Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-26-2009, 12:12 PM   #921  
Crimping Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LOL yeah by the time I get to 32 I will probably just be twitching in a corner somewhere hahahahahaha...........yeah for my bday she ordered me some copics, stole some I had ordered myself, and stole my existing ones...the only ones I have left are the ones i left at tracy's LOL thank goodness they are my flesh colored ones! So I will get them back I just have to wait!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2009, 12:14 PM   #922  
Pearl-ExPert

hey, we've been married 11 years too!.

and Tangerine Tango sounds delish.. I may have to take you up on that offer. still waiting on a response from Trarcy but I am hoping to be up on Base Tues or Thursday to get stuff( lab work) done so maybe she'd be willing to swing by your place too.

now since it's Sunday I have to wait until tomorrow for my real gallery pic to download with all the deets but I couldn't wait to share this one. Mary I LOVE this set and I MUST have it. Curse my promise to John to NOT buy anything else until Christmas. I stamped off a bunch of images but I may just hold it for ransom anyway.....

Oh yeah, and my Plain Jane ribbon challenge submission..

Loretta I think your clown is darling even though I hate clowns, and Mary I adore your Mexican Fiesta Hee Haw !
Attached Thumbnails
Maryland Anyone...........? II-ahoy.jpg   Maryland Anyone...........? II-fmc1.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2009, 12:14 PM   #923  
Pearl-ExPert

Stacy;

Glad you're home! Nana a copic theif? Oh the shame!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2009, 12:16 PM   #924  
Insane Embellisher

Stacy, welcome back...Um, I didn't order any more Scentsy - but you can pawn it off on me!!!!! As far as my PC order, if it is in - anytime is good for me. Let me know if you want me to come get it, or whichever.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2009, 12:18 PM   #925  
Watercolor Wizard

DM- I'm in no rush for the set- and if I need it, I know where you live!
LOVE the card you made using it! That star ribbon is perfect!!!!

Your ribbon challenge card turned out cute, too! So far, everyone has done a great job with this challenge! We should do this more often!!

Mary

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrsjvbView Post
hey, we've been married 11 years too!.

and Tangerine Tango sounds delish.. I may have to take you up on that offer. still waiting on a response from Trarcy but I am hoping to be up on Base Tues or Thursday to get stuff( lab work) done so maybe she'd be willing to swing by your place too.

now since it's Sunday I have to wait until tomorrow for my real gallery pic to download with all the deets but I couldn't wait to share this one. Mary I LOVE this set and I MUST have it. Curse my promise to John to NOT buy anything else until Christmas. I stamped off a bunch of images but I may just hold it for ransom anyway.....

Loretta I think your clown is darling even though I hate clowns, and Mary I adore your Mexican Fiesta Hee Haw !
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2009, 12:19 PM   #926  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emerald77View Post
LOL yeah by the time I get to 32 I will probably just be twitching in a corner somewhere hahahahahaha...........yeah for my bday she ordered me some copics, stole some I had ordered myself, and stole my existing ones...the only ones I have left are the ones i left at tracy's LOL thank goodness they are my flesh colored ones! So I will get them back I just have to wait!!
But just think- by then ALL the girls will be out on their own- it'll just be you and DH to do whatever whenever you want!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2009, 01:06 PM   #927  
Stazon Splitcoast

Heck, I'm looking forward for 10 more years when we can leave the house without a baby sitter.
Old 07-26-2009, 01:10 PM   #928  
Pearl-ExPert

ahh the joys of being Child Free.. only time I need a sitter is when we are gone longer than ten days( the litter boxes get full by then and the food tends to run low.)

I am starting to put together lists and whatnot for the trip.. does anybody want Scrap stuff from either the Cruise ship or the Parks? I remember seeing a LOT of variety when we where at WDW last time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2009, 01:19 PM   #929  
Glitter Guru

Welcome back Stacy! Have you had a chance to work on that challenge I gave you/heard from 'them' regarding exchanging the stamps?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2009, 01:27 PM   #930  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmGee458View Post
Cute card. What did you use to emboss the green paper? Those flowers are really cute.
It is a sizzix embossing folder, with flowers, but I don't remember the name of it.

Hugs!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2009, 01:32 PM   #931  
Pearl-ExPert

Default Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrsjvbView Post

I just adore clowns, and the google eyes, hey I just didn't seem to know how to say no!

Hope every one is well, where the heck is our rain?!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2009, 01:41 PM   #932  
Pearl-ExPert

Default A Card class, the never ending card August 8 in my home

Hello ladies;

After some discussion with many of you, I thought it would be fun to host the never ending card class in my home on August 8.

I can handle about 8 people at once and we can break this down to two sessions if necessary.

You would need to bring a basic stamping kit, scissors, adhesives, redliner tape, etc. Paper trimmer and scoring tool. If you'd like, bring themed stamps. But trust me I have plenty of rubber to share. You don't even need to bring card stock, I have plenty.

Time: 10:00a until 1 with a break for lunch (probally pizza at a shared cost)
Cost: Nothing -- I'd rather you guys spend your money on stamps. My only request is that you kindly help me to clean up once we are finished with the class. We will be using copic markers to color our images, so if you have some bring them along.

1. Jeannene

Session two if necessary 2:00p until 5:00p

Stamp Happy!

Last edited by ms.rhetta; 07-27-2009 at 05:59 AM.. Reason: adding players
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2009, 02:10 PM   #933  
Crimping Master

Quote:

But just think- by then ALL the girls will be out on their own- it'll just be you and DH to do whatever whenever you want!
no my luck I will end up one of these poor moms with teenagers and an oopsie baby comes along LOL Then I would have to start alll over again!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2009, 02:15 PM   #934  
Crimping Master

J - I have not heard/seen them yet...their stamps went postal on Friday though so hopefully we see something this week or next...I may send her another email since that seems to be the way to get her to reply
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2009, 02:59 PM   #935  
Watercolor Wizard

My Hambo order should be mailed tomorrow and since they're only in Richmond I should get it by Wednesday!! I ordered the butt-crack stamper...couldn't resist! Also got a couple 'seconds'- they're perfect except they're just the rubber...hey for 50 cents and $1.00 I can mount 'em!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2009, 02:59 PM   #936  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

no my luck I will end up one of these poor moms with teenagers and an oopsie baby comes along LOL Then I would have to start alll over again!
Ooopsie babies are the best kids though
Old 07-26-2009, 03:02 PM   #937  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by ms.rhettaView Post
Hello ladies;

After some discussion with many of you, I thought it would be fun to host the never ending card class in my home on August 8.

I can handle about 8 people at once and we can break this down to two sessions if necessary.

You would need to bring a basic stamping kit, scissors, adhesives, redliner tape, etc. Paper trimmer and scoring tool. If you'd like, bring themed stamps. But trust me I have plenty of rubber to share. You don't even need to bring card stock, I have plenty.

Time: 10:00a until 1 with a break for lunch (probally pizza at a shared cost)
Cost: Nothing -- I'd rather you guys spend your money on stamps. My only request is that you kindly help me to clean up once we are finished with the class. We will be using copic markers to color our images, so if you have some bring them along.

Session two if necessary 2:00p until 5:00p

Stamp Happy!
Sounds like fun. Count me in please! Thanks!

Last edited by jtax; 07-26-2009 at 04:46 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2009, 05:51 PM   #938  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by MelenaPrincessView Post
have you MET Me?! I was an oopsie... I was sick my entire childhood, in and out of hospitals and wheelchairs.. I was the WORST kid.. although my younger brother does have the record for most stitches. ( he was planned).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2009, 06:49 PM   #939  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

That's me! I came along nearly 12 years after my brother! So we were both only children!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2009, 07:05 PM   #940  
Stazon Splitcoast

I am 7 years younger then my next youngest sister and nearly 21 years younger than my oldest brother. My parents celebrated the fact that all 6 kids were in school all day (2 in college) in September and I was born in May
Old 07-26-2009, 07:09 PM   #941  
Forum Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Goodness, I am gone from here for 24 hrs. and I have a lot of catching up to do! You girls have been very chatty today!

Everyone has done a great job with their challenge cards, they are all too cute! Hopefully my ribbon will come tomorrow and I can get started on my card!

Stacy, Happy Anniversary! Sounds like you and hubby had a great time! And glad everything was in one piece at the house when you got back!

Y'all are not gonna believe this but we were gone today for a very short period of time to Home Depot to look for a new patio set (ours got smashed in a storm last year). When we left it was nice and sunny, blue sky, no sign of a storm. We're in the store waiting to pay for the patio set and all of a sudden I hear thunder and it's pouring rain! Of course panic sets in because Rusty is home by himself (well, not really but no humans). We drive like hell to get home, worried sick the whole time! We get in the house and no dogs greet us, I'm thinking Rusty busted out a window or something and they're all gone! All of a sudden, here they all come up from the basement! LOL There was not a thing destroyed or messed up or anything! That's the first time we've ever had a storm and he hasn't done anything! Talk about overjoyed!!! We still can't believe it! But we're still not taking any chances and leaving him home alone. Maybe the thunder wasn't loud enough to really scare him too badly, but he was panting very heavily so he was somewhat anxious. But my boy did good!

Stampin' Up! Demonstrator

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2009, 07:16 PM   #942  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

I am 7 years younger then my next youngest sister and nearly 21 years younger than my oldest brother. My parents celebrated the fact that all 6 kids were in school all day (2 in college) in September and I was born in May
My only brother is nearly 10 years older than me...I was going into 3rd grade when he left for college...it was like I was an only child and he was some guy that came home for holidays!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2009, 07:18 PM   #943  
Watercolor Wizard

Whew, glad everything was okay! We never had a storm at all today- it got very dark and menacing but no rain...looks like north of Baltimore got it pretty bad. Where does Cindy live? The damage I saw was around Reisterstown...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathi127View Post
Goodness, I am gone from here for 24 hrs. and I have a lot of catching up to do! You girls have been very chatty today!

Everyone has done a great job with their challenge cards, they are all too cute! Hopefully my ribbon will come tomorrow and I can get started on my card!

Stacy, Happy Anniversary! Sounds like you and hubby had a great time! And glad everything was in one piece at the house when you got back!

Y'all are not gonna believe this but we were gone today for a very short period of time to Home Depot to look for a new patio set (ours got smashed in a storm last year). When we left it was nice and sunny, blue sky, no sign of a storm. We're in the store waiting to pay for the patio set and all of a sudden I hear thunder and it's pouring rain! Of course panic sets in because Rusty is home by himself (well, not really but no humans). We drive like hell to get home, worried sick the whole time! We get in the house and no dogs greet us, I'm thinking Rusty busted out a window or something and they're all gone! All of a sudden, here they all come up from the basement! LOL There was not a thing destroyed or messed up or anything! That's the first time we've ever had a storm and he hasn't done anything! Talk about overjoyed!!! We still can't believe it! But we're still not taking any chances and leaving him home alone. Maybe the thunder wasn't loud enough to really scare him too badly, but he was panting very heavily so he was somewhat anxious. But my boy did good!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2009, 07:27 PM   #944  
Hardware Hotshot

Oh man! So of you already finished your challenge cards...better get busy. Trying to make crab apple butter right now, waiting for water to boil.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2009, 07:35 PM   #945  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Whew, glad everything was okay! We never had a storm at all today- it got very dark and menacing but no rain...looks like north of Baltimore got it pretty bad. Where does Cindy live? The damage I saw was around Reisterstown...
Yes, in watching the news apparently it was much worse north of here. I think Cindy lives in the Perry Hall area but I'm not sure. Cindy, are you ok????

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2009, 07:36 PM   #946  
Stazon Splitcoast

We had a couple of nasty storms come through today. We had a few REALLY loud thunder cracks tonight which made me light candles just in case we lost electricity. Thankfully, each storm only lasted a short time and then cleared up again.
Old 07-26-2009, 07:42 PM   #947  
Stazon Splitcoast

Yay for a non-destructive Rusty! I know I jumped out of my skin and held my breath that the kids wouldn't wake up.
Old 07-27-2009, 03:02 AM   #948  
Watercolor Wizard

'Morning...UGH, it's back to work for me this week...BUT, only for 4 days, then I'm off for 12 more! I DO love summers!

Hope you all have a fun day!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2009, 04:19 AM   #949  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

'Morning...UGH, it's back to work for me this week...BUT, only for 4 days, then I'm off for 12 more! I DO love summers!

Hope you all have a fun day!
I have GOT to get a job with the county! LOL It's back to work for me too, for the next 5 years!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2009, 04:44 AM   #950  
Insane Embellisher

Tracy, you needing more apples??? My yard needs cleaning LOL!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2009, 04:49 AM   #951  
Polyshrink Goddess

Hi Everyone. How's everyone doing? Bad Storms this weekend. One thunder crack sounded like it hit our house and then rumbled on for a full minute. DH almost had to peel me off the floor-and I'm NOT skittish.

Mary glad Rusty did OK.

Cherie- Sorry- I don't have that image you were asking about.

Stacy- Welcome back & Happy Anniversary.

Loretta- I can't make your class. Good luck though- sounds like fun.

DM- Thanks for the RAK! You're very sweet.

Amanda- Sorry I missed the challenge. I might create my own anyway.

Kimme- Voted for your layout- really cute!

Tracy- How did your Jam come out?

To anyone else I missed- have a great day.
Michelle
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2009, 04:50 AM   #952  
Polyshrink Goddess

I just love everyone's card challenge cards! They are tunring out great!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2009, 06:04 AM   #953  
Pearl-ExPert

Crab appple butter sounds interesting, Tracy, what do you use it in/for?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2009, 06:17 AM   #954  
Pearl-ExPert

had no idea you could make apple butter out of crabapples.

I LOVE apple butter(think extra thick applesauce/not quite as solid as jam or jelly, Loretta. divine on toast or english muffins)

John is the middle child and Only Boy. he came home from his Freshman year of college to find Mom preggers with the youngest daughter. his son is only 4 years younger than his Aunt Heather.

Loretta, I need to wait a bit before committing.. the date is right around a possible homecoming range...

Think I will be lazy today.. maybe grant some WRAKs. awfully humid and I had a very hard time getting out of bed.. massively stiff.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2009, 06:25 AM   #955  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

I have GOT to get a job with the county! LOL It's back to work for me too, for the next 5 years!
Kathi, one of our secretaries will be retiring in at the end of the 2010 calendar year. Maybe you should get your application in to the board soon!
I'd LOVE to work with you!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2009, 06:27 AM   #956  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by tracyltrippView Post
Oh man! So of you already finished your challenge cards...better get busy. Trying to make crab apple butter right now, waiting for water to boil.
Never tried crab apple butter but I LOVE regular apple butter!!! I usually get mine at Baugher's. I'm not ambitious enough to make my own! Tracy- you're my hero!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2009, 06:49 AM   #957  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

J - I have not heard/seen them yet...their stamps went postal on Friday though so hopefully we see something this week or next...I may send her another email since that seems to be the way to get her to reply
So sorry this is such a pain for you. Thanks for following through!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2009, 06:51 AM   #958  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

So glad Rusty and your house were ok during the storm!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2009, 07:01 AM   #959  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Hi All! House was standing and all kids alive and well!!!! Sorry I disappeared again hubby and I took off yesterday and went to six flags to ride the rides we never get a chance to, we went to a wonderful dinner at Bamian, and then went to see that new movie out with Katherine Hiegl....Overall a great day! I cant believe we have been married 11 years, makes me feel OLD!!! Lets see If I can recreate my oh so long post that got lost when comcast booted me!!!

I am sooo happy to see others enjoying Hambo!!! I cannot get enough of their stamps and the customer service is AWESOME!!!!!! Also be sure to ask her to put you on the emailing list!!!

Pampered Chef Came in so I have goodies for some of you (you know who you are LOL) PM me with a good time to meet up!!!

Cherie - I have your Scentsy stuff - PM me with a good time/place to meet up!!

I got the new Scentsy smell for next month Tangerine Tango....I am offering free samples - PM me if you want me to swing one by!!! If anyone has a scent they want me to stock up on let me know and I will be glad to keep some on hand

Ribbon Challenge! I want in!!!! Amanda that ribbon so looks like rainbow brite LOL but i have the perfect stamp set I want to use with it and I have been wanting to play with! Of course nana stole my copics so it should be interesting!!!!

Amanda - did you see the soundoff about your vandalism! Also thanx for christening me Spacy...unfortunately not the first I have heard it LOL my best bud still calls me spacy stacy at times!
Amish Trip I would LOVE to go but I cant =( Hubby's bday is the 2nd so we will probably do something for him and I am broke with birthdays and anniversarys hitting me from all angles LOL

Whew! Glad to be back and I will try to keep up now =0)

REALLY?! No I didn't do you still have it I would love to read it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2009, 07:34 AM   #960  
Polyshrink Goddess

If you like to work from card sketches- I came across this blog where she posts sketches and samples. I'm just getting into it- don't know why I haven't used sketches before. It makes life so much easier. Anyway- here is the blog

http://pinkpiggysketches.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote Likes