Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-15-2008, 04:06 PM   #1441  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it's actually in a Liberty Tax office.. and that's the big sign you see. If it weren't for the fact that Squidward saw the address number on the building we woulda gone right by it.

the guy who was there said they are having issues with the move..apparently the place they had picked out had major problems with neighboring tenants/businesses. one of them likes to throw hissy fits about where people park or some such. But they have some new leads.

I got 10% cuz it was my first purchase, and he said they have a shopper's club.. you spend $200 and get a credit towards more purchases. I think he said a $200 credit but I must have misheard him cuz that seems awfully darn generous, you know? although now that they are carrying Copics it wouldn't take too long to reach that goal....
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2008, 07:23 PM   #1442  
Forum Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmGee458View Post
From their website: Store Hours: Monday: closed, Tuesday-Thursday: 10am-7pm, Friday & Saturday: 10am-9pm, Sunday: 12pm-5pm

I still haven't gotten out there, yet, either.
Thanks Mary! Maybe I can get there one night this week after work!

Stampin' Up! Demonstrator

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2008, 07:26 PM   #1443  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrsjvbView Post
it's actually in a Liberty Tax office.. and that's the big sign you see. If it weren't for the fact that Squidward saw the address number on the building we woulda gone right by it.

the guy who was there said they are having issues with the move..apparently the place they had picked out had major problems with neighboring tenants/businesses. one of them likes to throw hissy fits about where people park or some such. But they have some new leads.

I got 10% cuz it was my first purchase, and he said they have a shopper's club.. you spend $200 and get a credit towards more purchases. I think he said a $200 credit but I must have misheard him cuz that seems awfully darn generous, you know? although now that they are carrying Copics it wouldn't take too long to reach that goal....
Thanks Dawnmarie, I'll make sure I look for that sign so I don't miss it!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2008, 04:34 AM   #1444  
Gallery Gazer

It's a really great store. You spend $200 you get a $20 credit. Kim the owner is really great if she doesn't have it in the store she will order it for you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2008, 05:36 AM   #1445  
Pearl-ExPert

I KNEW I misheard him! $20 sounds muchly more business savvy.... yeah, I guess Kim was out at a Craft fair or something. he kept apologizing that the yard sale DP selection was crappy. I dunno, I had NO problems finding 20 sheets. and if I wanted doubles I probably coulda managed 50 with out even trying.

got some great designs for my SS project( think I will use the mailbox) and have two tins that I may decide to do something with for my Mids. or maybe just keep for myself.. or save for the next SBS..or totally get enchanted with the whole concept and stop making cards and just alter stuff forever....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2008, 07:27 AM   #1446  
Watercolor Wizard

Anyone use copper wire on their cards? DH was going to throw away a coil of copper wire that he didn't use from hanging the new light fixture. It's so pretty and shiny and has a pretty twisted texture to it. I'd like to put it to good use, but I'm not sure how to go about it. It's not very thick and I was wondering how I might be able to use it on cards. Any ideas?? How would I attach it? I hate to throw it away.

TIA!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2008, 07:42 AM   #1447  
Pearl-ExPert

make curlicues and accent the image or suchlike, use in place of ribbon or tie a bow and attach.

Maybe CE would work for attaching. Glue dots may not be strong enough, depending on gauge.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2008, 09:21 AM   #1448  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Anyone use copper wire on their cards? DH was going to throw away a coil of copper wire that he didn't use from hanging the new light fixture. It's so pretty and shiny and has a pretty twisted texture to it. I'd like to put it to good use, but I'm not sure how to go about it. It's not very thick and I was wondering how I might be able to use it on cards. Any ideas?? How would I attach it? I hate to throw it away.

TIA!
You can twist it into flowers or paperclip type shapes or whatever. You can hook it onto a corner of an image, or you can use a gluedot depending on how you have it created. You can also poke a hole in the cs and hang it on an image. You can make jump rings off of a ribbon to attach.

The pliers in the tool kit are round so they are very helpful when turning wire. Once you have the shape you want, lay it flat on the table and pound it with a hammer and it will help give it more rigidity.

You can do a gallery search for "Wire Works" and get a ton of ideas.
Old 11-16-2008, 10:36 AM   #1449  
Watercolor Wizard

Thanks, Kimme- I never thought to do a search...
I'm off to do that now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MelenaPrincessView Post
You can twist it into flowers or paperclip type shapes or whatever. You can hook it onto a corner of an image, or you can use a gluedot depending on how you have it created. You can also poke a hole in the cs and hang it on an image. You can make jump rings off of a ribbon to attach.

The pliers in the tool kit are round so they are very helpful when turning wire. Once you have the shape you want, lay it flat on the table and pound it with a hammer and it will help give it more rigidity.

You can do a gallery search for "Wire Works" and get a ton of ideas.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2008, 10:53 AM   #1450  
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:

TIA!
Reading this site for the first time!

You can wrap the wire around your chipboard letters etc.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2008, 12:03 PM   #1451  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuzyK410View Post
Reading this site for the first time!

You can wrap the wire around your chipboard letters etc.
Welcome, Suzy! Where in Maryland are you?
I did a search like Kimme suggested and there's lots of great ideas! Thanks for one more!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2008, 01:24 PM   #1452  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

I KNEW I misheard him! $20 sounds muchly more business savvy.... yeah, I guess Kim was out at a Craft fair or something. he kept apologizing that the yard sale DP selection was crappy. I dunno, I had NO problems finding 20 sheets. and if I wanted doubles I probably coulda managed 50 with out even trying.

got some great designs for my SS project( think I will use the mailbox) and have two tins that I may decide to do something with for my Mids. or maybe just keep for myself.. or save for the next SBS..or totally get enchanted with the whole concept and stop making cards and just alter stuff forever....
LOL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2008, 04:23 PM   #1453  
Forum Fanatic

Well, I had to run out to Petsmart today so I thought I'd ride on down to the one in the same shopping center as Michael's and I thought, while I'm here why don't I just see if I can find Create It Crafts. Boy, did I ever! Let's just say I was a VERY good customer today! LOL Kim has so many nice things and she is a real sweetheart. And she has Lockhart stamps! One of my favs! She asked me how I heard about the store and all I had to say was "Tracy and Amanda"! I told her I was one of the "Ft. Meade Girls" and she said, wow, how many are there? LOL I think I was there for about 2 hours! Got some great DP, some cool stamps, alcohol inks (which I've never used before but she told me how to use them), lunch tins, ribbon, cute little buttons, and more. So thanks to all you great ladies who told me to go there, you've made my credit card company very happy! Oh, and I did get 10% off since it was my first order! Now I'm gonna go play with my new stuff!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2008, 04:27 PM   #1454  
Pearl-ExPert

they need to hurry up and get a bigger store..right now we can only shop one at a time in there! heheheheh
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2008, 04:27 PM   #1455  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

TIA!
It's funny, my first SU demo had us use wire on a couple of projects as SU sold it in different colors at the time, but I've never used it since! In fact, I completely forgot about it until I saw your post!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2008, 04:29 PM   #1456  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

they need to hurry up and get a bigger store..right now we can only shop one at a time in there! heheheheh
Yea, I know! While I was there three other ladies came in and it was crowded! I told her I would let her know if I see any space the size she's looking for in the area, it sounds like that other space she was going to move to just isn't the best with regard to the parking situation.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-17-2008, 04:04 AM   #1457  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathi127View Post
Well, I had to run out to Petsmart today so I thought I'd ride on down to the one in the same shopping center as Michael's and I thought, while I'm here why don't I just see if I can find Create It Crafts. Boy, did I ever! Let's just say I was a VERY good customer today! LOL Kim has so many nice things and she is a real sweetheart. And she has Lockhart stamps! One of my favs! She asked me how I heard about the store and all I had to say was "Tracy and Amanda"! I told her I was one of the "Ft. Meade Girls" and she said, wow, how many are there? LOL I think I was there for about 2 hours! Got some great DP, some cool stamps, alcohol inks (which I've never used before but she told me how to use them), lunch tins, ribbon, cute little buttons, and more. So thanks to all you great ladies who told me to go there, you've made my credit card company very happy! Oh, and I did get 10% off since it was my first order! Now I'm gonna go play with my new stuff!
Oh so HTH! I just love them. They are really fun people.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-17-2008, 04:47 AM   #1458  
Stampin' Fool

Okay, its pesty me again...

What is the best paper for Sunday coupons? I am going to sign up for The Grocery Game again, but I want to get the newspaper coming first. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-17-2008, 05:49 AM   #1459  
Stazon Splitcoast

Jenn~I'm not sure which papers you get up there, but I know our local daily paper, Carroll County Times, has the same manufacturer coupons as the Baltimore Sun for a lot less. I pay $4 a month for Sunday only service and I know save much more than that in coupons.
Old 11-17-2008, 06:51 AM   #1460  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Jenn~I'm not sure which papers you get up there, but I know our local daily paper, Carroll County Times, has the same manufacturer coupons as the Baltimore Sun for a lot less. I pay $4 a month for Sunday only service and I know save much more than that in coupons.
Thanks...I have my husband asking at work, too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-17-2008, 07:59 AM   #1461  
Pearl-ExPert

Okay, I am loving how my mailbox is coming out.. I just hope when it comes time to festoon it with ribbon I have the right sizes and styles to make it purty.. you know me and my ribbon phobia....

Of course I have NO idea what to put INSIDE it.. was thinking of maybe a post it note holder, an altered pen maybe and a set of cards plus a sour cream container with goodies inside.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-17-2008, 09:25 AM   #1462  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Okay, I am loving how my mailbox is coming out.. I just hope when it comes time to festoon it with ribbon I have the right sizes and styles to make it purty.. you know me and my ribbon phobia....

Of course I have NO idea what to put INSIDE it.. was thinking of maybe a post it note holder, an altered pen maybe and a set of cards plus a sour cream container with goodies inside.
Sounds like a plan to me! I say go with whatever fits.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-17-2008, 09:26 AM   #1463  
Gallery Gazer

Happy Travels tomorrow Tracy!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-17-2008, 10:21 AM   #1464  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey, what's up with the shootings right off Post? I have never been to any of the places in that strip mall, it's a pretty scary looking place, but I never expected to hear that people were killed there. Has security on Post been stepped up at all because of it? It's weird because there are so many nice areas just past there, but right along that little area of 175 is like the Odenton ghetto.
Old 11-17-2008, 02:49 PM   #1465  
Pearl-ExPert

hmm haven't heard anything.. but DH was off base at meetings all day so he wouldn't have been in the loop either...

*giggle* you all know Freecycle, right? well, I listed a butt ton of stuff on it the other day and somebody offered to take it all. while we were talking she mentioned that she had just listed some cat toys.. so we traded. well one of the mice chirps like a bird and Sachiko is freaked out.. she drops it every time it chirps and she looks at it funny. It's funny to watch.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-17-2008, 09:17 PM   #1466  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Hey, what's up with the shootings right off Post? I have never been to any of the places in that strip mall, it's a pretty scary looking place, but I never expected to hear that people were killed there. Has security on Post been stepped up at all because of it? It's weird because there are so many nice areas just past there, but right along that little area of 175 is like the Odenton ghetto.
Yea, I'm wondering that myself, I sure didn't like hearing that there were shootings going on so close to my girls! That section of 175 has always been rundown and shady looking but it's even gotten worse over the years. Plus, there are several housing projects back off of 174 that have had numerous problems over the years with shootings and drug activity. Given the time of night that it happened it wouldn't surprise me if the shootings weren't drug related as well.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2008, 02:29 AM   #1467  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Yea, I'm wondering that myself, I sure didn't like hearing that there were shootings going on so close to my girls! That section of 175 has always been rundown and shady looking but it's even gotten worse over the years. Plus, there are several housing projects back off of 174 that have had numerous problems over the years with shootings and drug activity. Given the time of night that it happened it wouldn't surprise me if the shootings weren't drug related as well.
I remember when I was in high school 30-some-odd years ago- the fire department wouldn't even go into Meade Village without a police escort! I'm sure things are worse there now!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2008, 03:01 AM   #1468  
Pearl-ExPert

did it happen in an area that's off limits to the Serviocemembers? I know DINFOS has quite the extensive list of areas that are verboten
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2008, 03:51 AM   #1469  
Gallery Gazer

Wow didn't even know any of this was going on.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2008, 04:46 AM   #1470  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Wow. I am not even familiar with the area, but I know enough (now) to avoid it...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2008, 05:40 AM   #1471  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I thought I had heard that they were...or maybe that was just my mind filling in the blanks.

I think part of the reason they tore down the old apartments that were part of housing was because of the crime. They wouldn't have complied with the new housing regulations either, but they were pretty nasty and rough.
Old 11-18-2008, 06:44 AM   #1472  
Pearl-ExPert

I got the Latest Kohl's extra 15% off coupon from my sister this morning. any takers? good Thursday through Sunday....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2008, 06:46 AM   #1473  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

I got the Latest Kohl's extra 15% off coupon from my sister this morning. any takers? good Thursday through Sunday....
Yes PLEASE!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2008, 06:49 AM   #1474  
Pearl-ExPert

okies.. just PM me your address.. I don't think I have yours....

BTW.. those ornaments you and rhonda did are FANTASTIC!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2008, 08:45 AM   #1475  
Stazon Splitcoast

It JUST started snowing here
Old 11-18-2008, 09:30 AM   #1476  
Pearl-ExPert

SNOW is a four letter word.......
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2008, 09:39 AM   #1477  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

SNOW is a four letter word.......
You must have been raised some place warm and never got to take advantage of SNOW DAYS! Of course, it is different when it snows here then back at home....back home you can still drive around because the roads are plowed and salted, not so much here.
Old 11-18-2008, 10:21 AM   #1478  
Pearl-ExPert

as a matter of fact, I grew up with LAKE EFFECT snow in Upstate NY and had more than one school year extended because we used up all our snow days and them some.

Still say it's a four letter word. It's really my biggest concern while John is deployed.. it will be too cold,windy and crappy weather wise for me to do any walking to do little things like buy groceries.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2008, 10:25 AM   #1479  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

did it happen in an area that's off limits to the Serviocemembers? I know DINFOS has quite the extensive list of areas that are verboten
It happened in a parking lot, behind a small strip mall that houses a liquor store, bar and laundromat. It was supposed to have cameras, that's questionable. The city of Odenton and Ft. Meade have been slowly working on closing down these places. Since we came here in 2002 they have made progress. The people involved were from Annapolis so it just doesn't matter, they were obviously looking for trouble. That is the first shooting in that area since we've been here. Up further on Reese Road, there are a couple of apt. complexes that have more trouble. Part of the plan for the influx of troops to Ft. Meade in the next year or two, is to remove all of those old places and widen the road all along 175, the construction on Ft. Meade is part of that same plan. But you how slow progress can be, but it's changed quite a bit in the last 6 years so hopefully they'll get there before any more serious crime moves in!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2008, 10:30 AM   #1480  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

It JUST started snowing here
It just started snowing here in Bowie too! I don't like the cold, but snow is pretty! I still like to play in it! When we have enough I go out and make snowballs and get DH when he pulls in from work! No, we never grow up!
Reply With Quote Likes