Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-20-2009, 12:07 PM   #5201  
Gallery Gazer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by CindyLView Post
Well, everything happens for a reason. So glad we didn't go to Amish Country today for two reasons - one being the nasty storms I had here this morning and another being a fatal accident in a location we would have probably been at at the time it happened up there. When I heard about that this morning, my heart dropped to my feet. So sad! If ya think about it, say a prayer for the families affected.
I was talking to Tracy today and we both said the same everything happens for a reason. It just wasn't our day to go.

I am feeling better I have an appt at W.R. on Tuesday don't know what that will bring about but so far I'm feeling better.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2009, 12:09 PM   #5202  
Gallery Gazer

Yes Stacy can't wait for my RUBBER! Let me know when is a good time and I'll pick it up.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2009, 12:11 PM   #5203  
Gallery Gazer

OMG! When did I become part of T&A?! Guess I do need to sell a little T&A before the new SU catty comes out....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2009, 12:19 PM   #5204  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmandaWView Post
I was talking to Tracy today and we both said the same everything happens for a reason. It just wasn't our day to go.

I am feeling better I have an appt at W.R. on Tuesday don't know what that will bring about but so far I'm feeling better.
So glad you are feeling better!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2009, 12:26 PM   #5205  
Glitter Guru

Well our beautiful day here in the Outer Banks has taken a turn. Not the weather though... DH and DD went SCUBA diving this morning. While they were down 60 feet or so, DH began having trouble breathing. Thye surfaced, he was given oxygen. They were over an hour off shore, but headed back and got him to a hospital. He had some fluid in his lungs as well as some surrounding his heart and was diagnosed with congestive heart failure. They admitted him and are treating him locally until he is stabilized, then they will transport to a hospital with a cadiac unit for further observation and testing. If he is stabilized in the morning, they will drug him up and send him home to be followed in MD, otherwise he will have to stay a while. Yikes!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2009, 12:28 PM   #5206  
Pearl-ExPert

holy crap.. let us know if we can do anything....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2009, 02:29 PM   #5207  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by jtaxView Post
Well our beautiful day here in the Outer Banks has taken a turn. Not the weather though... DH and DD went SCUBA diving this morning. While they were down 60 feet or so, DH began having trouble breathing. Thye surfaced, he was given oxygen. They were over an hour off shore, but headed back and got him to a hospital. He had some fluid in his lungs as well as some surrounding his heart and was diagnosed with congestive heart failure. They admitted him and are treating him locally until he is stabilized, then they will transport to a hospital with a cadiac unit for further observation and testing. If he is stabilized in the morning, they will drug him up and send him home to be followed in MD, otherwise he will have to stay a while. Yikes!
OMG! If there is anything I can do please let me know. We will keep and all of you in our prayers.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2009, 03:14 PM   #5208  
Forum Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by CindyLView Post
Well, everything happens for a reason. So glad we didn't go to Amish Country today for two reasons - one being the nasty storms I had here this morning and another being a fatal accident in a location we would have probably been at at the time it happened up there. When I heard about that this morning, my heart dropped to my feet. So sad! If ya think about it, say a prayer for the families affected.
Oh my goodness, that is sad! Yes, everything does happen for a reason. I will be sure to keep the families affected by the tragedy in my prayers.

Stampin' Up! Demonstrator

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2009, 03:19 PM   #5209  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

I'm glad you are feeling better! I guess it was a blessing in disguise that none of us were able to make the trip today after hearing about the accident, and who knows, we could have been caught in one of the severe storms that have been whipping through this whole area. I'm sorry though that you guys had to be sick to prevent you from going!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2009, 03:23 PM   #5210  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Oh my goodness Jeaneen, I am so sorry to hear this! You are all in my thoughts and prayers! If there is anything you need please don't hesitate to ask, we are all here for you!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2009, 06:35 PM   #5211  
Crimping Master

Quote:

OMG! When did I become part of T&A?! Guess I do need to sell a little T&A before the new SU catty comes out....
hahahahahahahaha too funny!!! I swung your stamps by -hopefully your hubby gives it to you =0) Mine are all trimmed and piled on a paper plate waiting for me to do something with them and I got all my hambo's backing off so I have an arseload to cling mount.

That is crazy about how it worked out...I feel for the families involved but thank goodness none of you were involved.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2009, 06:37 PM   #5212  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Oh no! I hope your hubby is okay. Is it something that has gone unnoticed before?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2009, 07:08 PM   #5213  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi Honey's I'm home!!! We hit DC traffic right as the rain started....fun drive. The girls really did not want to come home and leave their cousins, and I am beginning to wish the cousins all lived right here as well. They were busy all week and didn't even have time to fight. It was great!!!
Old 06-20-2009, 07:10 PM   #5214  
Stazon Splitcoast

Glad you girls are all safe....you sickies need to get better.

Wave as you drive bye on your way to the ribbon outlets.

Janeen if you need anything let me know....and yes, your veggies will be a foot tall, mine are
Old 06-20-2009, 07:15 PM   #5215  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by MelenaPrincessView Post
Hi Honey's I'm home!!! We hit DC traffic right as the rain started....fun drive. The girls really did not want to come home and leave their cousins, and I am beginning to wish the cousins all lived right here as well. They were busy all week and didn't even have time to fight. It was great!!!
Glad you made it home safe!!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-21-2009, 07:43 AM   #5216  
Pearl-ExPert

welp, I did it.. I just bought Sets A and B of the 36 Ciaos on BST for under $200 total. saved at least $40 off carpediem's prices and that should keep me satisfied for a while....

Welcome back Kimme.

Jenean, hows your DH doing?!

rum cake is sealed and boxed and scheduled for pickup tomorrow. Guess I should start cutting out my newly EZmounted stamps....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-21-2009, 08:08 AM   #5217  
Pearl-ExPert

DM, what is BST? I'm thinking of gettimg some............not as much as that. Jeanene, can I help in any way? Do you need driving assistance or anything? I hope your husband does okay and gets out very soon and back here so he can be treated local. That is VERY scary. Amanda, you have always been a major player in the T & A as you are, after all, the A! My company has left and I am resting. It was a nice visit but too short. Isn't that always the way. Tracy, hope you are doing better my friend. Amanda, keep the appointment with the doc to see what's going on. Cindy, I hope I can make the next trip and willpray for all involved in the accident and all affected by it. Thinking of you all and Jeanene, keep up posted.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-21-2009, 08:19 AM   #5218  
Pearl-ExPert

the Buy/Sell/Trade forums here on SCS.

I have sold a few things and this will be my third purchase although by far the most expensive one heheheh.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-21-2009, 02:52 PM   #5219  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrsjvbView Post
the Buy/Sell/Trade forums here on SCS.

I have sold a few things and this will be my third purchase although by far the most expensive one heheheh.
I have been reading those....just to see if anything hops out...pay thru paypal if you can so you are protected sounds like some ladies got scammed awhile back so never do a money order!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-21-2009, 02:57 PM   #5220  
Pearl-ExPert

yeap I only deal with Papyal buying and selling.. lost out on several buyers because of it but oh well....

she's even going to hold them for me until the 6th so there is no chance of it coming while I am in OH.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-21-2009, 04:30 PM   #5221  
Glitter Guru

We are home! DH was released from the hospital in NC with the proviso that he see a cardiologist ASAP here in MD. He is doing pretty well, but definately taking it easy! Many thanks for your well wishes, prayers and offers of help. Hoping the issue was situational and not a chronic condition, but we will let the doc decide...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-21-2009, 07:25 PM   #5222  
Crimping Master

okay I had a cool deal with ritz but my invoice is screwey so once I iron down what they did LOL I will let you guys know if it is a good deal on copics

Last edited by Emerald77; 06-21-2009 at 07:37 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-21-2009, 07:27 PM   #5223  
Crimping Master

Quote:

We are home! DH was released from the hospital in NC with the proviso that he see a cardiologist ASAP here in MD. He is doing pretty well, but definately taking it easy! Many thanks for your well wishes, prayers and offers of help. Hoping the issue was situational and not a chronic condition, but we will let the doc decide...
Yea! Welcome home and I hope you guys get some good news this week from the doctors!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2009, 03:56 AM   #5224  
Pearl-ExPert

Thumbs up

Good morning Maryland....sunshine.......such a sweet word..........husband home Jeanene, more sweet words. Life has been a little crazy between the weather and everyone being ill and what not! I hope the sun brings a settling and some relaxing vibrations to everyone. I do believe the mold is having a negative affect on all of us. This week will bring some drying and I have finished my first card for the 20th. Looking forward is such a good thing. Hope all are doing well. Jeanene, pm me on when we can get together or email me. Smiling at the big yellow light in the sky, and as with all yellow lights, it's a reminder to slow down.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2009, 03:58 AM   #5225  
Polyshrink Goddess

Morning all. Just catching up. Busy weekend!
Amanda- glad you're starting to feel better.
Tracy- hope you are too.
Jeaneen- OMG-glad you are home, sending prayers and well wishes for hubby!

A warm hello to everyone else. Hope you have a wonderful Monday as far as mondays go. Happy summer and look- the sun!
Michelle
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2009, 04:52 AM   #5226  
Crimping Master

Morning Ladies!!!

Okay Ritz deal sucks....They have the copic sketch "on sale" for 4.87 but where the good deal came in was free ship at 100 and if you spend over 100 and use paypal you get 20 off, so I got them for about 3.70ish, well when I got my email receipt it was completely different, instead of 81 as a total it showed 99 as a total and it showed the copics at 3.98 ea. vs. 4.87. What they did was take my total and take off the 20 dollars which knocked me out of free shipping and then they charged tax which I did not think their site did, anyhoo this led to them being higher so not a great deal.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2009, 05:15 AM   #5227  
Hardware Hotshot

Cindy, I'm must have had a senior moment! I'm so sorry! I pmd a Cindy L letting her know I wouldn't make the amish trip since I was still not feeling well...I received back a pm letting me know I had the wrong Cindy L...senior moment, yet again. So, so sorry!

I do have your Pampered Chef for you so I will get that in the mail for you today.

So sorry again!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2009, 06:55 AM   #5228  
Gallery Gazer

Hey Jeaneen are we still on for Thursday? I think Tracy and I are just going to meet ya'll there. I want to have a car just on the off chance that I need to get home fast (DH has surgery the day before).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2009, 06:56 AM   #5229  
Gallery Gazer

Stacy thanks for dropping off my new rubber!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2009, 06:56 AM   #5230  
Insane Embellisher

Tracy,
I just pm'ed you about yearbooks... ~ Cherie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2009, 06:58 AM   #5231  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by devonsmom98View Post
Tracy,
I just pm'ed you about yearbooks... ~ Cherie
Are you still up for the Scentsy party?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2009, 07:00 AM   #5232  
Insane Embellisher

Absolutely!!! I have been looking at the little brochure and making my list!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2009, 07:00 AM   #5233  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by devonsmom98View Post
Absolutely!!! I have been looking at the little brochure and making my list!!!
Great can't wait to see ya' again!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2009, 07:16 AM   #5234  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Hey Jeaneen are we still on for Thursday? I think Tracy and I are just going to meet ya'll there. I want to have a car just on the off chance that I need to get home fast (DH has surgery the day before).
As far as I know (kinda depends on DH and his visit to Hopkins tomorrow) the trip is still on. It is just mom and I and we can be very flexible, we can leave quickly if need be, if you want to rethink driving separately.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2009, 07:34 AM   #5235  
Polyshrink Goddess

I think DM & I are coming, but we can travel in my car too, if you just want to caravan. I'm also very flexible.

Michelle
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2009, 07:35 AM   #5236  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesillystamperView Post
I think DM & I are coming, but we can travel in my car too, if you just want to caravan. I'm also very flexible.

Michelle
Glad you will be coming! I would love to have company in my van...Any thoughts about when you are planning to leave? I am open to suggestion.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2009, 07:36 AM   #5237  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hmmm...I have a sitter from noon to 3:00 on Thursday...I wonder if I can swing a trip to Hagarstown in that time
Old 06-22-2009, 07:37 AM   #5238  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by MelenaPrincessView Post
Hmmm...I have a sitter from noon to 3:00 on Thursday...I wonder if I can swing a trip to Hagarstown in that time
Probably a bit tight as it takes an hour and half jsut to get there. You need shopping time too! (and lunch...) Sure would be fun to have you join in if you could swing a little more time for the sitter!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2009, 07:38 AM   #5239  
Polyshrink Goddess

Just tell me where to be & when!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2009, 07:46 AM   #5240  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesillystamperView Post
Just tell me where to be & when!
Cool!

Meet me/us at my house in Laurel - my address is in the contacts, either google map it or call for directions or PM me for info. Time - ???
Reply With Quote Likes