Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-26-2009, 03:50 AM   #3001  
Gallery Gazer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good Morning!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2009, 04:02 AM   #3002  
Crimping Master

Morning!

Thanks for the update Tracy!!!

I am doing well - the contractions stopped last night so who knows I did not know I was contracting before though LOL so I am worried i am going to be walking and end up playing catch hahahahaha My luck I will go 2 more weeks.

Labor & delivery at Bethesda said not to come in until I am 10 minutes apart for more than an hour, I was like uhm you do know this is #4, I am on meade and my last pregnancy I went from 4 to 10 in less than an hour LOL I was told I "should" be fine hahahaha
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2009, 04:26 AM   #3003  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emerald77View Post
Morning!

I am doing well - the contractions stopped last night so who knows I did not know I was contracting before though LOL so I am worried i am going to be walking and end up playing catch hahahahaha My luck I will go 2 more weeks.

Labor & delivery at Bethesda said not to come in until I am 10 minutes apart for more than an hour, I was like uhm you do know this is #4, I am on meade and my last pregnancy I went from 4 to 10 in less than an hour LOL I was told I "should" be fine hahahaha
...and HOW long does it take to get to Bethesda...without traffic???
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2009, 04:30 AM   #3004  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmGee458View Post
...and HOW long does it take to get to Bethesda...without traffic???
No one knows this has NEVER happend! LOL

Sorry Stacy couldn't help myself!

The one trip we made was over three hours with traffic.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2009, 04:57 AM   #3005  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hmmmm, never been bye Bathesda without severe traffic, but 10 minutes seems pretty conservative. I know with the girls they wanted me to wait until they were 5 mins apart for over an hour before even calling, and I delivered up at Bayview which was a good 40 mins away. If it makes you feel any better I sat at 4cm for 4 weeks with the girls and had contractions the whole time. I hope things move quickly and relatively pain free for you. This is our first Meade Girl Baby. How exciting
Old 02-26-2009, 05:26 AM   #3006  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Morning!

Holy cow. Don't listen to them. You know your body and if you feel it's getting close go and just lie when you get there.lol Fourth baby may not be predictable. I didn't even know for sure I was having contractions, since it just was a pressure that was coming on a regular basis.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2009, 05:27 AM   #3007  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by MelenaPrincessView Post
Hmmmm, never been bye Bathesda without severe traffic, but 10 minutes seems pretty conservative. I know with the girls they wanted me to wait until they were 5 mins apart for over an hour before even calling, and I delivered up at Bayview which was a good 40 mins away. If it makes you feel any better I sat at 4cm for 4 weeks with the girls and had contractions the whole time. I hope things move quickly and relatively pain free for you. This is our first Meade Girl Baby. How exciting
Oh wow!! yeah I was induced with first 2 and with #3 I was at 4 with a few contractions but it was Friday LOL so my civilian doctor (gotta love those) sent me in to the hospital and he came in and gave me a little pitocin to kick start the contractions - so i have never truly been thru this process before, never had my water break on its own, and not really had to ever worry about counting the contractions, I normally do not get to 3 or 4 cm though until week 40 so this is definitely a whole new experience (sorry dawnmarie hahahaha she is probably like can we get back to marinating octupus LOL)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2009, 05:28 AM   #3008  
Inking Addict

Quote:

Where did you guys go for sushi? You do know about Olive & Sesame, right? It's at the intersection of Rt. 100 and Magothy Beach Road...ALMOST walking distance from your house! Of course, not being a sushi-eater, I've never been there, but I've heard from others that it's very good...
I live just south of Towson and we like to eat at a place called Sushi Hana. My daughter's name is Hannah and she thinks it is her place! She is 6 and loves sushi too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2009, 05:29 AM   #3009  
Crimping Master

Yes traffic to bethesda is horrendous...for a 10 or 11 am appt. I will leave at 730 to 8 to squeeze in on time. I have made it home in 30 minutes though but getting there can take 2-3 hours easily!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2009, 11:05 AM   #3010  
Gallery Gazer

Question for all of you. How do you all store your Stamps both loose and SU in cases?

I guess I'm getting to the point that my current shelf is no longer working. I need help!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2009, 11:16 AM   #3011  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmandaWView Post
Question for all of you. How do you all store your Stamps both loose and SU in cases?

I guess I'm getting to the point that my current shelf is no longer working. I need help!
I'll be interested in hearing what everyone else has to say, too! When I first started, I used an old VCR tape stand but now that my stamp collection has grown...I have no organization to them at all! I have some clingfoam stamps that are just in baggies, individual wood mounted stamps are in every nook and cranny...I need an organization person to come in and redo my stamp room! Well, it MIGHT help if I cleaned up a bit up there, too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2009, 11:28 AM   #3012  
Crimping Master

Quote:

My loose clear/un mounted rubber with cling stamps I store in these plastic cases from inque boutique that go in a 3 ring binder, and my stampin up are stacked in their boxes on my shelf, and with my unity stamps that use thin wood mounts with metal loops - I took a wooden shelf drilled in the ends put thru a wooden dowel, hung some curtain hooks with little clips like on the clip it up and I clipped the stamps.

I am thinking about for my unmounted cause I have a large amount, going to a method I saw on unity. they took those plastic box things you can buy at target kinda like an old milk crate and they laminated a piece of 8 1/2 x 11 chipboard stuck on the stamps and then slid the chipbpard in a plastic sleeve. Holds a ton of stamps and my binders take up too much room and I have ran out of room in them!

I will post some pics on my blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2009, 01:55 PM   #3013  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

My loose clear/un mounted rubber with cling stamps I store in these plastic cases from inque boutique that go in a 3 ring binder, and my stampin up are stacked in their boxes on my shelf, and with my unity stamps that use thin wood mounts with metal loops - I took a wooden shelf drilled in the ends put thru a wooden dowel, hung some curtain hooks with little clips like on the clip it up and I clipped the stamps.

I am thinking about for my unmounted cause I have a large amount, going to a method I saw on unity. they took those plastic box things you can buy at target kinda like an old milk crate and they laminated a piece of 8 1/2 x 11 chipboard stuck on the stamps and then slid the chipbpard in a plastic sleeve. Holds a ton of stamps and my binders take up too much room and I have ran out of room in them!

I will post some pics on my blog
Great pics Stacy! Love the shelf what a great idea. Do you have a 8.5 X 11 laminating machine? I'm thinking about unmounting my SU (gasp I know) I love wood mount but I'm really running out of room and I can't find anything.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2009, 03:46 PM   #3014  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Great pics Stacy! Love the shelf what a great idea. Do you have a 8.5 X 11 laminating machine? I'm thinking about unmounting my SU (gasp I know) I love wood mount but I'm really running out of room and I can't find anything.
I do - I have the large xyron that you can use a laminating cartridge for and I have the provo craft "your story" that you can heat laminate with. When I laminate the cardboard I will probably just use the xyron or depending on cost I may let staples do it to save the cartridge =0)

Unmounting SU is tricky!! when i used to grab stamps off ebay I would sometimes pull off the stamps to trim better and their adhesive is so strong it could tear the foam if you were not VERY careful. I actually think the foam really helps the stamped image though - which is why Inque before they went under had thier "secret weapon" which was stamping into a foam pad - it somehow helps with the stamping and I think that is why I love my Unity and SU stamps the best because they have that foam backing.

If you can get them off though I love my unmounted unity stamps - they have some cling on the back so they stick to an acrylic block like a clear stamp but they are red rubber and they stamp like a wood mounted stamp just dont take up quite the space =0) We should have a stampin organization party - go on a shopping trip to get the stuff we need then sit and get our stamps in order!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2009, 06:19 PM   #3015  
Forum Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Stacy, you will have to show me how to use the Unity Stamps, I have been to their website but cannot quite understand how you use them. So I've been hesitant to buy any but if I see them in action then I would probably be ok! I'm a little dense sometimes when it comes to ready about something, I have to actually SEE it before things sink in!

Gee, I sure hope you make it to the swap next Saturday before baby comes along!

Stampin' Up! Demonstrator

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2009, 06:29 PM   #3016  
Pearl-ExPert

are you kidding, with our luck her water will break AT the swap!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2009, 06:30 PM   #3017  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

My loose wood-mounted stamps are stored in those plastic 3-drawer storage units or in a plastic tote. My SU stamps are stacked on the shelves of an old entertainment center that is in my stamp room but I have all my SU Fall and Christmas stamps stored in one of the large bottom drawers of the center to keep them separate. My acrylic stamps are all in their original plastic bags or cd cases they came in and just stored in a cardboard box, separated by brand. I have a bunch of empty cd cases and some other storage cases that I bought from MFT and GinaK, I just have to go through and take the ones out of the plastic bags and organize them in the storage cases. One of these days I'll get to that!

But I'm running out of room in the entertainment center to store all my SU stamps! I don't have any intention of unmounting them though, I really love my wood mounted stamps! I do go through them periodically and ones I haven't used in ages and don't particularly like anymore get sold on eBay. I'll also be bringing some to the swap to put in the silent auction!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2009, 06:32 PM   #3018  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrsjvbView Post
Well, I've been at both my grandson's births so if this one slides out as easy as she thinks it will, I think we can handle it!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2009, 06:03 AM   #3019  
Pearl-ExPert

Speak for yourself, I will be the one trying to get a signal to dial 911.

Today on my list of things to do is make a bunch of cards to stash in the next box I send off to John. The guys have asked for Love You/Miss You cards as well as generic Birthday ones.

I colored a whole bunch of WRAK images yesterday, so today I need to just come up with a layout. Oh yeah and finish my 2 welcoming committee RAK cards.

and I suppose I need to think about March's Christmas cards too....but I'd rather do spring-y cards.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2009, 06:37 AM   #3020  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathi127View Post
Well, I've been at both my grandson's births so if this one slides out as easy as she thinks it will, I think we can handle it!
It's all you Kathi! I'm a puker!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2009, 07:04 AM   #3021  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

I can boil water! Oh, wait...do we even have a stove...or at least a microwave available?????
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2009, 07:23 AM   #3022  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

I can boil water! Oh, wait...do we even have a stove...or at least a microwave available?????
LOL!

Stacy hasn't posted today...... Stacy are you out there?!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2009, 10:03 AM   #3023  
Crimping Master

Quote:

hahahahaha thanks for the vote of confidence - I actually went to bethesda last night my contractions were 5 minutes apart, so they monitored me and said yep baby is in place contractions are regular BUT they are not causing me to dilate anymore so they sent me home LOL

They have stopped now so I am foreseeing this being an ongoing process

so now I am to go in when my contractions are "bad"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2009, 10:03 AM   #3024  
Crimping Master

I am here =0) I slept in - we got in at 2ish and I have been playing catch up at work all day!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2009, 10:07 AM   #3025  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Stacy, you will have to show me how to use the Unity Stamps, I have been to their website but cannot quite understand how you use them. So I've been hesitant to buy any but if I see them in action then I would probably be ok! I'm a little dense sometimes when it comes to ready about something, I have to actually SEE it before things sink in!

Gee, I sure hope you make it to the swap next Saturday before baby comes along!
They are pretty easy...they have the unmounted ones that just stick to a block like a clear stamp, and then they have the ones on the thin wood mounts - these can either be stamped like normal or you can buy their blocks and these stamps will slide into their blocks to give you a more "traditional" feel. I have all the stuff though - I stumbled on them before they opened and joined their monthly kit and got hooked on her sales LOL

My card swap card actually is using one of their easter stamps - so you will get to play with that one at the swap.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2009, 09:11 PM   #3026  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

They are pretty easy...they have the unmounted ones that just stick to a block like a clear stamp, and then they have the ones on the thin wood mounts - these can either be stamped like normal or you can buy their blocks and these stamps will slide into their blocks to give you a more "traditional" feel. I have all the stuff though - I stumbled on them before they opened and joined their monthly kit and got hooked on her sales LOL

My card swap card actually is using one of their easter stamps - so you will get to play with that one at the swap.
Very cool! Of course that is, IF you make it to the swap!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2009, 05:25 AM   #3027  
Watercolor Wizard

Oh, darn! I didn't win the MegaMillions! But then again, nobody did...so I have a shot at $212 million on Tuesday...just THINK of all the stamping stuff I could buy with THAT!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2009, 05:41 AM   #3028  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Oh, darn! I didn't win the MegaMillions! But then again, nobody did...so I have a shot at $212 million on Tuesday...just THINK of all the stamping stuff I could buy with THAT!
and all the new BEST FRIENDS you would have! LOL

Good luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2009, 10:46 AM   #3029  
Crimping Master

LOL with that kind of money the best friends would be coming from all directions......well I survived a road trip to Silver Springs to the art store for some "springy" copic colors - mine were too dark!!! Then I braved Michaels for my swap items I needed and of course I left my paper home LOL so needless to say I got the basics but not the coordinated stuff - nothing like last minute huh? No new news on baby front - I am about to attempt a commissary run so that should be fun - guess I will carry around a jar of pickles (at a baby class I took with my 1st, the instructor said when you are close - carry pickles around the store and if your water breaks - break the jar LOL).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2009, 11:49 AM   #3030  
Watercolor Wizard

Kathi insipired me...I just got up the nerve to post to the Meade Girls' blog!

Last edited by EmGee458; 02-28-2009 at 11:58 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2009, 06:51 AM   #3031  
Pearl-ExPert

so, I was putting together the cards for John's box and I realized that I am running low on envelopes. anybody have a favorite cheap source? If I read the site correctly,looks like Anchorpaper.com runs under $10 for 250. didn't check to see on free shipping though.

or are we ready to make a bulk buy of clear ones like was being discussed earlier? I am wanting at minimum 100 but am more interested in 250. I'd also like to dabble in some of the square ones too,as I'd like to start making that size as well.

and who ordered the snow?! March is supposed to be Spring dangit.....

Last edited by Mrsjvb; 03-01-2009 at 06:54 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2009, 07:01 AM   #3032  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

so, I was putting together the cards for John's box and I realized that I am running low on envelopes. anybody have a favorite cheap source? If I read the site correctly,looks like Anchorpaper.com runs under $10 for 250. didn't check to see on free shipping though.

or are we ready to make a bulk buy of clear ones like was being discussed earlier? I am wanting at minimum 100 but am more interested in 250. I'd also like to dabble in some of the square ones too,as I'd like to start making that size as well.

Not in MD! We've gotten some of our biggest snowstorms in March!!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2009, 07:12 AM   #3033  
Watercolor Wizard

Well, Kathi has been my biggest inspiration lately! After much deliberation, I started a blog! I have no idea WHO will want to read my ramblings, but I started one anyway! Right now it's small and still needs work, but here's the link if you're interested! http://mystampinhide-away.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2009, 07:13 AM   #3034  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

There's a place off of Washington Blvd. right off Exit 10 off of 695 called Xpedx that is a cheap source for envelopes. I think Amanda and Rhonda went there a while back and got really good deals on A-2 size envelopes and other stuff too! I'm going to be needing envelopes soon myself so maybe we can make a trip there soon?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2009, 07:38 AM   #3035  
Pearl-ExPert

that sounds good,I have seen that store name on other threads but having never heard of them before wasn't sure if there was one around.

Guess that means I am the only NonBlogger of the group left....I am lucky to update my Facebook page....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2009, 08:03 AM   #3036  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Well, Kathi has been my biggest inspiration lately! After much deliberation, I started a blog! I have no idea WHO will want to read my ramblings, but I started one anyway! Right now it's small and still needs work, but here's the link if you're interested! http://mystampinhide-away.blogspot.com/
Woo! Hoo! You Go Girl!!!! It looks wonderful! I've got you linked on mine!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2009, 08:11 AM   #3037  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Woo! Hoo! You Go Girl!!!! It looks wonderful! I've got you linked on mine!
Thanks, Kathi! I have you, Amanda and the Meade Blog linked on mine, too.

I really like yours better,though- I guess it's the 'cutesy' look to it! Blogspot didn't offer anything quite as cute, but that's what you get for free!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2009, 08:12 AM   #3038  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

that sounds good,I have seen that store name on other threads but having never heard of them before wasn't sure if there was one around.

Guess that means I am the only NonBlogger of the group left....I am lucky to update my Facebook page....
But this is the perfect time to remedy that while John is gone and you're home all alone! It really WAS easier than I thought it would be to do!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2009, 09:54 AM   #3039  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

There's a place off of Washington Blvd. right off Exit 10 off of 695 called Xpedx that is a cheap source for envelopes. I think Amanda and Rhonda went there a while back and got really good deals on A-2 size envelopes and other stuff too! I'm going to be needing envelopes soon myself so maybe we can make a trip there soon?
Great place and super customer service! I ordered all the envelopes for my daughter's wedding there! I had my daughters with me when I was there both to order and pick up so I didn't get to explore the store...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2009, 09:56 AM   #3040  
Glitter Guru

[QUOTE=Mrsjvb;13278937]that sounds good,I have seen that store name on other threads but having never heard of them before wasn't sure if there was one around.

Guess that means I am the only NonBlogger of the group left....I am lucky to update my Facebook page....[/QUOTE]

Nope, I don't have a blog and I don't do facebook either... Gee, I am lucky to keep up with my email
Reply With Quote Likes