In the Forums

Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter





Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads


 
Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-29-2009, 04:14 AM   #1121  
Pearl-ExPert
 
harrahx2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Lewes, Delaware
Posts: 2,938
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Jeanene, I know you said it's "chilly" but I still want to be there. I know you will be sad to leave and I hope the return trip is smooth. Tracy, thanks for the "heads up" on the punch and I hope you got my info.
As for the trip Saturday, T & A won't work in Amish Country so I say, apple butter, ribbon, and tag books for barter.
Love my EX Pass. They started to charge $18 a year this year just for having it but I think it's worth it. I don't need it that often but when I do, it's nice that it's there. So worth it.
Cherie, I am glad to see your husband befriended a missionary and will have someone to pray for the plane!
Amanda, watch out for this group Saturday. They can get a little unruly. So maybe you need to bring a ruler to keep them ruly!
__________________
~You never know how strong you are until strong is the only choice you have~
~Proud Member of the Fan Club Gallery~
harrahx2 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2009, 04:14 AM   #1122  
Stazon Splitcoast
 
CindyL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 20,438
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by tracyltrippView Post
So it looks like there are five of us going. Once we get to Baltimore Cindy will be sitting in the front to give directions while the rest of you are sleeping in the back. We'll be sure to wake you when we get to the first store or need something out of the cooler to eat.lol Oh, wait maybe you'll need to wake me.

Or wake your butts up to see things that we don't see around here on a regular basis like the eagles at Conowingo Dam or the Amish in the fields or our first buggy we pass or this or that....

And no, we won't need to wake you up - I'll make sure of that. Don't need any of that type of excitement - I'm sure we'll have plenty of it without you napping on us. LOL
__________________
Cindy

CindyL is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2009, 04:15 AM   #1123  
Stazon Splitcoast
 
CindyL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 20,438
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by tracyltrippView Post
Maybe I can barter with ribbon?! I have plenty to go around...

ROFL!!! I can just picture this now. For those stamps there, I'll give ya 10 yards of this ribbon and 10 yards of that one.
__________________
Cindy

CindyL is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2009, 04:21 AM   #1124  
Stazon Splitcoast
 
CindyL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 20,438
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathi127View Post
Whatever everyone else wants to to is fine with me! I know there's some great food up there in Amish country!
I'm thinking stopping somewhere for lunch that won't break the bank, but having snacks and drinks in the van is a good idea, since we are leaving early. That way we should only have to stop for potty breaks and stamp stores by lunchtime. There are plenty of cornfields on the way too for emergency potty breaks!! LOL And no, the Amish don't have outhouses out back to use. Their toilets flush just like ours.

And also, bring your camera. You can't obviously take pics of the Amish, but they do allow you to take pics of card samples and such in their stores.
__________________
Cindy

CindyL is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2009, 04:37 AM   #1125  
Crimping Master
 
Emerald77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: FL
Posts: 1,227
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by CindyLView Post
I'm thinking stopping somewhere for lunch that won't break the bank, but having snacks and drinks in the van is a good idea, since we are leaving early. That way we should only have to stop for potty breaks and stamp stores by lunchtime. There are plenty of cornfields on the way too for emergency potty breaks!! LOL And no, the Amish don't have outhouses out back to use. Their toilets flush just like ours.

And also, bring your camera. You can't obviously take pics of the Amish, but they do allow you to take pics of card samples and such in their stores.
well thats good, my amish babysitters when I was a kid I believe had outhouses!!! fun times on that farm though =0) Ya'll enjoy with the way my end of year goes (bday after bday til xmas LOL) I may have to wait til next year to go LOL
Emerald77 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2009, 04:48 AM   #1126  
Polyshrink Goddess
 
thesillystamper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Somewhere in the US
Posts: 596
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Cherie- Hope everything is progressing with your hubby. Sorry for the frustrations.

Janean- Sorry about your mom. Hope she's starting to feel better. Have a safe trip home.

Tracy & DM- Thank you for the special mail. That was very thoughtful! I appreciate it.


Hello everyone else. Have fun in Amish country.
__________________
What if the hokey pokey really IS what it's all about?!?
Visit my blog: http://thesillystamper.blogspot.com/
thesillystamper is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2009, 04:59 AM   #1127  
Insane Embellisher
 
devonsmom98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Fort Drum, NY
Posts: 983
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tiiiiiireeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed

I stayed up almost til 2, hoping to have news. - but none. Well, none that was good!! The Germans showed, with the parts, to fix the plane. But...because of the RAIN, they couldn't work on it - guess they forgot the umbrellas...So, they are fixing the plane now...
__________________
~Cherie
devonsmom98 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2009, 05:05 AM   #1128  
Polyshrink Goddess
 
thesillystamper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Somewhere in the US
Posts: 596
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

I'm so sorry. I'll cross my fingers & pray that he makes it out SOON!
__________________
What if the hokey pokey really IS what it's all about?!?
Visit my blog: http://thesillystamper.blogspot.com/
thesillystamper is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2009, 05:05 AM   #1129  
Insane Embellisher
 
devonsmom98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Fort Drum, NY
Posts: 983
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Michelle,

I LOVE your clips you made!! They are soooo cute!!!
__________________
~Cherie
devonsmom98 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2009, 05:06 AM   #1130  
Insane Embellisher
 
devonsmom98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Fort Drum, NY
Posts: 983
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesillystamperView Post
I'm so sorry. I'll cross my fingers & pray that he makes it out SOON!
Thanks. We're getting into crunch time. As long as I know he is on US soil somewhere - and due back to MD NLT Friday night, I am good.
__________________
~Cherie
devonsmom98 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2009, 05:06 AM   #1131  
Polyshrink Goddess
 
thesillystamper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Somewhere in the US
Posts: 596
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Thanks. They are alot of fun to make and pretty easy- although those cows were a bit of a pain. Never worked with flocking before.
__________________
What if the hokey pokey really IS what it's all about?!?
Visit my blog: http://thesillystamper.blogspot.com/
thesillystamper is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2009, 05:45 AM   #1132  
Pearl-ExPert
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: In my stamp room
Posts: 3,068
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Hey gang!

Heading off to lnch with a friend and then we'll visit and then I'll make the co-missary this afternoon. I hae a list as long as my arm!

Hope you are all well. Cherrie, hope hubby gets home soon!
ms.rhetta is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2009, 06:10 AM   #1133  
Gallery Gazer
 
AmandaW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Ft. Meade, MD
Posts: 7,190
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Good morning everyone!

J~ hope your Mom is feeling better today!

I think we need to stop for Lunch and Dinner on Sat but yes I'll bring car snacks and drinks. Yes I will be packing a pillow and my Ipod and I'm calling the back seat now. LOL
Can't wait!
__________________
My Blog
Creating isn't a hobby, but a way of life!
AmandaW is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2009, 07:25 AM   #1134  
Pearl-ExPert
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: In my stamp room
Posts: 3,068
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmandaWView Post
Good morning everyone!

J~ hope your Mom is feeling better today!

I think we need to stop for Lunch and Dinner on Sat but yes I'll bring car snacks and drinks. Yes I will be packing a pillow and my Ipod and I'm calling the back seat now. LOL
Can't wait!
Stopping for lunch would be good. I'm planning to bring a sharpie so if you guys want we can put our names on packages.

Off to lunch!
ms.rhetta is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2009, 08:04 AM   #1135  
Hardware Hotshot
 
tracyltripp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Witness Protection
Posts: 6,019
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Okay hows Chinese sound for thursday's lunch?
__________________
Tracy
http://tripponover.blogspot.com/
tracyltripp is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2009, 08:20 AM   #1136  
Pearl-ExPert
 
Mrsjvb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Pensacola FL
Posts: 2,644
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

but I thought you didn't like Chinese,Tracy?!

hheheh werks fer me, Beef N Broccoli sounds good...
Mrsjvb is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2009, 09:00 AM   #1137  
Gallery Gazer
 
AmandaW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Ft. Meade, MD
Posts: 7,190
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Sounds good! Same place we always go?
__________________
My Blog
Creating isn't a hobby, but a way of life!
AmandaW is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2009, 09:05 AM   #1138  
Crimping Master
 
Emerald77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: FL
Posts: 1,227
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

I may be able to come but I would have 3 or 4 kids LOL...autumn has been going to VBS so I would have all 3 little ones, hmmmm do I feel lucky LOL
Emerald77 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2009, 09:28 AM   #1139  
Forum Fanatic
 
Kathi127's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: In a Kennel in MD!
Posts: 9,447
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by harrahx2View Post
Jeanene, I know you said it's "chilly" but I still want to be there. I know you will be sad to leave and I hope the return trip is smooth. Tracy, thanks for the "heads up" on the punch and I hope you got my info.
As for the trip Saturday, T & A won't work in Amish Country so I say, apple butter, ribbon, and tag books for barter.
Love my EX Pass. They started to charge $18 a year this year just for having it but I think it's worth it. I don't need it that often but when I do, it's nice that it's there. So worth it.
Cherie, I am glad to see your husband befriended a missionary and will have someone to pray for the plane!
Amanda, watch out for this group Saturday. They can get a little unruly. So maybe you need to bring a ruler to keep them ruly!
Us unruly???? Never!!!!!
__________________
Kathi

Stampin' Up! Demonstrator


Kathi127 is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2009, 09:38 AM   #1140  
Forum Fanatic
 
Kathi127's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: In a Kennel in MD!
Posts: 9,447
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by CindyLView Post
I'm thinking stopping somewhere for lunch that won't break the bank, but having snacks and drinks in the van is a good idea, since we are leaving early. That way we should only have to stop for potty breaks and stamp stores by lunchtime. There are plenty of cornfields on the way too for emergency potty breaks!! LOL And no, the Amish don't have outhouses out back to use. Their toilets flush just like ours.

And also, bring your camera. You can't obviously take pics of the Amish, but they do allow you to take pics of card samples and such in their stores.
I think stopping for lunch is definitely the way to go and having breakfast goodies in the van in the am for sure! I can stop at Dunkin Donuts and pick us up donuts on my way that morning unless you'd rather have muffins. Just let me know!

Ok, if they have toilets like ours they have running water, but do they have electricity? I've always heard that they don't. But they must have it in their stores, correct?

My great aunt and uncle raised 13 kids on a farm in Carroll County and had no indoor bathroom, only an outhouse for all the years the kids were home. They finally got an indoor toilet when they sold the farm after all the kids left and moved to a little house up the road. By that time they were in their 80's.
__________________
Kathi

Stampin' Up! Demonstrator


Kathi127 is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2009, 09:40 AM   #1141  
Forum Fanatic
 
Kathi127's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: In a Kennel in MD!
Posts: 9,447
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmandaWView Post
Good morning everyone!

J~ hope your Mom is feeling better today!

I think we need to stop for Lunch and Dinner on Sat but yes I'll bring car snacks and drinks. Yes I will be packing a pillow and my Ipod and I'm calling the back seat now. LOL
Can't wait!
You are more than welcome to the back seat, I might get carsick all the way back there! LOL
__________________
Kathi

Stampin' Up! Demonstrator


Kathi127 is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2009, 09:42 AM   #1142  
Forum Fanatic
 
Kathi127's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: In a Kennel in MD!
Posts: 9,447
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by devonsmom98View Post
I stayed up almost til 2, hoping to have news. - but none. Well, none that was good!! The Germans showed, with the parts, to fix the plane. But...because of the RAIN, they couldn't work on it - guess they forgot the umbrellas...So, they are fixing the plane now...
Oh for heaven's sake, they can't work in the rain???? Hope all is fixed and he's on his way home now!
__________________
Kathi

Stampin' Up! Demonstrator


Kathi127 is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2009, 09:50 AM   #1143  
Gallery Gazer
 
AmandaW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Ft. Meade, MD
Posts: 7,190
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emerald77View Post
I may be able to come but I would have 3 or 4 kids LOL...autumn has been going to VBS so I would have all 3 little ones, hmmmm do I feel lucky LOL
I'll have the boys.
__________________
My Blog
Creating isn't a hobby, but a way of life!
AmandaW is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2009, 09:51 AM   #1144  
Gallery Gazer
 
AmandaW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Ft. Meade, MD
Posts: 7,190
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathi127View Post
You are more than welcome to the back seat, I might get carsick all the way back there! LOL
I do get car sick really easy should be fun!
__________________
My Blog
Creating isn't a hobby, but a way of life!
AmandaW is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2009, 09:54 AM   #1145  
Crimping Master
 
Emerald77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: FL
Posts: 1,227
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

wow yall are making me happy i cant make it LOl all the car sickness haha
Emerald77 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2009, 10:00 AM   #1146  
Forum Fanatic
 
Kathi127's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: In a Kennel in MD!
Posts: 9,447
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmandaWView Post
I do get car sick really easy should be fun!
Take some Bonine, it will keep you from getting carsick and doesn't make you drowsy! But you might want to be drowsy, so take Dramamine! I think you have to take it about 30 minutes before leaving.
__________________
Kathi

Stampin' Up! Demonstrator


Kathi127 is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2009, 10:01 AM   #1147  
Stazon Splitcoast
 
CindyL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 20,438
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmandaWView Post
Good morning everyone!

J~ hope your Mom is feeling better today!

I think we need to stop for Lunch and Dinner on Sat but yes I'll bring car snacks and drinks. Yes I will be packing a pillow and my Ipod and I'm calling the back seat now. LOL
Can't wait!

Stopping for lunch and dinner is fine with me. I know all sorts of places depending on your appetites and if ya have money left for food once we finish stamp store shopping.
__________________
Cindy

CindyL is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2009, 10:03 AM   #1148  
Stazon Splitcoast
 
CindyL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 20,438
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by ms.rhettaView Post
Stopping for lunch would be good. I'm planning to bring a sharpie so if you guys want we can put our names on packages.

Off to lunch!

Another idea we do instead of the sharpie is use the grocery store reusable bags that they sell. We each bring our own to put our goodies in, so we aren't digging thru stuff when it's time to unpack, and everyone's stuff is all together. And when you are taking it in the house, your DH thinks ya only have one bag of stuff since that is all he sees.
__________________
Cindy

CindyL is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2009, 10:04 AM   #1149  
Forum Fanatic
 
Kathi127's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: In a Kennel in MD!
Posts: 9,447
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by CindyLView Post
Stopping for lunch and dinner is fine with me. I know all sorts of places depending on your appetites and if ya have money left for food once we finish stamp store shopping.
Oh don't worry, I always have money for food!
__________________
Kathi

Stampin' Up! Demonstrator


Kathi127 is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2009, 10:05 AM   #1150  
Forum Fanatic
 
Kathi127's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: In a Kennel in MD!
Posts: 9,447
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by CindyLView Post
Another idea we do instead of the sharpie is use the grocery store reusable bags that they sell. We each bring our own to put our goodies in, so we aren't digging thru stuff when it's time to unpack, and everyone's stuff is all together. And when you are taking it in the house, your DH thinks ya only have one bag of stuff since that is all he sees.
Good thinking, Cindy!!!!
__________________
Kathi

Stampin' Up! Demonstrator


Kathi127 is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2009, 10:06 AM   #1151  
Stazon Splitcoast
 
CindyL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 20,438
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathi127View Post
I think stopping for lunch is definitely the way to go and having breakfast goodies in the van in the am for sure! I can stop at Dunkin Donuts and pick us up donuts on my way that morning unless you'd rather have muffins. Just let me know!

Ok, if they have toilets like ours they have running water, but do they have electricity? I've always heard that they don't. But they must have it in their stores, correct?

My great aunt and uncle raised 13 kids on a farm in Carroll County and had no indoor bathroom, only an outhouse for all the years the kids were home. They finally got an indoor toilet when they sold the farm after all the kids left and moved to a little house up the road. By that time they were in their 80's.

Yes to running water; no to electric. Their stores use propane for the lights and some use generators to run other things. The propane lamps get really warm, so they don't keep them on unless you can't see things. Same as they use in their homes. And I'm gonna warn you - some of their homes are drop dead gorgeous - homes that I'd love to live in especially L&L up in Ephrata. I can't wait to see your jaws drop when you see her new place.
__________________
Cindy

CindyL is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2009, 10:07 AM   #1152  
Stazon Splitcoast
 
CindyL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 20,438
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmandaWView Post
I do get car sick really easy should be fun!

Who's bringing the barf bags???? Ewwwww!
__________________
Cindy

CindyL is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2009, 10:08 AM   #1153  
Forum Fanatic
 
Kathi127's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: In a Kennel in MD!
Posts: 9,447
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by CindyLView Post
Yes to running water; no to electric. Their stores use propane for the lights and some use generators to run other things. The propane lamps get really warm, so they don't keep them on unless you can't see things. Same as they use in their homes. And I'm gonna warn you - some of their homes are drop dead gorgeous - homes that I'd love to live in especially L&L up in Ephrata. I can't wait to see your jaws drop when you see her new place.
I can't wait, I'm getting more excited by the day! This is going to be so much fun! Will we be going in their homes or just seeing them from the outside?
__________________
Kathi

Stampin' Up! Demonstrator


Kathi127 is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2009, 10:15 AM   #1154  
Stazon Splitcoast
 
CindyL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 20,438
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathi127View Post
I can't wait, I'm getting more excited by the day! This is going to be so much fun! Will we be going in their homes or just seeing them from the outside?
Some stores are in separate shed type buildings. Some are in their basements. We'll go in Rachel's house, but you won't see much of it - just a quick little bit to get to her shop.

Every time I go up here, I'm like that. It's our home away from home of Baltimore's hustle & bustle and crime. That's why we enjoy camping up there - our escape.
__________________
Cindy

CindyL is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2009, 10:22 AM   #1155  
Forum Fanatic
 
Kathi127's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: In a Kennel in MD!
Posts: 9,447
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by CindyLView Post
Some stores are in separate shed type buildings. Some are in their basements. We'll go in Rachel's house, but you won't see much of it - just a quick little bit to get to her shop.

Every time I go up here, I'm like that. It's our home away from home of Baltimore's hustle & bustle and crime. That's why we enjoy camping up there - our escape.
I know what you mean, we usually head down to the Shenandoah Valley to escape the rat race up here. We have a favorite campground down near Staunton, VA. We camped up near Lancaster a few years ago, don't remember the name of the campground now though and rode our bikes all around the area, it was really nice. We're definitely going to have to check out your campground sometime!
__________________
Kathi

Stampin' Up! Demonstrator


Kathi127 is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2009, 11:26 AM   #1156  
Stazon Splitcoast
 
MelenaPrincess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Westminster, MD
Posts: 18,419
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Anne Arundle County Girls please be safe and take cover. Tornadoes are likely toward the water. We have only had a few light sprinkles today, but there are downed electrical lines near Photoscraps.
__________________
MelenaPrincess is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2009, 11:34 AM   #1157  
Insane Embellisher
 
devonsmom98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Fort Drum, NY
Posts: 983
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Wouldn't a tornado be just a wonderful addition to my lovely stressed week!! LOL!!!!!!
__________________
~Cherie
devonsmom98 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2009, 11:42 AM   #1158  
Stazon Splitcoast
 
MelenaPrincess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Westminster, MD
Posts: 18,419
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

If it makes you feel any better, even with all the hurricanes and stuff we had while living there, there have not been any tornadoes On POST since before 1996.
__________________
MelenaPrincess is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2009, 11:49 AM   #1159  
Watercolor Wizard
 
EmGee458's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: On the beautiful Chesapeake Bay
Posts: 11,737
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by MelenaPrincessView Post
If it makes you feel any better, even with all the hurricanes and stuff we had while living there, there have not been any tornadoes On POST since before 1996.
Yes, and I remember the last one well- blew through Ft. Meade right toward Pasadena....not a pretty sight! The tornado warning is for south county down toward Dunkirk and Chesapeake Beach...I think we're okay in our area.
__________________
Mary
My Blog
EmGee458 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2009, 12:01 PM   #1160  
Insane Embellisher
 
devonsmom98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Fort Drum, NY
Posts: 983
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Rain would be a nice thing, though. Some more steady rain like we had yesterday. I still haven't bought new hoses, so, the rain is much appreciated.
Off to clean some more.
__________________
~Cherie
devonsmom98 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Reply





Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off