Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-17-2009, 05:10 AM   #561  
Crimping Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cindy - I have your goodies

Amanda - Ali did not get in the school do you know how they work the wait list (1st come 1st serve or do they rank us by descending income value) and start at the bottom and work their way up?

All - Good Morning!!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2009, 05:42 AM   #562  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emerald77View Post
Cindy - I have your goodies

Amanda - Ali did not get in the school do you know how they work the wait list (1st come 1st serve or do they rank us by descending income value) and start at the bottom and work their way up?

All - Good Morning!!!
Stacy- is that for Pre-K in a public school? Usually Pre-K is reserved for students from lower income families or from families who don't have the 'experiences' that other families have. Once all of those children are placed, they will start going down the waitlist first come first served. Even if she doesn't get in right at the beginning of school, she could get in later in the year if someone in that particular class leaves. Good luck! Before I switched schools, I was in a Pre-K class for many years and loved it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2009, 05:44 AM   #563  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by CindyLView Post
Good morning girls! I baked zucchini bread Wednesday night and brought some into work on Thursday like I do every summer. This morning I come in here to find 2 huge zucchini on my desk with a sticky note saying "make me into bread, cuz I'm hungry". I about peed myself from laughing. These guys are nuts!

It's finally feeling like July outside. I sure hope we get the rain this afternoon. We sure do need it.

Hope everyone has a great Friday!
Oh, yummm- zucchini bread!! Isn't it funny how zucchini just seems to come out of nowhere?! I had a friend who would find baskets of zucchini on her front step, in her mailbox, in her car when she left the sunroof open...her neighbor tried to find different place to put it...the neighbor couldn't get anything else to grow in his garden but his zucchini plants thrived!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2009, 05:54 AM   #564  
Pearl-ExPert

Oh Happy Day!!!.. Brown just paid me a visit.. Drugs and stamping stuff! . stoopid drugs need to be refrigerated so I had to open THEM first....

Upon initial inspection.. the ICs are so so.. Like the razzleberry and the blue one.. but the purple and suede do nothing for me as yet. may have to see them in action first...

But since It will take most of the morning to mount my stamps I will do that first...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2009, 06:26 AM   #565  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrsjvbView Post
Oh Happy Day!!!.. Brown just paid me a visit.. Drugs and stamping stuff! . stoopid drugs need to be refrigerated so I had to open THEM first....

Upon initial inspection.. the ICs are so so.. Like the razzleberry and the blue one.. but the purple and suede do nothing for me as yet. may have to see them in action first...

But since It will take most of the morning to mount my stamps I will do that first...
Your day sounds much more exciting than mine...anyone want to run my excel files and access queries LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2009, 06:29 AM   #566  
Crimping Master

yeah it is public school on base...they do a preschool program. It is need based and they categorize everyone but I would love to know their calculations because I think there should be weightings in place. They are just looking a flat # and throwing in a pile but I guarantee my income divided out by 7 family members is WAY less than the need family with 3 members...I was a Commercial credit analyst and you have to take in other factors than the flat #'s which is what I think they are doing.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2009, 06:35 AM   #567  
Gallery Gazer

Well last year they didn't have full classes so everyone was in. About a month into the school year each class lost at least 4 kids. The p/rents were to lazy to drive them to school everyday. So just give it time a spot will open. Around Nov several kids moved so that opened even more spots.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2009, 06:36 AM   #568  
Gallery Gazer

Hope everyone has a great weekend. I'm off to call the Doc and B***h.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2009, 06:43 AM   #569  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmandaWView Post
Hope everyone has a great weekend. I'm off to call the Doc and B***h.
Good luck with the doctor, Amanda!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2009, 06:44 AM   #570  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emerald77View Post
yeah it is public school on base...they do a preschool program. It is need based and they categorize everyone but I would love to know their calculations because I think there should be weightings in place. They are just looking a flat # and throwing in a pile but I guarantee my income divided out by 7 family members is WAY less than the need family with 3 members...I was a Commercial credit analyst and you have to take in other factors than the flat #'s which is what I think they are doing.
Yeah, well, the school board doesn't think like that- because it makes sense!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2009, 07:33 AM   #571  
Pearl-ExPert

Chad did a special needs pre-school. Funded by the GA lottery. It was wonderful, Ms. Schuman was wonderful. Turned out he caught up enough in two years to start 'normal' kindergarden and had the same teacher that Craig had when he started school.

Wow to think back now. Chad had a 20 page IEP (Individualized Education program) fast forward eight years, no IEP on grade level and honor roll every makring period!

Amanda good luck with the doc, complain complain complain! Trust me a TVH or TAH is a great procedure, you'll feel so much better!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2009, 07:40 AM   #572  
Hardware Hotshot

Stacy - got your 3x3 card done and cut for. You did a wonderful job on it if I don't say so myself. Now stay off scs and WORK on your card!!!!!!!!! Do you hear the nagging in my typing? If not let me know and I'll give you a call!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2009, 08:01 AM   #573  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by tracyltrippView Post
Stacy - got your 3x3 card done and cut for. You did a wonderful job on it if I don't say so myself. Now stay off scs and WORK on your card!!!!!!!!! Do you hear the nagging in my typing? If not let me know and I'll give you a call!
LOL tell my boss that - I have about 65 label files to run for a bid roll Thank you for the fabulous job on "my" card What I need to do is teach autumn to cut paper hahahahaha
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2009, 08:08 AM   #574  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by ms.rhettaView Post
Chad did a special needs pre-school. Funded by the GA lottery. It was wonderful, Ms. Schuman was wonderful. Turned out he caught up enough in two years to start 'normal' kindergarden and had the same teacher that Craig had when he started school.

Wow to think back now. Chad had a 20 page IEP (Individualized Education program) fast forward eight years, no IEP on grade level and honor roll every makring period!
Amanda good luck with the doc, complain complain complain! Trust me a TVH or TAH is a great procedure, you'll feel so much better!
That's great!! Early identification is wonderful! I look back on some of the kids I had in ECI and see where they are now...it's just amazing! Congrats to Chad for working so hard and making the honor roll!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2009, 08:10 AM   #575  
Watercolor Wizard

Looks like we might be in for some nasty storms this afternoon- so long as the theater doesn't lose power while we're in the movie!

The weekend looks to be great!! Anyone have any big plans?? Tomorrow I'll be at the Create IT Craft shoebox swap. Sunday I'm going up to Carlisle, PA to bike week with DH...not sure if I'll ride my own or ride on the back of his new bike...either way, it should be a nice ride.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2009, 08:14 AM   #576  
Pearl-ExPert

Mary;

Storms would be good. I need to water but looks like a greater chance of afternoon storms. My poor grass looks aweful. I'm having to water all the hanging stuff twice a day and keep track of the veggies.

Mike is NOT deploying. He basically wasted his time. All over something that could have been prevented or waivered MONTHS ago!

I'm so upset, been crying last night and this morning -- sometimes when he gets jerked around it really bothers me! If this isn't bad enough, my lexie upchucked in our bed now I have ONE more thing to deal with... I need to either stamp or crawl under a rock. I think I'll stamp.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2009, 08:41 AM   #577  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Mary;

Storms would be good. I need to water but looks like a greater chance of afternoon storms. My poor grass looks aweful. I'm having to water all the hanging stuff twice a day and keep track of the veggies.

Mike is NOT deploying. He basically wasted his time. All over something that could have been prevented or waivered MONTHS ago!

I'm so upset, been crying last night and this morning -- sometimes when he gets jerked around it really bothers me! If this isn't bad enough, my lexie upchucked in our bed now I have ONE more thing to deal with... I need to either stamp or crawl under a rock. I think I'll stamp.
Loretta- sorry things didn't work out...it's just so frustrating...

Yes, stamping will be better than crawling under a rock! It's GOOD therapy and stress relief!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2009, 09:10 AM   #578  
Pearl-ExPert

Oh stamping good, I have a few of the new 3D dies from sizzix, they are coming out for play time. Mike just called about 10 min ago and the flight is at least 30 min late. He just wanted me to know he was looking forward to coming home and how much he loves me. I really needed to hear that!

On another note, praying the rain will hold off until I pick him up, I just rolled my hair and actually like it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2009, 09:25 AM   #579  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Oh stamping good, I have a few of the new 3D dies from sizzix, they are coming out for play time. Mike just called about 10 min ago and the flight is at least 30 min late. He just wanted me to know he was looking forward to coming home and how much he loves me. I really needed to hear that!

On another note, praying the rain will hold off until I pick him up, I just rolled my hair and actually like it!
Well, if your hair looks good, you KNOW it's gonna rain!!

We're off to the movies now...I hope it's good!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2009, 09:49 AM   #580  
Forum Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by CindyLView Post
Good morning girls! I baked zucchini bread Wednesday night and brought some into work on Thursday like I do every summer. This morning I come in here to find 2 huge zucchini on my desk with a sticky note saying "make me into bread, cuz I'm hungry". I about peed myself from laughing. These guys are nuts!

It's finally feeling like July outside. I sure hope we get the rain this afternoon. We sure do need it.

Hope everyone has a great Friday!
That is too funny!!! I love zucchini bread! My mom should be bringing me some from her garden soon so I can make some too!

Stampin' Up! Demonstrator

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2009, 09:57 AM   #581  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Mary;

Yes, we definitely need the rain! My flowers need watering too but I'm hoping Mother Nature will take care of that for me this afternoon! The Grandson has been given strict orders that he is not to leave the house today in case we get bad storms so Rusty doesn't go nuts and destroy the place!

Loretta, I'm so sorry things didn't work out for Mike with the deployment. But on a positive note, just remember, when God closes one door he opens another so there just may be much better things on the horizon for him!

Don't ya just hate that when the critters throw up in your bed! Ughh!! That's happened more times in our house than I care to remember!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2009, 10:02 AM   #582  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmGee458View Post
Well, if your hair looks good, you KNOW it's gonna rain!!

We're off to the movies now...I hope it's good!!
Don't you know it! My hairspray is complaining....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2009, 10:03 AM   #583  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Mary;

you know its refreshing to see someone upset that their spouse isn't going.. daily I get to deal with whiny spoiled brats who think that it isn't faaaiiiiir that their BF of all of 15 minutes has to DO HIS FRIGGIN JOB for a change and deploy because "they have never been apart for more than a day and it's too haaaarrrrd"

Sorry. Bad day at the 'office'. John volunteered.. three times before his XO finally got sick of his begging and let him go.. just to get some peace and quiet.

If it is meant to be, Mike will get his chance someday. usually at the most inconvenient time for you,of course hheheheh
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2009, 10:04 AM   #584  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathi127View Post
Yes, we definitely need the rain! My flowers need watering too but I'm hoping Mother Nature will take care of that for me this afternoon! The Grandson has been given strict orders that he is not to leave the house today in case we get bad storms so Rusty doesn't go nuts and destroy the place!

Loretta, I'm so sorry things didn't work out for Mike with the deployment. But on a positive note, just remember, when God closes one door he opens another so there just may be much better things on the horizon for him!

Don't ya just hate that when the critters throw up in your bed! Ughh!! That's happened more times in our house than I care to remember!
I've finally am finishing up the sheets, but soon need to leave for BWI to pick up Mike. Guess he can "help" make the bed when he gets back <wink wink>

I even had to clean the bed ruffle, she was trying to jump down (we trained her when she was a baby to get on the paper if she feels sick) and was trying to make it when she hurled. Yuck!

Catch you guys later!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2009, 11:03 AM   #585  
Hardware Hotshot

For those of you that have met my neighbor Lisa, I wanted to let you know that she lost her battle against cancer yesterday. There will be services held for her on Monday if anyone would like to join me for it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2009, 11:09 AM   #586  
Insane Embellisher

Harry was good. Even better, were the previews of Edward!!! The skies are darkening up. I hope it p-o-u-r-s!! I am going to go make myself a cup of coffee and then get to cutting my paper for my cards now.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2009, 11:11 AM   #587  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

For those of you that have met my neighbor Lisa, I wanted to let you know that she lost her battle against cancer yesterday. There will be services held for her on Monday if anyone would like to join me for it.
Tracy, where and when?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2009, 11:12 AM   #588  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Can you pass along an address to send a card?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2009, 12:00 PM   #589  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Tracy, I am so sorry to hear this, my deepest sympathy to her family and friends. I would also like to get an address to send a card.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2009, 12:03 PM   #590  
Crimping Master

I am sorry to hear about your neighbor...that is so sad, I feel for her son, that has to be extremely hard for him.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2009, 12:13 PM   #591  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by devonsmom98View Post
Tracy, where and when?
Pasadena Assembly of God, 206 Pleasant View Avenue. Monday 7pm service.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2009, 12:16 PM   #592  
Hardware Hotshot

I'll get an address and let you know.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2009, 12:18 PM   #593  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrsjvbView Post
you know its refreshing to see someone upset that their spouse isn't going.. daily I get to deal with whiny spoiled brats who think that it isn't faaaiiiiir that their BF of all of 15 minutes has to DO HIS FRIGGIN JOB for a change and deploy because "they have never been apart for more than a day and it's too haaaarrrrd"

Sorry. Bad day at the 'office'. John volunteered.. three times before his XO finally got sick of his begging and let him go.. just to get some peace and quiet.

If it is meant to be, Mike will get his chance someday. usually at the most inconvenient time for you,of course hheheheh
Tell me about it, especially when they are communicating on a regular basis.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2009, 12:18 PM   #594  
Gallery Gazer

Tracy, Thanks for calling and telling me about Lisa. So sad I really feel for her little boy.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2009, 12:55 PM   #595  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Tracy, can we go together? Let me know, when you get a chance.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2009, 01:05 PM   #596  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by devonsmom98View Post
Tracy, can we go together? Let me know, when you get a chance.
Of course.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2009, 01:09 PM   #597  
Hardware Hotshot

I have their address now, so if anyone wants it to send a sympathy card pm me. Thanks ladies.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2009, 01:28 PM   #598  
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm here! Busy day today. It is raining up here so you all should be getting it too.

Zucchini Bread~ I made this Blueberry Zucchini Bread a couple weeks ago and it was YUMMY! I use mostly applesauce and just a little oil. I had the zucchini fairy leave me a couple on the doorstep and I had just bought a case of blueberries so it was perfect timing.

Cucumbers~ In about another 2 weeks I will be giving cucumbers away to anyone who is walking down the street. Next time you all see me beware of the cucumber.

Tracy~So sorry to hear about your neighbor.

Loretta~It's frustrating when they want to go and can't.
Old 07-17-2009, 02:14 PM   #599  
Hardware Hotshot

Tomorrow UP is playing at the post theater. I plan on taking the kiddos to the evening show if anyone wants to join us.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2009, 02:23 PM   #600  
Hardware Hotshot

SU orders are in. Mary I will try and run yours over to you at Create It around 4pm tomorrow. If for some reason I can get there, I will set up another delivery time and place.
Reply With Quote Likes