Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-13-2009, 03:16 PM   #5041  
Forum Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmGee458View Post
DH & I ran into the rain when we turned off of B & A onto Mountain Road and it poured almost the rest of the way home- until we got home- then the sun came out!!
Oh No!!! I'm so sorry you guys got wet!! We had a couple of sprinkles here and that was it!

Stampin' Up! Demonstrator

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2009, 04:10 PM   #5042  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathi127View Post
Oh No!!! I'm so sorry you guys got wet!! We had a couple of sprinkles here and that was it!
It was no big deal! We felt a couple of drops as we pulled away from your house and then nothing else till we got to Mountain Road...it's not like it was a gully-washer or anything! At least my RIBBON didn't get wet!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2009, 03:38 AM   #5043  
Pearl-ExPert

yes keeping ribbon dry is important.

anyone with wild plans today? I had planned on mowing again but since it rained all night I may not get a chance to at all, especially if it does the same thing today.. rains in the evening.

How did the flea market go, Tracy and Amanda? are ya rolling in the dough now?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2009, 04:05 AM   #5044  
Watercolor Wizard

Good morning! The sun is shinging and the birds are singing...and I am SO sore today from our long ride yesterday!! And my face and the top of my hands are sunburned. I put sunscreen on my face but that didn't seem to help...but I forgot about the top of my hands...ouch! Kathi, how are YOU feeling???

Not too many posts yesterday- guess everyone was out enjoying their Saturday. Have a good day!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2009, 05:16 AM   #5045  
Stazon Splitcoast

The sun is shining and the sea air smells wonderful Greetings from VA Beach!!!

I am getting together today with two of the other Friday Fun girls that live in the area! I am sooo excited. They are even taking me to a scrapbooking store!

Mary~Glad your dad is home. Parents shouldn't be allowed to get sick.

Kathi and Mary~ Glad you had fun at the ribbon outlet...how did you two get away with so little ribbon? I wanted it ALL. Fortunately, I had a few friends who let me shop and pick out ribbon for them so I got to buy even more

Enjoy your day everyone!!!
Old 06-14-2009, 05:50 AM   #5046  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by MelenaPrincessView Post

I am getting together today with two of the other Friday Fun girls that live in the area! I am sooo excited. They are even taking me to a scrapbooking store!

Kathi and Mary~ Glad you had fun at the ribbon outlet...how did you two get away with so little ribbon? I wanted it ALL. Fortunately, I had a few friends who let me shop and pick out ribbon for them so I got to buy even more

Ahh, the beach- wish I were there!!!

I was trying not to buy too much ribbon since storage is an issue for me...I did get quite a lot, though, and just posted pictures of what I did get on my blog. What I got will keep my busy and happy for a while! There was definitely LOTS more there that I would have LOVED to have gotten...but I restrained myself!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2009, 07:18 AM   #5047  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Amanda- I received the Scentsy catalog in the mail today- I'll get my order and check out to you this week. Am I reading right that if it's a party order there is no shipping charge?
Yep as long as the order ships to the hostest it's free shipping! Thanks Again for your order!

Glad you had fun on your ribbon run! It's more fun the more you go!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2009, 07:21 AM   #5048  
Gallery Gazer

Yes the flea market went great. We unloaded lots of stuff. It was a little warm but other than that we had fun like we always do!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2009, 08:17 AM   #5049  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Good morning! The sun is shinging and the birds are singing...and I am SO sore today from our long ride yesterday!! And my face and the top of my hands are sunburned. I put sunscreen on my face but that didn't seem to help...but I forgot about the top of my hands...ouch! Kathi, how are YOU feeling???

Not too many posts yesterday- guess everyone was out enjoying their Saturday. Have a good day!
Yes, it is another beautiful day, maybe a little warm but NO rain!! Let's hope it stays that way! I'm a little sore today, not as bad as I thought I would be which really surprised me because I forgot how much you use your arm and leg muscles with riding! I thought I was going to be really sunburned because I was turning pink on my arms and chest last night but it's already turning brown. Now I'll probably peel ! Yuck!! And my hands have a little brown oval where the cut-out of my gloves were and little brown spots where the circles are cut out on my knuckes! lol

I'm ready for another ride today! Definitely not as long but I wouldn't mind getting out to practice those right hand turns! I forgot how hard they are for me, don't know why cause left hand turns are fine! I'm sure it's all in my head! Dean went racing so he's not here to get the bike out for me and I'm not sure I should attempt it myself with the angle it's got to come out on so I'll probably just stay in and stamp! Thanks again Mary and Wayne for including me on your ribbon run, I truly enjoyed every moment!!!

Hope everyone is having a fantastic Sunday!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2009, 08:22 AM   #5050  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by MelenaPrincessView Post

Wow, sounds wonderful, I sure wouldn't mind being at the beach, it's a gorgeous day for it! Have fun with your stamping friends and enjoy your vacation! And I forgot to tell you earlier, I love your new haircut!!!

I think my biggest reason for not buying a ton of ribbon was budgetary!!! I've ordered a bunch of stuff from SU this month to meet my minimums so the pocketbook was a little emptier yesterday! But there's always another trip up there later on and who knows then what I might buy!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2009, 08:24 AM   #5051  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Yes, it is another beautiful day, maybe a little warm but NO rain!! Let's hope it stays that way! I'm a little sore today, not as bad as I thought I would be which really surprised me because I forgot how much you use your arm and leg muscles with riding! I thought I was going to be really sunburned because I was turning pink on my arms and chest last night but it's already turning brown. Now I'll probably peel ! Yuck!! And my hands have a little brown oval where the cut-out of my gloves were and little brown spots where the circles are cut out on my knuckes! lol

I'm ready for another ride today! Definitely not as long but I wouldn't mind getting out to practice those right hand turns! I forgot how hard they are for me, don't know why cause left hand turns are fine! I'm sure it's all in my head! Dean went racing so he's not here to get the bike out for me and I'm not sure I should attempt it myself with the angle it's got to come out on so I'll probably just stay in and stamp! Thanks again Mary and Wayne for including me on your ribbon run, I truly enjoyed every moment!!!

Once I got up and started moving around I'm not quite as sore as I was when I first got up! I never turn pink and then brown...I burn and then I'm back to white as white again...Wayne looks like a chocolate bunny after only a couple days in the sun! I'm SO glad that we FINALLY got out to ride together! Hopefully it won't be as long till the next time!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2009, 08:24 AM   #5052  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmandaWView Post
Yes the flea market went great. We unloaded lots of stuff. It was a little warm but other than that we had fun like we always do!
Oh good, glad you got rid of lots of things, now you have more to spend next Saturday at the Amish stores!!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2009, 08:25 AM   #5053  
Watercolor Wizard

[QUOTE=Kathi127;14364955]Wow, sounds wonderful, I sure wouldn't mind being at the beach, it's a gorgeous day for it! Have fun with your stamping friends and enjoy your vacation! And I forgot to tell you earlier, I love your new haircut!!!

I think my biggest reason for not buying a ton of ribbon was budgetary!!! I've ordered a bunch of stuff from SU this month to meet my minimums so the pocketbook was a little emptier yesterday! But there's always another trip up there later on and who knows then what I might buy![/QUOTE]

The one good thing about the ribbon outlet is that each time you go it'll be different!!! There will DEFINITELY be another trip up there for me!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2009, 08:26 AM   #5054  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Once I got up and started moving around I'm not quite as sore as I was when I first got up! I never turn pink and then brown...I burn and then I'm back to white as white again...Wayne looks like a chocolate bunny after only a couple days in the sun! I'm SO glad that we FINALLY got out to ride together! Hopefully it won't be as long till the next time!
Me too!!! I am definitely looking forward to riding with you guys again!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2009, 08:29 AM   #5055  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmGee458
The one good thing about the ribbon outlet is that each time you go it'll be different!!! There will DEFINITELY be another trip up there for me!
That's what I figure, there will always be new and different stuff each time! We'll have to make another run later in the summer!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2009, 08:38 AM   #5056  
Watercolor Wizard

Question for Amanda or Stacy- on the orders for Amanda's Scentsy party- who should I make my check out to?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2009, 10:15 AM   #5057  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Question for Amanda or Stacy- on the orders for Amanda's Scentsy party- who should I make my check out to?
I guess Stacy that's who I'm making my check out to.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2009, 10:16 AM   #5058  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Sounds like some COOL tan lines! LOL Glad you had fun!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2009, 10:17 AM   #5059  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

I guess Stacy that's who I'm making my check out to.
Thanks, Amanda. It'll be out in tomorrow's mail!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2009, 10:18 AM   #5060  
Gallery Gazer

DH is making copic storage boxes as I type. I can't wait hope at least mine is done today.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2009, 10:27 AM   #5061  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

DH is making copic storage boxes as I type. I can't wait hope at least mine is done today.
Ooh, make sure to take a picture when he's done! I'm trying to figure out what I want to use to store mine!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2009, 11:00 AM   #5062  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Ooh, make sure to take a picture when he's done! I'm trying to figure out what I want to use to store mine!
Just emailed you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2009, 11:20 AM   #5063  
Crimping Master

Hi everyone. What a beautiful day!

Ok copics lovers I just got this email from Queen's Ink - all 12 of the new colors for the price of 10 if you pre-order them with a $20 deposit. It doesn't give the total price though so I guess you have to call the store to find out. What do you think? Here's the link

Copics

The best things in life are the people we love, the places we've been and the memories we've made along the way - unknown

SCS Gallery

Check out my blog!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2009, 11:25 AM   #5064  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by heyheypaulaView Post
Hi everyone. What a beautiful day!

Ok copics lovers I just got this email from Queen's Ink - all 12 of the new colors for the price of 10 if you pre-order them with a $20 deposit. It doesn't give the total price though so I guess you have to call the store to find out. What do you think? Here's the link

Copics
I just PM'ed you a link. I think they have by far the best buy on copics.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2009, 03:31 PM   #5065  
Gallery Gazer

Updated my blog with pics of my new COPIC BOX! Yeah it's done!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2009, 08:04 PM   #5066  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Updated my blog with pics of my new COPIC BOX! Yeah it's done!
Very nice. My hubby is pretty handy. Maybe I can get him to build me something similar, although I bought a Copic wallet here on SCS BST forum. It's handy to take with me and it folds up to make a stand when I'm using them. The drawback is that it only holds 24 markers. I guess I'll have to buy another one if I decide to stay with this storage system. Here's a pic

Copic wallet

The best things in life are the people we love, the places we've been and the memories we've made along the way - unknown

SCS Gallery

Check out my blog!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2009, 03:09 AM   #5067  
Watercolor Wizard

Good morning- it's back to work today- but only for 4 days then I'll be off for 10 days! Woo Hoo!! I'm sure looking forward to my time off! During the summer I schedule my time off every-other-week

Hope you all have a great day!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2009, 04:05 AM   #5068  
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning girls! Grabbing some breakfast before I tackle the lawn. Want to get it cut before it gets too warm.

Are some of us still on for this Saturday in Amish Country? Sure hope so. Barbara got in her new order of Primas.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2009, 05:09 AM   #5069  
Crimping Master

Morning everyone!!! Sister in Law is back in Florida and I have my house back again!!

Ribbon outlet sounded like fun!!! We went on the bike yesterday and it was beautiful out! I finally ordered me a jacket though so I can stop wearing his PT jackets (reflective). I am jealous of yall's trip to cracker barrell I love their sweet tea and dumplings mmmmmm.

Well I got my riley's in and if you have not ordered any yet they come plain rubber so now I am on the hunt for some ez mount!!!

Scentsy - Yep shipping is free for everyone that orders from a show and has it shipped to the host - otherwise it is a flat 10% and the check to me is perfect.

Amanda - I LOVE your copic box!!!! I need to see how much moolah I have left over from sister in law's visit to see if I can get one this month! although I am afraid it would make my few copics look pitiful LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2009, 05:09 AM   #5070  
Gallery Gazer

Yep we are still on. I think it's Tracy, Kathi, and I. I wish we could get some of these other Ladies to join us!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2009, 05:14 AM   #5071  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emerald77View Post
Morning everyone!!! Sister in Law is back in Florida and I have my house back again!!

Ribbon outlet sounded like fun!!! We went on the bike yesterday and it was beautiful out! I finally ordered me a jacket though so I can stop wearing his PT jackets (reflective). I am jealous of yall's trip to cracker barrell I love their sweet tea and dumplings mmmmmm.

Well I got my riley's in and if you have not ordered any yet they come plain rubber so now I am on the hunt for some ez mount!!!

Scentsy - Yep shipping is free for everyone that orders from a show and has it shipped to the host - otherwise it is a flat 10% and the check to me is perfect.

Amanda - I LOVE your copic box!!!! I need to see how much moolah I have left over from sister in law's visit to see if I can get one this month! although I am afraid it would make my few copics look pitiful LOL
Makes mine look pitiful to but I won't outgrow this storage that's always a huge bonus.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2009, 06:29 AM   #5072  
Crimping Master

Good morning. Looks like a nice day so far. My granddaughters are here at Nana Day Camp so my free and easy days are over for awhile! It's off to the library today and maybe we'll craft. Gotta make Father's Day cards with them this week.

Mary, are you getting excited about your cruise? Do you leave Friday? When you get back we'll have to meet for a Frosty so you can tell me all about it, especially your excursions so I'll know what to book in Sept.

Have a nice day everyone.

SCS Gallery

Check out my blog!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2009, 06:53 AM   #5073  
Pearl-ExPert

anybody want a coupon for 15-20% off Kohls?

My sister got her latest Friends and family discount code to share.

good 18-21 June only....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2009, 07:22 AM   #5074  
Hardware Hotshot

Afternoon Ladies,

House full of coughing kiddos...grrrr!

I just checked my SU orders and my catty product preorder is to be delivered today. We all know UPS, so if should be here after 6pm sometime. You local ladies I will let you know when it gets here for anyone that wants to see what's new.lol

I'm so looking forward to Amish trip...will be nice just to get away from these sickies.lol Better go get a bath so I can get some earns done. Need to pick up more drugs for these kids, they have used all the cough medicine.lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2009, 08:05 AM   #5075  
Glitter Guru

Greetings from the Outer Banks! My daughters, their three friends and I went to water aerobics this morning. They are now off to the beach and I ran into the rec center to check email etc. This afternoon, I will be working on Mary's invites (this is goinna take a looong time I am afraid!) and I have some images to color. Later I will head out to the beach (I don't 'do' sun except early in the morning or later in the afternoon). Have fun in MD...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2009, 11:17 AM   #5076  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by heyheypaulaView Post
Good morning. Looks like a nice day so far. My granddaughters are here at Nana Day Camp so my free and easy days are over for awhile! It's off to the library today and maybe we'll craft. Gotta make Father's Day cards with them this week.

Mary, are you getting excited about your cruise? Do you leave Friday? When you get back we'll have to meet for a Frosty so you can tell me all about it, especially your excursions so I'll know what to book in Sept.

Have a nice day everyone.
I'll give you a call once we're back! I'm nervous but excited! So far we've only signed up for one excursion to the Salem Witch Museum. The others I wanted to wait and see what the weather is before I committ!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2009, 11:18 AM   #5077  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by tracyltrippView Post
Afternoon Ladies,

I just checked my SU orders and my catty product preorder is to be delivered today. We all know UPS, so if should be here after 6pm sometime. You local ladies I will let you know when it gets here for anyone that wants to see what's new.lol

I'm so looking forward to Amish trip...will be nice just to get away from these sickies.lol Better go get a bath so I can get some earns done. Need to pick up more drugs for these kids, they have used all the cough medicine.lol
Hope you stay healthy, Tracy! You wouldn't want to miss the Amish Stamp Store Tour! I want to hear all the details about the trip!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2009, 11:20 AM   #5078  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emerald77View Post

The Cracker Barrel is less than 3 miles from the Ribbon Outlet!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2009, 12:25 PM   #5079  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by tracyltrippView Post
Afternoon Ladies,

Sorry to hear the kiddos are sick. Sure hope you don't get it. You had your share of germs that wouldn't leave ya a bit ago. I know you don't want that crap again.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2009, 12:27 PM   #5080  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hope the girls at the different beaches are having fun.

Reply With Quote Likes