Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-31-2009, 10:17 AM   #4561  
Forum Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by tracyltrippView Post
Ladies as always you made my day yesterday! Love you guys.

On June 20th we are still going to the Amish Stamp Stores and so far we have Amanda and Kathi in the van since Jane won't be able to make it.

So if you are wanting we still have room in the van. We will be meeting at my house at 6am to meet up with Cindy. If you aren't a morning person you can always sleep on the sofa bed friday night so you can just roll out, brush your teeth and come along. Michelle you know you would have fun! I plan on packing snacks and drinks so we don't have to spend lots of money on eating on the way up.lol
I'll bring some goodies for us to snack on too! C'mon ladies, it's gonna be a really FUN day!!!

Stampin' Up! Demonstrator

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-31-2009, 10:20 AM   #4562  
Gallery Gazer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathi127View Post
I'll bring some goodies for us to snack on too! C'mon ladies, it's gonna be a really FUN day!!!
I don't think they like us.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-31-2009, 10:20 AM   #4563  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrsjvbView Post
Let me tell y'all about my ooohhh so wonderful night....

first: YAY! Pushing Daisies is back on to air it's final three episodes and may in fact be UNcanceled!!!!!

and that..is the extent opf my happiness...

so bed at 1100. at 1130.. guess what happens.. the smoke detectpor decides it is low on battery power. Is there some law of Murphy that dictates that these sort of things can ONLY be low on power in the middle of the damn night?!

Now,. MOST smoke detectors have a nice quiet 'chirp' as an indicator. annoying, but tolerable. is mine?! NOOOOOOOO. Lucky me gets a ten second long HIGH pitch EAR SPLITTING heart attacking inducing full on shriek. that repeats every.ninety.minutes.

takes me til 2 am to figure out which one it is..whose bright idea is to put all of them in the same damn 3 square feet of ceiling and have them all have the same damn indicator lights anyway?

Now I do NOT do ladders. step stools make me nervous. it's also in the garage and weighs like ten pounds. so yes I get to haul a stepstool that I don't particularly feel confident on at 2 am all the way up three flights of stairs. on the way I Grab a 9V battery thinking I might as well actually do what is recommended instead of disconnect it..

being short ish, and unable to lift my arms ABOVE shoulder height it was of course a major hassle getting the stupid thing unhooked.

does it take 9 V batteries?! Funny you should ask that. NO. It DOESN'T. it takes short stubby 3 v batteries.. I have never seen such a thing( and when I told John about it this morning he had never heard of 'em either).

But does my successfulness make me happy? of course not. I am still overdosing on adrenaline and it is 4 am before I say screw it and take Tylenol PM.

so of course today I am grumpy,headachey and really peeved at Squidward for being deployed AGAIN when the smoke detector needs maintenance.

absolutely HAVE to mow the lawn today too. luckily the NDN that share my postage stamp sized front lawn is a peach..we trade off moving the whole thing at once and he did it this morning not five minutes before i was set to go do it myself. all he has is a manual push mower, so I took the electric one and did both our backs.

Now I am hot sticky sweaty and hungry.. haven't eaten yet. and I have all those father's day cards to finsih up today.

I am sooo going CAS and mass producing.. same layout on all three images....

btw.. 90 days and counting....
Oh you poor thing! When it rains, it pours!!!!! I've never heard of a 3V battery either!

Hope you are able to relax and chill out for the rest of the day!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-31-2009, 10:22 AM   #4564  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmandaWView Post
I don't think they like us.
Sure they do!!! What's not to like about us, we're always laughing, eating and shopping! Every woman's dream! (well... besides you know what)

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-31-2009, 10:25 AM   #4565  
Gallery Gazer

Anyone up for a Scentsy party? I'm loving it. It is going to make me fatter if I don't get some non-food smells..... I'm kinda thinking I need to have a smell good party.

I also kinda think someone needs to host a passion party so DM can "cope" with the next 90 days! lol Come on it would be fun. Jane would be lots of fun at one of those parties! She always shocks me with some of her fresh comments.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-31-2009, 10:28 AM   #4566  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

DM did you get it fixed?

if by 'fixed' you mean the guts are in a heap on my dresser and the other detector hanging by the wires from the ceiling.. then yes.

I have never seen those 3 V batteries before so have no idea where to get new ones anyway.
and ain't no way in HELL will I attempt to put it back up even if I DO get new batteries.

I'll just bring the fire extinguisher in from the garage and leave it by my bed. the kitchen one can stay put....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-31-2009, 10:31 AM   #4567  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Anyone up for a Scentsy party? I'm loving it. It is going to make me fatter if I don't get some non-food smells..... I'm kinda thinking I need to have a smell good party.

I also kinda think someone needs to host a passion party so DM can "cope" with the next 90 days! lol Come on it would be fun. Jane would be lots of fun at one of those parties! She always shocks me with some of her fresh comments.
I would definitely come to a Scentsy party! Their products are so nice and I just love what Stacy gave you yesterday!

Oh yeah, Jane would be lots of fun at a passion party! She definitely shocked me yesterday, she was on roll!!!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-31-2009, 10:31 AM   #4568  
Gallery Gazer

Lots of the boys cars take 3v quess that's why I know what they are.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-31-2009, 10:32 AM   #4569  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

hheeh Stacy and I were discussing me having one too.. but ff you wanna that's cool too. I am LOVING Tuscan Garden. I put that in my new grapevine warmer last night . it is soooo nice.. kinda spicy and not too frou-frou-y...

I have to do some looking but there is a home based Lingerie company that does parties too.. not all slutty stuff either... I went to one ages ago and got some REALLY nice things...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-31-2009, 10:33 AM   #4570  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

I would definitely come to a Scentsy party! Their products are so nice and I just love what Stacy gave you yesterday!

Oh yeah, Jane would be lots of fun at a passion party! She definitely shocked me yesterday, she was on roll!!!!
It's on SALE this month! I'm thinking of getting another for my Mom and putting it up until Christmas.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-31-2009, 10:35 AM   #4571  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

hheeh Stacy and I were discussing me having one too.. but ff you wanna that's cool too. I am LOVING Tuscan Garden. I put that in my new grapevine warmer last night . it is soooo nice.. kinda spicy and not too frou-frou-y...

I have to do some looking but there is a home based Lingerie company that does parties too.. not all slutty stuff either... I went to one ages ago and got some REALLY nice things...
I do like the grapevine warmer. Very pretty! Stacy is going to bring the sample smells by so I can have a sniff before picking out my sents.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-31-2009, 11:17 AM   #4572  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

You know me, I'll come as long as it's at a good time and if not, then I'll order.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-31-2009, 03:22 PM   #4573  
Stazon Splitcoast

I am loving my scentsey as well!!!! I will come to a party or at least order!!!
Old 05-31-2009, 04:25 PM   #4574  
Glitter Guru

Offray Ribbon Outlet here we come...

The day is Thursday, June 25. We will leave from Jeaneen's, time TBD (suggestions, welcomed!) We will shop and have lunch before returning home. Respond here or via PM to reserve a seat in the van...

Looking forward to another fun day...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-31-2009, 05:14 PM   #4575  
Pearl-ExPert

Hi everyone;

Just saying hi from here in Laurel.

I just ordered the new cricut expressons machine (bundle deal) from Amazon. I was wondering if any of you local girls would like the origional cricut machine (complete with a couple sets of cutting mats and one set of new blades). I would like to get $75.00 for it, no cartridges. I'm pretty sure I have the manual as well, but will have to dig that out.

Also, I have a bunch of stuff to share (free) that you can alter, cigar boxes, tins, sewing kits, epoxy stickers etc. If you are interested just PM me and we'll set up a time for you to come help me clean out my goodies.

Have a great night!

Last edited by ms.rhetta; 06-01-2009 at 06:03 AM.. Reason: I meant circut machine, not sizzix my bad!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-31-2009, 05:57 PM   #4576  
Crimping Master

Quote:

there are pictures. Hopefully we won't have to wait a month before they get posted this time.. heheheh
oooh thats just wrong
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-31-2009, 06:04 PM   #4577  
Crimping Master

Quote:

I love my grapevine warmer! I think it was made for my kitchen!

I would be game to do a party here but I have one nosy nana and 2 girls that think they are spies in training or World of Warcraft characters (dont ask - what I get for marrying a computer geek) so lord knows I dont need them peeking in on a passion party LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-31-2009, 06:06 PM   #4578  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by jtaxView Post

The day is Thursday, June 25. We will leave from Jeaneen's, time TBD (suggestions, welcomed!) We will shop and have lunch before returning home. Respond here or via PM to reserve a seat in the van...

It is so tempting to take a sick day to go LOL that will be 3 trips to the outlet I have missed out on!!! Oh well when I do finally make it - it will make it that much sweeter =0) (maybe by then I will have a spot to store some ribbon in!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-31-2009, 06:10 PM   #4579  
Crimping Master

okay caught up and can I say holy cow! I miss 2 days and it is 3 pages to catch up on!!!

I had a complete blast Saturday! It was great seeing everyone and I dont think I have laughed that hard in awhile! Thanks for having us over Amanda!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-31-2009, 06:39 PM   #4580  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Let me tell y'all about my ooohhh so wonderful night....

first: YAY! Pushing Daisies is back on to air it's final three episodes and may in fact be UNcanceled!!!!!

and that..is the extent opf my happiness...

so bed at 1100. at 1130.. guess what happens.. the smoke detectpor decides it is low on battery power. Is there some law of Murphy that dictates that these sort of things can ONLY be low on power in the middle of the damn night?!

Now,. MOST smoke detectors have a nice quiet 'chirp' as an indicator. annoying, but tolerable. is mine?! NOOOOOOOO. Lucky me gets a ten second long HIGH pitch EAR SPLITTING heart attacking inducing full on shriek. that repeats every.ninety.minutes.

takes me til 2 am to figure out which one it is..whose bright idea is to put all of them in the same damn 3 square feet of ceiling and have them all have the same damn indicator lights anyway?

Now I do NOT do ladders. step stools make me nervous. it's also in the garage and weighs like ten pounds. so yes I get to haul a stepstool that I don't particularly feel confident on at 2 am all the way up three flights of stairs. on the way I Grab a 9V battery thinking I might as well actually do what is recommended instead of disconnect it..

being short ish, and unable to lift my arms ABOVE shoulder height it was of course a major hassle getting the stupid thing unhooked.

does it take 9 V batteries?! Funny you should ask that. NO. It DOESN'T. it takes short stubby 3 v batteries.. I have never seen such a thing( and when I told John about it this morning he had never heard of 'em either).

But does my successfulness make me happy? of course not. I am still overdosing on adrenaline and it is 4 am before I say screw it and take Tylenol PM.

so of course today I am grumpy,headachey and really peeved at Squidward for being deployed AGAIN when the smoke detector needs maintenance.

absolutely HAVE to mow the lawn today too. luckily the NDN that share my postage stamp sized front lawn is a peach..we trade off moving the whole thing at once and he did it this morning not five minutes before i was set to go do it myself. all he has is a manual push mower, so I took the electric one and did both our backs.

Now I am hot sticky sweaty and hungry.. haven't eaten yet. and I have all those father's day cards to finsih up today.

I am sooo going CAS and mass producing.. same layout on all three images....

btw.. 90 days and counting....

Those 3v batteries are usually used in cameras- I've never seen them in smoke detectors! They probably run about $15 for a 2/pk. Rite Aid might even carry them in their photo section.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-31-2009, 06:53 PM   #4581  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Oh, dear- I just checked out Stacy's Scenty site...there are SO many scents to chose from!!! If I can't make the party, I'll definitely order!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2009, 03:28 AM   #4582  
Watercolor Wizard

How did it get to be Monday again...???
Hope you all have a great day!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2009, 03:38 AM   #4583  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by jtaxView Post

Sounds good, I can always have a van load from Meade as well to car pool over.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2009, 03:40 AM   #4584  
Hardware Hotshot

Morning Ladies,

Hope you all had a great weekend! Have lots to get done today.

Mary will drop off your SU order today for you, glad you are feeling better.

Stacy have the movie for you and will drop it off today while out as well.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2009, 04:19 AM   #4585  
Gallery Gazer

Good Morning!

How would the 27th be for everyone I know that's Fathers day weekend? Stacy has family in this month so it's kinda booked up for her but I want to order this month I like the Liberty warmer and it's on special!

Jeaneen save me a spot in the van. I don't need more ribbon but I'll go just for fun!

DH made plans yesterday w/o talking to me about it.....for a week at Disney. So no more shopping for me I'm going to have to save at least 200 a payday and then I'm still going to have to take money from the savings and I really don't want to do that. Jerk this takes all of my play money. Doesn't he know I like stamps much much more than Mickey Mouse. Grrrr
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2009, 04:27 AM   #4586  
Pearl-ExPert

I really didn't mean to "shock" anyone! I am just getting caught up. First, Amanda, wonderful hostess, great time, cute hubby and great new place! I have stamp room envy and organizational envy. Please plan on coming to my house soon so I can find things.......Tracy, you keep me in stitches and bring out the bad in me...I think that is why I "shocked" folks! Janine, Michelle, Stacy, Rose......so great to meet you and put SCS tags with faces. Still sorting everyone out. Kathi, so good to see you, as always! I had absolutely the most fun. Food fantastic....people and laughter beyond words. It was a great party and you'all know how to party. The cards were amazing and I got some fun new ideas. I have to say, meeting you, knowing you and getting to spend time with you all, really makes me happy. I haven't stopped smiling. All I need to do is think about something that happened or was said and I start laughing! DM, I am so sorry for yoru tribulations. I can't imagine going through that constant beeping. I hope you manage to get it straightened out. Janine and Rose, neighbors and former neighbors.....why didn't I meet you earlier? We could have been stamping for ever! You all bring me laughter and friendship and make me feel happy! Thanks so much. And again, Amanda? You are one amazing young lady. I am so sorry about not being able to make it to Amish Country. Life is definitely what happens while making plans.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2009, 05:13 AM   #4587  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

If it's just the 4 of us, I can drive my SUV if you want. That way, I don't have to tell Tracy where to go. LOL

Snacks and drinks are good. I'll throw a few things in too. There are plenty of good places up there for lunch too. Quarryville Family Restaurant is cheap and has delicious food. And they serve breakfast all day. Figured we'd do most of the shopping first and then maybe eat before heading home??

I'm looking forward to it. You guys are gonna love the stores.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2009, 05:17 AM   #4588  
Stazon Splitcoast

Jane, sorry you can't make it on the 20th. I'll miss ya!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2009, 05:23 AM   #4589  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Good Morning!

How would the 27th be for everyone I know that's Fathers day weekend? Stacy has family in this month so it's kinda booked up for her but I want to order this month I like the Liberty warmer and it's on special!

Jeaneen save me a spot in the van. I don't need more ribbon but I'll go just for fun!

DH made plans yesterday w/o talking to me about it.....for a week at Disney. So no more shopping for me I'm going to have to save at least 200 a payday and then I'm still going to have to take money from the savings and I really don't want to do that. Jerk this takes all of my play money. Doesn't he know I like stamps much much more than Mickey Mouse. Grrrr

Father's Day is the weekend of the 20th.

Stamps more than Mickey I mean we all love our stamps, but I didn't know there was anything better then Mickey.
Old 06-01-2009, 05:25 AM   #4590  
Crimping Master

I am definitely considering the trip on the 20th...I may have to bring the baby though as she is not on formula yet - would it be too much of a hassle in the stores?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2009, 05:26 AM   #4591  
Crimping Master

ah crap never mind - I just saw Kimme's post I am probably now out for the 20th if that is fathers day weekend...probably be wrong to take a trip for me on "his weekend" LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2009, 05:27 AM   #4592  
Crimping Master

dont forget amanda disney sells scrap stuff too LOL Of course most of it is highly overpriced but still fun to browse =0)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2009, 05:30 AM   #4593  
Crimping Master

Yeah my month is busy at the beginning...I am free this saturday after 3ish (soccer luncheon) and then next week my sister in law brings her family up and then other than fathers day apparently I am free woohoooo!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2009, 06:09 AM   #4594  
Pearl-ExPert

either the 20th or 27th is good for me for a scentsy party. I figure I can book one for September when the new catty comes out off of yours, Amanda. of course it will have to be the first half of September as the back half we'll be doing the Disney thing ourselves.

Amanda, when are you going? staying at Shades of Green or one of the on site resorts? I know the values can be cheaper than SoG at times esp if you get one of the dining packages.

I'd be game for a ribbon trip the 25th if somebody is willing to come get me on the way outta town....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2009, 06:12 AM   #4595  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by MelenaPrincessView Post

Father's Day is the weekend of the 20th.

Stamps more than Mickey I mean we all love our stamps, but I didn't know there was anything better then Mickey.
OMG your right I have a misprinted calendar! How funny is that guess that's what I get for shopping at the dollar tree.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2009, 06:36 AM   #4596  
Gallery Gazer

Hello Ladies

I just got off the phone with Stacy I'm going to have a Scentsy party on Saturday the 27th @1pm. Hope all of you can make it! I know we have lots going on this month but whats one more thing. Please PM me to RSVP.

Thanks Ladies
Amanda
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2009, 06:40 AM   #4597  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

either the 20th or 27th is good for me for a scentsy party. I figure I can book one for September when the new catty comes out off of yours, Amanda. of course it will have to be the first half of September as the back half we'll be doing the Disney thing ourselves.

Amanda, when are you going? staying at Shades of Green or one of the on site resorts? I know the values can be cheaper than SoG at times esp if you get one of the dining packages.

I'd be game for a ribbon trip the 25th if somebody is willing to come get me on the way outta town....
Well I don't really want to go. It's a little to last min for me. They are wanting to go in Oct. That doesn't give me much time to save for the trip and 5 days of Disney is big bucks. So I don't know...... If we go we are staying at SOG it's a much better deal.

I'll come to your party in Sept I'm hoping they will have a new apple warmer for my kitchen.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2009, 07:22 AM   #4598  
Pearl-ExPert

not with the special/ Keith gets in free with a 5 day park hopper and Water Fun parks/Disney Quest.

you and the boys will get 5 day basic tickets for $99 bucks each.. add $25 ea. for park hopppers or water parks & DQ. although you may want to see if the kid prices are cheaper for the boys just by going to SoG and buying 'em there.

we don't do hopping or the water parks and DQ is a giant arcade.. so all we are forking out for the two of us is $99. well we'll be there during Food and Wine Festival so we'll be spending a lot on samples at Epcot....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2009, 07:28 AM   #4599  
Crimping Master

Quote:

not with the special/ Keith gets in free with a 5 day park hopper and Water Fun parks/Disney Quest.

you and the boys will get 5 day basic tickets for $99 bucks each.. add $25 ea. for park hopppers or water parks & DQ. although you may want to see if the kid prices are cheaper for the boys just by going to SoG and buying 'em there.

we don't do hopping or the water parks and DQ is a giant arcade.. so all we are forking out for the two of us is $99. well we'll be there during Food and Wine Festival so we'll be spending a lot on samples at Epcot....
Thats funny dan and I love Disney Quest LOL we used to go there before Autumn hahahaha and the cheesecake factory is inside mmmm! Your boys would probably have a blast there. We found SOG to be the cheapest for us for rooms..other than staying with fam and driving the 30 minutes to disney (we are lazy and enjoyed the shuttles at the resort and the perk of getting in early) Tickets wont be cheaper 99 for a 5 day park hopper is a Steal a major steal. We get florida discount tickets which are usually the best you can get and they are beat by this military price.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2009, 07:35 AM   #4600  
Pearl-ExPert

$99/ticket would be 5 day no hopper.

adding Hopper option is $124

adding DQ on top of that is $149( or you can add just DQ and not park hopping).

SOMETIMES a room at Pop century or the AllStar resorts can be cheaper than SoG depending on what you need, but since SoG is a Deluxe for a Value price.. it's worth having the larger rooms plus Queen size beds.

we pay the most expensive rate now and it's still waayyyyyy cheaper than anything but a Value . but dammit I do wanna stay at Poly or Animal Kingdom someday....I just can't fathom paying $300 a night though!
Reply With Quote Likes