a full and wonderful life.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2009, 04:19 AM   #2103  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by whatapickleView Post
Hello All.
Hope everyone had a fantastic weekend. Celebrating my nephew's 3rd was so fun. I love seeing my dad, "Pop Pop", interact with his grandson. That is some good stuff.
Congrats Kathi on the winning card. These challenges are great and I love seeing all the talent.

Jeaneen, I am sorry to hear of Jack's passing. Thank you for sharing about his enjoyment of life. It is a great reminder to me to cherish our times of fun and laughter with loved ones. A message that is esp necessary after returning to work after a vacation and every e-mail has a not now, right now urgency...

Thank you to all that continue to pray for my friend Kathy's mom. She has had a couple of serious set backs in recovery and remains in ICU as her body struggles to heal. The prayers are much appreciated!

Sara, glad you had a good weekend and had fun celebrating your nephew's b-day.

Will continue to pray for Kathy's mom. Hope she continues to move in the right direction of healing.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2009, 04:26 AM   #2104  
Stazon Splitcoast

If interested, mark your calendars for:

SBS in Laurelhosted by scrapkathy (a good friend of mine) on 09/26 - she's hoping to post the thread this weekend, but is to give me a heads up for me to share here if she remembers. This will be held at the Maryland City Fire Hall. Close for a bunch of you

Stamping & Scrapping Yard Sale in Laurel on 10/25 by scrapkathy - similar to the one they have near Annapolis. More info to follow once she gets that finalized. Same location as above

Possible trip to Amish Country on Saturday, 11/07 - let me know if this date works for the majority. I'm booked up on Saturdays in October - sorry!

SBS in Baltimore hosted by me on 11/14 at Faith Fellowship like the one next weekend - more info to follow once I get thru this one coming up

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2009, 04:44 AM   #2105  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by tracyltrippView Post
Jeaneen sorry to hear about Jack.

Cherie congrats on getting in the swap. Now if I could only get a card done for it all would be right in my world. Have stamped several hours now trying to come up with a card and what do I have to show for it....CRAP! The ugliest card on the face of the earth ugh. Well better get to bed, maybe tomorrow I will have some stamping mojo back.
well mom is in love with your halloween card I may have to pry your basket from her to bring to you LOL She has finished everyone's cards and she is moving on to another original...definitely awakened a beast!!

J - Thanks for spelling your name - I am always spelling it off...Nana's name is actually Jean, and my middle is Jeanette so I alway had the first part LOL but I always had too many N's in the middle!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2009, 04:49 AM   #2106  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by CindyLView Post

SBS in Laurelhosted by scrapkathy (a good friend of mine) on 09/26 - she's hoping to post the thread this weekend, but is to give me a heads up for me to share here if she remembers. This will be held at the Maryland City Fire Hall. Close for a bunch of you

Stamping & Scrapping Yard Sale in Laurel on 10/25 by scrapkathy - similar to the one they have near Annapolis. More info to follow once she gets that finalized. Same location as above

Possible trip to Amish Country on Saturday, 11/07 - let me know if this date works for the majority. I'm booked up on Saturdays in October - sorry!

SBS in Baltimore hosted by me on 11/14 at Faith Fellowship like the one next weekend - more info to follow once I get thru this one coming up
I'm out for 9/26......I'm having surgery on 9/21 I don't think I'll be up for it...crap.

Amish trip sounds good! 11/07 works for me.....need to start saving now.

Yard sale sounds fun! I'm always up for a good sale.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2009, 05:12 AM   #2107  
Crimping Master

does anyone want to throw anything in Cherie's catalog show with Pampered Chef? if so, pm or email me and I will get you your total!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2009, 05:29 AM   #2108  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

does anyone want to throw anything in Cherie's catalog show with Pampered Chef? if so, pm or email me and I will get you your total!
When is it closing?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2009, 06:07 AM   #2109  
Pearl-ExPert

Hi everyone!

I've been up for a while but haven't really accomplished much!

Need to get some more packing materials and finish up my last box! wohoo finally making the post this morning!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2009, 06:14 AM   #2110  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

well mom is in love with your halloween card I may have to pry your basket from her to bring to you LOL She has finished everyone's cards and she is moving on to another original...definitely awakened a beast!!

J - Thanks for spelling your name - I am always spelling it off...Nana's name is actually Jean, and my middle is Jeanette so I alway had the first part LOL but I always had too many N's in the middle!!!
LOL! I totally forgot about the swap stuff. Guess I could get off my rear and come get it. I'm still freaking out about the baltimore swap, since I can't get a card to come together. Apparently, I should do leaves!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2009, 06:15 AM   #2111  
Hardware Hotshot

Cindy the 7th sounds great. Maybe this time we will have enough for two vehicles and really cause a stir in Amish country.he he he
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2009, 06:28 AM   #2112  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathi127View Post
Hey, we will be twins!!!!

That is great news about John, I know you are on pins and needles waiting for the next few days to pass by!

actually yes Kathi I think our cuts are very close heheheh.

arrrggghh.. was wide awake at like 0300 this morning.. and since the EARLIEST I can expect a phone call from John is like 2pm.. this day is Duhhhhragggggggiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnng on.

I have started to get some heads ups on the Labor day Challenges so I may start at least coloring images for those. and Waiting to hear back from Stacy about going grocery shopping later today.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2009, 06:34 AM   #2113  
Glitter Guru

Good morning all! There was another cancellation for next Sat's SBS in Baltimore and now I get to go! I had made a b'day card last week and plan to use that, so off to cut card stock and DP and make up the kits. WooHoo! Any chance I can meet up with anyone catch a ride?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2009, 06:39 AM   #2114  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by CindyLView Post

Wow - my calendar will be filling up fast! Love it when there are events so close to home! I would love to go on the Amish country trip - and as far as I know 11/7 works for me! Thanks for the heads up!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2009, 07:50 AM   #2115  
Pearl-ExPert

Trying a new take on the grid challenge using mono cromatic (sp) blues. So far I like the results. Will post a pic later on. I hope you are all well. Don't know about Amish country just yet, should be able to check with DH when he gets home later today.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2009, 08:10 AM   #2116  
Pearl-ExPert

Default mono cromatic grid card!

Here is the card I was telling you guys about
Attached Thumbnails
Maryland Anyone...........? II-gift-2.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2009, 08:26 AM   #2117  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Good morning all! There was another cancellation for next Sat's SBS in Baltimore and now I get to go! I had made a b'day card last week and plan to use that, so off to cut card stock and DP and make up the kits. WooHoo! Any chance I can meet up with anyone catch a ride?
Whoohooo! Good for you and us.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2009, 08:27 AM   #2118  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by ms.rhettaView Post
Here is the card I was telling you guys about
I love this image is that a SU stamp?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2009, 09:31 AM   #2119  
Pearl-ExPert

He's in the same time zone!!!!! Just got off the phone with him.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2009, 09:49 AM   #2120  
Insane Embellisher

Congrats, DM!!! Glad he is on his way!!!

Jeaneen, sorry about your Uncle. - YAY for getting to come to the sbs!!!

I just found out I am starting the year off with a 1st grade class. Nothing like last minute. I hope they have the room ready. They had all summer to tell me, so I could prep - but noooo. We won't be back in MD until the wee hours of Saturday. I am waiting to see if the bldg will be open so I can go do stuff, if need be.

Devon seems OK with me not taking her to the 1st day of Middle School!! Alas, it is III that will be a wreck all day wondering how all is going. She says she will walk by herself, or go with friends...

I would LOVE to go on the Amish tour in NOV!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes