Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-20-2009, 02:23 PM   #681  
Forum Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmGee458View Post
Tracy and I are meeting up on Friday so she can give me my SU order. We thought maybe we'd make it a lunch out- anyone interested in a Girls' Lunch out on Friday at 11:30? Let us know if you'd like to meet up with us...AND where you might like to eat...there are SO many options that I can't decide. I was thinking Rocky Run in the Marley Station Mall, but if you have a better suggestion, let me know!

Hope you can join us!
I sure wish I could but unfortunately I really need to be at work this week! I love Rocky Run!

Stampin' Up! Demonstrator

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2009, 02:30 PM   #682  
Forum Fanatic

Amanda, I'm so sorry about what happened!! That is just too scary!! I'm just glad the boys were not in the room at the time! You can always borrow our Yellow Lab Sadie, she sounds really ferocious when she barks (the mailman wouldn't deliver our mail at our old house if she was out in the yard) but she's really a big lovebug. I hope they catch the little punks, someone could have really gotten hurt!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2009, 02:48 PM   #683  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathi127View Post
I sure wish I could but unfortunately I really need to be at work this week! I love Rocky Run!
Yeah, working really is the pits, huh?? BUT ya' gotta work to buy stamps!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2009, 03:48 PM   #684  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmandaWView Post
Hello Ladies

Well I think I'm going to try and sell the story of my life to a Soap.... Wanna hear the latest in the Amanda saga? To bad I'm going to tell you anyway.

Last night I was on the sofa eating a Pop Tart and talking to Tracy on the phone it's like 10:30 pm so Keith and the boys are asleep. I hear a load crash you know like a lot of glass breaking. So I start running around the house looking for what broke (thinking THAT DAMN CAT) I hear Keith come running out of the bedroom so I knew it wasn't he who broke something so I tell Tracy call ya back. So I ran to the Boy's room the are still sleeping nothing broke in there I open the playroom door and found a room full of glass (not being dramatic really a room FULL of glass). So DH grabs a Baseball bat and runs outside I call Tracy and have her call the cops because I can't find my phone book for the military police (don't know why 911 didn't cross my mind) so she does that and with in 5 min my n/hood is full of cops and no one see anyone! The Punk / Punks kicked a cable/phone box cover off (you know the big green ones on the ground) and carried it across my back yard and hurled it into the boy's playroom window. WTH! So much for living on post because I feel safer. Crap on McGee Ct my car was broke into and now our house. I think I can officially say WHY ME! Is it because I'm the n/hood B***H always yelling at all the little punks around here. So anyone have a large angry dog they want to get rid of? Really the only time we never had these problems is when we had Dog Alarms or in Germany and lived on the 3rd floor so the little jerks couldn't get to us.
OMG thank goodness it was teh playroom and not the boys room! That is insane that something like that can happen on base, you should hear some of the stories my mom now knows with her working with some teens from base! That is why I have Ariel....when dan's bike got stolen from our carport while I slept I decided it was time for a big dog, people definitely think twice of messing with you. I hope you are all well and they catch the heathens
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2009, 03:54 PM   #685  
Crimping Master

Hi All!!! 1st day of meeting survived =0) 3 more to go!

DM Love the jewelry!!! My hubby got me this puzzle ring from iraq that was gorgeous til I pulled the pins holding it together LOL now I have a bunch of attached rings I have to figure out one day.

Michelle! Great to see/hear from you - hope all is well!

Jeanene - AI finally contacted me today via email! I am sending back the dup set Friday and she is going ahead and mailing the right set.

Well Off I go to do a few things to prepare for tomorrow's meeting and then I am getting some SLEEP...I went to bed at 1 am and had to get up at 4:30 am to catch my flight so I am sleepy!!!

Happy Stamping to All (even if it is with my "stolen" stamps LOL)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2009, 05:00 PM   #686  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emerald77View Post
Hi All!!! 1st day of meeting survived =0) 3 more to go!

DM Love the jewelry!!! My hubby got me this puzzle ring from iraq that was gorgeous til I pulled the pins holding it together LOL now I have a bunch of attached rings I have to figure out one day.

Michelle! Great to see/hear from you - hope all is well!

Jeanene - AI finally contacted me today via email! I am sending back the dup set Friday and she is going ahead and mailing the right set.

Well Off I go to do a few things to prepare for tomorrow's meeting and then I am getting some SLEEP...I went to bed at 1 am and had to get up at 4:30 am to catch my flight so I am sleepy!!!

Happy Stamping to All (even if it is with my "stolen" stamps LOL)
WooHoo! So sorry you have had to go through so much for this! Thanks! Let me know when resolved. I will be back sometime early August - maybe even late July. DD has a friend who is deploying and they are having a party for him which she and her DH will come uo from Ft Bragg to attend. We would love to see her, so we may be coming back a tad early!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2009, 05:02 PM   #687  
Glitter Guru

WOW Amanda! What a scary event you have been through - I am so sorry! Hop you/the MPs get this solved!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2009, 05:09 PM   #688  
Glitter Guru

We took a long drive today to take my mom to visit a long time friend. When the friends are 89 and 94 you have to get them together any chance you get, as you never know if you will get another chance! They had a great visit, but mom is tired and headed off to bed... I am hoping for some stamping time tonight...I was able to make three cards last night! Still working on those invites for DD (185 are 1/2 way done! Everything is now cut, bottom two layers attached and gold bows tied and attached) Still need to do the heat embossing and then attach these to the bottom layers, then do the RSVP cards and menu cards...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2009, 05:52 PM   #689  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by jtaxView Post
We took a long drive today to take my mom to visit a long time friend. When the friends are 89 and 94 you have to get them together any chance you get, as you never know if you will get another chance! They had a great visit, but mom is tired and headed off to bed... I am hoping for some stamping time tonight...I was able to make three cards last night! Still working on those invites for DD (185 are 1/2 way done! Everything is now cut, bottom two layers attached and gold bows tied and attached) Still need to do the heat embossing and then attach these to the bottom layers, then do the RSVP cards and menu cards...
I fear with 4 girls they are going to get store bought cards That is so cool though that you are doing that for her!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2009, 06:04 PM   #690  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emerald77View Post
I fear with 4 girls they are going to get store bought cards That is so cool though that you are doing that for her!!
When DS got married I was able to make the invites for the rehearsal dinner, but that was it...anyway, I doubt I could have pleased her...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2009, 06:06 PM   #691  
Watercolor Wizard

So far we have Tracy, DM, Paula and me for lunch on Friday. Anyone else?? Good food and BETTER company!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2009, 06:26 PM   #692  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

So far we have Tracy, DM, Paula and me for lunch on Friday. Anyone else?? Good food and BETTER company!
Wishing I could join you guys! Know you will have a grand time. Have fun!

Hoping that DH and I will be getting ready for a "cruise" with a lobster dinner aboard the boat (we won't make reservations until we see what the weather is that day!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2009, 07:11 PM   #693  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by jtaxView Post
Wishing I could join you guys! Know you will have a grand time. Have fun!

Hoping that DH and I will be getting ready for a "cruise" with a lobster dinner aboard the boat (we won't make reservations until we see what the weather is that day!)
I hope you have better weather than we did! Even with the nasty weather, the lobster was STILL delicious!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2009, 04:05 AM   #694  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Trying to talk Cherie and Amanda into coming.lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2009, 04:10 AM   #695  
Pearl-ExPert

arm twisting, maybe?!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2009, 04:11 AM   #696  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by tracyltrippView Post
Trying to talk Cherie and Amanda into coming.lol
I will go...Happy now?! LOL!!!!! I am t-i-r-e-d!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have fun today. I hope to be able to go next time. Sniffle snort snort.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2009, 04:43 AM   #697  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by devonsmom98View Post
I will go...Happy now?! LOL!!!!! I am t-i-r-e-d!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have fun today. I hope to be able to go next time. Sniffle snort snort.
Yeah! I finally get to meet Cherie! Oh, Aaammmaaannndddaaaa.......
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2009, 05:23 AM   #698  
Pearl-ExPert

cruise" with a lobster dinner aboard the boat (we won't make reservations until we see what the weather is that day!)
Okay Jeanene, that is just about enough! Every time you mention food, I want to be there, eating, enjoying the ocean and relaxing! I miss it so much. I hope you are having a great time and from your posts, it certainly sounds like you are. Miss you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2009, 06:45 AM   #699  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

I hope you have better weather than we did! Even with the nasty weather, the lobster was STILL delicious!
We won't go unless the weather is good. It is only a dinner/sunset cruise, so we can choose the day at almost the last minute...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2009, 06:50 AM   #700  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by harrahx2View Post
cruise" with a lobster dinner aboard the boat (we won't make reservations until we see what the weather is that day!)
Okay Jeanene, that is just about enough! Every time you mention food, I want to be there, eating, enjoying the ocean and relaxing! I miss it so much. I hope you are having a great time and from your posts, it certainly sounds like you are. Miss you!
This one's for you Jane -- today the tides are extra low. DH is planning to go out into the mudflats (which are usually far under water) and pick up some mussels to steam as part of our dinner tonight. However it is too cool to eat on the deck - low 60s. Wish you were here to join in the fun... Sorry!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2009, 07:48 AM   #701  
Compulsive Stamper

Talking Cranberry Walnut Cake

Hi there all.
Some asked for the cranberry walnut bundt cake recipe.
This is a recipe that lcmccaslin from a baltimore swap shared on a thread and below is the recipe with some of my "embellishments" in () as I tend to add more till the cake bursts.
Hope all are doing well.
Sara

CAPE COD CRANBERRY NUT COFFEE CAKE

1 stick butter
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup sour cream (breakstone (red container), not daisy b/c everytime I see it I get that stupid jingle in my head plus I find it to be too wet...)
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon almond flavoring (I add about 1 tsp more)
1 16-oz. Can whole berry cranberry sauce (I use 2 14 oz cans)
1 cup chopped walnuts (I like 1-1/2 cups..)
¾ cup confectioners’ sugar (for topping) (I double the icing topping for the top. I make one serving for the bottom. So in all you will need 2 and 1/4 cups)

Preheat oven to 350.
Cream butter and add sugar gradually (I have done this with mixer and by hand and by hand is just as good).
Add unbeaten eggs one at a time.

In separate bowl, mix baking powder, baking soda, flour and salt.
Add to egg mixture alternately with sour cream.

Add the almond flavoring and 1/2-3/4 cup of the walnuts.

Grease and flour well a tube or bundt cake pan (this is important).
Put a layer of batter in the bottom of pan. [I put a few dollops of cranberry down first, not a lot b/c it can burn but some dollops]. My first layer is a thin layer of batter. Then add about ½ can of the cranberry sauce and spread evenly and sprinkle walnuts on top of cranberries. Repeat layers ( I usually do 3) and add remaining cranberry sauce on top. Sprinkle with remaining walnuts.

Bake in a 350-degree oven for 55 minutes. Remove from pan after cooling five minutes. (***before I remove from pan I poke some holes in cake so icing can seep in and make one batch of the topping: 3/4 c confec sugar, 1 to 1 1/2 tbsp warm water and 3/4 tsp of almond flavoring) and pour over what will be the bottom of the cake.
I then take a cookie sheet, put down a layer of foil, and on top of that a layer of wax paper. I place this face down on bundt pan (so wax paper is touching the cake side. And I flip the cake over and remove the bundt pan.)
Then I mix more topping and drizzle on top of the cake…well I don't really drizzle it, I slather it So I start out making one batch of topping and pour it on cake and then as I see fit make another batch.
I have found if I try to mix a double batch of topping at once it gets too hard too fast so I don't recommend doing this.

Topping

Mix well ¾ cup confectioners’ sugar, 1 tablespoon of warm water and 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon of almond flavoring. Add 1/2 tbsp of more warm water if icing is too thick.

EAT until full, and then eat more

Last edited by whatapickle; 07-21-2009 at 09:46 AM.. Reason: change word
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2009, 07:57 AM   #702  
Pearl-ExPert

HI everyone;

We are home. Great trip!

I should be able to join you guys for lunch Friday, just send the details please.

Tracy; Thank you for the adorable card (you should submitt this one!) note and letter they are much appreciated.

Hi Sara, thanks for the recipe, that sounds yummy.

I won't be on much today we are going to entertain Mike's co-worker and family he leaves for Afganistan tonight. Mike still may deploy we just don't know much at this point. This way he doesn't have to sit around and wait at the airport and he can spend time with wife/kids!

Catch you all soon. Please pray for me as well, I came home from our wonderful trip and have a bit of a sore throat!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2009, 08:18 AM   #703  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by ms.rhettaView Post
HI everyone;

We are home. Great trip!

I should be able to join you guys for lunch Friday, just send the details please.

Tracy; Thank you for the adorable card (you should submitt this one!) note and letter they are much appreciated.

I won't be on much today we are going to entertain Mike's co-worker and family he leaves for Afganistan tonight. Mike still may deploy we just don't know much at this point. This way he doesn't have to sit around and wait at the airport and he can spend time with wife/kids!

Catch you all soon. Please pray for me as well, I came home from our wonderful trip and have a bit of a sore throat!
Loretta, I PMd you lunch details!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2009, 10:30 AM   #704  
Pearl-ExPert

Thanks Mary! Should be able to make it!

Rocky Run, think I need a designated driver... umm !
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2009, 10:32 AM   #705  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by ms.rhettaView Post
HI everyone;

We are home. Great trip!

Glad you didn't take it the wrong way, but I'm tired of the crap and things needed to be said.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2009, 10:32 AM   #706  
Pearl-ExPert

one good thing about not having a DL.. I ALWAYS have a built in DD.. heheheheh
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2009, 11:09 AM   #707  
Gallery Gazer

One more for lunch on Friday please. Tracy I'll drive...you drove today so it's my turn. Cherie wanna carpool?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2009, 11:10 AM   #708  
Gallery Gazer

I need a head count for the Amish stamp store tour. Need to make gifts.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2009, 11:27 AM   #709  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

One more for lunch on Friday please. Tracy I'll drive...you drove today so it's my turn. Cherie wanna carpool?
Yes, please Let me know when we'll be burning the rubber
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2009, 11:28 AM   #710  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

This is when I am gone, right? Sniffle snort snort...Seeing a pattern here...LOL!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2009, 11:29 AM   #711  
Insane Embellisher

Talking Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Sara, thank you soooooo much, for the recipe. It was soooooooo good!! Hopefully, it tastes 1/2 as good as yours! Thanks, again!!! Can't wait to try and make it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2009, 12:03 PM   #712  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by devonsmom98View Post
Yes, please Let me know when we'll be burning the rubber
I'll pick you up at 11am. Can't wait we need to stop by that store Great Scraps that your always talking about.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2009, 12:16 PM   #713  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

I'll pick you up at 11am. Can't wait we need to stop by that store Great Scraps that your always talking about.
They are open til 10pm on Fridays! Well, midnight, really, as they do Friday crops 7p-12m...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2009, 12:17 PM   #714  
Insane Embellisher

Thank you, Tracy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wonderful stuffs, thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~ Cherie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2009, 12:36 PM   #715  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Are you going on Aug 1? If so, I can not go as we will just be getting back and I will still have mom with us. I would like to come by sometime that weekend to get out Scentsy stuff.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2009, 12:39 PM   #716  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Yeah!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2009, 02:03 PM   #717  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

I'm still on!!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2009, 02:05 PM   #718  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by whatapickleView Post
Hi there all.
Some asked for the cranberry walnut bundt cake recipe.
This is a recipe that lcmccaslin from a baltimore swap shared on a thread and below is the recipe with some of my "embellishments" in () as I tend to add more till the cake bursts.
Hope all are doing well.
Sara

CAPE COD CRANBERRY NUT COFFEE CAKE

1 stick butter
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup sour cream (breakstone (red container), not daisy b/c everytime I see it I get that stupid jingle in my head plus I find it to be too wet...)
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon almond flavoring (I add about 1 tsp more)
1 16-oz. Can whole berry cranberry sauce (I use 2 14 oz cans)
1 cup chopped walnuts (I like 1-1/2 cups..)
¾ cup confectioners’ sugar (for topping) (I double the icing topping for the top. I make one serving for the bottom. So in all you will need 2 and 1/4 cups)

Preheat oven to 350.
Cream butter and add sugar gradually (I have done this with mixer and by hand and by hand is just as good).
Add unbeaten eggs one at a time.

In separate bowl, mix baking powder, baking soda, flour and salt.
Add to egg mixture alternately with sour cream.

Add the almond flavoring and 1/2-3/4 cup of the walnuts.

Grease and flour well a tube or bundt cake pan (this is important).
Put a layer of batter in the bottom of pan. [I put a few dollops of cranberry down first, not a lot b/c it can burn but some dollops]. My first layer is a thin layer of batter. Then add about ½ can of the cranberry sauce and spread evenly and sprinkle walnuts on top of cranberries. Repeat layers ( I usually do 3) and add remaining cranberry sauce on top. Sprinkle with remaining walnuts.

Bake in a 350-degree oven for 55 minutes. Remove from pan after cooling five minutes. (***before I remove from pan I poke some holes in cake so icing can seep in and make one batch of the topping: 3/4 c confec sugar, 1 to 1 1/2 tbsp warm water and 3/4 tsp of almond flavoring) and pour over what will be the bottom of the cake.
I then take a cookie sheet, put down a layer of foil, and on top of that a layer of wax paper. I place this face down on bundt pan (so wax paper is touching the cake side. And I flip the cake over and remove the bundt pan.)
Then I mix more topping and drizzle on top of the cake…well I don't really drizzle it, I slather it So I start out making one batch of topping and pour it on cake and then as I see fit make another batch.
I have found if I try to mix a double batch of topping at once it gets too hard too fast so I don't recommend doing this.

Topping

Mix well ¾ cup confectioners’ sugar, 1 tablespoon of warm water and 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon of almond flavoring. Add 1/2 tbsp of more warm water if icing is too thick.

EAT until full, and then eat more
Thanks for the recipe Sara! I love anything with cranberries!!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2009, 02:09 PM   #719  
Pearl-ExPert

I am out of the Amish trip too. I promised John no more toy shopping until after Vacation. one dinner alone at Victoria and Albert's is going to cost us $350....

Luckily I promised that AFTER I bought my last 72 pack of Copics heheheheheh

I should have them in my hands this week.. so I will have 144..all the Ciaos. That should last me,right?!

Stacy( or anyone else willing to show me) I will need some lessons on using the darn things....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2009, 02:55 PM   #720  
Pearl-ExPert

Amanda, I can't make it on the 1st. I did let Cindy know. My niece from Mass. is coming to visit. I'm sorry!
Reply With Quote Likes