Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-20-2008, 05:44 AM   #2041  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went by Create IT Crafts last night and picked up my new Nestabilities that Kim had ordered for me. I got Labels One and Two. Now, I just need to find some time to play with my new toys!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2008, 06:07 AM   #2042  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmGee458View Post
Sorry to hear you're not feeling well, Kathi!! There's so much illness going around!

You know, if you're really stuffy, I found THE BEST invention...Zicam Extreme Congestion Relief nose spray gel. 2 squirts, a couple of blows and then you're clear for about 12 hours!!! It's wonderful!!!

Hope you feel better soon- and my feeling is whatever gets done gets done and whatever doesn't doesn't. Santa will still come (and I'm SURE he's seen a messy house before!) and the next day you won't be worried about what didn't get done! Just rest up and get well!!!

I really should get busy- I want to clean the familyroom, and wrap. Tomorrow I plan on going to the grocery store and baking...although I'm not baking too much...and I want to make some buckeyes and some chocolate covered peanut-butter Ritz Bitz (yumm!)
Yes Zicam is good stuff. I keep it in the house at all times.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2008, 07:39 AM   #2043  
Pearl-ExPert

I got the puppy dawg face today.. he wants snickerdoodles.. so I sent him out to buy cinnamon since I don't have enough in the house to make 'em.. hehehhehe.

wasn't to going to do any baking since it's just us two for Christmas and the stepson doesn't come until the 30th and is only here 3 days....but he gave me The Look..and who can resist The Look especially when he tacked on the guilt trip of him leaving in a week....

I thought only Girls were manipulative?!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2008, 07:41 AM   #2044  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrsjvbView Post
I got the puppy dawg face today.. he wants snickerdoodles.. so I sent him out to buy cinnamon since I don't have enough in the house to make 'em.. hehehhehe.

wasn't to going to do any baking since it's just us two for Christmas and the stepson doesn't come until the 30th and is only here 3 days....but he gave me The Look..and who can resist The Look especially when he tacked on the guilt trip of him leaving in a week....

Men are good learners and they learn from the BEST!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2008, 09:41 AM   #2045  
Hardware Hotshot

Feel better Kathi!

Just got done baking the last batch of gingerbeard cookies. Now tomorrow DH and the kids can decorate them. Off to look for a Russian tea cookie recipe since I can't find mine...the search begins.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2008, 01:48 PM   #2046  
Gallery Gazer

Updated my blog it's funny.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2008, 10:12 PM   #2047  
Forum Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Sorry to hear you're not feeling well, Kathi!! There's so much illness going around!

You know, if you're really stuffy, I found THE BEST invention...Zicam Extreme Congestion Relief nose spray gel. 2 squirts, a couple of blows and then you're clear for about 12 hours!!! It's wonderful!!!

Hope you feel better soon- and my feeling is whatever gets done gets done and whatever doesn't doesn't. Santa will still come (and I'm SURE he's seen a messy house before!) and the next day you won't be worried about what didn't get done! Just rest up and get well!!!

I really should get busy- I want to clean the familyroom, and wrap. Tomorrow I plan on going to the grocery store and baking...although I'm not baking too much...and I want to make some buckeyes and some chocolate covered peanut-butter Ritz Bitz (yumm!)
Thanks Mary! I'll have to get some of that nose spray! I did have 3 Zicam chewables here that I used the first day but I guess I should have bought another bottle because I don't think 3 was enough to knock it outta me. I worked on cards all day today but thank goodness I'm finally done and I can get them in the mail tomorrow. I think the local ones will arrive before Christmas but I had a couple of out of state that might not get there until after Christmas. Oh well, it's the thought that counts I guess!

The house isn't too bad really, but I have no gifts wrapped at all! That will be tomorrow's project along with a couple of errands in the afternoon. They are saying sleet and freezing rain in the a.m. but turning to rain in the p.m. so I'll wait until I know the roads aren't icy before I venture out. I don't mind the snow but driving on ice is another thing altogether! Yea, depending on how much I get done tomorrow, there may not be a whole lot of baking going on here either but hey, I can bake after Christmas, can't I?

Stampin' Up! Demonstrator

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2008, 10:15 PM   #2048  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Oh no, I think men are way worse than us girls! They are experts in laying on the guilt!!!

Hope your cold is better Dawnmarie!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2008, 10:18 PM   #2049  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by tracyltrippView Post
Feel better Kathi!

Just got done baking the last batch of gingerbeard cookies. Now tomorrow DH and the kids can decorate them. Off to look for a Russian tea cookie recipe since I can't find mine...the search begins.
Oh yummm! Russian tea cookies!!!!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-21-2008, 06:32 AM   #2050  
Pearl-ExPert

I love russian tea.. how do you make cookies that match?!
since the weather outside is frightful with a lovely coating of ice on everything, we are staying put. I think I will do my January Birthday cards and maybe get some ideas for Valentine's day while I am at it.

John is actually taking the week after Christmas off.. he basically told them it was either going to be leave or leave in transit so they might as well suck it up and accept he won't be at work.

so I get to do a last huge Commissary and Costco run before he takes off for San Diego and parts dry sandy and hostile on the 4th. But oh man is the checking account going to be empty for a month or so. Which means no shopping for toys for me at least until mid February! and dammit I want the Nesties Labels!

Thank goodness we all get a payraise in January!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-21-2008, 06:38 AM   #2051  
Forum Fanatic

[QUOTE=Mrsjvb;12437341]

Thank goodness we all get a payraise in January![QUOTE]

Not me.... we're getting furloughed and our pay is being reduced from Jan. to June to pay for it But at least I have a job!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-21-2008, 07:54 AM   #2052  
Watercolor Wizard

[QUOTE=Kathi127;12437359][QUOTE=Mrsjvb;12437341]

Quote:

Not me.... we're getting furloughed and our pay is being reduced from Jan. to June to pay for it But at least I have a job!
Sorry to hear about the furloughs and pay reduction, but you're right- at least you still have a job. It's nice that the federal employees get pay raises but it's from a government who can't afford it...and now Obama is talking about sending out another round of stimulus checks...it's nice getting the extra money but I guess they'll have to borrow that money from China, too, just like they did the last round...and unfortunately, the stimulus checks will be used by the majority of people to catch up on bills instead of stimulating the economy.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-21-2008, 08:14 AM   #2053  
Pearl-ExPert

That bites about lack of payraises and furloughs. Luckily I am caught up on bills so if the President wants to send us another stimulus check I solemnly promise to spend it at oh, say, Create It...

We have been very lucky that we can live well on his paycheck alone..and we have already decided to bank his biggest payraise in April when he gets promoted.
After we throw the wetting down, of course....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-21-2008, 11:22 AM   #2054  
Watercolor Wizard

I'll NEVER be ready for Christmas!! Finally got the family room cleaned. Wrapped what I need for tomorrow (work gifts and for my brother's family- they're coming up from southern VA today for a visit so we'll see them at my parents' for dinner tomorrow night). I did get to the grocery store and got everything (I hope!) that I'll need for baking and Christmas breakfast and dinner. I still need to finish wrapping, bake cookies and make candies, clean the kitchen (which I can't do will I'm finished baking!) and clean the bathroom...I'm hoping to get all that done either Tuesday after I get home from school or Wednesday since I'll be off and DH will be working for at least part of the day. I have my cards all done finally but they still need insides in them, but I'll get those done and out in the mail tomorrow! Hopefully they'll arrive at their destinations in time! I'll be glad once things calm down and I can play with my new Nesties that I just got!! (Oh, and the Copics that I'm getting for Christmas that I'm not supposed to know about! My MIL let slip that she bought some for me but I don't think she realized she spilled the beans!) Okay, I'd better go check the laundry now...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-21-2008, 11:50 AM   #2055  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

I love russian tea.. how do you make cookies that match?!
since the weather outside is frightful with a lovely coating of ice on everything, we are staying put. I think I will do my January Birthday cards and maybe get some ideas for Valentine's day while I am at it.

John is actually taking the week after Christmas off.. he basically told them it was either going to be leave or leave in transit so they might as well suck it up and accept he won't be at work.

so I get to do a last huge Commissary and Costco run before he takes off for San Diego and parts dry sandy and hostile on the 4th. But oh man is the checking account going to be empty for a month or so. Which means no shopping for toys for me at least until mid February! and dammit I want the Nesties Labels!

Here's the recipe that I used yesterday. They turned out great!

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Russian...-I/Detail.aspx
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-21-2008, 12:32 PM   #2056  
Pearl-ExPert

ooh yummy..I think I have something to make to lessen the loneliness.....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-21-2008, 04:43 PM   #2057  
Pearl-ExPert

this is going to be a stretch.. but does anybody know of someone who is a Tastefully Simple rep?

I am looking to get some stuff restocked after the first of the year and would rather choose either a military spouse or a SCS
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-21-2008, 06:16 PM   #2058  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

this is going to be a stretch.. but does anybody know of someone who is a Tastefully Simple rep?

I am looking to get some stuff restocked after the first of the year and would rather choose either a military spouse or a SCS
I know a parent at school who is a Tastefully Simple rep. She lives in Deerfield...I'll can get her number for you if you want it. She's not military or SCS, though...let me know.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-21-2008, 06:18 PM   #2059  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

ooh yummy..I think I have something to make to lessen the loneliness.....
With all the candies and cookies you make...how come you don't weigh 300 lbs.!?!?!? I just LOOK at a cookie and gain 2 lbs.!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-21-2008, 07:30 PM   #2060  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Sent you a PM, there is a consultant on Ft. Meade, go to the website and put in Ft. Meade for your city. The one I sent you could be a military spouse who lives in Pasadena...but there is one listed on Ft. Meade.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-22-2008, 02:17 AM   #2061  
Hardware Hotshot

Morning all.

So brrvery cold today 18 degrees!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-22-2008, 02:18 AM   #2062  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

You should have a party for them. I would like to get stuff too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-22-2008, 02:45 AM   #2063  
Watercolor Wizard

Okay, I'm moving someplace WARM!!!! Anyone with me?? I can't believe how cold it is!! My poor knees...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-22-2008, 02:58 AM   #2064  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Okay, I'm moving someplace WARM!!!! Anyone with me?? I can't believe how cold it is!! My poor knees...
Where too? Should I start packing now?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-22-2008, 04:53 AM   #2065  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

I'm packing my bags now!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-22-2008, 05:27 AM   #2066  
Glitter Guru

I'm ready for some warmth too! Too bad I couldn't have joined Jana this week - she's in Jamaica!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-22-2008, 05:37 AM   #2067  
Pearl-ExPert

The Wind last night was HORRID..woke me up.. from the first decent night's NON drug induced sleep I have had in a week.

the scratchy throat is gone, as is the fever.. but ONE nostril is drippy. just one.. do you have any idea how annoying blowing half a nose is?!

yeah, I think maybe I will have a party after the new year.. for both Pampered Chef and Tastefully Simple. It will give me no excuse to NOT clean and cook.

Generally speaking would you prefer a weeknight or a weekend?!

On today's agenda is a grocery and Costco list, normally I wing it, but this time I will go through the pantry and freezer to determine the heavy stuff and non perishables, so when I do venture out into the wilderness all I will need to get most days are perishables. I sort of like my eggs and milk.

Also have a couple more Birthday cards to do and I SUPPOSE I ought to make a Christmas card for my Spousal Unit. I think he sort of expects it....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-22-2008, 06:16 AM   #2068  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

The Wind last night was HORRID..woke me up.. from the first decent night's NON drug induced sleep I have had in a week.

the scratchy throat is gone, as is the fever.. but ONE nostril is drippy. just one.. do you have any idea how annoying blowing half a nose is?!

yeah, I think maybe I will have a party after the new year.. for both Pampered Chef and Tastefully Simple. It will give me no excuse to NOT clean and cook.

On today's agenda is a grocery and Costco list, normally I wing it, but this time I will go through the pantry and freezer to determine the heavy stuff and non perishables, so when I do venture out into the wilderness all I will need to get most days are perishables. I sort of like my eggs and milk.

Also have a couple more Birthday cards to do and I SUPPOSE I ought to make a Christmas card for my Spousal Unit. I think he sort of expects it....
I prefer afternoons on a weekend. So Hubby is home to watch the kids.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-22-2008, 06:55 AM   #2069  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by tracyltrippView Post
Morning all.

So brrvery cold today 18 degrees!
dont forget the 0 degree windchill I nearly froze my ears off walking autumn to school!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-22-2008, 07:09 AM   #2070  
Crimping Master

What nestabilities do you all recommend? I really want to start getting them but I am not sure which ones I want first LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-22-2008, 07:10 AM   #2071  
Crimping Master

Amanda I am in awe of your gingerbread house - I actually did not get around to one this year but mine NEVER looked that good!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-22-2008, 07:20 AM   #2072  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emerald77View Post
What nestabilities do you all recommend? I really want to start getting them but I am not sure which ones I want first LOL
I started with the ovals and circles...squares I can cut myself. I just got the new Labels One and Two...can't wait to play with those!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-22-2008, 07:23 AM   #2073  
Watercolor Wizard

I got a card from the Tastefully Simple parent here at school in case you want it...

Quote:

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-22-2008, 07:32 AM   #2074  
Crimping Master

Quote:

I started with the ovals and circles...squares I can cut myself. I just got the new Labels One and Two...can't wait to play with those!
yeah I have been eyeing the ovals (do you know the difference between the regular and petites?) - someone posted on the Unity board a site a cut above that does a monthly 40% off coupon, so I think I will try to buy a set a month or every other month...I will be using mine in a cuttlebug when I get them do I need to get anything special for them to cut? Someone mentioned a rubber pad but I cant find it anywhere.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-22-2008, 07:37 AM   #2075  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

yeah I have been eyeing the ovals (do you know the difference between the regular and petites?) - someone posted on the Unity board a site a cut above that does a monthly 40% off coupon, so I think I will try to buy a set a month or every other month...I will be using mine in a cuttlebug when I get them do I need to get anything special for them to cut? Someone mentioned a rubber pad but I cant find it anywhere.
You can cut in the Cuttlebug without the pad, but if you want to emboss, you'll need the tan polymer pad. I got mine from Create IT Crafts...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-22-2008, 08:16 AM   #2076  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

I have circles and ovals.. plain and scalloped, 2 sizes each. LOVE them. I figure plain rectangles can be done yourself. my next desire are the the two labels designs.. Love the shapes on 'em.. Pretty sure I got the 'small' scalloped edges. they are smaller than the scalloped WRAKs I got.

I use mine in the CB just fine no tan mat needed if you want to cut and emboss in one pass. I seldom emboss though, I just cut.. just A plate, C plate and B plate plus cardstock and die. to emboss I use 2 sheets of very thin cardboard( ceral box thickness) as a shim.

Last edited by Mrsjvb; 12-22-2008 at 08:19 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-22-2008, 10:15 AM   #2077  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

I'll NEVER be ready for Christmas!! Finally got the family room cleaned. Wrapped what I need for tomorrow (work gifts and for my brother's family- they're coming up from southern VA today for a visit so we'll see them at my parents' for dinner tomorrow night). I did get to the grocery store and got everything (I hope!) that I'll need for baking and Christmas breakfast and dinner. I still need to finish wrapping, bake cookies and make candies, clean the kitchen (which I can't do will I'm finished baking!) and clean the bathroom...I'm hoping to get all that done either Tuesday after I get home from school or Wednesday since I'll be off and DH will be working for at least part of the day. I have my cards all done finally but they still need insides in them, but I'll get those done and out in the mail tomorrow! Hopefully they'll arrive at their destinations in time! I'll be glad once things calm down and I can play with my new Nesties that I just got!! (Oh, and the Copics that I'm getting for Christmas that I'm not supposed to know about! My MIL let slip that she bought some for me but I don't think she realized she spilled the beans!) Okay, I'd better go check the laundry now...
Mary, you are making me tired just reading about how much you have to do! I did manage to get all my cards done and mailed, sent Dean to Sears yesterday to get my mother's Christmas present (new microwave, I figured he could handle that big box a lot better than me!), spruced up the bathroom, did a little laundry and coerced my darling son to vaccuum the house for me! Tonight when I get home I will work on wrapping and putting gifts in gift bags, whatever doesn't get done tonight I'll finish tomorrow night and Wednesday. Will try to do some baking on Wednesday but I'm not making any promises! After that it's clean the kitchen and make my dish to take to my brother's for Christmas dinner. Boy will I be glad when Friday gets here so I can rest!!!!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-22-2008, 10:27 AM   #2078  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Ha! We certainly must have had the exact same cold! Just ONE nostril drippy here too! Yes, very annoying!!!

A weekend afternoon would be better for me too, either Saturday or Sunday!

I cheated and bought mine a mushy one, it's just dripping with love!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-22-2008, 10:31 AM   #2079  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Amanda I am in awe of your gingerbread house - I actually did not get around to one this year but mine NEVER looked that good!!!
I'll second that! Amanda, that gingerbread house is awesome! Do you eat any of it after the holidays?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-22-2008, 10:34 AM   #2080  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

dont forget the 0 degree windchill I nearly froze my ears off walking autumn to school!!!
Oh I'm sure!

I froze just walking from the parking lot to the school.
Reply With Quote Likes