Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-27-2009, 03:31 PM   #4441  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrsjvbView Post
I am alive. I am depressed and grumpy, but I am alive. for some odd reason this week just hasn't been a good one for me.. maybe because we are post the half way mark and only about 90-ish days left. I dunno.

I think I really need some company and just to get out, and I am desperately needing Saturday to get here soonest.

Michelle/Sillystamper has offered to pick me up and I am taking her up on it just to give Mary a break for a change as she seems to be my other chauffeur after poor Tracy who is always schlepping me around.

that being said.. I notice that we have an awful lot of starches what with both pasta and macaroni salad, so would you prefer Cole slaw or apple bites instead> I couldn't get the hashbrowns needed for the cheesy taters and honestly can't get the energy to walk the mile to the grocery store. good thing I actually finished the card last week. otherwise I'd have nothing done.

Anywho, If I am less perky than usual, it's nothing personal.
If you need me to get you on Saturday- just let me know!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-27-2009, 03:57 PM   #4442  
Mad Swapper

Congratulations Amanda. When I get home I'll try to find a copy of the mag so I can see your card.

It's been a nice day at the beach, cool but sunny. Too bad I've spent most of the day cleaning. We're having the carpets cleaned tomorrow and we'll be done. The plus side is that everything will be ready for summer. Hurry up summer!

The best things in life are the people we love, the places we've been and the memories we've made along the way - unknown

SCS Gallery

Check out my blog!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-27-2009, 05:24 PM   #4443  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by jtaxView Post
Ladies, I have a confession -- this morning hubby said that ds was begging for some clothes and he also knew I wanted to get ribbon, so on the spur of the moment, we took off for the outlet. No time to make plans or make calls - sorry!

I think I have you beat with a spool of ribbon I bought! I was looking to buy 50-70 yards of metallic gold for dd's dinner invites and could only find one spool in the whole place. The thing is, this spool was about 1500 yards! We will now be using gold ribbon on a lot more than the invites! Anyone need some??? They had very few of the 35 cent baggies, but loads of $1 bags (grocery store sized bags full of the same ribbon - no idea how many yards in each bag!). I have some sorting to be doing as well as cutting the gold... I think I need a nap!
LOL! I'm eating at the bit to go back....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-27-2009, 05:27 PM   #4444  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

I am alive. I am depressed and grumpy, but I am alive. for some odd reason this week just hasn't been a good one for me.. maybe because we are post the half way mark and only about 90-ish days left. I dunno.

I think I really need some company and just to get out, and I am desperately needing Saturday to get here soonest.

Michelle/Sillystamper has offered to pick me up and I am taking her up on it just to give Mary a break for a change as she seems to be my other chauffeur after poor Tracy who is always schlepping me around.

that being said.. I notice that we have an awful lot of starches what with both pasta and macaroni salad, so would you prefer Cole slaw or apple bites instead> I couldn't get the hashbrowns needed for the cheesy taters and honestly can't get the energy to walk the mile to the grocery store. good thing I actually finished the card last week. otherwise I'd have nothing done.

Ah, suck it up and put on the big girl panties.:p Just kidding...we're here for you. Even though I would so give up some ribbon for some quite time with no one around here...guess that is what happens when you have too many brats on the loose. Go drink a glass of wine and smell your rubber that will make you happy again....always works for me.:p
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-27-2009, 05:31 PM   #4445  
Gallery Gazer

I'm going to place an order for sticky tape again if anyone wants to get in on the free shipping let me know. Don't forget you can also order die cuts from her if you are good on the sticky tape.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-27-2009, 06:42 PM   #4446  
Forum Fanatic

Received 158 Likes on 137 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emerald77View Post
Okay where is linthicum? I will have to hunt down that papa johns too...my gps will probably send me to the pizza parlor :mrgreen:
Linthicum is north of Glen Burnie on Rt. 648. Vince's Farm Stand & Nursery is at Rt. 648 and Furnace Branch Rd., across from the BP Station. Papa John's Farm is on Newcut Rd. near Business Rt. 3 (Crain Hwy), just south of Glen Burnie. Here's a link to Anne Arundel County Farm Stands, Papa John's is listed there:
http://www.mda.state.md.us/md_produc...activities.php
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-27-2009, 06:50 PM   #4447  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Awww Dawnmarie, I hate to see you depressed :( I think Saturday will be just what you need to make you feel better!!! We will do our best to make you smile! :-D
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-27-2009, 07:23 PM   #4448  
Crimping Master

okay ladies I went to update the blog (finally) for Kimme's bday lunch and It disappeared ARGH LOL Needless to say I will try again tomorrow - after typing it all up and arranging the 15 pics just so I am calling it quits for now as I believe my puter may be angry about some of the words I called it hahahaha
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2009, 03:52 AM   #4449  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

Good Morning Meade.......Dawnmarie, cheer up, we will eat lots of fun food, misbehave and keep one another smiling. This weather is enough to bring anyone down. Hello to the powers that be....it'a coming up on June....do you know where your sun is??? I think we will all find some sunshine in the card making fellowship! I know I am looking forward to it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2009, 03:58 AM   #4450  
Gallery Gazer

Morning Maryland!

Okay Amanda, I have half a box filled with crapola for the flea market so far...hope to have filled by the end of the day. Have let the kiddos know on friday I may not be home if you still want to go.lol Bad ribbon bug won't stop bitting me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2009, 04:08 AM   #4451  
Forum Fanatic

Good Morning Maryland! What happened to the sun we had late yesterday? Boy is it ever elusive these days! Like Jane said, it's almost June for heaven's sake, enough with the rain already! I am definitely looking forward to a sunny day on Saturday with all you fun ladies!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2009, 04:10 AM   #4452  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Bring whatever you have it's no big deal. Don't stress it's a Fun day! Hang in there 90 days is nothing it will be warm soon and you can get out more and that is sure to make the time go by faster.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2009, 04:11 AM   #4453  
Crimping Master

I wanna go to that ribbon store!!! When is the next jaunt out (please dont say weekend my sister in law is here LOL)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2009, 04:25 AM   #4454  
Crimping Master

I hope you are feeling better today DawnMarie! Dont think of it as in 90 days - It will drag out on the count down but think of it as 3 months or 12 weeks...it will not seem as long and the weeks seem to fly by
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2009, 04:36 AM   #4455  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

I wanna go to that ribbon store!!! When is the next jaunt out (please dont say weekend my sister in law is here LOL)
My mom will be here soon (about a month.) She has a cousin in Hagerstown I will take her to visit. While she is visiting I can to go to the ribbon store. Anyone want to come along?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2009, 04:47 AM   #4456  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

My mom will be here soon (about a month.) She has a cousin in Hagerstown I will take her to visit. While she is visiting I can to go to the ribbon store. Anyone want to come along?
Me me me me me me!!!!! I'm up for it any time now. Thankfully dh is home now so I can get out more easily.

DM~DH used to just count the weekends that he was gone instead of the days. So he would say that he only had 11 more Saturdays to go. That seems more manageable then 90 days.
Old 05-28-2009, 04:53 AM   #4457  
Crimping Master

okay i feel real old now LOL I did a quiz on facebook "which steel magnolia character are you" and one of my friends posted what is steel magnolias...she is the young but dang have I already reached that spot where I am going to talk about movies and music nobody has heard of
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2009, 04:53 AM   #4458  
Watercolor Wizard

[QUOTE=MelenaPrincess;14188384]Me me me me me me!!!!! I'm up for it any time now. Thankfully dh is home now so I can get out more easily.

DM~DH used to just count the weekends that he was gone instead of the days. So he would say that he only had 11 more Saturdays to go. That seems more manageable then 90 days.[/QUOTE]

Love this idea!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2009, 05:26 AM   #4459  
Stazon Splitcoast

She has obviously never watched TNT or USA on a Saturday afternoon if she doesn't know Steel Magnolias. It is a timeless movie and she is lacking, YOU ARE NOT OLD!!!

But I felt like ancient history when I had to show my niece what Doogie Howser was. She was unaware that Niel Patrick Harris was ever on tv before
Old 05-28-2009, 05:31 AM   #4460  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by MelenaPrincessView Post
She has obviously never watched TNT or USA on a Saturday afternoon if she doesn't know Steel Magnolias. It is a timeless movie and she is lacking, YOU ARE NOT OLD!!!

But I felt like ancient history when I had to show my niece what Doogie Howser was. She was unaware that Niel Patrick Harris was ever on tv before
hahahahahahahaha I used to love that show....we were watching how i met your mother one night and they set it up once where he was at his puter and they were playing that music from doogie it was hilarious...i wonder how many did not get it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2009, 05:35 AM   #4461  
Stazon Splitcoast

I LMAO at that episode too. He even did the thing where he looked up and then smiled and typed the rest of the moral. It was classic!!!
Old 05-28-2009, 06:49 AM   #4462  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by tracyltrippView Post
I'm going to place an order for sticky tape again if anyone wants to get in on the free shipping let me know. Don't forget you can also order die cuts from her if you are good on the sticky tape.
yeah..I will go through her site today and PM you with stuff.

also needing Tombow too..and I got a code for an additional 2% off.

I seem to be going through that stuff pretty quickly lately...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2009, 06:50 AM   #4463  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

okay ladies I went to update the blog (finally) for Kimme's bday lunch and It disappeared ARGH LOL Needless to say I will try again tomorrow - after typing it all up and arranging the 15 pics just so I am calling it quits for now as I believe my puter may be angry about some of the words I called it hahahaha

it must be taking a page from nana and pouting...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2009, 07:01 AM   #4464  
Pearl-ExPert

Thanks for the good vibes Ladies. I know I tend to wallow in self pity too long sometimes. John has a rule.. I am only allowed to be in a funk for 24 hours. but since he ain't around to bully me out of it, I milk it.

definitely up for another trip to Offray, and anytime there's a trip to Photoscraps I am there too.

except July 1-7. I'll be in Ohio then.

I admit..I have never watched Steel Magnolias. and I have never seen HIMYM, although the DVDs are in my Blockbuster Queue. I AM however admitting to watching Doogie as a youngster.

I have found a new favorite channel on TV..RTN.. Comcast doesn't have it but it is part of Verizon's local package..Retro TV Network. all the old Cheesy late 50-early 80's TV shows.. Beaver, Dragnet, Emergency, A team, Simon and Simon and Magnum PI plus a whole bunch of others. it's actually a DC channel.

It's gonna keep me entertained during the summer Network hiatus.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2009, 07:14 AM   #4465  
Watercolor Wizard

DawnMarie,

Would you like some cards to send to your husband? Any specific types of cards you are currently looking for? Let me know and I can bring you a bunch on Sat.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2009, 07:17 AM   #4466  
Crimping Master

okay I have charged my camera battery I am going to try to update the blog again LOL I am sorry it has taken me so long Kimme!!! I will upload some funny pics of Tracy and DM to make up for it LOL Amanda apparently does not allow a bad pic to be taken!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2009, 07:20 AM   #4467  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Thanks for the good vibes Ladies. I know I tend to wallow in self pity too long sometimes. John has a rule.. I am only allowed to be in a funk for 24 hours. but since he ain't around to bully me out of it, I milk it.

definitely up for another trip to Offray, and anytime there's a trip to Photoscraps I am there too.

except July 1-7. I'll be in Ohio then.

I admit..I have never watched Steel Magnolias. and I have never seen HIMYM, although the DVDs are in my Blockbuster Queue. I AM however admitting to watching Doogie as a youngster.

I have found a new favorite channel on TV..RTN.. Comcast doesn't have it but it is part of Verizon's local package..Retro TV Network. all the old Cheesy late 50-early 80's TV shows.. Beaver, Dragnet, Emergency, A team, Simon and Simon and Magnum PI plus a whole bunch of others. it's actually a DC channel.

It's gonna keep me entertained during the summer Network hiatus.

You have to start watching How I met your mother it is really funny and I think you would really enjoy Big Bang Theory....my hubby started watching both of these and got me hooked (like I need more tv I like) Interesting about RTN....My latest is BBC I am apparently addicted to Ramsay and this show that is like a rip off to antiques road show....If i start using british words this is why hahahahaha
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2009, 07:30 AM   #4468  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

DawnMarie,

Would you like some cards to send to your husband? Any specific types of cards you are currently looking for? Let me know and I can bring you a bunch on Sat.
the guys are mostly asking for I miss you type cards and generic special day cards. Birthday, anniversary,etc. Lots of kids come there on their 4 Days R&R and just want to jot a quick Hi there note...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2009, 07:50 AM   #4469  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

the guys are mostly asking for I miss you type cards and generic special day cards. Birthday, anniversary,etc. Lots of kids come there on their 4 Days R&R and just want to jot a quick Hi there note...
Thanks! I will bring you some of the above from my collection...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2009, 08:06 AM   #4470  
Crimping Master

wooohooo meade blog updated amanda or tracy feel free to edit anything i put EXCEPT Pics Tracy hahahaha
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2009, 08:23 AM   #4471  
Gabfest Goddess

OMG you all are so chatty! I can't keep up! Off to look at the blog.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2009, 08:29 AM   #4472  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

wooohooo meade blog updated amanda or tracy feel free to edit anything i put EXCEPT Pics Tracy hahahaha
Thank you Stacy! You did a GREAT job.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2009, 08:41 AM   #4473  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

looks like you had a fun day - of course! wish I could have been there!

by the way - love that tiara!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2009, 09:18 AM   #4474  
Gabfest Goddess

Ladies I've cleaned out some of my craft stuff that I plan on taking it to the flea market next month but I will have it out on Saturday so if you need anything bring some cash and make me a deal!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2009, 09:25 AM   #4475  
Polyshrink Goddess

OMG. How to keep up? I LOOOOVE talking about old shows... Simon & Simon, Magnum PI, Welcome Back Kotter, & The Love Boat are a few of Favs!

Stacy- How old are we talking? I'm 30 and I know Steel Magnolias, Doogie Howser, 21 Jump Street, Hill Street Blues, Cagney & Lacey, Scarecrow & Mrs. King, Spencer for Hire! LMAO! This is fun. I also love BBT & HIMYM. Never miss them.

I would LOVE to go to the ribbon outlet.

Michelle
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2009, 09:26 AM   #4476  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi girls! We survived our long weekend camping and had beautiful weather. Glad this humid stuff waited until now. Only went to one stamp store - Barbara's Stamping Delight - while up there, but I was there 3 times. Monday we hung out in her basement with her mom and aunt and stamped and visited while my DH worked in their veggie garden and cut the lawn. Told them they had their own personal English gardener. LOL Told her we're heading up there on the 20th too. She's hoping the large Prima order she placed last week will be in then - me too!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2009, 09:34 AM   #4477  
Polyshrink Goddess

Great Pics. Looks like it was a fun day!
Michelle
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2009, 09:39 AM   #4478  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Okay where is linthicum? I will have to hunt down that papa johns too...my gps will probably send me to the pizza parlor :mrgreen:

I'm sitting right here eating lunch at work...sorry, I couldn't resist that since it's my last name. LOL

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2009, 09:39 AM   #4479  
Stazon Splitcoast

Amanda, congrats on being published. That's awesome!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2009, 09:49 AM   #4480  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by CindyLView Post
I'm sitting right here eating lunch at work...sorry, I couldn't resist that since it's my last name. LOL
Really? Any relation? I have a gf who's grandmother was one of THE Linthicums.