Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-13-2008, 06:27 AM   #1401  
Gallery Gazer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrsjvbView Post
Hope Tracy is warm and having fun in Florida....
Hope they are having better weather than we are. It's really dark here on Ft Meade today. I really need to get some type of lights for my new craft space.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2008, 06:45 AM   #1402  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmGee458View Post
Rhonda- thanks for the great ideas!! I'll be 'out and about' tomorrow, too, so I'll make sure to look for some of those things! I've not seen the air fresheners, but what a great idea!!

Dawnmarie- the Chicken Soup book is a great idea, too!! Those books are wonderful!

I'm looking forward to putting this basket together! My team is walking in memory of 2 teachers from my school who have recently passed away from breast cancer, so it's near and dear to our hearts. Cancer in general just sucks. We just lost my 31-year old niece to cervical cancer a year ago.

Thanks, again, for your ideas!!
Have fun with your basket. Good luck on your walk!
Old 11-13-2008, 06:46 AM   #1403  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmandaWView Post
Hope they are having better weather than we are. It's really dark here on Ft Meade today. I really need to get some type of lights for my new craft space.
Ugh! It's dreary and rainy up here in the styx too. Naturally it's garbage day and dh forgot to empty both full diaper pails, so guess who got to walk out in the rain in her jammies to do the job But today is babysitter day, so I should be able to run out later and get a few things done with just Peanut in tow.

Hope you all have a great day.
Old 11-13-2008, 06:50 AM   #1404  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by MelenaPrincessView Post
Ugh! It's dreary and rainy up here in the styx too. Naturally it's garbage day and dh forgot to empty both full diaper pails, so guess who got to walk out in the rain in her jammies to do the job But today is babysitter day, so I should be able to run out later and get a few things done with just Peanut in tow.

Hope you all have a great day.
Good for you! Glad you have Babysitter day! I want Santa to bring me a live in Nanny for Christmas.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2008, 07:01 AM   #1405  
Stazon Splitcoast

I get 3 hours on Thursday afternoon, from after school until dinner. It's the highschool girl that lives just across the way from us. The girls ADORE her and she does fun things with them that I don't have the patience or energy to do, like use Play Doh. Although, now that we are getting into more of a routine here with the baby, I am becoming a little more fun again.
Old 11-13-2008, 08:05 AM   #1406  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Hope Tracy is warm and having fun in Florida....
I hope Tracy is warm in the sun too...I think. I'm not so sure. Okay, I'll admit it, I'm very jealous. She'd better be having fun! Look what she's left us with!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2008, 08:09 AM   #1407  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

If you want to take a trip to the IKEA that's up this way just let me know. They have a ton of lighting solutions! I love that store. Good prices too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2008, 08:47 AM   #1408  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjstamperView Post
If you want to take a trip to the IKEA that's up this way just let me know. They have a ton of lighting solutions! I love that store. Good prices too.
Yeah we need to do that lamp thing that's in the craft store. That is so cool! Dosn't give off much light but who cares it's COOL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2008, 10:16 AM   #1409  
Pearl-ExPert

Hey,anybody got a spare lunch box, pail, or mailbox I can buy off of them? I have a Secret Santa type thingy going on for my other Forum that I am Mod on, and was wanting to put together a nice little altered gift with some matching notecards and maybe an altered notebook and bookmark. If I get the one girl who lives in Singapore, I will need to get it done and mailed out fairly quickly...

Last few times I have looked at the craft stores I have been out of luck finding anything.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2008, 10:21 AM   #1410  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Hey,anybody got a spare lunch box, pail, or mailbox I can buy off of them? I have a Secret Santa type thingy going on for my other Forum that I am Mod on, and was wanting to put together a nice little altered gift with some matching notecards and maybe an altered notebook and bookmark. If I get the one girl who lives in Singapore, I will need to get it done and mailed out fairly quickly...

Last few times I have looked at the craft stores I have been out of luck finding anything.
I have a regular sized one and a small one (fits 3 x 5 index cards).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2008, 10:30 AM   #1411  
Gallery Gazer

No Sorry I don't have any used my last one a couple days ago. They have several types at Create It Crafts in Glen Burnie. Rhonda and I are having lunch and going shopping tomorrow if you wanna go.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2008, 10:52 AM   #1412  
Pearl-ExPert

OOH yes, can I?! I wanted to hit Create It Crafts before they move. and Lunch sounds lovely. I will have John buy money out of the ATM before he comes home tonight ( I never have cash in my wallet).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2008, 12:44 PM   #1413  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

OOH yes, can I?! I wanted to hit Create It Crafts before they move. and Lunch sounds lovely. I will have John buy money out of the ATM before he comes home tonight ( I never have cash in my wallet).
GREAT! I'll PM you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2008, 01:48 PM   #1414  
Forum Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Ahhhhh Man it's been a BAD week and it's only WED!

So far this week two sick kids, my car is broke into and yes my purse was inside they stole the cash ($48.00), the weird thing was all my cards were taken out of my wallet but just tossed back in the car. The cop said this is what they do now the don't take the cards they just use there cell phones to take pics of the cards and use them online. The funny thing is if they would have opened my center armrest thing they would have found more money, my Garmen, my DH watch. Lots of fun let me tell ya. My inc company is kinda giving me crap because I left my purse in the car. What a fun week anyone want to do that Wife Swap show?! I will switch lives with just about anyone today!

Oh and yesterday the crew and I are loading back into the car at Lowes a guy in a white truck pulled into a space just one car spot away from my and another guy in a blue pickup decides to back up after seeing that we are leaving and as he starts to back up the white truck also starts to back up because he is crooked in the space and doesn't want anyone to ding his doors so they back up at the same time and wack they hit. Not only do the hit but there bumpers are now attached so I'm blocked in. So I've had to fill out two police reports this week. At least this one just cost me time.

I'm staying home today! LOL
Wow, I miss being on here for one day and all heck breaks loose! Sorry to hear about your car being broken into and stuff stolen Amanda! That really sucks to have to contact all your credit card companies and change everything! And I almost thought you were going to say that one of those trucks at Lowes hit your car! That really would have put the icing on the cake! I'm glad it was just an inconvenience that time and I'm glad the ones that broke into your car didn't get the other stuff in the console. This time of year is particularly bad for people breaking into cars and stealing Christmas presents so be very careful where you park. Also, be careful walking into stores, a friend of mine was knocked down in broad daylight on a parking lot and her purse ripped right off her arm! Not trying to scare anyone but just want everyone to be aware and keep a watchful eye out for the crudballs out here!

Stampin' Up! Demonstrator

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2008, 01:51 PM   #1415  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Dawnmarie, if you don't find anything tomorrow I have some of the mailboxes and one of the small lunch tins. You are certainly welcome to either and I can run it down to you.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2008, 01:55 PM   #1416  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

No Sorry I don't have any used my last one a couple days ago. They have several types at Create It Crafts in Glen Burnie. Rhonda and I are having lunch and going shopping tomorrow if you wanna go.
Darn it! I wanna go too! But unfortunately Sharon is a slave driver and is making me work! One of these days I'm just gonna have to play hooky and come out and play with you guys!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2008, 01:57 PM   #1417  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Ahhhhh Man it's been a BAD week and it's only WED!

So far this week two sick kids, my car is broke into and yes my purse was inside they stole the cash ($48.00), the weird thing was all my cards were taken out of my wallet but just tossed back in the car. The cop said this is what they do now the don't take the cards they just use there cell phones to take pics of the cards and use them online. The funny thing is if they would have opened my center armrest thing they would have found more money, my Garmen, my DH watch. Lots of fun let me tell ya. My inc company is kinda giving me crap because I left my purse in the car. What a fun week anyone want to do that Wife Swap show?! I will switch lives with just about anyone today!

Oh and yesterday the crew and I are loading back into the car at Lowes a guy in a white truck pulled into a space just one car spot away from my and another guy in a blue pickup decides to back up after seeing that we are leaving and as he starts to back up the white truck also starts to back up because he is crooked in the space and doesn't want anyone to ding his doors so they back up at the same time and wack they hit. Not only do the hit but there bumpers are now attached so I'm blocked in. So I've had to fill out two police reports this week. At least this one just cost me time.

I'm staying home today! LOL
Oh man Amanda! I'm sorry to hear everything is hitting the fan. Hope today was better for you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2008, 02:02 PM   #1418  
Gallery Gazer

Thanks Tracy and Kathi. Yes today has been better. Hope my bad luck is gone if not...........Poor Rhonda and Dawnmarie.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2008, 02:37 PM   #1419  
Pearl-ExPert

I'll pack an emergency bag of chocolates....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2008, 07:13 AM   #1420  
Stampin' Fool

Hey there!
Can anyone tell me how often you have to do emissions testing, renew plates and drivers licenses, and car inspections? I am trying to get my budget set up for these items.
Indiana doesn't have inspections or emissions testing, so they are new to us.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2008, 09:58 AM   #1421  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by SabrinasmomView Post
Hey there!
Can anyone tell me how often you have to do emissions testing, renew plates and drivers licenses, and car inspections? I am trying to get my budget set up for these items.

Thanks.

Car Inspections are once - when you first register a car in MD - either because you have just moved here or just bought one.

Emissions tests are every two years (although not erquired in every county in the state)

Driver's Licenses - every five years

Car tags - every two years.

Hope that helps!

Where are you moving?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2008, 09:59 AM   #1422  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by SabrinasmomView Post
Hey there!

Thanks.
Hi Jenn, here's the info:

Emissions testing is every two years but not every county has emissions testing, mostly the suburban areas. You'll have to check with Motor Vehicle Adm. to see if your county is included

Plates are renewed every two years

Driver's licenses are renewed every five years

Car inspections are only done when you sell the car to a private party and then only if you want to, you can have the buyer do the inspection but you have a better chance of selling it if it's already inspected. If you give the car to an immediate family member (such as a child or step-child, brother, sister, etc.) it doesn't have to be inspected.

Hope this helps!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2008, 10:56 AM   #1423  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Thanks Tracy and Kathi. Yes today has been better. Hope my bad luck is gone if not...........Poor Rhonda and Dawnmarie.
Glad things are better now! Not to put a damper on anything but did you see on the news last night and this morning where several ladies have been accosted and had their purses stolen at Arundel Mills in the last week or so? Be careful everyone!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2008, 11:08 AM   #1424  
Stampin' Fool

Thanks ladies! I searched the website, but couldn't find it - I must have been looking in the wrong place...lol.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2008, 11:41 AM   #1425  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathi127View Post
Glad things are better now! Not to put a damper on anything but did you see on the news last night and this morning where several ladies have been accosted and had their purses stolen at Arundel Mills in the last week or so? Be careful everyone!

I saw bits of that last night. I figure if we hunt in packs they won't be brave enough to target us.. and I fight dirty anyway.

Glad you are doing better Amanda.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2008, 01:48 PM   #1426  
Gallery Gazer

Well went to see the Doc today I have a sinus infection and double ear infection. Guess that's why my head hurts so bad. He gave me lots of drugs and told me to go home and do nothing for a few days.......just lay around and drink lots of water and keep the house quiet.....he went on and on.........I asked him if he has kids he said "no why do you ask"! LOL Anyone who thinks a Mom of a two can go home and do nothing and keep the house quiet is.....A. NOT A PARENT or B. A DUMB ***** He just look at me kinda funny and gave me another RX for the pain that's making me grumpy!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2008, 01:56 PM   #1427  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

My hubby has been after me for two years to get a concealed handgun permit. I tell ya it just keeps getting more tempting but then again that would be just one more thing to get lost in my purse.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2008, 01:57 PM   #1428  
Pearl-ExPert

you forgot C: All of the Above.....

Drugs are a good thing....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2008, 05:46 PM   #1429  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

My hubby has been after me for two years to get a concealed handgun permit. I tell ya it just keeps getting more tempting but then again that would be just one more thing to get lost in my purse.
...and I thought my hubby was the one one!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2008, 05:55 PM   #1430  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

I'd be afraid I'd shoot myself!!!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2008, 06:03 PM   #1431  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Well went to see the Doc today I have a sinus infection and double ear infection. Guess that's why my head hurts so bad. He gave me lots of drugs and told me to go home and do nothing for a few days.......just lay around and drink lots of water and keep the house quiet.....he went on and on.........I asked him if he has kids he said "no why do you ask"! LOL Anyone who thinks a Mom of a two can go home and do nothing and keep the house quiet is.....A. NOT A PARENT or B. A DUMB ***** He just look at me kinda funny and gave me another RX for the pain that's making me grumpy!
Oh man Amanda, I feel for you! A sinus infection is bad enough but to add ear infections into the mix is murder! I hope those drugs work fast and you start feeling better soon! And yea, that dr. has absolutely no clue!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2008, 05:55 AM   #1432  
Watercolor Wizard

Good morning, on this dreary, wet Saturday! I sure hope this rain goes soon- it's killing my knees!! I ache all over this morning!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2008, 06:18 AM   #1433  
Pearl-ExPert

oh good, glad I ain't the only one.. but I have a large shopping list so I need to go out. I am cooking for four starving college students next Saturday so I need to lay in supplies of stuff I ordinarily don't have on hand.. like Soda.

and of course I am going to sweet talk my spousal unit into having lunch out.. which means if I play my cards right.. I won't have to cook dinner tonight!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2008, 09:52 AM   #1434  
Watercolor Wizard

How on earth does SO much dust accumulate??? (Maybe if I dusted more and stamped less? Nahhh...) I'm in the process of cleaning the ceiling fan in the kitchen...goodness, I've never seen so much dust! I'm taking a break while I wait for the bulbs to cool down so I can wash the globes...

I was surprised to see we're under a tornado watch!! It's mid-November!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2008, 09:55 AM   #1435  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

oh good, glad I ain't the only one.. but I have a large shopping list so I need to go out. I am cooking for four starving college students next Saturday so I need to lay in supplies of stuff I ordinarily don't have on hand.. like Soda.

and of course I am going to sweet talk my spousal unit into having lunch out.. which means if I play my cards right.. I won't have to cook dinner tonight!
No, you're not the only one...and I'm hurting even more now that I've been climbing up and down on the mini-ladder. My knees really ache, but my ankles and hip are hurting too...guess I'm just getting old....

I can remember how much ONE 'growing boy' could eat when DS was growing up, I can't imagine feeding FOUR!!

Enjoy your dinner out! I hope you go somewhere nice!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2008, 11:23 AM   #1436  
Pearl-ExPert

Found Create It Crafts. bought some DP, stickles, some really cool 3d stickers and some Fluffles stamps. Oh yeah, and what I went for.. a mailbox and two tins to alter.

and I'd go back again next week too if there's a road trip!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2008, 01:10 PM   #1437  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmGee458View Post
How on earth does SO much dust accumulate??? (Maybe if I dusted more and stamped less? Nahhh...) I'm in the process of cleaning the ceiling fan in the kitchen...goodness, I've never seen so much dust! I'm taking a break while I wait for the bulbs to cool down so I can wash the globes...

I was surprised to see we're under a tornado watch!! It's mid-November!!
I know what you mean Mary! And with all these animals I've got hairballs all over the place! I'm on a cleaning kick this weekend too, this house has really been getting on my nerves the last couple of weeks and I can't stand it anymore!

I didn't know we had a tornado watch going on, haven't had the tv or radio on since early this morning. This weather is crazy! I remember we had a big snowstorm on Veteran's Day back in 1987! Today I have all my windows open and ceiling fans going, I've even been tempted to put the air on to get rid of this humidity!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2008, 01:16 PM   #1438  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Found Create It Crafts. bought some DP, stickles, some really cool 3d stickers and some Fluffles stamps. Oh yeah, and what I went for.. a mailbox and two tins to alter.

and I'd go back again next week too if there's a road trip!
Oh good, glad you found what you wanted! I haven't gotten there yet but hope to soon! Does anyone know what time they close during the week?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2008, 01:17 PM   #1439  
Watercolor Wizard

I'm done for the day...DH got the new light fixture hung in the entry, I dusted all the baskets that I have hanging in the entry/kitchen (THAT was a job in itself!), hung the new curtain on the door and the ceiling fan is sparkling...tomorrow I'll clean the top of the fridge, clean the hutch and maybe scrub the floor. I bought new runners/tablecloth/etc. to match the curtains and I want to get those out. Housework is the pits!! Now, wonder what's for dinner??
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2008, 01:19 PM   #1440  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Oh good, glad you found what you wanted! I haven't gotten there yet but hope to soon! Does anyone know what time they close during the week?
From their website: Store Hours: Monday: closed, Tuesday-Thursday: 10am-7pm, Friday & Saturday: 10am-9pm, Sunday: 12pm-5pm

I still haven't gotten out there, yet, either.
Reply With Quote Likes