Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-20-2009, 01:57 PM   #4081  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Gang;

My step daugher, Amanda was involved in a car accident yesterday am. She spent some time in the ER and today is sore, and they are going to total her car. Please keep her in your prayers.

She sounded just exhausted this afternoon. She so needs to take some time off work and recover.

It has been a quiet day around here, not much going on. I did do some tidying up, but that's about it. I spent some of the day in bed with a terrible headache. Glad it finally went away. Did a super easy pre-made pizza I doctored up with extra ingridents for dinner. It was so yummy!

Take care! I'll check you guys out again later!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2009, 02:46 PM   #4082  
Crimping Master

Well the swine flu has hit our family - one of my granddaughters has it. Her sister has an ear infection and their dad (my son) has pneumonia. Luckily the H1N1 seems to be a mild case. I'm a little worried about my son and hope that he doesn't have any complications from the pneumonia.

Just heard on the news that the number of cases of H1N1 will probably peak this week. Friends of mine who are teachers say that absenteeism is high in their classrooms. One friend who teaches first grade had nine children out yesterday. Mary how are things at your school?

Keep healthy everyone.

The best things in life are the people we love, the places we've been and the memories we've made along the way - unknown

SCS Gallery

Check out my blog!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2009, 02:48 PM   #4083  
Crimping Master

Loretta - hope your stepdaughter is feeling better. Sending good thoughts her way.

The best things in life are the people we love, the places we've been and the memories we've made along the way - unknown

SCS Gallery

Check out my blog!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2009, 04:44 PM   #4084  
Pearl-ExPert

Thanks Paula,

Amanda (my amanda) is not in good spirits, she seems defeated. Darn kids when will they learn to plan ahead?!

I'll have to run interferance with her and the car insurance companies tomorrow.

gonna head off for a nice hot bath and a loaded soda!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2009, 05:28 PM   #4085  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by jtaxView Post
anyone up for a late night party tonight??? I have 4 MRIs tomorrow, which I would love to sleep through, so I am going to try and stay up as late as possible. I will try and stay up Wed night too as I have 2 more on Thursday. uggg! No sense in us all 'partying' on our own like we all did the other night - come and join in on the fun!
I'll be up late tonight, since I want to start working on wrapping xmas gifts and stamping xmas cards for my mom. Need to get ahead now that stamp table is some what cleaned off, before having to baby sit next month.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2009, 05:48 PM   #4086  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by tracyltrippView Post
I'll be up late tonight, since I want to start working on wrapping xmas gifts and stamping xmas cards for my mom. Need to get ahead now that stamp table is some what cleaned off, before having to baby sit next month.
WOW - really????
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2009, 06:15 PM   #4087  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by heyheypaulaView Post
Well the swine flu has hit our family - one of my granddaughters has it. Her sister has an ear infection and their dad (my son) has pneumonia. Luckily the H1N1 seems to be a mild case. I'm a little worried about my son and hope that he doesn't have any complications from the pneumonia.

Just heard on the news that the number of cases of H1N1 will probably peak this week. Friends of mine who are teachers say that absenteeism is high in their classrooms. One friend who teaches first grade had nine children out yesterday. Mary how are things at your school?

Keep healthy everyone.
Lots of kids out these past couple of weeks...lots going home every day, too. Everyone is trying to take precautions, but in a school, illness can run rampant...just keep washing your hands!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2009, 06:25 PM   #4088  
Forum Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

anyone up for a late night party tonight??? I have 4 MRIs tomorrow, which I would love to sleep through, so I am going to try and stay up as late as possible. I will try and stay up Wed night too as I have 2 more on Thursday. uggg! No sense in us all 'partying' on our own like we all did the other night - come and join in on the fun!
Oh my goodness, 4 MRI's in one day! I hope you can sleep but aren't those things pretty loud? I remember that about the one and only MRI that I've had. The noise is what drove me crazy rather than being in the tube. Good luck with them, I hope they are over quickly!

Stampin' Up! Demonstrator

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2009, 06:27 PM   #4089  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by ms.rhettaView Post
Hi Gang;

My step daugher, Amanda was involved in a car accident yesterday am. She spent some time in the ER and today is sore, and they are going to total her car. Please keep her in your prayers.

She sounded just exhausted this afternoon. She so needs to take some time off work and recover.

It has been a quiet day around here, not much going on. I did do some tidying up, but that's about it. I spent some of the day in bed with a terrible headache. Glad it finally went away. Did a super easy pre-made pizza I doctored up with extra ingridents for dinner. It was so yummy!

Take care! I'll check you guys out again later!
Loretta, I'm sorry to hear about your step-daughter, I hope she recovers quickly. I will keep her in my prayers.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2009, 06:32 PM   #4090  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by heyheypaulaView Post

Keep healthy everyone.
Paula, I'm so sorry to hear about your son and granddaughters. I will keep all of them in my prayers for a speedy recovery. I'm glad to hear the H1N1 is mild, hopefully it won't last long.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2009, 06:32 PM   #4091  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathi127View Post
Oh my goodness, 4 MRI's in one day! I hope you can sleep but aren't those things pretty loud? I remember that about the one and only MRI that I've had. The noise is what drove me crazy rather than being in the tube. Good luck with them, I hope they are over quickly!
Yeah they are loud, even with the ear plugs I get from them. But I find the "cage" they put my head in so I can't move and then the tube to be so confining... I just hope if I am sleep deprived enough, I may sleep through some of it... Hoping to get lots of warm blankets to help lull me off to sleep! Oh, music would be soooo nice!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2009, 06:37 PM   #4092  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

No wrapping for me this year, our family has all agreed, no gifts this year with the economy the way it is and our reduced salaries. We are just going to have a nice dinner and enjoy each other's company. I think this will make for a much less stressful holiday this year.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2009, 06:40 PM   #4093  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Yeah they are loud, even with the ear plugs I get from them. But I find the "cage" they put my head in so I can't move and then the tube to be so confining... I just hope if I am sleep deprived enough, I may sleep through some of it... Hoping to get lots of warm blankets to help lull me off to sleep! Oh, music would be soooo nice!
Oh yes! Warm blankets would be nice! I hope you at least get them! I'll be thinking of you tomorrow.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2009, 07:06 PM   #4094  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

No wrapping for me this year, our family has all agreed, no gifts this year with the economy the way it is and our reduced salaries. We are just going to have a nice dinner and enjoy each other's company. I think this will make for a much less stressful holiday this year.
great idea! Enjoy!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2009, 07:41 PM   #4095  
Hardware Hotshot

Well, I'm getting lots done tonight. Just ordered the kids High School Yearbooks, now back to stamping xmas cards for mom.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2009, 08:01 PM   #4096  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Well, I'm getting lots done tonight. Just ordered the kids High School Yearbooks, now back to stamping xmas cards for mom.
Yippee for Tracy!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2009, 08:20 PM   #4097  
Crimping Master

I am always up late too....hence my coffee addiction in the mornings LOL HOLY COW wrapping xmas presents already!!! I was proud of myself getting goodie bag stuffers ordered for the upcoming soccer parties LOL

I love your idea Kathi - I think my 4 kids would boot me to the curb though with no presents, although I could probably go to their rooms and re wrap existing items they own and they would never know LOL Autumn has asked me for a projector (like teachers use to put things on the wall as they write) and a desk for Ali for xmas - she teaches her "school" nearly every day - she is definitely an odd one LOL Hopefully she is not too disappointed when she doesnt get them!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2009, 09:12 PM   #4098  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emerald77View Post
I am always up late too....hence my coffee addiction in the mornings LOL HOLY COW wrapping xmas presents already!!! I was proud of myself getting goodie bag stuffers ordered for the upcoming soccer parties LOL

I love your idea Kathi - I think my 4 kids would boot me to the curb though with no presents, although I could probably go to their rooms and re wrap existing items they own and they would never know LOL Autumn has asked me for a projector (like teachers use to put things on the wall as they write) and a desk for Ali for xmas - she teaches her "school" nearly every day - she is definitely an odd one LOL Hopefully she is not too disappointed when she doesnt get them!!!
Now if there were small children involved we definitely couldn't do this but with all the adults agreeing it makes life much easier on the pocketbook and much less stressful. I will however give the grandsons either cash or gift cards, they prefer that over presents anyway so they can buy what they want. But I can put them in a card so no wrapping!!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2009, 03:11 AM   #4099  
Insane Embellisher

Wow, I bow to you, Tracy - way to go!! I hope you accomplished more than you had hoped to, and are ahead. I, myself, only made a dent - albeit HUGE - in the kitchen-dining area. Made 3 tall garbage bags and one huge box full of trash/crap/purge-ness! The more bags I fill - the better cleaning I did!! I forgot what that corner floor looked like! LOL!! I feel like I am in moving-mode! Hmmm... Will move onto another area, after my morning doc appointments. (Would rather be cleaning...)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2009, 03:47 AM   #4100  
Pearl-ExPert

Default Good Morning All.......

Loretta, hope your step-daughter does okay. She should handle the issues with only guidance, not take over...it doesn't help them in decision making if the parent does it all. Tracy, babysitting? Are you not telling us something? Christmas presents? I can't even design my swap card or find Sara's birthday gift, let alone Christmas. Kathi, I like your idea and I am contacting my brother and all today! No swap........nothing, just love and a card. The kids will get some $$. Cherie, I so need help in the purge area.....I have to get rid of lots of Christmas stuff and clean my storage room.......anyone up for that? I would be glad to entertain you with all the "stuff" I have......which is way too much. Jeaneen, I hope the day goes quickly for you. I get vertigo from those tubes because I tend to be like a metronome.....my eyes tick back and forth with each clang. I don't think I could do 4 in one day. I would be so sick. Lord let me get through this week-end and get a design for my card....I will feel much better. Kathi, how are you doing? And Mary, don't get sick! I got my regular flu shot but not that Pig thing.....not sure how I feel about it, but may not need to worry as no one seems to have the vacine anyway. Be well all......and hugs.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2009, 03:56 AM   #4101  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Now if there were small children involved we definitely couldn't do this but with all the adults agreeing it makes life much easier on the pocketbook and much less stressful. I will however give the grandsons either cash or gift cards, they prefer that over presents anyway so they can buy what they want. But I can put them in a card so no wrapping!!!
Autumn is getting there fast - she loves money lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2009, 04:09 AM   #4102  
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning girls!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2009, 04:13 AM   #4103  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Hoping everything goes well today with your MRI's.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2009, 04:16 AM   #4104  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Way to go Tracy! Send some of your mojo this way please!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2009, 04:16 AM   #4105  
Stazon Splitcoast

Have a great day! Off to tackle this desk...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2009, 04:33 AM   #4106  
Hardware Hotshot

Good for you Cherie! I should be cleaning but instead, I'm doing fun things. Did complete 20 pieces of shaving cream papers and cards are all partically cut for, now just need to find hot chocolate mix, peppermint sticks, stamp, color and adhere and I will be done.

Already on a roll this morning as well, lost a little weight this week and I only wrote down my points once this week, so I thought I did pretty good since I did eat out three times as well. Group leader didn't seem impressed.bah ha ha But so far, I have gotten a load of laundry done, made pancakes for the kids, took DS to school so I could carry in his sodas for him and just finished making my turkey burger for breakfast. Off to eat and then cash a check go pick up pumpkins, muffin mixes etx.

Have a great day Ladies!

ps: shhhhh....there's a birthday coming up this friday.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2009, 04:52 AM   #4107  
Pearl-ExPert

Mornin all.
Jeaneen, hope all your MRIs go well. I dont know how you do it. I have to be drugged. the noise doesnt bother me so much, just the confinement.
Tracey, Im glad you're getting all your Chirstmas stuff done so you can come help me with mine the week of Christmas.
Im w/jane in getting rid of Christmas decor. Im going to force my daughter in law to take some of my stuff for hte kids for later on. They are teens and probably dont want much now, but I know they will later. I used to have an 8 rm house to decorae but not I have a condo, sooooo....you can imagine. I haent gotten rid of any holiday stuff since I moved here 10 years ago.
have a good day all!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2009, 06:24 AM   #4108  
Stazon Splitcoast

Wow! I must be the purge master. We don't have that much stuff, I don't think. We purge a couple times a year and right now I am going through one of my cabinets in the laundry room and getting rid of old magazines. The school my neighbor works at has started a magazine/paper recycling program and want to fill the bin early with heavy stuff so they can justify keeping the bin. I cleared out all my old SU! catalogs and magazines and my back issues of Better Homes and Gardens. I still have some Craft and Cards and Scrap magazines to sort through.
Old 10-21-2009, 06:37 AM   #4109  
Forum Fanatic

Good Morning Everyone! I am feeling a little better today but Sharon suggested I take another day to stay home so I am taking her advice. I didn't get any stamping done yesterday, I spent most of the day on the Golden Ret. Forum posting about Rusty. I am in awe of the number of people who posted their condolences and shared poems and sayings with me. 6 pages worth! It definitely helped to ease the sorrow. Today is stamping day for sure, I have some get well and birthday cards to get out and I desparately need to work on the next two shoebox swaps. So I'm off to stamp! Hope everyone has a great Wednesday!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2009, 06:41 AM   #4110  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Good morning every one!

Off for fun stamp time with my BFF Barb!

My step daughter is getting good news, they can fix her car, but she is still so sore! (poor baby) contiued prayers and thoughts are appreciated.

Tracy I'm jealous! When you're finished with her cards, can you start mine?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2009, 12:49 PM   #4111  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by harrahx2View Post
Loretta, hope your step-daughter does okay. She should handle the issues with only guidance, not take over...it doesn't help them in decision making if the parent does it all.
Thanks Jane;

I just want to step in and take over, but I can't! She is doing much better an seems (at the moment) to have her head back in the game. Looks like they can/will fix her car. Which after buying her first home (a condo) is financially the best decision for her. She is still battered and bruised, but healing.

I just love and appreciate her so much. When Mike and I first married she wasn't sure about me, now she knows I'll help her any way/any thing she needs. She is always there when she can to help with Chad as well. That makes life so much easier!

Thanks for the continued prayers. Sketch challenge card is on my blog if you want to peek.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2009, 02:19 PM   #4112  
Glitter Guru

I'm back from my MRIs. Although I did doze off during the tests, I came home totally exhausted. So, I slept for a hour or so. I will try and stay up tonight for a repeat performance tomorrow. I thank you all for your well wishes; they are geatly appreciated!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2009, 02:23 PM   #4113  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

I'm back from my MRIs. Although I did doze off during the tests, I came home totally exhausted. So, I slept for a hour or so. I will try and stay up tonight for a repeat performance tomorrow. I thank you all for your well wishes; they are geatly appreciated!
Jeaneen, you definitely need a present!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2009, 03:57 PM   #4114  
Pearl-ExPert

I can't do closed MRI's. Unless DH is holding my feet and patiently talking to me while I hit panic over load mode, not a pretty sight. Ever see an MRI tech ask for ear plugs?!

Jeaneene hope everything comes out well with the testing.

Good for you Tracy, glad you're getting so much done, you sound busy!

Hugs to all!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2009, 04:02 PM   #4115  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by devonsmom98View Post
Jeaneen, you definitely need a present!!
Present, did someone say present? Oh boy! My address is...oh never mind! Thanks for the fun!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-22-2009, 04:57 AM   #4116  
Forum Fanatic

Good Morning, is everyone hiding this morning? It's back to work for me today, I will miss being home with the critters but someone has to go make money to feed these guys! I just don't understand why they can't get jobs and take care of Mom!

Good luck today Jeaneen with your second round of MRI's, I hope everything goes well and you are not as exhausted as yesterday.

Have a good day everyone!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-22-2009, 05:12 AM   #4117  
Pearl-ExPert

Im here for a minute or so! You know Kathi, every dog I've had Ive tried to tell them about getting jobs and how lucky they were and should appreciate me more. Obviously, it didnt help. Lazy, cute, loveable bums!
Jeaneen, hope the MRIs go ok. I admire you for being able to do them. Hope the results are good.
Everyone else have a great day!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-22-2009, 05:28 AM   #4118  
Stazon Splitcoast

I used to make Maggie watch those shows on Animal Planet about working dogs. One was K9-5 and she would sit on the couch with me and you could just tell she was thinking "My human is NUTS."
Old 10-22-2009, 06:41 AM   #4119  
Glitter Guru

A quick Goodmorning Maryland! I am off to Silver Spring for more MRIs. I'll check in when we get back or when I awake again... at least today it is only two - but these are longer studies than the ones I had yesterday. Get lots of stamping done....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-22-2009, 06:59 AM   #4120  
Watercolor Wizard

Good morning!

Jeaneen, hope all goes well with the tests today- I can't do those tubes...I never knew I was claustrophobic till they tried to put me in one!

Hope everyone has a great day! Tomorrow is Friday...and it can't come soon enough for me!
Reply With Quote Likes