Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-09-2008, 08:33 AM   #1361  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I drug my spousal unit over to the auction table and pointed it out.. said "That is what I want for Christmas". if I get it you can share mine.

but on the way home last night he told me my present wouldn't fit in the car... so now I am worried... I figure there is always my birthday and since he won't be home he can give me a GC or something....
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-09-2008, 09:16 AM   #1362  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmGee458View Post
Okay, should I or shouldn't I ask for a Scor-Pal for Christmas?? Would I use it?? I already have so much stuff that I just HAD to have that sits collecting dust...
Yes, you NEED one! I never put mine away - I use it all the time and really miss it when I have to fold a card that I haven't pre-scored! It won't collect dust!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-09-2008, 09:30 AM   #1363  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Okay, should I or shouldn't I ask for a Scor-Pal for Christmas?? Would I use it?? I already have so much stuff that I just HAD to have that sits collecting dust...
I love mine! I use it all the time. I'm going to bring mine to the swaps from now on. It has a Great cutting mat that fits over the scor area and provides a nice flat spot to stamp on. My table at the swap wasn't flat and some of my stamping wasn't working so it's coming to all the swaps from now on!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-09-2008, 12:14 PM   #1364  
Stazon Splitcoast

I think it is one of those tools that you don't realize how much you need it until you have it. Just like I didn't NEED Copics, until I used them, now I can't live without them.
Old 11-09-2008, 12:20 PM   #1365  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by MelenaPrincessView Post
I think it is one of those tools that you don't realize how much you need it until you have it. Just like I didn't NEED Copics, until I used them, now I can't live without them.
You girls have convinced me that I DO need a Scor-Pal so it's going on my Christmas list...and speaking of Copics- now that I've used them (for the first time yesterday!) where can I get them for a good price?? They're wonderful!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-09-2008, 12:23 PM   #1366  
Pearl-ExPert

I am going to wait.. if we DO end up in Japan, I will contain myself until I get there and see if I can't buy them cheaper at the source... heheheh. But with my luck the colors will all be written in Romanji.. but if the numbers are the same I should be okay...maybe...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-09-2008, 12:35 PM   #1367  
Stazon Splitcoast

I have found good prices at www.carpediemstore.com. If you want them NOW Photoscraps has them individually and in sets now.
Old 11-09-2008, 12:50 PM   #1368  
Gallery Gazer

I'm just not crazy about Copics. Today I used my SU markers on watercolor paper (cheep at M's ) and it looks great it doesn't have any overlap lines. Which is the only reason that I would buy the copics.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-10-2008, 05:08 AM   #1369  
Pearl-ExPert

Default Just call me a Klutz

Fell down the stairs today. Luckily it was the 'safest' flight to fall down. Scraped up my arm pretty badly.. and my left knee.. isn't bending at all.

Soooo, any plans I may have had to work on Christmas cards or a couple of swaps I am thinking about joining.. right down the tubes. I will be hobbling up stairs in a few minutes to wrap the knee in the heating pad and lounge around watching Harry Potter Movies. Or Maybe a season of The Muppet Show.

It's a *****, really.. something as simple as falling down a flight of stairs will put me out of commission all day. stoopid disease.... Looks like dinner is going to be prebagged salad and a grilled chicken breast. that can be done in five minutes when Squidward gets home. and dammit I had grandiose plans to make potato soup today.. major craving going on....

the rest of the swap piccies will be DL tomorrow. I did five yesterday before I remembered no Upload Sunday.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-10-2008, 05:44 AM   #1370  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrsjvbView Post
Fell down the stairs today. Luckily it was the 'safest' flight to fall down. Scraped up my arm pretty badly.. and my left knee.. isn't bending at all.

Soooo, any plans I may have had to work on Christmas cards or a couple of swaps I am thinking about joining.. right down the tubes. I will be hobbling up stairs in a few minutes to wrap the knee in the heating pad and lounge around watching Harry Potter Movies. Or Maybe a season of The Muppet Show.

It's a *****, really.. something as simple as falling down a flight of stairs will put me out of commission all day. stoopid disease.... Looks like dinner is going to be prebagged salad and a grilled chicken breast. that can be done in five minutes when Squidward gets home. and dammit I had grandiose plans to make potato soup today.. major craving going on....

the rest of the swap piccies will be DL tomorrow. I did five yesterday before I remembered no Upload Sunday.
Holy Moly Dawnmarie! I hope you will be alright. Did you call DH to let him know? I'll be around today, if you need me to run over, just trying to do some cleaning. I'll pm you my numbers to be reached at.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-10-2008, 06:25 AM   #1371  
Stampin' Fool

Did you guys see this?

http://www.abc2news.com/news/local/s...3B728&gsa=true

It happened right around the corner from where I live. I can't even imagine how these families are feeling...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-10-2008, 06:28 AM   #1372  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Geesh! Are you okay? Sit down and put some ice on your knee!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-10-2008, 06:32 AM   #1373  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by SabrinasmomView Post
Did you guys see this?

It happened right around the corner from where I live. I can't even imagine how these families are feeling...
Isn't that terrible? I also live right by there - I tried to get on the bypass and it was shut down. I came in to work today to find out it was one of our employee's daughter and grandson! I couldn't imagine! so sad!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-10-2008, 07:00 AM   #1374  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by PriCousinsView Post
Isn't that terrible? I also live right by there - I tried to get on the bypass and it was shut down. I came in to work today to find out it was one of our employee's daughter and grandson! I couldn't imagine! so sad!
OH MY! I just cannot imagine...

This has been on my mind all weekend. I just cannot get it out of my head. I have been praying for these families all weekend!

My children certainly loved watching all of the helicopters flying around, but they are too young to understand why they were there...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-10-2008, 07:04 AM   #1375  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

OH MY! I just cannot imagine...

This has been on my mind all weekend. I just cannot get it out of my head. I have been praying for these families all weekend!

My children certainly loved watching all of the helicopters flying around, but they are too young to understand why they were there...
It's so hard to say anything with ANY death but something like this, it's so hard to comfort someone. My children are upset about it, my 12 yo DS said we should start a petition to get a jersey barrier wall put up. they really need to do that there!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-10-2008, 08:53 AM   #1376  
Forum Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Oh no! You poor girl! I'm glad you didn't break anything! Put some ice on that knee to keep the swelling down and keep it elevated! I'm also around today and tomorrow if you need anything, I'll PM you my numbers as well. Take care and let dh wait on YOU when he's home!

Stampin' Up! Demonstrator

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-10-2008, 08:57 AM   #1377  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Did you guys see this?

I saw that on the news last night. Tragic
Old 11-10-2008, 08:57 AM   #1378  
Forum Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Did you guys see this?

Yes, I've been seeing this on the news all weekend, very sad. I feel so bad for that family and know what they are going through as my dh lost his sister in an auto accident 9 years ago two weeks before Christmas and left an 8 year old son and husband. I am praying for them during this sad time.

Stampin' Up! Demonstrator

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-10-2008, 02:23 PM   #1379  
Hardware Hotshot

Dawnmarie hope you are doing better.

Ladies have a great week, off to Florida for some fun in the sun.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-10-2008, 02:43 PM   #1380  
Pearl-ExPert

spent all day ensconced on the couch. John brought the spare laptop downstairs so now I am connected again. He yelled at me for not calling him. My reply: not like I can call you on deployment 't handle it I will for every little thing....

but thank you both, Tracy and Kathi for offering to rescue me. if there comes a time when I can not handle it John has ordered me to take you up on the offer. He can be big and scary when he's worried....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-10-2008, 02:46 PM   #1381  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

spent all day ensconced on the couch. John brought the spare laptop downstairs so now I am connected again. He yelled at me for not calling him. My reply: not like I can call you on deployment 't handle it I will for every little thing....

but thank you both, Tracy and Kathi for offering to rescue me. if there comes a time when I can not handle it John has ordered me to take you up on the offer. He can be big and scary when he's worried....
OMG! I really hope your feeling better! Please if you need anything call me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-10-2008, 03:29 PM   #1382  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Oh, dear, I'm so glad that you're alright. Take it easy and nurse it for all it's worth!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-10-2008, 03:42 PM   #1383  
Glitter Guru

Oh, no! I am so sorry! Please take it easy! Hope you are feeling better soon!

Quote:

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-10-2008, 05:11 PM   #1384  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Well I expect you to take me up on my offer, so hold onto my numbers. I know it can be a pain in the rear needing to ask for help, but been there had to do it. It's really no fun having to ask for help, but that is what friends are for. Hope you are doing better.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-11-2008, 06:30 AM   #1385  
Pearl-ExPert

No pain today, but man is my knee STIFF. No workout on the elliptical today, that's for sure.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2008, 03:36 AM   #1386  
Watercolor Wizard

Good morning, Maryland!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2008, 05:38 AM   #1387  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

No pain today, but man is my knee STIFF. No workout on the elliptical today, that's for sure.
Hope you are feeling better today!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2008, 07:06 AM   #1388  
Pearl-ExPert

less stiffness, but dammit it's cold. Me no likey winter.

In the continuing saga that is my life..

today is Drug Day. twice a month I have to inject myself. I send Squidward to the Pharmacy to pick them up for me. last time I needed to order refills, the website was down and the phone lines were constantly busy.. as In I tried for three straight days calling every ten minutes and couldn't get through, so I finally gave up and called the pharmacy directly..

she ordered the WRONG delivery system.. the syringe instead of the pen. and all John did was say: "new box" when he stuck it in the fridge so I didn't realize until this morning. Luckily I had instructions on how to use it and all went well.

But now I have to set up mail order since he is leaving soon and I can't guarantee being able to get to base every 2 weeks. and that requires faxing some stuff to the doctor, who then has to turn around and fax that..plus other stuff at one time to the company.

Why does everything have to be so bloody complicated?!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2008, 07:10 AM   #1389  
Gallery Gazer

Ahhhhh Man it's been a BAD week and it's only WED!

So far this week two sick kids, my car is broke into and yes my purse was inside they stole the cash ($48.00), the weird thing was all my cards were taken out of my wallet but just tossed back in the car. The cop said this is what they do now the don't take the cards they just use there cell phones to take pics of the cards and use them online. The funny thing is if they would have opened my center armrest thing they would have found more money, my Garmen, my DH watch. Lots of fun let me tell ya. My inc company is kinda giving me crap because I left my purse in the car. What a fun week anyone want to do that Wife Swap show?! I will switch lives with just about anyone today!

Oh and yesterday the crew and I are loading back into the car at Lowes a guy in a white truck pulled into a space just one car spot away from my and another guy in a blue pickup decides to back up after seeing that we are leaving and as he starts to back up the white truck also starts to back up because he is crooked in the space and doesn't want anyone to ding his doors so they back up at the same time and wack they hit. Not only do the hit but there bumpers are now attached so I'm blocked in. So I've had to fill out two police reports this week. At least this one just cost me time.

I'm staying home today! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2008, 07:51 AM   #1390  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

less stiffness, but dammit it's cold. Me no likey winter.

In the continuing saga that is my life..

today is Drug Day. twice a month I have to inject myself. I send Squidward to the Pharmacy to pick them up for me. last time I needed to order refills, the website was down and the phone lines were constantly busy.. as In I tried for three straight days calling every ten minutes and couldn't get through, so I finally gave up and called the pharmacy directly..

she ordered the WRONG delivery system.. the syringe instead of the pen. and all John did was say: "new box" when he stuck it in the fridge so I didn't realize until this morning. Luckily I had instructions on how to use it and all went well.

But now I have to set up mail order since he is leaving soon and I can't guarantee being able to get to base every 2 weeks. and that requires faxing some stuff to the doctor, who then has to turn around and fax that..plus other stuff at one time to the company.

Why does everything have to be so bloody complicated?!
Glad your stiffness is less today. I am not a fan of winter either! I have friends in Texas, Arizona and Alabama who would love both the cold weather and snow - wish I could just send it all to them!!! I wouldn't mind at all if they would share that warm weather they have!

So sorry you got the wrong delivery system for your meds. Glad it went ok for you though. I am sure I would have freaked out seeing a syringe rather than a pen. I inject myself nightly and couldn't do it for the first several weeks - had hubby do it. Then one night he was fast asleep and I had no choice but to suck it up and do it myself - he hasn't done it since! Good luck with future deliveries!

May your stiffness continue to abate and all those life complexities resolve smoothly!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2008, 07:53 AM   #1391  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmandaWView Post
Ahhhhh Man it's been a BAD week and it's only WED!

So far this week two sick kids, my car is broke into and yes my purse was inside they stole the cash ($48.00), the weird thing was all my cards were taken out of my wallet but just tossed back in the car. The cop said this is what they do now the don't take the cards they just use there cell phones to take pics of the cards and use them online. The funny thing is if they would have opened my center armrest thing they would have found more money, my Garmen, my DH watch. Lots of fun let me tell ya. My inc company is kinda giving me crap because I left my purse in the car. What a fun week anyone want to do that Wife Swap show?! I will switch lives with just about anyone today!

Oh and yesterday the crew and I are loading back into the car at Lowes a guy in a white truck pulled into a space just one car spot away from my and another guy in a blue pickup decides to back up after seeing that we are leaving and as he starts to back up the white truck also starts to back up because he is crooked in the space and doesn't want anyone to ding his doors so they back up at the same time and wack they hit. Not only do the hit but there bumpers are now attached so I'm blocked in. So I've had to fill out two police reports this week. At least this one just cost me time.

I'm staying home today! LOL
So sorry! I think I would stay home too! Come to think of it, I sure wish I could, but I have a meeting for work. And to make it worse, my meeting is in DC - oh, I hate driving into the city!

May the rest of your week be loads better!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2008, 08:44 AM   #1392  
Stazon Splitcoast

Wow Amanda, what an adventurous week you have had. Stay home....in fact, stay in bed!!!!
Old 11-12-2008, 08:54 AM   #1393  
Pearl-ExPert

Amanda, you win the worst Week Award. was the car broken into on base?! and that sucks about being trapped at Lowe's.

Staying home is probably best.. no need to tempt the Fates.....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2008, 10:23 AM   #1394  
Watercolor Wizard

I need ideas! My Relay for Life team is putting together a basket for a silent auction to benefit our relay team to be auctioned off at our PTA's Breakfast with Santa on Dec. 3rd. The basket will have a pink theme (for breast cancer.) I need ideas of some things to put in the basket. I'm going to make a set of 6 note cards using Hope Is...and I have a new in package retired Longaberger basket with fabric liner and a coordinating Boyd's Bear that benefited the Susan G. Komen Foundation. One girl is making a 'bouquet" of pink candy ribbon lollipops. Another girl on the team just purchased a pretty pink candle that benefits the Komen Foundation. Anyone have ANY ideas of what we can put in this basket? I thought I might alter a lunch tin in pretty pink and white DSP and put the note cards in?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2008, 12:33 PM   #1395  
Pearl-ExPert

hmm.. maybe an altered notebook and Bookmark? maybe stamp the candle? a small book of encouraging quotes like Chicken soup for the soul....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2008, 03:44 PM   #1396  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

I need ideas! My Relay for Life team is putting together a basket for a silent auction to benefit our relay team to be auctioned off at our PTA's Breakfast with Santa on Dec. 3rd. The basket will have a pink theme (for breast cancer.) I need ideas of some things to put in the basket. I'm going to make a set of 6 note cards using Hope Is...and I have a new in package retired Longaberger basket with fabric liner and a coordinating Boyd's Bear that benefited the Susan G. Komen Foundation. One girl is making a 'bouquet" of pink candy ribbon lollipops. Another girl on the team just purchased a pretty pink candle that benefits the Komen Foundation. Anyone have ANY ideas of what we can put in this basket? I thought I might alter a lunch tin in pretty pink and white DSP and put the note cards in?
Sounds really nice Mary! I've seen a lot of things in the grocery stores, like bags of Reese's cups or Yorks, done in pink for Susan G. Komen Foundation. One grocery store, I think it was Giant even had air fresheners in the pink ribbon shape. How about some pink socks? (I am a 'socks' person, for every occasion!). Several places, including Walmart, sell sports bottles with the pink ribbon on them. The altered lunch tin sounds great! You guys should do really well auctioning off this, I'd sure bid on it! You'll have to take a picture when it's all together and put it on the thread!

Rhonda
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2008, 03:49 PM   #1397  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

hmm.. maybe an altered notebook and Bookmark? maybe stamp the candle? a small book of encouraging quotes like Chicken soup for the soul....
Chicken Soup for the Soul books does have a breast cancer book. Good idea.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2008, 05:11 PM   #1398  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjstamperView Post
Sounds really nice Mary! I've seen a lot of things in the grocery stores, like bags of Reese's cups or Yorks, done in pink for Susan G. Komen Foundation. One grocery store, I think it was Giant even had air fresheners in the pink ribbon shape. How about some pink socks? (I am a 'socks' person, for every occasion!). Several places, including Walmart, sell sports bottles with the pink ribbon on them. The altered lunch tin sounds great! You guys should do really well auctioning off this, I'd sure bid on it! You'll have to take a picture when it's all together and put it on the thread!

Rhonda
Rhonda- thanks for the great ideas!! I'll be 'out and about' tomorrow, too, so I'll make sure to look for some of those things! I've not seen the air fresheners, but what a great idea!!

Dawnmarie- the Chicken Soup book is a great idea, too!! Those books are wonderful!

I'm looking forward to putting this basket together! My team is walking in memory of 2 teachers from my school who have recently passed away from breast cancer, so it's near and dear to our hearts. Cancer in general just sucks. We just lost my 31-year old niece to cervical cancer a year ago.

Thanks, again, for your ideas!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2008, 04:27 AM   #1399  
Gallery Gazer

Good Morning Maryland.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2008, 04:41 AM   #1400  
Pearl-ExPert

Hope Tracy is warm and having fun in Florida....
Reply With Quote Likes