Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-10-2008, 08:58 AM   #1841  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by jetstudio29View Post
It's going good, still a lot to get done like stamping, some handmade gifts for my hubby's boss, cards and I still need to bake cookies for our work party...eek....will it end ?
How did you church stamping day go?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-10-2008, 04:56 PM   #1842  
Stazon Splitcoast

WTH??? It took me 2 1/2 hours to get home from Arundle Mills today. DH left base at the same time I left the mall, but he got off at 100E and looped back around to get on 100W while I stayed on 295. He went to a meeting and got back on the road. I then attempted to get on the beltway, ended up getting off and going on I-70 to Rt 97 to get home. He went that way from the start. He then stopped at the grocery store and we got home at the same time.

And the whole reason I went to Base today was to get a new dang blasted ID and I couldn't. GGGgrrrrrrr. It's been a llllllloooooong week.
Old 12-10-2008, 05:20 PM   #1843  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by MelenaPrincessView Post
WTH??? It took me 2 1/2 hours to get home from Arundle Mills today. DH left base at the same time I left the mall, but he got off at 100E and looped back around to get on 100W while I stayed on 295. He went to a meeting and got back on the road. I then attempted to get on the beltway, ended up getting off and going on I-70 to Rt 97 to get home. He went that way from the start. He then stopped at the grocery store and we got home at the same time.

And the whole reason I went to Base today was to get a new dang blasted ID and I couldn't. GGGgrrrrrrr. It's been a llllllloooooong week.
Oh dear! (and it wasn't even snowing!) So sorry - and you didn't get your ID either - what a bummer! Hope you got some good shopping in at Arundel Mills!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2008, 03:59 AM   #1844  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

I was wondering if you got caught in all that mess going home.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2008, 04:02 AM   #1845  
Hardware Hotshot

Morning.

New dryer should be delivered sometime this morning.

I've already had a break down with this family and their crapy behavior, so I think I will go lay in the tub and calm down.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2008, 04:18 AM   #1846  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by tracyltrippView Post
Morning.

I've already had a break down with this family and their crapy behavior, so I think I will go lay in the tub and calm down.
I'm going to the dollar tree after I drop off Evan do you need anything? They have the white sanding blocks in again.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2008, 04:29 AM   #1847  
Forum Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmGee458View Post
Thought I'd be able to make it but looks like I can't. Hope you girls have a great time!! Hopefully I can catch up with you all the next time!
Oh Darn!!! I will miss you! We will all have to plan that little trip to PA and hit some stamp stores up there after Christmas!

Stampin' Up! Demonstrator

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2008, 04:36 AM   #1848  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Morning.

Tracy, it must be something in the air! I had a meltdown Tuesday myself, was a basket case all afternoon and into the evening! Apparently my anti-depressant wasn't working too well! Thank God yesterday was better, I couldn't have stood two days in a row! Hope you feel better after your soak in the tub!

We all need to run away from home for about a week and see how they like it!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2008, 05:19 AM   #1849  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Morning.

Thank gawd for bubble baths....the way things sound is Santa going to bother stopping by at ALL this year?!

Squidward said it was fine to drop me off at Amanda's, so we can start the party early.. Think he is going to do some shopping hisself..either that or come back home and sleep on the couch all day.....

Now refresh my memory, Cici's is the all you can eat pizza buffet thing for like $5 right? we had one in San Diego we ate at a lot.

Today I will be making Chex Mix just cuz I want some, a few extra cards need doing up for last minute people and if I am particularly inspired may get a head start on say February's submission for the Christmas Card challenge.. although I really need some nice plain generic ones to have on hand for RAK welcoming committee and just becuase cards. I have some images that I have gotten that might be good to sneak in to DH's duffel bag.....

does everybody want a Kohl's coupon?!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2008, 06:12 AM   #1850  
Glitter Guru

Location: On my sunporch- stamping and creating. Enjoying the view :)

Quote:

How did you church stamping day go?
It went ok, there were only 2 people that decided to come besides my mom and I. So I ended up doing alot of extra stuff that I didn't need to. They also decided they didn't want to do some of the project, so I think we only ended doing 2 of the 10 projects that I took.

They would like to get together in January or February, so I hope to use some of the other projects that I had already made.

Overall, it was a fun day of stamping

Check out my stamping blog.

Design team member for qkrstampede and eurekastamps
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2008, 07:26 AM   #1851  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by jetstudio29View Post
It went ok, there were only 2 people that decided to come besides my mom and I. So I ended up doing alot of extra stuff that I didn't need to. They also decided they didn't want to do some of the project, so I think we only ended doing 2 of the 10 projects that I took.

They would like to get together in January or February, so I hope to use some of the other projects that I had already made.

Overall, it was a fun day of stamping
Having fun is what's it's all about!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2008, 07:29 AM   #1852  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrsjvbView Post
Thank gawd for bubble baths....the way things sound is Santa going to bother stopping by at ALL this year?!

Squidward said it was fine to drop me off at Amanda's, so we can start the party early.. Think he is going to do some shopping hisself..either that or come back home and sleep on the couch all day.....

Now refresh my memory, Cici's is the all you can eat pizza buffet thing for like $5 right? we had one in San Diego we ate at a lot.

Today I will be making Chex Mix just cuz I want some, a few extra cards need doing up for last minute people and if I am particularly inspired may get a head start on say February's submission for the Christmas Card challenge.. although I really need some nice plain generic ones to have on hand for RAK welcoming committee and just becuase cards. I have some images that I have gotten that might be good to sneak in to DH's duffel bag.....

does everybody want a Kohl's coupon?!
Cici's is $5.99 now plus a drink, have military ID for a discount and yes it's all you can eat. Their buffalo chicken pizza is yummy! I want a coupon. Santa needs to go shopping for me and DH since the kids are getting NOTHING!

Santa is coming just to be mean! I'm the grinch this year! Tuesday the kids broke their bottom bed and didn't bother to tell me, so when I see it I'm mad, of course, so this morning while waiting for the dryer to be delivered I decide to make DH remove the broken bed frame so I could fix up the box spring and mattress so the room would at least look okay until I feel the kids have earned a new bed.

I don't for see any new anything in the house for at least a YEAR! Holy heck, that room was way beyond YUCK! All the clothes that they claim I wash and never give back under the broken bed and stuffed in the corner out of sight...mind you this is the younger two's room, but remarkablely all kinds of dirty clothes in there from the two older BRATS! Not to mention over thanksgiving break I made all the kids clean up that room since I see all of them in there watching tv and playing games but never wanting to help the two little ones pick it up, so you would think it should be somewhat clean right? Oh no, orange peels, Caprisun wrappers, candy wrappers, half eaten candy canes (from the tree) half eaten apples (at least a dozen) and so on and on it goes! Mind you there is to be no food upstairs...ugh...I almost throw up several times. I have half the crap picked up and it's still looks like a dumping zone in there, but I couldn't take the smell or touching one more thing...had to take a bath and scrub until the outer layer of my skin was gone.

I'm already on the third load of laundry from the room and there is probably at least 4 more to go. I think my head is going to explode! I told DH he might want to call CPS to give them a heads up that there is going to be some child abuse going on this afternoon at our house if they want to come witness it...grr! Darn kids.

I need to retype their Santa hate letters, so they really get the point this year why they are only getting underwear and socks!

Mrs Claus is madder than heck and the kids will pay the piper!!!!!! BAH HUM BUG!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2008, 07:34 AM   #1853  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathi127View Post
Tracy, it must be something in the air! I had a meltdown Tuesday myself, was a basket case all afternoon and into the evening! Apparently my anti-depressant wasn't working too well! Thank God yesterday was better, I couldn't have stood two days in a row! Hope you feel better after your soak in the tub!

If you're running away, please take me! DH keeps going over facts and figures for kitchen updating and I don't think I can take that stress! He'll go off to work and leave me to deal with the mess. I think it must be the time of year or something, doesn't take much for me to lose it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2008, 07:38 AM   #1854  
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh my Tracy. I don't even know what to say other than {{{GIANT HUGS}}} to you.
Old 12-11-2008, 08:38 AM   #1855  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathi127View Post

I'm up for running away for a week. Meade Girls go on Vacation on this epi of Stampers gone wild!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2008, 08:51 AM   #1856  
Pearl-ExPert

Holy Crap, Tracy.

I will tell you what worked for my Mom on my younger siblings( I was bad, just not as bad as they were.. and I had a legitimate medical excuse for all the half eaten food in my bedroom, but I digress)

EVERYTHING they owned was thrown into giant trash bags. they got clothes for school that was it( and since we all wore uniforms....). all their toys, non school books, everything was taken out of their rooms.

we never were allowed TVs or computers or even stereos or game systems in our bedrooms. If they managed to go a week keeping their room clean and putting their clothes away, they got one extra set of clothes and ONE non clothing item back. and each week they managed to keep it up they got another thing. and when they screwed up, back it all went into the trash bags. My sister learned after one or two times. My brother never did care enough so he never got most of his stuff back.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2008, 08:53 AM   #1857  
Pearl-ExPert

Pajama weekend at my house after John leaves. No kids or husbands allowed. I will confiscate all cell phones and pagers at the door and my own phone will be turned off so we don't hear it ring. Nobody can call and bother us.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2008, 09:49 AM   #1858  
Stazon Splitcoast

I so need a day off. I am going crazy. Nothing as bad as you Tracy, but my girls are bouncing off the walls and I can't take it. I have no motivation to do anything, and even the day of fun I had with you all on Saturday was negated by time I got to bed that night.
Old 12-11-2008, 09:56 AM   #1859  
Pearl-ExPert

NOT for the faint of heart, those with young children within earshot or those who are easily offended. But some of us need a laugh.....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2008, 10:37 AM   #1860  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Holy Crap, Tracy.

I will tell you what worked for my Mom on my younger siblings( I was bad, just not as bad as they were.. and I had a legitimate medical excuse for all the half eaten food in my bedroom, but I digress)

EVERYTHING they owned was thrown into giant trash bags. they got clothes for school that was it( and since we all wore uniforms....). all their toys, non school books, everything was taken out of their rooms.

we never were allowed TVs or computers or even stereos or game systems in our bedrooms. If they managed to go a week keeping their room clean and putting their clothes away, they got one extra set of clothes and ONE non clothing item back. and each week they managed to keep it up they got another thing. and when they screwed up, back it all went into the trash bags. My sister learned after one or two times. My brother never did care enough so he never got most of his stuff back.
LOL! I don't give crap back I make them sell it at yard sales so it being taken away stings twice. BIG JERKS!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2008, 10:38 AM   #1861  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Pajama weekend at my house after John leaves. No kids or husbands allowed. I will confiscate all cell phones and pagers at the door and my own phone will be turned off so we don't hear it ring. Nobody can call and bother us.
I'm there!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2008, 10:41 AM   #1862  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

I so need a day off. I am going crazy. Nothing as bad as you Tracy, but my girls are bouncing off the walls and I can't take it. I have no motivation to do anything, and even the day of fun I had with you all on Saturday was negated by time I got to bed that night.
I hear ya! I feel like I'm going to go POSTAL real soon. As soon as the first round of kids get home I'm leaving to go shopping. I'm bringing them home tv dinners for them to cook themselves and I'm going out to dinner, so I don't have to look at them for awhile. I may or may not come home tonight. I haven't decided yet.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2008, 10:46 AM   #1863  
Stazon Splitcoast

I have a photo appointment at 5:15 with P'nut....sitter is usually only here until 6...hope dh makes it home in time.
Old 12-11-2008, 10:54 AM   #1864  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

I have a photo appointment at 5:15 with P'nut....sitter is usually only here until 6...hope dh makes it home in time.
Fingers crossed for you, weather is yuck out there here on Meade.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2008, 11:07 AM   #1865  
Stazon Splitcoast

Yucky here too. I'll show up early so hopefully they can work us in early.
Old 12-11-2008, 11:16 AM   #1866  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

I hear ya! I feel like I'm going to go POSTAL real soon. As soon as the first round of kids get home I'm leaving to go shopping. I'm bringing them home tv dinners for them to cook themselves and I'm going out to dinner, so I don't have to look at them for awhile. I may or may not come home tonight. I haven't decided yet.

you know where I live. I have wine....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2008, 12:16 PM   #1867  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Yucky here too. I'll show up early so hopefully they can work us in early.
Maybe someone else won't show up or show up late.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2008, 12:16 PM   #1868  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

you know where I live. I have wine....
giggle
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2008, 01:55 PM   #1869  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

I'm there!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2008, 02:42 PM   #1870  
Watercolor Wizard

Just a little something to get you through the weeks before the holidays:
http://www.therightfoot.net/mystuff/...bubblewrap.swf

I like manic mode!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2008, 03:32 PM   #1871  
Stazon Splitcoast

Mary~I used to have that bookmarked to help me relieve stress
Old 12-11-2008, 03:36 PM   #1872  
Stazon Splitcoast

Pics are taken She even smiled. They will be ready for pick up the day after we leave for Ohio, but they weren't for presents anyway, so no big deal. I don't think I realized how huge she really is until they went to take the nakey shots and I stood back, I don't normally see her from that perspective so it was really noticeable. Hehe.
Old 12-11-2008, 04:30 PM   #1873  
Inking Addict

Have any of you gone to Angela's Happy Stamper in Reston, VA? I see they have a copic class (and a Bella copic class) as well. I signed up for the one in January and I am on the waiting list for the other two. It would be fun to have some of you join me!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2008, 04:38 PM   #1874  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by paulakoalaView Post
Have any of you gone to Angela's Happy Stamper in Reston, VA? I see they have a copic class (and a Bella copic class) as well. I signed up for the one in January and I am on the waiting list for the other two. It would be fun to have some of you join me!
It's a nice store lots of nice rubber. I'm not a copic fan.....well I like them but not willing to spend the money for them. Have fun at the class!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2008, 04:46 PM   #1875  
Gallery Gazer

Just printed AC Moore 50% off coupons for everyone to use Saturday! WhoooHoooo! I can't wait!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2008, 06:37 PM   #1876  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Oh, I am so there!!!!!!!! It's not the kids or the dh that's causing my meltdowns, it's my mother!!!!! There's a reason I got married at 18 the first time!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2008, 06:38 PM   #1877  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmandaWView Post
Just printed AC Moore 50% off coupons for everyone to use Saturday! WhoooHoooo! I can't wait!
Thanks Amanda!!! I can't wait either!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2008, 06:40 PM   #1878  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Cici's is $5.99 now plus a drink, have military ID for a discount and yes it's all you can eat. Their buffalo chicken pizza is yummy! I want a coupon. Santa needs to go shopping for me and DH since the kids are getting NOTHING!

Santa is coming just to be mean! I'm the grinch this year! Tuesday the kids broke their bottom bed and didn't bother to tell me, so when I see it I'm mad, of course, so this morning while waiting for the dryer to be delivered I decide to make DH remove the broken bed frame so I could fix up the box spring and mattress so the room would at least look okay until I feel the kids have earned a new bed.

I don't for see any new anything in the house for at least a YEAR! Holy heck, that room was way beyond YUCK! All the clothes that they claim I wash and never give back under the broken bed and stuffed in the corner out of sight...mind you this is the younger two's room, but remarkablely all kinds of dirty clothes in there from the two older BRATS! Not to mention over thanksgiving break I made all the kids clean up that room since I see all of them in there watching tv and playing games but never wanting to help the two little ones pick it up, so you would think it should be somewhat clean right? Oh no, orange peels, Caprisun wrappers, candy wrappers, half eaten candy canes (from the tree) half eaten apples (at least a dozen) and so on and on it goes! Mind you there is to be no food upstairs...ugh...I almost throw up several times. I have half the crap picked up and it's still looks like a dumping zone in there, but I couldn't take the smell or touching one more thing...had to take a bath and scrub until the outer layer of my skin was gone.

I'm already on the third load of laundry from the room and there is probably at least 4 more to go. I think my head is going to explode! I told DH he might want to call CPS to give them a heads up that there is going to be some child abuse going on this afternoon at our house if they want to come witness it...grr! Darn kids.

I need to retype their Santa hate letters, so they really get the point this year why they are only getting underwear and socks!

Mrs Claus is madder than heck and the kids will pay the piper!!!!!! BAH HUM BUG!
Oh Tracy, I feel for you! Hopefully we can bring some cheer to your life on Saturday!!!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-12-2008, 05:19 AM   #1879  
Glitter Guru

Location: On my sunporch- stamping and creating. Enjoying the view :)

Tracy,

I hope today goes better for you! My brother and I were horrible with our rooms, I had clothes everywhere!!! Now I am the complete opposite, everything is usually really neat.

My parents did the trash bag trick, but I usually didn't get it back...they also made me do the laundry that was taken down!

Check out my stamping blog.

Design team member for qkrstampede and eurekastamps
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-12-2008, 06:28 AM   #1880  
Gallery Gazer

Quiet around here today.
Reply With Quote Likes