Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-18-2009, 04:52 PM   #3281  
Crimping Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will be here unless a miracle occurs =0)
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2009, 08:21 PM   #3282  
Hardware Hotshot

Off to bed I go. Sweet dreams!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2009, 08:25 PM   #3283  
Forum Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emerald77View Post
Ariel would love that (my big black dog) Do your dogs dislike little dogs I have a min pin that they could have =0)
Fortunately all my dogs seem to get along with all other dogs, but I bet my two little terriers and your min pin might have something to say to each other!

Stampin' Up! Demonstrator

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2009, 03:53 AM   #3284  
Gallery Gazer

morning
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2009, 04:27 AM   #3285  
Watercolor Wizard

Good morning!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2009, 04:39 AM   #3286  
Glitter Guru

Location: On my sunporch- stamping and creating. Enjoying the view :)

Hi....sorry to pop in...I have a question...who made the rice casserole at the last swap?? I'd love to get the receipe if possible, we have a family reunion to go to and this might work good.

Thanks for your help...

Hope everyone is doing good....I can't wait till we get together for a swap again

Check out my stamping blog.

Design team member for qkrstampede and eurekastamps
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2009, 05:08 AM   #3287  
Crimping Master

Morning!!!

Kimmi - wow!!! Thank you so much! love the sleepers/swimsuits and formula woohooo

I am going to have to have all of you over for a thank you dinner as my progress on thank you cards is not going very fast LOL

how many meade girls will break into hives at my house I wonder hmmmm I could serve like a benadryl appetizer LOL I actually am in progress on ariel's coat so all her winter coat will be thinned out soon and i am hoping to get her fur trimmed soon

Last edited by Emerald77; 03-19-2009 at 05:13 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2009, 05:10 AM   #3288  
Crimping Master

speaking of recipes i need the crack recipe!!

editing to add aka chicken buffalo stuff LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2009, 05:33 AM   #3289  
Gallery Gazer

Rice casserole. I really don't follow receipes but here is what I do.

4 large chicken breast cooked chopped.
1 large head or bag frozen broccoli.
1 cup Chopped carrots
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
half a package of velveeta cheese
2 cups milk
4 cups rice cooked

Put everything into a casserole dish and bake until it's done. Glad you enjoyed it. We always have this at our family get togethers.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2009, 05:37 AM   #3290  
Gallery Gazer

Buffalo Chicken Dip

This is what I use.

1 bag frozen chicken tenders
1 bottle Ranch
2 packs cream cheese
1 bottle Texas Pete buffalo sauce
Tracy adds shredded cheese (I always forget) 1-2 cups something like that.

Cook and shred chicken, in a sauce pan add cream cheese, ranch, and buffalo sauce cook low-med until cheese is melted poor over chicken and let the crock pot do the rest.

Enjoy!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2009, 07:20 AM   #3291  
Gallery Gazer

Hello Ladies,

I wanted to ask for your prayers for my Brother Jody and his Family. They were driving home two days ago and a Drunk man pulled out in front of my brother......My brother hit him doing 60 mph the man was in a small car and my brother drives a large truck it totaled his truck so you can imagine what the small car looks like. The man was very drunk (@3:00pm) and had two children in the car NOT in car seats or seat belts the three year old boy was thrown out of the car and over 30 feet. The three year old boy died today and the man is not far behind he has severe brain damage and is on life support. I haven't been able to get info on the other child in the car. So please keep them all in your prayers. My brother is about to loose his mind he loves kids so much and now he has convinced himself that he has killed at least one. My Brother and his family are fine they were all wearing seat belts and there little one was in a car seat. So other than bumps, bruises and emotional damage they are all doing OK.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2009, 07:39 AM   #3292  
Glitter Guru

Location: On my sunporch- stamping and creating. Enjoying the view :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmandaWView Post
Rice casserole. I really don't follow receipes but here is what I do.

4 large chicken breast cooked chopped.
1 large head or bag frozen broccoli.
1 cup Chopped carrots
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
half a package of velveeta cheese
2 cups milk
4 cups rice cooked

Put everything into a casserole dish and bake until it's done. Glad you enjoyed it. We always have this at our family get togethers.

Thank you soo much!

I'll keep your brother and family in our prayers.

Check out my stamping blog.

Design team member for qkrstampede and eurekastamps
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2009, 09:00 AM   #3293  
Watercolor Wizard

Oh, my goodness...I just can't imagine what your brother is going through. I will keep them all in my prayers.

Quote:

Hello Ladies,

I wanted to ask for your prayers for my Brother Jody and his Family. They were driving home two days ago and a Drunk man pulled out in front of my brother......My brother hit him doing 60 mph the man was in a small car and my brother drives a large truck it totaled his truck so you can imagine what the small car looks like. The man was very drunk (@3:00pm) and had two children in the car NOT in car seats or seat belts the three year old boy was thrown out of the car and over 30 feet. The three year old boy died today and the man is not far behind he has severe brain damage and is on life support. I haven't been able to get info on the other child in the car. So please keep them all in your prayers. My brother is about to loose his mind he loves kids so much and now he has convinced himself that he has killed at least one. My Brother and his family are fine they were all wearing seat belts and there little one was in a car seat. So other than bumps, bruises and emotional damage they are all doing OK.

Last edited by EmGee458; 03-19-2009 at 09:36 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2009, 09:09 AM   #3294  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Hello Ladies,

Oh my goodness. Hopefully, they will be about to get some grief counseling through the church or hospital.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2009, 09:42 AM   #3295  
Pearl-ExPert

oh Amanda I don't know what to say.. hopefully your brother will be able to accept that in no way way whatsoever was he at fault....

Apparently customer service is NOT dead after all. You all know the Entertainment books right? they get shipped out in November every year. well last fall I got email notification that my 2009 book was coming..only the address was wrong due to our move. so I had immediately emailed asking them to send one to the right address and got a canned response basically saying wait x number of days. well after numerous attempts I gave up having never gotten through to a real human being.

well a few months ago I filled out a survey for the book and in it I said I would NOT recommend it to anyone based on my experiences with customer service, detailing exactly what I had done to try and get a book redelivered. well I am here to tell you that somebody actually DOES read those things because I came home to an email from them saying they researched my account and could they please overnight me a book as an apology( not really they got paid for the damn thing hheheh)..

oh and BTW, apparently there are NO Staples and NO Office depots within a 50 mile radius. Tracy's GPS says so....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2009, 09:48 AM   #3296  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Hello Ladies,

How horrible...thank goodness your brother and his family are fine and it is most definitely not his fault - the person that was drunk at 3 in the afternoon and then put kids in his car I cannot fathom what would cause someone to do that. He is definitely in our thoughts and I hope he is able to realize he most certainly is not to blame!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2009, 09:57 AM   #3297  
Crimping Master

fyi Unity Stamp co. is doing 30% off their site today and any order over $50 gets this set free!! Go to their page and the code for 30% off is on their blog

http://www.unitystampco.com/stamps/5..._little_winter
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2009, 10:59 AM   #3298  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

How horrible...thank goodness your brother and his family are fine and it is most definitely not his fault - the person that was drunk at 3 in the afternoon and then put kids in his car I cannot fathom what would cause someone to do that. He is definitely in our thoughts and I hope he is able to realize he most certainly is not to blame!
What she said. They are in my thoughts.
Old 03-19-2009, 11:14 AM   #3299  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Morning!!!

Kimmi - wow!!! Thank you so much! love the sleepers/swimsuits and formula woohooo
Aren't those bathing suits too much? I think the girls wore them twice, so I hope you get some use out of them, even if it's just for pictures.

I have a few baby thank you cards I can send you too. I actually ended up combining some of mine with the announcement.
Old 03-19-2009, 11:24 AM   #3300  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by MelenaPrincessView Post
Aren't those bathing suits too much? I think the girls wore them twice, so I hope you get some use out of them, even if it's just for pictures.

I have a few baby thank you cards I can send you too. I actually ended up combining some of mine with the announcement.
We live right across from the pool so I am sure we will go fairly often - autumn has been stalking it since we moved in

LOL I am going to attempt to make those too (announcements) haha I bought the "introducing" stamp set from stampin up and one of the cards at the swap inspired me =0) Now me actually making them though is another story LOL they may go out on her first birthday hahahaha Maybe it is my fault she is late since I am always running behind on everything LOL maybe it applies to my labors as well
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2009, 05:20 PM   #3301  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Hello Ladies,

Amanda I am so sorry that your brother and his family are having to go through this, it certainly was not his fault and through the grace of God he and his family were not hurt as well. I will keep them and the other family in my thoughts and prayers too. I can only imagine how the mother of the little boy is feeling knowing that her children's father put their lives at such risk. I agree with Tracy, hopefully your brother will be able to get some counseling to realize it was not his fault.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-20-2009, 05:55 AM   #3302  
Crimping Master

Good morning. Hope everyone has had a nice week.

Stacey, how are you doing? Any baby news yet?

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmGee458View Post
Yes, it IS a small world, neighbor! Next Saturday, Kathi and I are taking a Copics Class at Create IT Crafts in Glen Burnie. Afterwards, some of the other girls are meeting us at the store for some craft shopping and then we're going to lunch at Bennigan's if you'd like to join us!
Mary, I didn't know there was a craft shop in GB - and they sell Copics. I'll have to check it out. I wish I could meet you on Saturday afternoon but I'll be busy stamping. I'm having a birthday card Stamp-a-Stack here at my house. I still have room if anyone is interested. It should be fun. I promise I'm going to meet up with you girls sometime.

Well I'm off to be a guest reader at my granddaughters' school today. They attend the school where I taught before I retired so I enjoy going back there. Have a great day everyone.

The best things in life are the people we love, the places we've been and the memories we've made along the way - unknown

SCS Gallery

Check out my blog!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-20-2009, 05:59 AM   #3303  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Hello Ladies,

Amanda, I'm so sorry to hear about your brother's accident. I'll keep them in my prayers.

The best things in life are the people we love, the places we've been and the memories we've made along the way - unknown

SCS Gallery

Check out my blog!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-20-2009, 06:30 AM   #3304  
Pearl-ExPert

Lab work is back.. still high but dropping so he just wants to monitor and get labwork done every 2 months instead of every 3. and the debacle with my Rx is taken care of so that's also a relief.

I have no excuses I MUST get 5 birthday cards done( including my saint of a MIL..yes I actually LIKE mine!) and an anniversary card.

the mental block I had with the Easter card I was working on is gone...Tracy those rimmed tags you gave me worked great..Thanks!.

wish me luck and creativity!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-20-2009, 06:33 AM   #3305  
Watercolor Wizard

Paula- Create IT Crafts is in the Center at Glen Burnie (the former Glen Burnie Mall) at the BoneFish entrance. You'll definitely have to check it out!

What school did you teach at?? I work at Jacobsville Elementary.

Have fun at your stamp-a-stack! Maybe we can make it to the next one!

Quote:

Originally Posted by heyheypaulaView Post
Good morning. Hope everyone has had a nice week.

Stacey, how are you doing? Any baby news yet?

Mary, I didn't know there was a craft shop in GB - and they sell Copics. I'll have to check it out. I wish I could meet you on Saturday afternoon but I'll be busy stamping. I'm having a birthday card Stamp-a-Stack here at my house. I still have room if anyone is interested. It should be fun. I promise I'm going to meet up with you girls sometime.

Well I'm off to be a guest reader at my granddaughters' school today. They attend the school where I taught before I retired so I enjoy going back there. Have a great day everyone.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-20-2009, 06:34 AM   #3306  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrsjvbView Post
Lab work is back.. still high but dropping so he just wants to monitor and get labwork done every 2 months instead of every 3. and the debacle with my Rx is taken care of so that's also a relief.

I have no excuses I MUST get 5 birthday cards done( including my saint of a MIL..yes I actually LIKE mine!) and an anniversary card.

the mental block I had with the Easter card I was working on is gone...Tracy those rimmed tags you gave me worked great..Thanks!.

wish me luck and creativity!
Glad the lab work came back okay.

I'm sending creative vibes your way!! Good luck with the b-day cards!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-20-2009, 06:41 AM   #3307  
Hardware Hotshot

Morning all!

Hope you all are doing well, off and running need groceries.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-20-2009, 10:13 AM   #3308  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmGee458View Post
Paula- Create IT Crafts is in the Center at Glen Burnie (the former Glen Burnie Mall) at the BoneFish entrance. You'll definitely have to check it out!

What school did you teach at?? I work at Jacobsville Elementary.

Have fun at your stamp-a-stack! Maybe we can make it to the next one!
Mary - I was a reading resource teacher at Ridgeway Elementary in Severn. My son went to Jacobsville many years ago - he's 33 now. Jacobsville used to be the school for our neighborhood but now it's Pasadena Elementary.

SCS Gallery

Check out my blog!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-20-2009, 10:36 AM   #3309  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey gals. I just wanted to mention that I am now part of the Friday Fun Challenge Team. If you are interested in joining in on the fun you can find details on my blog.
Old 03-20-2009, 11:24 AM   #3310  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by MelenaPrincessView Post
Hey gals. I just wanted to mention that I am now part of the Friday Fun Challenge Team. If you are interested in joining in on the fun you can find details on my blog.
Thanks for sharing!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-20-2009, 11:50 AM   #3311  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Mary - I was a reading resource teacher at Ridgeway Elementary in Severn. My son went to Jacobsville many years ago - he's 33 now. Jacobsville used to be the school for our neighborhood but now it's Pasadena Elementary.
My son went to Jacobsville for 4th and 5th grade (he'll be 30 in Sept.) your son was out before he got there...

I used to work with a girl who went to Ridgeway as a reading assistant...her name is Donna, but I don't think she's working anymore.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-20-2009, 02:08 PM   #3312  
Gallery Gazer

Hi Ladies

I don't think I'm going to make lunch tomorrow. I'm stressed out and don't think I would be good company. I'll catch you all next time have fun!

Amanda
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-20-2009, 02:14 PM   #3313  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Hi Ladies

I don't think I'm going to make lunch tomorrow. I'm stressed out and don't think I would be good company. I'll catch you all next time have fun!

Amanda
Aw, we'll miss you, but we understand! Take care!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-21-2009, 04:56 AM   #3314  
Crimping Master

Good morning. I'm up early (for me!) - a few last minute things to do to get ready for the stamp-a-stack today. My demo posted one of the cards we're making. It's so cute. Check it out
http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/.../photo/1281901

I made Spring seed pockets as favors for my guest. I hope they like them. I'll post a picture later.

Have a fun day. Enjoy your copics class and lunch.

SCS Gallery

Check out my blog!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-21-2009, 05:43 AM   #3315  
Pearl-ExPert

Paula that is such a clever card for your SaS!.

I Love my FlowerSoft, don't get me wrong. It's just that it takes 2 days to make a card using it. first you color and sprinkle then you gotta let it sit and dry. I used a Precious Moments I got in WRAK. it's going to be really cute. I wonder if I need to go ahead and buy a new camera.. I am almost certain that the one DH has will be ruined by the sand, not that he has taken ONE picture in the 2 months he's been there....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-21-2009, 05:46 AM   #3316  
Pearl-ExPert

I wanted this separate to make it easier to find:

Coffee and dessert at my house, Saturday the 28th at 630 pm. Anyone who wants to come and doesn't already have my address, PM me. I will suggest that anyone who can carpools. I have no parking...

and don't forget that my PC party closes Friday the 27th!( assuming my consultant is not in labor at the time that is... )
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-21-2009, 10:26 AM   #3317  
Gallery Gazer

Hello Ladies

I signed up for the all day crop at Create it on the 28th. Anyone what to join me? I signed up to play with there copic airbrush system I wanna play with it before buying it. How bad is that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-21-2009, 11:43 AM   #3318  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Hello Ladies

I signed up for the all day crop at Create it on the 28th. Anyone what to join me? I signed up to play with there copic airbrush system I wanna play with it before buying it. How bad is that.
It's SO cool, Amanda! Kathi actually used it at the Copics class we went to today! You can't use it with the Ciao markers, so I won't be buying it...but it still looks like it would be lots of fun to play with!

We had a good time at the class...I THINK I'll be able to shade with the markers, now! I bought some more colors plus lots of other stuff...hey, can't pass up a 15% discount, now can I?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-21-2009, 03:28 PM   #3319  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Good morning. I'm up early (for me!) - a few last minute things to do to get ready for the stamp-a-stack today. My demo posted one of the cards we're making. It's so cute. Check it out
http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/.../photo/1281901

I made Spring seed pockets as favors for my guest. I hope they like them. I'll post a picture later.

Have a fun day. Enjoy your copics class and lunch.
What a coincidence Paula! I just happened to see that card yesterday and loved it! Lucky you to be getting to make it! I can't wait to see the Spring seed pockets you made, they sound very cute! Hope you had fun at your stamp-a-stack!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2009, 06:10 AM   #3320  
Watercolor Wizard

Good morning!!! I'm off to stamp camp!
Reply With Quote Likes