In the Forums

Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter





Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads


 
Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-29-2008, 06:23 AM   #1641  
Pearl-ExPert
 
Mrsjvb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Pensacola FL
Posts: 2,644
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

another fun filled day.. can't decide if I want to veg on the couch all day, or what.

at some point this week we have to make a crafty stuff run.. I got one of my BIL's name in the names from the hat drawing, and since he is EXTREMELY active in Boy Scouts I was thinking of doing either a tin or clipboard in a BS theme.

anybody willing to do Lunch and shopping any day next week (except Thursday, that's the Christmas party).

I know I can get BS papers at like Michaels and AC Moore, does Create It have any? I just looked at the garage sale bins when I was there last.
Mrsjvb is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2008, 07:39 AM   #1642  
Hardware Hotshot
 
tracyltripp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Witness Protection
Posts: 6,019
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrsjvbView Post
another fun filled day.. can't decide if I want to veg on the couch all day, or what.

at some point this week we have to make a crafty stuff run.. I got one of my BIL's name in the names from the hat drawing, and since he is EXTREMELY active in Boy Scouts I was thinking of doing either a tin or clipboard in a BS theme.

anybody willing to do Lunch and shopping any day next week (except Thursday, that's the Christmas party).

I know I can get BS papers at like Michaels and AC Moore, does Create It have any? I just looked at the garage sale bins when I was there last.
Sounds like fun, what day?

I just need to make sure I have DS's son's science fair crap typed up for him by friday, which we are just winging it since someone stoled the plastic we made and then housing came buy and apparently blow away the rest of the experiment while we were waiting for neighborhood kids to return the project pieces...ugh

Well, I better run for now and get back to stamping. Need to come up with my Bella cards for saturday and then finish some more Christmas gifties.
__________________
Tracy
http://tripponover.blogspot.com/
tracyltripp is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2008, 09:09 AM   #1643  
Pearl-ExPert
 
Mrsjvb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Pensacola FL
Posts: 2,644
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

any day but Thursday is good for me. so early in the week?

oh Rhonda, it worked GREAT!! no trouble at all with embossing the sheet. they are gonna come out looking SOOOO cool, that now when I go out shopping this week I will have to buy more balls and a box of sheets too! and more snow! Thanks again for the template and instructions and the goodies, too!
Mrsjvb is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2008, 10:01 AM   #1644  
Stazon Splitcoast
 
MelenaPrincess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Westminster, MD
Posts: 18,419
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

I just got back from PhotoScraps Ooooh, I got some cool ideas, an dof course a new (to me) Bella.
__________________
MelenaPrincess is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2008, 10:45 AM   #1645  
Hardware Hotshot
 
tracyltripp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Witness Protection
Posts: 6,019
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrsjvbView Post
any day but Thursday is good for me. so early in the week?

oh Rhonda, it worked GREAT!! no trouble at all with embossing the sheet. they are gonna come out looking SOOOO cool, that now when I go out shopping this week I will have to buy more balls and a box of sheets too! and more snow! Thanks again for the template and instructions and the goodies, too!
Well, then I guess it depends on what stores you are wanting to hit. If you don't need to go to Create It Crafts we can go to lunch on monday, but if you are wanting to hit them while out we can go on tuesday, just let me know which day you perfer and what time and I will pick you!
__________________
Tracy
http://tripponover.blogspot.com/
tracyltripp is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2008, 10:45 AM   #1646  
Hardware Hotshot
 
tracyltripp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Witness Protection
Posts: 6,019
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by MelenaPrincessView Post
I just got back from PhotoScraps Ooooh, I got some cool ideas, an dof course a new (to me) Bella.
I'm jealous!
__________________
Tracy
http://tripponover.blogspot.com/
tracyltripp is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2008, 03:16 PM   #1647  
Hardware Hotshot
 
tracyltripp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Witness Protection
Posts: 6,019
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

I wanted to let everyone know that Penwa is having free shipping again on a $50 order or more, the mono refills are only $1.95 each. Here is the site if you are interested.

http://new.penwa.com/
__________________
Tracy
http://tripponover.blogspot.com/
tracyltripp is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2008, 04:06 PM   #1648  
Watercolor Wizard
 
EmGee458's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: On the beautiful Chesapeake Bay
Posts: 11,737
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by tracyltrippView Post
I wanted to let everyone know that Penwa is having free shipping again on a $50 order or more, the mono refills are only $1.95 each. Here is the site if you are interested.

http://new.penwa.com/
Thanks, Tracy! I'm getting low and will need to order some. I used to order my mono refills from discountofficesupplies.com, but they only carry the non-refillable mono now...not sure why they stopped carrying the refillable kind.
__________________
Mary
My Blog
EmGee458 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2008, 01:23 PM   #1649  
Hardware Hotshot
 
tracyltripp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Witness Protection
Posts: 6,019
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmGee458View Post
Thanks, Tracy! I'm getting low and will need to order some. I used to order my mono refills from discountofficesupplies.com, but they only carry the non-refillable mono now...not sure why they stopped carrying the refillable kind.
I had ordered from them the last time I ordered because they had the better rate with free shipping. This time Penwa won.
__________________
Tracy
http://tripponover.blogspot.com/
tracyltripp is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2008, 02:39 PM   #1650  
Stazon Splitcoast
 
MelenaPrincess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Westminster, MD
Posts: 18,419
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Does anyone else use an ATG gun? When I did the price comparisons it took just 10 Mono refills to pay for the gun and the equivalent footage of tape refills. After that the price of the refills (even with shipping) was much cheaper. I use it for EVERYTHING. I rarely even use sticky strip any more, just my ATG. OK, product endorsement is over.
__________________
MelenaPrincess is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2008, 02:46 PM   #1651  
Watercolor Wizard
 
EmGee458's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: On the beautiful Chesapeake Bay
Posts: 11,737
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Just in case anyone is interested in joining the challenge...I'm taking over as 'manager' of the Christmas Card Challenge for 2009.

Here's the link: http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...d.php?t=401357
__________________
Mary
My Blog
EmGee458 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2008, 04:20 PM   #1652  
Pearl-ExPert
 
Mrsjvb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Pensacola FL
Posts: 2,644
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

okay you twisted my arm..I'm in, Mary.

dumb question of the day: are Copics permanent? as in can I use them on the ornaments that Rhonda so nicely showed me how to do? using the SU! markers and the no name ones I have ain't working out so much.. so I don't know whether to just buy a set of Sharpies at Costco tomorrow night, or start my Copic collection earlier than I intended.

I gotta start deciding how to spend my husband's hard earned money a little more wisely...so I won't buy Sharpies if Copics are just as good.
Mrsjvb is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2008, 04:27 PM   #1653  
Watercolor Wizard
 
EmGee458's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: On the beautiful Chesapeake Bay
Posts: 11,737
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Thanks for joining, Dawnmarie!!

And that's not a dumb question- I've been wondering the same thing...
__________________
Mary
My Blog
EmGee458 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2008, 05:07 PM   #1654  
Stazon Splitcoast
 
MelenaPrincess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Westminster, MD
Posts: 18,419
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Copics are very permanent. You can use them on fabric, although you will get some feathering, but on MOST glass and plastic it should work. I wouldn't really color a large area with them, but for small stuff it's ok. I used Sharpies on my ornaments.
__________________
MelenaPrincess is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2008, 05:51 PM   #1655  
Hardware Hotshot
 
tracyltripp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Witness Protection
Posts: 6,019
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Copic Tip for fabric:

If you heat up the fabric right before coloring you get less feathering since the alcohol evaporates and doesn't let the dye continue to spread. That is one thing I did learn at the copic class that I haven't seen anywhere else.lol
__________________
Tracy
http://tripponover.blogspot.com/
tracyltripp is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2008, 02:53 AM   #1656  
Hardware Hotshot
 
tracyltripp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Witness Protection
Posts: 6,019
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Morning Marland!

Back to the school week grind after a LONG week off. This 5:30am stuff is for the birds.
__________________
Tracy
http://tripponover.blogspot.com/
tracyltripp is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2008, 02:58 AM   #1657  
Watercolor Wizard
 
EmGee458's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: On the beautiful Chesapeake Bay
Posts: 11,737
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Good morning, Tracy! Yes, back to school...and I'm SO not ready to go back to work...5 days off wasn't long enough for me...but, seeing it from YOUR point of view, and having the kids home for 9 whole days, I'm sure it was way too long!
__________________
Mary
My Blog
EmGee458 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2008, 03:58 AM   #1658  
Gallery Gazer
 
AmandaW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Ft. Meade, MD
Posts: 7,190
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Made it back home. Now if I can just get Evan off to school. He is moving really slow today. We got in pretty late last night. We hit lots of snow, ice, traffic.
__________________
My Blog
Creating isn't a hobby, but a way of life!
AmandaW is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2008, 04:52 AM   #1659  
Pearl-ExPert
 
Mrsjvb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Pensacola FL
Posts: 2,644
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

yuck. picking up our Mid at the train station yesterday was an exercise in idiotic drivers who apparently fall into two categories in this state:

do not change driving habits at all and continue to drive 15 miles over the speed limit regardless of road conditions,

or drive 20 miles UNDER the speed limit becuase it's raining.

I slept in til 0700, but I am up, dressed and ready to go....
Mrsjvb is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2008, 05:27 AM   #1660  
Gallery Gazer
 
AmandaW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Ft. Meade, MD
Posts: 7,190
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrsjvbView Post
yuck. picking up our Mid at the train station yesterday was an exercise in idiotic drivers who apparently fall into two categories in this state:

do not change driving habits at all and continue to drive 15 miles over the speed limit regardless of road conditions,

or drive 20 miles UNDER the speed limit becuase it's raining.

I slept in til 0700, but I am up, dressed and ready to go....
Yep it was lots of fun!
__________________
My Blog
Creating isn't a hobby, but a way of life!
AmandaW is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2008, 06:57 AM   #1661  
Stazon Splitcoast
 
MelenaPrincess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Westminster, MD
Posts: 18,419
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

That's the other nice thing about living up here is that we don't have to take 70 anymore when we go back and forth to Ohio. We cut up through PA instead.
__________________
MelenaPrincess is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2008, 10:14 AM   #1662  
Pearl-ExPert
 
Mrsjvb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Pensacola FL
Posts: 2,644
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Tracy and I had loads of fun, even if Wally World was out of GP cardstock...

I spent way less than I thought I would and we scored some great prices at Michaels..Sizzix and cuttle bug at 40% off!!!

and the crack is an international hit. My cousin brought the recipe back to Germany with her and made it for the gang at the clinic over Thanksgiving. they all invited themselves back for Christmas.. so long as she makes it again....
Mrsjvb is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2008, 10:39 AM   #1663  
Hardware Hotshot
 
tracyltripp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Witness Protection
Posts: 6,019
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrsjvbView Post
Tracy and I had loads of fun, even if Wally World was out of GP cardstock...

I spent way less than I thought I would and we scored some great prices at Michaels..Sizzix and cuttle bug at 40% off!!!

and the crack is an international hit. My cousin brought the recipe back to Germany with her and made it for the gang at the clinic over Thanksgiving. they all invited themselves back for Christmas.. so long as she makes it again....
I had a great time too. Lots of good deals.

I think everyone loves the crack!
__________________
Tracy
http://tripponover.blogspot.com/
tracyltripp is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2008, 10:40 AM   #1664  
Hardware Hotshot
 
tracyltripp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Witness Protection
Posts: 6,019
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmGee458View Post
Good morning, Tracy! Yes, back to school...and I'm SO not ready to go back to work...5 days off wasn't long enough for me...but, seeing it from YOUR point of view, and having the kids home for 9 whole days, I'm sure it was way too long!
At least you get a pay check! What do I get being with these kids...grey hair!
__________________
Tracy
http://tripponover.blogspot.com/
tracyltripp is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2008, 10:42 AM   #1665  
Hardware Hotshot
 
tracyltripp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Witness Protection
Posts: 6,019
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmandaWView Post
Made it back home. Now if I can just get Evan off to school. He is moving really slow today. We got in pretty late last night. We hit lots of snow, ice, traffic.
Welcome home. I was wondering if you all were going to make it back in time with all this crazy winter weather.

How was your uncle? Did you all have a good time?
__________________
Tracy
http://tripponover.blogspot.com/
tracyltripp is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2008, 11:42 AM   #1666  
Gallery Gazer
 
AmandaW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Ft. Meade, MD
Posts: 7,190
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by tracyltrippView Post
Welcome home. I was wondering if you all were going to make it back in time with all this crazy winter weather.

How was your uncle? Did you all have a good time?
Thank you.

My uncle isn't great but he did get a little better for a couple of days.
We had a really good time. Other than the normal crap of several people calling and saying come over here and see us. We just drove 900 miles they can't drive 15 min and come to us. Other than that SUPER!
__________________
My Blog
Creating isn't a hobby, but a way of life!
AmandaW is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2008, 11:43 AM   #1667  
Matboard Maniac
 
rjstamper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 317
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Swap cards

Good Afternoon everyone,

Just wanted to share a thank you note I received this morning...to all of you who donated cards at the Ft. Meade SBS last month.

"Here at the Embassy, Baghdad, we wanted to thank you for the cards you sent. They will certainly come in handy. We appreciate the time, energy, and money you took, in making these and gathering them together for the soldiers. It means a lot to us. We can't say thank you enough for what you did."

An earlier note I received from Chaplain Dave was very nice too. A soldier was in his office when they arrived and was extremely happy to be able to take some to send to family and friends back home.

I will be sending a second box in 2 weeks, of cards that I couldn't stuff in the first box. Chap. Dave asked me to wait until after the unit moves (to "less desirable digs"!) to mail the other box. The first box arrived in less than a week so they should still have them for Christmas giving.

We did good ladies! Thank you very much for letting me send this batch to Father Dave, it's nice to hear we might have brightened someone's day!

Rhonda
rjstamper is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2008, 12:08 PM   #1668  
Gallery Gazer
 
AmandaW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Ft. Meade, MD
Posts: 7,190
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjstamperView Post
Good Afternoon everyone,

Just wanted to share a thank you note I received this morning...to all of you who donated cards at the Ft. Meade SBS last month.

"Here at the Embassy, Baghdad, we wanted to thank you for the cards you sent. They will certainly come in handy. We appreciate the time, energy, and money you took, in making these and gathering them together for the soldiers. It means a lot to us. We can't say thank you enough for what you did."

An earlier note I received from Chaplain Dave was very nice too. A soldier was in his office when they arrived and was extremely happy to be able to take some to send to family and friends back home.

I will be sending a second box in 2 weeks, of cards that I couldn't stuff in the first box. Chap. Dave asked me to wait until after the unit moves (to "less desirable digs"!) to mail the other box. The first box arrived in less than a week so they should still have them for Christmas giving.

We did good ladies! Thank you very much for letting me send this batch to Father Dave, it's nice to hear we might have brightened someone's day!

Rhonda
I'm glad they are being enjoyed!
__________________
My Blog
Creating isn't a hobby, but a way of life!
AmandaW is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2008, 04:26 PM   #1669  
Hardware Hotshot
 
tracyltripp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Witness Protection
Posts: 6,019
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmandaWView Post
Thank you.

My uncle isn't great but he did get a little better for a couple of days.
We had a really good time. Other than the normal crap of several people calling and saying come over here and see us. We just drove 900 miles they can't drive 15 min and come to us. Other than that SUPER!
LOL! Every family has those folks.
__________________
Tracy
http://tripponover.blogspot.com/
tracyltripp is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2008, 04:28 PM   #1670  
Hardware Hotshot
 
tracyltripp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Witness Protection
Posts: 6,019
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjstamperView Post
Good Afternoon everyone,

Just wanted to share a thank you note I received this morning...to all of you who donated cards at the Ft. Meade SBS last month.

"Here at the Embassy, Baghdad, we wanted to thank you for the cards you sent. They will certainly come in handy. We appreciate the time, energy, and money you took, in making these and gathering them together for the soldiers. It means a lot to us. We can't say thank you enough for what you did."

An earlier note I received from Chaplain Dave was very nice too. A soldier was in his office when they arrived and was extremely happy to be able to take some to send to family and friends back home.

I will be sending a second box in 2 weeks, of cards that I couldn't stuff in the first box. Chap. Dave asked me to wait until after the unit moves (to "less desirable digs"!) to mail the other box. The first box arrived in less than a week so they should still have them for Christmas giving.

We did good ladies! Thank you very much for letting me send this batch to Father Dave, it's nice to hear we might have brightened someone's day!

Rhonda

That is wonderful. I'm so glad they are excited to have the cards. When you need more to send let us know, so we can pull resources for them.
__________________
Tracy
http://tripponover.blogspot.com/
tracyltripp is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2008, 02:36 AM   #1671  
Watercolor Wizard
 
EmGee458's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: On the beautiful Chesapeake Bay
Posts: 11,737
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Good morning, Maryland!
__________________
Mary
My Blog
EmGee458 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2008, 02:57 AM   #1672  
Gallery Gazer
 
AmandaW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Ft. Meade, MD
Posts: 7,190
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Good Morning!
__________________
My Blog
Creating isn't a hobby, but a way of life!
AmandaW is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2008, 03:58 AM   #1673  
Stazon Splitcoast
 
MelenaPrincess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Westminster, MD
Posts: 18,419
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjstamperView Post
Good Afternoon everyone,

Just wanted to share a thank you note I received this morning...to all of you who donated cards at the Ft. Meade SBS last month.

"Here at the Embassy, Baghdad, we wanted to thank you for the cards you sent. They will certainly come in handy. We appreciate the time, energy, and money you took, in making these and gathering them together for the soldiers. It means a lot to us. We can't say thank you enough for what you did."

An earlier note I received from Chaplain Dave was very nice too. A soldier was in his office when they arrived and was extremely happy to be able to take some to send to family and friends back home.

I will be sending a second box in 2 weeks, of cards that I couldn't stuff in the first box. Chap. Dave asked me to wait until after the unit moves (to "less desirable digs"!) to mail the other box. The first box arrived in less than a week so they should still have them for Christmas giving.

We did good ladies! Thank you very much for letting me send this batch to Father Dave, it's nice to hear we might have brightened someone's day!

Rhonda
That brightens my day to know that they are being put to good use!
__________________
MelenaPrincess is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2008, 05:14 AM   #1674  
Pearl-ExPert
 
Mrsjvb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Pensacola FL
Posts: 2,644
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Hooray for us for making Chaplain Dave's day..and a whole bunch of others too.


Now that I have my Sharpies( 25 for less than what the craft stores wanted for 12 at Costco) I can finish my ornaments.. and like a doofus.. I remembered to buy snow but FORGOT to look for the ornaments at AC Moore. 30 lashes with a wet noodle for me....

so,only six will get done this year, which is fine. I will buy more after they are on sale after the holiday and I can work on them all year long.

and maybe I can start working on some other projects too. DH is supposedly going to be able to pick up clipboards today so I can start on my BS( with Cub scout paper since Tracy and I agreed that the selection was more better)project for my BIL.

I did forget to mention yesterday that I also grabbed a DP pack of some really neat looking patriotic/Americana papers that I plan on using for Cards for the Troops. I think I will make it a point to make some thank you for your service cards this year as a general rule instead of just for challenges.
Mrsjvb is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2008, 08:29 AM   #1675  
Hardware Hotshot
 
tracyltripp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Witness Protection
Posts: 6,019
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Afternoon!

This is a week from heck! Must go work....ugh...maybe go scream into a pillow for awhile!
__________________
Tracy
http://tripponover.blogspot.com/
tracyltripp is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2008, 09:07 AM   #1676  
Pearl-ExPert
 
Mrsjvb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Pensacola FL
Posts: 2,644
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

It's only Tuesday?! how can it be that bad already?!

I have wine... or you can help me make cherries...you can lick the bowl....
Mrsjvb is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2008, 09:14 AM   #1677  
Gallery Gazer
 
AmandaW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Ft. Meade, MD
Posts: 7,190
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

I had to take my little one to the doctor again today. Grrrrr I really hate Kimbrough clinic. Nate has had this rash from He!! on his private parts for almost 4 mo now. The "Doctor" gave him yest cream after yeast cream well took him back today and he has a staph infection now. Poor kid is in so much pain.
__________________
My Blog
Creating isn't a hobby, but a way of life!
AmandaW is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2008, 09:17 AM   #1678  
Hardware Hotshot
 
tracyltripp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Witness Protection
Posts: 6,019
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrsjvbView Post
It's only Tuesday?! how can it be that bad already?!

I have wine... or you can help me make cherries...you can lick the bowl....

Do you know what a pita it is to try and write a science fair report when your experiment was stolen! I think I need razor wire around my porch!!!!
__________________
Tracy
http://tripponover.blogspot.com/
tracyltripp is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2008, 09:18 AM   #1679  
Hardware Hotshot
 
tracyltripp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Witness Protection
Posts: 6,019
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmandaWView Post
I had to take my little one to the doctor again today. Grrrrr I really hate Kimbrough clinic. Nate has had this rash from He!! on his private parts for almost 4 mo now. The "Doctor" gave him yest cream after yeast cream well took him back today and he has a staph infection now. Poor kid is in so much pain.
That's what I was thinking it was last time you took him and they keep blowing you off with yeast cream.
__________________
Tracy
http://tripponover.blogspot.com/
tracyltripp is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2008, 09:39 AM   #1680  
Stazon Splitcoast
 
MelenaPrincess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Westminster, MD
Posts: 18,419
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

If you were going to be here a while I would suggest signing up for TriCare instead of using Kimbrough. The Dr's in the system are in Odenton just down 175 behind Dairy Queen ( ) and are affiliated with Johns Hopkins. I am still in that same system, but with a different office now, and have always had good care and they are good with referrals too. There is no co-pay or out of pocket other than Rx's which are $3 for generic and $9 for brand name. If it's a long term Rx they can write the script for a 90 days supply and you really get your money worth. I only went to Kimbrough once and hated it, have been much happier with the TriCare. I just don't know how difficult it is to switch back to military care once you leave. It might be something to look into.
__________________
MelenaPrincess is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Reply





Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off