In the Forums

Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter





Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads


 
Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-24-2009, 11:24 AM   #3801  
Watercolor Wizard
 
EmGee458's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: On the beautiful Chesapeake Bay
Posts: 11,737
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmandaWView Post
Have fun tonight tell your FIL we all said HAPPY BIRTHDAY! You should make him wear your hat! lol

Have FUN!
I thought I might take my "Birthday ******" hat for him to wear! And he would, too!
__________________
Mary
My Blog
EmGee458 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2009, 03:45 AM   #3802  
Hardware Hotshot
 
tracyltripp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Witness Protection
Posts: 6,019
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Morning.

Amanda, have a safe mini vacation today!

Stacy thanks for the fun Pampered Chef demo. You really did a GREAT job and I loved that salad! Oh, and thank you for all the extra goodies and prizes, that way so wonderful and way over the top.

Looking forward to stamping with some of you soon. Hope you all enjoy this nice warm weekend.
__________________
Tracy
http://tripponover.blogspot.com/
tracyltripp is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2009, 04:03 AM   #3803  
Pearl-ExPert
 
Mrsjvb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Pensacola FL
Posts: 2,644
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

while some of you are enjoying the beach and the rest of you are stamping at the swap I get to mow the lawn heheheh

Although that's early this morning while it isn't too hot. later on this afternoon I have some cards I want to make.. more Christmas cards, I have some Welcome RAKs to do and MAYBE I will FINALLY get around to rolling and sorting my ribbon haul...

Kathi,thanks again for the lift last night.

Stacy, a great program although I still think you cheated by tempting us with sugar cookie smell and not actually providing any real cookies!!!

Tracy, once again you opened your house to everybody. do you EVER let the kids downstairs?! heheheh. Hope you continue to feel better and you stop hacking up a lung.

Was great meeting all the new folks.
Mrsjvb is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2009, 04:40 AM   #3804  
Watercolor Wizard
 
EmGee458's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: On the beautiful Chesapeake Bay
Posts: 11,737
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Good morning! Sounds like the Pampered Chef 'party' went well! Sorry I missed it!
__________________
Mary
My Blog
EmGee458 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2009, 05:02 AM   #3805  
Pearl-ExPert
 
Mrsjvb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Pensacola FL
Posts: 2,644
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

well no hats were involved so it was low key for this group heheheheh
Mrsjvb is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2009, 03:31 AM   #3806  
Pearl-ExPert
 
Mrsjvb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Pensacola FL
Posts: 2,644
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Mornin' gang. didya all have fun yesterday?

Kathi, was it terribly hot at the swap?!

I accomplished a fair bit yesterday.

Rolled my ribbon
colored the last of my images for the Patriotic card swap
sent out a couple of needed cards
Mowed the lawn
caught up on the DVR while rolling


Today I need to actually assemble my swap card
make a few more needed cards for upcoming events like my sister's birthday
I may even work on May's Christmas cards!

Gonna be another hot day today so I will be drinking lots of lemonade!
Mrsjvb is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2009, 03:44 AM   #3807  
Watercolor Wizard
 
EmGee458's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: On the beautiful Chesapeake Bay
Posts: 11,737
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Wasn't yesterday a beautiful day?? DH and I took the bikes out for a 2-1/2 hour ride through the backroads...then he decided he wanted "pie" for dinner, so we came home, got his new bike (I had never ridden on it before) and we rode that up to Westminster to Baugher's for dinner AND pie, then home again...It was perfect riding weather! AND we got home before it rained so that was nice.

Today looks to be just as pretty. DH has already left to go for a long ride with his friend. I have plans to clean, sort out, pull out and do laundry...all the fun stuff that I have a hard time doing when he's home!!

Enjoy your day!!
__________________
Mary
My Blog
EmGee458 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2009, 04:14 AM   #3808  
Stazon Splitcoast
 
MelenaPrincess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Westminster, MD
Posts: 18,419
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmGee458View Post
Wasn't yesterday a beautiful day?? DH and I took the bikes out for a 2-1/2 hour ride through the backroads...then he decided he wanted "pie" for dinner, so we came home, got his new bike (I had never ridden on it before) and we rode that up to Westminster to Baugher's for dinner AND pie, then home again...It was perfect riding weather! AND we got home before it rained so that was nice.

Today looks to be just as pretty. DH has already left to go for a long ride with his friend. I have plans to clean, sort out, pull out and do laundry...all the fun stuff that I have a hard time doing when he's home!!

Enjoy your day!!
You were at Baughers and you didn't call me. Shame shame shame! You could have had ice cream with your pie out on the deck. Did you happen to notice which fresh produce they had out at the market? I was thinking of taking the girls up there today to grab some strawberries.
__________________
MelenaPrincess is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2009, 04:49 AM   #3809  
Watercolor Wizard
 
EmGee458's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: On the beautiful Chesapeake Bay
Posts: 11,737
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by MelenaPrincessView Post
You were at Baughers and you didn't call me. Shame shame shame! You could have had ice cream with your pie out on the deck. Did you happen to notice which fresh produce they had out at the market? I was thinking of taking the girls up there today to grab some strawberries.
It was such a spur of the moment that I didn't think to call!
You know, I didn't even notice which fruits or veggies they had out. I think this was the first time that I've ever been there that I didn't buy something at the stand!! How far are you from Baugher's?
__________________
Mary
My Blog
EmGee458 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2009, 10:16 AM   #3810  
Forum Fanatic
 
Kathi127's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: In a Kennel in MD!
Posts: 9,447
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by tracyltrippView Post
Morning.

Amanda, have a safe mini vacation today!

Stacy thanks for the fun Pampered Chef demo. You really did a GREAT job and I loved that salad! Oh, and thank you for all the extra goodies and prizes, that way so wonderful and way over the top.

Looking forward to stamping with some of you soon. Hope you all enjoy this nice warm weekend.
Yes, Stacy, you were fantastic and I have been raving about that salad to everyone! That salad is perfect for this hot weather, nice and cool!
__________________
Kathi

Stampin' Up! Demonstrator


Kathi127 is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2009, 10:19 AM   #3811  
Forum Fanatic
 
Kathi127's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: In a Kennel in MD!
Posts: 9,447
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrsjvbView Post
Mornin' gang. didya all have fun yesterday?

Kathi, was it terribly hot at the swap?!
I accomplished a fair bit yesterday.

Rolled my ribbon
colored the last of my images for the Patriotic card swap
sent out a couple of needed cards
Mowed the lawn
caught up on the DVR while rolling


Today I need to actually assemble my swap card
make a few more needed cards for upcoming events like my sister's birthday
I may even work on May's Christmas cards!

Gonna be another hot day today so I will be drinking lots of lemonade!
Hi Dawnmarie! You were a busy lady yesterday!

No, it was not terribly hot at the swap, she was able to turn the air on so we had a nice cool room to stamp in! But boy was it a rude awakening went we left and stepped outside into the heat! Ughh!

We had a great time and there were lots of beautiful cards!
__________________
Kathi

Stampin' Up! Demonstrator


Kathi127 is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2009, 11:30 AM   #3812  
Gallery Gazer
 
AmandaW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Ft. Meade, MD
Posts: 7,190
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Hello Ladies

Hope the swap was fun! I just wanted to say BYE before I go MIA for a few days. The movers will be here bright and early Tomorrow. I'll talk to you all soon.

Amanda
__________________
My Blog
Creating isn't a hobby, but a way of life!
AmandaW is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2009, 11:41 AM   #3813  
Stazon Splitcoast
 
MelenaPrincess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Westminster, MD
Posts: 18,419
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmGee458View Post
It was such a spur of the moment that I didn't think to call!
You know, I didn't even notice which fruits or veggies they had out. I think this was the first time that I've ever been there that I didn't buy something at the stand!! How far are you from Baugher's?
If you go down 31 you turn left at the next light after Baughers and I am in that subdivision. Last summer we were there so much that the ladies who worked the fruit stand knew the girls by name and could even tell them apart. At Christmas time we took the girls to the diner for dinner with Santa and had a nice long talk with Mr Baugher. He was walking around playing Christmas songs on his harmonica and decided to take a break and sit down at our table. The fruit market is truly the twins favorite place to go. They get to pick out their own fruit and carry their own shopping bags. It was the first public place they were allowed to walk instead of being in a stroller (I couldn't maneuver the double stroller there ) Next time, for real, give me a call.
__________________
MelenaPrincess is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2009, 01:18 PM   #3814  
Watercolor Wizard
 
EmGee458's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: On the beautiful Chesapeake Bay
Posts: 11,737
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

From today's Create IT Crafts newsletter...

Shoe Box Swap: July 18th

Just to give you a look at our far off plans, the entire month of July will be devoted to Christmas in July. There will be a Shoe Box Swap on the 18th from 10am-6pm with Christmas Cards as the theme…of course! We will open the swap to 20 people, provide lunch with snacks and refreshments, and door prizes throughout the day. Detail will follow soon so those of you who want to participate can prepare. Give me a heads up if you think you’ll be interested!

Anyone interested??
__________________
Mary
My Blog
EmGee458 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2009, 02:08 PM   #3815  
Pearl-ExPert
 
Mrsjvb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Pensacola FL
Posts: 2,644
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

hmm. I have to check I will be gone for 4th of July week so may not have time to get one together....

I am planning on making an Oriental Trading order this week. I want the glass slides plus a few other pieces but if anyone wants to order something I do have several codes for free shipping and the like....
Mrsjvb is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2009, 06:05 PM   #3816  
Hardware Hotshot
 
tracyltripp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Witness Protection
Posts: 6,019
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Evening Ladies,

Finally off of the couch and trying to caught up. Swap wiped me out...still must be fighting this funky junk.

Good luck Amanda, let me know if you need help with anything. Are we still on for weds? Let me know when you can breathe.

Okay, Ladies how about our next Girls Day out be on Saturday, May 9th! Let me know if you can attend. I think we can all meet up at Photo Scraps and then do lunch out that way.

Better get off of here and make muffins for breakfast in the morning, since once again no cereal. I really do need a live in cook, nanny, housekeeper etc!lol
__________________
Tracy
http://tripponover.blogspot.com/
tracyltripp is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-27-2009, 02:37 AM   #3817  
Watercolor Wizard
 
EmGee458's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: On the beautiful Chesapeake Bay
Posts: 11,737
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by tracyltrippView Post
Evening Ladies,

Finally off of the couch and trying to caught up. Swap wiped me out...still must be fighting this funky junk.

Good luck Amanda, let me know if you need help with anything. Are we still on for weds? Let me know when you can breathe.

Okay, Ladies how about our next Girls Day out be on Saturday, May 9th! Let me know if you can attend. I think we can all meet up at Photo Scraps and then do lunch out that way.

Better get off of here and make muffins for breakfast in the morning, since once again no cereal. I really do need a live in cook, nanny, housekeeper etc!lol
Darn- I'll have to miss. That's the day we're going to see Bill Engvall. We're going down early to have dinner before the show. I know you guys will have fun!
__________________
Mary
My Blog
EmGee458 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-27-2009, 03:46 AM   #3818  
Hardware Hotshot
 
tracyltripp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Witness Protection
Posts: 6,019
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Morning.

Lots of cleaning to do, since I napped all weekend.lol
__________________
Tracy
http://tripponover.blogspot.com/
tracyltripp is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-27-2009, 04:30 AM   #3819  
Crimping Master
 
Emerald77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: FL
Posts: 1,227
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

I am with you on the cleaning - my neat freak father in law will be here Friday - he is flying into ronald reagan at 4pm on FRIDAY - I figure they will make it home by midnight LOL and he is flying out of BWI

Thanks everyone for the kind comments about the show! I had a great time and you guys made it easy with the fun atmosphere, hmm or maybe that was the orangatangs LOL

I am having problems enjoying the heat I just imagine the pennies/dollars flying out my window as my air conditioner cranks away. I am tempted to print out flyers and stick on doors - "If we all put our thermostat to 70 then we all should be on the baseline" LOL I dont know how the ones near me are going with windows open - it is nearly 79 upstairs with the air on 70!

Well off to chase kids and clean!
Emerald77 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-27-2009, 04:42 AM   #3820  
Pearl-ExPert
 
Mrsjvb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Pensacola FL
Posts: 2,644
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by tracyltrippView Post
Morning.

Lots of cleaning to do, since I napped all weekend.lol
I am in my off week for the Housekeepers. but I had a HUGE miniature ant problem last year so I have to keep on it.

and of course this lovely humidity is wreaking havoc on my hands.. my normally fat fingers are bratwursts today.. I do not think I will be making Christmas cards after all....
Mrsjvb is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-27-2009, 05:42 AM   #3821  
Forum Fanatic
 
Kathi127's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: In a Kennel in MD!
Posts: 9,447
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmGee458View Post
From today's Create IT Crafts newsletter...

Shoe Box Swap: July 18th

Just to give you a look at our far off plans, the entire month of July will be devoted to Christmas in July. There will be a Shoe Box Swap on the 18th from 10am-6pm with Christmas Cards as the theme…of course! We will open the swap to 20 people, provide lunch with snacks and refreshments, and door prizes throughout the day. Detail will follow soon so those of you who want to participate can prepare. Give me a heads up if you think you’ll be interested!

Anyone interested??
I think I will be around that day, no plans right now that I'm aware of! So, yes I'm interested!
__________________
Kathi

Stampin' Up! Demonstrator


Kathi127 is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-27-2009, 05:43 AM   #3822  
Forum Fanatic
 
Kathi127's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: In a Kennel in MD!
Posts: 9,447
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by tracyltrippView Post
Morning.

Lots of cleaning to do, since I napped all weekend.lol
Tracy, I'm sure you needed the rest! Hope you are feeling better!

And don't feel bad, I napped a lot yesterday too!
__________________
Kathi

Stampin' Up! Demonstrator


Kathi127 is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-27-2009, 06:30 AM   #3823  
Crimping Master
 
heyheypaula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Pasadena, MD
Posts: 1,732
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Good morning. I hope everyone enjoyed the wonderful weather this weekend and it looks like it might last a few more days. We were in Ocean City this weekend and had a great time. I am sooo ready for summer. Enjoy the sunshine today!
__________________
~Paula~

The best things in life are the people we love, the places we've been and the memories we've made along the way - unknown

SCS Gallery

Check out my blog!!
heyheypaula is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-27-2009, 06:33 AM   #3824  
Crimping Master
 
heyheypaula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Pasadena, MD
Posts: 1,732
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmGee458View Post
From today's Create IT Crafts newsletter...

Shoe Box Swap: July 18th

Just to give you a look at our far off plans, the entire month of July will be devoted to Christmas in July. There will be a Shoe Box Swap on the 18th from 10am-6pm with Christmas Cards as the theme…of course! We will open the swap to 20 people, provide lunch with snacks and refreshments, and door prizes throughout the day. Detail will follow soon so those of you who want to participate can prepare. Give me a heads up if you think you’ll be interested!

Anyone interested??
I need to check our vacation dates but if I'm home I'm interested.
__________________
~Paula~

The best things in life are the people we love, the places we've been and the memories we've made along the way - unknown

SCS Gallery

Check out my blog!!
heyheypaula is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-27-2009, 06:36 AM   #3825  
Stazon Splitcoast
 
MelenaPrincess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Westminster, MD
Posts: 18,419
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

I'm in on the Girl's Day Out! I invited a friend too, not sure if she can make it though. I can't wait!!
__________________
MelenaPrincess is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-27-2009, 10:05 AM   #3826  
Hardware Hotshot
 
tracyltripp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Witness Protection
Posts: 6,019
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by MelenaPrincessView Post
I'm in on the Girl's Day Out! I invited a friend too, not sure if she can make it though. I can't wait!!
Sounds good.
__________________
Tracy
http://tripponover.blogspot.com/
tracyltripp is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-27-2009, 10:07 AM   #3827  
Hardware Hotshot
 
tracyltripp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Witness Protection
Posts: 6,019
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emerald77View Post
I am with you on the cleaning - my neat freak father in law will be here Friday - he is flying into ronald reagan at 4pm on FRIDAY - I figure they will make it home by midnight LOL and he is flying out of BWI

Thanks everyone for the kind comments about the show! I had a great time and you guys made it easy with the fun atmosphere, hmm or maybe that was the orangatangs LOL

I am having problems enjoying the heat I just imagine the pennies/dollars flying out my window as my air conditioner cranks away. I am tempted to print out flyers and stick on doors - "If we all put our thermostat to 70 then we all should be on the baseline" LOL I dont know how the ones near me are going with windows open - it is nearly 79 upstairs with the air on 70!

Well off to chase kids and clean!

I did post your wonderful photos on the blog!
__________________
Tracy
http://tripponover.blogspot.com/
tracyltripp is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-27-2009, 10:28 AM   #3828  
Stazon Splitcoast
 
MelenaPrincess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Westminster, MD
Posts: 18,419
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

I had my windows open until I was getting the girls ready for bed last night. It was just getting waaaay too hot upstairs. I turned it off now, but still have the house all closed up and it is comfortable in here.
__________________
MelenaPrincess is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-27-2009, 02:34 PM   #3829  
Pearl-ExPert
 
Mrsjvb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Pensacola FL
Posts: 2,644
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

it hit NINETY today!! almost as hot as DH's locale!!.

but don'tget used toiut.. suppsoed to be mid 60's and raining the back half of th week.

since I couldn't stamp,I spent money..and lots of it..
Plane tickets, Hotel ressies, smell pretty stuff and I even bought ice cream online..

Now one last online shopping spree and then I am off to tear into my Cruise packet that came in today's mail!!! WooT!!!!!!
Mrsjvb is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-27-2009, 07:02 PM   #3830  
Crimping Master
 
Emerald77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: FL
Posts: 1,227
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by tracyltrippView Post
I did post your wonderful photos on the blog!
oh no I am going to have to go see my shame LOL
Emerald77 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-27-2009, 07:05 PM   #3831  
Crimping Master
 
Emerald77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: FL
Posts: 1,227
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Kathi - what do you use on Rusty for Flea/Ticks? We have never had to worry about it but since I actually see ticks roaming around outside (blaming that cheap mulch that smells like cow poo for them) Base sells frontline and Petsmart Advantage or Advantix...but I am worried about the chemicals especially round the kids (hmm CA must have rubbed off on me more than I though LOL) and see Avon's Skin so Soft may be an option....also some say online that ticks/fleas in areas become immune to some treatments since they are overused.
Emerald77 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-27-2009, 07:07 PM   #3832  
Crimping Master
 
Emerald77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: FL
Posts: 1,227
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrsjvbView Post
it hit NINETY today!! almost as hot as DH's locale!!.

but don'tget used toiut.. suppsoed to be mid 60's and raining the back half of th week.

since I couldn't stamp,I spent money..and lots of it..
Plane tickets, Hotel ressies, smell pretty stuff and I even bought ice cream online..

Now one last online shopping spree and then I am off to tear into my Cruise packet that came in today's mail!!! WooT!!!!!!
wow that sounds like an awesome day....I dont think I accomplished anything other than a commissary run!
Emerald77 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-27-2009, 07:57 PM   #3833  
Forum Fanatic
 
Kathi127's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: In a Kennel in MD!
Posts: 9,447
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emerald77View Post
Kathi - what do you use on Rusty for Flea/Ticks? We have never had to worry about it but since I actually see ticks roaming around outside (blaming that cheap mulch that smells like cow poo for them) Base sells frontline and Petsmart Advantage or Advantix...but I am worried about the chemicals especially round the kids (hmm CA must have rubbed off on me more than I though LOL) and see Avon's Skin so Soft may be an option....also some say online that ticks/fleas in areas become immune to some treatments since they are overused.
Stacy, I use Frontline Plus on all my animals, I find that works best. It's so darn expensive though and you have to use it once a month. I've started buying it on Ebay, it's a little cheaper there. I've never tried the Skin So Soft but it's worth a try. Also I've heard that giving them Brewers Yeast is supposed to be good and it's all natural. Also, if you've never given them medicine for Heartworms I would seriously think about it. Heartworms come from mosquitos and around here there are plenty. If your dogs get Heartworms they have to go through a very costly treatment and its also a tricky because they have to kill the worms with dangerous chemicals that could also kill the dog. You do have to get the Heartworm meds from the vet though, it is a prescription. It's not near as expensive as the flea/tick meds and well worth the cost considering the alternative. Hope this helps!
__________________
Kathi

Stampin' Up! Demonstrator


Kathi127 is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-28-2009, 02:53 AM   #3834  
Hardware Hotshot
 
tracyltripp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Witness Protection
Posts: 6,019
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Morning,

Hope you are all well today.
__________________
Tracy
http://tripponover.blogspot.com/
tracyltripp is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-28-2009, 04:14 AM   #3835  
Forum Fanatic
 
Kathi127's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: In a Kennel in MD!
Posts: 9,447
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by tracyltrippView Post
Morning,

Hope you are all well today.
Good Morning!

Tracy, I hope you're feeling better!!!
__________________
Kathi

Stampin' Up! Demonstrator


Kathi127 is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-28-2009, 04:23 AM   #3836  
Hardware Hotshot
 
tracyltripp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Witness Protection
Posts: 6,019
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathi127View Post
Good Morning!

Tracy, I hope you're feeling better!!!
Thanks. Still coughing up a storm but have been up and around more.
__________________
Tracy
http://tripponover.blogspot.com/
tracyltripp is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-28-2009, 05:47 AM   #3837  
Stazon Splitcoast
 
MelenaPrincess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Westminster, MD
Posts: 18,419
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Geeze Tracy, it seems like you have been sick forever.

I got word last night that DH will be home Friday evening instead of Saturday night, and I couldn't be more thrilled! That is 2 less bed times I have to try to manage. It's amazing how much of a difference 26 hours makes after 7 weeks of being gone.
__________________
MelenaPrincess is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-28-2009, 10:34 AM   #3838  
Crimping Master
 
Emerald77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: FL
Posts: 1,227
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by MelenaPrincessView Post
You were at Baughers and you didn't call me. Shame shame shame! You could have had ice cream with your pie out on the deck. Did you happen to notice which fresh produce they had out at the market? I was thinking of taking the girls up there today to grab some strawberries.
is this where you can go strawberry picking? the girls loved that last year - although it is gonna be hard to beat picking strawberries on cliffs overlooking the pacific ocean!
Emerald77 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-28-2009, 10:36 AM   #3839  
Crimping Master
 
Emerald77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: FL
Posts: 1,227
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathi127View Post
Stacy, I use Frontline Plus on all my animals, I find that works best. It's so darn expensive though and you have to use it once a month. I've started buying it on Ebay, it's a little cheaper there. I've never tried the Skin So Soft but it's worth a try. Also I've heard that giving them Brewers Yeast is supposed to be good and it's all natural. Also, if you've never given them medicine for Heartworms I would seriously think about it. Heartworms come from mosquitos and around here there are plenty. If your dogs get Heartworms they have to go through a very costly treatment and its also a tricky because they have to kill the worms with dangerous chemicals that could also kill the dog. You do have to get the Heartworm meds from the vet though, it is a prescription. It's not near as expensive as the flea/tick meds and well worth the cost considering the alternative. Hope this helps!
Yes we have heartguard although I think Nana forgets a lot as the supply is not dwindling down very well! Even though they only go outside for walks (we have no yard!) with the critters walking around visible I think we are going to have to be waaaay more proactive here!! Thanks for the input =0)
Emerald77 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-28-2009, 10:37 AM   #3840  
Crimping Master
 
Emerald77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: FL
Posts: 1,227
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by tracyltrippView Post
Thanks. Still coughing up a storm but have been up and around more.
You better not have that swine flu!!!

You are probably choking on pollen - my car is officially yellow/golden colored now!
Emerald77 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Reply





Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off